Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Should Be Multiplied, Not Divided: General Show Discussion

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Wasn't the initial BS that he was "in banking" like he was some bigwig?  Nobody bought that about  8 seconds after seeing him.

Oh I thought he could be a Bank teller.  Why not?  lol

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Wasn't the initial BS that he was "in banking" like he was some bigwig?  Nobody bought that about  8 seconds after seeing him.

He tried to impress by imparting his wisdom of how the financial world works when he suggested they could release capital to pay for the wedding by taking out a home equity loan.

• Love 3

So I googled Tony - here is what I found.  Bank Teller?  Still thinking it could be.   http://fundamentalists.wikia.com/wiki/Tony_Padron

Banking Career

Tony works in banking. It is unknown which bank he works for or what he does there.[2

LOL, also this site:    http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/who-is-tony-from-sister-wives-151155

Tony Padron's job is kind of a mystery.

He works as a banker in St. George, UT. Not much is known about his specific position, and he hasn't talked about his career on camera. Many fans seem to think he's trying to get as much money from the Browns as he can.

• Love 1

I'm thinking bank teller - at best.  Maybe he fills ATM machines.  He doesn't have a physical presence to have any kind of position of power unless dressing like a slob and talking like a moron is the norm in that part of the world. 

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Oh I thought he could be a Bank teller.  Why not?  lol

I would believe janitor at a bank. Bank Teller, not so much. Bank Teller is a lot of responsibility to get transactions perfect. Also requires constant interaction with public. I would not trust him handling my banking transactions in a confidential, professional manner. Would you?

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Hmm, could it be a food bank?  Or a riverbank?  Or a sperm bank?  (sorry)

Oh - you could be on to something!  Maybe he works in BurBANK - pushing around a little taco vending wagon?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Hmm, could it be a food bank?  Or a riverbank?  Or a sperm bank?  (sorry)

He sells his plasma and blood and therefore works at the Blood Bank. By the pint.  About 1 hour every 10 days. 

• Love 9
On 1/7/2018 at 4:02 PM, Kohola3 said:

They did. Now we get to suffer through enjoy it in retrospect through numerous tedious exciting episodes of planning and joyful high jinks.

Oh, boy! Two entitled (very young) quasi-adults who they're entitled to whatever ridiculousness their little hearts desire without any work on their parts! How will I contain my excitement while watching these two dynamos? It's a mystery all right.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm thinking bank teller - at best.  Maybe he fills ATM machines.  He doesn't have a physical presence to have any kind of position of power unless dressing like a slob and talking like a moron is the norm in that part of the world. 

Former banking VP here.  There are lots of back office banking jobs that have no public contact.  I doubt any bank would allow him customer contact.  But who knows?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, toodles said:

Former banking VP here.  There are lots of back office banking jobs that have no public contact.  I doubt any bank would allow him customer contact.  But who knows?

Well, he's in St. George . . . not like downtown Manhattan.  Kind of a more relaxed clientele where he lives.

• Love 1
On 1/2/2018 at 0:04 AM, HelloOutThere said:

Just watched as well and great summary! Also noted Tony’s (and Mykelti’s) added size. The way Tony mouths off to Kody and the entire family is disrespectful. Tony hides it under the guise of “joking” and “sarcasm,” but it’s just an excuse to be an a-hole. His jokes are base and not even funny. He’s definitely not coming across as the most intelligent person. I think Kody is a joke but he’d be totally justified strongly putting Tony in place before he gets completely out of control.

Seems like this season will be a pretty glorious train wreck, maybe even with a plane crash added on top. I have to admit that few shows make me LOL or truly gasp in shock more than this shit show.

So many ridiculous moments in just the first episode. Tony’s grandparents looking terrified at dinner not knowing wtf was happening bc Tony was too busy scarfing down lasagna instead of translating for his family and making them feel comfortable. Christine’s mother rolling up in a clapped out jalopy of a minivan. Meri braying nervous laughter as she unveiled her “secret” B&B plan to Robyn’s horror while Mariah instantly laughed at and dismissed the idea. Mykelti matter of factly saying that 400 people will attend their wedding since she and tony have so many friends. Tony saying his family brings six packs and forties to wedding and groom gets to keep the extra. Kody freaking out about the cost while the wedding coordinator slowly realized what a crazy train just rolled into the venue.  

And my very fav moment - when arranging the tables for dinner and Kody got outvoted on the set up, he tantrum that started with “This is so stupid I want to walk out!!”

It’s gonna be a great season on this board, friends. Happy New Year!

Hilarious post!  And this almost tossed me out of my chair -- :  "Meri braying nervous laughter as she unveiled her “secret” B&B plan to Robyn’s horror while Mariah instantly laughed at and dismissed the idea."   (Btw, "braying" was the perfect way to describe the crazy laughter coming from Meri after her big announcement.)

• Love 6
On 1/12/2018 at 6:34 PM, toodles said:

Customer: I would like to make a deposit.

Tony the Teller: Dubious!

• Love 7
10 hours ago, suomi said:

Customer: I would like to make a deposit.

Tony the Teller: Dubious!

Bahahahaha!

Can you imagine if he was in charge of opening accounts? "No, you don't want that type. You're gonna get this type. It's better. how do I know? Because it's the same kind of all my tacky, Mexican relatives get."

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

He works as a Personal Banker for a huge national bank who won’t let him mention them on TV.  

