Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Should Be Multiplied, Not Divided: General Show Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Do we know for sure that SW is going to Discovery Plus?  Honestly, I subscribe to enough streaming services right now, I refuse to do another.  Just leave us snarky COL's alone and keep them on regular old TLC!  

However, for the brief time that I cut my cable cord and couldn't watch TLC, I was the one who held my breath and pouted until y'all up in these threads started doing regular recaps, which were always much better than actually watching the show, so hopefully a few of us will be able to watch this trainwreck continue to careen through Flagstaff and report back.

Since the show started and I was only watching on Netflix then, I started buying the seasons from itunes.  They don't cost that much and I can watch them anytime I want.  I already have Netflix and Hulu with 3 of us watching them it's worth the cost.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Can someone tell me which episode Robyn and Kody purchased the house that Robyn lives in in AZ?

In last season(14), near the end they were looking at houses and they only showed a scene here and there about the "buying/renting" endless debate between Kody and Robyn's polar opposite views of God's Great Plan for the Family. They showed a lot about the debate...however very little about the actual buying.

In this season just past(15), there is only one little scene where Kody is at Robyn's house when the call comes to tell them the lender has closed and they now own the house. The COVID storyline took up most of the season.

I have always wondered exactly how long they paid rental fees on those 4 U-hauls parked on the property the whole time as well as how many days they had to pay a daily rental on the house they were trying to buy.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I have always wondered exactly how long they paid rental fees on those 4 U-hauls parked on the property the whole time as well as how many days they had to pay a daily rental on the house they were trying to buy.

As I remember it, the house that Robyn was "forced" to buy because God was too busy with more pressing matters than finding her a rennal, came fully furnished.  I wondered whatever became of her throne chairs?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

As I remember it, the house that Robyn was "forced" to buy because God was too busy with more pressing matters than finding her a rennal, came fully furnished.  I wondered whatever became of her throne chairs?

I’m hoping they’re in one of the storage trucks at Coyote Pass and Janelle takes Robyn’s to make an outdoor “throne” she can use with her squatty potty stool.  She can chop Kody’s chair up for a bonfire next season as all the fools meet up where angels singk.  The gang will still be sitting around talking about their fillings, moving, and putting up their walls.  

• LOL 15
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

In last season(14), near the end they were looking at houses and they only showed a scene here and there about the "buying/renting" endless debate between Kody and Robyn's polar opposite views of God's Great Plan for the Family. They showed a lot about the debate...however very little about the actual buying.

In this season just past(15), there is only one little scene where Kody is at Robyn's house when the call comes to tell them the lender has closed and they now own the house. The COVID storyline took up most of the season.

I’ll try to recall and see if I can view it again.  My memory must be rusty, because I thought Robyn’s house was in an unfamiliar area......I recently saw something that led me to believe otherwise online.  Also, there’s a post over on the Janelle thread that confirms where it’s located.  I’m being vague here because I think there are rules about posting where realty stars live and wanted to avoid doing that.  I was just surprised.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ll try to recall and see if I can view it again.  My memory must be rusty, because I thought Robyn’s house was in an unfamiliar area......I recently saw something that led me to believe otherwise online.  Also, there’s a post over on the Janelle thread that confirms where it’s located.  I’m being vague here because I think there are rules about posting where realty stars live and wanted to avoid doing that.  I was just surprised.  

Google flagstaff hashknife

• Useful 3
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It did come fully furnished, but I think they planned to get rid of the stuff that came with the house and move Robyn's stuff in. I don't remember what plan, if any, they had for the stuff that came with the house though as I recall, the decor was not to my taste.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Google flagstaff hashknife

what's the story with this one?

flagstaff rockridge

address listed on Arizona Corporation Commission for MY SISTERWIFE'S CLOSET, LLC   

Entity Status: Active

16 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

what's the story with this one?

flagstaff rockridge

address listed on Arizona Corporation Commission for MY SISTERWIFE'S CLOSET, LLC   

Entity Status: Active

The license may be active, but the closet hasn’t been.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 6/23/2021 at 8:05 PM, laurakaye said:

Do we know for sure that SW is going to Discovery Plus?

For what it's worth: I'm in Europe and SW was (and still is) on TLC which had its own streaming service called Dplay. Dplay changed to Discovery Plus a couple of months ago. And most shows, including sister wives came along.

So, if it happened here, I'd say it's a safe bet it will happen in the US too.

