Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Snark Should Be Multiplied, Not Divided: General Show Discussion

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Weirdly enough, I think polygamy has a lot to do with how much better, how much more normal, parents the Browns are.  The Brown kids aren't saddled with "jurisdictions" while queen bee Michelle sits there in the middle producing spawn.  They have enough mothers to go around.  The Brown kids have a much more normal and healthy life, and the fact that--as far as we know--none of them has sexually assaulted another is proof of the pudding.

The kids seem like really good kids. I think that all of them, even the challenging ones feel loved by all the adults. Robyn's girls seemed to have settled down and are not as needy as they were in the beginning.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, neh said:

The kids seem like really good kids. I think that all of them, even the challenging ones feel loved by all the adults. Robyn's girls seemed to have settled down and are not as needy as they were in the beginning.

It seems to me that Robyn has been advised to have Aurorabreanna cool it.  It became uncomfortable to watch them draped all over Kody and mugging their way into every scene possible.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Other than Mykelti, I really just enjoy all of their kids. The kid segment on the tell-all last night was so fun, for me. Mariah didn't even bother me! She seems to be a much lighter, empathetic person this last year. All of the kids just seem grounded and kind and I love the relationships they have with each other. 

You're so right about them not all being mini-moms. Look at poor Jana. Will she ever be able to leave? The oldest girls in each of the three original homes (Robyn's daughter just isn't old enough yet) have all moved out, gone to school, got married, etc. They're not imprisoned by their family structure.

You're right--it isn't just the multitude of moms.  These all seem to be--even obnoxious Mykelti--nice kids and fun to watch.  Their parents' religion maybe isn't as whacko as the Duggars', which counts for a lot, and certainly isn't being forced on them as far as being pressured into polygamy goes, plus the fact that they actually go out into the world, go to school with other kids.  The Duggar kids always seemed to me to be smug, and I mostly wanted to slap them all, even the tiny ones.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

My desert island pick is Robyn. I admit I wasn’t actually watching the show until the last couple of years so I missed a ton of the courting and wedding (though I have gleaned a lot due to endless flashback). I never have had a negative view of Robyn and in fact she seems kind and thoughtful as well as willing to speak up. I realize she was a disruptive shiny new object for awhile, but that’s the nature of this “lifestyle” (barf). She walked into a shitshow and I can’t even imagine. Just regular marriage requires a lot of acclimating. 

Second pick is Janelle. Third is Meri. Kody would be too bossy. And I like Christine but I am an introvert and I think she might get tiring after awhile. 

I agree they have done a great job raising their kids. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

My desert island pick is Robyn. I admit I wasn’t actually watching the show until the last couple of years so I missed a ton of the courting and wedding (though I have gleaned a lot due to endless flashback). I never have had a negative view of Robyn and in fact she seems kind and thoughtful as well as willing to speak up. I realize she was a disruptive shiny new object for awhile, but that’s the nature of this “lifestyle” (barf). She walked into a shitshow and I can’t even imagine. Just regular marriage requires a lot of acclimating. 

Second pick is Janelle. Third is Meri. Kody would be too bossy. And I like Christine but I am an introvert and I think she might get tiring after awhile. 

I agree they have done a great job raising their kids. 

I think I could possibly maybe see myself being friends with Robyn. Everyone else would be the lesser of 4 evils. I’m way too introverted for Christine’s exuberance. But conversely, Janelle might be too introverted. I’d probably want to talk to another person at some point. Kody is just a big fat nope. Meri, sigh, she’d likely be too tedious and bossy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think I'll just wade into the surf with the hopes that a shark will quickly end the torture.

  • Like 18
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

27 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

Found a job for Tony.

They will never make a dime with him inhaling the retail.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Am I the only person who finds their little couch chats strange? I watched the episode where Mykelti marries Fat Pig Tony, and at times, the Brown talking heads are delivered in a very present tense. Kody’s mentions his shirt was forgotten, but then spoke as if he didn’t know if his shirt would make it.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Am I the only person who finds their little couch chats strange? I watched the episode where Mykelti marries Fat Pig Tony, and at times, the Brown talking heads are delivered in a very present tense. Kody’s mentions his shirt was forgotten, but then spoke as if he didn’t know if his shirt would make it.

