Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Snark Should Be Multiplied, Not Divided: General Show Discussion

Recommended Posts

Why can none of these women pronounce a consonant on the end of a word? "It" becomes "ihhh,"  "septic" is "septihhh," etc. It just seems they're all so lazy they can't even move their lips (while speaking, at least).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

11 minutes ago, Maricopa said:

Why can none of these women pronounce a consonant on the end of a word? "It" becomes "ihhh,"  "septic" is "septihhh," etc. It just seems they're all so lazy they can't even move their lips (while speaking, at least).

Meri is the worst offender, with her gonna, fillin (for feeling) and on and on.

Christine has clear crisp diction, but being Christine, she has to go overboard and add more to the word than intended, somethingk etc.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Maricopa said:

Why can none of these women pronounce a consonant on the end of a word? "It" becomes "ihhh,"  "septic" is "septihhh," etc. It just seems they're all so lazy they can't even move their lips (while speaking, at least).

It's the local dialect.  You hear it with a lot of the Utah people on the polygamist shows that are popping up.  With Christine its very obvious with her "ing" she puts an "ink" at the end of a ing word.  Going becomes go-inkkk etc

Meri emphasizes her "yes".  When someone would just say "yea" to respond she uses a harsh "ja" which sounds to me like when the local Amish say yes in their German dialect.

Robyn has a very lazy pronunciation. She drops the center out of words, Dayton becomes Da-uun and its really obvious when she says "have to" it's a haffun. I have to go the hospital becomes "I'm haff-un ta go to the hospital".

People have picked up on the very obvious "eal" sounds.  Meri and Kody, Christine and Robyn are really deep with "deal" becomes dill.  It sounds like Dill pickle when they are say "deal".  And the "ee" sounds like in "feeling".  Meri saying "my feelings are a really big deal to me" comes out as "my fillins are a rully big dill to me. Also "sale" becomes "sell" and it really irritating to hear.  I remember the first episode when Kody was saying he was in "marketing sells" when he means "SALES".

It's dialect...

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Sandy W said:

Meri is the worst offender, with her gonna, fillin (for feeling) and on and on.

Christine has clear crisp diction, but being Christine, she has to go overboard and add more to the word than intended, somethink etc.

I'm not positive - but I think this might be regional dialect. 

 I'm not in Utah but Colorado - and you actually hear a bit of that.  Also people say "You guys" where the southern folk say "you all" or "Ya' all" when speaking to a group.  "Are you guys coming with us, or not?"  Used for both sexes.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

It's the local dialect.  You hear it with a lot of the Utah people on the polygamist shows that are popping up.  With Christine its very obvious with her "ing" she puts an "ink" at the end of a ing word.  Going becomes go-inkkk etc

Meri emphasizes her "yes".  When someone would just say "yea" to respond she uses a harsh "ja" which sounds to me like when the local Amish say yes in their German dialect.

Robyn has a very lazy pronunciation. She drops the center out of words, Dayton becomes Da-uun and its really obvious when she says "have to" it's a haffun. I have to go the hospital becomes "I'm haff-un ta go to the hospital".

People have picked up on the very obvious "eal" sounds.  Meri and Kody, Christine and Robyn are really deep with "deal" becomes dill.  It sounds like Dill pickle when they are say "deal".  And the "ee" sounds like in "feeling".  Meri saying "my feelings are a really big deal to me" comes out as "my fillins are a rully big dill to me. Also "sale" becomes "sell" and it really irritating to hear.  I remember the first episode when Kody was saying he was in "marketing sells" when he means "SALES".

It's dialect...

25 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I'm not positive - but I think this might be regional dialect. 

 I'm not in Utah but Colorado - and you actually hear a bit of that.  Also people say "You guys" where the southern folk say "you all" or "Ya' all" when speaking to a group.  "Are you guys coming with us, or not?"  Used for both sexes.

