Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Just now, AgathaC said:

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the mean-spiritedness that comes through with the Rods, the Duggars, etc. I’m on board with kids being taught to lose (and win) graciously. No problem. And I wasn’t scarred by my dad beating pre-school me at Candyland. But with these people, the competition just feels like an excuse for cruelty. It is possible to be competitive and have competitions without being nasty about it. I really do sometimes wonder if there’s some secret phony Bible they’re reading that leaves some key stuff out… (like, you know, loving other people and treating them well)

I think the fact that none of the Duggar kids nor the Rodlets are allowed to have a negative emotion plays into this. So they save up the minor annoyance and irritations that happen with siblings, and they unleash it during games and competitions.   That is the only time they can express anything other than pure happiness in Jesus. You can only keep so much in for so long.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 2/5/2022 at 3:56 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Something feels off about this tale.  I have a hard time believing that David can get his van to the neighbors' house, but an ambulance cannot.  Or why David continued to the hospital and did not stop to meet the ambulance.  I used to live in Northeast Ohio, I get what the roads can be like when a storm goes through, but I never heard of EMS not operating due to weather.  If the weather was that bad, then David would not have been able to make it to the hospital nor ferry the rest of the family to the hospital.  

edited to add--I also cannot believe the Rods would spend this much time helping their neighbor.  The Rods are people who demand aid from their neighbors, not give it away freely.

I live in extreme NW PA beside extreme NE OH.  We have over 40" on the ground.  The last storm dumped about a foot.  Our schools didn't cancel.  I call bullsh*t on this story.  We NEVER slow down around here.  We suffer extreme Lake effect snow thanks to living on the Lake Erie shore.  EMS doesn't quit.  

• Useful 10
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, Triple P said:

Jill has a team of more than 100 people, but her plexus team zoom calls always have the same 4 women on the call?

How cute that she thinks she is “helping” people by shilling a useless, expensive product. 

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

Jill has a team of more than 100 people, but her plexus team zoom calls always have the same 4 women on the call?

I’m sure her “team” includes her kids, her sisters, their kids and anyone JillyBean meets for even 5 minutes. Plus she probably counts all the people that the women in her top 10 sell to as her Plexus team. Plus she’s a lying liar.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

WTF does this mean?

You are doing right by loving the HEARTS of your children and not just our temporary bodies.

Sounds Heaven’s Gate like. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

the post by Jill renee is bizarre but the bible verses included are quite frightening.

someone must be in trouble with mama and/or mama is feeling especially persecuted after reading about herself on the ebil, worldly internet.

the last verse about" keeping thee from evil women or flattery from the tongue of a strange woman" is just bizarre

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

the last verse about" keeping thee from evil women or flattery from the tongue of a strange woman" is just bizarre

Not if you literally apply it to Jill. 😁

As far as it being from a Proverb, isn’t it about prostitution?

• Useful 4
47 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

As far as it being from a Proverb, isn’t it about prostitution?

why yes it is. prostitution and adultery follows with vs 25

but  "renee" also does not include the verses before about the 6 yea 7 things god hates. so those verses were handpicked for a reason. I would say Jill is guilty of some of these.

16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

• Love 15

This describes JillR to a T.

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Olive Garden bathroom, Daniel of the Laundromat, sluttish women, purple haired single moms, friends in bathing suits, injured knee, Tim's education and Bible throwing professor ...

• Love 20

exactly - i will add to that when she posts the bashing of the churches they grift from saying they have drifted away from godliness because women wear pants or have non traditional music. then Jill and the horde perform that song she freely boasts she wrote.

• Love 11

Say that louder! This is a good description of Jilly (plexus dealing, SEVERELY injured knee) Rodrigues!

Your momma, Is truly a rarity ! I’m truly sorry you were born to that deranged Jilly. You deserved a sweet, kind mom like mine…

E03EA282-4E3E-4D4A-B678-B5571204186D.jpeg

• Love 7
On 2/5/2022 at 11:01 AM, BradandJanet said:

At least Jill has the poor baby going directly to Jesus. 

I hope she doesn't post any selfies from the hospital. She loves to photograph herself in a hospital when someone else is suffering. 

Hopefully they weren't even allowed inside due to covid.  I don't know why Jill has to tag along anyway.  Surely David could have dropped off the couple.

But every outing is an adventure for Jill and an excuse to go out to eat without her kids.

Thankfully most Amish won't see her disgusting post over sharing sad news that is not hers to divulge.

• Love 14
On 2/6/2022 at 7:02 PM, Triple P said:

The Zoom photo where Jill is jillercised in a glamour shot and the other women are always caught in an unflattering pose.

• LOL 7
7 hours ago, louannems said:

Hopefully they weren't even allowed inside due to covid.  I don't know why Jill has to tag along anyway.  Surely David could have dropped off the couple.

But every outing is an adventure for Jill and an excuse to go out to eat without her kids.

