Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 11/24/2021 at 3:24 PM, Rootbeer said:

College is also filled with librul professors who are looking to brainwash good Christian young people and turn them towards a life of Satan-influenced debauchery.  

The Duggars and their ilk frown upon intellectual curiosity.  Their kids are taught to regurgitate the Bible and never, ever disagree with their parents about anything.  Ever.

Recall also that JB and M thought that their kids could become plumbers and electricians and experts in home construction by just watching someone else do it for a couple of hours.  

The kids could have tried to get into Harding University.  No liberal ideas there 😂

44 minutes ago, dariafan said:

The kids could have tried to get into Harding University.  No liberal ideas there 😂

Oh yes. I went to Girls State there (native Arkansan) and the dress code was downright draconian — or seemed that way to us high school students.

But by Duggar standards, even it’s probably full of heathens.

Edited by AgathaC
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Most of the religious homeschoolers I know in NWA who will let their kids go to college send them to John Brown in Siloam Springs or to Evangel or COFO in SWMO. I honestly don't know anyone around here who went to Harding. My guess is that's more popular with folks in the Delta. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I work in a state college and currently have blue hair.

I have worked at the same library for 28 years. Things used to be so different, no visible tattoos, no short skirts, you had to have "normal" color hair and your nails had to be normal colored as well. Fast forward to now, tattoos are fine as long as they aren't obscene or offensive, there are people with green hair and people with multiple piercing (including those ear stretchy ones)..... times have changed! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 8

From the discussion on the Josh/Anna thread and People magazine, but I just want to note on this thread that yes, JB is indeed a male chauvinist, no matter what he said under oath today.

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, quarks said:

From the discussion on the Josh/Anna thread and People magazine, but I just want to note on this thread that yes, JB is indeed a male chauvinist, no matter what he said under oath today.

Their whole society is based on male headship. Or the Patriarchy, if you will.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, quarks said:

And that wasn't the only lie JB said under oath today. He needs to be set on a busy street corner holding a sign that reads "I am a pathetic liar." for the rest of eternity. "Liar" could be switched out eventually for male chauvinist, hypocrite, human being, parent, and more.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And if any of us were on the jury, Josh has a guaranteed guilty verdict. Sadly, we're not.

True.

But for what it's worth, countless defendants have tried to pull the "I had terrible parents!" excuse, and the jury looked at them and said, "That's nice. Guilty!"  Josh is in his 30s. Sympathy for a terrible childhood can only go so far.

And, also, there are 18 other kids here, none of whom, for all their myriad faults and frequently questionable taste in marriage partners, have ever been accused of anything like this.

Edited by quarks
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, quarks said:

True.

But for what it's worth, countless defendants have tried to pull the "I had terrible parents!" excuse, and the jury looked at them and said, "That's nice. Guilty!"  Josh is in his 30s. Sympathy for a terrible childhood can only go so far.

And, also, there are 18 other kids here, none of whom, for all their myriad faults and frequently questionable taste in marriage partners, have never been accused of anything like this.

That is true as far as we know. I would even say, some, like JD, are probably a nice enough person within the context of their fundieism. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 1

I really wanted Josh to plead guilty, to force himself to scrounge up whatever microscopic smidgens of common sense and humanity he might have still hidden inside himself somewhere....and, especially, to spare everybody else in the family this daily media blitz, save the jury and the other people in court from having to see those horrible pictures,  and save some bucks I'm sure the Duggarlings may all (including Josh) really need down the line.

But now that it's led to JB really really really making a super-hate-worthy ass of himself in federal court with the world's media watching and reporting several times a day......Well, I'd just like to say, "Thanks for not pleading guilty, Josh. I like the result so far for your disgusting father." 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Grinning and waving at strangers on the street from a float when your son is about to be tried for hideous vicious sexual crimes and his earlier ugly sex offenses against several of your daughters, that you personally covered up and diminished, will likely be part of the public conversation? ....Stay home and stop waving.  

FIFY

• Love 11
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

There I feel better. JB would look better with eyebrows lol.

C4CBA71D-B9C4-4729-B164-5259FD32C4D6.jpeg

Ha. To be fair (why, I don’t know!), many women of his age also lose much of their natural eyebrows, but pencil them in with makeup. Maybe men should do the same. 

