Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

okay they are wonderful people for treating the kid like a full family member.   But what court granted THIS family custody of another kid?   Like there was no other SANE family member this kid could go to?    If I remember right, the rest of Michelle's family is not fundie.   So why not send him to a family that might oh I don't know ACTUALLY LET HIM GET A REAL EDUCATION?    Or I don't know DOESN"T HAVE SOMEONE WHO IS ACCUSED OF CHILD MOLESTATION living on the same property.     Even in intrafamily cases there is a home study.   How the HELL did they get through that?

• Useful 5
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

okay they are wonderful people for treating the kid like a full family member.   But what court granted THIS family custody of another kid?   Like there was no other SANE family member this kid could go to?    If I remember right, the rest of Michelle's family is not fundie.   So why not send him to a family that might oh I don't know ACTUALLY LET HIM GET A REAL EDUCATION?    Or I don't know DOESN"T HAVE SOMEONE WHO IS ACCUSED OF CHILD MOLESTATION living on the same property.     Even in intrafamily cases there is a home study.   How the HELL did they get through that?

I'm not sure that Josh lived on the compound when Tyler moved in. Also I believe it was at the request of the mother and grandmother that Tyler be placed with JB & M.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

It's Arkansas, a state where homeschooling is permitted.  JB and Michelle are family members who are willing to take Tyler in and provide.  They also are capable of acting when the need arises like home visits by social workers.  Josh was never formally charged in regards to the molestations, so that cannot be held against JB and Michelle.  No one else in the Ruark family or Tyler's father's side was willing to step up and raise him.  The choice was either JB and Michelle or foster care. 

As bad as we on these boards know the Duggars are, Tyler could have ended up in a worse home.  JB and Michelle are not going to kick him out the minute he turns 18 and the checks stop coming in.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 13

Just for the record Josh's molestations of his sisters could have been used against JB & M, if DCF felt he was a risk to Tyler, even without Josh being charged for a crime. DCF can rule anyone as unfavorable/unsuitable for foster parenting if they think the home environment is a risk to a child, whether there's legal involvement or not.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

If Tyler's parents signed off on the guardianship, it's pretty much a done deal. Guardianship is a civil matter and unless one party objects, the judge is going to assume the parents have decided this is in the best interests of their child.

Now, if Tyler's mother decided to contest the guardianship her lawyer can/will bring up the current Josh issue but she's not going to get any traction bringing up past issues b/c she willingly sign the guardianship papers knowing those issues existed.

*Not a lawyer, but went through 2 guardianship trials with my daughter over my grandson.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

The guardianship being made permanent happened much quicker than I'd thought. They got him with the temporary guardianship in September 2016, two months before they were made permanent guardians. For some reason, I'd thought it was months or even years before it became permanent. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Agree! I have always found it disturbing that Tyler is now not getting a proper education and is being indoctrinated into a sickening cult. I blame his mom for not trying to get him back 😥

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

The guardianship being made permanent happened much quicker than I'd thought. They got him with the temporary guardianship in September 2016, two months before they were made permanent guardians. For some reason, I'd thought it was months or even years before it became permanent. 

I filed for both temporary and permanent guardianship of my grandson at the same time. The temporary guardianship was approved the next day and a court date was made for a hearing on the permanent guardianship. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I filed for both temporary and permanent guardianship of my grandson at the same time. The temporary guardianship was approved the next day and a court date was made for a hearing on the permanent guardianship. 

Ah okay that makes sense. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Guardianship and custody are two different things, right?

Yes and no. Someone can have physical custody of the person and not be legal guardian, often many children have two legal guardians (their biological parents) but sometimes only one parent may have physical custody full time. 

Tyler was under the care of his grandmother (Michelle’s elder sister) and she became sick and couldn’t care for him- Michelle and JB agreed to be his guardians and they have custody (since he is living in their house full time). 

It was nice for Michelle & JB to take Tyler in. It seems that he has found friends with the younger J boys and is being provided for. I am sure it was hard for him to leave his grandmother- she had him since he was very small (infancy or toddlerhood last I read). 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Agree! I have always found it disturbing that Tyler is now not getting a proper education and is being indoctrinated into a sickening cult. I blame his mom for not trying to get him back 😥

I totally hear what you're saying, but sometimes the most loving and selfless thing an unstable mom can do is not try and get their child back.

The Duggar house is far from ideal, but it does provide shelter, food, stimulation(ish) and very likely feelings of love and belonging for Tyler.

Unfortunately, like others have mention, the Duggar home is not the worst of the worst, when it comes to raising kids.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
54 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I totally hear what you're saying, but sometimes the most loving and selfless thing an unstable mom can do is not try and get their child back.

The Duggar house is far from ideal, but it does provide shelter, food, stimulation(ish) and very likely feelings of love and belonging for Tyler.

Unfortunately, like others have mention, the Duggar home is not the worst of the worst, when it comes to raising kids.

