Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Chapel service today for Phillip was something called "cowbell" preaching. Each of the 5 male students were on for a turn to preach lasting 8min. then a cowbell cuts you off.

Phillip up first - omg he was so hard to follow. Phillip, of course, goes all intellectual. Did not have his bible passage references bookmarked and took forever turning pages. He is trying to explain "where did Jesus go for the 3 days between Crucifixion and Resurrection".  the first day he was in the bosom of abraham?? wth. lots of like and ums.

The other 4 guys i found interesting and their messages were topics most could relate to.

2nd guy preached on the Ripple Effect of your life.

3rd guy is the one Jill and her ilk need to listen to. I believe he stated he was there to be a music director or something. But dang he was dead on about the arrogance of christians trying to reach the unbeliever and thinking the were better and more loved by god than the unsaved. He gave an example warning of bragging at walmart, how to talk to non believing friends at work without arrogance etc

4th guy - on believing even in dire circumstances. Used the fiery furnace story of Sadrach, Mesach and Abendego (my 2nd favorite bible story after the one on evil demons sent into a herd of swine that then ran off a cliff)

5th guy - on serving and keeping faith when being weary.

any hoo, Phillip walking up to preach. still has the weird belt .😬☹️Screenshot(364).png.3663e27ba9e303272eeed1a94b914937.png

He needs my late mother to yank down or tell him to yank down his jacket!

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
18 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Wherever I see one, I think “who cheated?” 🤣

Same! It cracks me up when I see dual-account people being called out for it, too, especially since dual accounts are allegedly a violation of Facebook TOS (not that they enforce even the most egregious violations). 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 2
6 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I have no fashion sense whatsoever and that looks odd even to me.

I would never have thought to wear a shiny "silk" top and a "silk" tie belt with a denim shirt.  Maybe she is getting her styling advise from watching QVC.  This outfit would fit right in with some of the stuff they sell. (actually it is better than some that they have tried to sell)

• LOL 12
(edited)

ok y'all Heidi's sister Hallie is the new Famy. She posted video, not sure where, I saw it on reddit. But Heidi explains her outfit and I think she uses the word "grifted" for her boots and sweater. but maybe I mis heard

Hallie has also posted about "getting followers because her sister is courting someone controversial" or something like that

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

any hoo, Phillip walking up to preach. still has the weird belt .😬☹️Screenshot(364).png.3663e27ba9e303272eeed1a94b914937.png

I guess we'll know when the Rods' vacation is over, and the stink van is back at the barndo. Gabe and Sam will be around to lend Phillip a belt that fits. 

• Sad 2
  • LOL 8
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I guess we'll know when the Rods' vacation is over, and the stink van is back at the barndo. Gabe and Sam will be around to lend Phillip a belt that fits. 

the belt end actually flapped up and down as he walked.... it was so bizarre

• Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 7
Just now, libgirl2 said:

Is that belt white? 

i think light brown- but the screen shot I got from the chapel service video made it look white.

truly I can't see how Phillip will manage in Hungary, assuming he gets there with some KJV mission group. He is not relatable, he used his deep voice today to appear intellectual..... 

The others were not that way at all.

Another interesting note on the 5 guys - 3 are to graduate this spring. Philly's class is him and the guy who preached 2nd today, along with a few of the 7 girls always shown at chapel

• Like 2
  • Useful 9
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I would never have thought to wear a shiny "silk" top and a "silk" tie belt with a denim shirt.  Maybe she is getting her styling advise from watching QVC.  This outfit would fit right in with some of the stuff they sell. (actually it is better than some that they have tried to sell)

I would love Jill to become a down-liner for selling LuLaCrap for Meri Brown!  Those (mostly) hideous prints and "modest" clothes would be right up Jill's alley.

• LOL 9

ok y'all Heidi's sister Hallie is the new Famy. She posted video, not sure where, I saw it on reddit. But Heidi explains her outfit and I think she uses the word "grifted" for her boots and sweater. but maybe I mis heard

Hallie has also posted about "getting followers because her sister is courting someone controversial" or something like that

I saw that too. I thought Heidi said "thrifted" but when she achieves Rodhood, thrifting will be out of her price range and grifting will become her new way of life!

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

I think she said “thrifted” but her speaking voice is kind of off so it’s hard to tell. She was very clear that the earrings were from her boyfriend, lol.

Just now, BetyBee said:

I saw that too. I thought Heidi said "thrifted" but when she achieves Rodhood, thrifting will be out of her price range and grifting will become her new way of life!

Haha we said essentially the same thing about poor Heidi, she seems like she will fit right in with the Rods.

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Chapel service today for Phillip was something called "cowbell" preaching. Each of the 5 male students were on for a turn to preach lasting 8min. then a cowbell cuts you off.

Phillip up first - omg he was so hard to follow. Phillip, of course, goes all intellectual. Did not have his bible passage references bookmarked and took forever turning pages. He is trying to explain "where did Jesus go for the 3 days between Crucifixion and Resurrection".  the first day he was in the bosom of abraham?? wth. lots of like and ums.

The other 4 guys i found interesting and their messages were topics most could relate to.

2nd guy preached on the Ripple Effect of your life.

