Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Should Be Multiplied, Not Divided: General Show Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Ah yes! "The Wives Diet Woes" 

And during the weigh in Robyn was about 8 months pregnant with Sol. 

That's also the episode where they're at an all you can eat buffet where Robyn is being picky about her chicken and eating noodles like she's choking, while Janelle virtuously but miserably selects a plate of what appears to be iceberg lettuce. 

http://sisterwivesblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/review-s03ep06-wives-diet-woes.html?m=1

86E9BB14-5A16-482F-B1BB-4FD29A0BC0A9.jpeg

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Just because you can stuff your muffin top into a 14 doesn't make you a size 14.  That was back when she wore "modest" but clingy 3/4 sleeve T-shirts under her spaghetti-strapped summer tank tops.

She was no size 14 at that weight.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

Just because you can stuff your muffin top into a 14 doesn't make you a size 14.  That was back when she wore "modest" but clingy 3/4 sleeve T-shirts under her spaghetti-strapped summer tank tops.

Uh-huh.  I wonder where she bought her clothes then.  I'm a 12/14 and weigh 160.  When I weighed what she did then, I was an 18/20. 

Lies, all lies.

• Love 11

In the beginning Meri would have easily been a size 14 or smaller. See the comparison here, she was the same size as Robyn. Now she’s easily comparable with Janelle. I just watched season 10 talking head last night and Meri was obviously bigger than ever before. It really stood out to me. 650C9009-21C1-4935-BDFC-8C72C13282BF.thumb.jpeg.1ba96969989190696a2d7ea53a1bc4f8.jpeg

• Love 3

I do remember the old intro, and it looked like Meri was in pretty good shape then.  When they updated the intro, she was looking at least 40 pounds bigger.  In the later seasons dressed in her LLN rags, she appeared heavier still.  

Robyn's also gained from that skinny young thang that Kootie scored the show with.  Christine's the only one that has gotten skinnier from the early days.

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I do remember the old intro, and it looked like Meri was in pretty good shape then.  When they updated the intro, she was looking at least 40 pounds bigger.  In the later seasons dressed in her LLN rags, she appeared heavier still.  

Robyn's also gained from that skinny young thang that Kootie scored the show with.  Christine's the only one that has gotten skinnier from the early days.

Just flashed on this from season 1. Everyone seemed happier and Meri was MUCH thinner (she's at the end making her chicken and asparagus in her tidy little kitchen while everyone else eats fish sticks, tater tots, tortillas and corn in Christine's apartment. Part of me suspects that Meri dieted down for filming but I could be wrong.) 

ETA that meal Christine is serving...ALL THE FOOD is YELLOW. Also it kills me that Kody raves about Christine being a fabulous cook when all she did was open some bags and dump them on cookie sheets...but now I want tater tots.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6

I noticed in Season 10 that in scenes filmed at different times Meri seemed to vary in weight by ~40 lbs, with Sofa Sloth's pic showing her at her heaviest in 2018/19.  Robyn was thinner in that pic but in the last episode she looked to be 20 lbs heavier.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I noticed in Season 10 that in scenes filmed at different times Meri seemed to vary in weight by ~40 lbs, with Sofa Sloth's pic showing her at her heaviest in 2018/19.  Robyn was thinner in that pic but in the last episode she looked to be 20 lbs heavier.  

Maybe just unflattering Lularags also but she drastically changed in weight this season. I do agree about the abrupt fluctuation, must be due to that creative chop and change editing TLC loves to do over the however many months they film. Here’s another pic of her rivalling Janelle. 

A140148E-CA9F-4E1E-9A76-211782E97A9A.thumb.jpeg.a350f4200c9e2ca3895e62ff474ec351.jpeg

Side note: I’m willing to bet she uses a skinny filter on her instagram pics. I downloaded an app once out of curiosity to play around with, its super easy to do. Lulanoe probably encourages it. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Part of me suspects that Meri dieted down for filming but I could be wrong.)

Agree.  I think both Meri and Robyn went on a strict diet to lose any excess weight, prior to the filming of the show.   The very first clips when Meri still had long hair, she seemed very skinny.  

• Love 6
15 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Uh-huh.  I wonder where she bought her clothes then.  I'm a 12/14 and weigh 160.  When I weighed what she did then, I was an 18/20. 

Lies, all lies.

