Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I didn’t watch, but how exactly did the subject of suicide come up in his rant? That could be very telling. 🥲

It seems rather abrupt. He stops and starts the video a lot. 

The transcript below is not by me ( you could not pay me to listen to this) but someone on Reddit with a servants heart transcribed it with all the cut ins/outs:

Transcription

Hello, everyone. This is Timothy Rodrigues with, uh, Stand Strong Podcast.

(video cuts)

I went after mowing season ended; I started a couple extra jobs, to make some extra money, and save for this mowing season coming up, and just doin' some other random stuff as well. Workin' like, ninety to a hundred... hour-- a hundred-plus hours a week, so I've been pretty busy.

(video cuts)

I actually had an entire podcast prepared: every time I was about to record it or wanted to, um, start recording it and putting it on, my YouTube channel-- I just really felt like God was like, "no, I don't want you to talk about that. I want-- I have a different topic in mind.". I'm like, "Well, God, all of them are waiting on me, so give me something!".

A week or two ago, God gave me this. I was like, "Okay, God. This is what you want me to preach on. Or teach on.".

(video cuts)

I just, um, bought a extremely professional video-making software,

(video cuts)

but this (clicks tongue) was rated very well and... not cheap, either.

(video cuts)

I've actually been doing research on for a long time. Um, as to which video-making software I wanted, um, which one was very professional, but at the same time, easy to use, um, because, for any of you that know me, know I'm not the brightest person in the world, but... I'm not stupid, either.

(video cuts)

Then in verse number sixteen: "Then said Thomas, 'Which is called'... t-- Didymus"

(video cuts)

*(clicks tongue) And... (to someone off-camera, scolding gently) Roxie. (clicks tongue) I... (clicks tongue) am going... to move out back, because... I do not want her destroying this backpack. I have had this backpack since I graduated, aaaand... ... (clicks tongue) she already destroyed it. It's okay. (clears throat) Almost. Maybe I can get someone to sew it.

Well! If anyone kn-- knows how to sew, um, let me know. (laughs in a sort of tired wheeze) No. My mom and sisters do. Um. A bit. So. Probably just see if one of them can... do something to it. Bad girl. Ahhh, that was my favorite backpack, and need I say, only backpack, and I have had that backpack... that's gone with me to Washington, to Wisconsin, here... I got it in West Virginia... (still gentle, but a little louder, to someone off-camera) No.

...wow. That stubborn dog. She will not, like, leave that alone. I even put it up. I might have to go move it again if she keeps tryin' to get at it. (clicks tongue) Um. (clicks tongue) But. Anyway. Just a backpack. I can buy a new one. But I did really like that one. But. (clicks tongue) Aaaaanyway! Back to what I was saying. Satan knows how to distract, right? (laughs) Except he's using my dog! I don't like that.

(video cuts)

Let me give you a... a fictionary example.

(video cuts)

And quite frankly, if you want my honest opinion... committing suicide is the most selfish decision anyone will ever make. And it's because people do not have the hope and the faith in God that someone like I have.

And I actually just had someone come up to me to-- the other day and said, "how are you always so happy? How? But like, this world is terrible, and like, everything's"-- excuse this word, 'cause this is what he said. He's like: "everything's goin' to pot," and he's like, "and nothin's goin' right. How are you so happy?".

I'm like: "you wanna know my answer?". I said, "The Lord Jesus Christ."

It is not because I'm some great, perfect person-- in fact, I'm so far from perfect, it's not even funny, which I know I've said before, and if you are irritated, I am sorry. I'm also not gonna walk on eggshells around you all, because (clicks tongue) I feel God wants me to share some stuff, and whether some people like it or not... I would be disobeying God.

(video cuts)

Be there for people that mourn. But be there for them, and make it clear to them if they ever need anything, you are a phone call away.

