Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

That is super lame. Her mom doesn’t rate her own message, just a mention when Jill is mass addressing random moms on social media. That seems like a big F U and total after thought.

It’s selfish and rude, but maybe Jill’s mom is not on SM.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I'm also confused. It looked like Easter decorations, but we're a month out from Easter. And it looks like one of the balloons says "Mother" on it like it's a Mother's Day balloon. Maybe they didn't take down the decorations in the church basement.

Nurie's wearing a corsage in the Nathan photos, which I assumed was on actual Mother's Day since she looks more pregnant there than in the Mrs. K photo.

some with more experience with extreme fundie churches can possibly answer this - do they observe the weeks after Easter until Pentecost? The evangelical church I worked for did and left easter decor up until then. The first sunday after Easter/Resurrection sunday, etc until Pentecost. Which is May 23rd this year.

I have no idea on the Keller church beliefs on that.

but I am really thinking they did a super early baby shower without Jilly and the Rod family circus

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

some with more experience with extreme fundie churches can possibly answer this - do they observe the weeks after Easter until Pentecost? The evangelical church I worked for did and left easter decor up until then. The first sunday after Easter/Resurrection sunday, etc until Pentecost. Which is May 23rd this year.

but I am really thinking they did a super early baby shower without Jilly and the Rod family circus

Hope so.At least they got some peace without Jill there,if so

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Ouch. Jilly will have to decide if the Keller church should do a second shower with the Rods in attendance, or if she should make Nurthan come to Ohio for a shower there. Both?  

Jill is eagerly awaiting a new addition to the barndo, and she has a list of furniture and decor Barndo Jr. will need. 

• LOL 7
57 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

It's all about MEEEEEE!!!! Now make yourself useful children and give me prezzies. Also, once again, no fucks given to other family members like her sisters or her mom.

Now, now.  Jill is very generous with her kids.  Remember the Easter egg hunt?  One of the kids got a hollow chocolate rabbit of her very own!  I'm sure the others got to watch her eat it, too.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Now, now.  Jill is very generous with her kids.  Remember the Easter egg hunt?  One of the kids got a hollow chocolate rabbit of her very own!  I'm sure the others got to watch her eat it, too.

Lucky Janessa won the bunny 

(edited)
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

This infuriates me. I had 5 kids and some years we really struggled, but my kids all got the same amount of treats. The only unevenness was hunting eggs, but that's because we'd get 5 dozen at Costco, so each kid got a dozen to color, and we hid them. The bigger kids found more, but nobody cared b/c everyone could have all the hard boiled eggs they wanted.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, Nysha said:

This infuriates me. I had 5 kids and some years we really struggled, but my kids all got the same amount of treats. The only unevenness was hunting eggs, but that's because we'd get 5 dozen at Costco, so each kid got a dozen to color, and we hid them. The bigger kids found more, but nobody cared b/c everyone could have all the hard boiled eggs they wanted.

Same. Some years for us were rough, but I always made sure my kids did not suffer. And they got the same amount of treats. I can't even imagine giving one treats or a present, and not the other. That is just so mean. 

• Love 19
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

Same. Some years for us were rough, but I always made sure my kids did not suffer. And they got the same amount of treats. I can't even imagine giving one treats or a present, and not the other. That is just so mean. 

Me,too.Add to that the Rods just got a big stimulus check,and they could've easily afforded a $1 treat for each child.Even one for the older ones,too

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Me,too.Add to that the Rods just got a big stimulus check,and they could've easily afforded a $1 treat for each child.Even one for the older ones,too

That would have cut into greatest mama ever's meeeeee budged. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Nysha said:

But, did your kids have a beautiful new grandfather clock to admire purchased for the living area that isn't even built yet?  I am sure Jill's kids told her they didn't want any Easter candy, it was sweet enough just seeing the World's Best Momma have a clock for a room that didn't exist.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

That would have cut into greatest mama ever's meeeeee budged. 

Yes,I know how Jill is,my mom was just like her,in regards to money.I had to get a job in high school,just to buy clothes and basic necessities.She was a stingy tightwad,just like Jill.And she even worked and got her own paycheck at her parts supervisor job,while my dad was an electrical engineer,yet they never had any money.LOL

• Love 1
1 hour ago, louannems said:

I hate the fact that Jill's barndo is stuffed full of all her ugly knickknacks, and her closet is stuffed full of all her gifted stuffed animals.  But there is no evidence anywhere that 13(!!!) kids have lived in any of Jill's houses.  No toys!

When I had little kids, I didn't have much in the way of decorations because there were toys everywhere.

My son is an adult but I have a cat and his toys are all over the house! 

• LOL 22
48 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

My son is an adult but I have a cat and his toys are all over the house! 

There is more evidence of my mother's dog here than that Jill has children in the house.  I should motivate myself to go pick up at least some of his stuff and replace the pillows he's thrown around.  I can only understand Jill as she relates to my deceased MIL.  She would go shopping for a birthday present for someone and spend 5 times as much on herself.   She did at least buy presents for people.

