Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
30 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

THIS! For me, white nail polish = liquid paper.

I'm sorry, I thinks it's ugly.

It is ugly. Why bother if your nails look like that? 

Topic: Does BB Bates have a job or is he a slacker like his brother Lawson?

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Strangely enough, Ashley still follows most of the Bateses on SM. I've seen her like posts. 

Maybe she's holding out for Lawson. 

• LOL 4

Is there a pilot in the Bates family?  The mom and dad have been flying back and forth to Florida for Alyissa!

Never used to hear from her but now she’s pretty active on YouTube with a video every week!

Money must be good!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

She looks like she did her nails with Wite-Out. 

I was trying to be nice but I am not a fan of those nails at all.  

Also I had to laugh at the video Carlin posted.  Esther had just walked by a bunch of balloons that said “Marry Me”.  Yet she still did the shocked hand over the mouth pose when he got down on one knee.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I was trying to be nice but I am not a fan of those nails at all.  

Also I had to laugh at the video Carlin posted.  Esther had just walked by a bunch of balloons that said “Marry Me”.  Yet she still did the shocked hand over the mouth pose when he got down on one knee.

Also giant letters that look like they light up!  

C736E77C-8148-479F-B914-92CE9001A059.jpeg

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It appears to have been a sunset affair. I guess they mistimed it by about 10 minutes.

Haha the late Bates were early!  They should’ve turned them on anyway. 

Now I’m wondering about the glasses of water that are near their feet. 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Cowboy boots?  In Florida?  In the summer?

I’m not even going to try to guess what that weird lumpy wrinkle on his pants just below the jacket is...🤷🏼‍♀️

Pocket I think. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think those are glasses with floating candles!!

Boy he has a huge butt and she’s wearing nasty, big old sandles!

She can't wear heels or she'll be taller than him. All the Bates men are SEVERELY vertically challenged. Nathan is 5'7", tops.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I keep trying to pinpoint what his suit reminds me of, and I finally figured it out. His getup looks like something Pappy O'Daniel would wear while campaigning in O Brother Where Art Thou

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I thought of Used Cars. 😃

usedcars-01.jpg

He's gonna sell you some used cars and some biscuit flour and ask for your vote all at the same time! 🤣

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Enya Face said:

He got a big ole dookie bootie!!!!!!

Nathan seems like the type who would shame his wife if she got a big booty!

He looks like he's gonna squish her when they have sex.She looks so tiny compared to him

• LOL 8
12 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Cowboy boots?  In Florida?  In the summer?

You'd be surprised at the number of people who wear cowboy boots in Florida all year round. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, sondraK said:

Nathan seems like the type who would shame his wife if she got a big booty!

He looks like he's gonna squish her when they have sex.She looks so tiny compared to him

Nathan doesnt look bad to me, he looks like a "husky" guy. Now some husky guys tend to gain weight in the lower half of their body (hips, buttocks, thighs) like women do, compared to the top half (across the chest/belly).

For men that gain weight in the lower half, that can be easily camouflaged with their clothing choices. But I think because men are not body shamed the way women are, unless he is really into fashion he isnt going to be taught those optical illusions with clothes. Also plus size women have more clothing options than plus size men (because women are supposed to spend more effort on their appearance).

I think his suit wasnt the best choice, but it was also a size too small. One size bigger would've made all the difference. 

I have noticed lots of big men love tiny women, and tiny men love bigger women....

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Nathan doesnt look bad to me, he looks like a "husky" guy. Now some husky guys tend to gain weight in the lower half of their body (hips, buttocks, thighs) like women do, compared to the top half (across the chest/belly).

For men that gain weight in the lower half, that can be easily camouflaged with their clothing choices. But I think because men are not body shamed the way women are, unless he is really into fashion he isnt going to be taught those optical illusions with clothes. Also plus size women have more clothing options than plus size men (because women are supposed to spend more effort on their appearance).

I think his suit wasnt the best choice, but it was also a size too small. One size bigger would've made all the difference. 

I have noticed lots of big men love tiny women, and tiny men love bigger women....

I knew a couple of really nice looking guys that were bottom heavy. I agree that it all comes down to the clothes they wear but men don't have as many options as women. 

• Love 5

I'm not going to give him shit for being heavy because I'm overweight myself, but I think the suit was a poor choice for his build. I'm not good at fashion. I'm quite clueless about it really, but even I could tell the suit was way too small for him because of the way it was bunching up in the back and the pattern also draws more attention to his size. 

• Love 15

My late husband wore that suit to his high school graduation in 1973. He tried to wear it out to dinner when we were first dating in 1983 and I made him change.  Checkered pants do nobody any favors, especially if you're heavy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Zak and Gil both have heavier, huskier builds.  Like wrestlers or rugby players.  My brother has a similar build and excelled in both of those sports.  The fit of Nathan's suit and photo angles did him no favors.  

• Love 10

Esther overdid the home tanning spray on her legs, and the manicure is odd. At least, she marked the ring finger in case Nathan got nervous during the "surprise."

I wonder what they will think when they look at those photos fifteen years from now. That suit won't age well, especially in the angles in those shots. 

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, beagletime said:

Zak and Gil both have heavier, huskier builds.  Like wrestlers or rugby players.  My brother has a similar build and excelled in both of those sports.  The fit of Nathan's suit and photo angles did him no favors.  

Oh totally! Mr. Face is totally a husky fellow, he used to body build some years back and I teased him that he looked like Stewie Griffin when he was doing steroids! 🤣

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Normades said:

You'd be surprised at the number of people who wear cowboy boots in Florida all year round. 

Oh I am sure they do.  I just can’t fathom it.  I live in Las Vegas and it’s flip flops year round here.  I don’t understand that in the cooler months either.  
As @Snow Fairy pointed out, they are dressed for 2 different seasons.  Maybe he likes the boots because they give him a little extra height.

And I agree with everyone who said he needed to go up a size with the suit.  It just baffles me that people don’t realize that squishing into too tight clothes actually makes you look bigger.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

BC46C6CA-7CAF-41CD-8169-193A16612ABA.jpeg

The decorations are going to be super tacky 😁

A baby shower shes throwing that will become all about HER. I'm sure she told them they were going to do the gender reveal with her.

• Love 19