Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Should Be Multiplied, Not Divided: General Show Discussion

• Start Topic

When the Clowns bought their spanking new LV houses, the first thing that hit me was that the dark browns and beiges everywhere reminded me of the 1980s.  So they look even more outdated now.

• Love 10
(edited)

I don't think they are off the mark with their selling prices from what I can see on Zillow, however it may just come down to any of the upgrades they did do, which were probably minimal.  A 5 year old worn out home has less appeal, and quite frankly if I was in the market and my price range was in the 600K and I wanted to live in Las Vegas- that place better have a pool. It is hotter than a whore in church on  a Sunday in June there... 

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
On 5/5/2019 at 3:13 PM, toodles said:

Speaking of the cuddle-sac, I drove by there today.  I had breakfast nearby and I swung by on my way home.  I was curious to see if their super duper new real estate agent was holding an open house.  There is a TON of new construction in their area.  A couple of the developments have houses similar to the Brownies.  

No signs of an open house.  I did see a for sale sign hanging over the fence of one of the homes.  I think it was Meri's but I'm not sure.  A teeny for sale sign.  I didn't notice it until I was on the way home.

For people that are up to their eyeballs in debt, they don't seem to be in any hurry to sell those houses.

Thanks for the update. I can't imagine that unless you are online looking, you couldn't know it was for sale being in a "gated community"?  Unless the gate is left open like in most around where I live ( God forbid that Pizza is delivered cold due to waiting at a secure gate...pfft)  I am pretty sure they could have at least rented them, again, I would think if you are paying good money at least have a pool...sorry for my fixation on a pool.. I am pool-less except for the plastic one I buy for my dog and he isn't sharing as of late.     

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Thanks for the update. I can't imagine that unless you are online looking, you couldn't know it was for sale being in a "gated community"?  

Meri’s back yard faces a public street. I assume that’s where the little sign was.

• Love 2

Zillow now shows that Janelle's house, which has been off market, finally sold on April 30, 2019 (Sobbyn's sold on Feb 28th).  Meri's backs on to W. Alexander St. and Christine's backs on to N. Chieftan St., so they may have public-facing signs on the walls behind their backyards. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Zillow now shows that Janelle's house, which has been off market, finally sold on April 30, 2019 (Sobbyn's sold on Feb 28th).  Meri's backs on to W. Alexander St. and Christine's backs on to N. Chieftan St., so they may have public-facing signs on the walls behind their backyards. 

She got $575k. Only took six months to sell (the “only” is supposed to be sarcasm). 

One has to wonder how much profit they actually made. 

Sold for $131,300 more than they paid

less the realtor’s fee and six months of mortgage/utilities payments. 

Plus I believe kody used the equity in the house to finance the Flagstaff purchases. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Ok just a warning everyone, tonight we’re finally airing season 10 in Australia, so I’m getting ready to settle in my favourite sofa spot and try to get through the entire show without starting to play candy crush out of boredom. Pray for me. 

I’m nowhere near as excited for the show, as I am to finally start reading the s.10 threads snark, so while I’ll try my best not to comment and bump the old threads up as I’m sure that’s annoying, you can probably expect lots of reactions to your old comments coming soon! 😂 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

She got $575k. Only took six months to sell (the “only” is supposed to be sarcasm). 

One has to wonder how much profit they actually made. 

Sold for $131,300 more than they paid

less the realtor’s fee and six months of mortgage/utilities payments. 

Plus I believe kody used the equity in the house to finance the Flagstaff purchases. 

Well, this explains the jovial spirits that they all were in during Janelle's birthday pic that Ginger kindly posted the other day.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Well, this explains the jovial spirits that they all were in during Janelle's birthday pic that Ginger kindly posted the other day.  

Well probably after carrying costs, rentals in Flagstaff - they may have had enough for a night out at Golden Corral, shared plate and tap water only.  No supersized for Janelle

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Well probably after carrying costs, rentals in Flagstaff - they may have had enough for a night out at Golden Corral, shared plate and tap water only.  No supersized for Janelle

ah no problem.  they probably just charged it, like they always do.
I'm just curious as to who is going to be the first wife to file bankruptcy (again) after the show is cancelled. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say...Meri.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm just curious as to who is going to be the first wife to file bankruptcy (again) after the show is cancelled. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say...Meri.

