Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

JRod and offspring went live on FB last night at 10:10pm (when most children are in bed).  They went live to sing a Down On The Farm song, and it was a catastrophe.  You have to hear it to believe it. 🙉

I don’t think I made it to  30 seconds on that one! 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I watched it the whole way through and wow, so much to digest.

The older four girls would be gorgeous if they had proper styling and nutrition. The younger four are creepy as hell. The sallow skin, gaunt faces and dark circles under their eyes makes them look like mummified ghosts from a horror movie.

Everyone looked miserable and sounded awful.

Janessa kicking Tim's dog really pissed me off.

7 hours ago, katycat74 said:

Not to mention it was quite a homophobic song. I'm sure the littles didn't even know what the hell they were singing about The poor kids looked exhausted too.

Janessa is beginning to look like her siblings:  Very pale, thin, etc. We all knew it would happen when she stopped breast feeding.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I watched it the whole way through and wow, so much to digest.

The older four girls would be gorgeous if they had proper styling and nutrition. The younger four are creepy as hell. The sallow skin, gaunt faces and dark circles under their eyes makes them look like mummified ghosts from a horror movie.

Everyone looked miserable and sounded awful.

Janessa kicking Tim's dog really pissed me off.

She kicked the dog?  While they were doing the live??

Speaking of Jill’s live on FB, did any of you notice the breathy, high-pitched “Hi!” from all of the girls at the very beginning of the video?  Why do they talk that way?

• Love 4
On 5/1/2021 at 3:58 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

I saw that. It was about transgressions being hard.

Perils of skimming too quickly again...I read this post right after the one above it, and thought..."but there isn't even room for that!" (sorry, it's on the previous page...)

46 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She kicked the dog?  While they were doing the live??

Yeah, it was towards the end and it was intentional. The dog walked by, Janessa looked at it and kicked it. Makes me wonder who she learned it from.

Somehow I’m blocked from even finding Jill’s Facebook page.  I’m guessing I made a comment about them on the Fundie Wonderland page that she saw (there are thoughts that she joined that page under a fake name) or that somebody told her.  So her page doesn’t show up when I search.  I never followed her or commented on her page but somehow I’m blocked.  Same with The Transformed Wife.  Although I didn’t follow her, I did comment once disagreeing with her describing a major political figure as a good Christian, and I listed a bunch of examples of things he did that certainly weren’t Christian.  She blocked me from commenting then blocked me from even finding her page.  Probably a good thing though with TTW - the comments on her post, mostly from men, would just piss me off.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Yeah, it was towards the end and it was intentional. The dog walked by, Janessa looked at it and kicked it. Makes me wonder who she learned it from.

Little shit. 

• Love 8
(edited)
38 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Mommy and daddy would be my guess

Edited by iwantcookies
On 5/1/2021 at 12:48 PM, iwantcookies said:

E8AB6865-9317-4F72-80F5-1C3C034AC5E9.jpeg

941E297E-3FF7-4C30-BD4E-70E7C48F8854.jpeg

75CDBC84-FD3B-4261-AC40-C330CCF6035B.jpeg

More on the Walker family they are pictured with: 

“In addition to their music ministry, Kevin Walker started Cowboys Carnivals for Christ, a ministry dedicated to reaching children by setting up multiple inflatables for kids enjoyment.

Kevin Walker, who is known by children as Ranger Walker, has a puppet, named Gabby whom kids and adults alike enjoy seeing him and his antics.  Ranger Walker and Gabby have several CDs and DVDs out.

Roundup Ministries also has a unique ministry in the form of two animals, Champ the Smiling Trick Horse and Dixie Dawg.  Champ and Dixie perform a wide variety of tricks for adults and children.  You won’t be bored in a service with Champ and Dixie!”

they all also appear to love junk food, and the son loves guns and lists a restricted diet as one of his faves. 

9 hours ago, katycat74 said:

Not to mention it was quite a homophobic song. I'm sure the littles didn't even know what the hell they were singing about The poor kids looked exhausted too.

Which homophobic song?!