(video cuts)

And within safe reasoning: different genders and stuff. If you're a married couple-- even if you're not married, be careful about what girls you tell that, um, because you don't want them to call you up just because, um, they want a guy to talk to.

I don't believe a young guy should be giving a young girl life advice. Now, granted, there's been certain things that people have asked me at work, and girls have asked me at work, like, "Why do you do this?", "why do you believe that?", and obviously, you answer them. But you keep it curt, you keep it chill, um, you don't be overly friendly; there's a way to talk to, um, the opposite gender, and be friendly and nice with them, but not overly friendly.

Now, granted, I'm a extremely outgoing person. Um, sometimes, if a girl is extremely nice to me, I struggle with, um... uh... ... my flesh, and being a little more just curt, and "nope, we're gonna do this", "we're gonna do this", "don't do that", "this is what I do".

(video cuts)

I was, uh, quite the piece of work as a child. And, um, I give my parents a lot of credit for, um, raising me.

I lied a lot.

(video cuts)

I enjoy makin' videos and posting it all for you to see it, um, the comments are turned off, though, because I do have hate followers, mainly which come from my family, but I'm a Rodrigues child, so, with that comes my own side of hate followers as well.

(video cuts)

I don't worry about it! Now, sometimes, I can let that flesh get in, and sometimes, I can let it bother me, but I don't let it bother me anymore, like I used to. At least, I try not to. With God, nothing is impossible. ... ...wait. ... ... ... yeah. With God, nothing is impossible. Okay. I had a brain freeze. Blonde moment. Sorry. That's what you get for me being blonde.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Trillium said:

Someone on Reddit transcribed this for those of us who can’t stand to listen to them. The jist is:

1. The dog is still around but he literally blames Satan when the dog is being a dog and rips his backpack (which he mentions his mom/sisters could fix, because he has a penis and it would obviously fall off he he did womenfolk work like sewing)

2. A random mention that suicide is selfish (Get fucked Timmy) but he’s happy all the time because JESUS! 

3. He’s a dick “curt” to women who talk to him. On purpose because he “struggles with his flesh” so if they are too friendly he’ll be a bigger dick more curt and shut them down. 

I know he was raised this way but I really do fear for any woman who would try to have a relationship with him. And the fact that he’s not only behaving this way but then putting it out on the internet as some kind of godly example of how to live, is horrifying. 

I had a family member who knew Jesus, the Jesus of helping others and he committed suicide because he was in so much pain. Fuck you Timcel and your grifting parents.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, SMama said:

Timcel is curt with women so they won’t flirt with him. Who in their right mind would flirt with such a self righteous POS, with no future, ignorant, uneducated, and unemployed. He is angry women won’t give him a second look and probably has access to firearms. This won’t end well.

There are probably plenty of young 'not-Nuries' in the churches they grift from who think he would be a great catch. My bet is they're only women/girls who talk to him willingly, instead of the ones he's attracted to. That's enough to make a frustrated misogynist angry.

• Love 6

Sounds like Tim had some spirit and attitude when he was younger, and they did their best to beat it out of him (shades of Jana). He was able to make it to Washington and Wisconsin, but got pulled back into Jill’s clutches. A shame he wasn’t able to stick it out and become more independent. 

1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

It's a fictionary example. 

My favorite part! 😃

• LOL 5
  • Love 14

Isn't it handy how God always tells them to do the thing they were going to do anyway?

That transcript is scary. I wonder if Tim feels hopeless enough to commit suicide himself? Maybe he threatened to do so and received the very helpful (NOT!) advice that if he did that, it would be selfish of him. Why is he talking about being such a difficult child? Especially, why is he rambling on like this to strangers? I know. I know. God told him to 🙄 as part of his no comments allowed "ministry". 

This video sounds like a cry for help. That is one messed up kid. 😟

• Love 24
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I couldn’t even finish reading that. He is really a simpleton who needs a psychiatrist and to run away from mommy dearest…

I also didn't finish it. It was painful to read, let alone listen to him babble on like that. Jill is doing that kid no favors at all.