Right, after she "sells" the B & B to her mother for 1.00 and tries to liquidate tons of bad printed leggings and too tight jean jackets

• LOL 8
35 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Hmmm. If we are laying bets.  I'm putting Robyn/Kody as a married couple as first in line.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Roslyn said:

Hmmm. If we are laying bets.  I'm putting Robyn/Kody as a married couple as first in line.

yeah that crossed my mind as well.  Robyn's the only one who (i think) hasn't filed BK.  It's whether SHE wants to have that black mark on her record (such as it is).  

I was thinking Meri for the following reasons:

• it's been more than 10 years (if memory serves) since her last BK.
  • she's the most overextended of the wives.  I call BS on her actual sales vs. "reinvestment" for more merchandise from LLR. I'm not on FB, so I don't know how her sales are going but I do remember her bitchy-ass posts where she called out people who claimed but didn't pay and threatened them with expulsion from the group if they didn't pay ASAP.  Also she has TWO mortgages - the Vegas home and the B&B (although I think that her mom paid some of the cost from the proceeds of her home sale), rent in Flagstaff, and God knows what other expenses.  
  • LLR - I'm amazed that she appears to still be doing well in sales, even with all the bad press about the company and the quality of the clothing.  I have NO interest in getting back on FB, except for the fleeting temptation to see how her live sales are doing.  Why would people buy that shit?!?!
  • I read with interest @AZChristian's post on her visit to the B&B.  Sounds like Bobbie knows what she's doing as far as running the place, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're turning a profit - mortgage and expenses (the cook and cleaning service that they've hired to come in to do the breakfasts etc) for example.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Bobbie isn't having to do everything on her own, but I just don't see them turning a profit anytime soon.
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I read with interest @AZChristian's post on her visit to the B&B.  Sounds like Bobbie knows what she's doing as far as running the place, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're turning a profit - mortgage and expenses (the cook and cleaning service that they've hired to come in to do the breakfasts etc) for example.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Bobbie isn't having to do everything on her own, but I just don't see them turning a profit anytime soon.

Good to see you back, DJ!!

It's Bonnie, not Bobbie.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Good to see you back, DJ!!

It's Bonnie, not Bobbie.

Thank you!  I know there's a Bobbie somewhere in the SW cast of characters...since I don't actually WATCH the show, it gets confusing for me at times!

Glad to be back!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Bobbie isn't having to do everything on her own, but I just don't see them turning a profit anytime soon.

I agree.  It's a nowhere town with nothing to do. I went to the website and stick random dates in there and I  haven't found a single time when all the rooms weren't available.  I bet they don't make enough to cover mortgage payments.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Agree. If they are being fair then it’s Robyn’s turn, she’s the only one of these grifters not to have filed yet.

That said, I assume since king Kodouch is married to her and liable too, he’ll try to get a non-legally married wife to take the debt on and take another bankruptcy for the team, so the power couple don’t go down again for 8 years (nicely played Robyn. I see what you did there).  

My moneys on the outcasted Meri then being the chosen one, she’ll probably have enough personal debt acquired to go down on her own separately anyway, without the show’s help.   

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Auto correct issues
  • Love 4

Whenever the "legal divorce" was first discovered and made public, my practical bookkeeping mind immediately thought that it made sense in the fact that Kody would be aligned with the wife with the most long term dependents for tax reasons.  Plus Kody would then be legally married to Robyn because of the sister wives closet business. Even Robyn's statement about how the online business helps "at tax time" backs up my thoughts that it is just a write off kind of thing.

I also think that Meri's catfishing fiasco bought the family more seasons and kept them afloat.

• Love 8

I was thinking the other night about this whole lifestyle. When you think about it, what about all the emotional issues that come up with the wives. The man you love is literally cheating on you with other women and there isn't anything you can do about it. What does it tell these women, that they alone are not good enough for a man and that is why he needs more because some guy hundreds of years ago said you should ? Ii don't think we have seen much shared child rearing amongst these ladies since they all got their own houses. What will happen when all the kids are grown and gone ? 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I was thinking the other night about this whole lifestyle. When you think about it, what about all the emotional issues that come up with the wives. The man you love is literally cheating on you with other women and there isn't anything you can do about it. What does it tell these women, that they alone are not good enough for a man and that is why he needs more because some guy hundreds of years ago said you should ? Ii don't think we have seen much shared child rearing amongst these ladies since they all got their own houses. What will happen when all the kids are grown and gone ? 

