Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, louannems said:

I noticed Jill posts the most unflattering pics of Beloved Husband, always.

To be fair, she also posts the most unflattering pics of herself. 😉 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

My recent favorite has to be the one where she's contemplating the horizon with blue Paint dots covering her Nike! cleavage.😂

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yes, but she makes sure they are close ups of her ultra bright smile.  She thinks she is some movie star.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Looks like Carlin is back in FL, or somewhere sunny and warm. Must be nice to vacation multiple times a year. Of course not so much during a pandemic.

I don't understand how they can afford this, and isn't Evan supposed to be in school? Where exactly does their money come from ?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, louannems said:

I noticed Jill posts the most unflattering pics of Beloved Husband, always.

I don't think he can look flattering no matter how she takes a picture..lol

I have no doubt that they pray before they eat, even when in a restaurant. So I started to wonder if Jill prays out loud so everyone can hear them, or breaks out in some hymn..Just seems like something she would do..lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, AussiesRule said:

Janessa is a little doll, and thankfully she appears to be perfectly normal in every way.  I would love to see Janessa’s prenatal medical records to find out exactly what the doctor told Jill prior to her birth.  We all know that Jill exaggerates and even straight up lies.  If she lied/exaggerated regarding Janessa’s health, then she’s even more horrible than I thought.

I know Jill is an out and out liar so who knows, but Janessa “appearing” perfectly normal in every way at two years old doesn't mean much regarding any sort of health problem or developmental/mental delay. 

So did my sister, and she’s 32 and still a developmentally two year old- as such when she was actually 18months to 2yrs old she was perfectly normal in every way.**

Goodness knows if Janessa does have any sort of disablities Jill would milk it as a “Mommy Martyr” and be totally disrespectful and exploitive just as she is to her own sister for Pete’s sake.  

I can’t recall if Jill has mentioned anything regarding Janessa’s health in a while, but trust I’m sure she will have something to say.

**Im very much aware that even in the mental disability space my sister is a statistical outlier. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 10

I'm thinking its both with JillR and Janessa. I think she either intentionally overstated health issues with Janessa or unintentionally did due to not understanding what the MDs were telling her. I also think any delays, if not significant, would go unnoticed by JillR, again, either on purpose or through ignorance.

She seems very protective of her kids' images, so I'm not sure she would exploit them in the same manner as she does her sister. I mean, I realize she posted the car accident photos of the girls, but to me that's different than admitting you have a child with special needs. Especially when she'll do nothing to meet those needs.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm thinking its both with JillR and Janessa. I think she either intentionally overstated health issues with Janessa or unintentionally did due to not understanding what the MDs were telling her. I also think any delays, if not significant, would go unnoticed by JillR, again, either on purpose or through ignorance.

She seems very protective of her kids' images, so I'm not sure she would exploit them in the same manner as she does her sister. I mean, I realize she posted the car accident photos of the girls, but to me that's different than admitting you have a child with special needs. Especially when she'll do nothing to meet those needs.

Janessa is not even two yet- she’s still in the adorable stage and the only Rodriguez child who looks to be fed on a regular basis (likely because she’s the baby). Jill has no honor or sense of boundaries; she will exploit anything and everything to bring attention to herself. While fostering the heavy lifting on the older girls. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Madtown said:

I don't think he can look flattering no matter how she takes a picture..lol

I have no doubt that they pray before they eat, even when in a restaurant. So I started to wonder if Jill prays out loud so everyone can hear them, or breaks out in some hymn..Just seems like something she would do..lol.

Whats wrong with praying  before you eat in a restaurant? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Nothing. But, IMO there's something wrong with doing it in a loud ostentatious manner. Which I could see JillR and Shrek doing.

However, I don't think JillR would embellish her before-meal prayer with singing, because it would delay Shrek's digging into his food. If she's ever tried that I bet he made clear that it was an unwelcome delay, and she never did it again. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Oh, I have no problem with praying in a restaurant(been there, done that), I guess I should've made that clear. I just picture Jill being completely obnoxious about it as in trying to get people around her to join in, not realizing that not everyone is religious.

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 14
20 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Oh, I have no problem with praying in a restaurant(been there, done that), I guess I should've made that clear. I just picture Jill being completely obnoxious about it as in trying to get people around her to join in, not realizing that not everyone is religious.

oh she realizes and that is exactly why she would pray loudly. to be showy about how godly they are and then she can walk around a restaurant and hand out some tracts. we know from many pics shrek always has them in his shirt pocket

• Love 14
3 hours ago, AussiesRule said:

Even without COVID who dumps their kids food on the table? I wouldn't even do that at home let alone in a public place. That's just gross

My thoughts exactly.  Who does this in a restaurant, where you have no idea how clean the table is and who touched it before you? Why on earth would they not just ask for a plate? It’s so gross.  