• Love 2

I watched Janessa kick the dog without listening to that mess.  That child was very frustrated, didn't want to be there, and I think she took it out on the dog.  The first time the dog walked by she tried to pet him but failed, probably because she was constrained on someone's lap.  She wanted to get down (she probably wished she could go to bed!)  I bet there is a lot of frustration and anger in that house--poor dog!

After reading those sickening lyrics, I went and watched the video. Horrendous. All I kept thinking was how anyone could sing that song, let alone let young children sing it. They have obviously have sang it plenty, since they all knew the words.

Those young girls look like death warmed over. I just keep hoping that someday Jill and David will get what's coming to them. DHS will catch them unprepared and those kids will get the help they need while the two fucking idiots they call mom and dad, will go to jail.

• Love 14
38 minutes ago, Madtown said:

After reading those sickening lyrics, I went and watched the video. Horrendous. All I kept thinking was how anyone could sing that song, let alone let young children sing it. They have obviously have sang it plenty, since they all knew the words.

Jill claimed it is the most requested song on the rod's grifting trips. they "always" sing it, yet she doesn't know what key to start in and they had to start over??

• Love 3
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I rewatched that shit show again just to see how hard Janessa kicked the dog.  If I had seen my child kick an animal like that, there would be fingerprints on that leg of hers, if you get my drift.  Janessa was mad at the dog because a few minutes earlier the dog wouldn’t let her rub him.  She deliberately meant to hurt that dog; I could see it on her face.  I also noticed some of the children trying to make the younger children behave (stop talking, look at the camera, etc.) Those kids have been trained like circus monkeys

Holy shit. It’s not even vailed homophobia. It’s so gross. And young kids singing this? How is that ok in Jill’s eyes, with not so subtle double entendre about sex and reproduction? I guess talking about sex is ok as long as you do it to shame the gays. What’s even grosser is there are adults who enjoy this song, yet will think Josh just needs to pray more and would welcome him back with open arms. Fuck all of that. 

• Love 23
20 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jill claimed it is the most requested song on the rod's grifting trips. they "always" sing it, yet she doesn't know what key to start in and they had to start over??

I was just thinking if these are the type of songs they sing at their church or any other church they invade? Just awful. If I ever saw her, I would bitch slap her and not even think twice about it. Put me in jail, it would be completely worth it!

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

Somehow I’m blocked from even finding Jill’s Facebook page.  I’m guessing I made a comment about them on the Fundie Wonderland page that she saw (there are thoughts that she joined that page under a fake name) or that somebody told her.  So her page doesn’t show up when I search.  I never followed her or commented on her page but somehow I’m blocked.  Same with The Transformed Wife.  Although I didn’t follow her, I did comment once disagreeing with her describing a major political figure as a good Christian, and I listed a bunch of examples of things he did that certainly weren’t Christian.  She blocked me from commenting then blocked me from even finding her page.  Probably a good thing though with TTW - the comments on her post, mostly from men, would just piss me off.

Jill’s FB page can be found by using this name:

David Jill Noyes Rodrigues 

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Fuck you JillR, Fuck you.

Amen and amen!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

JillR is the worst. The video was so phony too. The younger kids all looked bored or tired until the fake smiles while singing. Makes you wonder what JillR does to control them. Is Shrek not musically inclined? Is he the one filming?

• Love 4

Those Rod & Friends church-warbling videos give me such strong "Deliverance" vibes with a little "Children of the Corn" thrown in for good measure, I have to turn them off after a few seconds.  

But I still can't believe that song actually exists in the world, and that the entire family knows it by heart, and that they sang it at a church service.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Those Rod & Friends church-warbling videos give me such strong "Deliverance" vibes with a little "Children of the Corn" thrown in for good measure, I have to turn them off after a few seconds.  

But I still can't believe that song actually exists in the world, and that the entire family knows it by heart, and that they sang it at a church service.  

And it's the "most requested song..." *eye roll*

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, awaken said:

More on the Walker family they are pictured with: 

“In addition to their music ministry, Kevin Walker started Cowboys Carnivals for Christ, a ministry dedicated to reaching children by setting up multiple inflatables for kids enjoyment.

Kevin Walker, who is known by children as Ranger Walker, has a puppet, named Gabby whom kids and adults alike enjoy seeing him and his antics.  Ranger Walker and Gabby have several CDs and DVDs out.

