Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Should Be Multiplied, Not Divided: General Show Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm sure Robyn was whispering in Kody's ear that the way to ensure his family was selected was to court and marry her on screen. She saw big bucks, he saw big bucks and new ass. AUB turned him down due to his financial track record but it didn't stop Kody from chasing TV money. I have long suspected Robyn holds it over everyone's heads that she is the reason they have more money and stature (for what it is really worth). It is the reason Kody allows her to keep his balls locked away with the Cookie Locket. Probably the reason why she gets the biggest, best and most expensive anything in that family.

And when this train wreck is over and the money stops, she will be the first one to run. She can get alimony and child support, to hell with the rest of the fambly. 

• Love 11
On 11/3/2019 at 2:59 PM, Galloway Cave said:

I'm sure Robyn was whispering in Kody's ear that the way to ensure his family was selected was to court and marry her on screen. She saw big bucks, he saw big bucks and new ass. AUB turned him down due to his financial track record but it didn't stop Kody from chasing TV money. I have long suspected Robyn holds it over everyone's heads that she is the reason they have more money and stature (for what it is really worth). It is the reason Kody allows her to keep his balls locked away with the Cookie Locket. Probably the reason why she gets the biggest, best and most expensive anything in that family.

And when this train wreck is over and the money stops, she will be the first one to run. She can get alimony and child support, to hell with the rest of the fambly.

But, run where? She’s in a nice huge house—willing to bet she has a plan to keep it somehow. The other wives are already on the sidelines. Wouldn’t surprise me if Kody made them downsize before Robyn. He favors her like no other. 

• Love 5

I would like to know what help Robyn is getting since her niece opted not to leave Vegas. I wonder what the story was why she didn't leave and if Robyn even talks to her anymore. I still can understand why she needed help. I am one of 6 kids within 8 years or so and my mom did it all  by herself and a playpen. What about Christine's mom, did she also tag along to Flagstaff ? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I would like to know what help Robyn is getting since her niece opted not to leave Vegas. I wonder what the story was why she didn't leave and if Robyn even talks to her anymore. I still can understand why she needed help. I am one of 6 kids within 8 years or so and my mom did it all  by herself and a playpen. What about Christine's mom, did she also tag along to Flagstaff ? 

Christine's mom Annie has been MIA since she was replaced by Meri's mom Bonnie as hostess of the BnB before Meri took possession of it.  I have always had a sneaking suspicion that Bonnie provided some of the funds for the purchase as she had sold her house at that time.     I don't even think Annie was at Mykelti's (her bio granddaughter) wedding, if she was, she stayed out of camera range.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

But, run where? She’s in a nice huge house—willing to bet she has a plan to keep it somehow.

Yeah, I phrased that wrong. Robin will eject Kodouche from the house and get the house in the divorce. Plus child care and alimony ("But I'm used to a good lifestyle!"). Kody will crawl off to Christine's and find a comfy recliner there.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

But, run where? She’s in a nice huge house—willing to bet she has a plan to keep it somehow. The other wives are already on the sidelines. Wouldn’t surprise me if Kody made them downsize before Robyn. He favors her like no other. 

I agree, it won't surprise me at all if the gravy train ends and Kody makes the obedient nitwit wives tighten their belts so Robyn can continue her current lifestyle.

I also find myself wondering if any of these morons have a nest egg or retirement funds.

I can't help but think that they have little or nothing saved up.

I never hear Christine or Janelle talk about saving or anything and they're not spring chickens

They both travel fairly regularly and they seem to treat themselves to fancy foods, coffees, books, Rockstar remedies, new luxury vehicles.... The list goes on and on and I'd love to know what they plan to do in their 60's, 70's, 80's....

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I also find myself wondering if any of these morons have a nest egg or retirement funds.

HAHAHAHAHAHA......oh, you're serious?

