Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Last year it was a burnt ham and something yellow that resembled a pineapple. There was barely enough food for a family of four, let alone 15. A real standout WTF moment in a life of WTF moments.

BA35C13C-BE0C-4311-AC12-2C429CEA3D46.jpeg

18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

So Jill is up there on the front row during the church service taking selfies and using her phone to capture video of her kids. Meaning she had to turn around and hold the camera up to get the video. During the candlelight service. How effing distracting. I wonder if she annoys others in the congregation or they are so used to her by now that they don't bother to care.

Also, typical JillR: nice cozy unmasked photo with a member of the congregation and Jill is cradling a gift bag on her lap. I would bet the rent that the bag is not a gift FROM Jill, it's a gift TO Jill. Because, she's JillR.

• Love 18
31 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

So Jill is up there on the front row during the church service taking selfies and using her phone to capture video of her kids. Meaning she had to turn around and hold the camera up to get the video. During the candlelight service. How effing distracting. I wonder if she annoys others in the congregation or they are so used to her by now that they don't bother to care.

Also, typical JillR: nice cozy unmasked photo with a member of the congregation and Jill is cradling a gift bag on her lap. I would bet the rent that the bag is not a gift FROM Jill, it's a gift TO Jill. Because, she's JillR.

And Jill shows off for the ‘gram as one of the brother-moms has to balance a Rod waif on his hip while holding a lit candle. 

45 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

The people who attend church there have to think that Jill is a lunatic.  I mean, how could they not?!

• Love 13

I will say that the singing is marginally less painful than in most of her videos. Maybe because there are no off-pitch instrumentals competing, and Jill sounds a bit more restrained than usual. However, her mugging for the camera every time it focuses (and lingers ) on her is truly nauseating.

• Love 11

I bet Jill's kids can survey the food and know exactly to the eighth inch or eighth ounce how much of each item they can put on their plates so Best  Mama and Big Papa and any guests will get their share and something will be left for the last kid in line. Timmy used to fast to help stretch the meals. There are probably current designated fasters (Phillip? Sam? the Not-Nuries) who Jill doesn't mention to avoid criticism. And what's with that pineapple in the burnt ham dinner? Is it on the table for decoration?

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I bet Jill's kids can survey the food and know exactly to the eighth inch or eighth ounce how much of each item they can put on their plates so Best  Mama and Big Papa and any guests will get their share and something will be left for the last kid in line. Timmy used to fast to help stretch the meals. There are probably current designated fasters (Phillip? Sam? the Not-Nuries) who Jill doesn't mention to avoid criticism. And what's with that pineapple in the burnt ham dinner? Is it on the table for decoration?

I am sure that Papa Shrek and Mama Jill serve themselves first and the kids then divvy up whatever remains amongst themselves.  No way is Jill going to take the chance that the kids might not leave enough for Daddy.  And Jill is more than happy to put herself ahead of everyone and everything, including Jesus.

Seems like the Rods make up around half the congregation at the Christmas service.  The other few members better be generous with the donations because I'm sure the Rods feel their presence is offering enough.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I’ll never get over the fact that she was PROUD to show that slop on SM.  That alone proves what a nut job she is.

One of the many, many things that bother me about this photo is the lack of serving dishes. That is a major pet peeve of mine. I get stabby at the thought of just throwing a frying pan on the table and serving out of it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Must admit, I'm anxious to see pictures of Nurie.  Hopefully she is flourishing, and seeing evidence of that makes me happy.  I want the same for Timothy, but he's still under Jill's thumb.   At least he has a job away from the compound.  He has tried as hard as possible (for his circumstances) to get out from under her grasp, but always gets bounced back to JRod.   I'm rooting so hard for all of those kids.  They pull at my heartstrings.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

Seems like the Rods make up around half the congregation at the Christmas service.  The other few members better be generous with the donations because I'm sure the Rods feel their presence is offering enough.

I guess Jill and Dave's big idea of blanketing their part of Ohio with 60 thousand mailed religious tracts advertising their church didn't work to fill the pews. Well, it worked to get David a huge printing job (compensated, for sure) and to get Jill into a "planning and management" role in the church. Brassy Jill is good at giving orders and ignoring her own failures. 