No surprise there!  Would YOU want your company associated with FT?  lol

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

He works as a Personal Banker for a huge national bank who won’t let him mention them on TV.  

Seriously?  How has he not gotten fired?  Between his attitude and style I would not have him be a 'face' for my biz.  I was told early on in my career that while we had no real dress code, everyone needed to dress 'on purpose'.  Meaning dress like you meant to look that way.  If FT means to look the way he does, he perhaps would be best suited in a job in the 'back of the house'.  If that is his best, OY!  I would prefer my staff dress in clean clothes suited to the occasion and not look like they smell like head grease and hot dogs.

• Love 3

On Tony's FB page there is a picture posted last September of him and Mykelti in a title company standing next to a guy with a big gift basket.  Tony and Mykelti are holding up a big sign that says,"Welcome to your dream!  Terra Title congratulates Tony and Mykelti on the purchase of your new home!"  Did we know this and how can those two afford a house when they've been married fifteen minutes and she works in a pawn shop?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NotEatingKale said:

TLC just confirmed Aspyn got engaged on her recent trip to Seattle. Someone here guessed it first (forgot the username), but wow, a great guess!

So Logan AND Aspyn weddings next season? I know Logan and Michelle said they'd probably have a long engagement but...

These kids are all so damn young. 

1 hour ago, taragel said:

So Logan AND Aspyn weddings next season? I know Logan and Michelle said they'd probably have a long engagement but...

These kids are all so damn young. 

Michelle mentioned 2020 for their wedding. She also stated it will not be on the show. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, taragel said:

I hope she wins and they stay strong against the lure of TLC $$. :)

I have hope for the these two.  Logan isn't on the show unless his arm is twisted to show up for some stupid vacation.  His reactions are pretty funny when his douchey dad was bitching about parking cars in Hawaii.  I think he wants a private life and good for him.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

On Tony's FB page there is a picture posted last September of him and Mykelti in a title company standing next to a guy with a big gift basket.  Tony and Mykelti are holding up a big sign that says,"Welcome to your dream!  Terra Title congratulates Tony and Mykelti on the purchase of your new home!"  Did we know this and how can those two afford a house when they've been married fifteen minutes and she works in a pawn shop?

The woman beside Mykelti is the Pawn Shop guy's wife.

tonym.jpg

• Love 2

How in the hell have these two yahoos qualified for a home loan?   It's a serious question.   I'm dumbfounded.  Did they bring in that big a check from this season?  Has Tony already taken out a mortgage?  Groceries are expensive!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, tabloidlover said:

How in the hell have these two yahoos qualified for a home loan?   It's a serious question.   I'm dumbfounded.  Did they bring in that big a check from this season?  Has Tony already taken out a mortgage?  Groceries are expensive!

Especially when you eat 10 tacos per meal!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, lettsjetts said:

The woman beside Mykelti is the Pawn Shop guy's wife.

tonym.jpg

How much do we think Tony makes? 40k per year? Maybe Mykelti makes 20k per year? (Not sure if she still works at the Pawn Shop, but the latest episode [or was it the one before....?] showed her working with her name tag and all.)

Just checked Realtor.com and you can buy a 2-bedroom townhouse for 150k, which they can afford. But it's crazy to me that these two schmucks are HOMEOWNERS because they still seem so juvenile and stupid. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Kyanight said:

What on earth are they wearing???  Matching Jack LaLanne outfits?  

FT appears to be a bit smaller than he was in the photo from the wedding. Mykelti looks larger, maybe. Is the sign a prop to disguise a pregnancy?7

• Love 3

It seems as though Mykelti's hair is growing out.  I noticed the blonde roots in the picture above and on the TH after the recent show.  The pregnancy idea may be legit.

• Love 3

This show is getting so stale.   Week after week they manufacture some type of drama and it’s getting so old.  I would be surprised to see it on next year.....or.....next year it breaks off into separate mini shows featuring the married couples....

5 minutes ago, Justaguess said:

I would be surprised to see it on next year.....or.....next year it breaks off into separate mini shows featuring the married couples....

Which would be like watching paint dry.  Who cares?  I can watch my young neighbors and see the same thing.  Unless they talk one of them into polygamy to try and keep this train running.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Which would be like watching paint dry.  Who cares?  I can watch my young neighbors and see the same thing.  Unless they talk one of them into polygamy to try and keep this train running.

I don't know.... Mykelti and FT could possibly make an interesting spin-off.  They are so far off in left-field!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I don't know.... Mykelti and FT could possibly make an interesting spin-off.  They are so far off in left-field!

Their trash can could have a show of it’s own. In every scene at Mykelti’s apartment, there it was in the background, overflowing in the exact same way, untouched. Either everything was filmed on the same day, or they just don’t bother emptying it, and there was more somewhere. Sloths.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Their trash can could have a show of it’s own. In every scene at Mykelti’s apartment, there it was in the background, overflowing in the exact same way, untouched. Either everything was filmed on the same day, or they just don’t bother emptying it, and there was more somewhere. Sloths.

I noticed that too! The place doesn't have to be spotless, but they could at least empty the trash!

• Love 2
On 1/31/2018 at 6:49 AM, neh said:

It seems as though Mykelti's hair is growing out.  I noticed the blonde roots in the picture above and on the TH after the recent show.  The pregnancy idea may be legit.

i thought the same thing, she's preggers. 

• Love 1