Roundup Ministries also has a unique ministry in the form of two animals, Champ the Smiling Trick Horse and Dixie Dawg.  Champ and Dixie perform a wide variety of tricks for adults and children.  You won’t be bored in a service with Champ and Dixie!”

they all also appear to love junk food, and the son loves guns and lists a restricted diet as one of his faves. 

Which homophobic song?!

Reading about Ranger Walker, his inflatables, and his puppet gives me the creeps, frankly. They take me back to the carnival and circus acts of my childhood in the Midwest. Anyway, I hope Champ the Smiling Trick Horse and Dixie Dawg are treated well. After all, according to the Walkers' website, Champ is a smart little horse who has saved many people (from damnation).

How a horse has saved so many souls isn't clear, especially since Jill and David, as humans, don't seem very successful at it. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

How a horse has saved so many souls isn't clear, especially since Jill and David, as humans, don't seem very successful at it. 

Sure they are, in their own minds, because they count every “please fuck off” as a soul saved. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Sure they are, in their own minds, because they count every “please fuck off” as a soul saved. 

when I think of them handing out the tracts to random people I always think of those folks in Vegas handing out their... um.. little cards of info, then for the next block it is all those cards on the sidewalk and in the gutter

• LOL 8
8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

when I think of them handing out the tracts to random people I always think of those folks in Vegas handing out their... um.. little cards of info, then for the next block it is all those cards on the sidewalk and in the gutter

The first time I went to Vegas as an adult I was so shocked to see that! And I would see people (usually men) who are with their wives or families take one not knowing what they are look at it and drop it to the ground. They even had women handing them out, probably a lot of people down on their luck needing the cash. 

The last time I was out there maybe about 7 or 8 years ago, I didn't really notice those people out there handing them out. 

6 hours ago, Madtown said:

I was just thinking if these are the type of songs they sing at their church or any other church they invade? Just awful. If I ever saw her, I would bitch slap her and not even think twice about it. Put me in jail, it would be completely worth it!

You and me both! 

• Love 2

This! This! This is what gave me a crisis of faith in my 20s that has lasted to this day. That the Jill Rods of the world think that the frikken' son of God's house is a place to fill with stupid homophobic shit like this. Mercy. Charity. Kindness. Feed the hungry. Tell the pharasees to take a hike when they're getting ready to stone someone. Be a good samaritan to everybody. This is what it's supposed to be about but F-ing Jill Rod and her ilk shrieking vile songs control the discourse of what it means to be christian in North America. It makes me frikken sick. 

• Love 23

I am neither young nor naive but I honestly had no idea that there are actual homophobic “church” songs. And that songs like this are requested? If anyone is full of hate, it’s Jill R. She is a vile, nasty excuse for a human being. Those Kellers really hitched their wagon to some stellar Christian families.

• Love 17
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill’s FB page can be found by using this name:

David Jill Noyes Rodrigues 

Amen and amen!

Can’t get to it at all, even that way.  She has me completely blocked.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

Can’t get to it at all, even that way.  She has me completely blocked.

Me,too.I used to be on her friend's list,and even though I never commented,she removed me. I think it was around the time Tim started school.

Anyway,I created another name just for the blockers,so I can switch names and see them.I can see Jill on that name.It's still my real name,I just switched it up a little

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

They have cracked down on that.  I don't go to the Strip often, certainly not in the past year, but there are definitely not as many "flickers" as there used to be. The unemployment rate was so low before Covid that there were better jobs to be found.  Also, while prostitution is legal in Nevada, it is not legal in Clark County (Vegas), or Washoe County (Reno), so they were advertising illegal services. 

I would love to see Jill and the rest of the family on the Strip or even better, Fremont Street.  Her head would explode!😁

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

In reviewing the lyrics of that song, is it just me or does it suggest that men would be happier without women but need them for procreation so they put up with them? Such a "truth that needs to be told". 🙄

I am not blocked on FB.  I watched.  I need to talk to a therapist about self harm.  Seriously.  WTAF was that?  What makes them think they should perform?  And why do they think having the children caterwaul is endearing? 

Adding "you won't find two roosters walking arm in arm" because they don't have arms!

• LOL 13
  • Love 10