Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

right? - jill was able to get someone to plow their driveway before an ambulance could get to the amish neighbors house and oh also jill had time to take some video at a gas station?? I am surprised she left out her view of the amish not believing in the right god.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

right? - jill was able to get someone to plow their driveway before an ambulance could get to the amish neighbors house and oh also jill had time to take some video at a gas station?? I am surprised she left out her view of the amish not believing in the right god.

At least Jill has the poor baby going directly to Jesus. 

I hope she doesn't post any selfies from the hospital. She loves to photograph herself in a hospital when someone else is suffering. 

3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Words cannot express how heinous this is

Screenshot_20220205-112322_Facebook.jpg

The use of sad face emojis as bullet points is making me very stabby. Jill managed to make this all about Jill, which is as expected. 

Dumb question time but the Amish have phones since they called superhero Jill?

12 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

The use of sad face emojis as bullet points is making me very stabby. Jill managed to make this all about Jill, which is as expected. 

Dumb question time but the Amish have phones since they called superhero Jill?

Some Amish have a small phone booth out near their road. They can also have a cell phone if they say it’s used “for their business”. It all depends on the local bishop. Some are really strict and some aren’t. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Something feels off about this tale.  I have a hard time believing that David can get his van to the neighbors' house, but an ambulance cannot.  Or why David continued to the hospital and did not stop to meet the ambulance.  I used to live in Northeast Ohio, I get what the roads can be like when a storm goes through, but I never heard of EMS not operating due to weather.  If the weather was that bad, then David would not have been able to make it to the hospital nor ferry the rest of the family to the hospital.  

Maybe if the woman had taken the ambulance instead of riding with Jill, the medics could have delivered the baby without the umbilical cord issue. At the very least they would have taken her vitals, given oxygen if needed, and made her more comfortable.  I guess we’ll never know. 

Why would the neighbors call Jill of all people?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Maybe if the woman had taken the ambulance instead of riding with Jill, the medics could have delivered the baby without the umbilical cord issue. At the very least they would have taken her vitals, given oxygen if needed, and made her more comfortable.  I guess we’ll never know. 

Why would the neighbors call Jill of all people?

Most Amish have an non-Amish friend they can contact in emergencies like this.  I would not choose the Rod's for this, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Also, it was David who did all of this, not Jill.  Maybe Philip or Samuel helped, but Jill was safely ensconced in the Barndo while all of this went down.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

It does seem odd that the snow plow arrived and got the roads cleared before the ambulance showed up . But since her neighbors probably don’t have health insurance, they may have wanted to avoid the $1000 ambulance bill. This country is shameful.  Not sure how they expect to pay their hospital bills. Maybe they do have insurance after all. They should have taken the ambulance either way!

Do the Amish usually go for home births? Maybe @Rootbeer can answer that question since she practices in their area. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 4
28 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Not sure how they expect to pay their hospital bills. Maybe they do have insurance after all. They should have taken the ambulance either way!

I can't answer about if the Amish rely on home births or buy insurance, but I've read that many Amish are wealthier than what you might expect considering they don't buy cars, expensive appliances, etc.  Many of them have side jobs such as making furniture, selling handmade goods/foods, selling hearing aides.  They own far more land throughout the U.S. than they did 50 or so years ago.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I can't answer about if the Amish rely on home births or buy insurance, but I've read that many Amish are wealthier than what you might expect considering they don't buy cars, expensive appliances, etc.  Many of them have side jobs such as making furniture, selling handmade goods/foods, selling hearing aides.  They own far more land throughout the U.S. than they did 50 or so years ago.

The Amish don't have health insurance, but, as a community, they all pitch in together to pay medical bills in cash for the most part.  They are also likely to barter for services.  A friend of mine who practiced OB in Amish country, had custom cherry kitchen cabinets and an inground pool which he received as 'payment' for delivering babies for various families.

When I was a med student back in the 80's, I was on a renal transplant service.  One of our patients was an Amish guy in his early 20's who'd gotten a transplant.  The surgeon said his parents came to the hospital business office with $10,000 in cash in a brown paper bag as a down payment on his bill.  The Amish pay their bills, from what I've seen.  And, as noted above, they tend to have a fair amount of cash on hand for such purposes.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 3
  • Love 21
49 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

It does seem odd that the snow plow arrived and got the roads cleared before the ambulance showed up . But since her neighbors probably don’t have health insurance, they may have wanted to avoid the $1000 ambulance bill. This country is shameful.  Not sure how they expect to pay their hospital bills. Maybe they do have insurance after all. They should have taken the ambulance either way!

Do the Amish usually go for home births? Maybe @Rootbeer can answer that question since she practices in their area. 

I am in NE Indiana, and there’s a fair number of Amish. They do indeed pool money to pay bills; the hospice organization I work for recently updated its billing system to accommodate these families.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Most Amish have an non-Amish friend they can contact in emergencies like this.  I would not choose the Rod's for this, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Also, it was David who did all of this, not Jill.  Maybe Philip or Samuel helped, but Jill was safely ensconced in the Barndo while all of this went down.

Maybe Jill stayed home to orchestrate her family's singing, praying, and crying session. How well did the Rods even know these neighbors?

I hate to sound cynical, but maybe self-absorbed Jill welcomed a distraction if Paycheck Tim has lost yet another job. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe Jill stayed home to orchestrate her family's singing, praying, and crying session. How well did the Rods even know these neighbors?

I hate to sound cynical, but maybe self-absorbed Jill welcomed a distraction if Paycheck Tim has lost yet another job. 

Jill seems weirdly fascinated by the Amish, she somehow thinks they're kindred Christian spirits.  She seems to have gone out of her way to ingratiate herself with the Amish neighbors.  And, as others have noted, in Amish communities, it is not unusual for the Amish to ask their Yankee neighbors for help in an emergency.  

