Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Instead of eating lobster Jill should have been drinking Plexus for her meal and mugging for the camera.

Jill puts a Plexus post in her stories, along with the same pictures she has in her actual posts, all the time. And it’s not just one at a time, it’s multiple crap every time. Plexus seems to be an Instagram stories thing for her.

No mugging for the camera going on, but isn’t this great? 🤦‍♀️🤣

David needs this as a visual aid for his arteries, I believe.

012F4733-C7B0-4FC0-8FC2-252AA66617EC.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 7
7 hours ago, ouinason said:

I would not be surprised at all if "Nuri's" post was true.  That ministry can actually help both kids and adults who are searching for something while they sit and think about their lives.  And... a lot of people will profess new faith from a manipulative place of thinking it will get them something.  So, good for Nuri, hope she's helping someone and not being used.

I’m not sure how joining a cult is a positive.

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think its fine to introduce religious beliefs to kids and adults who are in the criminal justice system as long as its done without pressure or guilt. And you're right some good could possibly become of it, or it could possibly lead them into a Gothard type belief system, which I think most of us agree is not good.

A course on world religions would be wonderful. An introduction to ALL kinds of religion.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wouldn't have fed my daughter directly off of my clean kitchen counter, let alone in a public place!  How lazy and careless can a mother be?

Exactly! I carried a silicone mat that stuck to the table and covered the edge everywhere we went when my daughter was that age. I put her plate on top of it, but she was notorious for taking food off the plate and putting it on her mat. I disinfected that thing every time it was used. I can’t imagine just putting my child’s food on a public table. As an adult, I don’t even let my silverware touch the table, let alone food. Those poor kids. 

• Love 5

Jill doesn't believe in germ theory, we all know that. And yes someone here is going to add "you have to have germs to develop a healthy immune system" yes you do but not everywhere you go all day every day. That's just tempting fate. And stupid. Which, yes Jill is because....say it with me "Jesus".

Not disparaging Christians at all, just stupid people.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 12
34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

JillR's home sweet home looks like the lobby for a Goodwill.

That’s where she got the inspiration! Or hobby lobby.

21 minutes ago, louannems said:

My, she does like to show off her nicknacks, doesn't she?  So Much Crap!

So much dusting to do for her kids. Too much crap every where. Portly hubby must knock stuff over with his gut a lot. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Amazing. Jill has all that money to buy decorations but none to feed her kids 

Sadly feeding the kids is not important.

I wonder how much they got fed while being with the Pastor while the parents went on a vacation. I hope they at least got fed plenty of pasta. 

• Love 5
On 8/18/2020 at 9:13 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I've heard no.

Very safe to nurse and better to nurse. Proteins in breast milk are showing they prevent the virus from attacking. Very important for babies to get their mom's milk if possible.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 10/9/2020 at 8:55 AM, crazycatlady58 said:

Whats wrong with praying  before you eat in a restaurant? 

A few years ago I went out with another Christian and he always made a big deal out of praying before we ate.  I'm OK with praying before eating, but he wanted EVERYONE to know he was praying to the point it did embarrass me.  I'm also 99% sure this guy was gay, but he was so ultra-religious he couldn't / wouldn't admit it to anyone.

Now to Nurie's post.  Previledge ??  I have trouble spelling and spellcheck is a wonderful gift.  I don't post things on Instagram, but doesn't it have a spellcheck like Facebook (and Primetimer)?  Everyone finds God in prison.  The question is will they still be following Him after they get out.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

And Lard Ass is in the kitchen, of course.

Was that him?  And his voice saying I don't know what?

Now I'm reminded of Lard Ass Hogan at the pie-eating contest in Stand By Me.  Shrek would be a shoo-in winner of an eating contest.

• LOL 4

Matthew 6:5-6

So I don't understand why Jill needs to pray in public. Maybe she never read through the entire bible? Mostly it's her need to be the MOST everything. 

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah Jill, I agree. There's no place like your home. And for good reason. 😂

but there's no big money to be grifted from staying at "no place like home" so they must keep endlessly leaving home

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Did Jill say why they went to Provincetown? It’s just such an odd choice for them. 

There's a museum there. Jill posted some pictures of Hannah looking at an exhibit. They also climbed a lighthouse. At least I think it was a lighthouse. 

Cannot get over Jill having her baby eat off the table. Even if the table were clean -- you could cherish your kids A LITTLE BIT, Jill!