• Useful 2

TLC has not confirmed, but it looks as if season 16 will premiere early in 2022 (January/February).  

Article here

The future of the Brown family seemed up in the air after the Season 15 finale of TLC's "Sister Wives." According to TV Shows Ace, tensions seemed extremely high within the polygamist clan, with husband Kody Brown even saying, "I am in polygamy hell. I can't take it anymore." During the season, fans got to see the Browns adjusting to their new life in Flagstaff, Arizona, living separately in temporary homes, according to Series Date. Adding in the COVID-19 pandemic really put a strain on the entire family's relationship, and it had some viewers worried that this could be the end of "Sister Wives" altogether. 

While nothing has been officially announced for Season 16 of "Sister Wives," Mykelti Padron, daughter of Kody and his third wife, Christine Brown, hinted that another season was in fact happening in an Instagram Live back in April (via Showbiz Cheatsheet). TLC has not confirmed anything, but there are plenty of rumors as to when the show will return, who will be in the cast, and even some of the drama you can expect to see the Brown family tackle.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

Will wonders never cease?  What, are they going to show us, Janelle in her camper, and Sludge/Pudge nuptials?  Robyn firmly esconced in her million-dollar digs?  Christine traveling to Utah and crying that she rilly, rilly, wants to move back there?  Meri selling her LLRags to her army of skanks?  Kootie acting like a maniac and whining that plyg life sucks?  

Anyone else want to guess?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Will wonders never cease?  What, are they going to show us, Janelle in her camper, and Sludge/Pudge nuptials?  Robyn firmly esconced in her million-dollar digs?  Christine traveling to Utah and crying that she rilly, rilly, wants to move back there?  Meri selling her LLRags to her army of skanks?  Kootie acting like a maniac and whining that plyg life sucks?  

You pretty much covered it. Not sure there's anything left.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Don't forget that Mykelti mentioned that her home birth had been filmed.  They are so far behind in presenting the happenings in Brownville, the child will be able to narrate the couch sessions herself.

• LOL 14
25 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Don't forget that Mykelti mentioned that her home birth had been filmed.  They are so far behind in presenting the happenings in Brownville, the child will be able to narrate the couch sessions herself.

I did forget that!  Now that FT is no longer a "banker" they'll be back, and I hope Mykelti didn't bellow in a tub like Maddie did X 2.  Maddie might want to show off their new house, too.

• LOL 6
19 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I did forget that!  Now that FT is no longer a "banker" they'll be back, and I hope Mykelti didn't bellow in a tub like Maddie did X 2.  Maddie might want to show off their new house, too.

It is my fervent hope that Tony doesn't climb into the tub with Mykelti as Caleb did with Maddie.  The water displacement would cause a tidal wave in the bathroom.  

I also think that Mykelti will have enough respect for the viewing audience not to "pull a Maddie" by reading a few pamphlets on the birth procedure and condescendingly explain her new found terminology to all.

• LOL 8
57 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

You pretty much covered it. Not sure there's anything left.

I don't think they'll ever directly refer to Lulano. Just "Meri's business." They'll likely cover Evie's medical status as well.

• Love 7

The problem is that there are many potential stories but the tend to pick one (see: moving to Flagstaff) and then beating it to dead for 10 episodes, repeating the same issues ad nauseum. 

I think they are hoping all of these riveting ideas will each buy them a new season.

But as been said, the birthin' drama looks pretty stupid when the kid is old enough to drive.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Cetacean said:

The problem is that there are many potential stories but the tend to pick one (see: moving to Flagstaff) and then beating it to dead for 10 episodes, repeating the same issues ad nauseum. 

Don't forget the numerous flashbacks to previous seasons! I guess they add those in case we weren't paying attention the first time around.
Either that, or they're added as a way to throw some more shade on the Brown's shenanigans.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Don't forget the numerous flashbacks to previous seasons! I guess they add those in case we weren't paying attention the first time around.

Or can't milk anything of interest out of the repetitive schlock so they have to rerun crap over and over.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I think they are hoping all of these riveting ideas will each buy them a new season.

Which potential stories are you thinking of?  I honestly cannot think of anything exciting there that could fill a whole season….

The move to Flagstaff probably was God’s gift in their eyes as they could escape the financial drama of those expensive houses and offer TLC an ‘interesting’ new season.
This family typically creates a drama when there is none, not just for ratings, but because they can (see their book). No matter what the costs. Other than that, they’re just stupid, annoying and boring! (Yet I still watch….)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

This family typically creates a drama when there is none, not just for ratings, but because they can (see their book). 