I would bet dollars to donuts they don't even have any type of health insurance and have minimum auto insurance on their fleet.  I would further bet that they have spent every single penny of their TLC income.  Once the train runs off the tracks they are screwed but Kootie probably thinks their endlessly fascinating lives will keep them on the teevee for decades.  And he's also probably counting on a spin-off with the spawn a la Duggars.  I can see Myketi and FT going for that along with Princess Pudge and her eternal wokeness.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree, it won't surprise me at all if the gravy train ends and Kody makes the obedient nitwit wives tighten their belts so Robyn can continue her current lifestyle.

I can't help but think that they have little or nothing saved up.

I never hear Christine or Janelle talk about saving or anything and they're not spring chickens

They both travel fairly regularly and they seem to treat themselves to fancy foods, coffees, books, Rockstar remedies, new luxury vehicles.... The list goes on and on and I'd love to know what they plan to do in their 60's, 70's, 80's....

I think you're spot on. 

I also think that Kody has little or nothing to do with the first three nowadays. Mostly Christine, I gather.  I believe the only "common pot" these days is the show money, which is equally split between the five adults.  Christine and Meri keep their LLR income and Janelle keeps...her life coach income. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA......oh, you're serious?

I would bet dollars to donuts they don't even have any type of health insurance and have minimum auto insurance on their fleet.  I would further bet that they have spent every single penny of their TLC income.  Once the train runs off the tracks they are screwed but Kootie probably thinks their endlessly fascinating lives will keep them on the teevee for decades.  And he's also probably counting on a spin-off with the spawn a la Duggars.  I can see Myketi and FT going for that along with Princess Pudge and her eternal wokeness.

Tokelti are two of the most boring people ever. They're couch potatoes. I just don't see them carrying a show.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Tokelti are two of the most boring people ever. They're couch potatoes. I just don't see them carrying a show.

If anyone's going to get a spin-off it's going to be Maddie and Caleb, but for all the wrong reasons.

Edited by laurakaye
17 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think you're spot on. 

I also think that Kody has little or nothing to do with the first three nowadays. Mostly Christine, I gather.  I believe the only "common pot" these days is the show money, which is equally split between the five adults.  Christine and Meri keep their LLR income and Janelle keeps...her life coach income. 

If Kody only sees Robyn now, then Christine and Janelle must be seething with resentment.  With all the miles between them now, Kody would have more excuses not to see them, like, he's too tired to drive all that distance.  If he ignores their calls, Christine and Janelle would have to drive all the way over to Robyn's house to see what's up, which is much more awkward and stalker-like than running next door in the cul-de-sac and demanding their turns.  They probably got the message soon after the move.

I don't think any of them are good enough actors to hide this kind of resentment and it will be readily apparent when the new season starts, if indeed he is not seeing them much anymore.   Leave it to him, though, to manipulate them into thinking he's all into them again when filming starts, so they will feel happy, project that on camera, and won't sabotage the show's future.

One thing I never understood is why Meri is not angry at Robin for stealing her #1 legal wife position.  Meri's not a good actor, and she appears as if she's genuinely fond of Robyn and at least three of her kids.  If Robyn is the stealth witch she appears to be, then why does Meri still like her?

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Sokokei said:

One thing I never understood is why Meri is not angry at Robin for stealing her #1 legal wife position.  Meri's not a good actor, and she appears as if she's genuinely fond of Robyn and at least three of her kids.  If Robyn is the stealth witch she appears to be, then why does Meri still like her?

I think Meri is furious at Robyn, but everything Meri did, she did to get back into Kodork's good graces.  Kody and Robyn "say" that it was Meri's idea to divorce Kody for the sake of Robyn's kids from her prior marriage, but I'm certain the idea was actually hinted to her with the subtlety of an anvil by Kody, who was most certainly being pressured by Robyn, Head Stealth Beyotch in Charge.

Meri also claims to adore Robyn's kids with Kody because again, she knows where Kody's heart lies, and it's with King Sol and Princess Ariabelliola, so that's who Meri pretends to love the mostest, besides her own precious snowflake back in Chicago. 

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 8

So in rewatching the epidsodes, I've finally gotten to the end of the season where they re-enact the "legal divorce." Catfishing is coming up. I think this is where the show really jumped the shark. We know the family did not want the divorce shuffle to become a storyline, but sleuthers found out so they had to address it. I "fill like" from here on out it is all pretty much phoney baloney, plus cake tastings, dress fittings and weddings. It's downhill from here in terms of learning anything about polygamy. I don't think I can sit through the catfishing episodes again because of how repetitive I remember all of it being.