All this. I believe I heard April on Seeking Sister Wife say dill instead of deal too. It's a regional accent.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Yep regional dialect, sometimes referred to as the Rocky Mountain dialect which in and of itself is a subset of a Western dialect.  It is commonly spoken through out the entire region so disparaging their pronunciations and casting them as lazy, uneducated, idiotic, etc is actually assigning those attributes to a large population of the US.  It's no more right or wrong than any of the other regional linguistic idiosyncrasies one finds throughout the entire english speaking world - we certainly wouldn't call for southerners, Bostonians, Texans, midwesterns, or even Canadians or Brits (both of which also boast a variety of regional dialects) to "learn the language!"  (Well perhaps we would in jest with our friends but certainly not with hostility and judgement to the average person on the street.)

This link highlights almost every linguistic "fault" called out on this board... https://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/words-you-need-to-know-how-to-pronounce-in-utah/collection_5a15ad72-88eb-5feb-bbb4-18baff315b98.html

Disclosure:  I happen to find the many regional characteristics, languages, cultures, etc fascinating and though different from my own, I believe they are just as valid and worthy of respect as what I grew up with.  As a country, we are banging the tolerance drum so why would linguistic and other regional differences be immune to this enlightenment?

Edited by sharkerbaby · Reason: added text to allow for friends messing w/ each other
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Meri is the worst offender, with her gonna, fillin (for feeling) and on and on.

Christine has clear crisp diction, but being Christine, she has to go overboard and add more to the word than intended, somethingk etc.

That's something(k) I noticed on the new 3 Wives 1 Husband series.  One of the wives did that, and it just sounds so unnatural.  

That fill and dill shit is even worse to my ears.  Damn, I get more impatient with this, the older I get.  Like these dipshit men that have plural wives fawning all over them.

I really do watch too much TV.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

All this. I believe I heard April on Seeking Sister Wife say dill instead of deal too. It's a regional accent.

Well, I'm from Texas and we speak a whole other language here.  Christine might use ink- for ing.  Here we just drop the g.  Fishing is Fishin, Fixing is Fixin,  Seeing is Seein.  Yes we say y'all.  Ain't.  You just can't be considered a Texan unless you use the word ain't.  All sodas are cokes but when ordering a drink, you don't say pop or soda, you say I want a coke, and more often than not, they will ask what kind.  Then you respond with the flavor you want.  Unless you want Dr. Pepper, then just say Dr. Pepper from the start, after all Dr. Pepper was born in Texas.  Fixin to.  Okay mom I'm fixin to go clean my room.  Bless your heart , is often said when we would really like to say something else to you, but our manners prevent us from doing so.  Those are just a few.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Well, I'm from Texas and we speak a whole other language here.  Christine might use ink- for ing.  Here we just drop the g.  Fishing is Fishin, Fixing is Fixin,  Seeing is Seein.  Yes we say y'all.  Ain't.  You just can't be considered a Texan unless you use the word ain't.  All sodas are cokes but when ordering a drink, you don't say pop or soda, you say I want a coke, and more often than not, they will ask what kind.  Then you respond with the flavor you want.  Unless you want Dr. Pepper, then just say Dr. Pepper from the start, after all Dr. Pepper was born in Texas.  Fixin to.  Okay mom I'm fixin to go clean my room.  Bless your heart , is often said when we would really like to say something else to you, but our manners prevent us from doing so.  Those are just a few.

Hmm, this confirms it, even though I've never lived there, apparently in my soul, I'm actually a Texan.  ;)  Although, I admit I have an unreasonable aversion to sweet tea so maybe I'm just part Texan.

Edited by sharkerbaby

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Unless you want Dr. Pepper, then just say Dr. Pepper from the start, after all Dr. Pepper was born in Texas.

And oh my gosh, who WOULDN'T want a Dr. Pepper?? It's the best.  And Mr. Pibb, too.  Nectar of the Gods.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Hmm, this confirms it, even though I've never lived there, apparently in my soul, I'm actually a Texan.  ;)  Although, I admit I have an unreasonable aversion to sweet tea so maybe I'm just part Texan.