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Isn't it handy how God always tells them to do the thing they were going to do anyway?

That transcript is scary. I wonder if Tim feels hopeless enough to commit suicide himself? Maybe he threatened to do so and received the very helpful (NOT!) advice that if he did that, it would be selfish of him. Why is he talking about being such a difficult child? Especially, why is he rambling on like this to strangers? I know. I know. God told him to 🙄 as part of his no comments allowed "ministry". 

This video sounds like a cry for help. That is one messed up kid. 😟

I do not doubt that Tim is struggling.  Really, who wouldn't be given his family?  Jill and David utterly failed him as parents, and I suspect BME makes Tim's life a living hell on a daily basis.  Let's face it, nothing is ever good enough for that woman.  Tim is burning both ends trying to please her and he is going to kill someone one day with the way he drives.  And this video sounds like he has disappointed Jill yet again.  

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Tim is working 100 hours a week to save money for when his real job of mowing lawns kicks in? That sounds backwards to me.

Tim is probably working 100 hours a week to support the rest of his family.  That stimulus money is long gone, and the addition to the barndo has to have depleted the family's coffers.  If the Rods want to eat, then Tim has to work.

• Love 5

He should keep all the money he’s earning and move back to Wisconsin. Surely someone there could give him some guidance. Anyone but Jill!

IIRC he has a cousin there. Jill posted pictures of them camping.

Edited by SMama
Typo
  • Useful 6

I watched a little bit of TimBit’s video. OMG. I am really (or shall I say SEVERELY?) worried for that boy. The way he speaks… there is something really wrong going on there. And his eye movements? Very scary. There is something very, very wrong going on with that boy. And I put all the blame on BME and GWE. Fuck both of them. They let their children down big time. They ruined their children. Someone is going to snap, and I think it might be TimBits.

• Love 9

He should keep all the money he’s earning and move back to Wisconsin. Surely someone there could give him some guidance. Anyone but Jill!

Didn't Tim connect with some Christian aviator folks in Wisconsin? IIRC that was when he moved there and enrolled in some kind of community college. I thought that one or more of those men had shown some interest in mentoring or at least helping him get going with flying lessons, etc. 

And, now it occurs to me that JillR may have lost her sh*t when she realized that ANY other adult was having any kind of influence over her precious property Tim. Consciously or not, she may have such a narcissistic attitude of entitlement and control over him that she couldn't stand his moving away from her clutches daily supervision. IMO she had already doomed him at Moody with substandard home schooling and then pitching a public fit over the tuition and fees. 

I can't remember the official story of how Tim left Wisconsin and returned to home base in Ohio, but I wouldn't bet on his ever being able to move along in life past the end of his mother's apron strings - or the focus range of her cellphone camera.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I can't remember the official story of how Tim left Wisconsin and returned to home base in Ohio, but I wouldn't bet on his ever being able to move along in life past the end of his mother's apron strings - or the focus range of her cellphone camera.

Here’s Jill’s take on it all:

First:

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3929

The move to Ohio:

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=4031

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Trillium said:

The transcript below is not by me ( you could not pay me to listen to this) but someone on Reddit with a servants heart transcribed it with all the cut ins/outs:

Transcription

(video cuts)

I went after mowing season ended; I started a couple extra jobs, to make some extra money, and save for this mowing season coming up, and just doin' some other random stuff as well. Workin' like, ninety to a hundred... hour-- a hundred-plus hours a week, so I've been pretty busy.

(video cuts)

I actually had an entire podcast prepared: every time I was about to record it or wanted to, um, start recording it and putting it on, my YouTube channel-- I just really felt like God was like, "no, I don't want you to talk about that. I want-- I have a different topic in mind.". I'm like, "Well, God, all of them are waiting on me, so give me something!".