• Love 8

I must express my opinion here.  The divorce was in no way wife #1 Meri's idea.  Usurper Robyn got her hooks into Kootie but big, and sobbed that her 3 kids by her former husband would NOT be allowed to help populate Kootie's own plyg planet in the hereafter, UNLESS he adopted them legally.  No clue on what they did quid pro quo for the bio dad, in exchange.  

If in fact Meri did suggest bringing Robyn in as a sister wife, she underestimated the power of Victoria's Secret lingerie on Kootie's little pea brain.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I must express my opinion here.  The divorce was in no way wife #1 Meri's idea.  Usurper Robyn got her hooks into Kootie but big, and sobbed that her 3 kids by her former husband would NOT be allowed to help populate Kootie's own plyg planet in the hereafter, UNLESS he adopted them legally.  No clue on what they did quid pro quo for the bio dad, in exchange.  

If in fact Meri did suggest bringing Robyn in as a sister wife, she underestimated the power of Victoria's Secret lingerie on Kootie's little pea brain.  

There was no quid pro quo for poor ole Meri.  She gave up something valuable (to her) and got nothing in return.  Or did she?   Hmmmm...maybe that's how she could afford the Parawan B & B / family legacy house.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

So in rewatching the epidsodes, I've finally gotten to the end of the season where they re-enact the "legal divorce." Catfishing is coming up. I think this is where the show really jumped the shark. We know the family did not want the divorce shuffle to become a storyline, but sleuthers found out so they had to address it. I "fill like" from here on out it is all pretty much phoney baloney, plus cake tastings, dress fittings and weddings. It's downhill from here in terms of learning anything about polygamy. I don't think I can sit through the catfishing episodes again because of how repetitive I remember all of it being.

Yes thank you for expressing that! I feel this too and completely agree, that’s the point where the show lost the small amounts of reality and polygamy insight we were shown in beginning and became instantly about more superficial fluff.

The family closed ranks and started producing filtered and manufactured TV, after the catfishing and divorce shuffle; Shit got real with the backlash and no viewers were buying the plyg paradise dream anymore. They obviously had to come together and figure out how to still sell the lifestyle, when it was clearly imploding around them -  So we see the whitewashed ‘Meri’s a faultless victim’ in the catfishing saga, all the speaking in riddles conversations after Axel’s birth and b&b, no one addressing or going deep on the real issues even though the extreme tension is clearly there. You can see the calculated way they dance around the truth and skip having revealing conversations. 

They know if they bare too much truth, it’s acknowledging the sham; that they are together purely for the TLC paycheck and this lifestyle most definitely doesn’t ‘make each of us better’ as the opening credits claim. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I feel this too and completely agree, that’s the point where the show lost the small amounts of reality and polygamy insight we were shown in beginning and became instantly about more superficial fluff.

But did we every really learn anything about polygamy?  There was really barely an acknowledgment about any religious "tennants" (a la Robyn) except on rare occasions and even then it was the Brown version.  There was a total of one phony church service and the cringe-worthy cookie story and that's about it.  The rest was Kootie strutting around in public proclaiming his lordship and having 4 wives.  No discussion of division of work, nothing about finances, nothing about how time was divided between family, nothing about how to handle the inevitable personal squabbles.

Basically this whole charade was not about polygamy, it was about a manchild with a bunch of baby mamas with no self esteem.  I learned absolutely nothing about polygamy.  The real story about that horrible way of life is better found on programs like Escaping Polygamy which shows the real underside and horror of that cult.

• Love 15
On 11/5/2019 at 7:54 PM, DakotaJustice said:

ALL of these people are boring on their own. I used to think Meri could pull a spin off, but a bunch of LuLaNo cruises and road trips sounds snoozy. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

But did we every really learn anything about polygamy?  