I think Kootie likes drama and constant moves because nobody has time to think about their predicament and what they really want in life and from their partner(s). They are always reacting to some crisis, not planning for what they really want.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, LilyD said:

Which potential stories are you thinking of?

I was being sarcastic.  In Kootie's tiny little brain, every single breath he takes must be fascinating to we, the viewers (not that I am one, I haven't watched since season 1).  So I'm sure that a trip to the grocery store goes on his list of "must see TV" and has to be scripted and filmed. 

He can't have the crew miss catching those magical moments where he approaches total strangers, puffs out his chest, and announces loudly that he has FOUR WIVES.  I would kill to have someone tell him that they don't give a flying crap and walk away.

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, Cetacean said:

In Kootie's tiny little brain, every single breath he takes must be fascinating to we, the viewers (not that I am one, I haven't watched since season 1).  So I'm sure that a trip to the grocery store goes on his list of "must see TV" and has to be scripted and filmed. 

This reminded me of the pic of Kootie wearing a high ponytail and knee brace showing his fans out in public how he can balance on one foot: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/15/15/13531738-7032467-image-m-7_1557931065265.jpg 

image.png

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
22 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

What, are they going to show us

Personally, don't care. Welcome this micro display of dysfunction. Beats the macro of current events and politics. Bring on the delusional plygs! If they are into showing the worst of themselves I am here to participate in the the snarky, judgmental commentary.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 15
14 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Aren't you all being a tad harsh?  

Let's not forget that last season Kody gave us the gift of knowing how to properly use toilet paper to wipe our nether regions during the pandemic.  He even gave a  demonstration of the appropriate amount of squares to be used for cleaning the different areas.  

That's a lesson most other reality shows would never think to do.  

It's the little things we learn from this show that give it life 😂

I had just about recovered from that display when your post brought it up again for me...

• LOL 11
5 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I can't believe I'm committing this thought to paper, but...

I can't wait to write recaps of the new season.

WHAT HAVE I BECOME

Glad to hear it!  The recaps here give me life. You and @laurakaye are way more entertaining than the actual show.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Kbo said:

Glad to hear it!  The recaps here give me life. You and @laurakaye are way more entertaining than the actual show.  

Aw, thanks!

I'm not even gonna lie – I spent way too much of my day (i.e. some of it) trying to figure out what on Earth they'll show in the next season.

They're not going to build on Prairie Plague Pass; the wives refuse to live together and now Kody is pretending he never wanted to; we're still in the middle of a worldwide pandemic so no one is really doing anything; last time we heard, Kody was whining that polygamy is Hell...

I'm both anticipating and dreading the upcoming shitshow.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

WHAT HAVE I BECOME

A hero to those of us who don’t have the talent or stamina to do what you do!

• Love 16
22 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

They're not going to build on Prairie Plague Pass; the wives refuse to live together and now Kody is pretending he never wanted to; we're still in the middle of a worldwide pandemic so no one is really doing anything;

Except that at this time last year, they were all traveling and pretty much disregarding pandemic precautions except Robyn and, therefore, Kootie). The only essential travel was for Ysabel's surgery, but Christine went to Phoenix (to resell inventory that lesser mortals couldn't unload) and Utah, Janelle went to NC and Meri was back and forth to the B&B. Meri just attended a huge gathering of ugly-cheap clothes sellers in Anaheim. I suspect if she's vaccinated she will also go on the next cruise. 

Heck I have friends who are planning to cruise this fall (I forget where - I tend to tune that sort of things out as I HATE cruises. They are breeding grounds for disease, they pollute the oceans and disrupt the daily lives of ocean-dwelling species, the US bailed them out even though most are not US-based companies etc etc. It is a disgusting way to travel, all those people in tiny rooms, gorging themselves at buffets and getting drunk and raucous. Ughhh.)

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

I predict a lot of Maddie this season. 

It will be a 3 M season. 

Maddie's gut wrenching decisions about Evangalyn's (sp) course of treatment.

Mykelti's birthing scene 

and last and least, Mariah's wedding planning.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It will be a 3 M season. 

Maddie's gut wrenching decisions about Evangalyn's (sp) course of treatment.

Mykelti's birthing scene 

and last and least, Mariah's wedding planning.

They'll also be sure to refer to Meri's catfishing, too.  Three and one to grow on!

