Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Snark Should Be Multiplied, Not Divided: General Show Discussion

Recommended Posts


7 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I tried this, too.  I looked very much like my nephew.

Robyn's pic looks like the actor Orlando Bloom to me:

image.png.07f02f17e077b66c28f6c09156651586.png

Orlando is far too “facially blessed” to be compared to Robin’s photo 🤣
 

For real- I don’t think any of the Brown women are “bad looking” per se. I think Christine and Janelle have the most feminine faces, and Meri looks the most weathered, but Orlando Bloom???? Nah! 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Orlando is far too “facially blessed” to be compared to Robin’s photo 🤣
 

For real- I don’t think any of the Brown women are “bad looking” per se. I think Christine and Janelle have the most feminine faces, and Meri looks the most weathered, but Orlando Bloom???? Nah! 

Come on!  Boy Robyn could be Orlando's little brother who they keep in the basement!!

Boy Janelle is rough-looking!!!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Janelle looks like the guy who comes over to fix the washing machine.  Christine looks like a smarmy used-car salesman.  Meri looks like the single dude that drinks too much at the bar after the company softball game and Robyn looks like an ambulance-chasing Yellow Pages lawyer.  And when Araibellilola grows up, she will look just like that picture of female Kody.

 

On 8/16/2020 at 7:30 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Robyn's been a snake from 'day 1.'  She got her Victoria Secret hooks into Kootie, and I don't buy her story that they waited until their wedding to do the horizontal mambo.  Robyn couldn't wait to get her chin on TV and get her bills paid.

Amen to this.  I too have been watching the old seasons in the morning before work when I'm drinking coffee and playing Candy Crush and I need something on that I don't have to pay too much attention to.  I'm not sure how many of us would've caught on to her low-key passive-aggressive shenanigans back in the day because girlfriend was stealth.  She was a pro with a detailed agenda from Day One.  Watching it now, it's chilling to the point of being uncomfortable - you've got Kody sitting there in the middle of his harem staring at Robyn like the cat that ate the canary, Robyn pontificating/crying/inserting herself into their lives before any of them even knew she existed, Meri and Christine taking turns looking absolutely miserable and Janelle checked out, per usual.  It's fascinating in a twisted way.  I have said it before - if I were in that cluster of a marriage, I would be terrified of Robyn.  I think she might be a sociopath.

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Janelle looks like the guy who comes over to fix the washing machine.  Christine looks like a smarmy used-car salesman.  Meri looks like the single dude that drinks too much at the bar after the company softball game and Robyn looks like an ambulance-chasing Yellow Pages lawyer.  And when Araibellilola grows up, she will look just like that picture of female Kody.

 

Amen to this.  I too have been watching the old seasons in the morning before work when I'm drinking coffee and playing Candy Crush and I need something on that I don't have to pay too much attention to.  I'm not sure how many of us would've caught on to her low-key passive-aggressive shenanigans back in the day because girlfriend was stealth.  She was a pro with a detailed agenda from Day One.  Watching it now, it's chilling to the point of being uncomfortable - you've got Kody sitting there in the middle of his harem staring at Robyn like the cat that ate the canary, Robyn pontificating/crying/inserting herself into their lives before any of them even knew she existed, Meri and Christine taking turns looking absolutely miserable and Janelle checked out, per usual.  It's fascinating in a twisted way.  I have said it before - if I were in that cluster of a marriage, I would be terrified of Robyn.  I think she might be a sociopath.

Yeah I agree. I’ve been rewatching the episodes on TLC Go in the morning and Robin has been SO annoying. I remember her talking about “when I was on my own I paid my own bills”....when was this? And how many bills?? Then why was your credit so poor? Look- being poor or falling behind on your bills isn’t a crime, and yes feeding your kids comes before paying back debt, but don’t PROCLAIM you were this self sufficient woman when you were divorced for two seconds before you got your hooks into Kody (not suggesting her ex was a prize, we know now he was pretty scummy). She reminded me of this YouTuber I follow (whom I do like for household/lifestyle/meal planning) who laments how before she met her husband she was so independent blah blah- she met him at 20 and married him at 22!! 
 