Well said.... It really is a shitty deal for the women and the kids too.

What happens when they get old and Kody doesn't care about the sex part as much?

Robyn might be out in the cold while Kody spends more time with Janelle... They both say how much the enjoy discussing things of interest.

And what happens if a wife becomes seriously ill....  There's no way Kody would be the loving husband nursing a wife and caring for her etc.... I don't think the other wives would volunteer.

I guess the task would land in one of the daughters laps.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

Well said.... It really is a shitty deal for the women and the kids too.

What happens when they get old and Kody doesn't care about the sex part as much?

Robyn might be out in the cold while Kody spends more time with Janelle... They both say how much the enjoy discussing things of interest.

And what happens if a wife becomes seriously ill....  There's no way Kody would be the loving husband nursing a wife and caring for her etc.... I don't think the other wives would volunteer.

I have a feeling Robyn would hi-tail it out of there before Janelle,Christine and even Meri - something about her just rubs me the wrong way - I think if she can't get her way  ( like with Flagstaff ) they go broke and Cody's peen falls off she would go back to Utah and find someone else to take care of her pay off her Victoria's secret bill.  She will bat her lashes and demand they move to wherever King Solomon gets accepted to   

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don’t know if you remember the episode ‘polygamist dates’ when Meri busted her knee skiing and was bed ridden in her isolated-from-family, double storey rental alone for 6 weeks, while Kodouch was all like ‘ok sayonara! I’m off to go on dates with my other wives now, good luck!’ Leaving Meri to stare at her marriage certificate on the bedroom wall wondering what the hell it actually meant. 

The task of the caring husband was probably shoved over to Mariah. 

• Love 13

So, with the outrageous rent she's paying, the landlord can't be bothered to fix the water heater situation?  Meri would shit twice and freak out at the owner.  Janelle - hello!  If your kids can't even shower, something's wrong.  Make the call.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

So, according to this information, Kody has been staying with Robyn primarily unless the TLC cameras are rolling. If they're filming, he is then shown visiting the other wives' homes. One can only come to the conclusion there's another season on the horizon (and trouble maybe!):

https://popculture.com/reality-tv/2019/05/19/sister-wives-kody-brown-doesnt-like-janelle-brown-home/

It will be interesting, if there is another season, to see if they get real about their money concerns, given that they fell dramatically short of the expected equity in the LV homes. I want to see the anxiety when they discover the cost of running services to the vacant land and how they propose to come up with the money to have one or four houses designed, permitted and built.  They left us dangling with the proposed mega house concept so they could milk a few episodes out of the reactions to that idea.   

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It will be interesting, if there is another season, to see if they get real about their money concerns, given that they fell dramatically short of the expected equity in the LV homes. I want to see the anxiety when they discover the cost of running services to the vacant land and how they propose to come up with the money to have one or four houses designed, permitted and built.  They left us dangling with the proposed mega house concept so they could milk a few episodes out of the reactions to that idea.   

What I find interesting is that for all Kody's wanting them to be all in one house, he sure doesn't make an effort to see the others according to this. Chinny-chin chin still reigns supreme. A whole week goes by and he doesn't bother with the others? That says A LOT. 

• Love 8

Yeah, what about that, Robyn?  Aren't you always touting the storyline that Kootie needs to have a good relationship with EACH wife?  Your britches are burning.

And Kootie?  GTFOOH with your plyg selfish self, you asshat.  You're so full of shit, I just can't imagine having to smell you.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 5/20/2019 at 1:12 PM, xwordfanatik said:

So, with the outrageous rent she's paying, the landlord can't be bothered to fix the water heater situation?  Meri would shit twice and freak out at the owner.  Janelle - hello!  If your kids can't even shower, something's wrong.  Make the call.