A week or two ago, God gave me this. I was like, "Okay, God. This is what you want me to preach on. Or teach on.".

(video cuts)

(video cuts)

(video cuts)

I've actually been doing research on for a long time. Um, as to which video-making software I wanted, um, which one was very professional, but at the same time, easy to use, um, because, for any of you that know me, know I'm not the brightest person in the world, but... I'm not stupid, either.

(video cuts)

Then in verse number sixteen: "Then said Thomas, 'Which is called'... t-- Didymus"

(video cuts)

*(clicks tongue) And... (to someone off-camera, scolding gently) Roxie. (clicks tongue) I... (clicks tongue) am going... to move out back, because... I do not want her destroying this backpack. I have had this backpack since I graduated, aaaand... ... (clicks tongue) she already destroyed it. It's okay. (clears throat) Almost. Maybe I can get someone to sew it.

Well! If anyone kn-- knows how to sew, um, let me know. (laughs in a sort of tired wheeze) No. My mom and sisters do. Um. A bit. So. Probably just see if one of them can... do something to it. Bad girl. Ahhh, that was my favorite backpack, and need I say, only backpack, and I have had that backpack... that's gone with me to Washington, to Wisconsin, here... I got it in West Virginia... (still gentle, but a little louder, to someone off-camera) No.

...wow. That stubborn dog. She will not, like, leave that alone. I even put it up. I might have to go move it again if she keeps tryin' to get at it. (clicks tongue) Um. (clicks tongue) But. Anyway. Just a backpack. I can buy a new one. But I did really like that one. But. (clicks tongue) Aaaaanyway! Back to what I was saying. Satan knows how to distract, right? (laughs) Except he's using my dog! I don't like that.

(video cuts)

(video cuts)

And quite frankly, if you want my honest opinion... committing suicide is the most selfish decision anyone will ever make. And it's because people do not have the hope and the faith in God that someone like I have.

And I actually just had someone come up to me to-- the other day and said, "how are you always so happy? How? But like, this world is terrible, and like, everything's"-- excuse this word, 'cause this is what he said. He's like: "everything's goin' to pot," and he's like, "and nothin's goin' right. How are you so happy?".

It is not because I'm some great, perfect person-- in fact, I'm so far from perfect, it's not even funny, which I know I've said before, and if you are irritated, I am sorry. I'm also not gonna walk on eggshells around you all, because (clicks tongue) I feel God wants me to share some stuff, and whether some people like it or not... I would be disobeying God.

(video cuts)

Be there for people that mourn. But be there for them, and make it clear to them if they ever need anything, you are a phone call away.

(video cuts)

And within safe reasoning: different genders and stuff. If you're a married couple-- even if you're not married, be careful about what girls you tell that, um, because you don't want them to call you up just because, um, they want a guy to talk to.

I don't believe a young guy should be giving a young girl life advice. Now, granted, there's been certain things that people have asked me at work, and girls have asked me at work, like, "Why do you do this?", "why do you believe that?", and obviously, you answer them. But you keep it curt, you keep it chill, um, you don't be overly friendly; there's a way to talk to, um, the opposite gender, and be friendly and nice with them, but not overly friendly.

Now, granted, I'm a extremely outgoing person. Um, sometimes, if a girl is extremely nice to me, I struggle with, um... uh... ... my flesh, and being a little more just curt, and "nope, we're gonna do this", "we're gonna do this", "don't do that", "this is what I do".

(video cuts)

I was, uh, quite the piece of work as a child. And, um, I give my parents a lot of credit for, um, raising me.

I lied a lot.

(video cuts)

I enjoy makin' videos and posting it all for you to see it, um, the comments are turned off, though, because I do have hate followers, mainly which come from my family, but I'm a Rodrigues child, so, with that comes my own side of hate followers as well.