Don't  worry  I am a third  generation  Texan  and I like my tea unsweetened .  You are welcome  to come  "home"  anytime . 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Well, I'm from Texas and we speak a whole other language here.  Christine might use ink- for ing.  Here we just drop the g.  Fishing is Fishin, Fixing is Fixin,  Seeing is Seein.  Yes we say y'all.  Ain't.  You just can't be considered a Texan unless you use the word ain't.  All sodas are cokes but when ordering a drink, you don't say pop or soda, you say I want a coke, and more often than not, they will ask what kind.  Then you respond with the flavor you want.  Unless you want Dr. Pepper, then just say Dr. Pepper from the start, after all Dr. Pepper was born in Texas.  Fixin to.  Okay mom I'm fixin to go clean my room.  Bless your heart , is often said when we would really like to say something else to you, but our manners prevent us from doing so.  Those are just a few.

New Englander here, and ain't is a permanent part of my vocabulary. :)

3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

That's something(k) I noticed on the new 3 Wives 1 Husband series.  One of the wives did that, and it just sounds so unnatural.  

That fill and dill shit is even worse to my ears.  Damn, I get more impatient with this, the older I get.  Like these dipshit men that have plural wives fawning all over them.

I really do watch too much TV.

It sounds unnatural because you don't speak in their regional dialect. I dare say many people might find the way you or I speak just as unnatural.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

One of my cousins is an English professor and she's big on languages because she and her husband served with the Peace Corps in China. She insists on the term "regionalism." She doesn't let me get away with "dialect" so if it comes up with her I go with regionalism. It's easier.

And I hear ya, sharkerbaby, re tolerance and labels. From my perspective (and I'm not clear on how that evolved), some accents are pleasing to me and others are not. Texas, Oklahoma, the South - those are my favorites, they sound "sweet." I could listen to Shelby Foote all day long. Midwestern accents are cool. Eastern/Northeastern US gets iffy because it's clipped and can be aggressive. In none of those does education/lack of education come into play in my mind. But I have to confess to more often than not forming that impression with Rocky Mountain-speak; it really grates, and I'm not sure why. Maybe I've lived in UT too long, LOL. Then again, I've met lots of older folks here (in their 80s and 90s) who I would have bet were from Arkansas or Georgia but actually were UT natives just one or two generations removed from the original Mormon pioneers/plygs. So for me, with my admitted prejudice, when I watch how the Browns behave while ALSO hearing Rocky Mountain Wayne and Garth ... I'm in snark heaven.

Edited by suomi
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Don't  worry  I am a third  generation  Texan  and I like my tea unsweetened .

I'm from NC and never encountered sweet tea until a few years ago...no relatives ever drank it. I kind of wonder if it became popular through marketing of recent bottled drinks.

21 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Also people say "You guys" where the southern folk say "you all" or "Ya' all" when speaking to a group.

"You all" is the popular phrase in NC, whereas "y'all'' seems primarily used in other parts of the south.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

New Englander here, and ain't is a permanent part of my vocabulary. :)

It sounds unnatural because you don't speak in their regional dialect. I dare say many people might find the way you or I speak just as unnatural.

This reminds me of the old TWOP Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade threads. She was constantly mocked for saying “ayg” (egg), bayg, etc. She’s from the PNW and so am I, and that’s just how we say those words. In vain I would try to explain this. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Maricopa said:

I'm from NC and never encountered sweet tea until a few years ago...no relatives ever drank it. I kind of wonder if it became popular through marketing of recent bottled drinks.

"You all" is the popular phrase in NC, whereas "y'all'' seems primarily used in other parts of the south.

My grandmother always drank sweet tea as far as I know it been a thing in the south/ Texas for generations. I am one of the odd ones in my family that does not like it.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

My grandmother always drank sweet tea as far as I know it been a thing in the south/ Texas for generations. I am one of the odd ones in my family that does not like it.

I’m from the Midwest, but lived in Georgia in the mid seventies.  Everyone we knew who was a native southerner drank sweet tea.  If you ordered iced tea in a restaurant you had to ask for unsweetened....and sometimes a waitress would look shocked!  Sugar took a big jump in price during that time, and there was panic....people were hoarding their sugar!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Well, I'm from Texas and we speak a whole other language here.  Christine might use ink- for ing.  Here we just drop the g.  Fishing is Fishin, Fixing is Fixin,  Seeing is Seein.  Yes we say y'all.  Ain't.  You just can't be considered a Texan unless you use the word ain't.  All sodas are cokes but when ordering a drink, you don't say pop or soda, you say I want a coke, and more often than not, they will ask what kind.  Then you respond with the flavor you want.  Unless you want Dr. Pepper, then just say Dr. Pepper from the start, after all Dr. Pepper was born in Texas.  Fixin to.  Okay mom I'm fixin to go clean my room.  Bless your heart , is often said when we would really like to say something else to you, but our manners prevent us from doing so.  Those are just a few.