An episode I saw this morning, had Janelle talking about resources, and the resources having to stretch further with Robyn and her three kids. Hell yeah. Not only were there four more mouths to fed- Robyn had a separate home, rent, utilities etc and brought in no income. Yeah she did help with the childcare but Christine had been handling things and the youngest Brown kid over Truely was 5, almost 6(Savannah not Ysabel like I thought), capable of independent tasks. 
 

Before Robyn came into the picture Janelle and Christine did their part, and while Meri did whine about only having one kid she did a fair about of chauffeuring the kids and logistical things when she wasn’t traveling with Kody. What did Robyn do?

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah I agree. I’ve been rewatching the episodes on TLC Go in the morning and Robin has been SO annoying. I remember her talking about “when I was on my own I paid my own bills”....when was this? And how many bills?? Then why was your credit so poor? Look- being poor or falling behind on your bills isn’t a crime, and yes feeding your kids comes before paying back debt, but don’t PROCLAIM you were this self sufficient woman when you were divorced for two seconds before you got your hooks into Kody (not suggesting her ex was a prize, we know now he was pretty scummy). She reminded me of this YouTuber I follow (whom I do like for household/lifestyle/meal planning) who laments how before she met her husband she was so independent blah blah- she met him at 20 and married him at 22!! 
 

An episode I saw this morning, had Janelle talking about resources, and the resources having to stretch further with Robyn and her three kids. Hell yeah. Not only were there four more mouths to fed- Robyn had a separate home, rent, utilities etc and brought in no income. Yeah she did help with the childcare but Christine had been handling things and the youngest Brown kid over Truely was 7, capable of independent tasks
 

Before Robyn came into the picture Janelle and Christine did their part, and while Meri did whine about only having one kid she did a fair about of chauffeuring the kids and logistical things when she wasn’t traveling with Kody. What did Robyn do?

I saw that one too, and it made me furious on Janelle’s behalf.  They were talking about how money was tight and it was a struggle to get things for their own kids, and then Kody wants to add five more people to the mix?  

Of course, the reality is that Robyn did bring money in a sense because that got them the show. If it wasn’t for the show though, I think the other wives would have revolted. I’m probably giving them too much credit. I just know there’s no way in hell I’d take money away from supporting my kids to pay for another woman and her family.  
 

It would be so interesting to see where this family would be if TLC and Robyn had never showed up. 

  • Like 9
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Kbo said:

I saw that one too, and it made me furious on Janelle’s behalf.  They were talking about how money was tight and it was a struggle to get things for their own kids, and then Kody wants to add five more people to the mix?  

Of course, the reality is that Robyn did bring money in a sense because that got them the show. If it wasn’t for the show though, I think the other wives would have revolted. I’m probably giving them too much credit. I just know there’s no way in hell I’d take money away from supporting my kids to pay for another woman and her family.  
 

It would be so interesting to see where this family would be if TLC and Robyn had never showed up. 

Just four more- Robin and her three. IF Robin had come into the marriage with a full time job I think things would’ve been more equitable. But she didn’t even help Christine with the cooking, cleaning and shopping! And the Brown teenagers (boys and girls) did their share of chores- no they didn’t raise their siblings but they helped the household run. They helped Christine more than Robin did. 
 

I do agree with you that adding Robyn to the mix landed the TLC show. The family was just too boring and functional without her. Yeah they had their mistakes and problems but they were like a gazillion other families just more people. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Before Robyn came into the picture Janelle and Christine did their part, and while Meri did whine about only having one kid she did a fair about of chauffeuring the kids and logistical things when she wasn’t traveling with Kody. What did Robyn do?

Slept until noon.  Ate cheese puffs.  Read the National Enquirer.  Took a nap.  Went over to a sister wife's house to see if she had cooked anything tempting to eat.  Sent Meri out to get Olive Garden take-out because she didn't like the tater tot and canned corn casserole the sister wife had made.  Called the credit card companies to see how much credit was left on each of Kody's cards and then did some serious online shopping.  Grudgingly allowed her kids to come back home when a sister wife complained about having them underfoot all afternoon.  Noticed the time and put on her make-up with a pallet knife, styled her hair, got dressed up for Kody  - and then spent the evening subtly sabotaging her fellow sister wives so that Kody would be discouraged with them and increasingly under her thumb.  For good measure she twisted his ball hairs tightly after sex until he screamed like a girl and promised that she is the ONLY one he will ever sleep with.  Watches some trash TV she recorded and then falls sleep in order to repeat the next day.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/30/2020 at 4:05 PM, CocoPuffs said:

Maddie was the boss of the girls. Interesting to me since she’s not the oldest. I firmly believe it was because the favored children (Janelle’s boys) are her full brothers.