(video cuts)

I don't worry about it! Now, sometimes, I can let that flesh get in, and sometimes, I can let it bother me, but I don't let it bother me anymore, like I used to. At least, I try not to. With God, nothing is impossible. ... ...wait. ... ... ... yeah. With God, nothing is impossible. Okay. I had a brain freeze. Blonde moment. Sorry. That's what you get for me being blonde.

Wow. 😳 I feel like I killed several thousand brain cells just from reading that mess.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Didn't Tim connect with some Christian aviator folks in Wisconsin? IIRC that was when he moved there and enrolled in some kind of community college. I thought that one or more of those men had shown some interest in mentoring or at least helping him get going with flying lessons, etc. 

And, now it occurs to me that JillR may have lost her sh*t when she realized that ANY other adult was having any kind of influence over her precious property Tim. Consciously or not, she may have such a narcissistic attitude of entitlement and control over him that she couldn't stand his moving away from her clutches daily supervision. IMO she had already doomed him at Moody with substandard home schooling and then pitching a public fit over the tuition and fees. 

I remember hearing this, too. Someone was helping Tim out and giving him flying lessons. He was working and could have looked into taking some basic courses at a community college. There are even quite a few free courses online now. I wonder if he regrets leaving and running back home to mommy now? I know I would be resentful and angry as hell. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I remember hearing this, too. Someone was helping Tim out and giving him flying lessons. He was working and could have looked into taking some basic courses at a community college. There are even quite a few free courses online now. I wonder if he regrets leaving and running back home to mommy now? I know I would be resentful and angry as hell. 

@ginger90 posted links just above, to the two posts on their website by Jill about the Moody Aviation thing and Tim's return from Wisconsin to Ohio. I suspect the pandemic shutdowns may have played some part in the latter but somehow it all had the net effect of moving Tim back to his parents' driveway if not their home. Jill claimed - falsely I am sure - that Tim got his pilot's license while in Wisconsin. IIRC someone here searched the FAA records and found no such license. 

Good old Jill. Lying for the greater glory of herself at every opportunity.

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

here is where I always get confused - first post he was going to moody first year online but then could not because he needed math classes not in their online program, so i guess remedial math. this was after he supposedly took the SAT and passed amazing thanks to home school.

per jill "However, it was about 3 weeks ago, the college called and told us there were some math courses that were NOT allowed to be done online. We were frustrated that these details had not been carefully explained to us….especially because we had asked lots of questions."

the second post of his coming to ohio per jill

"However, he has ALWAYS loved this area that we now live in. With plenty of FLAT land, there are aviation schools GALORE here! He visited us for his birthday week and fell in love (even more) with this location, our church, etc. Plus, he missed us and we missed him!"

So why would he need an aviation school when she claimed in an a prior post he got his private pilot's license in summer 2019?? again the FAA registry has no Timothy Rodrigues as either a student pilot, private pilot or any other type of pilot

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 8
  • Love 5

I just finished watching Midnight Mass (good, but a little disappointing) and there is a woman that is a holier-than-thou type, much like Jill. The townspeople generally put up with her and no one seems to challenge her. At one point another character asks her why it upsets her that God loves the sinners too, and tells her that God doesn’t love her any more than anyone else. Honestly, I though of Jill. 

• Love 10

Even if the community college had to close because of Covid, the courses probably continued on Zoom. It was mid-semester, and most schools scrambled to continue rather than drop students. Tim had a place to stay and likely could have completed his semester.  

There is the rumor that Tim became interested in a girl in Wisconsin. There's a photo with him with a group of young people who were fellow employees at a care center (?) there, and I think a second photo with Tim and a young woman. The rumor also says something about Tim going to a jewelry store and buying a ring. (That is not confirmed.) Maybe she was nice and friendly to him. Tim may have been getting too close to an unapproved soulmate, and Jill pulled the plug. 

