Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Interesting. What is he doing for the air carrier?

I am glad he is working… however… I bet his entire paycheck goes directly to BME. 😢

Looks like he’s a dispatcher.

• Useful 6
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Tim is no longer working at the adult care center. He is now working for an air carrier.

This is interesting. I thought the airport job was just a part-time gig so he could get low-cost flying lessons. He had received some kind of promotion at the adult care center, according to Jill. I wonder how the salaries compare.

23 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Jill probably made him quit the adult care job because they mandated  Covid vaccines. Poor kid. 

Well, there is that. 

• Love 2

I could be wrong on my timeline, but I never remember anything about Tim working at the care home after he posted that horribly condescending thing he did. My assumption was that he was fired pretty promptly for it and never worked there long enough to be fired for not observing a vaccine mandate. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Only if I got a death wish 🤣

I am beyond scared to death of dying, and I can still come up with 100 other ways I would prefer to die than be in a plane with Timbits.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I could be wrong on my timeline, but I never remember anything about Tim working at the care home after he posted that horribly condescending thing he did. My assumption was that he was fired pretty promptly for it and never worked there long enough to be fired for not observing a vaccine mandate. 

I have wondered that very same thing.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

So Jill's assertion that he got a 'ton' of his education out of the way in those two years is also bullshit. 

Well considering that she considers SODRT to be sufficient to get through high school, she could believe that attending for a semester of college is a TON of school.   

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Do the other "graduates" of the Rodrigues Family Academy get a special overnight trip with a hotel stay? I'm not surprised Jill decided she needed to throw on her manly hat and hoodie and participate.

The only consistent party from the Rods that sticks in my mind is the Build-a-Bear birthday party for those turning 15 (boys and girls). The celebrant gets to have lunch at a mall and then sit in a store with unrelated young children and build a bear he or she will later give to Momma. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

A picture of the hotel bathroom? 😆😆😆

OK I gotta admit I took a picture of one hotel bathroom because it was as big as my living room. But I never posted it on social media; I didn't even show it to anyone in my real life.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

I don't think taking a picture of the hotel bathroom is a big deal if there is something really unusual about it that you want to document and remember. Same goes for the other parts of the hotel room. One time I stayed at a hotel where there was a hot tub in the main hotel room (this was up in Wisconsin Dells). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I’m thinking they stayed in the hotel because it’s property heated and has proper indoor plumbing… and room service 

Decent plumbing, heating, and electricity would be a luxury for the Rods, and I'm sure somebody else paid for this room and maybe the rest of the trip too as in, 

Phillip has studied soooo hard and learned soooo much in high school. David and I are soooo proud of him. I wish there was something we could do to celebrate Phillip's high school graduation. Does anyone have some suggestions for honoring this godly child and his proud parents? Phillip would loooove to visit the Football Hall of Fame, and David and I would loooove to go with him and stay overnight in a nice hotel. It's toooo bad we can't afford that right now even as David toils day and night in the print shop. Poooor Phillip. (Bats heavily mascaraed eyelashes.)

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

83A50A9C-D155-47CB-8F06-F0C152D808B9.jpeg

"Phillip's senior trip" was from Wooster to Canton, a distance of about 30 miles.  Might be a 45 minute drive in bad weather.  Why stay in a hotel at all?  Why not take the kid someplace farther away and save the HOF for a day trip?

BTW, there is freeway connecting the two towns, no city traffic anywhere in the vicinity.  Both towns are out in the sticks, surrounded by farmland for the most part, at least along the route between them.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 6
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe this hotel stay was a gift from Jill's church. It would be worth the donation to get rid of her for two days. 

Wonder if Jill bothered to leave any food for the kids at home? 

Hahahahahahahaha... snort... hahahahahahaha...

She doesn't leave any food for them WHEN she is home! She and GWE eat it all. That woman is despicable.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Did they take the girls on special senior trips, or is that reserved only for the boys?

Looking back on Instagram, it appears the girls got senior trips to Amish Country. This was before the Rods moved to Ohio, so I guess it was a different place to go? 

• Love 2
On 1/27/2022 at 11:30 AM, charmed1 said:

Jill wrote almost the same thing for Phillip or Sammer’s birthday a couple of years ago. Something like she and David gave the boy the choice to pick any of his friends to share his birthday with and he chose Sammers. As if they have any friends.

Hi, I'm Timothy Rodrigues's best friend was his maternal grandfather. I don't think these poor kids have anyone but family to choose from.