I am not from Texas but I say y'all and I have been known to say I'm fixin to <whatever>.  I also have a fondness for bless your heart.  I have NO idea where it comes from.  I have lived in CA my entire life except for 6ish months in Illinois.  I have noticed the hard G in ing's  a lot in the last few years by people from all over.  I have no idea where it started but it hurts my ears :).

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Phronsie said:

I’m from the Midwest, but lived in Georgia in the mid seventies.  Everyone we knew who was a native southerner drank sweet tea.  If you ordered iced tea in a restaurant you had to ask for unsweetened....and sometimes a waitress would look shocked!  Sugar took a big jump in price during that time, and there was panic....people were hoarding their sugar!

In my neck of the woods tea is usually sweetened too - the first time I encountered unsweetened ice tea on a menu I was confused, like, people actually drink it this way? LOL.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/13/2018 at 4:01 PM, Gothish520 said:

In my neck of the woods tea is usually sweetened too - the first time I encountered unsweetened ice tea on a menu I was confused, like, people actually drink it this way? LOL.

I can drink it either way.  I can also drink it hot or cold.  For the best sweet tea I go to Chicken Express.  They have a special recipe.  I will occasionally splurge and buy a gallon for $4.00.  You can make yourself sick drinking it on a hot day.  Taste is so good you just can't stop.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Absolom said:

they've been renewed for another season.

Oh, gag.  What a waste of air these people are.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Oh, gag.  What a waste of air these people are.

Guess I'm in the minority.  I love this show.  Just wish they would show more of how they really feel and stop trying to hide it.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Just wish they would show more of how they really feel and stop trying to hide it.  

Well, they haven't in all of these years so it's unlikely they will in the future.  They can't keep their lies straight and they make up "religious" rules to fit the situation all while working the system.  Lying grifters one and all.  Disgusting.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Absolom said:

People says they've been renewed for another season.

I vote more therapy sessions!!!!!

:D

Lets hope that they bring in an ALL NEW therapist who specializes in Polygamist Sexual Therapy!!  Let Kody and Meri get all that dirty laundry out there. :D

....yes...sarcasm...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Can we please have about 3 episodes of Kody and the gang meeting and hanging out with the Duggar gang - that could be fun

I don't love the Browns, but I think they're much better parents than the Duggars. I can't watch the latter anymore, not even hate watching. I snark on the Browns plenty, but I can at least find some redeeming qualities among some of them. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Absolom said:

renewed for another season.

Oh, god. Well, there is Aspyn's wedding, The Trials and Tribulations of Lizzie's Inn, More Meri/Fambly Draaama, and I am betting Mykelti has an FT spawn in the taco tray. Oh, and poor Ysabel's back surgery for the icing on the cake.

They can eek out another season but it will be a repeat of this season and hopefully, their last.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Oh, god. Well, there is Aspyn's wedding, The Trials and Tribulations of Lizzie's Inn, More Meri/Fambly Draaama, and I am betting Mykelti has an FT spawn in the taco tray. Oh, and poor Ysabel's back surgery for the icing on the cake.

They can eek out another season but it will be a repeat of this season and hopefully, their last.

But But But!!!  What about sneaking back INTO Utah under the cover of darkness and living underground as felon plygs. Kody dragging Christine back to Utah kicking and screaming and everyone only leaving their new houses in disguise.  Meri will hire a contractor to rip up and pack the wet bar...cause...you know...she's takin it with her!!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

What about sneaking back INTO Utah under the cover of darkness and living underground as felon plygs. 