The flat land story sounds silly. Covid closing would have been a more reasonable story, but Jill didn't use that. Lies have to make sense, Jill. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
32 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Even if the community college had to close because of Covid, the courses probably continued on Zoom. It was mid-semester, and most schools scrambled to continue rather than drop students. Tim had a place to stay and likely could have completed his semester.  

There is the rumor that Tim became interested in a girl in Wisconsin. There's a photo with him with a group of young people who were fellow employees at a care center (?) there, and I think a second photo with Tim and a young woman. The rumor also says something about Tim going to a jewelry store and buying a ring. (That is not confirmed.) Maybe she was nice and friendly to him. Tim may have been getting too close to an unapproved soulmate, and Jill pulled the plug. 

The flat land story sounds silly. Covid closing would have been a more reasonable story, but Jill didn't use that. Lies have to make sense, Jill. 

I vaguely remember some discussion when this happened. IIRC, Tim left around spring break and simply never went back, which did coincide with the descent of the pandemic. But it made me think that his issues at school went beyond that complication. Or maybe it was he left but it wasn't quite spring break. I remember something about spring break! LOL

Edited by Zella
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Trillium said:

Transcription

(video cuts)

(video cuts)

(video cuts)

(video cuts)

(video cuts)

(video cuts)

(video cuts)

(video cuts)

(video cuts)

(video cuts)

(video cuts)

(video cuts)

I lied a lot.

(video cuts)

(video cuts)

What I gleaned from that is 1) Tim has definitely contemplated suicide. He's trying way to hard to convince people how HAPPY he is because of Jesus.  I feel awful for him that he isn't allowed to be honest about how he feels and that he doesn't have anyone around to validate him. He's living in an RV, he's lost his driver's license, he's failed out of two colleges, and his family upbringing has emotionally crippled him as a potential boyfriend or husband. It's just sad, sad, sad.  2) I really suspect he's gay. He is fighting something inside of himself, which brings me back to #1.  🙁

• Love 1

“Fictionary “? Love it. And “hey God, my massive audience is WAITING on me to say something brilliant.” So sad.

On 2/7/2022 at 6:38 AM, ginger90 said:

67EE06CF-5407-4924-B902-706E994A0E65.jpeg

1F0B1473-F38A-4899-AA15-E893652E1412.jpeg

74F4F666-CD33-483A-BA48-39492062B377.jpeg

On 2/7/2022 at 11:05 AM, galaxygirl76 said:

I especially 'like' that Renee's picture is her with her awkward smile and terrible lightning and Jill's is basically a glamour shot.

I enjoy the hearts that end up looking like Mickey/Minnie Mouse ears on Jill.

mental health soapbox moment: use of “died by suicide” rather than “committed suicide” is preferred—avoids the blaming/criminal implications embedded in the word “committed.” /off soapbox

Edited by LilJen
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I vaguely remember some discussion when this happened. IIRC, Tim left around spring break and simply never went back, which did coincide with the descent of the pandemic. But it made me think that his issues at school went beyond that complication. Or maybe it was he left but it wasn't quite spring break. I remember something about spring break! LOL

I sort of recall this too. He left Wisconsin before spring break and we speculated that BME caught wind of a girl around Timbits. BME had to crush that and must have demanded he come home.  It seems like it was all too much for Timbits and he just went along with whatever JillR told him to do. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I sort of recall this too. He left Wisconsin before spring break and we speculated that BME caught wind of a girl around Timbits. BME had to crush that and must have demanded he come home.  It seems like it was all too much for Timbits and he just went along with whatever JillR told him to do. 

Yes that sounds right! I remember some speculation that his journey home was related to spring break, and then someone did some fact-checking and realized that wasn't so. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yes that sounds right! I remember some speculation that his journey home was related to spring break, and then someone did some fact-checking and realized that wasn't so. 

He went home for his birthday, a week ahead of Spring Break. The pandemic shut down Fox Valley in the meantime, going all virtual.

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

He went home for his birthday, a week ahead of Spring Break. The pandemic shut down Fox Valley in the meantime, going all virtual.

