Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

If Boob and Meech were smart I think they should've just let him stay behind bars and have no third party to take him in. For their safety, the community, and even Josh. Somebody might be angry enough to try and hurt him.

What he did is horrible but I don't want the Reebers to be harmed because of him.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Hockey Addict said:

If Boob and Meech were smart I think they should've just let him stay behind bars and have no third party to take him in. For their safety, the community, and even Josh. Somebody might be angry enough to try and hurt him.

What he did is horrible but I don't want the Reebers to be harmed because of him.

IF they were smart.....

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, lascuba said:

Not that he's likely paying them fair wages, but I would assume if JB is willing to pay them at all, it's because they're doing jobs that he would otherwise have to hire people to do, so that's a business expense rather than a personal one.

I lean toward the cancellation not having a huge effect on their income, but regardless, I can't imagine JB willing to financially support anyone except those he's legally required to support, except maybe Anna and her kids while Josh is in prison. Even Josh will be expected to do some kind of work for JB for less than minimum wage once he's out. The most generous he'd be is allowing them to live on his properties rent free/reduced.

I agree. The TTH is paid for, yes JB has to cool/heat it, and buy groceries etc- Jana and the minor kids, along with Anna and her kids will be able to live there and have food in their mouths.

However the older boys will probably stay working for JB in some capacity, or he may tell them that they have 3 months to receive gainful employment because outside of the gift of their automobiles, the financial support will stop.

• Useful 2
12 hours ago, Hockey Addict said:

I don't wish any harm on the Rebers.  But I don't feel bad for them at all.  They went into this arrangement with their eyes wide open.  And Mrs. Reber had the chance to turn this arrangement down in court.  The fact that her headship got her into this mess is part of the package she signed up for.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Duggar Family Statement on “Counting On”

by Duggar Family | Jul 3, 2021 
https://www.duggarfamily.com/2021/07/statement-on-counting-on/

Yo, whoa, a "pro-life" statement?

"Over the years, some of our most treasured moments have been those when we met children across the country who are alive today because of our testimony that children are a blessing—a special gift from God—and that the only real hope for individuals and families is a close relationship with Jesus Christ."

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yo, whoa, a "pro-life" statement?

"Over the years, some of our most treasured moments have been those when we met children across the country who are alive today because of our testimony that children are a blessing—a special gift from God—and that the only real hope for individuals and families is a close relationship with Jesus Christ."

So...are you guys drawing any implications from this? 

Is it possibly a full acknowledgment that the days of their having a general audience really are over?

So now they're ramping up their religious specifics again, figuring that their next audience will be entirely their co-religionists....somewhere....sometime...somehow? 

It's puzzling -- but it kind of reminds me of that thing Meeechelle said about Jessa when Jessa's media profile was high -- that she'd brought tens of thousands of young women to Christ......Similarly, here they're giving the family credit for turning many many threatened members of the unborn into the born, no? 

Both references to their mission to influence people to embrace the correct Jesus....and their purported remarkable success at it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 24

So...are you guys drawing any implications from this? 

"Please don't forget us. We need Money. Get the hell out of the way Jill R, there's a new grift family in town. To the nearest baptist church - post haste!"

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They also posted the statement on Facebook, with the comments on. I don’t think that will last long.

Already a mention of pedophiles. Am I allowed to post the comment?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Two extremes in the comments. Those who think the Duggar’s walk on water and will miss them ever-so-much and want them to start a YouTube channel… and those who are rightfully blasting Josh-U-A.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Already a mention of pedophiles. Am I allowed to post the comment?

I don’t know if it’s a rule, but I normally edit out the poster’s name anyway.

• Useful 1

The comments are still on. I wouldn't be surprised if they're leaving them on to get a read on the popular opinion. Of course if they are, they're idiots, but why else leave them on?

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The comments are still on. I wouldn't be surprised if they're leaving them on to get a read on the popular opinion. Of course if they are, they're idiots, but why else leave them on?

It's Over must be really, really hard to accept.

Well, anyway... 😉

• Love 12
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder which has been more of a shock to JB's & M's systems - when the clown car closed down or the show got cancelled?

I think it was getting pregnant with number 20, and then losing the pregnancy. That had to hurt more than anything. They were obviously both gunning for 20 kids, come hell or incestuous molestation. It had to be terrible. Good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I think it was getting pregnant with number 20, and then losing the pregnancy. That had to hurt more than anything. They were obviously both gunning for 20 kids, come hell or incestuous molestation. It had to be terrible. Good.