Yeah, I guess we could have a whole season of them house-hunting for another plyg house while wearing disguises (while being followed by a film crew), then moving in and screaming in terror every time they hear a siren or see an LE car. Robyn can wear her stupid baseball cap and with quivering, jutting chin, cry about this isn't the Murica she was raised in. THEN I want to see an interview with the AG or someone in the county saying they don't give a rat's ass about the Browns and won't investigate them. Now that is something I would tune in to see!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I think they should sneak back into Utah, film crew in tow. and then live in  those Mormon caves.  Imagine the art with the kids as sentinels perched high on the parapets watching for the cavalry to come and round them up.  Kootie can string lights on the ceiling and the wives and share a campfire to roast the tater tots.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't love the Browns, but I think they're much better parents than the Duggars. I can't watch the latter anymore, not even hate watching. I snark on the Browns plenty, but I can at least find some redeeming qualities among some of them. 

I totally agree with you that I think the Browns are better parents than the Duggars.  Brown kids go to school, go to college, go to the Air Force Academy!  Plus there's Mariah who is gay and her family supports her!  I can't imagine the Duggars allowing any of that.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Yeah, I guess we could have a whole season of them house-hunting for another plyg house while wearing disguises (while being followed by a film crew), then moving in and screaming in terror every time they hear a siren or see an LE car. Robyn can wear her stupid baseball cap and with quivering, jutting chin, cry about this isn't the Murica she was raised in. THEN I want to see an interview with the AG or someone in the county saying they don't give a rat's ass about the Browns and won't investigate them. Now that is something I would tune in to see!

Law enforcement on both the local and state level has bent over backwards to make sure Kody and everyone knows that they aren't being investigated. He doesn't care because he loves being perceived (by himself) as a bad ass. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/18/2018 at 2:33 PM, ginger90 said:

Michelle mentioned 2020 for their wedding. She also stated it will not be on the show. 

Good, the wedding and baby crap is getting boring. 

 

On 1/12/2018 at 12:18 PM, Desert Rat said:

I would believe janitor at a bank. Bank Teller, not so much. Bank Teller is a lot of responsibility to get transactions perfect. Also requires constant interaction with public. I would not trust him handling my banking transactions in a confidential, professional manner. Would you?

I'm not sure anyone would be able to understand the marble mouth manner of speaking. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I'm not sure anyone would be able to understand the marble mouth manner of speaking. 

Can't you just see the first time he cashes a check for someone and says, "You white people sure have a lot of money in our bank"?  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/12/2018 at 8:41 PM, Kyanight said:

And oh my gosh, who WOULDN'T want a Dr. Pepper?? It's the best.  And Mr. Pibb, too.  Nectar of the Gods.

The truth. I’ve given up all pop (Ohioan here) except Dr. Pepper and I have no plans to stop drinking it. 

The language discussion is always interesting. Unfortunately in my industry people assume that those that speak with SOME regionalisms are stupid. When I point out their own they say they never realized what they’ve been saying is considered wrong. They miss the point. It’s not wrong, it’s just the way you learned language from the people you listened to all your life. Same as other people in other parts of the country. I wish people would stop being so high-minded about this. We all have an accent/speak with some form of dialect to some random listener from somewhere else. And a LOT of people had to learn how to code switch as children, minorities, immigrants and definitely some poor whites as well. There’s a language for school/work and a language for home life. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/17/2018 at 6:01 PM, DragonFaerie said:

I totally agree with you that I think the Browns are better parents than the Duggars.  Brown kids go to school, go to college, go to the Air Force Academy!  Plus there's Mariah who is gay and her family supports her!  I can't imagine the Duggars allowing any of that.

Exactly. They allow their kids to be themselves. So far, none of them seem to be choosing polygamy, or even their parents basic religion. Every damn Duggar kid follows right in their parents footsteps. It's maddening. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/12/2018 at 7:59 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Well, I'm from Texas and we speak a whole other language here.  Christine might use ink- for ing.  Here we just drop the g.  Fishing is Fishin, Fixing is Fixin,  Seeing is Seein.  Yes we say y'all.  Ain't.  You just can't be considered a Texan unless you use the word ain't.  All sodas are cokes but when ordering a drink, you don't say pop or soda, you say I want a coke, and more often than not, they will ask what kind.  Then you respond with the flavor you want.  Unless you want Dr. Pepper, then just say Dr. Pepper from the start, after all Dr. Pepper was born in Texas.  Fixin to.  Okay mom I'm fixin to go clean my room.  Bless your heart , is often said when we would really like to say something else to you, but our manners prevent us from doing so.  Those are just a few.