• Love 10

She does seem really fixated with them, which is odd but interesting seeing as how very non-Amish she is. I can't help but wonder if, when they see her coming, they whisper some variation of "Here comes that awful garish English woman" and do grimace smiles like her kids until she wanders off. 

• Love 20

I have a feeling that the Amish neighbors who have her number are the families that share their driveway with the Rods. Remember, there's a big farm behind the acre or so the Rods have by the road. Jill even posted a pic of the fence they were building in the back, not realizing that it's there to keep the crazy English lady from encroaching on their property with her never ending tchotckes. 

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

If only Jill cared as much about the one million Americans lost to Covid as she does one baby. How much praying and crying has she done about them?

Jill doesn't pray for anyone but herself. Not Daniel from the Laundromat, not other folks' babies and not for anyone sick with covid. Jill prays for Jill and her own.

• Love 13

The Rod kids grin and laugh on demand, so maybe they cry on demand too. I'm calling foul that the whole family, especially the younger kids, who seem to spend their days dusting, going to church, and riding in the stink van, burst into song, prayer, and tears for a family they barely know. I'm taking Jill's description of events too literally, perhaps. 

I'm curious if Jill sees the Amish community as potential Plexus customers. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The Rod kids grin and laugh on demand, so maybe they cry on demand too. I'm calling foul that the whole family, especially the younger kids, who seem to spend their days dusting, going to church, and riding in the stink van, burst into song, prayer, and tears for a family they barely know. I'm taking Jill's description of events too literally, perhaps. 

I'm curious if Jill sees the Amish community as potential Plexus customers. 

I 100% believe that Jill had every one of her offspring sobbing and singing.  The younger children had no business knowing what happened to that baby, but I think BME gets off on whipping them all into a frenzy when someone dies or has some other misfortune.  She is just that twisted.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Love 11

Family competition? OK, fine, why not, though most adults would not include themselves in a competition with their small children. Having dad rank them all the way down to last place? (Presumably? or were there more than ten entrants?) Yeah, that's cruel.

Completely on par for Jill, of course. (Both the "Mama is #1" and the "let me make sure that whoever was worst is made to feel like the worst.")

• Love 13

but hey Olivia was 6th place.

from the video it seemed mama, gabriel and the girls participated. Sammers was mixing the shaving cream colors.  phillip was probably deep in study and they just could not pry him away from his desk🤣

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

10939176-50C3-4D76-8C76-AB82D90861F3.jpeg

C45BB10E-EBA2-4FDA-B317-04E5AF1C0A6E.jpeg

3794BF8D-D06E-4820-B94C-F11680088B61.jpeg

This society needs to learn how to spell. Also, Jill is once again oblivious to the hypocrisy of calling others “entitled.” 

Wait a sec, did they just smear colored shaving cream all over the top of the wood table they were g(r)ifted? Directly on the wood surface? Have they no common sense?

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Wait a sec, did they just smear colored shaving cream all over the top of the wood table they were g(r)ifted? Directly on the wood surface? Have they no common sense?

Jill has no common sense, and she makes all the rules. 

Best Momma and family craft champion put in a lot of effort to grift that handmade table from her pastor. It's a shame she couldn't put down newspapers or scrap paper from the print shop to protect the surface. 

Never mind. The Rods don't read newspapers, and David rarely goes into the print shop. 

Oh, well. The Rodlets who placed ninth and tenth will clean up the mess because they're loosers

• Love 1

Who believes GWE didn’t know exactly which creation was BME’s? Any other mom would be assisting the little ones, especially Janessa, who’s what, 3? Way to go Jilly, your artwork beat a toddler. The other kids probably knew they shouldn’t really try too hard, imagine if BME wasn’t #1! And how disgusting was that mess, right on their dining room table, yuck.

• Love 23

Let me say it again louder. JillRod is a VILE HUMAN BEING.

And will someone please teach JillRod how to spell? Even first graders know the difference between “loser” and “looser.”

And while I’m at it, will someone please disable the emoji function on her phone? She has no idea how to properly use them.

Thank you. Rant over… for now.

• Love 24

i did get a good laugh from someone in the comments asking her where she bought the different color shaving cream.....the first part of the video is her doing a play by play of sammers mixing the colors. he picks up blue food coloring and she has to say "looks like now he is going to make some blue...."  I wasn't sure whether to say thank you captain obvious or captain oblivious

• LOL 23

Hi come join the poison circus company! I am your boss babe Jillcatraz! Hiiii I love you to give me all your $ for poison drinky poo. Okay? Yay. 

My lumpy hunky requires 5,000 calories a day to be a fetching STUD MUFFIN! 

Plexus is a miracle! I’m still not pregnant even though I drink it every day! I need a miracle baby asap.

Bye for now I’m off to the GOOD Olive Garden on my SEVERELY injured KNEE. Pray for Jilldo Rodrigues and my HUNKY studly MAN.

4B914017-386F-49DD-8CCF-9CFE73CC9AB6.jpeg

• LOL 9
4 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

This society needs to learn how to spell. Also, Jill is once again oblivious to the hypocrisy of calling others “entitled.” 

Why would they appreciate a handmade table? It's not like they worked hard to earn the money to buy it.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Best Momma and family craft champion put in a lot of effort to grift that handmade table from her pastor. It's a shame she couldn't put down newspapers or scrap paper from the print shop to protect the surface. 

Or a Dollar Store plastic table coving. Shaving cream finger painting with preschoolers and early elementary kids is beneficial for many skills, but having a grown-ass woman and teenagers compete with them is unfair and asinine. 🤬 Even when JillRod does it right, she screws it up beyond repair.

• Love 20