Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Does anyone know what the situation is with Lawson Bates and Tiffany (or is it Tiffy) - are they living together? They appear to travel all over, just the 2 of them, proclaim their love for each other on Instagram. They stand very close, their bodies touch, but I haven’t seen them kiss in videos or pics. And Lawson is almost always talking/gazing into the camera; he doesn’t much look at her. But they’re together so much. Anyone watch the Bates show? Is Tiffy on it?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Tiffany hasn't appeared on the Bateses' show yet, but they're only at the holidays. On the show, Nathan just brought home Esther to meet the family, so it may be a while before they introduce Tiffany. Maybe season finale?

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Gil is so desperate to get the boys married off, he's letting them do whatever they want. Courtship rules have gone by the wayside.

Until another girl enters a courtship. 

• Love 7

By the time Josie was courting most Bates' rules were gone. They still encouraged accountability partners, and obviously no kind of sexual contact, but I believe kissing was even okay, once they were engaged.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

By the time Josie was courting most Bates' rules were gone. They still encouraged accountability partners, and obviously no kind of sexual contact, but I believe kissing was even okay, once they were engaged.

Wow, I didn't realize that.   Usually they show the dads essentially beating their chests like a gorilla whle standing over the daughters about to enter a courtship or currently courting.      

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

Wow, I didn't realize that.   Usually they show the dads essentially beating their chests like a gorilla whle standing over the daughters about to enter a courtship or currently courting.      

Don’t forget the purity rings daddy gives them during a ceremony 

(unless I’m losing my memory)

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 3

But look at Katie’s courtship, she couldn’t even touch Travis for their engagement pictures. Unless that was solely because of the Clarks. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Josie's the one who had her arse grabbed in front of everyone.I wonder how the Bates felt about that

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Josie's the one who had her arse grabbed in front of everyone.I wonder how the Bates felt about that

I think that was Kelton’s FU to Gil for not allowing him to talk to Josie when she was 14. I wonder if Josie felt uncomfortable. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Just looked at Sierra Jo Dominguez IG, and she sure does look pregnant IMO.  She also looks like she’s 45-years-old.  If someone doesn’t mind posting the picture (because I’m tech stupid), tell me what you think. (She’s wearing a pink and bright red-orange jumpsuit, if you’re wondering which pic I’m referring to.)

Edited by farmgal4
I had one too many “pregnant”.
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Just looked at Sierra Jo Dominguez IG, and she sure does look pregnant pregnant IMO.  She also looks like she’s 45-years-old.  If someone doesn’t mind posting the picture (because I’m tech stupid), tell me what you think. (She’s wearing a pink and bright red-orange jumpsuit, if you’re wondering which pic I’m referring to.)

agree. i dont know how to post it tho. 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Just looked at Sierra Jo Dominguez IG, and she sure does look pregnant pregnant IMO.  She also looks like she’s 45-years-old.  If someone doesn’t mind posting the picture (because I’m tech stupid), tell me what you think. (She’s wearing a pink and bright red-orange jumpsuit, if you’re wondering which pic I’m referring to.)

Here you go! Looks like she's doing that thing I hate where she's using multiple photos to make one big one on the grid, but since I never look at someone's grid, you just get weird pieces of photos in your feed.

IMG_3827.jpg

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Here you go! Looks like she's doing that thing I hate where she's using multiple photos to make one big one on the grid, but since I never look at someone's grid, you just get weird pieces of photos in your feed.

IMG_3827.jpg

Wow.  That "outfit" is hideous!  It's like someone who dislikes her made it with the intent of showcasing as many flaws as possible.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not so sure. Carlin and Evan didn't kiss until their wedding day. 

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

IMG_3827.jpg

That hair!!!

She looks like a flight attendant on Muppet Airlines, circa 1971.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

IMG_3827.jpg

You know in Forrest Gump when Jenni is coked out and standing on the ledge? Minus the weight that is exactly who she looks like.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Agree.Although she doesn't look pregnant on her ig stories

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, awaken said:

Now she’s doing pottery?  What happened to fundie wedding planning and chocolate dipped strawberries? 

You missed gardening and home remodeling. She has a new hobby like every week. 🙄

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

IMG_3827.jpg

Thank you!

8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm not so sure. Carlin and Evan didn't kiss until their wedding day. 

I may be wrong, but I believe Carlin and Evan said in a recent Q & A IG Story, they kissed prior to the wedding ceremony.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I may be wrong, but I believe Carlin and Evan said in a recent Q & A IG Story, they kissed prior to the wedding ceremony.

That was Alyssa and John, Carlin claims their first kiss was at their wedding.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, SMama said:

That was Alyssa and John, Carlin claims their first kiss was at their wedding.

I still could be mistaken about Carlin, but I've never seen a Q & A with Alyssa & John.

