Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Should Be Multiplied, Not Divided: General Show Discussion

• Start Topic

On 5/1/2020 at 6:39 AM, Kellyee said:

I want to hear from Logan. He was the first child to completely bail on the show, and his relationship with Kody never seemed very good. I think he is mouthy enough to be honest. 

I don't think he bailed on the show, I think life just happened.  He was busy in school and busy working his way through school.  Plus he has his own relationship.  

On 4/28/2020 at 10:53 AM, DakotaJustice said:

staying in her guest house much of the time rather than living with Kody's mom as far as we know. 

I think all three of Winn's wives had their own homes.

On 4/27/2020 at 1:02 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Just a question for you posters, if you choose to answer.

Assuming that whomever wrote it would be truthful (BIG assumption), who among Kootie & the wives, would you wish would write a tell-all book?

Same with their kids.  Which of the younger set would you most like to write a tell-all book?

I'd go with Janelle, and I'm still debating myself over which kid.

Such a tough question.  I do believe Meri would dish a lot of dirt, (real or imagined).  But I don't think she would ever tell the truth about the catfish debacle.   She would have left them in a NY minute for all that money that Sam had.  But I also think Kody making her get a divorce (yes I believe Robyn demanded to be the legal wife)  left her devastated and heart broken. Christine might possibly tell how horrible she felt being pregnant with what was her last child and her husband is off with another woman whom he has fallen head over heals in lust, i mean love with.  The issue about the wedding dress and kissing before he married Robyn, made her feel cheated on.  I'm not sure if Janelle would write anything, but yes I would want the dirt on how Meri treated her.  How much they had to let her have her way.  Robyn, would say how bad she was treated, when everyone didn't welcome her with open arms.  Was she really naive enough to believe that they were happy about her taking up most of Kody's time?  

As far as the kids, who knows.  I don't think any of the kids would want to put their mothers on Kody's sh*t list.

• Love 4
On 4/27/2020 at 2:02 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Assuming that whomever wrote it would be truthful (BIG assumption), who among Kootie & the wives, would you wish would write a tell-all book?

I honestly don't think any of the Browns would know the truth if it bit them in the ass.  Their existence has been living one gigantic lie complete with embellishments for the cameras.  And I think that has been the focus so long that even in private they can't divorce themselves from that script.  And we know how they rewrite history to fit their bizarre reality - see creepy painting episode for reference.

As for the kids, Logan has been gone a long time and a favored kid might have a different view than, say, one of the Forgotten Boys.  So versions of the truth might differ per kid.  Plus, I wouldn't want to put any of them through the heartbreak of reliving life with their idiot parents while writing something!

• Love 8

None of the wives could write a decent book for various reasons:

• Meri's "walls" would get in the way, as would her "fillin's."
  • Janelle would get side-tracked into discussions of rock-star page numbers and fonts.  She never finishes anything she starts - why would a book be any different?
  • Christine would start whispering every time she was discussing something serious, and the type would be too small to read.
  • Robyn would have to hire someone to do the actual writing, because she doesn't get up until noon and spends the rest of the day puttin' Kody in his place.  She'd hire a ghost writer, and her total involvement would be to direct the writer to, "Do some research and write a book about our whole lives.  I'll design a cover." 
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

None of the wives could write a decent book for various reasons:

• Robyn would have to hire someone to do the actual writing, because she doesn't get up until noon and spends the rest of the day puttin' Kody in his place.  She'd hire a ghost writer, and her total involvement would be to direct the writer to, "Do some research and write a book about our whole lives.  I'll design a cover." 

So in other words, like their previous book 🤔😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 4/27/2020 at 2:02 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Which of the younger set would you most like to write a tell-all book?

Hands down, Gabe. No comparison.

Of the wives, Meri. Most likely to tell at least a smidgen of the truth. Christine's would be more interesting, but I can't see her doing anything but sugarcoating. Janelle would be a bunch of platitudes about how great everything was because she could just sit in her Lazyboy all day. Robyn? Just no.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Christine might possibly tell how horrible she felt being pregnant with what was her last child and her husband is off with another woman whom he has fallen head over heals in lust, i mean love with.  The issue about the wedding dress and kissing before he married Robyn, made her feel cheated on. 

