Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The "staff" didn't know anything about the Bates for the last 10 years?

And I don't know, but isn't saying "a large portion of the network is African American because the network started out with Southern Gospel Programming", kind of a racist statement? 

And BTW the founder of UPTV is white. He had two preacher uncles, one of whom was a televangelist. One from Fayetteville, AR.

This sounds completely made up. The very idea that UPTV of all networks would care about a racist joke in an instagram post that was promptly deleted and received little to no attention outside reddit is laughable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, lascuba said:

This sounds completely made up. The very idea that UPTV of all networks would care about a racist joke in an instagram post that was promptly deleted and received little to no attention outside reddit is laughable. 

She basically used all the talking points from the Reddit group, as usual, and tries to present them as facts.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

She basically used all the talking points from the Reddit group, as usual, and tries to present them as facts.

Exactly. I read that thread on Reddit, and she is 100% taking all that speculation and presenting it as “insider” knowledge. I call bullshit. She knows nothing more than the rest of us do. 

I think we will find out what happened at some point though because I can’t imagine that after filming the entire season and releasing early promos for it, UPtv just decided “let’s not air it because we want to focus on scripted television.” That explanation makes zero sense. Something bigger has to be at play, but I don’t think that anyone outside of the inner Bates circle and UPtv executives knows what that something is. 

• Love 15
On 1/18/2022 at 8:21 PM, heckkitty said:

The most direct evidence ever that her daughters are being forced into what was the fashion when she graduated from high school. Those pictures could be Nuri or any of the Not Nuries right now.

I’d agree except that this was not even in fashion for high school seniors in 1997. 😂 I also graduated in 1997 and no one in my HS yearbook had this look. My cousin is 10 years older than me and her senior photos looked exactly like this in 1987. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

And UPTV was upset because Carlin and Evan were shopping for a car at Josh's lot at the same time that he was downloading CP? How exactly were they supposed to know what was on Josh's computer? Buying a used car from Josh Duggar might be a sign that you're gullible and stupid, but it doesn't mean guilt by association.

• Love 18

Also, UP TV isn't really concentrating on original scripted programming, as far as I or anyone else can tell. Right now, their webpage is showing Heartland (scripted, syndicated, second run), Gilmore Girls (scripted, second run), Reba (scripted, second run), and Little House on the Prairie (scripted, second run) as "featured shows."

Below those are Bringing Up BatesGrowing Up McGhee (reality); Whose Line Is It Anyway? (variety; post-view/second run); Family Feud (game show); Design Twins (reality); Our Wedding Story (reality); Morgan Family Strong (reality); Small Town, Big Mayor (reality); Date My Dad (scripted, second run); and Jo Frost: Nanny on Tour (reality).

At least four of these shows - Whose Line Is It Anyway, Reba, Gilmore Girls and Little House on the Prairie - are available on other broadcast/cable/streaming platforms, and there is a possibility that they will be losing syndication rights to Whose Line Is It Anyway, Reba and Gilmore Girls by 2023/2024. 

Which is to say, not only does UP TV not have a single original scripted TV show right now, based on their current lineup, they appear to be in desperate need of more content, not less. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My lady parts scream in pain for Priscilla, looking at her back in a jean skirt posing for pictures, on a bed she likely gave birth in and just made up, minutes after pushing a human into the world.

image.thumb.png.f99825915be757a6c99ddd955685d807.png

image.thumb.png.d430ee78fae41858a6a60cce7ba0f357.png

Transport that family back to 1930s Germany as a propaganda poster… (not at all implying the family are nazis or white supremacists—just the homogenous blondness and the perfect domestic dream fulfillment, with children and parents gathered and blissful).

11 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

What prompted Jill to take the kids to the dentist? Is CPS looking at the Rods again? 

How often do they go? Did all the kids get a visit? Cavities aren't inevitable these days because of fluoride treatments, but Jill may not realize that. I hope no one had a toothache. 

"What a blessing to take care of our babies." Yeah, right. Jill would much rather spend the money on shopping trips, vacations, and restaurant dates with hunky hubby.  

It’s pretty gross what people will put in baby bottles and snippy cups. All kinds of sugary soda, and kids can end up with profound problems with their baby teeth. Of course I’m SURE Plexus magically cures tooth decay AND whitens teeth!

• Love 6
22 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

See children services we take the kids to the dentist. We even let a man doctor touch our daughters.

CE1CDF8E-FFD8-44B6-A00C-851AE9E99AC8.jpeg

D29A13E1-A0B3-4425-8B2C-64E8DED76486.jpeg

Judging by these photos, I’m almost sure this is a dental school. They provide dental services for those who are poor, low income, and/or without dental coverage. Sometimes you’re stuck with a student who is not that great though.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 1/19/2022 at 12:12 PM, MargeGunderson said:

Has it been confirmed that any of the Bates boys participated in the attack on the capitol? Wildly speculating here, but if any of them were there and are being charged, that would qualify as a scandal. 