Thankfully most Amish won't see her disgusting post over sharing sad news that is not hers to divulge.

Well if Jill doesn’t go with GWE, some harlot might try and tempt him! He’s a hunk after all.

• LOL 15

Someone on Reddit transcribed this for those of us who can’t stand to listen to them. The jist is:

1. The dog is still around but he literally blames Satan when the dog is being a dog and rips his backpack (which he mentions his mom/sisters could fix, because he has a penis and it would obviously fall off he he did womenfolk work like sewing)

2. A random mention that suicide is selfish (Get fucked Timmy) but he’s happy all the time because JESUS! 

3. He’s a dick “curt” to women who talk to him. On purpose because he “struggles with his flesh” so if they are too friendly he’ll be a bigger dick more curt and shut them down. 

I know he was raised this way but I really do fear for any woman who would try to have a relationship with him. And the fact that he’s not only behaving this way but then putting it out on the internet as some kind of godly example of how to live, is horrifying. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Trillium said:

I know he was raised this way but I really do fear for any woman who would try to have a relationship with him. And the fact that he’s not only behaving this way but then putting it out on the internet as some kind of godly example of how to live, is horrifying. 

I recall reading that he was fired from his job at a senior care center in Wisconsin for inappropriately dealing with the residents.  I don't think it's just women, he just is completely lacking in social skills and is trying to rationalize it as being godly.

• Love 18
36 minutes ago, SMama said:

His paternal grandfather committed suicide, so of course GWE and BME have taught their kids it was a selfish act. Assholes. 

Timcel is curt with women so they won’t flirt with him. Who in their right mind would flirt with such a self righteous POS, with no future, ignorant, uneducated, and unemployed. He is angry women won’t give him a second look and probably has access to firearms. This won’t end well.

I wish I hadn't been reading true crime books recently. Because he really is a mess. I think the above is true. I also think he could be conflicted about his own feelings and sexual urges. I'm sure he's had all kinds of awful images placed in his mind from childhood about evil and sin and especially the "evils of the flesh." What a toxic brew.

• Love 8

Jilly must be on a rant again about harlots. She is surely on one about perceived persecution.

Renee writes a tribute to momma, including verses about prostitution and adultery and now timothy and a rant against women. Next up Kaylee and how blessed she was being taught to dress modestly by bme and saved herself for courtship with a guy who has visited her once since the courting announcement photo extravaganza. Who she has not visited at all. (there would be pics by bme if jonathan had visited more)

So what set Jill of this time on the harlot women? seems last time it was the rodeo or monster truck event she felt need to go to with some of the older "children".

hey Timothy - such a man all dressed up in a suit and sitting in an trailer in momma's back yard. maybe he got fired this time for being too "curt" to some female.  that would set momma off on a rant of persecution for sure.

• Love 16

Apparently The Rods had visitors so there was of course, photos of them all out to eat at what looks like an Amish restaurant. I guess the price of stopping by the Barndo is taking the Rod clan out to eat.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

I'm guessing Tim's curtness toward women has mostly to do with the little man in his pants. He's likely so sexually repressed, the little guy reacts to the most minimal contact to females that could even have the slightest possibility of becoming friends or mates.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18

Boner alert! Haha 

Why else is he clutching that pillow in his lap?

LUMPY HUNK wasn’t wearing his lularoe leggings! He must have thrown them out.

I can’t believe anyone visits the Rodrigues willingly… I’d run far away.

Hmmm maybe the visitors have a suitor for a not Nurie. 

4E323D5D-3581-4996-ABF7-BC359F3EE65D.jpeg

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Trillium said:

Someone on Reddit transcribed this for those of us who can’t stand to listen to them. The jist is:

1. The dog is still around but he literally blames Satan when the dog is being a dog and rips his backpack (which he mentions his mom/sisters could fix, because he has a penis and it would obviously fall off he he did womenfolk work like sewing)

2. A random mention that suicide is selfish (Get fucked Timmy) but he’s happy all the time because JESUS! 

3. He’s a dick “curt” to women who talk to him. On purpose because he “struggles with his flesh” so if they are too friendly he’ll be a bigger dick more curt and shut them down. 

He also claimed that he has been working 100 hours a week. Now we know why he has so many car accidents. Driving while sleep-deprived is as dangerous as driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Triple P said:

He also claimed that he has been working 100 hours a week. Now we know why he has so many car accidents. Driving while sleep-deprived is as dangerous as driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Does he explain what kind of work he is doing? He’s not at the residential home any longer, and maybe not at the airfield (?) either. I find it hard to believe that he’s actually working 100 hours a week.

• Love 12

I didn't watch the whole video, but apparently the lawn care business is still going. He said he worked two other jobs to "save for mowing season" and spent 90-100 hours a week working these jobs and doing "random stuff." 

His speech problem seems to be more than a simple lisp. One example I noticed was he was consistently saying "flash" for the word "flesh." I can't see Tim becoming a pastor of even the most desperate church. 

• Love 15