I have always thought the same thing. They do the same thing on Survivor. They'll show TH as if they don't know what the outcome will be but you know they had to tape it after the competition.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

I have always thought the same thing. They do the same thing on Survivor. They'll show TH as if they don't know what the outcome will be but you know they had to tape it after the competition.

I have read that on the Housewives shows, they tape the couch sessions just a week or so before the episode airs.  In some instances, that would be months after the filming of the scene and that sometimes they forget details.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 11/28/2016 at 5:36 PM, Missy Vixen said:

I've never seen the show before, but I've seen the TLC commercial for this season several times now. I FLOVED Kody Brown's mournfully intoning that "it was a mistake to ever agree to filming". Uh, dumbass, you'd be standing on a street corner begging for change if you'd turned down TLC. He must think the rest of us are idiots.

I'd also love to know why these women bought his line of BS, too, but I'll have to do some reading on this forum before asking more questions.

I think that the women bought Kody's b.s. because they were crazy in love\lust with him. He was very good looking in his younger years. He seemed to be funny and charming but also spiritual and deeply religious. As we saw during the Robyn courtship Kody probably made most of the wives think that they were the most important star in his world. He hit the sweet spot for all the women.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Trapped on a desert isle alone with one of the adults in this bunch? 

Hmmm, is the choice of jumping out of a plane crashing into the ocean available? Some cannibals nearby with a pot on the boil?  Is this the isle where Jurassic Park is located, with Mr. T-Rex playing "host with the most?" I believe I'll take my chances with him and his penchant for having anger management issues, rather than the Brownies, thank you!  😒

Edited by Rabbit Hutch · Reason: Grammar
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, neh said:

He hit the sweet spot for all the women.

And every one of them was pliable (for religious or other reasons), had low self esteem, and few other prospects. 

These are not strong, self-reliant women who would have been able to make it in the world if single.  None of them.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I think the tell-all's are filmed about a month before airing and the financial pressures must have been a major concern to them by that time.  Maybe this week the moderator will take a deep look into the fiscal irresponsibility the Brown's have demonstrated with their haphazard decisions.  These are the questions inquiring minds want to know, not a re-hash of past events.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

Maybe this week the moderator will take a deep look into the fiscal irresponsibility the Brown's have demonstrated with their haphazard decisions. 

HAHAHAHAHA.  You're not serious are you?  Light weight questions, no substance, BS answers and rehashing stuff from years ago.  The Tell Nothing formula that never changes.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I think the tell-all's are filmed about a month before airing and the financial pressures must have been a major concern to them by that time.  Maybe this week the moderator will take a deep look into the fiscal irresponsibility the Brown's have demonstrated with their haphazard decisions.  These are the questions inquiring minds want to know, not a re-hash of past events.

Wouldn't that be nice?  A real honest-to-goodness Tell-All.  

Instead, I predict the re-hash, more lyingk, and more Robochin's dirty looks, not to mention Kootie's magnificent man-spreading.  One last snark session for us, and that will make watching the BS more fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

“Christine sold her home on Tuesday, April 2 for $599,000. But the deal fell through, as it was put back on the market. She listed the house for sale in July 2018 for $675,000. It was cut to $649,000 in September 2018, $639,000 in November 2018 and $614,900 in January 2019.”

Poor Christine. I was hoping Janelle’s would be the last to sell. That sounds awful, I know. She’s the real estate agent who had the original listings. If she had started out with reasonable pricing, they may not have stalled for so long.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ginger90 said:

If she had started out with reasonable pricing, they may not have stalled for so long.

I have a suspicion that Kootie dictated the prices based on his plans.  And his sheep wives went right along with it.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I really wonder why Kody was so hell-bent on buying this land so quickly. The smart thing would have been to move to Flagstaff, get temporary homes and THEN scout around for the best location to buy (either homes or land). For some reason I think they were taken advantage of by that woman who sold them that land--it was on the market for a long time with no other interested buyers--that should have been a big red flag to Kody that it might not be a smart buy. Now they're stuck with this land, no funds to build, paying out huge amounts in rentals (and one purchased home), and they can't pay the taxes--all while still stuck with most of the Vegas homes (mortgages, taxes, etc). No wonder Kody's playing nice with Meri now--she's the only one actually making an income right now and I bet he'll try to sweet talk her into handing over all her money "for the fambly".