Being arrested for sedition is a great way to get cancelled. (Literally and figuratively)

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Judging by these photos, I’m almost sure this is a dental school. They provide dental services for those who are poor, low income, and/or without dental coverage. Sometimes you’re stuck with a student who is not that great though.

I've had work done at a dental school, and I think you're right. However, I remember everything the dental student did had to be checked by the instructor, who was supervising several students. Even a simple process took forever. Of course, the Rods don't have school or regular jobs, so time is probably not a concern.  

Many people use dental school services to keep costs down, and getting an appointment can be difficult. I hope the kids with cavities didn't have to wait too long. Jill wouldn't think about dental problems, so the kids would have to be in enough discomfort to say something for her to do anything. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LilJen said:

Transport that family back to 1930s Germany as a propaganda poster… (not at all implying the family are nazis or white supremacists—just the homogenous blondness and the perfect domestic dream fulfillment, with children and parents gathered and blissful).

I had the same thought.   It's not them being blonde that makes me think this,  but how put together the kids are.  All of them have their hair done, and their clothes are too neat.  Ruffle them up a tad, and your mind won't immediately go to the Aryan ideal family. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, LilJen said:

It’s pretty gross what people will put in baby bottles and snippy cups. All kinds of sugary soda, and kids can end up with profound problems with their baby teeth. Of course I’m SURE Plexus magically cures tooth decay AND whitens teeth!

It doesn’t. Jill spends the kids’ money on teeth whitening products. I bet she’s missing that ebil child tax credit now.

5 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Ohio Medicaid covers basic dental work.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I've had work done at a dental school, and I think you're right. However, I remember everything the dental did had to be checked by the instructor, who was supervising several . Even a simple process took forever. Of course, the Rods don't have school or regular jobs, so time is not a concern.  

Many people use dental school services to keep costs down, and getting can be difficult. I hope the kids with cavities didn't have to wait too long. Jill wouldn't think about dental , so the kids would have to be in enough to say something for her to do anything. 

When I lived in NYC, I went to NYU's dental school since I didn't have insurance and it was way cheaper than going to a fully licensed office. Honestly, it was great. I had wonderful student dentists, their work was always check out by two professors, and if you didn't click with your student dentist, you could simply ask the front desk for a different one. My first dentist there had been a practicing dentist in his home country, but his license wasn't valid in the US. I had to get a root canal, which was done by someone in the ortho program (endo program? Sorry, I can't remember). He was awesome and did a great job. If anyone in the NY area is looking for a dentist, I recommend NYU. Top notch.  

ETA, I can't fault them for this, but are they going twice a year? I doubt it. 

Edited by TrixieTrue
To be on topic
  • Love 15

The open space looks like the layout of a dental school. Also, one man's badge says "Dental Resident." 

Dental schools are excellent for complicated and/or expensive procedures like implants or braces. For specialties, the students are graduates getting advanced training. Again, the problem is how long everything takes. Also, many technical and community colleges have dental hygiene programs that give free or low cost cleanings.

I think Jill's problem is not as much a matter of money as just not caring enough to put in the effort to find and use preventative services for her children. Her grifting seems to be directed toward herself and hunk-a-hubby. 

And who paid for the steak lunch? Nathan is not around or we'd see Nurie and Nemo. Maybe Jonathan is visiting again. If so, expect another round of photos of sneaking into the hotel gym and swimming pool in drain-clogging denim. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

The problem I see with the Rods at the dentist is - they've haven't been covid careful in the community and there they are with their mouths wide open for extended periods of time. I'm assuming they work on more than one patient at a time. So while the students and teachers are suited up in protective gear, there are other patients in the same area breathing in potential covid germs.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I have a feeling David hates getting his picture taken by Jill. 

Sometimes I think that leaving out the words "getting his picture taken by" would be just as accurate. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Dental schools are excellent for complicated and/or expensive procedures like implants or braces. For specialties, the students are graduates getting advanced training. Again, the problem is how long everything takes. Also, many technical and community colleges have dental hygiene programs that give free or low cost cleanings

Yeah my mom still goes to a community college dental school and sometimes the students don’t finish the cleaning within their allotted time so she has to schedule a subsequent appointment so they can finish. As a child, I hated going because many of the students were way too rough, but I just assumed that’s what was to be expected, until I became an adult and got my own dental coverage.

I got the dry heaves looking at those Golden Corral photos. My older relatives love that place, but I found it disgusting even before Covid. It’s a germ trough.

• Love 19
48 minutes ago, wilsie said:

Jill really is a horrible person.  Her children rarely go out to eat and she takes two of them while their mouths are still numb from Novocaine.  My dentist always says to wait unless the numbness is gone so there's less chance of doing damage to your mouth.  Like chewing your cheek, tongue or whatever gets in the way.  Idiot.

They may’ve had to go out of town in order to get the free/reduced cost dental services, so that might have been the reason they stopped at a restaurant.  I don’t know how much the buffet-only costs at Golden Corral, but that meal probably set them back close to $100 or more.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, wilsie said:

Jill really is a horrible person.  Her children rarely go out to eat and she takes two of them while their mouths are still numb from Novocaine.  My dentist always says to wait unless the numbness is gone so there's less chance of doing damage to your mouth.  Like chewing your cheek, tongue or whatever gets in the way.  Idiot.