Nope, except that it doesn't work! Anything occurring at the temple is too sacred to show. They don't cite chapter and verse of whatever their holy text is to justify their actions or outlook on life. (Instead, the wives mainly express themselves with Nancy's psychobabble.) Asking about Kody's schedule is deflected with, "How dare you pry into our sex lives, we won't dignify that with a comment!" The touted perk is to always have help nearby, but these wives recruited Mindy, Annie, Aspyn (Robyn gets two!), and sometimes Cheryl to be live-in help and ignored each other unless filming started up.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

But did we every really learn anything about polygamy?  There was really barely an acknowledgment about any religious "tennants" (a la Robyn) except on rare occasions and even then it was the Brown version.  There was a total of one phony church service and the cringe-worthy cookie story and that's about it.  The rest was Kootie strutting around in public proclaiming his lordship and having 4 wives.  No discussion of division of work, nothing about finances, nothing about how time was divided between family, nothing about how to handle the inevitable personal squabbles.

I would say that the first couple of seasons actually held my interest as far as the way they dressed (which I found oddly fascinating), the number of kids (trying to figure out who belonged to which baby momma), and Kody's (pathetic) attempt to at least pretend they were following religious tenets and not just his egotistical desire to get married and then have three affairs.  My interest was always in how the women got along and how they managed such a huge family.  But it soon became clear that the Big Three were eating their fillings and/or taking meds to deal with the fact that they'd "married" a man-child and, in Christine and Janelle's cases, were basically single mothers raising six children.  The obvious, palpable sadness of Meri and Christine, Janelle's checking-out sessions on the couch interviews, and Robyn pretending that all of this was meant to be turned this show into how much polygamy sucks, not how "awesome" it is.  And now, Kodoof is just doing whatever it takes to keep this gravy train rolling along, having completely abandoned the fact that in multiplying his love (yuck), he's actually destroyed his family.

• Love 18
14 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I would say that the first couple of seasons actually held my interest as far as the way they dressed (which I found oddly fascinating), the number of kids (trying to figure out who belonged to which baby momma), and Kody's (pathetic) attempt to at least pretend they were following religious tenets and not just his egotistical desire to get married and then have three affairs.  My interest was always in how the women got along and how they managed such a huge family.  But it soon became clear that the Big Three were eating their fillings and/or taking meds to deal with the fact that they'd "married" a man-child and, in Christine and Janelle's cases, were basically single mothers raising six children.  The obvious, palpable sadness of Meri and Christine, Janelle's checking-out sessions on the couch interviews, and Robyn pretending that all of this was meant to be turned this show into how much polygamy sucks, not how "awesome" it is.  And now, Kodoof is just doing whatever it takes to keep this gravy train rolling along, having completely abandoned the fact that in multiplying his love (yuck), he's actually destroyed his family.

All this.

Still, I’d like to see this family completely fall apart because it doesn’t work. As much as I dislike Janelle’s apathy, Meri’s bitchiness and Robyn’s stealth ninja-ness (I can’t find anything wrong with Christine except a little flakiness), they deserve to have a life away from that asshole while they still can. But, they’ve all played a role in this and went along with this shit show. I feel bad for the kids who were dragged into (or born into) filming. 

We know Meri’s already found an escape route. I wonder what the others will do, if anything. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 10
54 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

We know Meri’s already found an escape route. I wonder what the others will do, if anything. 

Ask yourself this question:  If by some magical occurrence you were able to take Kodufus out of the equation (not wishing ill on him or anything, just for the purpose of discussion), what would you have left of this scenario?  It’s like the question asked by him and the viewers on occasion, what would happen if he was to die?  I think in a situation like that, you would see how truly unreal and dramatized this whole family really is.  They have never been sisters of any kind.  Never cared that much about helping each other with kids, expenses, or sharing of resources.  You would pretty much see four women go their separate ways and never seeing each other, reverting to the individual families they all created with that arrogant a-hole.  