Yea...tho.  The exact quote "overheard" was that "mom's water heater is terrible".  To me that can mean a couple of things.  It's too small. It's old and maybe not heating up to snuff.  Or it isn't balanced right.  I don't know proper terms but when we moved into this house the hot water was gone in just minutes in the shower.  My husband had to tinker with the flow and things I have no idea about but then we could not only take one comfortable shower but two people can take showers back to back.  It wasn't the water heater but the calibration or something...

• Useful 4
On 5/20/2019 at 9:54 AM, TurtlePower said:

So, according to this information, Kody has been staying with Robyn primarily unless the TLC cameras are rolling. If they're filming, he is then shown visiting the other wives' homes. One can only come to the conclusion there's another season on the horizon (and trouble maybe!):

https://popculture.com/reality-tv/2019/05/19/sister-wives-kody-brown-doesnt-like-janelle-brown-home/

The nosy neighbors are out in full force in Flagstaff.  Money talks you know! And I bet the other gym-goers were all ears to that private conversation.

I wonder if they're missing the privacy of the cul-de-sac now? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

The nosy neighbors are out in full force in Flagstaff.  Money talks you know! And I bet the other gym-goers were all ears to that private conversation.

I wonder if they're missing the privacy of the cul-de-sac now? 

Maybe what they thought were"angels singingK" was actually neighbors gossiping 

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5

Looks like they're filming another season (which we won't get to see until next year, as usual): 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-ent-sister-wives-chicago-mariah-brown-20190604-story.html

I've also been reading gossip that they cannot afford their property taxes and have yet to build anything on the several-acre lots they have purchased (which we all speculated about previously). Many of the LV homes are not selling, despite reduced prices. They probably need to film to pay for their moving mess. 

Doesn't get any better than this! At least Meri will have a house to flee to if this shit falls through (gotta give her credit, that was a smart move for her part). 

Side note: Why on earth can't they have a fall season? By the time January rolls around, that bread is moldy. 

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The family mission statement was mentioned elsewhere. I tried finding a good picture of it. I couldn’t. I came across this while searching. It’s a recap, and includes a picture of the mission statement. Perhaps someone has better eyes than me.

https://www.trashtalktv.com/02/24/sister-wives-recap-weve-only-just-begun/304811/3/

I blew the mission statement up to maximum magnification but couldn't read it either Ginger.  Thanks so much for referencing the site, I had never read those reviews before and had some great laughs reading.  The author really had a handle on the Brown bunch, too bad the site seems to be now defunct.

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I blew the mission statement up to maximum magnification but couldn't read it either Ginger.  Thanks so much for referencing the site, I had never read those reviews before and had some great laughs reading.  The author really had a handle on the Brown bunch, too bad the site seems to be now defunct.

I must confess I went looking for this mission statement last night out of curiosity. I wanted to know how they managed to fit Princess Ari on there or whether she just is left off? (as if I recall rightly at the time Janelle was worried about ‘If it’s on canvas we can’t add more family members’... And Kody replied ‘do you really envisage we’d add another wife at this point?’ to which Janelle zings back with that awesome slam, ‘well I don’t, but then we never saw Robyn coming either sooo...’)

Anyway then I came across this site https://www.kodybrownfamily.com/ ughhhh cringe. The funniest part on it, is the shameless promotion of their MLM with a link to their green goo, right there next to all their family updates and kids bios -  ‘choose your green drink’ These people are so tacky. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Typo
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

And Kody replied ‘do you really envisage we’d add another wife at this point?’ to which Janelle zings back with that awesome slam, ‘well I don’t, but then we never saw Robyn coming either sooo...’)

True.  But in another show she states they knew they would take on another wife.  Maybe she expected someone different that Robyn.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

True.  But in another show she states they knew they would take on another wife.  Maybe she expected someone different that Robyn.

I know I remember that well too, it was in a TH she ‘just had a feeling someone else was coming, a tingle’. The other wives were all laughing ‘Robyn, you made Janelle tingle ‘. 

Just another example of the contradictory Browns who change the story to suit the day. 

I’m sure she likely hoped the person coming, was not a young thin trophy wife who had no income potential and three more kids in tow...

