Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Should Be Multiplied, Not Divided: General Show Discussion

• Start Topic

Back in February 2019, Robyn told Fox News that faith has been essential in keeping the peace within the union.

“It absolutely guides us in everything that we do,” she explained. “You don’t see a lot of catfights in our family, and a lot of that is because culturally and spiritually we are taught that we treat each other with charity and with love and we… go forward with a Christ-like type of attitude towards each other.”

“If we didn’t have the guidance of faith, religion or spirituality in our lives, I don’t think we’d ever be able to be functional in this kind of lifestyle,” said Kody Brown.

...um...um...

• LOL 15

5 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Back in February 2019, Robyn told Fox News that faith has been essential in keeping the peace within the union.

“It absolutely guides us in everything that we do,” she explained. “You don’t see a lot of catfishing in our family, and a lot of that is because culturally and spiritually we are taught that we treat each other with charity and with love and we… go forward with a Christ-like type of attitude towards each other. The only person this doesn't apply to is Meri.  Kody does not have to be spiritual when he is speaking about how he wishes he had never married her, because she doesn't count and he loathes her.  She had the nerve to divorce Kody, so Meri is longer part of our Christ-like family. But Kody and I tolerate the other wives and kids."

Well.  What to say to that, except it's truth!

• LOL 5

Some HAIR rewatch observations from season one, episode one (I know, I know why would I do this, in my defence  isolation makes you do desperate things and I’ve already binged watched all of tiger king on Netflix in one evening so what’s left? 😂)

So Meri had nice long hair and was fairly slim and attractive back then. She’s sure declined rapidly like Robyn has, into matronly-dressed, Michelin-man land. 
51AC1DD2-AF00-42EB-9907-9A4F2D0D05DB.thumb.jpeg.87e7d5e9ec8e3a89bc6cf57a69c8aadd.jpeg

Mykelti and Mariah’s hair was so much nicer their natural colour. They were so cute and normal looking back then!  Maddie’s emo dark hair is harsh and unflattering as usual and makes her look 40 not 14. 

59D0D0DF-89A6-4013-AE7A-AF407348427D.thumb.jpeg.c003728be818da915ebddafcb7100aae.jpeg

Aw look at pretty little natural Mykelti without all the Technicolor box hair dye mess! 

B9E056CB-DFAD-4FF6-93C4-DD4000885231.thumb.jpeg.32edb013271909ca81ceb13d26d00c4b.jpeg

Kody looked like Bruce Jenner pre-sex change. Seriously can you tell this is not Bruce from an episode of Kardashians? With that hair, it’s uncanny! 

F21A6E85-34C8-47A1-8A41-2DBA801BF177.jpeg.8b058b2f346153b131d6d0ffc4d528e3.jpeg

That’s all from me, Sofa sloth on this special recap of Sister Wives changing hair from episode one. Thank you and good night. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 12

Thanks, SofaSloth, I remember their natural hair looking much better and you saved me from having to search out pics.  Meri also looked happy at the beginning of the show and Kootie did not act like she had tricked him into a miserable marriage.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Thanks, SofaSloth, I remember their natural hair looking much better and you saved me from having to search out pics.  Meri also looked happy at the beginning of the show and Kootie did not act like she had tricked him into a miserable marriage.

I think Kootie's disdain is a result of the catfish and he has conveniently/purposefully "forgotten" the happiness in the early years in an anger because of the "betrayal" to his manhood that Meri was looking elsewhere.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Rumor has it that she dieted to look like that before the show started, not sure if that is fact or not.

Yeah,  remember reading that, who knows if it is true or not with this bunch ?

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Rumor has it that she dieted to look like that before the show started, not sure if that is fact or not.

1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

Yeah,  remember reading that, who knows if it is true or not with this bunch ?

Sounds about right! in the first episode she’s cooking salmon and asparagus as Mariah goes downstairs to Christine’s for tater tots and other fried delights. She (Meri) sanctimoniously states, that she prefers to eat healthy so she doesn’t join the fambily for dinner. Sure that was just for the appearances of the first episode. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

5 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I think Kootie's disdain is a result of the catfish and he has conveniently/purposefully "forgotten" the happiness in the early years in an anger because of the "betrayal" to his manhood that Meri was looking elsewhere.

