Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Should Be Multiplied, Not Divided: General Show Discussion

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I'm tired of reality shows trying to use Covid as a storyline. Just stop. Get Christine and Meri to leave Kody (Janelle is hopeless at this point). That drama I would totally tune in for. 

I would like to see a side-by-side of Janelle's RV versus Robyn's mansion. Then have Kody keep trying to say all his wives are treated equally. Say what you will about Meri, but she would never have agreed to an RV with no electrical or plumbing hookups on the prairie land. 

It's doubly annoying when the program runs a year or more behind real life.  We can expect to be subject to the confusion and decision making we all went through at that time.

We can anticipate Mykelti's birthing scene, the only question mark is whether Kody was in attendance because we already know the outcome.  Another situation would be Ysabel's surgery, we know it happened successfully and that Kody was not there, The only highlight for me would be a couch session with Christine and Ysabel venting how they feel over Kody's disgraceful attitude regarding the event.

It appears that the Mariah/Audge wedding didn't go ahead as previously planned.  Wasn't it slated for the last weekend in August of 2021?  I doubt Meri would have been at the BnB for the weekly gigglefest last Friday if the wedding was on. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It appears that the Mariah/Audge wedding didn't go ahead as previously planned.  Wasn't it slated for the last weekend in August of 2021?  I doubt Meri would have been at the BnB for the weekly gigglefest last Friday if the wedding was on. 

Now that would make for an interesting story twist! But then again…this is Mariah and it wouldn’t be the first time where she ends up doing something completely different from what she’d been saying for years…

• Love 8
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Agreed, especially because all we’ll hear is how it’s  been so much harder for them, as everything is. 

Clearly the rules were not made to accommodate polygamists living in four different households.  And Robyn likes it like that!

• Love 9

Have the Browns ever discussed how their finances work? Meri appears to be completely financially independent, with a rental house and the B+B. She obviously makes enough money selling LulaRoe to qualify for their free trips, so she must be doing pretty well. She seems be in the best shape of this group.

Janelle and Christine are selling Plexus and Lularoe, but it's not clear if they make enough to support themselves. Janelle is now in a freaking RV, and Christine is selling her home. Both of those situations don't signal women who are drowning in wealth.

Robyn and Kody have no jobs that we know of, but they're living in the mansion. From what I've heard, TLC doesn't pay enough to support that lifestyle. There's also the mortgage on the Prairie land. I just can't figure out the money. 

• Love 14

Nope.  And it's the biggest mystery to everyone.  I can only imagine that the own the golden goose or something.

Either they are making more money than we think from TLC and their various mid-level marketing schemes, or they're in so much debt it would take our breath away. They can't be paying for college for all the kids who appear to be going. Those kids must have loans, but I remember Kody saying they would pay for Mariah's college. 

And even if there is more money than we think, I can still see Janelle in the RV, because she's lazy and it's less to clean and the path of least resistance compared to trying to find another house. 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

That's always been my guess...

I'm guessing that they are deeply in debt too but there is a level of credit-worthiness that they must have qualified for.  Even if the land and the Kody/Robyn house are financed through private lenders at above market interest rates, there remains the criteria of ability to repay the debt.

The only conclusion that I have reached is that either the unverified figure of $180,000. aggregate income from the show is grossly underestimated... OR... Kody's income stream from doing shows selling "collectibles and other stuff" is much higher than we might imagine. 

I believe that at least one parcel of the land was purchased for outright cash, plus they put a healthy down payment on Kody/Robyn's house and the abutting empty building lot. 

Kody seems to be making noises about proceeding with the development of the land soon and this will require enormous capital to install services to the compound before they even start to build.  They have already leveraged money out of the equity in Robyn's house very soon after they purchased.  I have no idea what the purpose of the refinance was, possibly to purchase inventory for the shows Kody claims to be participating in, if it is a lucrative income for them.

Just spitballing here as I am just as mystified as anyone.