Agreed. And who knows what Meri weighs now, she looks to me to be around 220 or more. She may have been in 10/12 territory when the show first aired, but she’s gained a lot since then. 

All that sitting and traveling has done her no favors. She certainly doesn’t carry it well. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Agreed. And who knows what Meri weighs now, she looks to me to be around 220 or more. She may have been in 10/12 territory when the show first aired, but she’s gained a lot since then. 

All that sitting and traveling has done her no favors. She certainly doesn’t carry it well. 

Maybe that's why she latched on to LLOhNo, she thought those flimsy, flowing duster coats would disguise what lies below.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

Maybe that's why she latched on to LLOhNo, she thought those flimsy, flowing duster coats would disguise what lies below.

I think it's the nature of LLR. The vanity sizing and the styles and the stretchy fabric. 

This video from a few years ago (shes kind of annoying but you'll get my point) is a gal who started wearing the leggings all the time then one day tried to fit into her jeans and she'd outgrown them. 

Meri is a LLR small so she thinks she's just fine. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think it's the nature of LLR. The vanity sizing and the styles and the stretchy fabric. 

This video from a few years ago (shes kind of annoying but you'll get my point) is a gal who started wearing the leggings all the time then one day tried to fit into her jeans and she'd outgrown them. 

Meri is a LLR small so she thinks she's just fine. 

Watched the whole thing on the treadmill. I like this woman. 

I just wonder, how can Meri look at herself in photos or on video and not see an XL woman? For most of us, that’s the biggest reality check. And jeans not fitting  

I gained weight 2 years ago after an injury and when my 30x32s were too small, I was like “What?!?” Waist size doesn’t lie like other jeans do. 

It can happen to anyone, even fitness people. It’s what you do with the disappointment that sets your path. I have size 28s I wanna get into in the next 6 weeks. 

• Love 5
On 6/22/2019 at 9:35 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

I’d definitely think Janelle’s thought about the financials and that’s likely her main concern, but despite not growing up in the faith, I believe she’s the most committed there, so was more than willing to sacrifice her dollars and power for a quarter share in doofus’s dick and an after-life dream. 

Christine knows the bleed the beast game well having been raised in it and obviously had no problems capitalising on her single mother status food stamp wise, but emotionally she just wants to be loved and to have the validation. I think she was also the most ok with her position of third wife (or was until she realised she wouldn’t be the favored loved last). 

Meri obviously got rolled, whether she was pushed or jumped before she got pushed, it was clearly emotionally damaging in the extreme to her, to have that status she’d always lorded above the others ripped out from under her. ‘They’ve got all the kids, but at least I have the legal status’ then suddenly she has nothing and is ripe for a catfishin’.  I think her massive drive to financially support herself and ‘do it all on her own’ came from this betrayal of losing that safety net and making sure she isn’t left without. 

Robyn had the gold digger tendency from day one. She saw the cameras and tlc contract from her tiny cold trailer and was all in. For her, it’s probably always been about clawing her way up and cementing her place in the 7 bedroom mansion and getting that financial security. Her over-it attitude is so different now from her doe-eyed honeymoon eyes at Kody before the legal marriage. She’s all set now and done being sweet to him.

Exceptionally well-put!

• Love 9

It’s hard to gauge how much an influencer makes, but according to Later, an Instagram marketing company, one rule of thumb is $100 per post per 10,000 followers, so someone with 250,000 followers might make $2,500 per post.

Things like category exclusivity (the influencer can’t post about competitors) and content licensing, which allows the brand to post the influencer’s content on its platforms, can also increase what an influencer makes.

Engagement rates - likes, comments, interactions - are in decline, but that’s less true among micro-influencers like Adamo, whose high levels of engagement are attractive to brands looking to partner. Where an influencer really aligns with a brand, there may be potential for lucrative long-term deals. So engagement is what brands care about.

“Are [the influencers] responding back to fans? Are they getting comments? That’s a big deal for brands,” says Lisa Jammal, CEO of Social Intelligence Agency, a social media agency based in L.A. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2019/07/the-coast-of-utopia-surfer-moms-instagram-influencers?inline

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

No wonder they got (what they thought were) such good dills on the Prairie Dog Flats properties.  Have they paid the mortgages & property taxes on them yet?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
36 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Heads up, Brown grifters!  I nifty new MLM for you to pursue.  And it can be done without setting foot out of your (rented) homes!