Absolutely. They are all over each other in the first season with the nickname  ‘lover’ flying around everywhere. They appear to be pretty happy mostly and more cohesive in general as a family, I guess due to the big house/Mariah still being there, it kept Meri more connected to Kody and fambily, well that and since ol’ Habsburg Jaw wasn’t yet an official wife, Kody still gave her attention. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
I had a terrible time trying to spell Habsburg correctly. Whoops. Got it now. I think...
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

I think that when she was skinnier (season 1 and 2) her jaw was less pronounced.  Meri and Robyn were both very pretty in season 1.

Edited by smarty2020
  • Love 7

Most of us do not look prettier than we did ten years ago.

But they've always gone really overboard with bad hair cuts, unflattering hair colors, and very strange clothing choices.

For instance; the jeans with the blinged out rear pockets, and the spaghetti strap tops with a turtleneck underneath.

I could never understand why they didn't wear a cute sweater over the blouse, rather than a modesty blouse underneath.

To me, it screamed, "look at me! I'm covered up!" rather than, "look at me, I look nice today!"

• Love 17
41 minutes ago, answerphone said:

I've lost track.

Why did Kody feel he needed to leave Las Vegas, after all the work to find the perfect cul de sac homes?

(You're not allowed to answer: "because he's Kody") 😛

His story:  The kids were exposed to too many bad influences.

Truth (IMO):  The HOA told him he had to abide by the HOA rules.  My opinion is bolstered by how often Kody asked the Flagstaff realtor, "There's no HOA here, right?"

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, answerphone said:

I've lost track.

Why did Kody feel he needed to leave Las Vegas, after all the work to find the perfect cul de sac homes?

(You're not allowed to answer: "because he's Kody") 😛

There are various theories floating around why they moved.  Kody's official explanation was that they never intended to settle permanently in Las Vegas and that the time was perfect to sell because their houses had appreciated so much.  At the time (January 2018) he thought they'd sell the houses for $600,000 (they'd only paid $445,000) so they could use all that equity to move somewhere they did want to settle permanently.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

His story:  The kids were exposed to too many bad influences.

Truth (IMO):  The HOA told him he had to abide by the HOA rules.  My opinion is bolstered by how often Kody asked the Flagstaff realtor, "There's no HOA here, right?"

I agree.  I suspect the neighborhood was tired of filming and junky cars.  I also think they had balloon payments due.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, smarty2020 said:

There are various theories floating around why they moved.  Kody's official explanation was that they never intended to settle permanently in Las Vegas and that the time was perfect to sell because their houses had appreciated so much.  At the time (January 2018) he thought they'd sell the houses for $600,000 (they'd only paid $445,000) so they could use all that equity to move somewhere they did want to settle permanently.  

And there, folks, is the prime example of Kodynomics.  Financial planning that has nothing to do with reality.

1 minute ago, toodles said:

I agree.  I suspect the neighborhood was tired of filming and junky cars.  I also think they had balloon payments due.

Not to mention those pesky HOA fees.

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, answerphone said:

(You're not allowed to answer: "because he's Kody")

Running out of story ideas.  The Faux Flight From Fear got them another season so he probably thought we'd be dazzled by another move.  

Epic fail.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Just a question for you posters, if you choose to answer.

Assuming that whomever wrote it would be truthful (BIG assumption), who among Kootie & the wives, would you wish would write a tell-all book?

Same with their kids.  Which of the younger set would you most like to write a tell-all book?

I'd go with Janelle, and I'm still debating myself over which kid.

• Love 5

Hmmm, I pick Meri because want her to tell the whole truth about the catfish incident and because I bet once she gets started she would go scorched earth on all of them.

The kids are harder. One of the older boys, because I think they see Kody for what he is and would call him out. The girls seem to have daddy issues and that would be a boring read.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Assuming that whomever wrote it would be truthful (BIG assumption), who among Kootie & the wives, would you wish would write a tell-all book?

Same with their kids.  Which of the younger set would you most like to write a tell-all book?

Great question XWORD.  I think the most honest account would come from one of the older boys.  It would be interesting to hear from Logan, Garrison, Paedon or Gabe.  Three of them have been vocal about perceived injustices, I don't recall Logan giving vent to his feelings but he has expressed his displeasure by defying his father by eating pork and consuming alcohol in his presence.  He is also speaking volumes by his absence from current events.