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I have a suspicion that Kootie dictated the prices based on his plans.  And his sheep wives went right along with it.

Many people make that error when evaluating what they think their homes are worth.  They need X dollars to be able to purchase another property, therefore that must be what the home should sell for.  There are realtors out there who will take a listing at any price, even substantially over market value, in the hope of beating the vendor down to a realistic price later.  This approach invariably backfires, with the property becoming "that" listing in the eyes of realtors and the buying public and goes stale on the market.

Kody also over-estimated the celebrity cachet of those houses.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

31 minutes ago, kimaken said:

...that should have been a big red flag to Kody that it might not be a smart buy.

Well, see the mistake that you made there?  You put "Kody" and "smart" in the same sentence.  Does not compute.

  • Laugh 18

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, kimaken said:

I really wonder why Kody was so hell-bent on buying this land so quickly. The smart thing would have been to move to Flagstaff, get temporary homes and THEN scout around for the best location to buy (either homes or land). For some reason I think they were taken advantage of by that woman who sold them that land--it was on the market for a long time with no other interested buyers--that should have been a big red flag to Kody that it might not be a smart buy. Now they're stuck with this land, no funds to build, paying out huge amounts in rentals (and one purchased home), and they can't pay the taxes--all while still stuck with most of the Vegas homes (mortgages, taxes, etc). No wonder Kody's playing nice with Meri now--she's the only one actually making an income right now and I bet he'll try to sweet talk her into handing over all her money "for the fambly".

Does AZ have plyg homes? I mean they could have scouted for a specific home with various wings for the wives. 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

There is a plyg town in AZ near the Utah border (Colorado City.)  That would never do for Kootie & the Gang, though.  They think they're the coolest, hippest, and most modern of any plyg family.  No prairie dresses for them!

I believe some of the plyg men in the 50's that got put in "jell" (ChristineSpeak) were from there and the Utah neighboring city, Hildale.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, xwordfanatik said:

There is a plyg town in AZ near the Utah border (Colorado City.)  That would never do for Kootie & the Gang, though.  They think they're the coolest, hippest, and most modern of any plyg family.  No prairie dresses for them!

I believe some of the plyg men in the 50's that got put in "jell" (ChristineSpeak) were from there and the Utah neighboring city, Hildale.  

Well, to be fair, Kody isn’t a child molesting cult leader. I’m sure the Browns are appalled by the FLDS just as we are. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, greekmom said:

 I mean they could have scouted for a specific home with various wings for the wives. 

The loving "sister"wives would never put up with living together.  Kottie's Dream House will never fly, will never be built, will never be approved by the four women who want to live apart from each other.  It's a plot line that he hopes will keep the show on the air as they show the myriad conflicts in fine-tuning the plans and Kootie braying "persecution" when the zoning board falls off their chairs laughing at the whole absurd idea. 

And then there's the whole money angle.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Tabbygirl521 said:

Well, to be fair, Kody isn’t a child molesting cult leader. I’m sure the Browns are appalled by the FLDS just as we are. 

Agreed.  The Browns have denounced the Warren Jeffs bunch.  I was just pointing out that AZ does have plygs, but they are definitely different, in more ways than dress.  Underage girls for old men is something the Jeffs do.  I'm not sure if the Kingston group lives in those neighboring towns, but they believe in marrying close relatives, to "keep their bloodline pure."  Resulting in birth defects, very sad.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I’m sure the Browns are appalled by the FLDS just as we are. 

According to air-headed Christine, she knew nothing about this and "didn't know men could be such bastards".  Appalled, I would hope, but she was totally clueless. 

And what have they done to either denounce it or help victims?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

According to air-headed Christine, she knew nothing about this and "didn't know men could be such bastards".  Appalled, I would hope, but she was totally clueless. 

And what have they done to either denounce it or help victims?