I agree. It is unfortunate that Tyler's grandmother became ill, but that happens sometimes when grandparents are the primary caregivers. If Tyler's biological mother/father do not want to raise him, or cannot raise him for whatever reason (ill health, addiction etc) then TTH may be a better place for him. I agree that the Duggar home NOW is a way better environment than it was 20yrs ago. Fewer people, more resources, JB & Michelle probably let Jana run the house as she sees fit, and the J boys seem to have embraced Tyler which is nice for him.

• Love 20

We see Tyler with Michael sometimes too. He does seem to be thriving at TTH. I wonder if JBoob will be setting him up in one of his businesses. Jackson is the Howler closest in age to Tyler and he seems to be treated differently than the other Howlers. He is mostly pictured with the Lost girls while all the other boys and girls were separated by a certain age.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

We see Tyler with Michael sometimes too. He does seem to be thriving at TTH. I wonder if JBoob will be setting him up in one of his businesses. Jackson is the Howler closest in age to Tyler and he seems to be treated differently than the other Howlers. He is mostly pictured with the Lost girls while all the other boys and girls were separated by a certain age.

taking my reply to the "Other Duggar" thread.

6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes and no. Someone can have physical custody of the person and not be legal guardian, often many children have two legal guardians (their biological parents) but sometimes only one parent may have physical custody full time. 

Tyler was under the care of his grandmother (Michelle’s elder sister) and she became sick and couldn’t care for him- Michelle and JB agreed to be his guardians and they have custody (since he is living in their house full time). 

It was nice for Michelle & JB to take Tyler in. It seems that he has found friends with the younger J boys and is being provided for. I am sure it was hard for him to leave his grandmother- she had him since he was very small (infancy or toddlerhood last I read). 

A “nice “ gesture maybe, but now Tyler isn’t getting an education , something all American children are guaranteed, and he’s being indoctrinated into a poisonous cult. So not so nice.

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Doesn’t Tyler’s mom now have another child? It seems she has gotten her life together. 

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree. It is unfortunate that Tyler's grandmother became ill, but that happens sometimes when grandparents are the primary caregivers. If Tyler's biological mother/father do not want to raise him, or cannot raise him for whatever reason (ill health, addiction etc) then TTH may be a better place for him. I agree that the Duggar home NOW is a way better environment than it was 20yrs ago. Fewer people, more resources, JB & Michelle probably let Jana run the house as she sees fit, and the J boys seem to have embraced Tyler which is nice for him.

You’re right. The TTH is likely less toxic now than it was 20 years ago. But he’s still not getting a decent education. What will he do when he becomes an adult? Married at 19 to a fundie girl?

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

A “nice “ gesture maybe, but now Tyler isn’t getting an education , something all American children are guaranteed, and he’s being indoctrinated into a poisonous cult. So not so nice.

Doesn’t Tyler’s mom now have another child? It seems she has gotten her life together. 

You’re right. The TTH is likely less toxic now than it was 20 years ago. But he’s still not getting a decent education. What will he do when he becomes an adult? Married at 19 to a fundie girl?

I thought I read Tyler's sibling died from SIDS.

6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

How decent of an education would Tyler have gotten if he was placed into foster care?  That is a huge question with an unknown answer.  He may have been lucky and placed into the perfect foster home or he may have ended up getting shuffled from house to house because it wasn't the right fit, etc. and ended up homeless on his 18th birthday.  What kind of education would he have received if that scenario?  

Homeschooling is a valid option in Arkansas and many other states.  JB and Michelle are technically following their state's guidelines.  You and I may not agree with this decision, but it is not illegal or frowned upon everywhere.  What constitutes a decent education is the right of the parent or guardian.  The state should not be stepping in and taking away that choice.  

Tyler's mom has gotten her life on track and had another child, but there is no guarantee that home is better than the TTH.  She gave him up for her own reasons, and taking him back is not always the correct answer.  

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

How decent of an education would Tyler have gotten if he was placed into foster care?  That is a huge question with an unknown answer.  He may have been lucky and placed into the perfect foster home or he may have ended up getting shuffled from house to house because it wasn't the right fit, etc. and ended up homeless on his 18th birthday.  What kind of education would he have received if that scenario?  

Homeschooling is a valid option in Arkansas and many other states.  JB and Michelle are technically following their state's guidelines.  You and I may not agree with this decision, but it is not illegal or frowned upon everywhere.  What constitutes a decent education is the right of the parent or guardian.  The state should not be stepping in and taking away that choice.  

Tyler's mom has gotten her life on track and had another child, but there is no guarantee that home is better than the TTH.  She gave him up for her own reasons, and taking him back is not always the correct answer.  

I have no problem with homeschooling, if it’s done right. When there is no oversight, then I have a problem. At the least, in foster care he would be going to public schools, most likely. Isn’t that required of foster kids? And he would hopefully be learning at least the basics - math, English, history, science, etc . I realize that many foster homes are not ideal, but neither is becoming a adult without a basic general eduction. The Duggars have even given up on their kids taking the GED, haven’t they?