But Christine felt totally fine when she was the young, new wife dating Kody while Janelle and Meri sat at home. Christine just didn't like it when karma bit her in the ass. Polygamy is messed up all around. No one benefits but the husband, who can keep trading in old cow for new cow, while keeping old cow around to do the housework.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

But Christine felt totally fine when she was the young, new wife dating Kody while Janelle and Meri sat at home. Christine just didn't like it when karma bit her in the ass. Polygamy is messed up all around. No one benefits but the husband, who can keep trading in old cow for new cow, while keeping old cow around to do the housework.

Well that's just wrong.  I was never an old "cow".  Don't you see my icon?   Fluffy and springy little sheep fur?

• LOL 17

If there were no Kody (and no, Kody, no matter what you might think, the world would still keep spinning) do you think any combination of these wives might have been friends?  Suppose they met at a night class or were neighbors or sitting in the stands at their kids' sporting events, would any of them become buddies?  I can see Robyn and Christine having a margarita together but otherwise no.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

If there were no Kody (and no, Kody, no matter what you might think, the world would still keep spinning) do you think any combination of these wives might have been friends?  Suppose they met at a night class or were neighbors or sitting in the stands at their kids' sporting events, would any of them become buddies?  I can see Robyn and Christine having a margarita together but otherwise no.

I can see a situation where Janelle’s kid met Christine’s kid at school/chruch, and Christine inviting them over to play. Janelle seeing how good Christine was at caregiving and hiring her to be the after school babysitter for her brood and them being friendly that way. I could also see Christine calling Janelle if she needed help with an “adulting” situation- like finding someone to fix the roof, trusting Janelle in that manner. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

I could see Christine and Janelle friendly within their church group and mingling their children for play dates.

• Love 7

With no Kody, it might have been possible for Meri and Janelle to have remained friends and sisters-in-law.  Meri would have maintained some cordiality to her brother's wife, and Janelle's and her childcare wouldn't have been as intetwined.  Plus, they'd have their own kitchens.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

With no Kody, it might have been possible for Meri and Janelle to have remained friends and sisters-in-law.  Meri would have maintained some cordiality to her brother's wife, and Janelle's and her childcare wouldn't have been as intetwined.  Plus, they'd have their own kitchens.  

Has it ever been established which came first?  The breakdown of Janelle's first marriage over incompatibility or her finding Kody so irresistibly attractive that she threw aside her marriage and set her sights on Meri's husband.

Either way, I don't see Meri accepting Janelle after the breakdown of her marriage, unless it was Meri's brother who tossed Janelle aside.  Meri may have under that circumstance felt some affinity to Janelle, but not to the extent that she would have welcomed her into her marriage.

If Janelle and Meri's brother had remained married, I could see Meri being polite to her at family gatherings but I don't think they have enough in common that they could ever become real friends.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Has it ever been established which came first?  The breakdown of Janelle's first marriage over incompatibility or her finding Kody so irresistibly attractive that she threw aside her marriage and set her sights on Meri's husband.

Either way, I don't see Meri accepting Janelle after the breakdown of her marriage, unless it was Meri's brother who tossed Janelle aside.  Meri may have under that circumstance felt some affinity to Janelle, but not to the extent that she would have welcomed her into her marriage.

If Janelle and Meri's brother had remained married, I could see Meri being polite to her at family gatherings but I don't think they have enough in common that they could ever become real friends.

Piecing it from memory...

Kody mentioned that meeting Meri, courting, engaged to the marriage date was about 6 months.  They married in April of 1990, so that puts the start of it around November 1989.