• Love 9

It have spent way too much time pondering over their financial situation.   It 2012 while these 3 SINGLE women (for tax and credit purposes) were able to purchase mc mansions I was struggling to refi my house after a divorce and I had well more than 100k equity in the house but no real significant  income other than spousal support after being married 25 years and a stay at home mom and wife.   

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

It have spent way too much time pondering over their financial situation.   It 2012 while these 3 SINGLE women (for tax and credit purposes) were able to purchase mc mansions I was struggling to refi my house after a divorce and I had well more than 100k equity in the house but no real significant  income other than spousal support after being married 25 years and a stay at home mom and wife.   

I’m sorry, @MaddyMaeboxerbabe, that sounds really rough. There is so much about them is maddening, and this is right up there. They may have big houses and vacations now, but that’s all going to go away at some point because it’s unlikely that they are saving any money for the future. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

It was interesting, especially when you add that Christine declared bankruptcy (off camera) in 2010 and Robyn supposedly "cleaned up" her credit with the wave of a magick wand in 30 days to pre-qualify for a $440,000 mortgage.

• Love 6

Ah…the Brown finances…such an interesting and mysterious topic. Loved reading all your thoughts. Here’s mine: 

They used to lead this pretty lavish lifestyle whilst barely working, if at all. So they must be hugely in debt, which is easily explained since none of the adults have steady regular jobs, have always paid fortunes in rents and mortgages over the years, have sold houses at losses or a very marginal profit and spent all the money they had saved in pensions, funds and mortgages. A few years ago it was discussed how they had to take a big money cut to keep the show going. The amount of money that goes out on a monthly base is huge whilst we don’t see anything coming in. Don’t know how much TLC pays them but they are no longer the top show they were.

They do everything they can to maintain the facade of wealthy and successful reality stars. And if you are ‘smart’ (being sarcastic now) you supplement your meagre income by pulling all the equity that is available in the houses, blow your pension and any other funds and finally sell the houses and then move to RVs….

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, LilyD said:

They do everything they can to maintain the facade of wealthy and successful reality stars. And if you are ‘smart’ (being sarcastic now) you supplement your meagre income by pulling all the equity that is available in the houses, blow your pension and any other funds and finally sell the houses and then move to RVs….

Was it Robyn who said early on that she'd never live in a trailer again? How about an RV or tent, my dear?

• LOL 11

Was it Robyn who said early on that she'd never live in a trailer again? How about an RV or tent, my dear?

I thought that was actually Christine, because she had to live in the trailer with Meri and Janelle. 

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I thought that was actually Christine, because she had to live in the trailer with Meri and Janelle. 

Robyn lived in a trailer when she was married to Jessop, I believe. As far as I know, Robyn never has had to share a home with any of the other wives. She has been an only wife and then a last, favored wife— so all her “sister wives” pontificating is bs, imo.

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Robyn lived in a trailer when she was married to Jessop, I believe. As far as I know, Robyn never has had to share a home with any of the other wives. She has been an only wife and then a last, favored wife— so all her “sister wives” pontificating is bs, imo.

I think Robyn mentioned that on an episode, and IIRC, she said it had no heat.  Being Kootie's favorite has completely paid off.  Legal marriage, mansion, she worked her black magic/voodoo/Victoria's Secret lingerie on him to perfection.  The Dark Wife has been in the drivers' seat "since day one."  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I think Robyn mentioned that on an episode, and IIRC, she said it had no heat.  Being Kootie's favorite has completely paid off.  Legal marriage, mansion, she worked her black magic/voodoo/Victoria's Secret lingerie on him to perfection.  The Dark Wife has been in the drivers' seat "since day one."  

No heat and a dresser drawer for a crib, but By Golly, she wasn't forced to appear in "floods" when wearing pj's or jeans. Priorities.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

And now she’s starting to show her wear and tear like the rest of the wives. She’s aged 20 years in just 10. If she’s not careful, Kody will replace her with a newer model—cute, trim adventurous Robyn has become tired, bloated demanding Robyn. 