The only thingk that comes to mind is that talk they gave in ? venue, when the Kingston girl and some others were also on the stage, answering questions.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, xwordfanatik said:

The only thingk that comes to mind is that talk they gave in ? venue, when the Kingston girl and some others were also on the stage, answering questions.

Isn't that where Christine hid in the bathroom rather than talk to her apostate aunt.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

According to air-headed Christine, she knew nothing about this and "didn't know men could be such bastards".  Appalled, I would hope, but she was totally clueless. 

And what have they done to either denounce it or help victims?

See, this is what I don’t get.  They want to legalize polygamy....what about the Warren Jeffs type polygamists?  They would be legal too, then.  I believe there are way more of them than there are families like the Browns.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

See, this is what I don’t get.  They want to legalize polygamy....what about the Warren Jeffs type polygamists?  They would be legal too, then.  I believe there are way more of them than there are families like the Browns.  

No, making polygamy legal would not legalize marrying underage girls - totally different laws.  However, our entire system of family law is NOT designed for the nightmare that would be polygamy. 

And yes, I agree there are FAR more of the cult-like groups like the Warren Jeffs FLDS and the Kingston groups than the few "happy" ones they find willing to go on television and talk about how wonderful the lifestyle is.  I also believe the cult people do NOT want polygamy legalized because then it would be much harder to promote incest and the exploitation of little girls, not to mention bleed the beast.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

No, making polygamy legal would not legalize marrying underage girls - totally different laws.  However, our entire system of family law is NOT designed for the nightmare that would be polygamy. 

And yes, I agree there are FAR more of the cult-like groups like the Warren Jeffs FLDS and the Kingston groups than the few "happy" ones they find willing to go on television and talk about how wonderful the lifestyle is.  I also believe the cult people do NOT want polygamy legalized because then it would be much harder to promote incest and the exploitation of little girls, not to mention bleed the beast.

As I understand it and what the Brown's originally espoused was that they were looking to have the practice of polygamy decriminalized, rather than legalized.  By decriminalizing the practice, they were not breaking the laws, but if it were to be legalized, there would be standards implemented such as the responsibility of father to child and it would indeed become a nightmare for legislators.  With decriminalization, polygamists would have their cake and eat it too, so to speak.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

36 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

As I understand it and what the Brown's originally espoused was that they were looking to have the practice of polygamy decriminalized, rather than legalized.  By decriminalizing the practice, they were not breaking the laws, but if it were to be legalized, there would be standards implemented such as the responsibility of father to child and it would indeed become a nightmare for legislators.  With decriminalization, polygamists would have their cake and eat it too, so to speak.

It seems pretty unclear exactly what their position on legalizing polygamy is. Especially since several states (including Utah) have specifically stated they will ONLY prosecute for polygamy if they are prosecuting for other crimes such as marrying a minor or food stamp fraud (looking at you Christine) which already essentially decriminalizes it.  Christine has stated she wants polygamy legalized - when Aspyn was getting married she was getting all moony over the fact that she can't have a legal marriage certificate.  

It's really hard to come across as a persecuted polygamist when the state is essentially saying it doesn't really care - unless, of course, you really DO want to be able to commit food stamp fraud and marry little girls without the big, bad, state adding extra charges.  But, like the rest of us monogamist, I guess I just don't understand.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

But but but MONA SAID the houses would sell in ONE MONTH because.....well, I don't know why, because everyone wants a chance to own a sad brown and beige house formerly owned by a ZZ-list celebrity?  Especially Janelle's house!  It's furnished!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, greekmom said:

Does AZ have plyg homes?

There is a small plyg community in Flagstaff. Independents and other unknown groups. But I'm not sure if any of them have built plyg-style houses. Kody wants to build a monstrosity and have each wife solo on a title for their portion. Regardless of all the hoops to jump through building the place, I can't see Coco County agreeing to separate titles for a four-wing house.  

  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Especially Janelle's house!  It's furnished!

Peeling Pleather Chic and a birthin' tub!  Who could ask for anything more?

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am searching for my check book right now.. holds up...

Bonus, you get the Hobby Lobby galloping horses over the mantle.  I think she took the resin boot lamp with her though.