Oh I didn't realize that was the official reason. 

I say this as a Leo who delights in turning my birthdays into the equivalent of a national holiday, but I think it's pretty weird to leave school a week early for that reason, especially right ahead of a scheduled break. I suspect this is the reasoning that Jill thought sounded the best, but we all know how tone deaf and clueless she is. 

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Trillium said:

Now, granted, there's been certain things that people have asked me at work, and girls have asked me at work, like, "Why do you do this?", "why do you believe that?", and obviously, you answer them. But you keep it curt, you keep it chill, um, you don't be overly friendly; there's a way to talk to, um, the opposite gender, and be friendly and nice with them, but not overly friendly.

This whole thing was Dateline: Secrets Uncovered-level crazy, but this part really struck me for two reasons. One, definitely agree that he has no idea how to interact with women he's not related to, so anyone making even direct eye contact is probably enough to make him feel like a junior high boy with no bodily control at all.

But also, this feels so much like he was required to actually work with women (either they were training him or less likely, he was training them) and he just had no idea how to handle that situation. I can so easily see a female coworker asking why this door is locked or why the paperwork is filled out like this or whatever and just him having no frame of reference for how to have a conversation.

And that makes me so sad because while that whole "podcast" is just a rambling mess (it almost seems like he doesn't understand that when he cuts off the camera, the audience can't see what he said next; like he almost said a Bible verse and just never returned to it!), his parents just completely set him up to fail. I mean, this kid never went to school, never did anything without his family around him when he was little, so what could he have possibly "lied a lot" about? Don't get me wrong, this family and their beliefs (and their beliefs that they should shove their beliefs on everyone else!) are awful, but I also feel terrible for this kids/kidults who never had a chance.

• Love 13

It really is sad that these kids can't be taken from their parents.

I agree Tim is a combination of arrogance, arrested development and ignorance, which perhaps could be a recipe for a Dateline tragedy.

Thank goodness they have mostly girls because at least they have a slight chance at a better life.

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

No sign of Timothy in the videos she posted.

Screenshot from a video:

5E4980EA-68BB-4A5E-84BC-93F17710CA40.jpeg

So the Rod boys still at home are dressed in the same shirt in this story. Just like David and Nathan Keller did when they were single. Is this a Fundie thing? And what is the appeal of arm wrestling? I have never had friends or family come over and had anyone arm wrestle. Once again Janessa in the background with rag in her mouth.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So the Rod boys still at home are dressed in the same shirt in this story. Just like David and Nathan Keller did when they were single. Is this a Fundie thing? And what is the appeal of arm wrestling? I have never had friends or family come over and had anyone arm wrestle. Once again Janessa in the background with rag in her mouth.

Arm wrestling is MANLY! They are men, they must do aggressively MAN things do no one thinks they are SISSYS! 

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

And that makes me so sad because while that whole "podcast" is just a rambling mess (it almost seems like he doesn't understand that when he cuts off the camera, the audience can't see what he said next; like he almost said a Bible verse and just never returned to it!), his parents just completely set him up to fail. I mean, this kid never went to school, never did anything without his family around him when he was little, so what could he have possibly "lied a lot" about? Don't get me wrong, this family and their beliefs (and their beliefs that they should shove their beliefs on everyone else!) are awful, but I also feel terrible for this kids/kidults who never had a chance.

This is it. 

Tim's lies were probably things like saying he took two peanuts out of a bowl when he took three, and he was probably beaten for his "sins." In the Rod family story, Tim is marked as the difficult child, but he may have been just a curious, energetic kid. He may also have ADHD, which could explain some of the issues with his video narratives. Tim is the golden first son, but he has had trouble living up to expectations. That's Jill and David's fault since they never gave him any tools to help him succeed. 

Jill the Hypocrite exaggerates and even openly lies, but that's OK because she's Best Momma. 

• Love 7