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

At the least, in foster care he would be going to public schools, most likely. Isn’t that required of foster kids? 

Nope.  Foster children can be educated at private schools or at home with approval from their caseworkers. Presumably because of the number of studies showing that foster children who attend public schools are at very high risk of dropping out, with very few of them continuing on to vocational school or university.

Look, I think that Michelle and Jim Bob are absolutely terrible, horrific parents. I don't think it's a coincidence that the happiest looking adult one is the one down in Texas, followed by Jill - aka, two of the three kids that no longer see Michelle and Jim Bob in person on a frequent basis. I also think that they are providing an at best substandard education for their kids. And this is before we even get into the religious bigotry. 

But I also don't think we should kid ourselves into thinking that J'Tyler would have necessarily done all that much better or graduated from high school in the Arkansas foster care system.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
15 minutes ago, quarks said:

Nope.  Foster children can be educated at private schools or at home with approval from their caseworkers. Presumably because of the number of studies showing that foster children who attend public schools are at very high risk of dropping out, with very few of them continuing on to vocational school or university.

Look, I think that Michelle and Jim Bob are absolutely terrible, horrific parents. I don't think it's a coincidence that the happiest looking adult one is the one down in Texas, followed by Jill - aka, two of the three kids that no longer see Michelle and Jim Bob in person on a frequent basis. I also think that they are providing an at best substandard education for their kids. And this is before we even get into the religious bigotry. 

But I also don't think we should kid ourselves into thinking that J'Tyler would have necessarily done all that much better or graduated from high school in the Arkansas foster care system.

Even if the chances of Tyler receiving an appropriate education while in foster care/public school is just 1%, that’s still better odds than the 100% certainty that he is receiving a substandard education like all of the other Duggar children.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Is Tyler considered part of the Howlers?

Not really, he's younger than all of them. He's between Jennifer and Jordyn in age and they're only a year and few months apart. 

I'm not sure the mother chose to give him up. I'm also not sure he's better off at the TTH, then he would be elsewhere.

He was living with his grandmother when she had a stroke. His grandmother is Michelle's closest-in-age sister. 

• Useful 8

I wonder if Tyler felt more comfortable at TTH and his mother knew that. I could see where for some kids all the comings and goings would be exciting and fun. Plus school at home! In the long run, the lack of education is harmful, I wouldn’t expect a kid to care about that. 

• Love 6

We are so happy for our son Jeremiah and his relationship with Hannah Wissmann! Jeremiah is a faithful man who has trusted God and prayed for the right girl to come into his life in His time. We have absolutely loved getting to know Hannah and the Wissmann family better this year! Our families have been friends for many years, and we have always enjoyed our visits with them. Hannah is a dynamic, Godly young lady, that we love—and not just because she frequently brings us homemade cinnamon rolls! 😉 We are thrilled for Jeremiah and Hannah as they both continue to seek the Lord about their future together!

@jerduggar @hannahwissmann

772B0D31-79D8-4339-9009-C06BBEA40F63.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7

So is a Jim Bob going to try to flee the country since he's been called as a witness? He does have access to planes and pilots.

And JB is trying to get a new job right now. I hope his prospective employers are paying attention.

Beyond that, I have zero sympathy for him and Michelle. They are awful, narcissistic people who only really care about themselves.  They are lousy, neglective, abusive parents, and at the end of the day, they only care about themselves. 

I do have sympathy for many other members of the Duggar family, but not Josh, JB, and Michelle. You'd have to be a fool to pity JB and Michelle.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 21
14 minutes ago, Temperance said:

So is a Jim Bob going to try to flee the country since he's been called as a witness? He does have access to planes and pilots.

If so, he’d take the family fortune with him.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, JoanArc said:

That would make a great tv show. Duggar’s left behind scrambling to live on minimum wage in a trailer park village called “duggarville community “ while pops is on the lam.

9 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Did he take Michelle? It would be hard for her to be on the run with her missing back muscles and her big/clunky orthopedic shoes!

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

It would be hard for her to be on the run with her missing back muscles 

Could someone refresh my memory on what this is about.  I vaguely recall something being said about Michelle claiming to have a back problem and so therefore couldn't take care of the household, but where did the "missing" come from?  Did she have back surgery or something?  Did she say she has a missing back muscle?  How is that possible?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

Could someone refresh my memory on what this is about.  I vaguely recall something being said about Michelle claiming to have a back problem and so therefore couldn't take care of the household, but where did the "missing" come from?  Did she have back surgery or something?  Did she say she has a missing back muscle?  How is that possible?

Someone else may want to elaborate more, but she claimed to have a "missing" back muscle (?) so she was unable to pick up any of her children after they turned 6 months old. *shrug*

• Love 4