• LOL 3
On 12/1/2021 at 2:20 PM, Churchhoney said:

I hsven't really had a feeling one way or another about whether JB and M made a PR blunder -- or did a perfectly fine thing -- when they published happy family-Thanksgiving pictures last week. I can see that one both ways. 

But I do think that riding down the street in a Thanksgiving-Christmas parade at basically the exact moment when this hideous mess was about to bust wide open was a dumb and tone-deaf -- and possibly literally crazy -- move indeed. 

Gathering your family at home for a warm Thanksgiving dinner and photographing your loved ones? That's one thing. ....

Grinning and waving at strangers on the street from a float when your son is about to be tried for hideous vicious sexual crimes and his earlier ugly sex offenses against several of your daughters will likely be part of the public conversation? ....Stay home and stop waving.  (also, don't bring a little girl with you on the float)

I had no idea they had the temerity to appear in a parade.

Interesting how many of the Thanksgiving prep pictures show the male Duggars involved in preparing the meal, which never seemed to be the case when their prized eldest was part of the gathering.   

• Love 8

Woman with a message for JB and M. I wonder what they'd think if they ever listened to anything like this. But I'm pretty sure they never do or would. I hope I'm wrong about that. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Woman with a message for JB and M. I wonder what they'd think if they ever listened to anything like this. But I'm pretty sure they never do or would. I hope I'm wrong about that. 

Bravo, Madam!  Flat out, plainspoken and very well said.  Unvarnished truth.

"You portrayed it as J O Y, Jesus, Others, Yourselves, but the J was Jim Bob, not Jesus."

"You are evil.  That was deception.  That wasn't the spirit of God or being a Christian."

Even if they never hear this I certainly hope these types of thoughts are running amuck in their minds, unbidden and uncontrolled, for the rest of their lives.       

• Love 23
59 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Hope Jim continues to support the M kids. It would be a shame if Anna and M kids became homeless!

It might be the best thing that ever happened to them. Anna would have plenty of support elsewhere. Unfortunately, she's probably busy trying to figure out how to get pregnant in the next four months.

Yes, Hilaria's hand was getting sharpened up to claw her way onto reality TV. She's worked so hard in such a short time!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

My favorite line. "I personally pray you burn in hell." YES!!! me too.

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Immaculate conception?

She’s a day late on that one (Catholic humor). 

She should pack up her kids and hightail it to a family member’s house for the holidays to get away from the Duggar family and get her thoughts together.

Edited by Stacey1014
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
Just now, Stacey1014 said:

She should pack up her kids and hightail it to a family member’s house for the holidays to get away from the Duggar family and get her thoughts together.

I doubt whether she has ever *had* her own thought, let alone getting any thoughts together.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:
19 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I doubt whether she has ever *had* her own thought, let alone getting any thoughts together.

Plus she has 7 small children. It's going to be at least 10 years before she has a chance to take a break long enough to have a thought & by then Mackynzie will be starting on her motherhood journey. 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

How I imagine Michelle spending the last week

If it were anyone else I'd totally sympathize!  There have been times when things are going on within the family or the larger world where I just want to hide in the darkest corner of the basement and not come out until it (whatever it happens to be) is safely over.  Of course I can't actually do that and maybe if Michelle hadn't spent the last 30 or so years living in fundie la la land maybe this latest horror show for her family wouldn't have happened in the first place!

• Love 11
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Hope Jim continues to support the M kids. It would be a shame if Anna and M kids became homeless!

They will never be homeless. Anna could get lots of public support, as well as plenty of state benefits, if she wanted them. She is luckier than the millions of homeless Americans who aren’t so privileged.

7 hours ago, drafan said:

It might be the best thing that ever happened to them. Anna would have plenty of support elsewhere. Unfortunately, she's probably busy trying to figure out how to get pregnant in the next four months.

Yes, Hilaria's hand was getting sharpened up to claw her way onto reality TV. She's worked so hard in such a short time!

Exactly! I’m not even sure if continuing to live and be raised by Anna is what’s best for those kids, TBH.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

And let’s remember she does have siblings with some money. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

She isn't Rebekah's problem to raise though.  Rebekah already took in Suz and finished bringing her up.  

She would likely be willing to let Anna and the kids stay for a week or 2 to get away, though.

• Love 4