Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Nurie could not even have the privacy of pushing out her own baby without the family watching. Sorry, but I don't think it's a good thing for Janessa to have watched. Of course the Rod sisters are great aunts...they have been sister-moms all of their lives. I understand Jill wanting to be there when her grandchild is born, but being injured, she should have gone back with Shrek afterwards. After a couple of days, not being able to help out, there was no reason for her to hang around. I'll never understand what clicks in Jill's brain.

• Love 20

Imagine already being sleep-deprived and food insecure and then offering being forced to stay up all night to care for your married sister’s baby while your mother admits she’s just sitting there watching you do it.

Jill thinks she’s giving an FU Internetz by showing that Nurie isn’t being burdened by her visit. She’s too self-absorbed to realize this makes her look like an even bigger piece of shit than before. 

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 20
14 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

As far as we know, she hasn't even been seen by a doctor yet; so any speculation about needing knee surgery is probably straight from Jill's warped brainpan and not an actual medical opinion.  Had she been seen by a doc, she would been told to remove the toe ring or it would've been cut off with wire cutters, I would think.  ER's cut various piece of jewelry off swollen digits all the time.

So, Shrek, the 4 boys and Tessie and Hannah are back in Ohio.  Which means Jill is down in Florida with the 2 NotNuries, Kaylee and Renee, and 4 little girls ages 9,7,5, and 3.  How could having 7 houseguests, 4 of them young children, possibly be a good thing for Nurie and her little family?  Where are they sleeping?  How are they not falling over one another in Nurie's house (if they've even moved into the house and aren't still in the trailer).  I know Jill stacks her girls like cordwood in the bedrooms at home, but this is really beyond the pale.

Jill replied to someone on FB and said that she would go to the doctor when she gets home.  All of the assumptions regarding her knee come straight from Drama Mama, not a medical professional.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill replied to someone on FB and said that she would go to the doctor when she gets home.  All of the assumptions regarding her knee come straight from Drama Mama, not a medical professional.

Jill just couldn’t stand the thought of Nurie getting all the attention. This way Jill gets martyr points for traveling despite her horrific injury and putting off medical care to be there for Nurie. See, she is the best, most selfless momma ever!

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

I just hope Nurie WANTED them all to watch the birth…

Why would Nurie have a say in that? It's the Jill show. Was Nathan even allowed in the building? 

Poor Sadie. It won't be long before Nemo has more teeth than she does. 

13 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Jill just couldn’t stand the thought of Nurie getting all the attention. This way Jill gets martyr points for traveling despite her horrific injury and putting off medical care to be there for Nurie. See, she is the best, most selfless momma ever!

For all we know Jill threw herself down the stairs. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

She’s like a character in an old movie, bad makeup and loads of self indulgent drama. Maybe Nurthan has their RV in the yard at the new house and uses that as the guest accommodations. The Rodlet boys are back in Ohio doing construction work on the Barndo, JillR wants that done by Thanksgiving. She must use all those fall decorations.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I was thinking about this today. (Sorry - I have had a SEVERELY [lol!] busy week at work and I needed junk food for the brain.) How else could MeMe possible up brand new mom Nurie but be SEVERELY injured? But still manage to head to Florida to “help” Nurthan and HER FIRST GRANDCHILD! Yet she can “barely” walk and her leg is swollen to oblivion. Don’t you all see just how wonderful and devoted she is? She is putting HER OWN PAIN aside to “help” Nurthan! She is not only the “Best Mama Ever” but “The Best MeMe EVER!” And she brought her own “baby” because she could not bear to leave her. 🙄

She just surpasses my expectations of her. And not in a good way.

Classic narcissist. (I lived with a mother like that)

• Love 11
On 10/14/2021 at 1:19 AM, CalicoKitty said:

It was Milford in my family.  Your family got off easy and with a usable name.