There would be no difference for Meri.  She would walk away with the landing pad she has fashioned for herself and be fine.  Good for her.  Janelle doesn’t have any young children and I could see her moving to a town that is cheaper to live and getting a job to support herself and her youngest daughter until she is emancipated - no different from any other single mother across America.  Now you have HBIC Robochin and Christine, both of which would find the biggest upset in the change in their situation.  I believe Christine had always been in love with Kodufus and has probably longed for a traditional relationship with him for a long time.  She’s just a sweet gal, who only wanted to be a wife and mother and she still has a pretty young child and no “real” means to an income to support the girls in any sort of fashion without the show.  It could be done, as any of us that have fallen on hard times can attest, but it would be hard and her standard of living would go way down.  Now you have Robochin, with all the littles, a great big house, and a marriage certificate.  She would have to fight the other women to keep all the marbles that are left, while still pretending to care about polygamy and her sister wives.  Without the show, she has NO way to keep up with those kids, that house and the bills they have no doubt wracked up in Flaggstaff.  She would be looking for a new plyg situation in a heart beat, and the other three “sisters” would be eating her dust, I guarantee it!

So you see, there really is no structure here that would be saved.  It would deconstruct quite quickly and I don’t believe there would be any remnants of this sham family.  It’s just the four women who used to share a peen.  Ironically, watching the deconstruction and each woman’s adventure of finding her real life and purpose would actually be interesting and show worthy . . . And ask yourself this . . . If Robo had never joined the family, and it had just remained the three original wives, would they have been able to pull things off and really be a family?  Would any alliances form?  Would any friendships between the kids/siblings survive?  I really do wonder at this point.

Edited by HighlandWarriorGrl
  • Love 21

To be honest, what we are seeing now is exactly how polygamy works in most sects. Separate homes and lives for the wives, wives who actively hate each other, rampant jealousy, and a horny man hitting up the home(s) of his favorite(s). In those sects that have the wives live in one house, they still are at war with the other wives and kids. In all cases, there is manipulation, emotional/verbal/physical abuse, depression and physical illness (remember, can't go to a doctor! They might get outted!). Bleeding the Beast and bankruptcy are the financial plans.

The Browns tried to show an unrealistic view of polygamy in the early seasons. All living together in one home/cuddle-sac, all wives and kids getting along, HornDog spending equal time with each wife and family, equal finances, the wives keeping all bad feelings at bay because gosh darn, polygamy is so fantastic and why ruin it with emotional failings. The Browns were trying to force-fed this plyg image on the audience to make polygamy more palatable; they knew there were upcoming legislative agendas in Utah.

They couldn't sustain that white-washed image for too long. The New Shiny Wife overthrew the #1 wife. Her kids became the favorites. #1 wife,being emotionally stunted due to the religion, turned to someone for attention and got burned. HornDog couldn't hide who his favorite wife was. Kids rebelled. Once the Utah legislative situation was over, there was no public reason to show how "wonderful" polygamy is. They had to turn to manufactured story lines to try and hold an audience. Fortunately, they have kids getting married and babies being born. The move to Flagstaff, while decided by Robin, was turned into a several-season story (buying Prairie Dog Flats, rental homes, B&B, etc.). 

I am betting that if there is a next season, it will be the last. The viewing audience has seen the light, other plyg shows have shown the darkness and everyone is getting bored with the Brown Clowns.

• Love 19
47 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Janelle doesn’t have any young children and I could see her moving to a town that is cheaper to live and getting a job to support herself and her youngest daughter until she is emancipated - no different from any other single mother across America.

Would she wait for Kody's funeral to start packing to move to North Carolina to be with Maddie?

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I wondered if Robyn hadn’t joined the family how things might of turned out also. The 3 wives had something working for decades only to have the new brunette wife take the husband completely. Meri must be devastated especially knowing Kody doesn’t seem to care at all. Polygamy doesn’t work for this bunch but maybe for some (the Dargers). I hope Christine can move on to a nice Christian guy. Janelle seems content with her food and I don’t blame her one bit. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Basically this whole charade was not about polygamy, it was about a manchild with a bunch of baby mamas with no self esteem.  I learned absolutely nothing about polygamy.  The real story about that horrible way of life is better found on programs like Escaping Polygamy which shows the real underside and horror of that cult.