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Additional snark
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I must confess I went looking for this mission statement last night out of curiosity. I wanted to know how they managed to fit Princess Ari on there or whether she just is left off? (as if I recall rightly at the time Janelle was worried about ‘If it’s on canvas we can’t add more family members’... And Kody replied ‘do you really envisage we’d add another wife at this point?’ to which Janelle zings back with that awesome slam, ‘well I don’t, but then we never saw Robyn coming either sooo...’)

Anyway then I came across this site https://www.kodybrownfamily.com/ ughhhh cringe. The funniest part on it, is the shameless promotion of their MLM with a link to their green goo, right there next to all their family updates and kids bios -  ‘choose your green drink’ These people are so tacky. 

Clicked on the Kids page and it starts out "Logan is 17 years old..."

They haven't updated the site in 8 years.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
12 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I know I remember that well too, it was in a TH she ‘just had a feeling someone else was coming, a tingle’. The other wives were all laughing ‘Robyn, you made Janelle tingle ‘. 

Just another example of the contradictory Browns who change the story to suit the day. 

I’m sure she likely hoped the person coming, was not a young thin trophy wife who had no income potential and three more kids in tow...

Yea...Gaslighting seems to be the Brown mantra.  It was in the very beginning when Meri and Janelle both said that they felt "there was someone else coming" gee..."it's kinda boring with just us" in their couch sessions.  With Christine yelling over the top of them that she is JUST FINE with things as they are. 

Yet years later Janelle and her semi subtle eye rolling about "not knowing" Robyn was coming along.  Gee. Which one was it!? They need to keep their own little book of history so they can get it right when they make these blanket statements. Keep playing your little flute of "polygamy isn't abusive and should be legal" because your words are empty and your actions show otherwise.

• Love 6

Since I never get to snark with you lovely people in show real time, I just have to bring this up here to get it off my chest, it’s been bugging me nearly every episode from the beginning. The marriage certificate/legal marriage.

The assurances that ‘it means nothing’ all the time, when it’s clear by their actions it means everything, (but that doesn’t fit with their ‘you monogamists wouldn’t understand’ narrative). 

So many examples! Meri passive aggressively framing hers and hanging on her bedroom wall. (I don’t know about y’all, but I don’t tend to frame and display just any ‘random piece of paper’ unless it means something to me).

The tears and subsequent drama all round when the dark wife rose to power. It was all a ‘legal paperwork shuffle’ apparently, so then why the hurt? Why the sobbing by Meri throughout the legal divorce (which according to them all meant nothing), the shocked hurt of Janelle when she could only clam up and talk about taxes and not the emotions behind Robyn becoming the ‘legal’ wife. 

If it WAS just the ‘legal paperwork shuffle’ they claim and nothing changed to the relationships, then why did Kody and Robyn arrive in fancy formal attire to the courthouse and mention ‘they weren’t treating this ‘simple paperwork shuffle’ moment with the respect it deserved’ and then jet off to Hawaii for a second honeymoon afterwards?  Wouldn’t they have just rocked up to courthouse as they did to Meri’s divorce signing, in plain clothes, without the giddy affection, as if it was any other day if it meant nothing?  As they keep saying they’re already married and this was purely a document signing required to adopt kids apparently, so it shouldn’t have even been an occasion deserving of a suit and celebratory holiday, just as the divorce sighting wasn’t! They tried to make it seem like they downplayed it by not inviting family, the courthouse location and not telling date, but the day clearly still meant something to them both and the secrecy was just to avoid family jealously that would ensue from watching the legal status unfold, not to ‘honor their original wedding that mattered’ as claimed. 

Why was Christine so excited and sad for herself when viewing Aspyn’s marriage license if it was just meaningless? Why all the digs disguised as jokes, at each other over legal/first wife status meaning something? 

I just can’t with the skirting around the issue of the legal marriage and their constant denial of its power. Of course it means something and they all know it! Of course they can’t outwardly admit that as it shows what a disaster living that way really is for the women. As Janelle once said candidly about the legal marriage  ‘it just changes the fibre of what is, within the family structure’.  Exactly! Because whether they like it or not, legal marriage means something! One wife has a power another doesn’t and therefore will always be envied and potentially favored, no matter how much they dance around it. 