Janelle has said that she knew Meri before Meri met Kody, and when Janelle first laid eyes on Kody she had the magickal spark of "like I remembered something I had forgotten". There is a picture of Janelle standing next to Kody on Meri/Kody's wedding day and in the book I believe that she said that her and her 1st husband had married and decided to separate only 9 months or so into the marriage, but during the divorce they still went places together, including Meri/Kody's wedding.  The photo is cropped tight, I am assuming to cut him out of the photo standing next to her.

Without knowing Janelle's original wedding date the first time it isn't easy to put an exact timeline together, but her becoming star struck with Kody happened very very close to what could be the final push to decide she doesn't want to be married to her first husband anymore. The book and the show has obviously glossed over the whole fact that Janelle and Meri were friends and sister's in law and then Janelle got the great idea to change religions and go after "the best guy I know" and pursue Kody by always "hanging out" with his family and putting herself into his radar.  They made it seem like fighting over the kitchen dishes and folding towels is what put Meri and Janelle on a life long path of feuding, but they never mention the obvious when Janelle pushed herself into Meri and Kody's marriage.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, Roslyn said:

They made it seem like fighting over the kitchen dishes and folding towels is what put Meri and Janelle on a life long path of feuding, but they never mention the obvious when Janelle pushed herself into Meri and Kody's marriage.

The more I think about this, the more I think Janelle deserved to bear the brunt of Meri's rage. Meri must have been pissed as hell at Kody too, but deflected it onto Janelle. Maybe Janelle put up with Meri's behavior because at some deep level, she felt guilty for invading Meri's marriage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

Reddit must have its own Sofa Sloth...someone there posted a meme of the Sister Wives as men, and Kootie as a woman.  So funny!  Of course Robyn makes the most convincing guy.  Some of the comments (none from me) are golden.  Snarky stuff.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

The more I think about this, the more I think Janelle deserved to bear the brunt of Meri's rage. Meri must have been pissed as hell at Kody too, but deflected it onto Janelle. Maybe Janelle put up with Meri's behavior because at some deep level, she felt guilty for invading Meri's marriage.

Meri's feeling of hostility against Janelle were probably alleviated by the fact that Janelle had a full-time job.  This enabled Meri to take off from her part-time position for getaway business trips with Kody, leaving Janelle to keep the home fires burning in the single wide. 

If there is blame to be assigned, it should fall squarely on Kody, who was in no position to answer his "calling" by responding to overtures by Janelle.  He was not able to provide even a modicum of privacy for either wife and I often wonder why Meri didn't express her power of veto on this particular choice for a wife.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Meri's feeling of hostility against Janelle were probably alleviated by the fact that Janelle had a full-time job.  This enabled Meri to take off from her part-time position for getaway business trips with Kody, leaving Janelle to keep the home fires burning in the single wide. 

If there is blame to be assigned, it should fall squarely on Kody, who was in no position to answer his "calling" by responding to overtures by Janelle.  He was not able to provide even a modicum of privacy for either wife and I often wonder why Meri didn't express her power of veto on this particular choice for a wife.

Right, Kody really is to blame here more than anyone else. He even met with Janelle without Meri knowing about it at first--to discuss his "calling" and Janelle's "testimony" that she should be his wife. When couched in religious tenets, it would be very difficult for Meri to veto it--especially her being a relative newlywed and still in love. 

Kody's father wanted Janelle to marry Kody's brother, but she said no, Kody was her choice. Also, Meri and Kody's first choice for another wife had fallen through shortly before this--so I can see how Meri was less than thrilled about Janelle.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Sort of agree with you.  I believe they met several times behind Meri's back.  I believe they had discussed it and decided on getting married before telling Meri.  I really don't believe they have a choice about the wives that the husband takes on, unless everyone is getting a bad vibe about someone.  

In order to keep the show going they really need to take on another wife.  

• Love 7

I wonder if Kody is ever introspective enough to look at the Darger family and ask himself, where did I go wrong? 

