Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I really hope that when the baby starts to talk he refuses to call Jill "Mimi". I hope he calls her a name she doesn't particularly like. 

My husband is Italian, and he wanted our granddaughter to call him "Nonno".  He referred to himself as Nonno from day one.  We went to visit for her second birthday and when we walked in the door she yelled "Hi Poppa!" and that was that. 😄

Of course the difference is that my husband didn't mind at all.  I can see Jill getting all bent out of shape if that happens to her.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

JRod is on FB (shilling Plexus) telling people that 90-95% of serotonin is produced in the gut. That’s unequivocally not true.  Not only does she think that she’s a Bible scholar, preacher and the holiest person who ever lived, but she also thinks she’s a doctor.

Can she pronounce serotonin?

• LOL 12
51 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Laurie is one of those names (like Leslie and Beverly) which began as a boy's name, reached a peak of popularity in the Victorian era and then, during the 20th century, gradually morphed into a girl's name.

Hasn’t Laurie always just been a nickname for Laurence or Laura? I thought Lauren was the one that went from boy to girl. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Heathen said:

Warning to all: I'm a little cranky today so will be extra snarky. And I hate overused, misused words (literally, reveal, glowy, gush, and many more). 

You and me both. Glad we’re in good, snarky company!  

5 hours ago, Heathen said:

If Ewan McGregor and his partner Mary Elizabeth Winstead can have a son named Laurie, surely the Nurthans can have a son named Jill. Jillo Noyes Rodrigues Keller, coming October 2021. 

If David Waller can have a daughter named Davia, I fully expect a Rod grandson named Jillo!  Jilleth? Jileto?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

When I saw this post I thought JillR had gone all fancy and was naming her rooms like at a palace or castle, lol.

I bet she does.
Joyful noise is the bathroom.

Daddy’s happy place is the pantry.

Closet A is the boys room.

Closet B is the girls room.

Off limits is the kitchen.

• LOL 12
4 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

I think Nurie’s baby will be a junior. I don’t know Nathan’s full name but maybe they will call the baby Nate or Nat or by his middle name, but probably they will call him Junior.

According to Fundie Wiki, he's Nathan Edward. Nurie, Nathan, and baby Neddie would be kind of cute...

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Laurie is one of those names (like Leslie and Beverly) which began as a boy's name, reached a peak of popularity in the Victorian era and then, during the 20th century, gradually morphed into a girl's name.

I'm aware of that. However, Laurie is 99% a girl's name now, much like Stacey, Leslie, and Ashley. 

Topic: I can't see any fundie giving a boy a girl's name. Testosterone Rodrigues Keller. N'testosterone Rodrigues Keller. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

According to Fundie Wiki, he's Nathan Edward. Nurie, Nathan, and baby Neddie would be kind of cute...

My dog is named Ned.  He was a Game of Thrones pup at the rescue.  Everyone tells me they love that name.  Of course the kid won’t be named Ned.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I find the whole Rodrigues clan to be interesting, because aside from Jill, we really have no idea what any of the kids think or how they behave. Remember back when the Bates family would say things like "We love having Jana visit" or some other comment that indicated Jana was the one they really liked and everyone else was sort of tolerated? I wonder if the Keller clan feels that way about Nurie. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TrixieTrue said:

I find the whole Rodrigues clan to be interesting, because aside from Jill, we really have no idea what any of the kids think or how they behave. Remember back when the Bates family would say things like "We love having Jana visit" or some other comment that indicated Jana was the one they really liked and everyone else was sort of tolerated? I wonder if the Keller clan feels that way about Nurie. 

Unfortunately, I don’t think the kids are “allowed” to think. They think whatever BME tells them to think.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Unfortunately, I don’t think the kids are “allowed” to think. They think whatever BME tells them to think.

and yet some of them were caught cheating on home school tests as reported by Jill, so some of them had a thought. I'm sure that has been beaten or starved out of them this year. I suspect Phillip was one of them. no smile direct for him, no parasailing. He turned 18, no job mentioned and now he "wants to preach". Meanwhile he looks thinner and more gaunt in every pic.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

and yet some of them were caught cheating on home school tests as reported by Jill, so some of them had a thought. I'm sure that has been beaten or starved out of them this year. Jill. I suspect Phillip was one of them. no smile direct for him, no parasailing. He turned 18, no job mentioned and now he "wants to preach". Meanwhile he looks thinner and more gaunt in every pic.

The 2 children I’m most worried about are Phillip and Sadie.  They seem to be especially neglected.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Living Room autocorrected

And now I wonder why her phone has learned the word Newington . Is that a town nearby , some fundie preacher celeb I know nothing about ?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

My money is on Fred (or Frederick) Noyes Keller.  It’s Nathan’s grandfather‘s name.

The youngest Keller brother is already named David, so I don’t see them doing anything with that.  The name hasn’t been used before.  Jill and the Keller‘s never did a theme so I don’t think Nurie will either.

• Love 4