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Who is/was the disconnected head behind Jill? Every Rod family photo has a least one Victorian ghost child. 

and why does she have a backpack hanging by her bed??

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, crazy8s said:

and why does she have a backpack hanging by her bed??

Maybe it's Shrek's for the times he's in a hurry to escape the love nest. 

As for gifts, do we know what Jill and Shrek gave Nurie and Nathan as a wedding gift? They paid for the wedding, but it was very low budget, the major expense being Jill's and the older daughters' new dresses. Even if they couldn't afford a big gift, a handmade quilt would have been nice. Maybe something sentimental like a couple of Jill's Willow Tree figures or a selection from the stuffed Teddy Bear shelf. There's also the water heater flammable decoration collection. 

Or probably nothing but the promise that the RV of Rods will descend on Nurthan's house for a month of babysitting and free restaurant meals. 

• Love 2

Jill’s kids are buying her tons of gifts yet she won’t even buy them shoes. Someone from a church on their last Feed My Starving Children tour had to buy them. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, EVS said:

Jill’s kids are buying her tons of gifts yet she won’t even buy them shoes. Someone from a church on their last Feed My Starving Children tour had to buy them. 

Took the girls out for manis, too. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

It really cracks me up that it seems she wants to appear "moneyed" too.   She tries to name drop restaurants and brands (the good Olive Garden, Willow Tree).  She brags about everything new in her barndo (Hobb Lobb).  "Vacations" to a Hotel Motel overlooking a parking lot.  There is nothing wrong with any of these things.  But a Kardashian she ain't. 

She also ain't earning the money for those things, which is what burns me the most. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

Jill is so perplexing.  If she believes dressing modestly makes you a better Christian, than wouldn't being modest in your behaviors and actions apply too?  She is one of the biggest braggarts I've ever seen.  Is it Godly to show off your worldly possessions?  The admiration of your children?  Come on now, we all know that Kaylee didn't write that ode to Bestest Mother Evahhhh, but say she had.  Wouldn't a good Christian Momma advise their daughter that her kind words would be better delivered via a private message in a card instead of slapped on social media for all to see?  Not Jill!!

It really cracks me up that it seems she wants to appear "moneyed" too.   She tries to name drop restaurants and brands (the good Olive Garden, Willow Tree).  She brags about everything new in her barndo (Hobb Lobb).  "Vacations" to a Hotel Motel overlooking a parking lot.  There is nothing wrong with any of these things.  But a Kardashian she ain't. 

I truly believe that, in her mind, JRod thinks she’s famous.  That’s how delusional she is.  She’s posted a bunch of videos on FB of Phillip preaching Sunday night.  WTH does she think that anyone wants to listen to him?  Because she’s famous!  That’s why her entire life is posted on SM.  She thinks that everyone is interested in her because she’s so special and popular.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think Jill justifies her bragging by seeing herself as a prime example of leading a godly life. All of her social media posts are about showing the heathens how living according to the correct version of the Bible means you are so #blessed. Except for the days when she wants to proclaim how #persecuted she is by the same heathens. 

So I guess we can blame her social media addiction on the heathens too.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

Too bad she didn’t birth identical quads and then triplets. She could have been on TLC. 

Godly MAMA (and HUNKY dad) and 20 children coming to TLC summer 2022.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Normades said:

She also ain't earning the money for those things, which is what burns me the most. 

RIGHT?! Ok I’m taking it to small talk before I get in trooooouble! Sorry, Mods!

3 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

Jill is so perplexing.  If she believes dressing modestly makes you a better Christian, than wouldn't being modest in your behaviors and actions apply too?  She is one of the biggest braggarts I've ever seen.  Is it Godly to show off your worldly possessions?  The admiration of your children?  Come on now, we all know that Kaylee didn't write that ode to Bestest Mother Evahhhh, but say she had.  Wouldn't a good Christian Momma advise their daughter that her kind words would be better delivered via a private message in a card instead of slapped on social media for all to see?  Not Jill!!

She’s just like the Duggars. Neither realize that “modest” refers to more than just appearance. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I truly believe that, in her mind, JRod thinks she’s famous.  That’s how delusional she is.  She’s posted a bunch of videos on FB of Phillip preaching Sunday night.  WTH does she think that anyone wants to listen to him?  Because she’s famous!  That’s why her entire life is posted on SM.  She thinks that everyone is interested in her because she’s so special and popular.

Right.She's trying to get what the popular girls in school got,as she didn't go to school.Ppl like Jill will always find a way to get attention.

If she weren't fundie,I'd see Jill as being a cheerleader in HS,and trying to date all the football players

4 hours ago, Normades said:

Yes,and then she brags about spending other ppl's money

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Yes,and then she brags about spending other ppl's money

but she would justify it as "we prayed for shoes", food, half a cow, barndo improvements and God placed it on so and so person's heart to provide

The church I used to work for - the pastor, his wife and 2 boys got free hair cuts,dye jobs etc for going on 22 yrs now because they convinced a sucker god placed it on her heart to give back as a service to God