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at that church when the Rod crew isn't around. Jill the Interloper must ruffle some feathers. Didn't Jill and David start a fight at one church in WV and leave? Countdown clock ticking again? 

Just now, Westiepeach said:

One of the many, many things that bother me about this photo is the lack of serving dishes. That is a major pet peeve of mine. I get stabby at the thought of just throwing a frying pan on the table and serving out of it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Goes well with the flimsy plastic eating utensils thrown on the counter, the ones the kids probably have to share.  

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I guess Jill and Dave's big idea of blanketing their part of Ohio with 60 thousand mailed religious tracts advertising their church didn't work to fill the pews. Well, it worked to get David a huge printing job (compensated, for sure) and to get Jill into a "planning and management" role in the church. Brassy Jill is good at giving orders and ignoring her own failures. 

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at that church when the Rod crew isn't around. Jill the Interloper must ruffle some feathers. Didn't Jill and David start a fight at one church in WV and leave? Countdown clock ticking again? 

Goes well with the flimsy plastic eating utensils thrown on the counter, the ones the kids probably have to share.  

Rumor has it that the Rods left western NY after David argued with the pastor who he felt was too liberal and they were asked to find another church.  I suspect that Shrek was such a PITA, that word got out and any potential churches that were conservative enough for him let them know they were not interested; so they packed up and moved to WVa, where they lived in the RV for months and months until they were able to grift the house near Charleston that they sold when they came to Ohio.

It's pretty clear from reading her posts that Jill and Shrek think they are the shizzle when it comes to fundyism.  I suspect that they are outspoken critics at any church they attend and that the pastor, if not already likeminded, better be willing to step aside and let them run the show.

It bugs me, too, that Jill cannot be bothered to serve a special holiday meal on nice dishes, especially with guests.  You can find cheap serving dishes, platters and even holiday plates at garage sales, resale shops and discount stores all the time. There is no excuse for Jill not to have decent serving dishes and utensils.  I bought an 8 place setting box of holiday dishes at Big Lots for less than $20 after Christmas more than a decade ago.  They're cute with a holly pattern and, even though they only get used a few times a year, I love setting a pretty table with them.  Even this Christmas, with only a couple of us at dinner, I got out the Christmas stuff, as always. It's not Spode, but it serves the purpose. We all know that Jill would never stick her manicured hands in dishwater, the kids are going to do the cleanup anyway, so there's no reason not to use nice dishes.  For that matter, Chinet makes some nice holiday serving dishes and platters that can be discarded after the meal and, to me, anyway, if would be well worth it to have a nice table at Christmas.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Rumor has it that the Rods left western NY after David argued with the pastor who he felt was too liberal and they were asked to find another church.  I suspect that Shrek was such a PITA, that word got out and any potential churches that were conservative enough for him let them know they were not interested; so they packed up and moved to WVa, where they lived in the RV for months and months until they were able to grift the house near Charleston that they sold when they came to Ohio.

It's pretty clear from reading her posts that Jill and Shrek think they are the shizzle when it comes to fundyism.  I suspect that they are outspoken critics at any church they attend and that the pastor, if not already likeminded, better be willing to step aside and let them run the show.

The situation has to be contentious. A group coming in and staging a coup, even a slow one, is a political power play, and no pastor wants to hand over his flock willingly. Jill is the center of the universe, so she and pseudo-headship Shrek feel entitled to be in charge. In fact, I wonder if the church has lost members since the Rod invasion. 

• Love 17

does she ever post about the pastor preaching. we see David preaching, Phillip preaching, Samuel preaching. I can't remember if we have seen Timothy and Gabriel preaching. but seems the preachers she posts about are her "menfolk"

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

Christmas tree is in the laundry corner? Jeez that is just sad. 

Rods really need to get a heated barn or something. Too many people in a tiny space. Imagine the dust and BO Shrek gives off. 

Sorry Rod kids that you got those 2 losers for parents 

25 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Interesting observation!