As far as the wives are concerned, I would like to hear from Meri, if she could take an objective view of her life and motivation.  

• Love 7

I agree with your choices, Sandy W.  As for the younger kids, I'd like to hear from Savannah.  Does Kootie even know her name?  She's quiet and observant ("my Dad is a scatterbrain" and smiled when she said it) and seems to take everything in.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'd really like it if Meri dished, she has been so hurt and discarded I wouldn't blame her. Once the show is done, who knows, on the other hand by then who cares? I don't see Logan ever going there. He has distanced himself and that would only drag him down to their level. I think he has real morals and will never diss his family. The one I would like to hear from in the future is Truely. She has suffered the brunt of the whole Robochin invasion. She's been ignored, almost died, and my heart goes out to her. I'd like to read her feelings on all of this. 

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I agree with your choices, Sandy W.  As for the younger kids, I'd like to hear from Savannah.  Does Kootie even know her name?  She's quiet and observant ("my Dad is a scatterbrain" and smiled when she said it) and seems to take everything in.

Oh YES Savannah!  Everytime I look at her the expression "still waters run deep" comes to mind.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Oh YES Savannah!  Everytime I look at her the expression "still waters run deep" comes to mind.  

For me, it comes down to Gabe, Garrison, Savanah, or Truely.  Since Gabe is the latest to get yanked away from his previous achievements, I'll go with Gabe.

The reason I picked Janelle is to rilly find out what happened with Meri's brother, and hear details about what a witch Meri was to her, especially early on.  Her conversion from LDS to AUB or whatever plyg organization the Browns are in, would also interest me.  Why did she change?  What made her decide to do that?  Was it mainly her lust for Kootie?  What made her leave the family, and more importantly, what made her return?  

Meri's take on the whole mess would be interesting, too, even though I can't stand her.  Once she leaves, which I'm sure she'll do once the show is gone, she would likely spill it, but she'd still play the victim instead of the villain, IMO.  

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri's take on the whole mess would be interesting, too, even though I can't stand her.  Once she leaves, which I'm sure she'll do once the show is gone, she would likely spill it, but she'd still play the victim instead of the villain, IMO. 

Well of course.  VERY few people see themselves as the villain. Even scumbags who kill their wives and/or their kids are misunderstood and it's someone ELSE'S fault.  They only did it because:  (Insert reason). 

WAY off-topic  - I want to know if Chris Watts and Scott Peterson are ever going to be sorry for what they did.  They both wanted the "new and shiny", exciting sex with a new girlfriend, and the wife/kids were baggage.  I can't wrap my head around that as hard as I try.   

Like I said... way off-topic.  It happens with me.  A lot.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

For me, it comes down to Gabe, Garrison, Savanah, or Truely.  Since Gabe is the latest to get yanked away from his previous achievements, I'll go with Gabe.

The reason I picked Janelle is to rilly find out what happened with Meri's brother, and hear details about what a witch Meri was to her, especially early on.  Her conversion from LDS to AUB or whatever plyg organization the Browns are in, would also interest me.  Why did she change?  What made her decide to do that?  Was it mainly her lust for Kootie?  What made her leave the family, and more importantly, what made her return?  

You raise rilly interesting points Xword.  I too have wondered what motivated both Janelle and her mother to convert to a plural marriage lifestyle, discarding the tenets of the modern LDS church.  Were they generational LDS or did they adopt that and found something lacking?  The points you raise regarding Janelle's first husband, Meri's treatment of her and Janelle leaving and returning were touched on in their book but glossed over.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Well of course.  VERY few people see themselves as the villain. Even scumbags who kill their wives and/or their kids are misunderstood and it's someone ELSE'S fault.  They only did it because:  (Insert reason). 

WAY off-topic  - I want to know if Chris Watts and Scott Peterson are ever going to be sorry for what they did.  They both wanted the "new and shiny", exciting sex with a new girlfriend, and the wife/kids were baggage.  I can't wrap my head around that as hard as I try.   

Like I said... way off-topic.  It happens with me.  A lot.