• Love 15
On 9/2/2021 at 8:51 AM, Kellyee said:

I had to check the date on the article, because the description sounded exactly like last season. So basically nothing has changed and they will just keep bitching and moaning without actually changing anything they are doing.

And I for one will be there with bells on, popcorn, cheap merlot and a notepad and pen, lol.

While it's true that we might not get much in the way of ground-breaking plotlines, I have been thoroughly enjoying watching the Brown fahm'ly cracks start to show, and those cracks get just a bit deeper each season.  As for Covid, I don't watch a ton of reality tv that actually deals with Covid as a story so for me it's going to be more about watching Kody prance and fluff around with his "rules," and seeing how the wives and kids ignore him...and also seeing Robyn dry-cry because she had pneumonia once when she was six years old and that's why Kody can't leave her compound to spend time with his lesser wives and kids.

3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

And now she’s starting to show her wear and tear like the rest of the wives. She’s aged 20 years in just 10. If she’s not careful, Kody will replace her with a newer model—cute, trim adventurous Robyn has become tired, bloated demanding Robyn. 

Another reason why I say "bring it on."  Robyn got exactly what she'd plotted for.  Now she's stuck with him and the stress is showing.  Dark Queen, meet Karma.  

• Love 18
On 9/9/2021 at 8:50 PM, laurakaye said:

and also seeing Robyn dry-cry because she had pneumonia once when she was six years old and that's why Kody can't leave her compound to spend time with his lesser wives and kids

On 9/9/2021 at 8:50 PM, laurakaye said:

Another reason why I say "bring it on."  Robyn got exactly what she'd plotted for.  Now she's stuck with him and the stress is showing.  Dark Queen, meet Karma.  

None of his wives was used to having Kody 24/7 around and that probably was a blessing in disguise. Kody is the type of guy that can drive anyone insane!
I’m sure Robyn is struggling with him too, hence the visible ageing and weight gain.  In the past, she could easily have a break from his draining presence and now she can’t.
Am wondering about the conflicts in her head…. Do I let him out and give myself a much needed break? Of do I keep him here in an attempt to keep Covid out? 

• Love 9
On 9/8/2021 at 1:48 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Yep.  Not only a lowly trailer...but also one with no heat... add in the sad music.  Yet then she said that they "had to burn wood for heat".  Um. That's called a wood burner, a wood stove etc.  It is a perfectly viable heating system in northern climates, especially when you live around foresting areas or trees in general because it is also a cheap source of heat. 

Robyn was hard playing the sympathy "damsel" card trying to make her situation look worse than it actually was.  🙄

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Yep.  Not only a lowly trailer...but also one with no heat... add in the sad music.  Yet then she said that they "had to burn wood for heat".  Um. That's called a wood burner, a wood stove etc.  It is a perfectly viable heating system in northern climates, especially when you live around foresting areas or trees in general because it is also a cheap source of heat. 

Robyn was hard playing the sympathy "damsel" card trying to make her situation look worse than it actually was.  🙄

I hate to defend Robin, but to me, having to live in a trailer with only a wood stove for heat is less than desirable conditions unless you live some where like a Caribbean island or in the desert (like AZ or Nevada). Especially with little kids. Now granted I’ve always lived in major metro areas with gas/ electric forced air or radiator heating systems. 

I can believe Robyn was living at the poverty level after her divorce and saw Kody & his sister wives (although they made poor financial decisions before the show, they were living in more stable conditions than Robin) as a way to get herself and her kids out of poverty with the least amount of effort on her part. (No need for skilled employment or anything if that sort).

I think @xwordfanatik is 100% correct, Robyn has leveled up and drastically improved her situation in life with Kody. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

I hate to defend Robin, but to me, having to live in a trailer with only a wood stove for heat is less than desirable conditions unless you live some where like a Caribbean island or in the desert (like AZ or Nevada).

Those of us who live in cold climes burning wood don't think twice about it.  A lot depends on how you were raised, I guess, but it's not that big a deal.  Sometimes it's easier and more reliable to get cords of wood to burn than have to monitor the propane levels and worry about deliveries to your pig especially as prices fluctuate.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Those of us who live in cold climes burning wood don't think twice about it.  A lot depends on how you were raised, I guess, but it's not that big a deal.  Sometimes it's easier and more reliable to get cords of wood to burn than have to monitor the propane levels and worry about deliveries to your pig especially as prices fluctuate.