Joe Darger married twin sisters on the same day and 10 years later married their cousin, who brought her 5 children with her from her previous marriage.  Together they have 25 children and 17-18 grandchildren.  The wives are all attractive, slender women and fashionably dressed. Two of the wives operate their own business outside the family home and the other wife works part-time from home.  Joe is now a building contractor and real estate investor and has provided a home large enough to accommodate all.  The house they live in may not be as ostentatious as Kody had in mind for his plyg palace but it seems to work for them, they even share a kitchen and communal living areas.  Joe rotates his "visitation" nights from one bedroom to the next and they all openly display affection when the mood strikes without fear of resentment.  The concept of polygamy is fascinating to me and beyond anything I could ever imagine myself living, but if a family feels the calling, the Dargers seem to have it worked it out to the point that it probably runs as smoothly as many monogamous families.

The Darger family stood their ground in Utah and were instrumental in having the laws changed to have polygamy decriminalized, they did not put their tails between their legs and run like thieves in the night.  As I recall, they only had one season on TLC and can only assume the Brown's were chosen for a continuing series as they were willing to present real and imagined drama for the sake of Easy Money.

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, CocoPuffs said:

If I recall correctly, Joe married one of the twins and her cousin on the same day and the other twin years later. I get what you’re saying though. 

You are right Cocopuffs, he married Vicki one of the twins and Alina the cousin on the same day.  Val, the other twin, had been married to Joe's uncle before joining the family menage.  Thanks for that, it's all still pretty icky to me.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder if Kody is ever introspective enough to look at the Darger family and ask himself, where did I go wrong? 

Doubtful.  I think that when Kody sees Joe, he just smarms to himself that at least he has way better hair than ol' baldie over there.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Joe Darger married twin sisters on the same day and 10 years later married their cousin, who brought her 5 children with her from her previous marriage.  Together they have 25 children and 17-18 grandchildren.  The wives are all attractive, slender women and fashionably dressed. Two of the wives operate their own business outside the family home and the other wife works part-time from home.  Joe is now a building contractor and real estate investor and has provided a home large enough to accommodate all.  The house they live in may not be as ostentatious as Kody had in mind for his plyg palace but it seems to work for them, they even share a kitchen and communal living areas.  Joe rotates his "visitation" nights from one bedroom to the next and they all openly display affection when the mood strikes without fear of resentment.  The concept of polygamy is fascinating to me and beyond anything I could ever imagine myself living, but if a family feels the calling, the Dargers seem to have it worked it out to the point that it probably runs as smoothly as many monogamous families.

The Darger family stood their ground in Utah and were instrumental in having the laws changed to have polygamy decriminalized, they did not put their tails between their legs and run like thieves in the night.  As I recall, they only had one season on TLC and can only assume the Brown's were chosen for a continuing series as they were willing to present real and imagined drama for the sake of Easy Money.

If you ever read the book "Love Times Three", you will find it wasn't easy for them either.  Even when Val married in I think Vicki says in the book she had recently had a child and was in a bad place mentally and had a lot of issues.  If I am remembering correctly Papa Joe bumped heads with some of Val's older boys, which is understandable, when it comes to older step kids.  They don't want someone else telling them what to do.  Yes the wives all take turns working outside the home and one is always at home.  I believe it is sort of like the Browns, each doing something to help support themselves, but not really an actual job where you would get benefits.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

One of my favorite moments on the show was when the Dargers/Browns went on a trip together and the adults were all around the table discussing the mission statement idea.  One of the Darger wives said that "if you ever have to do another reset, you should consider sharing a kitchen again" and Kody made the "oooh, that's abuse" comment.  Meri asked them...."but. but. what do you do about the decorating of the kitchen??" and the Darger wife put her right in her place that "what we are doing is bigger than choosing decorations..."

Snap. Crackle. Burn!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, CocoPuffs said:

If I recall correctly, Joe married one of the twins and her cousin on the same day and the other twin years later. I get what you’re saying though. I guess if you are going to be “called” to this lifestyle, this is the way to do it. I bet Meri hates she missed out on big  ol’ skeevy Joe, lol. And you cannot tell me that he hasn’t gotten down with at least two of the wives at the same time. (Sorry, brain bleach time.) Joe seems to really be in charge (not just saying it) and I’m sure the women do whatever he wants.