I'm reading two books alternately, now (I do that a lot.)  One is about Chris Watts (free but not rilly, Kindle Unlimited.)  I watched a Lifetime movie recently about him & his family.  And back in the day, I read Amber Frey's book about Scott Peterson.  I'm with you...can't wrap my head around either case.  How they are still alive in prison and not suicidal with guilt is beyond me.  The girlfriends they used, what a terrible thing to realize you'd been sleeping with a monster. 

There are worse men than Kootie, that's for sure.  But he's still a jackass.

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

You raise rilly interesting points Xword.  I too have wondered what motivated both Janelle and her mother to convert to a plural marriage lifestyle, discarding the tenets of the modern LDS church.  Were they generational LDS or did they adopt that and found something lacking?  The points you raise regarding Janelle's first husband, Meri's treatment of her and Janelle leaving and returning were touched on in their book but glossed over.

I think for Janelle and her mom it came down to chemistry. They were both attracted to married guys who were okay with living polygamy and pursued them. Like mother, like daughter IMO. I think it was really hard on Kody's mom and that's why you see Janelle's mom (or at least hearing about it) staying in her guest house much of the time rather than living with Kody's mom as far as we know. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

It could have come down to chemistry for Janelle, but what I can't get past is that she knew Meri and Kody before she married Kody - there was an established relationship already there, both as friends and as relatives.  Janelle claims that she didn't know a gosh-darn thing about polygamy (lie).  But if Janelle already knew Meri, she HAD to have known Meri's personality to some extent -perhaps not the horrible controlling shrew that Meri became, but Janelle couldn't have been blind to how much Meri adored Kody.  And Kody, also a new convert to polygamy - how did he decide that it was a good idea to marry his wife's former sister-in-law in the first place?  Man, there is something to this whole setup and it gnaws at me since we don't know the whole scoop.

I wonder if Meri was the one to push Janelle into Kody's path, thinking that Kody wouldn't really love a woman who had already been sullied by marriage to another man, thus giving Meri the lion share of Kody's attention?  But why would Meri do that to her own brother?  And why would Kody agree to it?  If he's new to polygamy, it seems illogical that he'd take a former relative as a second wife, KNOWING that it would have to cause a ton of tension between his wives before the ink was even dry on the marriage certificate.  And while I realize that it's common for a polygamist man to marry sisters, or cousins, etc., Kody was new to it.  It's not like he was an established and sought-after plyg guy - was he?

GAHH!!  I need answers!!

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think for Janelle and her mom it came down to chemistry. They were both attracted to married guys who were okay with living polygamy and pursued them. Like mother, like daughter IMO. I think it was really hard on Kody's mom and that's why you see Janelle's mom (or at least hearing about it) staying in her guest house much of the time rather than living with Kody's mom as far as we know. 

I just googled and found that Janelle came from a long line of Mormons, so there must have been some calling, no doubt chemistry as you mention.

When googling, I was also reminded that there was a 3rd wife of Winn Brown, Bobbie, who he seems to have taken as his second wife before Sheryl, Janelle's mom.  There have been vague references to Bobbie on the show, I believe it was mentioned that she was camera shy and didn't want to be filmed.  I wonder if both Bobbie and Sheryl stayed mainly in the guest house or was it only Sheryl.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If he's new to polygamy, it seems illogical that he'd take a former relative as a second wife, KNOWING that it would have to cause a ton of tension between his wives before the ink was even dry on the marriage certificate. 

I don't believe Kootie has the ability to analyze anythingk to that degree.  He's perennially a teenage boy lusting after anything that pays him one bit of attention.  He doesn't give a rat's patootie who he hurts or what issues it will cause as long as he gets the adulation god tells him he so richly deserves.

• Love 11
On 4/28/2020 at 7:23 AM, xwordfanatik said:

Her conversion from LDS to AUB or whatever plyg organization the Browns are in Kody created and modified according to his whims would also interest me.  

Fixed it for ya!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 4/28/2020 at 5:27 PM, Sandy W said:

I just googled and found that Janelle came from a long line of Mormons, so there must have been some calling, no doubt chemistry as you mention.

When googling, I was also reminded that there was a 3rd wife of Winn Brown, Bobbie, who he seems to have taken as his second wife before Sheryl, Janelle's mom.  There have been vague references to Bobbie on the show, I believe it was mentioned that she was camera shy and didn't want to be filmed.  I wonder if both Bobbie and Sheryl stayed mainly in the guest house or was it only Sheryl.