I think that had to do with Logan being the oldest child and the leader (Maddie taking the lead from him) and her innate personality. You could tell Aspyn was the main nurturer of the girls- which doesn’t surprise me as she was the oldest girl AND Christine’s daughter, Christine always had the caregiving role in the family. 

 

On 8/30/2020 at 4:05 PM, CocoPuffs said:

The family was so sweet and likeable. Like I couldn’t help but enjoy those first few episodes. The kids were adorable. I was not expecting to feel this way.

The first set of kids (Logan -Mykelti) we’re raised 100% differently than the rest of the kids. Their personalities were fully formed by the time TLC came along, the grew up in the multi-section Utah house together, there was a real cohesion and family structure (not saying they didn’t have problems but they all did work together) and it’s clear the kids love each other and have relationships with all the sister Moms.

Once TLC came into the picture, we have the second set of kids (Hunter-Gwendolyn) have memories of Utah but spent a lot of their formative years in Vegas and performing for TLC cameras. The younger kids, (Ysabel-Ariella) don’t know anything other than TLC and Robin’s way or the highway notions. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

She looks like one as a female, too.

It's that chin of hers.  You know, the one that had Kootie falling down and pissing his pants, because it was so lovely. /s

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

It's that chin of hers.  You know, the one that had Kootie falling down and pissing his pants, because it was so lovely. /s

It HAD to have been the Victoria Secret stuff she had been amassing.  Up until that point Kody had only seen the wives in Little House on the Prairie clothing and they probably wore long granny night gowns to bed that he lifted up to do "the deed".... so when he was presented with see-through lingerie, his tongue started dragging on the floor, and there it stayed.... vacuuming up the dog hair and dust bunnies and dropped crumbs from the floor until about 5 years later.  Who knows why it took so long for him to actually look at her face, but some people are strange, what can I say.  

By the time he got a gander at her Mount Rushmore of a chin, Robyn had tangled his ball hairs around her knuckles and he couldn't jerk free if he tried.  And I highly suspect that Robyn got Meri and Christine into Lularot to keep them dressed in butt-ugly clothing so that Kody's eyeballs wouldn't wander.  She didn't have to worry about Janelle because Kody even admitted on National TV that he couldn't hardly kiss her because it was so awkward and also probably because of the chicken McNugget, as well.  

So Robyn's chin remains hooked into Kody's flesh like a fish hook stuck in an old trout.

 

Edited by Kyanight
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/30/2020 at 5:05 PM, CocoPuffs said:

. Is it ever worth it? 

For Robyn, from trailer to mansion, it probably is. The others? Not so much. Although it did get Christine some independence,  and she seems happier for it. But yeah, Robyn plus TV really changed this family. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

For Robyn, from trailer to mansion, it probably is. The others? Not so much. Although it did get Christine some independence,  and she seems happier for it. But yeah, Robyn plus TV really changed this family. 

So true!  I’m into season 4 where Robyn just had Sol and they’re still in the Vegas rentals, yet they’re still talking about wishing they could have one house.  They seem like a completely different family from what they are today. I feel bad for the kids who’ve had to pay the price for the adults terrible decision-making. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/6/2020 at 11:14 AM, Kbo said:

So true!  I’m into season 4 where Robyn just had Sol and they’re still in the Vegas rentals, yet they’re still talking about wishing they could have one house.  They seem like a completely different family from what they are today. I feel bad for the kids who’ve had to pay the price for the adults terrible decision-making. 

That’s my observation too from recently re-watching the earlier seasons.  It’s gone so wrong, and now I understand the need for the new murder-mystery opening.  The producers know what’s going on. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I just watched the episode where Christine tries to talk to Meri about her problems with Kody, and Meri basically tells her to suck it up. Heaven forbid Kody ever be expected to change 🙄.