• Love 7
On 7/30/2021 at 4:50 PM, the-grey-lady said:

WHAT HAVE I BECOME

SAME GIRL SAME

I mean really, the snark practically writes itself with these people.

I am just about to re-watch the episode where Robyn drops her cookie on the floor in front of a room full of children.  I cringed so hard during the preview that I think I pulled a back muscle - but this time I am going to re-watch and try and catch the faces of the other kids and the wives, while Robyn sobs to Kody's teenage sons and daughters that she wishes Kody would've been her "first."  EWWWWWWW but also LOLOLOLOL.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

SAME GIRL SAME

I mean really, the snark practically writes itself with these people.

I am just about to re-watch the episode where Robyn drops her cookie on the floor in front of a room full of children.  I cringed so hard during the preview that I think I pulled a back muscle - but this time I am going to re-watch and try and catch the faces of the other kids and the wives, while Robyn sobs to Kody's teenage sons and daughters that she wishes Kody would've been her "first."  EWWWWWWW but also LOLOLOLOL.

Another goldmine of misdirected emotions is when Maddie is engaging in the first tub birth.  Meri had gone to the airport to pick up Mariah and Audge and they came bouncing in to Janelle's living room in giddy high spirits.  Meri acted bewildered as to the whereabouts of the rest, (she couldn't ask the camera crew I guess).  They flounced out and returned to Meri's house to hatch conspiracy theories about being excluded, as IF Mariah and Audge would have also been welcomed to witness this momentous occasion, providing a chorus of "Ewwws" and "Glad it's not me's".

If Meri had thought to shoot one of them a text saying "hey, we're back" and Maddie had said "you can come over if you want, but leave Mariah and Audge at your house, I don't even know Audge", could you just imagine the hostility from Meri.

Just another entry in Meri's binder of slings and arrows that she maintains to remind herself of how mistreated she is by the others.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I am just about to re-watch the episode where Robyn drops her cookie on the floor in front of a room full of children.  I cringed so hard during the preview that I think I pulled a back muscle - but this time I am going to re-watch and try and catch the faces of the other kids and the wives, while Robyn sobs to Kody's teenage sons and daughters that she wishes Kody would've been her "first." 

I'm planning on rewatching the "creepy younger Kody with younger Jessop kids" drawing ep, just to see Logan's reaction to this "gift."

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I really cannot really see this show dragging on for many more seasons, especially if Prairie Plague Palace or Prairie Plague Village is not happening. They have completely fallen apart and there's nothing left of this ambitious, huge happy family.  

I'm quite sure that either this season or the next is going to be the last on the Kody Klan and shall be used as a springboard for a spinoff featuring either Christine (surviving outside the polygamous world) or Meri (rejected wife starts own successful B&B during her enduring midlife crisis)

I highly doubt they'll consider Janelle for a spinoff (literally nothing happening there). And Robyn and Kody?? Well, in the end, they're just like any other unhappily married couple of which there are plenty in this world. And who would want to watch that?

• Love 8
On 9/1/2021 at 4:07 AM, Teafortwo said:

The day before my birthday! 😁

You are my birthday twin 😃 

Aw, I would love to watch on Nov 21, but unfortunately I have to wait until someone has mercy and uploads the new season on youtube.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I had to check the date on the article, because the description sounded exactly like last season. So basically nothing has changed and they will just keep bitching and moaning without actually changing anything they are doing.

Precisely.  This is old news that we've heard about on social media and, honestly, old news for the entire world.  We've all dealt with (and endured in the entire country) Covid and its impact on everything.  Do they think their issues are any more riveting than any of ours? 

Personally, I think trying to build a season on what we've been dealing with for 18 months is just stupid with Covid Fatigue rendering people weary of hearing about it.  I see no point in rehashing that kind of crap.

Christine's not going anywhere so don't even try to pretend the "boiling point" will lead to anything.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Personally, I think trying to build a season on what we've been dealing with for 18 months is just stupid

Agreed, especially because all we’ll hear is how it’s  been so much harder for them, as everything is. 

• Love 9

I'm tired of reality shows trying to use Covid as a storyline. Just stop. Get Christine and Meri to leave Kody (Janelle is hopeless at this point). That drama I would totally tune in for. 

I would like to see a side-by-side of Janelle's RV versus Robyn's mansion. Then have Kody keep trying to say all his wives are treated equally. Say what you will about Meri, but she would never have agreed to an RV with no electrical or plumbing hookups on the prairie land. 

• Love 11