Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, sondraK said:

They both look thin,imo.I wonder if any of the kids sneak food,if there is any to sneak.Even Jill Duggar did that,when the show had a full pantry

Didn't one of the photos of the Rod's pantry show that is full of cleaning supplies, not food? 

No food to sneak, I think 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Triple P said:

Didn't one of the photos of the Rod's pantry show that is full of cleaning supplies, not food? 

Reminds me of a nursery rhyme.

Old Mother Hubbard, went to the cupboard, to fetch her poor dog a bone, And when she went there, the cupboard was bare, and so the poor dog had none.

Rod kids have none

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 1

I thought the Duggars were awful. Then last night I stumbled upon Welcome to Plathville. Has anyone watched this show?? Holy Mother of God, they make the Duggars look accepting and easy going. At least the Duggars have some friends and aren't shunning the entire world (just large portions of it). And the Duggars consume sugar and a little soda now and then. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I thought the Duggars were awful. Then last night I stumbled upon Welcome to Plathville. Has anyone watched this show?? Holy Mother of God, they make the Duggars look accepting and easy going. At least the Duggars have some friends and aren't shunning the entire world (just large portions of it). And the Duggars consume sugar and a little soda now and then. 

Bless your heart I laughed and laughed at that comment. Duggar’s eat nothing but junk food 24/7. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

They have their own thread on the forum. I actually think the Duggars and Plaths are very similar. Part of it is that TLC shows the Duggars only in a positive light and the Plaths are on television to fight with each other. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I just stumbled upon the fact that Jill just turned 42, making her only two months older than me. I am not normally one to judge women for their looks as they age, but I honestly thought she was ten years older than she is. It’s got to be the make-up and hair, right? I feel like if she toned it all down, she would look her age.

Edited by truebluesmoky
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, sondraK said:
5 hours ago, Triple P said:

Reminds me of a nursery rhyme.

Old Mother Hubbard, went to the cupboard, to fetch her poor dog a bone, And when she went there, the cupboard was bare, and so the poor dog had none.

Rod kids have none

Or the old lady in the shoe:

There was an old lady who lived in a shoe, she had so many children she didn't know what to do.
So she fed them some broth without any bread, then whipped them all soundly and sent them to bed.

I can seriously see Jill as the old lady

23 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

I just stumbled upon the fact that Jill just turned 42, making her only two months older than me. I am not normally one to judge women for their looks as they age, but I honestly thought she was ten years older than she is. It’s got to be the make-up and hair, right? I feel like if she toned it all down, she would look her age.

There’s a YouTube video of her doing her hair and makeup.  She starts out with fresh-out-of-the-shower hair and face.  I swear to you, she easily looked 10 years younger.  In fact, she looked very pretty IMO.  By the end of the video, she looks ready to go stand on the street corner to turn tricks.  The difference is astounding.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I want to know where Jill finds this stuff. She's all about the conspiracy theories. 

There must be a special place for people who think like JillR which we don’t know about cos we’re heathens. I guess she’s never been on a plane, I would not call that air Gods clean air.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

Or the old lady in the shoe:

There was an old lady who lived in a shoe, she had so many children she didn't know what to do.
So she fed them some broth without any bread, then whipped them all soundly and sent them to bed.

I can seriously see Jill as the old lady

For sure

38 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

But isn't that stuff reported as being false? 

Facebook will have a disclaimer for articles and block links to other sites, but someone can copy and paste the message as their own post and that is allowed.   So many of those posts I see from my less educated acquaintances is a regular post that is obviously copy and paste.  Where they are copying it from, I have no idea.  They can also share another wall of text from their friends.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 11/3/2020 at 1:01 PM, SMama said:

I understand head bowing, just not the full down on the floor part. I was raised SDA and spent a lot of time bowing my head in prayer. Yes, I know they would not like that comparison. 😈

I think I remember a picture of the entire Duggar family "praying in the New Year" in that same weird position.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

This is sad.  Poor little thing is dressing herself in worn out socks and unsuitable sandals.  This not cute or funny.  This is neglect, not looking after this child’s basic needs.  She does not deserve to have either of those two for parents.  I can’t even bring myself to type their names.  And if the older girls haven’t noticed it would be because this was how they were left to dress themselves and think it is normal.

Feed and dress your children properly.  All of them.

On 11/4/2020 at 6:49 AM, doodlebug said:

The first thing I thought of when I saw these photos was the old 'duck and cover' drills in grade school in the early 60's when they tried to tell us that huddling under our desks would keep us safe when the Russkies dropped the big one.

Ha. You and I are clearly of an era. The creepily cheery “Drop and cover” song still lives in my brain. Even as an eight-year-old I remember rolling my eyes over the whole idea. (Yes I was a very early eye roller...surprising no one here I’m sure!)

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, LavendarRose said:

This is sad.  Poor little thing is dressing herself in worn out socks and unsuitable sandals.  This not cute or funny.  This is neglect, not looking after this child’s basic needs.  She does not deserve to have either of those two for parents.  I can’t even bring myself to type their names.  And if the older girls haven’t noticed it would be because this was how they were left to dress themselves and think it is normal.

How many times has Jrod posted pictures of the other girls wearing summer footwear in winter or other seasonally inappropriate clothing? (Too many to count.)

I nearly guffawed at the portion of the caption about teaching Sofia about seasonally appropriate footwear.