I also can’t believe that they are in the front pews at the candlelit service, with Jill having the audacity to stand up with her back to the pulpit to film her own family. How annoying must that be to literally everyone there?!

I think you all are probably right and this church might not be so happy with the Rods taking over. They’re like a parasite devouring a host.

Parasites indeed. I think they will be asked to leave soon enough. The rest of the members must be tired of feeding them at the weekly potluck.

I am sure all Jill brought was the stale fruit cakes if that. I am sure she thinks her presence is a gift on its own.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Hope you did well???! Pretty avaricious for a supposed Christian, Jill. 

She is a greedy raccoon. Now I am sure most of those gifts were bought/donated by others. Bestest mama is SEVERELY cheap with gifts for her kids. 

I see one of the gifts is a popcorn tub. Hope the kids ate a handful of popcorn each. 

• Love 3

Where in the house exactly did the Rods open their gifts? Because there is a washing machine out in the open, a ladder leaning against a wall, what looks like a closet rod running along the walls, and open walls showing the studs behind them. It looks like a weird warehouse. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Interesting whichever boy, phillip or sammers, has a random pill on his lap the same way Jer duggar has a random pillow on his lap during a family party with pics being taken. 

My 12-year old mind thinks they might be hiding erections.  But on second thought, why would these stupid family covid parties excite them?

I'll see myself out.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

My 12-year old mind thinks they might be hiding erections.  But on second thought, why would these stupid family covid parties excite them?

I'll see myself out.

my thought was that or they had a broken zipper on their pants...... 😂

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Parasites indeed. I think they will be asked to leave soon enough. The rest of the members must be tired of feeding them at the weekly potluck.

I am sure all Jill brought was the stale fruit cakes if that. I am sure she thinks her presence is a gift on its own.

If the Rods leave, Church of the Giant Neon Sign loses a third of its membership. I wonder if the Rods put money in the collection plate or just contribute "service." Unwanted services (=Jill's photography and makeup tips) and no money will make their presence wear thin. However, I don't think the church is quite ready to get rid of them yet. 

Is that Janessa in the pink jumper at the Christmas gathering? Her hair looks awful. Is it falling out? 

20 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'll see myself out.

The glow on the face of the young marrieds might be enough. Or maybe it's the thought of a handful of popcorn. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Why is there a large logo from an expensive performance car manufacturer on their wall?

It’s like they had Christmas in the center bay of a Jiffy Lube.

It was there when they bought the barndo.  It was previously owned and used as a car detailing shop, others have surmised.  Such a warm, cozy home for all those poor kids, right?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

does she ever post about the pastor preaching. we see David preaching, Phillip preaching, Samuel preaching. I can't remember if we have seen Timothy and Gabriel preaching. but seems the preachers she posts about are her "menfolk"

I don't know much about religion and church going, but do churchgoers like being preached at by teenage boys?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:
6 hours ago, rue721 said:

I also can’t believe that they are in the front pews at the candlelit service, with Jill having the audacity to stand up with her back to the pulpit to film her own family. How annoying must that be to literally everyone there?!

I think you all are probably right and this church might not be so happy with the Rods taking over. They’re like a parasite devouring a host.

I said awhile back I bet some of the original congregants start wondering what hit them with this bunch of grifters.   I think it probably starts with people feeling sorry for them, and trying to be good Christian types by donating to them and setting out the feed bags, but after a year or two of Jill's cloying keep sweet poor us act and the slow realization that Davey Boy doesn't work unless he has to - well they have to wonder what they got themselves into and will begin freeing themselves of Jill's plexus addled hold on them.  One can hope anyway.  

Tacky as hell anyway - there's older people that could have had those front row seats instead of this crew.

• Love 16

If the Rods came in and were allowed to take over my church,I'd leave! I wonder if any have done so yet?

Not defending the Rods or Jill,but sometimes older ppl like to sit in the back,to make it easier to get out when they leave,unless they're hard of hearing and need to sit up front.So Jill and Rods should be sitting in the center pews,unless no one needs to sit in the back.Jmo

I was just thinking of my Godmother,who liked to sit on the back row,as she was crippled from polio.We sat with her and helped her when it was time to go

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The glow on the face of the young marrieds might be enough. Or maybe it's the thought of a handful of popcorn. 