Thanks- it might be a situational difference. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

We live in a northern state (WA) and when we bought our first house, we had oil heat that was expensive, even in the 70's-80's.  We installed a wood stove, a smaller version of the one my parents had, also in WA.  Jotul made good quality wood stoves, and we burned wood when we were home.  It worked well for all of us.

Robyn definitely exaggerated how dire her circumstances were, IMO, before Kootie, her Knight in Shining Armor, came to her rescue.  She knew exactly how to play him, and it got her what she wanted.  I don't believe that she EVER felt/feels guilty about essentially getting that jackass all to herself.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Robyn definitely exaggerated how dire her circumstances were, IMO, before Kootie, her Knight in Shining Armor, came to her rescue.  She knew exactly how to play him, and it got her what she wanted.  I don't believe that she EVER felt/feels guilty about essentially getting that jackass all to herself.

Exaggerated is her middle name isn't it?😉 A trailer like the one she described would be easily heated with a small electric heater or wood burner. Lots of people do so.

As for your idea that she doesn't feel guilty about having Kodouche for herself; now that made me chuckle! I'm sure her original plan was something like big house, money, free babysits and only two days a week the sponsor who made it all possible. Boy did she draw the short end of the stick there!

• LOL 12

She might've been living in or close to poverty, but she also had a Victoria's Secret credit card (to name but one) that she couldn't pay off.  If you have three kids and you need to buy groceries, you go and get your undies and jammies at JC Penney with a coupon.  I also recall her saying that her kids never had a crib as babies and had to sleep in a drawer or something like that (not sure about the drawer but I do remember her daintily dry-crying when Kody presented her with a crib for King Sol).  Given what we know of Robyn, I don't doubt that she struggled but I also think she now sees herself as someone who deserves the best of the best because of that "struggle."  All she needed was an egotistical semi-cute aging plyg dude in negotiations for a tv show to sweep her off her feet, along with three easily manipulated sister wives to step aside for her to ascend her rightful throne.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

She might've been living in or close to poverty, but she also had a Victoria's Secret credit card (to name but one) that she couldn't pay off.  If you have three kids and you need to buy groceries, you go and get your undies and jammies at JC Penney with a coupon.  I also recall her saying that her kids never had a crib as babies and had to sleep in a drawer or something like that (not sure about the drawer but I do remember her daintily dry-crying when Kody presented her with a crib for King Sol).  Given what we know of Robyn, I don't doubt that she struggled but I also think she now sees herself as someone who deserves the best of the best because of that "struggle."  All she needed was an egotistical semi-cute aging plyg dude in negotiations for a tv show to sweep her off her feet, along with three easily manipulated sister wives to step aside for her to ascend her rightful throne.

Well If her first three were like her last two children, they all slept with mom and dad, so there wasn't really a need for a crib.    

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

Our infants slept in drawers instead of fancy bassinets when we were students & grad students in the 1970s.  We invested in our educations rather than material goods and massive debts. When you're sleeping on a mattress on the floor and the drawer is on the floor, it is very handy.  Babies grow quickly and drawers come in various sizes.  Once they are no longer needed as beds, they go back to being drawers.  I smile when I think of it and never felt sorry for myself.

As long as the drawer is sturdy, it's not a problem with a very young baby.

I had a friend who babysat her cousin's baby and tried that.  The kid was a chunky thing, and strong.  He wasn't old enough to sit up, but he might have been old enough to roll over, and there was no room in the drawer to do that.  When he woke up he kicked the crap out of that drawer.

I helped her try to put it back together again, but the tiny little nails wouldn't hold it together.  We had to glue it, but the glue didn't work well, and I think we didn't glue it up square.  Anyway, the drawer was useless after that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Many many years ago, when I found out I was pregnant, I had recently left my abusive ex. Needless to say, I didn't want a thing from him. I found a good job with great benefits, and moved near my folks to have family support.