I hope no one ended up with the nickname "Milf". Even if they were a boy. 😬

In my family, the name was Jozef, often with the Polish spelling, but sometimes Anglicized to Joseph. Most of my cousins have one, though I don't.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

Or just sat down at the foot of the stairs, settled herself comfortably and then began clutching her knee and wailing as Shrek and the kids came running to see what happened. Most of them probably realized right away that she was faking, but were too frightened of her wrath to say anything.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Or just sat down at the foot of the stairs, settled herself comfortably and then began clutching her knee and wailing as Shrek and the kids came running to see what happened. Most of them probably realized right away that she was faking, but were too frightened of her wrath to say anything.

Dropped a heavy book to mimic the sound of a fall, before breaking out the wails. This ain't her first "look at me" rodeo.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

34 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Dropped a heavy book to mimic the sound of a fall, before breaking out the wails. This ain't her first "look at me" rodeo.

Honest to god, my first thought was that episode of the Jeffersons when Mother Jefferson knocked over the kitchen chair and faked a back injury so that George and Louise would pay attention to her.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I need to get a life, but while I'm sipping my morning coffee I'm mentally reviewing the general order of Jill's social media posts this week. I'm basing it on what I read here and looking at her Instagram posts (I don't follow her on FB.)

First, the "BREAKING NEWS! PLEASE PRAY!!" - Nurie was in labor and heading for the birthing center, followed by news of the birth and a couple of photos of Nurie, Nathan, and Nemo. 

Then, after the FB live thing which IMO was 100% a Jill idea and production, many photos of Jill with Nemo.

Somewhere along in there, pics from Nurie's late pregnancy photoshoot which were actually much nicer than the usual Jill stuff.

Then, to remind us we must not think of Jill as an old granny - plenty of photos of Jill's own TINY TODDLER and miracle baby Janessa, holding the newborn. "See? I'm still in the game. I popped out this baby not even three years ago and I'm such a good mother I couldn't be away from her for TWO WEEKS while I'm down here with MY first grandchild! Nurie's not the only young and fertile woman around here - and DON'T you forget it!"

And finally, Jill posts how the Not-Nuries are there, and have been working 24/7 to take care of everyone. I don't think she posted a peep about them before that. I wonder if she'd have posted about them at all if there hadn't been online criticism of how she's burdening Nurie and Nathan with her injured self and tiny toddler. Jill doesn't want to feel old and past her baby-making years, especially right now, so she wouldn't be a hurry to spotlight her older daughters. I'm sure Jill's still disappointed that she and Nurie weren't pregnant at the same time. What an opportunity for good publicity that would have been, for the Fabulous JillR, the Godliest Person on Earth as well as the most beautiful and charming and talented and desirable, and fertile. In her own mind, anyway. What a defeat that it didn't happen. Maybe another attack by Satan? (Waving "Hi" to Jill who I'm sure reads us and Reddit on the regular.)

That's my off-the-top-of-my-head recap of Jill's progression of SM posts. I know there was more stuff in there, including praise for her studly headship who drove her severely injured self to FL, and the famous swollen leg and foot shot with the toe ring looking like an amputation device. I just wrote all this down after I thought about the order of the subject matter of her social media posts as the days went by. And how it reveals what was on her mind, in what order of importance. 

Nailed it.

• Love 4

I knew the Not Nuries stayed. Why drive down there, perform at church, then turn around and come home? David was probably already home by Sunday, but with Jill's wonky posting of events, I could be wrong and they arrived closer to the birth, maybe Saturday. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It must be exhausting to be Jill. However, it's probably more exhausting to be around her. 

You are right on both accounts.  Hell, it's exhausting reading about her misadventures in the name of the lordt.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I hope no one ended up with the nickname "Milf". Even if they were a boy. 😬

In my family, the name was Jozef, often with the Polish spelling, but sometimes Anglicized to Joseph. Most of my cousins have one, though I don't.

Actually, only one of my dad's cousins  went by Milford.  Everyone else used either their middle name or, like my dad, went by their initials.  No one liked the name, but they kept naming babies with it.  Luckily, my parents didn't follow tradition, and my brother was not a Milford.  Nor is his son, or his grandsons.  My grandfather's middle name is now the common name that is used, and it is a good name.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, floridamom said:

<snipped> After a couple of days, not being able to help out, there was no reason for her to hang around. I'll never understand what clicks in Jill's brain.