I used to be a travel agent and I went to a convention and met a "travel agent" who asked me which cruise port is in Nevada.  I thought she was punking me.  I said Nevada is in the SW desert.  But she asked me the same question again.  After a really painful conversation, in which I told her LA is the closest cruise location since it's on the California coast.  Then she asked me which cruise lines leave from CA and go to Bermuda.  At that point I told her to ask Mr. Google.

My way off topic point is there are worse ones out there.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Re-watching Season 4, wanted to give everyone a heads up that in episode 8, Meri's brother Adam (Janelle's ex-husband) appears, is identified by name (no mention of connection to Janelle of course) -- and speaks! Scene where 4 older kids go to Lehi for spring break and have dinner with Meri's extended family.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

So I've been watching the show from the beginning, and I'm at Season 5 episode 5 and I think I'm finally getting maxed out. I'm pretty sure this is the episode where they kill and bury their dog and I'm not sure I can take it. That is all.

• Love 2

Still slowly re-watching all the seasons and just watched the one where they go to SF to look for commitment dresses (and try to "bond") and so funny -- in one of the couch sessions they discuss a shirt Meri tried on in SF, that she didn't like, and Christine insists it was the jeans, not the shirt and that if Meri would wear it with leggings, it would look great. Meri says she would never, ever wear leggings, and kind of ribs Christine for wearing them. She was adament this was an absolute fashion NO for her. Hahahahha.

But by the end of the episode, thanks to Kody's obtuseness, Truely is really sick and I dread seeing the following episode where she almost dies of kidney failure. Not sure I can watch that again.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

What I remember about Truely's illness is how very upset Aspyn was, and how when Meri was updated by Kody via phone call about how Truely was doing, she seemed like she could not have cared less and continued wiping down her beloved wetbar.

That's a dificult episode to watch.  I would venture that most of us were pretty disturbed by watching a listless Truely lying on the couch while Kody was in charge and doing heaven knows what.  But I'm sure it got the bump in ratings that Kody was hoping for. 

Edited by laurakaye
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

What I remember about Truely's illness is how very upset Aspyn was, and how when Meri was updated by Kody via phone call about how Truely was doing, she seemed like she couldn not have cared less and continued wiping down her beloved wetbar.

That's a dificult episode to watch.  I would venture that most of us were pretty disturbed by watching a listless Truely lying on the couch while Kody was in charge and doing heaven knows what.  But I'm sure it got the bump in ratings that Kody was hoping for. 

Kody was grandstanding at the grill, while Truely lay dehydrating.  When Aspyn came out of the house and expressed concern for Truley's condition, father of the year flippantly told her to give Truely some Liv water.

22 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Kody could morph overnight to look like Robert Downey Jr. and I would still think he's a disgusting caveman because of this event above, and also because he's a master at causing chaos at the expense of his family.  He does this on purpose - because when he flippantly tosses out stressful challenges like "pack up your things and be ready to move in 48 hours" or "drive to a brand-new city by yourself and find a house by next week Tuesday," then his wives and kids will be too busy panicking to notice that Kody himself does nothing.  NOTHING.  Stupid things like yammering about finding the perfect spot on the beach, tantruming that no one knows how hard it is to park 18 cars at a restaurant in Hawaii, or standing on tippy-toes at the top of a ladder stringing up lights between the houses on the cuddle-sac are all part of his diversionary tactics to pretend to be the busy, harried husband to four wives and 39 kids, when in reality, he takes no ownership of anything.  And that's ON HIM.

He's horrible.

lolol...so true

I have often wondered if the camera crew purposely "catch" Kody napping or being awoken from a nap as often as it has happened on the show is done purely to point out how often he is napping while everyone else is working on keeping everything functioning.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Roslyn said:

lolol...so true

I have often wondered if the camera crew purposely "catch" Kody napping or being awoken from a nap as often as it has happened on the show is done purely to point out how often he is napping while everyone else is working on keeping everything functioning.

He sure wasn't when they were moving to Flagstaff.  He wouldn't listen  when they said to stagger everyone.  Instead of moving all at once.  I couldn't believe that knowing for 3-6 months that they were going to be moving,  why were they taking so long to get everything packed up? 

