Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Should Be Multiplied, Not Divided: General Show Discussion

• Start Topic

OMG, just watched the 1st episode of the new season and it is cringeworthy!! Tony got even more fat, and behaved downright haughty when his parents went to Christine’s house for dinner. I was embarrassed for all. Tony’s family looked very uncomfortable and the Brown’s all acted like idiots. 

Apparently Meri bought her Grandmother’s childhood home which is now a B&B, and Annie (Christine’s Mom) will be living there and running it. Dear God, please don’t turn this into a spin-off.......? Meri said the whole plan was top secret, and only she and Annie knew about it at the time the episode was filmed. Wonder how Christine was feeling when she found out after the fact?!  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

OMG, just watched the 1st episode of the new season and it is cringeworthy!! Tony got even more fat, and behaved downright haughty when his parents went to Christine’s house for dinner. I was embarrassed for all. Tony’s family looked very uncomfortable and the Brown’s all acted like idiots. 

Apparently Meri bought her Grandmother’s childhood home which is now a B&B, and Annie (Christine’s Mom) will be living there and running it. Dear God, please don’t turn this into a spin-off.......? Meri said the whole plan was top secret, and only she and Annie knew about it at the time the episode was filmed. Wonder how Christine was feeling when she found out after the fact?!  

Where did you see this?  It hasn't started yet according to my program guide. 

Since I cannot watch this show anymore due to cutting cable, I am afraid I am going to have to ask you to take turns doing a recap - the snarkier, the better.  For reasons I can't explain and don't want to explore, I need to know what these people are doing!!

EDIT: appreciate @Juliegirlj 's summary, but I need MOAR DETAILS. :)

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 7

I have WOW cable and the preview episode was available on the TLC app. For those that cannot access the show- maybe try googling Sister Wives full episodes. Often it is posted on YouTube or other streaming sites for free. 

Kody looked more ridiculous than ever if you can believe that! In their interview portion Kody was bragging that Tony’s family might think he is some kind of macho man for having more than one woman, and Christine encourages him to enjoy the feeling.... Everything out of her mouth makes me cringe. 

Tony and Mykelti are self entitled, ignorant, brats. 

• Love 7

Since I cannot watch this show anymore due to cutting cable, I am afraid I am going to have to ask you to take turns doing a recap - the snarkier, the better.

I haven't cut cable but I simply cannot abide watching or hearing them;  they make me physically ill.  So recaps are the way for me.  Thanks to those who fall on the sword for the rest of us.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Did I earn my own celestial planet by taking one for the team?

Girl, you earned a whole damned solar system. That recap is hilarious!  And made me doubly glad I never have to see or hear these nimrods ever again as long as you continue to avoid dehydration from barfing so that you can fill in the ugly details.

• Love 14

Wow there has been no announcement about this premiere so I was just checking to see if this board had an update. I will try to watch on demand later. Meanwhile, although it is OT, I just saw that TLC is adding another polygamy extravaganza called seeking sister wives, starting January 14. Readers of this forum will surely want to know that. A forum has already been started. 

Another great season on The Lowlife Channel. BTW, My 600 Pound Life is starting again too. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Ok, those of you who wanted more, grab your alcohol and/or barf bags!

Hide contents

And that, folks, is where the episode ends.  Did I earn my own celestial planet by taking one for the team?

I "hearted" this so fast, I think I sprained my wrist.  And I haven't even read it yet.  Thank you!!

I am relieved to know that Meri is still dilling with her fillings.  I was worried there for a hot second.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Ought there to be a thread on the first ep? I mean, this is it right?

There aren't threads by episode or even seasons for this pile of manure. It's all lumped together, much like the Browns.

• Love 5

Just dropped by to see what's coming up.  lol  It can't be that bad, can it?  lol 

I haven't watched the premier online, and doubt that I will, but, I'll watch it on tv for sure.  I think that I like the show more than most of you here do, but, I'm not a Tony fan, so, this should be interesting.  Someone will certainly put him in his place, eventually.  I mean, I can't imagine Hunter, Mariah and a couple other siblings  letting that stuff go too.far.  What's he doing for a job?

Aren't they at the top of the forum? 

Oh, yeah, you are right. I was thinking it's one big horrible story with lots of crying and wailing so there isn't really any difference in the episodes.

