Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Should Be Multiplied, Not Divided: General Show Discussion

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

It's truly mind-boggling when you add in heat, water, electricity, car payments, taxes, food, gasoline and everything else. Did I mention heat? Imagine what it costs to keep Robyn's mansion warm in winter. 

When they still were in Vegas I actually wondered about that… imagine your utility bills with 6 kids, most in their teens, who usually take showers that last a minimum of 30 minutes every day, are glued to the electricity net, have their own cars and eat like a bunch of werewolves (Janelle’s 4 boys… It’s unbelievable how much boys in their teens can eat!) tThose grocery bills must have been horrendous at the time.

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

...and Christine is living in a trailer on a windswept plain as winter approaches...

I haven't heard that Christine has joined Janelle to live in a trailer on the Plains of Plague.  AFAIK, she is still living in her Flagstaff house until her sale of the house is final and possession transfers over.  

Janelle has said that she doesn't intend to spend the winter in the trailer, but I haven't heard where she intends to live once winter does set in.  Pretty sure Robyn and Kody won't be accommodating her and Savanah.

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I haven't heard that Christine has joined Janelle to live in a trailer on the Plains of Plague.  AFAIK, she is still living in her Flagstaff house until her sale of the house is final and possession transfers over.  

Janelle has said that she doesn't intend to spend the winter in the trailer, but I haven't heard where she intends to live once winter does set in.  Pretty sure Robyn and Kody won't be accommodating her and Savanah.

Which leaves the agonising question as to where they’re going. Could they possibly have lined something up? something we missed? 
If neither has purchased a house, nor found a rental, I do see them out on Coyote Pass in RVs  this winter. It’s almost October after all and you generally do not buy and move into a new house overnight. And rentals don’t come easy in Flagstaff from what I heard out here.

I just started thinking about the possibility of them moving into a house together? The more I think about it, the more I feel like “why not?” They are sister wives and have lived together before…

• Love 7

I wonder if Janelle even knows where Janelle is going to live in the winter.

She makes this all sound like some kind of pre-planned grand adventure and she wouldn't want to be doing anything else, but I don't buy it.  There's too much weird subtext here and it bugs me that I can't figure it out.  Janelle - queen of the ONE HOUSE idea along with her man Kody - is squatting on land that was meant to be Plyg Paradise, and we all know it's never going to pan out.  Wouldn't you find it strange and sad to be living alone in an RV on a piece of land that was supposed to hold your future hopes and dreams?  And while current legal wifey lives just down the road in a mansion that's probably 20 times the cost of the RV?

Janelle can do whatever she wants but it bugs me that Savanah has no permanent place to call home and likely won't until she moves away and gets her own place.  Janelle may fancy herself a wild and free hippie going wherever the (strong) winds take her, but she's got a kid to think about.  Maybe Savanah is fine with all of this, but she's always been the ignored child (more so than even Truely, I dare say) and maybe she's used to getting the literal scraps from both of her stupid parents and doesn't dare hope for anything else.

11 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I just started thinking about the possibility of them moving into a house together? The more I think about it, the more I feel like “why not?” They are sister wives and have lived together before…

If they were all forced to move into Robyn's house, I would totally pay to watch a season of that chaos.  It's what Sobbin' and Kodoof deserve. 

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 19

Sadly, I think Savannah is like her mother and doesn't speak up. Sad this poor young lady is living out in an RV. If Janelle was single (well she is basically) and no kids at home, go for it. Seems like Gabe was kicked out and forced to find someplace to live, along with the other 2. Gees, he is just a kid still, he is what barely 18? If Christine can't afford the mortgage on her house and has to find a rennal, she is going to have to downside big time to a 2 bedroom, which would work, but it infuriates me that Robyn is sitting there up on her hill with not a care in the world while Janelle and Christine seem to be scrambling. 

• Love 8

I don’t understand why they put so much cash down or bought outright parcels of Coyote Pass.  Forget the angels singingk.   Why didn’t they just buy a smaller cheaper piece of undeveloped land  because they weren’t going to build on it anyway but it would still give them a storyline ? They could have used the extra cash to put into the homes they we really going to live in this season or until Kody gets bored again.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 10

I'd like to think that behind the scenes, Logan is guiding his brothers into living a happy life without guidance from their absent father or clueless mother.  All of Janelle's boys seem to be capable of living on their own and thriving in spite of their parents, while Maddie is clinging to her ZZZ-list celeb status to shill poison and Savanah is in the unfortunate position of having to stay with Janelle and be her best friend and gym partner until she too can leave.