Thanks for reading my rant if you’re still here! 😉 

• Love 22
54 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Of course it means something and they all know it!

It's all about the money.  Without that "meaningless" piece of paper, Janelle and Christine are not eligible for any part of Kootie's social security.  Janelle already drained her retirement account to hand over to The Prophet for purchasing homes.  Christine never had a dime.  

Meri will get some because of the longevity of the marriage before the Dark Wife booted her out.  Sobbyn will get something because she's currently legally the wife.  Janelle and Christine are royally screwed.

Follow the money....

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

It's all about the money.  Without that "meaningless" piece of paper, Janelle and Christine are not eligible for any part of Kootie's social security.  Janelle already drained her retirement account to hand over to The Prophet for purchasing homes.  Christine never had a dime.  

Meri will get some because of the longevity of the marriage before the Dark Wife booted her out.  Sobbyn will get something because she's currently legally the wife.  Janelle and Christine are royally screwed.

Follow the money....

Yet Janelle and Christine had to birth 6 of Kootie's kids each, 4 more than the Chin, and 5 more than the former HBIC.  No money to count on in their old age, unless the Dark Wife agrees to it.  How fucked up is that?  

These women are nutters.  It's beyond my understanding.

• Love 6
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Follow the money....

I’d definitely think Janelle’s thought about the financials and that’s likely her main concern, but despite not growing up in the faith, I believe she’s the most committed there, so was more than willing to sacrifice her dollars and power for a quarter share in doofus’s dick and an after-life dream. 

Christine knows the bleed the beast game well having been raised in it and obviously had no problems capitalising on her single mother status food stamp wise, but emotionally she just wants to be loved and to have the validation. I think she was also the most ok with her position of third wife (or was until she realised she wouldn’t be the favored loved last). 

Meri obviously got rolled, whether she was pushed or jumped before she got pushed, it was clearly emotionally damaging in the extreme to her, to have that status she’d always lorded above the others ripped out from under her. ‘They’ve got all the kids, but at least I have the legal status’ then suddenly she has nothing and is ripe for a catfishin’.  I think her massive drive to financially support herself and ‘do it all on her own’ came from this betrayal of losing that safety net and making sure she isn’t left without. 

Robyn had the gold digger tendency from day one. She saw the cameras and tlc contract from her tiny cold trailer and was all in. For her, it’s probably always been about clawing her way up and cementing her place in the 7 bedroom mansion and getting that financial security. Her over-it attitude is so different now from her doe-eyed honeymoon eyes at Kody before the legal marriage. She’s all set now and done being sweet to him.

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 10

So I am rewatching season 2, the ep when the wives go to the gym.  They all, except Christine, looked way slimmer than they do now.   Janelle was just talking about how stressful and awful it was and how she was going to change.   These are the weights: 

271 Janelle   BMI 44.

222 Christine

214 Meri

158 Robyn

Meri mentions that she is a size 14 and Christine talks about how she wouldn’t want to have Robyn’s body cuz Kody likes curvy girls.  None of them are wearing flattering outfits.  Christine is hilarious.  

Interesting look back in time.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Meri mentions that she is a size 14 

Just because you can stuff your muffin top into a 14 doesn't make you a size 14.  That was back when she wore "modest" but clingy 3/4 sleeve T-shirts under her spaghetti-strapped summer tank tops.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
22 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Just because you can stuff your muffin top into a 14 doesn't make you a size 14.  That was back when she wore "modest" but clingy 3/4 sleeve T-shirts under her spaghetti-strapped summer tank tops.

Crazy thing is - when this show first started, I was actually sort of impressed with how they dressed to fit their standards of modesty (which at the time I thought were a real part of their family's beliefs).  I personally would never have thought to wear a shirt UNDER a sleeveless shirt.  Although not my style at all, sometimes I thought - hey, they don't look too bad, and I was weirdly interested in how they combined styles and colors.  But as we all know, the Brown Fam'ly Rules change as often as Kody's hairstyles, so those "rules" are now filed under "Yeah - Never Mind, We Don't Care Anymore."

And Meri?  Not a 14.  Nope.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 8