Then she tries to talk to Robyn, who says in her talking head that the wives agreed for her to join the family, if they hadn’t wanted it Kody wouldn’t have married her (yeah, right). Robyn’s attitude was, I don’t understand why Christine has a problem. 

They both reminded me how much I despise them. Especially Robyn, who keeps talking about how important her sister wives are, while making sure Kody gives her the lion’s share of the attention.  The wives scrimped to get Kody a laptop for his birthday, and he pouted because it wasn’t a “fun gift”.   Of course Robyn pipes up that she knew that he didn’t really want a computer.  Such a wench. 

Poor Christine, Kody really treated her like crap and her crappy sister wives just piled on (with the exception of Janelle, who was probably off having indigestion after eating Fritos with peanut butter).  Kody fawns over Sol and barely acknowledges Truely. Meri went on about how much more excited she was for Sol’s birth than Truelys. I sincerely hope she’s never seen the old shows, poor kid. 

 

 

  • Like 9
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Kbo said:

I just watched the episode where Christine tries to talk to Meri about her problems with Kody, and Meri basically tells her to suck it up. Heaven forbid Kody ever be expected to change 🙄.

Then she tries to talk to Robyn, who says in her talking head that the wives agreed for her to join the family, if they hadn’t wanted it Kody wouldn’t have married her (yeah, right). Robyn’s attitude was, I don’t understand why Christine has a problem. 

They both reminded me how much I despise them. Especially Robyn, who keeps talking about how important her sister wives are, while making sure Kody gives her the lion’s share of the attention.  The wives scrimped to get Kody a laptop for his birthday, and he pouted because it wasn’t a “fun gift”.   Of course Robyn pipes up that she knew that he didn’t really want a computer.  Such a wench. 

Poor Christine, Kody really treated her like crap and her crappy sister wives just piled on (with the exception of Janelle, who was probably off having indigestion after eating Fritos with peanut butter).  Kody fawns over Sol and barely acknowledges Truely. Meri went on about how much more excited she was for Sol’s birth than Truelys. I sincerely hope she’s never seen the old shows, poor kid. 

 

 

I think most of the viewers have forgotten all of this.  And then they wonder why some of the fans feel the way they do.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/5/2020 at 2:41 PM, Kyanight said:

It HAD to have been the Victoria Secret stuff she had been amassing.  Up until that point Kody had only seen the wives in Little House on the Prairie clothing and they probably wore long granny night gowns to bed that he lifted up to do "the deed".... so when he was presented with see-through lingerie, his tongue started dragging on the floor, and there it stayed.... vacuuming up the dog hair and dust bunnies and dropped crumbs from the floor until about 5 years later.  Who knows why it took so long for him to actually look at her face, but some people are strange, what can I say.  

By the time he got a gander at her Mount Rushmore of a chin, Robyn had tangled his ball hairs around her knuckles and he couldn't jerk free if he tried.  And I highly suspect that Robyn got Meri and Christine into Lularot to keep them dressed in butt-ugly clothing so that Kody's eyeballs wouldn't wander.  She didn't have to worry about Janelle because Kody even admitted on National TV that he couldn't hardly kiss her because it was so awkward and also probably because of the chicken McNugget, as well.  

So Robyn's chin remains hooked into Kody's flesh like a fish hook stuck in an old trout.

 

Mt Rushmore of a chin! Oh ah hahahahaha! I know I'm late to the party..I just found this forum, but lmbfao. This is the only covid relief package I need! 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/9/2021 at 12:25 PM, ginger90 said:

Season 1, episode 1 :

And he was a jerk from the very beginning.  In his 2-seater Lexus and insisting that two pulled teeth within 24 hrs is the same as saying two pulled teeth within 10 minutes. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

On 12/26/2020 at 1:03 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

Mt Rushmore of a chin! Oh ah hahahahaha! I know I'm late to the party..I just found this forum, but lmbfao. This is the only covid relief package I need! 

Welcome, welcome! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Omg get yourself Janelle... 🙄

People in jewelery stores ask everyone those questions because it's RETAIL 101..... Make small talk, act interested, make the customer feel special...etc..etc.

NOBODY GIVES A CRAP ABOUT YOUR STUPID POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE.

Just say it's for a friend, no need for DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS besides you're way too large to ever be a deer... More like HIPPO IN THE HEADLIGHTS.