Still counting on a future tell-all, co-written by Savanah and Truely.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, laurakaye said:

All of Janelle's boys seem to be capable of living on their own and thriving in spite of their parents, while Maddie is clinging to her ZZZ-list celeb status to shill poison and Savanah is in the unfortunate position of having to stay with Janelle and be her best friend and gym partner until she too can leave.

In terms of the Brown kids clinging on to TLC just like Maddie... I think it's only Mykelti and maybe Mariah who seem interested in being featured on a sort of regular basis? Aspyn actually surprised me by sort of retiring after her wedding (good for her!) But with the wedding and it's preparations so heavily featured, I was bracing for a lot more. Especially because I secretly still believe that Mitch is in the market for more wives. I doubt Gwen and Ysabel will stay on. I quite like Ysabel and hope she'll find her way outside the TLC fold.  Gwen's annoying please go....Can't say anything about Truely and Savanah yet (too young) and Robyn's girls will probably stay with mum forever, ensconced in their big mansion.

The boys: Logan is completely done as seems to be the case with Paedon and Hunter (no one in the military would want to be featured in such reality show after all). I don't think Garrisson and Gabe are overly worried with being seen every now and then, but that's it. Dayton may be able to live on his own despite his (minor?) disabilities and quirkiness but there's no way Robyn will let him. Sol is also going to stay at home, simply because no girl is ever going to be good enough for the king.

So to conclude: Maddie is definitely the one to try and keep this going. Unfortunately she's the least interesting and one of the most annoying. But with Evi she has the guaranteed ticket to more air time (poor kid)

• Love 5

I think Mitch was uncomfortable in the TV spotlight and Aspyn is deeply in love and wanted to keep checking to see if he was okay. I believe they are lying low for two reasons: said discomfort and his family's position in the AUB, which has basically disowned the Browns. He likely doesn't want to curry disfavor with his family, for the sake of being on this circus of a show. It's just not worth it.

• Love 14
On 9/29/2021 at 3:46 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

My gut tells me Mitch is a controlling person in one aspect or another.  Aspyn couldn't complete a sentence without glancing at Mitch afterwards during their couch interviews.  My thinking is he'll want another wife at some point.

I think he’s pretty conservative and iirc he did mention at one point during the show that he wasn’t opposed to the idea of having two wives. If that’s still his belief, then Aspyn’d better be prepared because she’s not going to win this one I’m afraid… (I don’t believe the bullshit claim that women are in control of adding new wives and possibly don’t even have a vote in who is going to join)

• Love 11

I also think the show is not worth it to Mitch and Aspyn- being the oldest girl and fully remembering life before TLC came into the picture she can see the good and the bad. Aspyn did a lot for her little siblings (she and Logan being natural caregivers I think) and I don’t blame her for wanting to use TLC to have a nice wedding and then bowing out. The money isn’t worth it, when you have no desire to be a fame whore. 

On 9/28/2021 at 9:14 PM, Teafortwo said:

I think Mitch was uncomfortable in the TV spotlight and Aspyn is deeply in love and wanted to keep checking to see if he was okay. I believe they are lying low for two reasons: said discomfort and his family's position in the AUB, which has basically disowned the Browns. He likely doesn't want to curry disfavor with his family, for the sake of being on this circus of a show. It's just not worth it.

I agree with this too. 

• Love 11

I just saw a LAUGHABLE promo on the people magazine's site.  They're just continuing to bitch about everything.  Kootie says no wife runs the show!!  He's not giving viewers any credit for intelligence, because it's so obvious that Robyn is in the drivers' seat.

Face it Kootie, you gave your balls to Robyn, and she's in charge.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I'm on Facebook.  Several closed groups related to a health condition, and several on quilting/sewing machines.  And friends with family and one or two others.  I regularly decline friend requests.  It has its awful qualities, but, also serves my purposes.

• Love 5