• Love 14
3 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Out loud? (Enough for others to hear)

1 hour ago, Madtown said:

Or they are a different kind of religious. I wonder if Jill is aware that people worship literally thousands of different “gods” all over the world?

51 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Heading to out next church

No Heading to our Next Free Meal

Spreading disease wherever they go! This is just unbelievable to me.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

The 6 kids from the juvenile detention center were sitting ducks. It’s not like they have anywhere to run from them.

They probably get some kind of special treatment or reward for agreeing. Better food, treats....? What else do they have to do? Maybe 1 or 2 might actually feel something genuine. 

30 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

"Previledge?"

And their is spelled there. In all honesty privilage is a word I can't spell as you can see. And I'm a good speller. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

They probably get some kind of special treatment or reward for agreeing. Better food, treats....? What else do they have to do? Maybe 1 or 2 might actually feel something genuine. 

And their is spelled there. In all honest privilage is a word I can't spell as you can see. And I'm a good speller. 

I totally missed the "their-there" thing. I was distracted by the obnoxious font she used.

• LOL 9
31 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I totally missed the "their-there" thing. I was distracted by the obnoxious font she used.

I lost it at Juvenile detention center.  The random capitalization especially in that font is so jarring.  The overuse of exclamation points and emojis really adds to it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I would not be surprised at all if "Nuri's" post was true.  That ministry can actually help both kids and adults who are searching for something while they sit and think about their lives.  And... a lot of people will profess new faith from a manipulative place of thinking it will get them something.  So, good for Nuri, hope she's helping someone and not being used.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I would not be surprised at all if "Nuri's" post was true.  That ministry can actually help both kids and adults who are searching for something while they sit and think about their lives.  And... a lot of people will profess new faith from a manipulative place of thinking it will get them something.  So, good for Nuri, hope she's helping someone and not being used.

But how many will stick with it? Not saying going back to a life of trouble but go full on fundie? I do hope it helps but I don't want to see anymore Rodriguii or Duggars running around. 

I remember years ago, we had a family friend who's son went to jail. He converted to Islam because it made life easier. As soon as he got out he dropped it. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Janessa is not even two yet- she’s still in the adorable stage and the only Rodriguez child who looks to be fed on a regular basis (likely because she’s the baby). Jill has no honor or sense of boundaries; she will exploit anything and everything to bring attention to herself. While fostering the heavy lifting on the older girls. 

Janessa is 2 1/2.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

I think its fine to introduce religious beliefs to kids and adults who are in the criminal justice system as long as its done without pressure or guilt. And you're right some good could possibly become of it, or it could possibly lead them into a Gothard type belief system, which I think most of us agree is not good.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Janessa is 2 1/2.

I have to check her age before commenting about her most of the time.  Without that, I'd place her at close to 18 months.  While up to around 15 months she was making the milestones though the older she was getting the closer to the end of the time frame she was getting.  She's now reaching the point where I'm not sure she's meeting the milestones.  

Oops I posted before seeing your next post.  Sorry to be kind of contradicting.  I'm off to get the 2.5 year norms.  She's WAY behind where my granddaughter was at 22 months.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

"Previledge?"

And “there”, instead of “their”.  Poor little 5-year-old Sophia has a loofah sponge setting on top of her head and is sucking her thumb again, hoping it’ll taste like a cheeseburger.  Kaylee really is a beautiful girl.

22 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She spoke pretty clearly in the tomato video. She certainly communicated her dislike, verbally. I thought that was pretty good for her age. Well ahead of Henry Seewald.

Poor Henry needs speech therapy badly.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She spoke pretty clearly in the tomato video. She certainly communicated her dislike, verbally. I thought that was pretty good for her age. Well ahead of Henry Seewald.

That's true she was better than Henry at that age.

I got derailed but here are the 2.5 milestones.

Communication and Language Skills

says short phrases of 3-4 words

is understandable to others 50% of the time 

speaks using pronouns (I, me, you)

asks many "What?" and "Where?" questions

Movement and Physical Development 

washes and dries hands

brushes teeth with help

pulls pants up with assistance

jumps in place

throws a ball overhand

Social and Emotional Development

enjoys pretend play

starts to play with, not just alongside, other kids

can tell you when he or she needs a diaper change or has to go to the potty 

refers to himself or herself by name

Cognitive Skills (Thinking and Learning)

begins to develop a sense of humor (e.g., thinks silly things, such as a story about a barking cat, are funny)

understands the concept of one item or thing (e.g., "Give me one block.")

Most of them we probably can't tell in the limited interaction or viewing Jill shows us.  It's tough to know how much is babying her by carrying her around vs how much she's limited.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I’m sure it was up to Hannah to do everything for Janessa including changing her diapers. Hannah probably just put the food in front of Janessa.

Jill was too busy taping her beautiful hubby stuffing his face. 

Instead of eating lobster Jill should have been drinking Plexus for her meal and mugging for the camera.

• Love 2