Robyn wouldn’t like this family because she wouldn’t be the skinny one. They seem pretty serious and orderly so Christine would probably catch flack for being too goofy. Janelle probably couldn’t get away with just hanging out in the Lazy Boy all day ... they probably chose well with Kody.

Personally, I think Joe - along with all the other polygamous males I’ve read about - is gross. I think I’d take a laid back plyg leader over a strict one. And that’s even with Kody being the undisputed king of ewww

While I would never consider being a polygamist I think I would prefer someone who would lead in a logical manner. There are probably a lot of problems in Joe's family but they are not bleeding money as Kodys family seems to be doing and the kids haven't been rushed out of town for no reason. On the other hand Kodys kids probably have the freedom to believe as they wish. I would want more stability than Kody seems to give his family.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:
6 hours ago, CocoPuffs said:

While I would never consider being a polygamist I think I would prefer someone who would lead in a logical manner.

Therein lies the rub. I would never in a million sign on to be "led" by anybody.  I'm sure that's the case even in many monogamist families but I'm a sentient, intelligent woman and have no need for that kind of crap. 

But then I grew up in a family where my parents were respectful of each other and discussed issues and decisions from big to small. And my mom was a strong and self reliant role model - she and my four aunts (most born in the 1920's) were liberated women long before it became a thing.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Therein lies the rub. I would never in a million sign on to be "led" by anybody.  I'm sure that's the case even in many monogamist families but I'm a sentient, intelligent woman and have no need for that kind of crap. 

But then I grew up in a family where my parents were respectful of each other and discussed issues and decisions from big to small. And my mom was a strong and self reliant role model - she and my four aunts (most born in the 1920's) were liberated women long before it became a thing.

True, but your family had one dad and one mom. Their family has one dad three moms. I think in that case you do need someone to ' lead' , which may not be the best word, or you would not get anything done.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

True, but your family had one dad and one mom. Their family has one dad three moms. I think in that case you do need someone to ' lead' , which may not be the best word, or you would not get anything done.

Yes I agree. We see this in small vs big nuclear families. When you are a family of 2 or 3 people you can ASK “what time do you want to eat breakfast?”, when you are a family of 5 or 6 people you have to say “Breakfast is at 7am.”

The Dragers are well organized and disciplined in a way the Browns never were, but I do think the Brown kids had more freedom to be “themselves” even if it didn’t fit into the mold. I recall once was it Garrison that was correcting little Soloman, and the parents said “we don’t like kids correcting kids”, Garrison gave back talk and they dealt with it in an appropriate way. But Garrison did have the mental and emotional freedom TO disagree while still being told he was wrong and to stay in his place. Again we only saw the Dragers for a little while compared to the Browns for all these years. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I recall once was it Garrison that was correcting little Soloman, and the parents said “we don’t like kids correcting kids..." But Garrison did have the mental and emotional freedom TO disagree while still being told he was wrong and to stay in his place.

Oh, but kids (Logan, Aspyn, Maddie, not Mariah) can cook for kids and feed them and clean up afterward, and kids can bathe kids and get them dressed, and do laundry, and supervise homework, and rake and mow and shovel snow, and...

But don't correct them, that's OUR job as PARENTS. Pffftt.

Total hypocritical bullshit. I was free labor as a house servant and child tender from the age of 9 until I left home at 18. Hated it then, hate it on my TV screen now.

You should have as many kids as you can care for. 

• Love 23
32 minutes ago, suomi said:

Oh, but kids (Logan, Aspyn, Maddie, not Mariah) can cook for kids and feed them and clean up afterward, and kids can bathe kids and get them dressed, and do laundry, and supervise homework, and rake and mow and shovel snow, and...

Total hypocritical bullshit. I was free labor as a house servant and child tender from the age of 9 until I left home at 18. Hated it then, hate it on my TV screen now.