They're so full of themselves, always looking to be offended or persecuted... It's exhausting! 

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/17/2020 at 6:54 PM, Absolom said:
Wow, Meri does do much better as a man.

😂😂😂😂😂

I agree... Meri looks like a plumber who likes his booze and is handy with his fists.

Janelle looks sweaty like a fat cop who spends his days at the donut shop

Robyn looks like a sleazy used car salesman

Christine looks goofy and a bit like Robin Williams (sorry Robin RIP)

The best part is.... Kody makes a better looking woman than any of his wives.

On 8/17/2020 at 6:54 PM, Absolom said:

 

 

  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

Those transformation photos are genius. Each one is perfect. Can't choose a favorite, can only narrow it down to Meri and Robyn.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

For reasons I don't fully understand, I have been binge watching a bunch of old episodes.  Recently I saw the one where Aspyn, Maddie, and Logan go to Salt Lake to help with housing for escapees from polygamy.  They bring 2 adults and 3 teens/young adults back with them so they can see that the Browns are doing a great job making plural marriage work.    I wonder what these people --if they are watching-- think about Kody now trying to back track on that and his comments about it not being fair to women which is what at least one of the former polygs had argued to him. 

Edited by Twopper
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I am watching the early seasons too.  Yesterday I drove a total of 4 hours in cold driving rain to get my second covid 19 shot and today I am lazing about even though I feel fine.  Findings:  

1.Mariah was always a self-absorbed brat.

2.Robyn dry-cries over everything pertaining to herself. 

3.Kody is constantly on stage.

4.Oy with the cold sores!🤮

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Twopper said:

Recently I saw the one where Aspyn, Maddie, and Logan go to Salt Lake to help with housing for escapees from polygamy.  They bring 2 adults and 3 teens/young adults back with them so they can see that the Browns are doing a great job making plural marriage work.    I wonder what these people --if they are watching-- think about Kody now trying to back track on that and his comments about it not being fair to women which is what at least one on the former polygs had argued to him. 

I predict all of them have decided to be single or monogamists.  It would be interesting to hear from them. They could probably see through the façade of one big happy fambly.  And I don't recall Aspyn, Maddie, and Logan "saving" any more escapees from polygamy. 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Twopper said:

For reasons I don't fully understand, I have been binge watching a bunch of old episodes.  Recently I saw the one where Aspyn, Maddie, and Logan go to Salt Lake to help with housing for escapees from polygamy.  They bring 2 adults and 3 teens/young adults back with them so they can see that the Browns are doing a great job making plural marriage work.    I wonder what these people --if they are watching-- think about Kody now trying to back track on that and his comments about it not being fair to women which is what at least one on the former polygs had argued to him. 

Yes, he's told something, absorbs it with his signature shocked deer-in- the- headlights stare. Then he brain torques it and spews it out as his own.  I loathe him. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone know what happened to their beautiful tri-color border collie?  It is really sweet with the kids, just saw it for the first time on an early episode.  I do know what happened to Drake. 😢

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/2/2021 at 7:47 PM, Joan of Argh said:

😂😂😂😂😂

I agree... Meri looks like a plumber who likes his booze and is handy with his fists.

Janelle looks sweaty like a fat cop who spends his days at the donut shop

Robyn looks like a sleazy used car salesman

Christine looks goofy and a bit like Robin Williams (sorry Robin RIP)

The best part is.... Kody makes a better looking woman than any of his wives.

 

Just saw this and I’m busting with laughter. How did I miss this? Kody still looks better than all of them. He’s a very pretty woman. 

Meri and Janelle are the worst. Meri looks like ugly trouble and Janelle, well, I’m laughing at that one the most! 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/19/2021 at 3:13 PM, sheshark said:

Does anyone know what happened to their beautiful tri-color border collie?  It is really sweet with the kids, just saw it for the first time on an early episode.  I do know what happened to Drake. 😢

Have no clue.  There were also 2 cats at the Lehi house that I saw.  I  am sure Kody left them when they went to Vegas.