No and I agree with you. I never said we learned anything about polygamy (particularly the religious aspect), I just said we got some truthful glimpses and insight to reality of their lifestyle intially.  The jealousy, the hierarchy, the wedding dress storm out etc, there was real truthful conversations and emotions on display. Last season it’s like they’ve realised how it was all being portrayed and seemed to close ranks, gloss over and avoid having more of the truthful talking head conversations and confrontation on camera; it became more about boring cake tasting filler and fluff. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

All this.

Still, I’d like to see this family completely fall apart because it doesn’t work. As much as I dislike Janelle’s apathy, Meri’s bitchiness and Robyn’s stealth ninja-ness (I can’t find anything wrong with Christine except a little flakiness), they deserve to have a life away from that asshole while they still can. But, they’ve all played a role in this and went along with this shit show. I feel bad for the kids who were dragged into (or born into) filming. 

Same here...

I'm hoping when Kodys House of Cards comes tumbling down someone will spill the beans with a tell all and grab the last few dollars.

One of the things that has actually surprised me is how quiet fat Tony is.... I recall the first time I saw Tony and I thought Omg here we go!... He was such a big mouth and didn't seem to give a damn about any of it including king Kody.... but he's turned out to be a bit of a nerd who toes the line.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

No and I agree with you. I never said we learned anything about polygamy (particularly the religious aspect), I just said we got some truthful glimpses and insight to reality of their lifestyle intially.  The jealousy, the hierarchy, the wedding dress storm out etc, there was real truthful conversations and emotions on display. Last season it’s like they’ve realised how it was all being portrayed and seemed to close ranks, gloss over and avoid having more of the truthful talking head conversations and confrontation on camera; it became more about boring cake tasting filler and fluff. 

The past couple of seasons it has seemed to me that the "cast" of the show is getting burned out and going through the motions just to keep the money rolling in.  For the most part, I think Meri and Janelle are over the whole family dill, and struggle to look even halfway interested in continuing the contrived plot lines.  Robyn has exactly what she wanted all along with Kootie and a big house all to herself, so she has no need to plot and scheme.  As I've probably said before, Kootie seems to be throwing Christine a few crumbs of his attention now and then, so she doesn't have a lot of major gripes these days either.

The show seems to have run its course, and needs to be put out of its misery.  Maybe do a couple of update episodes every year for a while.  Most of us are more interested in their lives after television than anything in their current lives.  

• Love 11
11 hours ago, MonicaM said:

The show seems to have run its course, and needs to be put out of its misery.  Maybe do a couple of update episodes every year for a while.  Most of us are more interested in their lives after television than anything in their current lives.  

How much time can Walmart greeters take off (all at the same time) for filming updates?

• LOL 13
19 hours ago, ErikaOnline said:

I wondered if Robyn hadn’t joined the family how things might of turned out also. The 3 wives had something working for decades only to have the new brunette wife take the husband completely. Meri must be devastated especially knowing Kody doesn’t seem to care at all. Polygamy doesn’t work for this bunch but maybe for some (the Dargers). I hope Christine can move on to a nice Christian guy. Janelle seems content with her food and I don’t blame her one bit. 

I don't think polygamy works for any bunch.  I just think the Darger wives toe the line better for Joe Darger than the Brown wives do for Kody.  As I recall, Joe's wives were not a happy bunch in the few episodes we saw on TLC.  They're just better pretenders.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I don't think polygamy works for any bunch.  I just think the Darger wives toe the line better for Joe Darger than the Brown wives do for Kody.  As I recall, Joe's wives were not a happy bunch in the few episodes we saw on TLC.  They're just better pretenders.

Agree.  I read their book and at some point all the wives struggled with feeling that they were not #1 in Joe's eyes, or that he loved another wife more than the others.  It probably didn't help that they all lived in the same house.  At least the Browns each had their own unit, same with the Williams.  But I think they moved into one big house within the past few years.

• Love 3

Joe Darger was a regimented asshole, from my observation.  And of course, Meri had to say, "I could be married to that."  The Williams husband (Brady?) played favorites just like Kootie does.  

The only thingk I've gleaned from watching shows about polygamists is that the women are most always miserable.  