On another note, Tori, Josie and Whitney are all due to deliver next month. It'll be Tori's 3rd child, a girl, and her second pandemic baby. Josie's 2nd child, also a girl and Whitney's 4th child, a boy.

It'll be 18 grandchildren for the Bates, with the Duggars at 20 and expecting two more.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Jill had been doing “make your life count minute with Jill” videos.

She has renamed it for the most recent one, typo is Jill’s:

Make Youe Life Count Ministry with Jill 

The tile of this one, “Marriage love story (Pt. 1) - Episode 63 of Make Youe Life Count Ministry with Jill 😁”.

Screenshot from video:

356F7F3F-46AB-44E6-AB8D-0B7F2626D3A2.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I still could be mistaken about Carlin, but I've never seen a Q & A with Alyssa & John.

I saw a Q&A with Josie and Kelton - they said they kissed before their wedding 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

On another note, Tori, Josie and Whitney are all due to deliver next month. It'll be Tori's 3rd child, a girl, and her second pandemic baby. Josie's 2nd child, also a girl and Whitney's 4th child, a boy.

It'll be 18 grandchildren for the Bates, with the Duggars at 20 and expecting two more.

Have I become the Rip Van Winkle of Covid?   I'm not exactly top of the class on math and biology, but is that actually possible?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Tikichick said:

Have I become the Rip Van Winkle of Covid?   I'm not exactly top of the class on math and biology, but is that actually possible?

Her second kid was born late March 2020.

• Useful 3
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Her second kid was born late March 2020.

Ah, I get it.   Seems like they're setting themselves up for failure, or at least some seriously challenging years ahead with so many very young children. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Wow.  That "outfit" is hideous!  It's like someone who dislikes her made it with the intent of showcasing as many flaws as possible.

It looks like what I imagine a 1960's Denny's waitress would wear.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Ah, I get it.   Seems like they're setting themselves up for failure, or at least some seriously challenging years ahead with so many very young children. 

Yup, three kids under three, just like Kendra.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Jill had been doing “make your life count minute with Jill” videos.

She has renamed it for the most recent one, typo is Jill’s:

Make Youe Life Count Ministry with Jill 

The tile of this one, “Marriage love story (Pt. 1) - Episode 63 of Make Youe Life Count Ministry with Jill 😁”.

Screenshot from video:

356F7F3F-46AB-44E6-AB8D-0B7F2626D3A2.jpeg

Looking very sluttish. I hope she is doing her sermons from the bathroom ! 

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Looking very sad and depressed. I just want to feed them and give them a hug.

E6EF03EC-43BF-4FCD-94E3-9EF739CCAA63.jpeg

They need good food, a consistent bedtime to ensure a good night's sleep. They need to play, they need to learn...... 

• Love 10

And what if one or more of the Rod kids are naturally shy and scared to stand in front of a group of strangers and sing?  I only have two kids but one was like that, so we never forced her up to the front of the church for the children's sermon.  These kids don't have a choice, and they probably also don't have a set of loving arms to run into if they get scared staring out at a bunch of leering, unfamiliar faces.

Hopefully it's not a case of mommy telling them that if they sing loud and don't cry, they will get fed.  That's where my mind goes, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Hopefully it's not a case of mommy telling them that if they sing loud and don't cry, they will get fed.  That's where my mind goes, unfortunately.

I don't think she'd even offer food as an incentive. I think it would more likely be "Anybody who cries or refuses to sing will get the whipping of their life when I get you home".

• Useful 1
Just now, Albanyguy said:

I don't think she'd even offer food as an incentive. I think it would more likely be "Anybody who cries or refuses to sing will get the whipping of their life when I get you home".

Or is going to hell. 

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

There are 2 Duggars expecting?  Jessa and ????

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I can hear bestmamaever saying, “If you don’t sing, that means you don’t love Jeeesus, so you’ll go to Hell all by yourself, because all of your brothers and sisters love Jeeesus, and they’ll be in Heaven.”  I think that bitch is twisted enough to say those words.

2 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Anna is expecting her 7th this fall.

Thank you.  Don’t know how I could have forgotten that.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Kaylee and Renee gave Jill a standing mixer (not a KitchenAid) for Mother's Day. So, what did Jill make? 

Whipped cream. 🙄

All for her and hunky hubby

• Love 3

How did Kaylee and Renee come up with $90 to buy that mixer? Is the lopsided earring business on Etsy doing that well?

And other than for making whipped cream to smear all over the Hulk, why does Jill need a kitchen appliance anyway? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What era would y'all place this picture in?

image.png.e1e804740a53f7a51477c3b719b32f8d.png

If this weren't a fundie snark forum, I'd probably say early 1980s. But since it's fundies, 2000s? Is that Bateseseses? 

• Love 4