My binge-watching may slow down as I just saw there are 20 episodes in Season 6 which may have been at the peak of their popularity.

as I am watchingk all these episodes,  I wonder how the younger kids like Truley and Savannah will feel seeing them in sequence.  For the most part the children seem like good kids so I don't think they would be embarrassed  seeing themselves, but seeing how the five adults act like morons much of the time would be enlightening as I am sure they don't all realize it as it was happening , although Logan and the other older teens had a pretty good idea of some of the financial failures.  If I were Ysabel, I would be pissed knowing my mom gave preference to Janelle's kids over them especially knowing her mom had to raise the money for her surgery.  Maybe Robyn could have bought a slightly cheaper house so Ysabel could have money for the surgery without having to beg the viewers to buy those cheap clothes to pay for it.  Somehow I don't see the Lularoe crowd buying clothes to help Paedon pay the $30k he owes for rear-ending a car several years ago.  I feel sorry for the kids, but I would really like to see Robyn and Kody end up living in a double wide. 

These women have been resenting each other for years. 

 

Edited by Twopper
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Shocked how happy and affectionate Kootie appears in the first three seasons.  He actually kisses all the wives, not just Robyn.  But Christine notices his favoritism to The Chin early on. 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Shocked how happy and affectionate Kootie appears in the first three seasons.  He actually kisses all the wives, not just Robyn.  But Christine notices his favoritism to The Chin early on. 

He had good reason to rejoice, the TLC gig was paying them big money in those days, enough to lift them from their moldy Lehi house, and he had a fresh, new, love interest.  Now that interest in the show is waning and they can foresee the end, they are trying to BRING IT with revelations that all is not perfection in plygville.  I am waiting for one of them, and I think it will be Christine, to zero in on the inequalities in the distribution of "finite resources" of money and Kody's time and affections.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Watching the early seasons is such an eye-opener.  Season 4 is the turning point as Robyn ramps up her sweet angel act while chipping away at the other wives.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I figured out why this show is only one hour per week. I just finished bingeing Season 3.  While I thought the season was pretty good, by the time it was over I couldn’t stand any of them, especially Christine and Robyn. I had previously given Christine the benefit of the doubt, but watching her pompous arrogance for more than 1 hour has erased any sympathy I had for her current Flagstaff misery. Same with Robyn. And as always, Kody. Meri and Janelle were least offensive.

 

The 4 Lives of Kody Brown S3 E4 2011 (stuff I forgot and/or thought was interesting)

The entire family go out to eat at a Mexican Restaurant. Outside the building the have a sign “Kids Eat Free”. Kody shouts to the camera while pointing to the sign, “That’s why we are eating here.” (Can you imagine working there and seeing that crowd saunter in. Hope TLC left a huge tip.)

Topic of coming up with a Family Business. What’s odd about this episode is that the prior episode, Kody Janelle and Christine were working with Mona their RE agent on an Open House and it seemed like they were all in on becoming Real Estate Agents. This Ep they are brainstorming opening a Family Business.

After a meeting with his “attorney” about a potential business, Kody tells the wives his idea is to open some type of Healthy Food Business.

Meri wants to work with At Risk Kids, not interested in a family business.

Meri, Kody, Janelle out of work. Figuring out what they can do with their skills.

Kody-Sales, his communication skills can transfer to other jobs, but he wants to own a business.

Janelle-transferable skills, money watcher financial planner, person that makes the money work. (Yet she’s in serious tax debt)

Kody has aged 10 years in the past three months per Christine.  Meri: ”there are times I get angry at Christine because she doesn’t do what she’s supposed to do to work on the relationship w/Kody.” (Funny coming from Meri and what we know now)

Christine: “My relationship with Kody used to be easy, then Robin came into the family and now I have a lot of internal conflicts. I don’t feel special anymore”.

The sex of Robins baby is announced. Maddie is totally checked out. Resting Bitch face. Arms crossed.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

S3 E4 2011  Defending Polygamy (stuff I forgot and/or thought was interesting)

 Trip to Lovell, WY where he grew up, for the town’s annual celebration Lovell Mustang Days. 1st time they will be out and open about plural marriage in his hometown.  Meets with old High School friends. Small town, everybody knows everybody, heavily Mormon. (This one was pretty good. Everybody but Kody has his number.)

Dayton wants to name new baby Cleveland Brown.