I spent my weekends combing through second hand stores and yard or estate sales and got his crib, strollers, and loads of tiny sized clothes, (because mom said the teeny kids grow so fast, there was no sense sinking a lot of money in new things he'd probably wear once.) I spent a little money, some time, and my kid had every single thing he needed when he arrived. Really the only brand new thing I got was the car seat, because I'd read not to ever buy those used.
 I'm still a huge second-hand shopper because it's fun, like a treasure hunt, and I don't have to spend a ton. I even find brand new items, and that always shocks and delights me.

Robyn was -and still is- a spoiled princess who thinks she needs the best of everything. It's ridiculous and so wasteful. All of the wives have so much doggone stuff! 

• Love 18
16 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I'm still a huge second-hand shopper because it's fun, like a treasure hunt, and I don't have to spend a ton.

Old furniture was also better made.  My drawers were very sturdy because they were 100% wood, with dovetails holding the pieces together.

• Love 11
On 9/7/2021 at 1:00 PM, Sandy W said:

Kody's income stream from doing shows selling "collectibles and other stuff" is much higher than we might imagine. 

Kody sells guns at gun shows. They are collectable. And very profitable. And gun shows are the least regulated method of firearm and weapon sales.

The "white elephant in the room" is that the family left Vegas, using increasing violence as one of the reasons for leaving(after the tragic mass shooting)...while the move was possible b/c of Kody's gun sales income.

Allegedly.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 9/12/2021 at 5:20 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Thanks- it might be a situational difference. 

Oh yes. Country life has a different flow than town/city life in my experience.  I have never lived in a city, but I have lived in small towns, but mostly in the country.  There is a seasonality about country life.  July and August are always have a steady "prepare" to the flow.  Putting up what can be put up, wood chopping and storage is always part of that.  Depending on if it is just a winter cooking or supplemental heat stove or a whole house will determine just how much wood needs to be cut and stored. August is a steady flow from the garden and when I was a kid September was back to school as well as preparing all winter bed linens and blankets and such, swapping out windows and everything got a good pre winter scrubbing.  Plus every corner of the house was always cleaned of any resident spiders.  My Grandmother raged war on spiders inside the house since she was very sensitive to any bites (even those "not poisonous" kinds).

My Grandmother taught me the routine, and I really do still live it, except for blankets being put away.  We seem to still need them through the summer for cold spells. Except for this summer.  The nights have been hot and muggy for close to the entire summer.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Oh yes. Country life has a different flow than town/city life in my experience.  I have never lived in a city, but I have lived in small towns, but mostly in the country.  There is a seasonality about country life.  July and August are always have a steady "prepare" to the flow.  Putting up what can be put up, wood chopping and storage is always part of that.  Depending on if it is just a winter cooking or supplemental heat stove or a whole house will determine just how much wood needs to be cut and stored. August is a steady flow from the garden and when I was a kid September was back to school as well as preparing all winter bed linens and blankets and such, swapping out windows and everything got a good pre winter scrubbing.  Plus every corner of the house was always cleaned of any resident spiders.  My Grandmother raged war on spiders inside the house since she was very sensitive to any bites (even those "not poisonous" kinds).

My Grandmother taught me the routine, and I really do still live it, except for blankets being put away.  We seem to still need them through the summer for cold spells. Except for this summer.  The nights have been hot and muggy for close to the entire summer.

Taking my reply to small talk. 

I was just realising something about the Browns…

When do we ever see any of them work? or even mentioning some form of work on the show? Over the past few years, They always seem to hang in or around the house doing nothing. In most reality shows, at least one of the stars still has a normal job (am thinking Adam from the Busbys for instance or JimBob Duggar with his (real estate?)business to quickly name two.) Heck, I think even Jon (long time no see with his 8 kids) had a normal job next to his reality show.