I seem to remember it was Bobbie that Genielle had friction  with, but Sheryl was that magic 3rd wife which eased troubled waters, and she and sheyl5got on ok

• Useful 3
On 4/27/2020 at 2:16 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

That's a really hard choice, but I think I'd have to go with Meri and Logan.

Me too, if Meri would be completely honest.  Better hopes with Logan being honest.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, CocoPuffs said:

I remember Genielle saying she took care of the kids and somebody else took care of Winn. Must’ve been Bobbie. How horrible is that?  I also got the impression she wasn’t too fond of Sheryl either. I know I wouldn’t be. 

Let’s face it. Nobody’s cut out for polygamy. They couldn’t even get it right in the Bible. 

I just watched S2Ep2 and it was Sheryl, Janelle's mom, who "took care" of Winn, traveled with him etc. Genielle admits to jealousy. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I just watched S2Ep2 and it was Sheryl, Janelle's mom, who "took care" of Winn, traveled with him etc. Genielle admits to jealousy. 

You would think that with Kody's own bio mom publicly admitting to jealousy, he would be more aware of the sensitivities of his own wives.  But no, I guess he thinks those are "women's problems" and they should just sort it out themselves and not bother him, while he blithely carries on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 4/28/2020 at 4:02 AM, xwordfanatik said:

I agree with Janelle as I want to hear ALL the dirt on exactly how much emotional abuse she copped from Meri. 

I would choose Savannah for kid tell-all. She is the youngest and most introverted girl child, of one of the least favored wives, putting her dead last on Kody’s attention radar.  Sadly, she was probably the apple of Kody’s eye as the youngest for so long, then Truly came along, at the same time as Robyn and her kids, effectively rendering Savannah an overlooked ignored middle-child, seemingly overnight. She’s also young enough to have grown-up on camera and gone through ALL the stupid moves her parents put her through for plot-lines (unlike someone of the older kids). I seem to recall her being quite spirited and chatty in very early seasons and she quickly changed to a shy child we heard rarely from so I’d like to know how going through all this in childhood affected her. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Typo
  • Love 6

I want to hear from Logan. He was the first child to completely bail on the show, and his relationship with Kody never seemed very good. I think he is mouthy enough to be honest. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Logan for the kid.  He's been there since the very beginning, and has observed a great deal of the drama the wives have tried to cover up.  

As for the wives, well, I don't trust any of them enough to write a true tell-all. What with all of the walls, the feelingks of being unsafe, the complete shutting down of the self, and the queen of Darkness being too deep into her own shenanigans, none of them are up to the task.

But Logan?  Yeah, my money's on him to absolutely blister Kootie.  However, I don't think it will ever happen because he has too much honor, and he would want to protect his mom, too.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Love 8
On 4/19/2020 at 2:40 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Nothing wrong with that. Too bad she didn't keep up with it. She had pretty hair. It's such a fried dry mess now and I don't like the way she styles it. It kinda looks like she want her hair to look like Kodys. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Logan for the kid.  He's been there since the very beginning, and has observed a great deal of the drama the wives have tried to cover up.  

As for the wives, well, I don't trust any of them enough to write a true tell-all. What with all of the walls, the feelingks of being unsafe, the complete shutting down of the self, and the queen of Darkness being too deep into her own shenanigans, none of them are up to the task.

But Logan?  Yeah, my money's on him to absolutely blister Kootie.  However, I don't think it will ever happen because he has too much honor, and he would want to protect his mom, too.

I agree, none of the wives can really be trusted with a tell-all, but IF one of them left Kody, I might be interested in what they have to say. Can't see Janelle ever finishing a book, but perhaps with a ghostwriter, she could manage. Christine's would be rose-colored, and Meri's and Robyn's would be completely self-serving, imo.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I agree, none of the wives can really be trusted with a tell-all, but IF one of them left Kody, I might be interested in what they have to say. Can't see Janelle ever finishing a book, but perhaps with a ghostwriter, she could manage. Christine's would be rose-colored, and Meri's and Robyn's would be completely self-serving, imo.

It would never happen because despite Kody being a first class douche - he's their children's father.  It would most likely hurt the kids, so therefore it's not worth it.  I wouldn't do it.

• Love 14