Tons of city names for the kids: Logan Ut, Madison WI, Savannah GA, Aspyn CO, Dayton OH,

Robin and Kody go to birthing class even though Kody has birthed kids before. They are doing this so Kody and Robin learn how to do this together.

3 car road trip-no filmed flat tires.

Kody meets up with old High School friend, Ken. Had a falling out when KO left church. Then they started doing business together which brought them closer. He hopes to mend friendship with this visit.

KO didn’t realize the consequences of his choice to change from LDS to plyg on his friendships. Friends thought he had joined a “cult”. Didn’t know who he was anymore.

Meets with HS friend Ken Grant and wife Darece. KO: “Ken is not demonstrative so its not normal for him to give me a big bear hug and say missed you man, he’s still looking at me questioningly.

Ken’s bringing 3 boats to the lake. KO says” I didn’t know what the plan was, so I just started doing something, which was bringing food to the picnic spot. Next scene, was Ken, alone, dealing with the boats, putting them in the water and saying, “I don’t know where KO is, w/3 wives you can get kind of busy and distracted, I guess he’s got me doing all the work today”? (we should invite friend Ken to snark with us)

Next scene: Kody and the family surrounding the picnic table yapping about clouds and possible storm. Then he finally says” I’m going to see what Ken wants to do”

Ken on the dock, “One thing is for sure, KO hasn’t changed a bit.  He likes the limelight-not surprised he went public with his lifestyle.”

People start loading onto boats, storm and lightning hits. Brown’s unload, want to eat and walk away from boats. Janelle says its crazy to go on a boat with lightning.

Scene at Picnic table. Ken invited his brothers, their wives and sister. Introductions.

Christine: “ its not like Ken is very warm and inviting so I was very surprised to see his family there. They were so open, inviting and friendly”.

KO & KE leave picnic table leaving the women. Robin says “women always want to ask them about their lifestyle, can’t understand why they would choose this. (note: Nice French manicure Robin)

Christine: pompous about how she doesn’t get why people don’t “get” what they do.

Mykelti announces suns out, on to the boats.

KE talking to KO:” LDS church gets a bad rap because of people like you, because they want to pull them together in one group.  I was clueless that you were merging into this fundamental thing. When you first became plyg, it was I big shock to the town. Your family was proselytizing about this around town. Your mom and my mom were friends, my mom tried talking your mom out of it, and they went their separate ways. KO: says “early on, they were very enthusiastic about the faith and it could have come off as proselytizing. Choosing this faith was very lonely.” Good conversation between the former HS BFF’s.

KO “When I was 20 yrs. younger, Ken’s reaction to my choices offended me. I see it differently now.”

Ken organized a get together with classmates.

Best line from HS school friend. One female friend from HS: “there were classmates that thought Kody was gay, flamboyantly gay. He had a big feminine side to him. He always wore really tight pants and had this thing about his hair, like he does now.”  Kody also tells a classmate that “he will be selling real estate in a couple of months.”

Family visits Kody & Janelle’s mothers.

(Robin and Christine are seriously ridiculous. It feels like they are trying to out “expert” each other. Christine wins the award for most obnoxious delivery.)

(This was an interesting episode, especially the scenes with HS friends. Bottom line-Kody has always been a diva.)

Too much to snark in this episode to write about. These five people deserve whatever the future brings them.


 

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think this show is better the second time around. Because I was really watching, instead of just having it on, I noticed so many little things. Season 3 was ten years ago and is filmed the first 6-9 in las Vegas.  Random thoughts while watching Ep 5-12.

Browns, incl. older kids,  go to Boston for their Panel Discussion on Polygamy to college students. Kody gets off on the hotel rooms being close together and collects the 2nd key to each room so he can pop in. Robyn cries on stage when talking about Warren Jeffs. Christine’s plyg pomposity is on blast.

Meri brings the gals, incl pregnant Robyn, to work out with her trainer. Yikes on the weigh in, except for gleeful Robyn. This storyline has to be producer driven. None of them seemed into this AT ALL.

New plan for a business venture. Those gym rats want to open a Fitness Center, yep, a fitness center. Kody has become BFF’s with the wives trainer, who has brought in an investor. Kody says they  know “business” and he can sell it. They want to open in 6 mos. Apparently, Real Estate didn’t work out, lol.