If most reality stars keep a job or business going, it must be because they need the money. Then obviously, TLC’s paycheck is not enough to cover all the expenses and lead a job free life. Yet the Browns can, and even more staggering, they did so with 18 kids and 5 adults spread over 4 houses. We have discussed their finances at length out here but this whole situation becomes more mysterious and fishy every year, if you ask me.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, LilyD said:

If most reality stars keep a job or business going, it must be because they need the money. Then obviously, TLC’s paycheck is not enough to cover all the expenses and lead a job free life

Those other folks may be more in touch with reality: the reality that your tee-vee income may not last forever.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, LilyD said:

I was just realising something about the Browns…

When do we ever see any of them work? or even mentioning some form of work on the show? Over the past few years, They always seem to hang in or around the house doing nothing. In most reality shows, at least one of the stars still has a normal job (am thinking Adam from the Busbys for instance or JimBob Duggar with his (real estate?)business to quickly name two.) Heck, I think even Jon (long time no see with his 8 kids) had a normal job next to his reality show.

If most reality stars keep a job or business going, it must be because they need the money. Then obviously, TLC’s paycheck is not enough to cover all the expenses and lead a job free life. Yet the Browns can, and even more staggering, they did so with 18 kids and 5 adults spread over 4 houses. We have discussed their finances at length out here but this whole situation becomes more mysterious and fishy every year, if you ask me.

I am not a fan, and this isn't meant to justify them but, we only see small snippets of their lives.  A few instagram posts don't really show the rest of the 23.75 hours in their days. Who knows what really goes on.  If we had one of those go pro cameras on each of them we'd have a better idea.  But, then again, who would want to watch any of that?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I am not a fan, and this isn't meant to justify them but, we only see small snippets of their lives.  A few instagram posts don't really show the rest of the 23.75 hours in their days. Who knows what really goes on.  If we had one of those go pro cameras on each of them we'd have a better idea.  But, then again, who would want to watch any of that?

Several times they have mentioned or casually exposed a bottle of LIV water on a counter top.  This company is another MLM that they were involved with before the program started and was the entree for the catfish to meet Meri in person, so they were still involved with it at that time.

Most likely Meri, Janelle and Christine are part of Kody's downline and if they got in on the ground floor of this venture, there may be very little required of them to keep the cash flow going.  They could have an army of soldiers out there selling the product and enlisting others, and they sit back and reap the profits of their endeavors.

There just has to be some kind of an income stream that they don't discuss on the show.  TLC may have restrictions on promoting their outside businesses, I have noticed that Meri and Christine never refer directly to LLR and neither do Janelle, Maddie or Mykelti talk about their other ventures on the show.  They count on increasing their business by fans following them on Instagram and jumping on their bandwagons.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Several times they have mentioned or casually exposed a bottle of LIV water on a counter top.  This company is another MLM that they were involved with before the program started and was the entree for the catfish to meet Meri in person, so they were still involved with it at that time.

Most likely Meri, Janelle and Christine are part of Kody's downline and if they got in on the ground floor of this venture, there may be very little required of them to keep the cash flow going.  They could have an army of soldiers out there selling the product and enlisting others, and they sit back and reap the profits of their endeavors.

There just has to be some kind of an income stream that they don't discuss on the show.  TLC may have restrictions on promoting their outside businesses, I have noticed that Meri and Christine never refer directly to LLR and neither do Janelle, Maddie or Mykelti talk about their other ventures on the show.  They count on increasing their business by fans following them on Instagram and jumping on their bandwagons.

Right. Just because we don’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist (income)

• Love 6
On 9/17/2021 at 8:11 PM, lookeyloo said:

Right. Just because we don’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist (income)

This…. This is exactly what puzzles me. I would assume that there is an additional good source of income simply because of their lifestyle. But there’s absolutely nothing in the show that even suggests work.

I know editing comes a long way and can fabricate a non-existing storyline but how can you consistently filter out anything even remotely work-related? It’s never mentioned, no one is ever at work (apart from some kids) no one ever on their way home from work….. A job is not a hobby you do for an hour twice a week and can be ignored.