I value your experiences and your opinion, and there may be cultural differences at play- I was responsible for caregiving duties (not all the time, my mom did hire professional help- but they didn’t live in or work 24/7) for my sister and grandfather, but that didn’t make me an authority figure in the home until I was an adult. My mom’s word was still law. She trusted me to keep my sister safe from harm and of course I was allowed to defend myself against her tantrums but SHE was the parent at the end of the day. 

Caregiving duties aren’t the same as discipline to me. From that scene I didn’t think they expected Garrison to just let Solomon hit him with impunity, but restrain the small child safely and then let the parent deal with it. Of course I had OPINIONS (because I’m a human being with a brain), but I couldn’t act like I was another authority figure in the home. 

Again my own life experiences may be coloring how I see it. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, suomi said:

That's the scary part about these cults.  I was watching an episode of Escaping Polygamy where one of the girls went to work at age 14 because her parent was the leader, worked both the night shift and the day shift with one hour of sleep in between to sleep because "she was young and could take it", had to pay rent out of her paycheck and then turn what was left over to her parents.  Prophet forbid she should speak up or she'd have been sent somewhere to repent and put to work even longer hours.  So "parenting" in the cult has a whole different flavor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, suomi said:

Obviously, the last line above (which I completely agree with) didn't resonate with these idiots.  Robyn just HAD to have a live-in niece to do her work.  I can guess that was the reason that Christine said NO to one house.  She would have ended up taking care of King Sol and Areola while Robyn slept til noon and took off on trips with Kootie whenever.  

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I recall once was it Garrison that was correcting little Soloman, and the parents said “we don’t like kids correcting kids”,

Robyn wouldn't stand for one of the other mom's kids correcting her kid.  If Garrison had corrected Truely, I doubt anyone would have blinked an eyelash.  

• Love 16
54 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Robyn wouldn't stand for one of the other mom's kids correcting her kid.  If Garrison had corrected Truely, I doubt anyone would have blinked an eyelash.  

I had not thought about that, that is a good point. 

• Love 4
On 8/12/2020 at 6:29 PM, Kohola3 said:

Brava! Well said.

Edited by Teafortwo
typo
  • Love 5
On 8/13/2020 at 9:17 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I think that is what Meri liked so much about Joe.  That he liked everything neat and orderly and on time.  One thing you can say about Meri Is she gets things done.  When they were helping Robyn move from St. George to Lehi, Meri seemed like a one woman show.  At least Meri's house looked decent most of the time.  Which is why they had most of their meetings there.  It was probably camera ready most of the time.  Not sure where she seems to get all that energy from.

• Love 8
On 8/13/2020 at 10:34 AM, Scarlett45 said:

From that scene I didn’t think they expected Garrison to just let Solomon hit him with impunity, but restrain the small child safely and then let the parent deal with it.

I thought he was trying to hit Gwendelyn?  Which is why Garrison said something to him.  I would need to go back and watch that episode, I think they were in Alaska.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I thought he was trying to hit Gwendelyn?  Which is why Garrison said something to him.  I would need to go back and watch that episode, I think they were in Alaska.

I’m not sure I was getting ready for work. Yes it was the Alaska episodes. 

56 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I think that is what Meri liked so much about Joe.  That he liked everything neat and orderly and on time.  One thing you can say about Meri Is she gets things done.  When they were helping Robyn move from St. George to Lehi, Meri seemed like a one woman show.  At least Meri's house looked decent most of the time.  Which is why they had most of their meetings there.  It was probably camera ready most of the time.  Not sure where she seems to get all that energy from.

I was not the original poster of the statement you quoted. Tagging @crazycatlady58 so she sees. 

• Love 1

I watched a few shows from Season 2 and realized I missed a lot when I originally watched it. I didn’t remember all of the passive aggressiveness that early on. For example:

• Robyn talking about Christine after she just had Truely—I’ve heard it’s much harder to recover from having a baby when you’re older.
  • Meri talking to Kody—Do you like the way the tables are arranged?  Robyn likes it that way, but I don’t like it. 