Be sure to bring a gallon of bleach to run through the tub jets before use.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

With decriminalization, polygamists would have their cake and eat it too, so to speak.

If there's cake involved, count Janelle in! 👍 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

There is a small plyg community in Flagstaff. Independents and other unknown groups. But I'm not sure if any of them have built plyg-style houses. Kody wants to build a monstrosity and have each wife solo on a title for their portion. Regardless of all the hoops to jump through building the place, I can't see Coco County agreeing to separate titles for a four-wing house.  

I agree, I can't see any county agreeing to do that.

I don't know why Kootie and the gang don't just build a series of townhomes all the same size. They could even build 5 and have the one in the centre for Kootie and family functions, like their dream monstrosity. Sobbin and Christine could be next to Kody, with Janelle and Meri on the outer corners. Then after everything has passed inspection, they could build an access from Kootie's upstairs bedrooms to Christine and Robyn's houses so their extra kids could have more rooms. Not exactly legal but when has that stopped them from doing anything? Then when the kids are older and moved out, they could use Kootie's rooms for visiting family. If they ever decided to sell, they could renovate out the accesses and list the whole property as 5 separate townhouses. Who knows, someone might buy the whole building to live in one unit and rent the others as a semi-retirement project or something. They could have their own space, still be close to each other, Kootie could keep his underwear in one spot, and the property would still be saleable.

  • Like 11
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Saje81 said:

I agree, I can't see any county agreeing to do that.

I don't know why Kootie and the gang don't just build a series of townhomes all the same size. They could even build 5 and have the one in the centre for Kootie and family functions, like their dream monstrosity. Sobbin and Christine could be next to Kody, with Janelle and Meri on the outer corners. Then after everything has passed inspection, they could build an access from Kootie's upstairs bedrooms to Christine and Robyn's houses so their extra kids could have more rooms. Not exactly legal but when has that stopped them from doing anything? Then when the kids are older and moved out, they could use Kootie's rooms for visiting family. If they ever decided to sell, they could renovate out the accesses and list the whole property as 5 separate townhouses. Who knows, someone might buy the whole building to live in one unit and rent the others as a semi-retirement project or something. They could have their own space, still be close to each other, Kootie could keep his underwear in one spot, and the property would still be saleable.

Sounds good to me! They better pay their taxes, though.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Saje81 said:

I agree, I can't see any county agreeing to do that.

I don't know why Kootie and the gang don't just build a series of townhomes all the same size. They could even build 5 and have the one in the centre for Kootie and family functions, like their dream monstrosity. Sobbin and Christine could be next to Kody, with Janelle and Meri on the outer corners. Then after everything has passed inspection, they could build an access from Kootie's upstairs bedrooms to Christine and Robyn's houses so their extra kids could have more rooms. Not exactly legal but when has that stopped them from doing anything? Then when the kids are older and moved out, they could use Kootie's rooms for visiting family. If they ever decided to sell, they could renovate out the accesses and list the whole property as 5 separate townhouses. Who knows, someone might buy the whole building to live in one unit and rent the others as a semi-retirement project or something. They could have their own space, still be close to each other, Kootie could keep his underwear in one spot, and the property would still be saleable.

It wouldn't look like a grand plyg mansion though.  Remember how proud he was to show the plans to his bro and bff?  Status means everything.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

To the likes of Kootie, showboating is EVERYTHINGK.

He's the best plyg "husband" of all time & eternity.  I'd like to slap the shit out of him and his way oversized ego.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Absolom said:

This doesn't surprise me a bit.

During the crash in '07-10, one of the first things our bank did was check the tax status of all the properties which had an outstanding balance.  If a a borrower is past due, it's a huge red flag and a significant sign of financial distress.

As Dr. Now says, dis is not a good situation.  And isn't Janelle's house back on the market?  

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

The failure to pay taxes is interesting to me... at least for Christine’s house. I have had mortgages in my life and on both, the mortgage company withheld and directly paid the taxes - there was nothing else I needed to do (except pay the mortgage). I thought that was pretty standard? Maybe it’s different when you have a loan for property that isn’t a mortgage in the sense of there already being a dwelling in the land?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size