• Love 5

I did like how Maddie and a couple others were sick of waiting for the rest of the convoy to get their act together and just hopped in the UHaul and took off so they could start unloading the first truck at Robyn's and get on with their lives.  Meanwhile, an hour or two after the planned departure time, Robyn decides to give Areola a bath.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I did like how Maddie and a couple others were sick of waiting for the rest of the convoy to get their act together and just hopped in the UHaul and took off so they could start unloading the first truck at Robyn's and get on with their lives.  Meanwhile, an hour or two after the planned departure time, Robyn decides to give Areola a bath.

They may have already packed the groceries and the only thing available to feed Areola for lunch was some of bonus mom Janelle's canned cabbage.  This predictably caused another blow-out diaper and as Kody had already taken command of the wagon train, Robyn had to bathe the child herself.  There are some situations where baby wipes are simply not enough.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

There are some situations where baby wipes are simply not enough.

True, but that is an incentive for most parents to begin toilet training before the kid heads off to college.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Do we know when season 27 or whatever of this show is going to air?  I think we know they're filming.  I rilly want to see Kodork unveil his plans for Plyg Prairie Plague Palace to his unsuspecting wives/baby mommas/exes!  Don't leave us hanging, Browns - are you all going to live in individual turrets?  Will the walls be soundproofed enough for the current Mrs. Brown to swing from the chandeliers?  Will Truely be allowed to adopt a wild prairie dog?  Will Robyn sob big eye boogers as she Brown 'splains the real reason this family packed up and bailed on Vegas?  So many, many questions left unanswered!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, probably. But anyway, so they said Meri brought up the idea of Robyn. So if she is so jealous...why bring in a new wife for hubby to bang? I just don't get that logic at all. "Oh she is cool, please hubby, have sex with her too, but I'm jealous. " Makes no sense. I could never in a million years share my hubs. No effing way. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Do we know when season 27 or whatever of this show is going to air?  I think we know they're filming.  I rilly want to see Kodork unveil his plans for Plyg Prairie Plague Palace to his unsuspecting wives/baby mommas/exes!  Don't leave us hanging, Browns - are you all going to live in individual turrets?  Will the walls be soundproofed enough for the current Mrs. Brown to swing from the chandeliers?  Will Truely be allowed to adopt a wild prairie dog?  Will Robyn sob big eye boogers as she Brown 'splains the real reason this family packed up and bailed on Vegas?  So many, many questions left unanswered!

At the end of an article,  I don’t even remember what the subject was, it stated the show would return in “early 2020”.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, probably. But anyway, so they said Meri brought up the idea of Robyn. So if she is so jealous...why bring in a new wife for hubby to bang? I just don't get that logic at all. 

Meri probably felt like it was 2 (Janelle & Christine) against 1 (Meri) and thought 2:2 could give her more power, not thinking that Robyn might have more in common with Christine than Meri or that Robyn might be in it for herself with all the hot-new-wife power along with fambly cash for her 3 spawn.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I can't cite a source for this, so I may be wrong.  However, my understanding was that the motive for adding a fourth wife was so that Kootie could sell the idea of a television show about polygamy and the ups and downs of adding another "wife".  I don't know if it was Meri's, Kootie's, or the production company's idea, but the goal was to help get the family on television.  Then Meri saw or met Robyn and suggested her as the new addition and life and tee vee stardom progressed from there.  

Kootie had already added two "wives" to the mix without seeming to become overly fond of either of them, so it most likely took Meri completely by surprise when he fell head over heels for Robyn. 

Janelle doesn't care about anything but food so it didn't bother her much.  Christine had serious problems with it for a while, but once Kootie started throwing her a few crumbs of attention again, she was satisfied. 

I can't stand Meri, but I do have sympathy for what happened to her once Kootie met Robyn.  She had to watch Kootie fall for another woman in a way he had never fallen for her.  To make it worse, Kootie made it clear he had completely lost interest in Meri.  To add insult to injury, technically she was supposed to smile and have no outward feelings of hurt or jealousy.  

Anyone who watches this program and still thinks there can be any kind of healthy relationship in polygamy is crazy.

• Love 20
20 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, probably. But anyway, so they said Meri brought up the idea of Robyn. So if she is so jealous...why bring in a new wife for hubby to bang? I just don't get that logic at all. "Oh she is cool, please hubby, have sex with her too, but I'm jealous. " Makes no sense. I could never in a million years share my hubs. No effing way. 