I agree. She could have left the big girls with Nurie but a crippled Jill and the little ones should have gone home after just a couple of days.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

<snip> I'm sure Jill's still disappointed that she and Nurie weren't pregnant at the same time. What an opportunity for good publicity that would have been, for the Fabulous JillR, the Godliest Person on Earth as well as the most beautiful and charming and talented and desirable, and fertile. In her own mind, anyway. What a defeat that it didn't happen. <snip>

If she waits until next year, she, Nurie and Kaylee can all be pregnant together.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

If she waits until next year, she, Nurie and Kaylee can all be pregnant together.

She wishes!

I have to say as much as I don't like Michelle Duggar, she is a walk in the park compared to Jill.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Honest to god, my first thought was that episode of the Jeffersons when Mother Jefferson knocked over the kitchen chair and faked a back injury so that George and Louise would pay attention to her.

Lordy, that Mother Jefferson could be a piece of work couldn't she?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Latest plucking victim on the right. One on the left on deck.

99756B63-4677-46C8-A663-5B162F2D16C6.jpeg

Will "Miss Renee" survive until this conference in January? It's a long time til then. Sad to say, but my first reaction was that it was an old pic of Karen Carpenter.

Edited by drafan
9 hours ago, ozziemom said:

She’s like a character in an old movie, bad makeup and loads of self indulgent drama. Maybe Nurthan has their RV in the yard at the new house and uses that as the guest accommodations. The Rodlet boys are back in Ohio doing construction work on the Barndo, JillR wants that done by Thanksgiving. She must use all those fall decorations.

Are any of these kids getting homeschooled at all? 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

I truly wonder if any of those 13 children realize that there’s maybe something just a little bit wrong with Mama?

How would they know? Jill keeps them so isolated. And Timbits was still tied to the apron strings when he went off to school. Remember Jill bragging about 2 hour conversations with him?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I just hope Nurie WANTED them all to watch the birth…

10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Why would Nurie have a say in that? It's the Jill show. Was Nathan even allowed in the building? 

Poor Sadie. It won't be long before Nemo has more teeth than she does. 

Poor girl, even if she *was* permitted to tell everyone  to get the f*** out of there Jill would never think the order applied to her.

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Before *I* left for Florida…..

13D94D1C-EF45-4817-8AF5-FBD15202B174.jpeg

99756B63-4677-46C8-A663-5B162F2D16C6.jpeg

7E6BBE34-CE1F-47E5-A34F-D38196D3E8FA.jpeg

98B16597-6549-40CF-818D-5D0455492AD8.jpeg

Still in mourning for Tessie’s eyebrows…

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Poor girl, even if she *was* permitted to tell everyone  to get the f*** out of there Jill would never think the order applied to her.

Still in mourning for Tessie’s eyebrows…

Tessie is strikingly attractive.  It’s a damn shame that her own mother will do her very best to ruin that.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

As a real-life, honest-to-god, professional graphic designer, my soul aches after seeing that… um… postcard. Seriously, I am all twitchy…

ETA: Could he have used any more fonts in that thing? You don’t have to use all the fonts you own in every job you print… *SMH*

I’m just amazed that there are no randomly capitalized words!

• LOL 8

There are only four categories listed for the retreat Breakout Sessions:  Ministry Wives, Widows, Mothers, and Teens.  So if you are an unmarried 20-something, or a childless married, you're nothing in her world.

Also, she lists that there will be Vendors at the retreat.  You know that is so she can hawk her pink drink garbage.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Has anyone watched Midnight Mass on Netflix?  It’s all kinds of creepy, blasphemous, and thought-provoking at once. Anyway, I won’t spoil the plot or ending, but I will say JillR is the Bev Keane of the fundy world, and that is not a compliment.  I keep hearing that speech: “You are not a good person. God doesn’t live you more.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Has anyone watched Midnight Mass on Netflix?  It’s all kinds of creepy, blasphemous, and thought-provoking at once. Anyway, I won’t spoil the plot or ending, but I will say JillR is the Bev Keane of the fundy world, and that is not a compliment.  I keep hearing that speech: “You are not a good person. God doesn’t live you more.”

They should also watch “marketing the messiah”. Eye opening. Would love to watch it with them 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1