I’ve got to watch some more episodes, it was diverting to watch for the little jabs. And yes, I am extremely bored, why do you ask?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Now I'm going to have to watch some old episodes, Kbo.  Knowing what we know now adds a layer of insight we didn't have 10 years ago.  I originally watched while checking email, surfing the Internet, etc., so probably missed much of the dialog while merely trying to follow the crazy plot.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5

I think it would be fascinating to watch one or more of the “wives” leave Kody and settle in as fourth or fifth wives in other polygamous families - maybe even the sAme family - or a family on another TLC show.  Has Christine lost enough weight to belong to Joe Darger?  If not, the Brady guy might be game.  

What about one of the families from the community built into that rock?  Also, maybe two of Kody’s daughters could go to one of the above-mentioned families.  There’s bound to be some money/ratings in crossovers.  

Possibly one of the “wives” could leave and get two husbands of her own.  Cha-Ching. Or one of the wives could leave the FLDS faith for the Christian faith - or become an atheist.  And why not?  If they’re gonna make up plot lines, make up something spectacular.  Why are we watching people fight over nonexistent property lines?

Or one of Kody’s sons could start a harem of his own.  They could begin an American Idol type competition.  Would that be any different, really, than how Kody and Robyn met?  And it has a 90 Day Fiancé vibe.  Gold.

Or Mariah could enter polygamy.  Maybe one of the Darger/Brady daughters is gay and of age?  

There’s a wealth of possibilities for fake plot lines, yet we have actually been witness to Robyn and Kody looking for pillows in the back of a U-haul.  If they can make up a fake adoption, they can surely brainstorm an entire season based on Tony and Mykelti taking on one her sibling’s exes - which has worked for this family before.  Ahem.  
Someone is just not trying hard enough.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Kbo said:

I watched a few shows from Season 2 and realized I missed a lot when I originally watched it. I didn’t remember all of the passive aggressiveness that early on. For example:

• Robyn talking about Christine after she just had Truely—I’ve heard it’s much harder to recover from having a baby when you’re older.
  • Meri talking to Kody—Do you like the way the tables are arranged?  Robyn likes it that way, but I don’t like it. 

I’ve got to watch some more episodes, it was diverting to watch for the little jabs. And yes, I am extremely bored, why do you ask?

Yes!  That was such a dig on Christine.  Hopefully Christine zinged Robyn when she was at least that old punching out Areola (I'm guessing but weren't they both late 30's with their last kids?)

Robyn's been a snake from 'day 1.'  She got her Victoria Secret hooks into Kootie, and I don't buy her story that they waited until their wedding to do the horizontal mambo.  Robyn couldn't wait to get her chin on TV and get her bills paid.  Her mother telling her to 'get her scent out there' was just gross.  And her creepy stepfather watching her give birth, and taking 'pitchers?'  Sick.

• Love 16

I guess I was more naive back then, because I gave her the benefit of the doubt for far too long. Watching the episodes again, I don’t know how I didn’t see it 🤦‍♀️.  Especially her protesting that she’s looking really hard for a job right after she married Kody.  Uh-huh, like she ever intended to work a menial job again. Sure, Jan. 

• Love 9

I was just on reddit on a sister wives thread.  The photo ( which i'm not sure how to post a picture) is hilarious.  Someone used that app that changes you from a woman to a man or the other way around.  Needless to say Kody is an odd looking woman.  Janelle's is average, Christine's well I'm just not sure what to say probably average but looks like someone I've seen before.  Meri's looks pretty good.  As much as it pains me to say this, Robyn looks pretty good as a man, hers is probably the best of the bunch.  Not sure what the name of that app is but I would like to get it and try it for myself.  I probably would look as equally bad as a man as I do now.  😂  The title of the thread is Introducing Brother Wives-Sister Wives Reboot.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Christine's well I'm just not sure what to say probably average but looks like someone I've seen before.

I see a strong resemblance to Robin Williams in Christine's photo.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4