Boobchelle would have been insufferable had they hit #20.

• Love 13

Here’s the statement in case you don’t want to click the link: 

Family response to TLC’s announcement to no longer film “Counting On”

It is hard to believe that more than 17 years have passed since we were first contacted by a production company wanting to do a one-hour documentary about the logistics of raising 14 children. Our family has grown (and grown up!) before our eyes and on national television, and the journey has been miraculous—following God is an exciting adventure!

Over the years, some of our most treasured moments have been those when we met children across the country who are alive today because of our testimony that children are a blessing—a special gift from God—and that the only real hope for individuals and families is a close relationship with Jesus Christ.

Since we began filming so long ago, we’ve had the amazing honor to share our lives, our faith, and our story with you—including some of the most difficult and painful moments our family has ever faced. We are full of deep gratitude for the love shown to us and the prayers of so many who have sustained us both now and through the years.

We look forward to all the new adventures and endeavors that may come our way, and with so many grown children and wonderful grandchildren, we know our love will only continue to multiply!

We are forever grateful for our film crew and so many others behind the scenes who have become like family to us over the years. The wonderful experiences that filming has provided us will be treasured always, and we look forward to discovering what’s next for our family and sharing more with you along the way!

—Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, FizzyPuff said:

Here’s the statement in case you don’t want to click the link: 

Family response to TLC’s announcement to no longer film “Counting On”

It is hard to believe that more than 17 years have passed since we were first contacted by a production company wanting to do a one-hour documentary about the logistics of raising 14 children. Our family has grown (and grown up!) before our eyes and on national television, and the journey has been miraculous—following God is an exciting adventure!

Over the years, some of our most treasured moments have been those when we met children across the country who are alive today because of our testimony that children are a blessing—a special gift from God—and that the only real hope for individuals and families is a close relationship with Jesus Christ.

Since we began filming so long ago, we’ve had the amazing honor to share our lives, our faith, and our story with you—including some of the most difficult and painful moments our family has ever faced. We are full of deep gratitude for the love shown to us and the prayers of so many who have sustained us both now and through the years.

We look forward to all the new adventures and endeavors that may come our way, and with so many grown children and wonderful grandchildren, we know our love will only continue to multiply!

We are forever grateful for our film crew and so many others behind the scenes who have become like family to us over the years. The wonderful experiences that filming has provided us will be treasured always, and we look forward to discovering what’s next for our family and sharing more with you along the way!

—Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar

Fuck you and the theocratic horse you rode in on. No offense to horses.

• Love 24

Considering how they deny being quiverful, it's certainly something that what they feel is their most significant impact is that they got some people to stop using birth control and have children they wouldn't have had otherwise. I always thought their "ministry" was about bringing people to fundamentalism more generally, but it seems it was much more specific for them--build that white theocratic army for Jesus, one baby at a time. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I thought they alluded to abortion, not birth control, when they talked about having children that might not otherwise be born. 

Why not both? I initially took lascuba’s reading: that people saw their big family and realized that they could/should do that too. But knowing their history and the way they wave around Josie in particular as proof that abortion is never appropriate, I’m sure they wouldn’t miss an opportunity to allude to that. 

But somehow the part that bugged me most was the bit about how they would have even more “love” because of their grown children and grandchildren. How about valuing the grown children who haven’t  made love multiply by having kids of their  own? How about valuing your own still-young children (younger than your oldest grandchild, even)? The lost girls are so, so lost. 

• Love 22
(edited)
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Who is praying for the Duggar’s? 

Not me.

I don't know who they are, but I looked at Duggar official one day a month or two ago, and an alarming number of ladies were praying for them....and a whole lot of those ladies were also assuring them that Joshley is utterly blameless.

Satan has targeted him and his wonderful parents, you see, because they're so strong for the Lord that the devil must carry out this level of attack to stop their progress in turning over the world to Christ. 

I shouldn't have been surprised. But I was surprised that so many people who are sentient enough to construct sentences in correct grammar apparently believe that. I found it terrifying, actually, Because, really, how could you?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
On 7/4/2021 at 8:27 AM, Churchhoney said:

I don't know who they are, but I looked at Duggar official one day a month or two ago, and an alarming number of ladies were praying for them....and a whole lot of those ladies were also assuring them that Joshley is utterly blameless.