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

There aren't threads by episode or even seasons for this pile of manure. It's all lumped together, much like the Browns.

If I'm not mistaken, the actual premier of this season isn't for a few days, but some were able to watch it early.  I assume there will be episode threads when the show airs on 1/7.

9 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If I'm not mistaken, the actual premier of this season isn't for a few days, but some were able to watch it early.  I assume there will be episode threads when the show airs on 1/7.

Anyone can start a thread.  The mods just want us to use the format shown in previous seasons for the thread titles.

• Love 2

I watched it tonight. Thought it was interesting that Robyn said when Meri was being catfished, Robyn was being lied to that Meri was planning to leave the family and was cheating on Kody.

Is she really too dumb to put it together that Meri was having an emotional affair? I mean why do they not really see that the catfisher would not have been an issue if Meri hadn't been into it/"him"/wanting to cheat? I just wonder if they're covering for TV or truly just don't understand what actually was going on there. 

And I thought it was hilarious that Mykelti and Tony actually think 400 people will show up for their CEREMONY. I don't care what "culture" you're talking about -- I'm pretty sure the bulk of guests just show up for the reception/food/drinks.

I also don't understand why Meri isn't jumping at the excuse/idea to go run the B&B herself. It's a perfect excuse not to have to deal with the family bullshit but to make it seem like she's still part of them/trying to contribute to the family income, etc.

• Love 10

I also don't understand why Meri isn't jumping at the excuse/idea to go run the B&B herself.

Because then she wouldn't be able to moan and complain about her horrible life on the air so her ass kissing followers could sympathize and prop up her ego.  Plus she'd be cut out of the TLC money.  It's not like anyone would want to film her making beds and fixing breakfast.  Especially without a wetbar to display the food.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Because then she wouldn't be able to moan and complain about her horrible life on the air so her ass kissing followers could sympathize and prop up her ego.  Plus she'd be cut out of the TLC money.  It's not like anyone would want to film her making beds and fixing breakfast.  Especially without a wetbar to display the food.

I don't see why TLC wouldn't just film her there. They cover all kinds of boring shit at the Cult-de-Sac. They could easily make some new drama at a B&B setting where there's new guests, visitors, etc. If they felt real brave they could even make it an issue that the other family members are mad she's out there doing the B&B thing. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

And gasp, it might feel a little too much like a real 9 to 5 job that she would have to quit for her day trips to Disneyland to meet men.  I think she is the type to walk into a Macdonalds with no skills and think instead of being a fry cook she should totally manage the whole thing. Obviously to her mind,she is better than the average schmuck and deserves to have a job to meet her mental station. Never mind working your way toward it. It's like the B&B she love the idea of it, she loves the idea of owning it but is above day to day drudgery of operating it. I absolutely know people of that "I am management " mindset with no skills to actually get there and refuse to lower themselves to working up to it. They are my favorite coffee house philosophers who go nowhere fast. Sadly, I may be related to one or two of those that rule the world with their whit, intellect and keen observation for their cup-o-joe. Perhaps that's why I recognize Meri. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, taragel said:

I don't see why TLC wouldn't just film her there.

Well, for one thing, the guests would have to agree to be filmed. And unless they are ax murderers on the run, I can't see how anyone would be interested in watching some couple passing through town on an antiques search.  And if Christine's mom is running the place, what would there be for Meri to do?  There's boring and obnoxious (cuddle sac) and just plain boring. I won't watch either, to be honest.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Punkadoo said:

And gasp, it might feel a little too much like a real 9 to 5 job that she would have to quit for her day trips to Disneyland to meet men.  I think she is the type to walk into a Macdonalds with no skills and think instead of being a fry cook she should totally manage the whole thing. Obviously to her mind,she is better than the average schmuck and deserves to have a job to meet her mental station. Never mind working your way toward it. It's like the B&B she love the idea of it, she loves the idea of owning it but is above day to day drudgery of operating it. I absolutely know people of that "I am management " mindset with no skills to actually get there and refuse to lower themselves to working up to it. They are my favorite coffee house philosophers who go nowhere fast. Sadly, I may be related to one or two of those that rule the world with their whit, intellect and keen observation for their cup-o-joe. Perhaps that's why I recognize Meri. 