I kept thinking about that once I realized they went there after the dentist. A few years ago, I overbooked myself by agreeing to volunteer for something right after getting my first filling. And I tried to squeeze in a really quick dinner in between the dentist and the volunteering. I ended up chewing on my cheek and my tongue and just finally gave up on eating. Never again! I was an adult who didn't realize what I was doing, so that was all on me, but her kids are at her mercy and by this stage in life, she really should know this. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

They may’ve had to go out of town in order to get the free/reduced cost dental services, so that might have been the reason they stopped at a restaurant.  I don’t know how much the buffet-only costs at Golden Corral, but that meal probably set them back close to $100 or more.

At least double. The hubby and I, along with two teenagers, are close to $70 before tip, and they could have spent close to $40 alone on soda if they didn’t drink water. 

• Love 4

i think they most likely went during the lunch hours when it is cheaper $8 something for people over 12. $5-6.something for kids 6-12. and 3 and under are free. so surely some of the kids got bumped into different age groups for the cheaper price.

to confess, we did that at buffets for years after our daughter was over 5. but since she ever and only ate 1 small bowl of mac and cheese and an ice cream cone filled with sprinkles every time,(no ice cream) i think they still made money. She tells that story to people and they are awed a parent would let a child eat a cone filled with sprinkles. It made my teeth hurt just watching. but once a year, not a big deal. #makingmemories before it was a thing 🤣

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

so good that Jill is NOT like those women of the modern world who need to film anything and everything with their phones, while their kids are also filming the same boring thing. God must be well and truly pleased with Jill. Surely jewels are being placed in her heavenly crown even as we snark.

But...  🤣

Hello! We are the Rodrigues Family. Our purpose for using Facebook is to be a light for our Jesus!

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, Zella said:

I kept thinking about that once I realized they went there after the dentist. A few years ago, I overbooked myself by agreeing to volunteer for something right after getting my first filling. And I tried to squeeze in a really quick dinner in between the dentist and the volunteering. I ended up chewing on my cheek and my tongue and just finally gave up on eating. Never again! I was an adult who didn't realize what I was doing, so that was all on me, but her kids are at her mercy and by this stage in life, she really should know this. 

Ouch!  Yeah, Jilldo certainly should know something like this.  Doesn't she have veneers or some such?

Lucky you, to be an adult before getting your first filling!  I have always had terrible teeth, and I couldn't count how much time I've spent in dental office chairs.  

Hunk looks like the glutton he must be.  I don't see any green on his plate, either.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Hunk looks like the glutton he must be.  I don't see any green on his plate, either.

And it’s an all you can eat buffet, so it’s not like he can’t go back for seconds, thirds, or twelfths if he wanted to. That food is spilling off his plate.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

This is my favorite pic of Dave. Come hither look is STRONG. 

5C0F9068-FDB3-4713-AA74-E8B0412554B4.jpeg

Wow, he does look alluring in that picture. Jill better watch out. 

On the plus side, I see some green on his plate! 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Ouch!  Yeah, Jilldo certainly should know something like this.  Doesn't she have veneers or some such?

Lucky you, to be an adult before getting your first filling!  I have always had terrible teeth, and I couldn't count how much time I've spent in dental office chairs.  

I have teeth that take after my mom's side. For as long as I could remember, my mom had gold teeth, bridges, never dentures. My aunts had the same and my cousins all had braces. I had a filling fall out last week. I was waiting for Covid test results so I was finally able to go in yesterday. Surprise! My tooth was cracked and the dentist wanted to remove it asap. So now I have an implant, numerous root canals and one less tooth (including the 4 I had removed because my mouth was too small). 

I saw green on Hunk's plate. 

10 minutes ago, Nysha said:

He has green beans, corn, and cauliflower which are all considered vegetables in my family. 

That might be the extent of veggies the place offers. I remember going to a rather rustic lodge in Indiana at a state park. They had a restaurant with a buffet. I was aghast that the veggies were corn and green beans, obviously from a can. Another time in Southern Illinois, we went to another lodge that is well known for their fried chicken dinner.... again, the two veggies, corn and green beans, were canned. I'm okay with canned corn but that is it. 

At least the cauliflower is probably fresh-ish. Unless it is cooked until it is dead. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Hellooooo from the other side ( away from my office/toilet )

E70F5133-4712-4E25-9261-653CBA10C0DD.jpeg

Someone needs to go in to her barndo and toss all of her eyeliner. Jeese Louise… too much is too much! I wonder if she removes it every night and starts fresh every day? Nah. Just answered my own question. I’m sure she just layers it on. And on.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Hellooooo from the other side ( away from my office/toilet )

E70F5133-4712-4E25-9261-653CBA10C0DD.jpeg

Oh yes, that picture just screams “modest Christian woman”.  Jill, you are a light to us all 🙄

• LOL 14