3rd guy is the one Jill and her ilk need to listen to. I believe he stated he was there to be a music director or something. But dang he was dead on about the arrogance of christians trying to reach the unbeliever and thinking the were better and more loved by god than the unsaved. He gave an example warning of bragging at walmart, how to talk to non believing friends at work without arrogance etc

4th guy - on believing even in dire circumstances. Used the fiery furnace story of Sadrach, Mesach and Abendego (my 2nd favorite bible story after the one on evil demons sent into a herd of swine that then ran off a cliff)

5th guy - on serving and keeping faith when being weary.

Crazy 8..my fave bible teacher is Dr. Michael Heiser that is who phillip needs to listen to ..personable and so down to earth and a scholar with the Creds to back up what he says...maybe he will learn from those boys around him...

• Like 5

I wonder how much Philip listens to, and pays attention to, what the other students are saying.  I wonder if he is learning anything new, or if he is so indoctrinated by his BME that he cannot except any new thoughts.

• Like 16
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

He is trying to explain "where did Jesus go for the 3 days between Crucifixion and Resurrection".  the first day he was in the bosom of abraham?? wth. lots of like and ums.

Well, he started at the laundromat, but he already found Lord David was there.  He got a little hungry and wanted some Evian water turned into wine, so he swung by the Good Olive Garden.  After his meal of soup, pasta, and breadsticks, he then decided to stop in at Hobby Lobby for some Easter cross kits that he could make in his spare time.  All in all, a normal weekend for JeSauce.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 19
31 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

CE3CCA14-0658-46C6-BD53-6026C6453538.jpeg

I know it is standard to do this.   But whenever I see posts like this I think "guess registrations aren't going as well as hoped."   But that could be just my bias.

• Like 12
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is moving to FL asap lol.

Jill acts like Noorie is dying or something. It’s very very sad and disturbing.

I don't know if I'm sad for Kaylee (the forgotten, local daughter) or happy for her that her mother's stage-5 clinginess lands on Nurie, the favorite, faraway daughter. 

I saw those photos before I read Jill's captions, and I honestly thought somebody had died. 

• Like 15
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
18 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I know it is standard to do this.   But whenever I see posts like this I think "guess registrations aren't going as well as hoped."   But that could be just my bias.

That would be my guess too. Last year it looked pretty full! I was shocked Jill got so many women to attend.

How much is the retreat? 

Maybe her usual targets/victims did not get their hunks to pay or they didn’t sell enough plexus to attend.

• LOL 5
19 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

He’s gained some much-needed weight!!  It’s amazing how much healthier and better those kids look once they leave home.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I saw those photos before I read Jill's captions, and I honestly thought somebody had died. 

I saw the pics and the opening "Goodbyes are so hard" and also assumed someone had passed. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

I'll bet she gets very few suckers who come once and then sign up again the next year. And the word may have spread to potential first-time attendees that it's not worth the money they'll have to shell out.

BTW, it seems like she's stopped going on about her tragic, SEVERLY painful miscarriage. Maybe she didn't get the outpouring of sympathy/donations she was hoping for, I really expected her to play the "soldiering on through the pain" card to guilt people into signing up for her weekend (I know that sounds callous, but I don't believe for a minute she actually had a miscarriage, I think she made the whole thing up).

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Like 10

There's no way Jill is done talking about the great pain she endured while vacationing in Florida. The woman's entire life is a ploy to keep attention on herself and empty other people's pockets in the process. 

She may be catching on about not posting stuff publicly that her critics will throw back at her. I doubt it, but she might be slightly smarter than she appears. 

• Like 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

image.png.a9467e7569d2dbb74aa9d09ca75d604b.png

Ewwww that picture is gross. Of all the possibilities, why did she select that image to promote her stupid retreat?

Slowly scrolling down the page and encountering those brown smears I thought I was about to be treated to one of those Duggar/Roloff style diaper blowout posts.

I think Carlin Stewart has the current market on diaper blowout/child TMI posts...and now I can't see anything but diaper blowout in that photo. 😄 🤢

Edited by Heathen
  • LOL 8

Nurie’s only job is birthing 20 babies, so unless she is birthin’ a baby, she could go to Ohio any given Sunday after Nathan’s done “preaching” and stay for a week. 

• Like 6
44 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Doesn’t look like a sparrow to me. 

How about a cartoon duck wearing boots? 

Jill goes all out on gifts for this retreat. One year attendees got a Jill-written, Hunk-printed, stapled pamphlet about the life of SEVERELY quadriplegic sister Amy. Now, who wouldn't want that in their home? 

• Mind Blown 6
  • LOL 9

Tim is probably getting married this year and maybe Renee will get engaged! 

AndKaylee and HOHO will have Jill over daily once Andbaby gets here.

Can you imagine Jill crying over Andbaby and shrieking that her baby and Kay’s baby would be close in age and besties forever. 

• Sad 10
7 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

I wonder if the birds will be tied to a treat bag that holds 7 jelly beans, a pack of crayons from the “good” Olive Garden, a mismatched set of hotel soap/shampoo/conditioner saved up from their many vacations soul saving missionary trips, and a smiley face tract?

Far too generous for Jill! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 11

I wonder if the boys who preached at the chapel service get a critique afterword.  Phillip's sermon sounds like it was completely inferior to the other four.  I wonder if he sees that or if he thinks they are off base?  Both my maternal grandparents were narcissists and they always thought the rest of the world was wrong and they were right.  Who knows if Phillip has picked up BME's traits.

• Like 15