So if you want a Coke do you just fall into an endless loop?

I'll have a coke.

What kind?

Coke.

Yes, what kind?

Coke!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/28/2018 at 10:46 AM, SongbirdHollow said:

So if you want a Coke do you just fall into an endless loop?

I'll have a coke.

What kind?

Coke.

Yes, what kind?

Coke!!!!!

Ha Ha Ha, I had to laugh at that.  If they ask a second time I say Coca Cola.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ok. You’re stuck on a (small) deserted island with Meri, Janelle, Christine, Robyn or Kody. There is little hope of rescue in under a year. Who do you choose?

I think I’d probably pick Robyn. As introverted and un-outdoorsy as I am, I think Janelle might wear on me. And, I’d like to think, at the very least, I’d have some nice chats with Robyn. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

16 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Ok. You’re stuck on a (small) deserted island with Meri, Janelle, Christine, Robyn or Kody. There is little hope of rescue in under a year. Who do you choose?

I think I’d probably pick Robyn. As introverted and un-outdoorsy as I am, I think Janelle might wear on me. And, I’d like to think, at the very least, I’d have some nice chats with Robyn. 

I’d pick Janelle....she knows how to fish!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Phronsie said:

I’d pick Janelle....she knows how to fish!

Also, with any luck, she knows how to clean them, too.   I could dill with that. 

Better yet, because she doesn't like confrontation, I could get her to go away when she annoyed me by channeling my inner Meri.  :D  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Christine because she’s the one I’m least likely to snap and kill. 

 Christine is just a little too over the top for me sometimes and heaven help me, she might try singingk.  (Try, being the definitive word)  Then I'd for sure have to massage her jugular vein.    

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I think I'd pick Jenelle too. I enjoy watching Christine; but she's a lot like me - in that we can both get kooky, talk too much, get over-emotional, etc. etc. That might be overkill on an island. Jenelle always reminds me of my best friend, who is super introverted, but really smart (my friend is a lot smarter than Jenelle). She's logical and rational and talks me down when I get all worked up. We work well together, so I think Jenelle and I would work well together. 

I'd also tolerate Robyn, but Kody would think he knows everything and Meri would cry the whole time - so those last two are a hard pass. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/17/2018 at 7:01 PM, DragonFaerie said:

I totally agree with you that I think the Browns are better parents than the Duggars.  Brown kids go to school, go to college, go to the Air Force Academy!  Plus there's Mariah who is gay and her family supports her!  I can't imagine the Duggars allowing any of that.

Weirdly enough, I think polygamy has a lot to do with how much better, how much more normal, parents the Browns are.  The Brown kids aren't saddled with "jurisdictions" while queen bee Michelle sits there in the middle producing spawn.  They have enough mothers to go around.  The Brown kids have a much more normal and healthy life, and the fact that--as far as we know--none of them has sexually assaulted another is proof of the pudding.

Edited by Mothra · Reason: clarity of thought
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Weirdly enough, I think polygamy has a lot to do with how much better, how much more normal, parents the Browns are.  The Brown kids aren't saddled with "jurisdictions" while queen bee Michelle sits there in the middle producing spawn.  They have enough mothers to go around.  The Brown kids have a much more normal and healthy life, and the fact that--as far as we know--none of them has sexually assaulted another is proof of the pudding.

Other than Mykelti, I really just enjoy all of their kids. The kid segment on the tell-all last night was so fun, for me. Mariah didn't even bother me! She seems to be a much lighter, empathetic person this last year. All of the kids just seem grounded and kind and I love the relationships they have with each other. 

You're so right about them not all being mini-moms. Look at poor Jana. Will she ever be able to leave? The oldest girls in each of the three original homes (Robyn's daughter just isn't old enough yet) have all moved out, gone to school, got married, etc. They're not imprisoned by their family structure.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size