Had to give this part a quote all to itself! At Sammer's age, yeah, the very concept of "newlyweds" is, I'm sure, more than enough to get those speculative hormones pumping. But the addition pf that handful of popcorn made me laugh out loud!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

For a "formal" dinner party, yeah. but I'm to the point that if it's just Mr Jyn and me, or even of we have my mom or daughter &son-in-law over, it's not unusual for me to put the pots, pans and Pyrex on the kitchen counter and call it a buffet. At least everything stays hot a little longer that way than if I transfer it to serving dishes.

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, awaken said:

So, the Christmas tree, piano, laundry area, apparently the print shop storage shelves, AND their hanging-out area is all in the one room of the house?  What a strange layout. 

That's because the actual living area is taken up by that huge dining table. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, awaken said:

So, the Christmas tree, piano, laundry area, apparently the print shop storage shelves, AND their hanging-out area is all in the one room of the house?  What a strange layout. 

Jill's hair and beauty station is there too. Nothing says Christmas like the smell fresh pine, printing chemicals, laundry detergent, and hair bleach.  

18 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That's because the actual living area is taken up by that huge dining table. 

Jill grifted that table. The pastor of their current church made it if I remember correctly. It might have been someone else (not the Dinguses) but I believe Pastor NoNameNow handcrafted the table and the long benches as a gift for the Rods soon after they joined. Jill was apparently whining about how her many godly children and sweet friends had no table in their new house to gather around to praise god and to break bread. 

The dining table is ironic considering Jill's concept of family meals, but it makes an excellent workstation for the child laborers from the print shop. 

• Love 19
10 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Hope you did well???! Pretty avaricious for a supposed Christian, Jill. 

In fairness, she said, "We had a great Christmas; hope you did [had a good Christmas] as well [too]."  I doubt she correctly deployed a semicolon, though! I'm too lazy to go back and check her exact wording, so I'm just going to write it using good punctuation. 

3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

For a "formal" dinner party, yeah. but I'm to the point that if it's just Mr Jyn and me, or even of we have my mom or daughter &son-in-law over, it's not unusual for me to put the pots, pans and Pyrex on the kitchen counter and call it a buffet. At least everything stays hot a little longer that way than if I transfer it to serving dishes.

Thank you. I think everyone should dress their table as they see fit. It's unfair to suggest that an absence of festive tableware means one doesn't care for one's offspring. It was my adult children who suggested a few years back that we incorporate disposable plates/baking pans and stop transferring food to separate serving dishes at holidays. Their reasoning? Our time together is precious. Some families may love cleaning up together for hours, and that's okay for them, but we prefer watching movies and playing games! 

Edited by Portia
  • Love 24

I don't even know where to start.

The dirty washing machine, the room looks cluttered and dirty also. Where on earth are they packed into? Do they not have a living room??

I believe the pillow is actually meant to hide a certain anatomy part.........cough. Duggars do that too at times.

The wee waif who looks like a cancer victim just breaks my heart. HOW can it be that nobody interferes, takes that bitch aside and lets it rip? How?? Plus, whatever it is that she's wearing just looks odd.

I'm sure that Precious dearest Mama got the most presents. Nathan looks thrilled to be there.......not.

As far as that Church goes, they probably make up the majority of attendees - one of the many reasons I don't understand independent Churches. They are just a hotbed of egos and you need to be forever careful as to not offending anyone.  I'd love to find out what they really think of the Rodders. I'm sure even the Dingii will cop on eventually, but not before Jill bleeds them dry.