Also if they are such great homemakers, why isn't Jrod darning the holey stockings?

Edited by Triple P
Added a thought
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, LavendarRose said:

Sophia is the child who had her skirt on backwards while playing miniature golf and was using her putter like a baseball bat and not one person cared enough to help her or fix her skirt.  Jill wouldn’t lay down her phone if her hair was on fire.  Gotta keep making those videos!! 😒

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Sophia is the child who had her skirt on backwards while playing miniature golf and was using her putter like a baseball bat and not one person cared enough to help her or fix her skirt.  Jill wouldn’t lay down her phone if her hair was on fire.  Gotta keep making those videos!! 😒

I don't go to church, so I'm not familiar with the etiquette:  is it okay to be taking so many pictures and videos while there?

• Love 10

22 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I know who the Bates are, but who are these Rodriguez people?  I know who the Plaths are, unfortunately.   Would someone give me a quick intro to them.  I do hope they aren't on tv.

They've appeared in the background at a couple of Duggar weddings.  They have a blog called 'Rodrigues Family Ministries' and Jill Rodrigues, the mother, is very active on Facebook and Instagram.  She is also nuts.  They do not have a TV show, but Jill has been campaigning for one for years which is why she posts their every crazy move online.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

IMO I think it’s very inappropriate to be taking videos/pics during church services.  In my church, no one ever has their phone out during services.  You’re there to worship God, not social media.

Our parish makes periodic announcements about inappropriate phone use during services and anyone taking photos or videos would be visited by an usher and asked to delete them except for special masses like first communion.  Even then most of the time parents are asked to wait for photos until after mass.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
23 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I know who the Bates are, but who are these Rodriguez people?  I know who the Plaths are, unfortunately.   Would someone give me a quick intro to them.  I do hope they aren't on tv.

One of the Rodrigues married Anna Duggars BROTHER, and JillR, the mom of this family, is Duggar and Bates obsessed. So most snark sites also snark on them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Jill is a moron.

2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

They've appeared in the background at a couple of Duggar weddings.  They have a blog called 'Rodrigues Family Ministries' and Jill Rodrigues, the mother, is very active on Facebook and Instagram.  She is also nuts.

So a moron who is also nuts.  Thanks.   Sounds like a family the Duggars would hang around with.  Just hope they stay off tv.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

IMO I think it’s very inappropriate to be taking videos/pics during church services.  In my church, no one ever has their phone out during services.  You’re there to worship God, not social media.

Our main Mass is videotaped by the  church audio visual team.  I can't imagine anyone would take a picture during any of the services except on special occasions when everyone is allowed or  encouraged  like at the end of the Christmas pageant or something else with the children.   I have been known to peak at my phone during the service or right before Mass starts, but I leave it in my purse.   I have no idea about the big mega churches.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

So a moron who is also nuts.  Thanks.   Sounds like a family the Duggars would hang around with.  Just hope they stay off tv.

No, even the Duggars want nothing to do with crazy Jill and her offspring.  When we say she’s crazy, we mean CRAZY.  Check her out on YouTube, and you’ll see what I mean.  You can type in Jill Rodrigues or David Rodrigues or Rodrigues Family Ministries in the YouTube search bar and locate her videos that way.  She has several.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
46 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Our main Mass is videotaped by the  church audio visual team.  I can't imagine anyone would take a picture during any of the services except on special occasions when everyone is allowed or  encouraged  like at the end of the Christmas pageant or something else with the children.   I have been known to peak at my phone during the service or right before Mass starts, but I leave it in my purse.   I have no idea about the big mega churches.

My Catholic Church always asks people to turn off their cell phones right before the Mass begins.  I've never looked at my phone in church except when I was on call.  Even then,  I would leave the church and go into the vestibule to avoid bothering other people.  The only exceptions would be like others have said; first communion, weddings, maybe a pan of the church all decorated for Christmas and the choir singing.  Special stuff, and, even then, very discreetly, without leaving one's seat.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

In my church, no one ever has their phone out during services.  You’re there to worship God, not social media.

I can't believe the pastor of her church hasn't told her to knock it off. 

• Love 18
23 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

My Catholic Church always asks people to turn off their cell phones right before the Mass begins.  I've never looked at my phone in church except when I was on call.  Even then,  I would leave the church and go into the vestibule to avoid bothering other people.  The only exceptions would be like others have said; first communion, weddings, maybe a pan of the church all decorated for Christmas and the choir singing.  Special stuff, and, even then, very discreetly, without leaving one's seat.

Phones are a big no-no in my church as well.  Or at least they were before the pandemic.  Now all of the missals and hymnals have been put away.  If you want to follow along with the readings, you have to bring your own missal or use an app.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I have never taken a call, but I have peeked at text messages because I work with the children's programs, and I get occasional messages about that.  I have had to go help a child who was alone outside, because he was left.  I think he was a second grader;  his parents thought he had gone home with his grandparents,  the grandparents thought he was with the other grandparents who thought his teenage sister was picking him  up.  We have a wonderful Palm Sunday processional which brings out the cameras, but that's about it.  

Edited by Twopper
spelling
  • Love 3

I was raised in a Methodist church and using cell phones during the service was highly frowned upon. If anyone forgot to silence their phone and it went off during the service they would get such a stink eye and muttered complaints.

• Love 11