Satan has targeted him and his wonderful parents, you see, because they're so strong for the Lord that the devil must carry out this level of attack to stop their progress in turning over the world to Christ. 

I shouldn't have been surprised. But I was surprised that so many people who are sentient enough to construct sentences in correct grammar apparently believe that. I found it terrifying, actually, Because, really, how could you?

Oh my goodness! This line of thinking is so infuriated to me. Josh is in trouble because of choices he made, knowing it was wrong. I have a coworker who thinks this way, and I have told her, “Your life’s a struggle because of YOUR poor choices. Stop making me defend the devil!!”

• LOL 11
  • Love 13
On 7/4/2021 at 2:21 AM, emmawoodhouse said:

I thought they alluded to abortion, not birth control, when they talked about having children that might not otherwise be born. 

The reason I assumed birth control is because when they said they've met children alive because of them, I pictured  parents telling them that they were inspired by the Duggars to allow "god" to decide their family size. I'd imagine people wouldn't share that they were considering abortion until they watched the show, although 1)people stupid enough to be inspired by the Duggars probably would share something like that, and 2)that statement could have been more figurative than literal, and they assume that they've impacted abortion rates.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, zenme said:

Oh my goodness! This line of thinking is so infuriated to me. Josh is in trouble because of choices he made, knowing it was wrong. I have a coworker who thinks this way, and I have told her, “Your life’s a struggle because of YOUR poor choices. Stop making me defend the devil!!”

He's a pervert.  end of sentence

• Love 11
(edited)
On 7/4/2021 at 3:03 AM, Panopticon said:

Why not both? I initially took lascuba’s reading: that people saw their big family and realized that they could/should do that too. But knowing their history and the way they wave around Josie in particular as proof that abortion is never appropriate, I’m sure they wouldn’t miss an opportunity to allude to that. 

I can't understand using Josie as an argument against abortion. Yes, Michelle's pre-eclampsia forced an early delivery, but Josie was old enough to survive (and obviously did).  Contrary to the arguments often used by pro-life activists, the doctors don't just let the babies die, they do everything in their power to save them.

They were given some misinformation by the doctor who said that birth control pills caused the miscarriage she had with Caleb.  They think that oral contraceptives work by causing spontaneous abortion (aka miscarriage), when actually, as we all know, they prevent a woman from ovulating. And if you do unknowingly get pregnant and continue to take them they won't cause a miscarriage.  

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16
On 7/9/2021 at 11:55 AM, 3 is enough said:

Yes, Michelle's pre-eclampsia forced an early delivery, but Josie was old enough to survive (and obviously did).  Contrary to the arguments often used by pro-life activists, the doctors don't just let the babies die, they do everything in their power to save them.

Josie wasn't necessarily old enough to survive. Premature babies face an uphill battle and it's not necessarily a question of being old enough. Other factors include the health of the baby and how much intervention and when the doctors were able to give the baby and mother. 

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Josie wasn't necessarily old enough to survive. Premature babies face an uphill battle and it's not necessarily a question of being old enough. Other factors include the health of the baby and how much intervention and when the doctors were able to give the baby and mother. 

Very true.  It was not a guarantee. 
If she had not survived I wonder how they would have spun that?  Probably that it was God’s plan.  

• Love 7

I think the point of the age of Josie as a fetus is that she had reached the age of viability so the doctors delivered her fully expecting to try to save her.  It in no way was any form of or related to an abortion.  

• Love 14
(edited)
On 7/11/2021 at 1:25 AM, Absolom said:

I think the point of the age of Josie as a fetus is that she had reached the age of viability so the doctors delivered her fully expecting to try to save her.  It in no way was any form of or related to an abortion.  

Amongst other things, she was past 25 weeks' gestation.  Most states do not allow abortion at that point, anyway.

'Fetal viability' has changed with the times and is around 24 weeks at this time.

https://www.kff.org/womens-health-policy/state-indicator/gestational-limit-abortions/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel={"colId":"Location","sort":"asc"}

So, there was no way the doctors weren't going to resuscitate Josie at birth and JB and M had no say in the matter.  Now, if after assessing her and treating her, they discovered lethal birth defects or she just didn't respond to treatment, they could approach the parents and ask for permission to stop resuscitative efforts just as happens every day with families whose loved ones are dying.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 8
  • Love 7