• Love 17

I kind of feel sorry for the Dingii but they might not have the wherewithal to stop Jill from shaking them down. Hopefully they will soon realize she's a narcissistic user and they will tune her out. The last church did this so there is hope they will get a clue.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, awaken said:

it is all in the "print shop" area of the barndo. so funny they claimed they were moving because they needed more room for the print shop and that now seems to be crammed in a little corner. i believe from the barndo listing, the workshop area was about 1200 square feet and they have certainly crammed every inch of it.

seems someone mentioned a while back about them asking for donations to enclose some space for a dedicated living room area

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

it is all in the "print shop" area of the barndo. so funny they claimed they were moving because they needed more room for the print shop and that now seems to be crammed in a little corner. i believe from the barndo listing, the workshop area was about 1200 square feet and they have certainly crammed every inch of it.

seems someone mentioned a while back about them asking for donations to enclose some space for a dedicated living room area

Yep.  The basic issue is that the structure in which they are living was not designed or built to be a home.  It was a business.  An auto body shop or something.  At some point, somebody decided to live there and added some plumbing, kitchen appliances and such to make a discombobulated jumble of a 'home'.  That is what Jill and Shrek purchased.  They did some remodeling, but still haven't gotten around to carving out an actual living space for the family to gather except as part of the catch-all workspace where they also do the laundry, run the printing business and where the furnace and water heater are located.  I think it shows just how much Jill and Shrek value their children and their family that they cannot be bothered to find a way for them to comfortably spend time together but they've managed to overdecorate their bathroom and add a recording studio for Jill's podcasts with no problem.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Yep.  The basic issue is that the structure in which they are living was not designed or built to be a home.  It was a business.  An auto body shop or something.  At some point, somebody decided to live there and added some plumbing, kitchen appliances and such to make a discombobulated jumble of a 'home'.  That is what Jill and Shrek purchased.  They did some remodeling, but still haven't gotten around to carving out an actual living space for the family to gather except as part of the catch-all workspace where they also do the laundry, run the printing business and where the furnace and water heater are located.  I think it shows just how much Jill and Shrek value their children and their family that they cannot be bothered to find a way for them to comfortably spend time together but they've managed to overdecorate their bathroom and add a recording studio for Jill's podcasts with no problem.

That's about it. Although I think the way the structure was laid out when the Rods bought it, a small living space was probably original to the place. There's a large open structure with a high roof which is the "print shop" + laundry area + group seating area, plus heaven knows what else they carved out of it for. I think that was the original auto-oriented workshop (detailing? custom builds? who knows?).

Then there was a large open room finished as an interior space (checkerboard black and white floor, french doors), which IMO was some kind of showroom.. It seemed big enough to display a vehicle or two as well as some desks and chairs. I think this has been subdivided into bedrooms and perhaps a bathroom or two.

Finally on the other side of the showroom from the work area, there was a smallish living space, and when the Rods bought it, it was set up that way. One decent sized bedroom with a very nice closet with California-Closet-type shelves, etc. One bathroom. A living-dining area and an open plan smallish kitchen at one end of it. 

It appeared to me to be built for a single person or a couple who had some kind of specialty car work biz and wanted to live at the business. Or maybe the living quarters were used by an employee who lived on the premises to provide increased security around the clock. 

BTW despite the "barndominium" title given in the real estate listing, I didn't see any indications in the RE listing photos that the place was used as an actual barn - with hay, feed, animals, etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

If they need money for an addition to that house, they'd better find a new church to tap. The people of the Giant Neon Sign have been squeezed dry. Jill could try a GoFundMe, but that would mean admitting God isn't providing for his favorite couple.  

The living area in the garagedo isn't much bigger than the multipurpose area. David did the plumbing, electrical, and carpentry, so nothing is permitted. Jill has decorated to feed a fire. 

As for the water heater, it looks like a 40 gallon--for three bathrooms (one original, two added), laundry, and a dishwasher. Filling Jilly's jetted bathtub (no kidding) would empty the tank. The kids probably bathe once a week if that. Nurie must be amazed to have hot water whenever she wants it. 

The top of the Rods' water heater is covered with dried floral arrangements or something. Does any sane human being decorate the top of a gas water heater? 

The only advantage I see to the purchase of this property is that it's isolated. Jilly and Davy were likely running away from authorities in WV and thought they'd be under the radar. Alas, Jilly, the narcissist, cannot stop herself from splashing everything on social media, so they can run but not hide. 

The only reasonable solution is to sell the grown daughters to rich men. That frees up space and provides money to satisfy Jill's love of stuff. 

• Love 6