Sandy W mentioned the Liv water. Never heard of it. But if they did manage to get into this MLM business and are pretty high up, then this may well be how they generate extra income.  But is that enough to fund their lifestyle, rentals and equities?

• Love 8
1 minute ago, LilyD said:

This…. This is exactly what puzzles me. I would assume that there is an additional good source of income simply because of their lifestyle. But there’s absolutely nothing in the show that even suggests work.

I know editing comes a long way and can fabricate a non-existing storyline but how can you consistently filter out anything even remotely work-related? It’s never mentioned, no one is ever at work (apart from some kids) no one ever on their way home from work….. A job is not a hobby you do for an hour twice a week and can be ignored.

Sandy W mentioned the Liv water. Never heard of it. But if they did manage to get into this MLM business and are pretty high up, then this may well be how they generate extra income.  But is that enough to fund their lifestyle, rentals and equities?

I'd think it really depends on how many hours per week they film, and when the filming happens. If they confine filming mostly to weekends, or days off/vacation time-if some of them do have actual jobs-they'd be able to skirt around workplace scenes that way.

I can't imagine employers would want the circus around on a regular basis. Looky-loos and prank calls and other craziness would get annoying and out of hand very quickly.

We don't really see outside the family people or extended family much either. I'd hope they have friends and acquaintances and we just don't see them.

• Love 5

I suspect they spend every cent they earn.  That is why Kootie was frantic about having to borrow $150,000 for living expenses right after buying the mansion, Christine had to go into LLR-selling overdrive and set up a Go-Fund-Me to raise $50,000 for Ysabel's surgery, and Janelle cashed in her pension and ended up losing the money when it took forever to sell the Lehi house after they fled Utah in the night.                                                                            

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

This is what befuddles me, Kody and Robyn's mortgage on the million dollar house has to run at least 5K a month if not more, Christines mortgage on 500K home she purchased would be about 2500 or so, Meri is paying 4K a month in rent and another 2K or so for the B&B and then there is Janelle, I assume she is renting the RV for probably 1K a month - so roughly this fambily is shelling out at least 14K a month in rent/mortgages. When they brought in Flagstaff I am not sure the interest rates were as low as they are now, plus I can't imagine that they would qualify with their credit history.. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

This is what befuddles me, Kody and Robyn's mortgage on the million dollar house has to run at least 5K a month if not more, Christines mortgage on 500K home she purchased would be about 2500 or so, Meri is paying 4K a month in rent and another 2K or so for the B&B and then there is Janelle, I assume she is renting the RV for probably 1K a month - so roughly this fambily is shelling out at least 14K a month in rent/mortgages. When they brought in Flagstaff I am not sure the interest rates were as low as they are now, plus I can't imagine that they would qualify with their credit history.. 

Thanks for the numbers! This is exactly the point I was trying to make with my posts regarding their financial situation. I completely believe the 14k in mortgages and houses as most of that info is out in the open. Add to that the living expenses and extra costs and you’re somewhere between 20-25k per month for all 4 households…Even with the TLC money (alleged to be 180k) all 5 of them would need a pretty damn good fulltime job to make that work…definitely not selling a few tacky pendants or Lulatrash.

oh wait… correction; all 5, no 4 adults would have to work. Robyn is not working of course…

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 9/24/2021 at 6:53 PM, LilyD said:

Thanks for the numbers! This is exactly the point I was trying to make with my posts regarding their financial situation. I completely believe the 14k in mortgages and houses as most of that info is out in the open. Add to that the living expenses and extra costs and you’re somewhere between 20-25k per month for all 4 households…Even with the TLC money (alleged to be 180k) all 5 of them would need a pretty damn good fulltime job to make that work…definitely not selling a few tacky pendants or Lulatrash.

oh wait… correction; all 5, no 4 adults would have to work. Robyn is not working of course…

It's truly mind-boggling when you add in heat, water, electricity, car payments, taxes, food, gasoline and everything else. Did I mention heat? Imagine what it costs to keep Robyn's mansion warm in winter. 

• Love 11