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Joe Darger was a regimented asshole, from my observation.  And of course, Meri had to say, "I could be married to that."  The Williams husband (Brady?) played favorites just like Kootie does.  

The only thingk I've gleaned from watching shows about polygamists is that the women are most always miserable.  

I agree. The women do seem miserable on all the plyg shows. How sad. I guess sharing a peen isn't all that great! 😄

I personally think it's greedy of a man to do have multiple wives.  He can't emotionally be there for all of them.  Sexually, yeah, but the emotions count too. And we have seen Kody bitch about that.  

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 11

Polygamy does not work for anyone. The founding plygs in my former town were independents, the wives worked, they lived in separate apartments and would go visit the patriarch in his suite of rooms for boom-boom time. They were still all miserable due to the brainwashing and jealousy. Years after he died, most of them are still a little twisted upstairs. There are other plyg families that remain in the town and they are just as screwed up as the founder's family.

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Cherry Cola said:

I agree. The women do seem miserable on all the plyg shows. How sad. I guess sharing a peen isn't all that great! 😄

I personally think it's greedy of a man to do have multiple wives.  He can't emotionally be there for all of them.  Sexually, yeah, but the emotions count too. And we have seen Kody bitch about that.  

Pesky women and their crazy hormones!

Several seasons ago, I remember during a family RV trip, Kody wanted to visit a friend of his who Christine didn't like - I think the guy was vocal about his anti-plyg stance - and she told Kody that they shouldn't visit this dude.  Kody was all, "go take a Midol and chill."  Or something along those lines.  I recall wanting to slap the frizz right off his head through my tv screen.

Spoiler alert - they did go and visit the friend.  Shocker.

• Love 11
On 11/7/2019 at 7:24 AM, Kohola3 said:

I learned that I was no more supportive of polygamy after watching this than I was before.  In fact, if possible, I am even less supportive.   I do recall that they had had a birthday party for one of the founders of Mormonism, but I have often wondered if regular LDS people also do that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Not to mention, there are fewer women for the number of available men in the community, leaving many young men alone.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Or banished from the community. 

There are lots of horrible stories about the Lost Boys being cast out.  What a disgusting "faith".  Horny old men and their child brides all in the name of god.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Or banished from the community.  Old guys can't handle competition.

Exactly.  I had no idea that this happened until I watched "Escaping Polygamy."  I cannot fathom sending my teenage son out into the world to fend for himself with no skills, no money, no place to stay.  It's sickening.

• Love 3
On 11/7/2019 at 5:24 AM, Kohola3 said:

But did we every really learn anything about polygamy?

I learned that it completely sucks. Until I watched this show and the ones that came after it I thought polygamy was a harmless alternative lifestyle. Whatever 3, 4, 5 consenting adults wanting to do was fine with me. Now, I don't think it benefits anyone but the husband, who gets to screw around with his wife's permission. The wives and children are constantly shortchanged the attention of their husband/father. Few people make enough money to support 2-3 different households, so there they have to fall back on food stamps and other programs. And all the wives are jealous and unhappy, but they're not allowed to admit it. 

• Love 13

I just finished suggested reading "The Polygamous Wives Writing Club" about pioneer sister wives before 1890. The jealousy, wanting separate homes, and only feeling as one with their husband on honeymoon and road trips without the other wives are very familiar to watchers of this show.  It also seemed like the plyg divorce rate was much higher than for monogamists in the 1840s-1890.

If a husband's wives all divorce him and get sealed to others, does the husband still get eternal salvation?  

Next on my list, "Sound of Gravel". My public library has multiple copies of both.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

I just finished suggested reading "The Polygamous Wives Writing Club" about pioneer sister wives before 1890. The jealousy, wanting separate homes, and only feeling as one with their husband on honeymoon and road trips without the other wives are very familiar to watchers of this show.  It also seemed like the plyg divorce rate was much higher than for monogamists in the 1840s-1890.

I am reading it right now.  There is so much in there that correlates directly to what we see on Sister Wives.  I've already read stories from the pioneer version of Meri, Robyn and Kody.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2