A few other blogs/websites I read, stated that Robyn was aware of them looking for a wife for the show and she put herself in situations where she would be able to meet Kody.  She made herself to be just what he was looking for.  

• Useful 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

A few other blogs/websites I read, stated that Robyn was aware of them looking for a wife for the show and she put herself in situations where she would be able to meet Kody.  She made herself to be just what he was looking for.  

I see.  I think that is creepy. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

There was also talk that Robyn Brown had acted in a movie as, I think, a cheerleader.  I don't know if it was ever verified, but I could definitely believe she wanted to be on TV as much as she wanted to snag Kootie.

Well, she's sure earned her Academy Award for her stellar appearance as "HBIC" in the show Sister Wives!

We have her dramatically blathering to the assembled family that Kodork actually fathered her three children and she has the pencil sketch to prove it...we have her in bed, fresh from pushing King Sol out of her nether regions, offering her newly-emptied womb to Meri...we have the eye-booger machine set to "HIGH" as she sobs about Meri's selfless sacrifice to divorce Kody for the sake of her getting that legal wifey status children....we've seen the dramatic rendition of how her cookie was stolen as she lets a necklace or bracelet or whatever fall slowly to the ground...I mean, this woman.  She is as cold-blooded and stealth as they come.  I would legit be terrified to be related to her.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Well, she's sure earned her Academy Award for her stellar appearance as "HBIC" in the show Sister Wives!

We have her dramatically blathering to the assembled family that Kodork actually fathered her three children and she has the pencil sketch to prove it...we have her in bed, fresh from pushing King Sol out of her nether regions, offering her newly-emptied womb to Meri...we have the eye-booger machine set to "HIGH" as she sobs about Meri's selfless sacrifice to divorce Kody for the sake of her getting that legal wifey status children....we've seen the dramatic rendition of how her cookie was stolen as she lets a necklace or bracelet or whatever fall slowly to the ground...I mean, this woman.  She is as cold-blooded and stealth as they come.  I would legit be terrified to be related to her.

Same here.  Her witchy profile is no accident.  She probably sticks pins in voodoo doll replicas of her "beloved" (ha) sister wives.  And threatens to do the same to Kootie if he ever steps out of line.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

There was a person called Robyn Brown who played a "puck bunny" in a Canadian hockey movie in 2013, but it was probably a person who was born with that name.

Kootie's Robyn was not named "Robyn Brown" in 1998 & 2000 when the cheerleader and model on Just Shoot Me roles were shot, so IMDB must have it wrong, unless Robyn Sullivan (1998) AKA Robyn Jessop (2000) photoshopped her birth and first marriage certificates to include the Brown name.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 10/31/2019 at 11:42 AM, Cherry Cola said:

I see.  I think that is creepy. 

This was someone who is actually related to her and she was passing on information to one of her coworkers who was posting it online.  I think the woman was told by her family to be quiet about her.  Not sure if it was true, but the information stopped.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I thought it was the other way around - Kody had met and been courting Robyn before the show came up, but his request to take her as a 4th had been declined by the AUB leadership because he didn't have the wherewithal to support her and her 3 kids. Then when they were interviewed for the show there was at least one other family in contention but Kody sweetened the deal when he told them he was courting a 4th. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I thought it was the other way around - Kody had met and been courting Robyn before the show came up, but his request to take her as a 4th had been declined by the AUB leadership because he didn't have the wherewithal to support her and her 3 kids. Then when they were interviewed for the show there was at least one other family in contention but Kody sweetened the deal when he told them he was courting a 4th. 

From  what I have read, the plyg community knew a show was in the works and several families were being considered, including the Browns. That is when Robyn started her mission, popping up at events and parties where the Browns were at and befriending Meri. The rest of what you wrote is the same as what I read. The Jessop relatives also confirmed this on the SWB.

• Useful 5
5 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

From  what I have read, the plyg community knew a show was in the works and several families were being considered, including the Browns. That is when Robyn started her mission, popping up at events and parties where the Browns were at and befriending Meri. The rest of what you wrote is the same as what I read. The Jessop relatives also confirmed this on the SWB.

Good Lord! 

And of course, I doubt she had much, if any, competition. 

I just don't think that there are very many women who are willing to become concubines, and the ones that ARE willing that were the correct age (late 20s/early 30s) are mostly already in that situation. 

• Love 4