There is a scene where Gabe and Savannah are having a pillow fight in the living room, while a forlorn Janelle sits at the kitchen table picking at a tray of nachos. Ouch.

Kody stays with the kids while the gals have a girls night out in the Las Vegas strip. The bubble they live in is burst when they stroll into the wrong part of the strip. Scene with them covering their mouths, shocked.

Meri admits she carries a lot of anger and stress due to family stuff which is part of the reason she cannot lose weight.

Christine admits she is on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds.

Janelle admits she can now bend over to pick stuff up from the floor as a result of working out.

Robyn admits to nothing. She is perfect.

Kody has a Boys Night out with his buddies, to relieve the stress of watching the kids while the wives had their night out. They are going to an MMA gym.  I am now brain dead, but wonder, who would be Kody’s” buddies”. Kody’s 3 buddies are the trainer/business partner, a guy whose brother runs the MMA gym and a guy named Jeff. Jeff looks rilly familiar. Turns out Jeff, is Jeff Allredge of Seeking Sister Wife fame. Because Kody was an award winning wrestler in High School, he takes off his shoes, and enters the cage wearing jeans and a button down shirt. Another embarrassing Kody scene, but one worth watching. After the match, where the buddy’s brother graciously lets Kody take him down, the guys go to a restaurant where the trainer and the MMA brother grill Kody on plyg life. Buddy Jeff is silent.

The Brown’s find the cul de sac.

Paedon picks on Robyn’s kids. Weepy Robyn decides that if it doesn’t get better Dayton can choose to live with his bio father.

The Brown’s shop for a crib for King Sol. We find out Robyn never had a crib for her 3 kids because they couldn’t afford one and didn’t have the room for one.

I must have blocked the birth of King Sol the first time, as I didn’t remember how cringeworthy that scene was, complete with sappy plyg music. Why are these births televised? Kody holds the newborn Solomon and says, “he’s our dream come true”.

Robyn asks everyone to leave except Meri. Kody says” me too”? Answer, yes. After giving birth to King Sol, Robin tells Meri she wants to be her surrogate.

And that’s a wrap for Season 3 . . . and me.

I need an intervention.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

 

Robyn asks everyone to leave except Meri. Kody says” me too”? Answer, yes. After giving birth to King Sol, Robin tells Meri she wants to be her surrogate.

It would have made an interesting soap opera storyline if Robyn had handed Meri newborn baby Sol and said "Here, he's yours.  I know how much you've always wanted a son".  Then later changes her mind and wants him back.  They could have gotten a few seasons out of that storyline.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

I must have blocked the birth of King Sol the first time, as I didn’t remember how cringeworthy that scene was, complete with sappy plyg music. Why are these births televised? Kody holds the newborn Solomon and says, “he’s our dream come true”.

I think you may have also blocked out the part where Robyn's stepfather was the one at the foot of the bed on cooter watch filming the birth.  Probably his dream come true too.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 5
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I think you may have also blocked out the part where Robyn's stepfather was the one at the foot of the bed on cooter watch filming the birth.  Probably his dream come true too.

Probably the creepiest thingk on this show, ever.  And Areloa's birth was witnessed by step-daddy in the same way.  😒

  • Like 6
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

“Cooter watch”. Dead!  Also Kootie gleefully saying “I touched his head!” while King Sol was still inside.  Made me so happy I had c-sections.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just saw the episode when Truely gets so ill.  They cut out anything pertaining to Kody ignoring her.  He has a busy day taking Mariah out to buy a car and when he comes home Truely is in the hospital.

  • Like 4
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sheshark said:

Just saw the episode when Truely gets so ill.  They cut out anything pertaining to Kody ignoring her.  He has a busy day taking Mariah out to buy a car and when he comes home Truely is in the hospital.

Yeah but we all saw it, and his behavior was so horrific it is burned into our brains.

The real question is, why are they editing?

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Yeah but we all saw it, and his behavior was so horrific it is burned into our brains.

The real question is, why are they editing?

Yes, we all saw it the first time around...why the editing now??  "Give her some LIV water..." Do they think we are all that stupid??? 

If not for Aspyn(?) that little girl would have died on his watch. I hope she is the one to write the Tell All! Asshat is not even a bad enough description of him!

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size