Reminds me of an episode of Little People, Big World.  I think it was Amy's birthday, and Matt arranged for them to stay at a B&B.  The concept was that Amy (who had talked about turning their farmhouse into a B&B when the kids left home) would spend a day shadowing the owner . . . and - in theory - it was a nice thought.  But it looked like Amy's interest in "running" a B&B took a nose-dive when the owner was in a room making beds and cleaning bathrooms.  Amy said, "Don't you have people who do this?"  Owner said, "Yes, but when they don't show up and guests are booked, the owner becomes the maid."  All of a sudden, Amy didn't think being the grand dame of her own B&B looked like so much fun.  She hadn't put sheets on her kids' beds in years, and probably couldn't find a vacuum cleaner in the clutter of her house.

At least Meri keeps a clean house.  Or at least a clean living room and wet bar.  

• Love 10

I’m confused. I thought Tony and Mykelti got married over a year ago.

They did. Now we get to suffer through enjoy it in retrospect through numerous tedious exciting episodes of planning and joyful high jinks.

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

They did. Now we get to suffer through enjoy it in retrospect through numerous tedious exciting episodes of planning and joyful high jinks.

LOL!  I was going to write a reply but you summed it up much better than I could!   I have very mixed feelings about this show.  SHOW, not episode.  I'm confused as to whether I really like them - or I don't!!  Not that anyone cares!  ;)

Edited by Kyanight
On 1/2/2018 at 10:15 AM, Juliegirlj said:

Tony certainly is.  I was surprised when TLC showed (once again) that scene where he suggested Kody take out a home equity loan to pay for HIS wedding!  Uh - pay for your OWN wedding maybe, or go to the Justice of the Peace.  No one OWES you a big wedding!!

• Love 8
On 1/2/2018 at 0:15 PM, Juliegirlj said:

I have WOW cable and the preview episode was available on the TLC app. For those that cannot access the show- maybe try googling Sister Wives full episodes. Often it is posted on YouTube or other streaming sites for free. 

Kody looked more ridiculous than ever if you can believe that! In their interview portion Kody was bragging that Tony’s family might think he is some kind of macho man for having more than one woman, and Christine encourages him to enjoy the feeling.... Everything out of her mouth makes me cringe. 

Don’t you mean “Tykelti”  I almost threw up in my mouth when Christine said that. Ugh!

• Love 5

I am new to reality TV.  How real is it?  Do the Browns get together and plan the filming, write a script or just wing it?  Does Tony realize how dumb he is coming across on tv or is it an act?

On 1/7/2018 at 10:14 PM, Reppiks2897 said:

Don’t you mean “Tykelti”  I almost threw up in my mouth when Christine said that. Ugh!

And their signature drink, the Tokelti. 

I wonder if Christine thinks of herself as Kotine.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, neh said:

I am new to reality TV.  How real is it?  Do the Browns get together and plan the filming, write a script or just wing it?  Does Tony realize how dumb he is coming across on tv or is it an act?

Not very real, but interesting nonetheless.  I don't believe there is a script, but TLC probably says, "Why don't you all have a family meeting about __________", or "let's sit on the couch and discuss the upcoming weddings", or whatever.    I think Tony is young and egotistical and hasn't a clue how he comes across.  I am more than positive he thinks the negative responses are from people just being "mean", and not anything to do with the things he says.   I am seriously wondering how that first year of marriage went.  The bloom is probably off of THAT rose by now - as Tony sits on the couch in sweats whenever he isn't at work, playing with the channel changer, eating junk food and farting.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Not very real, but interesting nonetheless.  I don't believe there is a script, but TLC probably says, "Why don't you all have a family meeting about __________", or "let's sit on the couch and discuss the upcoming weddings", or whatever.    I think Tony is young and egotistical and hasn't a clue how he comes across.  I am more than positive he thinks the negative responses are from people just being "mean", and not anything to do with the things he says.   I am seriously wondering how that first year of marriage went.  The bloom is probably off of THAT rose by now - as Tony sits on the couch in sweats whenever he isn't at work, playing with the channel changer, eating junk food and farting.

Tony works?  Looks to me like he's getting ready to be a star on my 600 pound life soon.

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 4