When I think of all the ways that my dog is better cared for than Jill's kids...I feed my dog nutritious, filling meals every day (on dishes!); I dress her in jackets/clothes that fit, are appropriate for the weather, and don't look ridiculous; she has a safe, warm, spacious place to sleep; she has lots of opportunities to play and socialize with other dogs; I give her lots of affection and one-on-one attention; I take her places where she can enjoy herself and that are appropriate for her; I enrolled her in a training class, and when she had issues with some parts of training, I consulted a behaviorist; I never, ever hit her or purposefully scare her; I don't know her birthday, but on her "Gotcha Day" I celebrate by giving her her favorite foods and a small present or two.

And I am a perfectly ordinary dog owner! Really pretty shocking.

And that's aside from the "dark child" comments, which...seriously appalling.

• Love 21
24 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Nurie and Nathan flew to Ohio. Just as the Rods got back from traveling all over the place maskless. All of these people are doomed.

Not to mention Nurie is wearing her mask on her chin in the airport, in true Rodriguez style...

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Nurie and Nathan flew to Ohio. Just as the Rods got back from traveling all over the place maskless. All of these people are doomed.

58CD2070-44AA-4769-868B-0DED4417416F.jpeg

Nurie has the mask under her chin & I’m  sure Nathan won’t be wearing his long. Don’t most airports require masks? I wonder if Jill was wearing one? Haha -j/k

• Love 3
9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Oh Jill, martyr much? 🙄

Did it escape your notice Jilly Bean that Jesus loved ALL people, regardless of their status?

Where are Nurthan going to sleep? Which unfortunate Rodlet must sleep on the floor to free up a bed and surely they won't be allowed to sleep together? Marriage or no....

Eating junk off the bare table makes me want to puke, how digusting is that? And just WHAT is that aversion to fresh healthy food? Perhaps your leaky gut wouldn't be leaking if you ate proper food, stopped taking drugs (I find the notion that Jill is a drug addict for the magic pink juice is a drug) and got your thyroid sorted you would be a more tolerable person. Kind of.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Temperance said:

Lots of posts from the Bontragers. 

The main family blog had them eating donuts.  The doughnuts are homemade and look delicious.

Allison has a post about marriage.  She doesn't have much to say. 

And Chelsy had a good summer. A lot of her family visited her. They grew tomatoes. She hung out some with her in-laws. 

Stud John's girth has expanded quite a bit suddenly😱 I'm suprised a child who's been trained since birth to not touch food would "stuff" tomatoes into his mouth all of a sudden.

And all those visits from others - just HOW are none of them ill with the virus??

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Remember the song, You Light Up My Life? That’s what plays with this picture in  Jill’s stories: 

A3051553-0914-4F63-8174-C4C295D52B70.jpeg

And they're out shopping without masks. This is why covid keeps spreading. If Nuri picked up covid in FL, she has now brought it, and is spreading it, in OH.

• Love 5

Nurie's back to grimacing and looking like she's in pain but........Jill actually looks nice here, no popping mad eyes for once. I need to sit down now with the shock of it.

Why are they shopping at all? Surely they have shops in Florida?

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Nurie's back to grimacing and looking like she's in pain but........Jill actually looks nice here, no popping mad eyes for once. I need to sit down now with the shock of it.

Why are they shopping at all? Surely they have shops in Florida?

If it weren’t for the heavy eyeliner, Jill really would look very pretty in that pic.

I wonder where Jill has N&N sleeping this week?  Will she and Lard Ass give them their bed?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

If it weren’t for the heavy eyeliner, Jill really would look very pretty in that pic.

I wonder where Jill has N&N sleeping this week?  Will she and Lard Ass give them their bed?

Maybe in the RV? Or the living/piano/laundry/boiler room?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Stud John's girth has expanded quite a bit suddenly😱 I'm suprised a child who's been trained since birth to not touch food would "stuff" tomatoes into his mouth all of a sudden.

And all those visits from others - just HOW are none of them ill with the virus??

It will happen, eventually.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, realityfan26 said:

Nurie has the mask under her chin & I’m  sure Nathan won’t be wearing his long. Don’t most airports require masks? I wonder if Jill was wearing one? Haha -j/k

Under the chin only.It would mess up her makeup.lol

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Must be burgundy day.

The whole family is color coordinated in maroon/cranberry, gray, white, and black. Every picture of Nurie and Nathan has this pose, although in some it looks more like she is trying to push her belly out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3