Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E02: It Will Be My Revenge

• Start Topic

Best explanation for losing a challenge: "Water's always been the black man's Kryptonite." -- Will

Jeff sounded like he was losing his voice in the challenge. If only.

Did Dan make himself a big boy diaper?

My thoughts as they are plotting who to vote for: Vince wants to get rid of Joe (their strongest player), because of his ego. Nina is an outsider who blew up when she should have just kept her mouth shut. Yes, I understand her frustration, but this is a game where you have to make friends. And her age (which I hate they keep bringing up) plays against her. Will, with asthma, seems to be slowing down. Nina, who tells Will that Vince thinks his health is slowing them down, is really throwing herself into the fire if she hasn't figured out that she needs to stick with the alliance she has managed to make. Because no one else wants her. Nina needs to stop blaming others for her lack of social skills. I think she preconceives that younger people won't want to be friends with her.

Are any of the no collars looking for an idol, anywhere?

And crazy Vince is gone!! He obviously didn't see that one coming. Looks like Will took Nina's warning to heart and voted for Vince.

• Love 18

Nina is a horrible player. When Will came to her seeking an alliance mate, all she did was make him as uneasy as possible by questioning his health. Nice one, Nina. Also, crying and yelling at people doesn't tend to keep you around a long time. She is the least valuable player on this season.

That said, I feel like tonight's vote saved Survivor from facing its first homicide.

And wow, there are a lot of tattoos on these contestants. I don't find it very appealing, but to each his own.

• Love 21

I like Will.  He's got a nice, self-deprecating sense of humor.  I also liked Jenn's speech at tribal.  She really seems joyous at being there. 

Vince was gone too soon.  I was hoping for coconut sales tales and lots of long, uncomfortable hugs.  And his man-bun.  Better than Joe's man-bun. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Well that was fun.  Glad Vince is gone.  He just had a gigantic douche vibe to him.  Also glad that Joe is safe.

I bet Nina didn't even realize she caused that to happen.  I'm divided on whether it was actually a good vote for Will or not.  The other three really don't need his vote now.

I want to be sympathetic to Nina, but it's very easy to see that she is super annoying.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 17

Buy-bye Feather Head! He was so jealous of Joe.

Nina contradicted herself when she said the other girls wouldn't include her in conversations but then said sometimes she couldn't hear people talking. Eh, she can go home next.

• Love 3

Usually I root for the disabled contestants in any reality show.  Nina? not so much.  I don't see any redeeming qualities there.

I LOVED Jen's face when she got votes after she gushed to Jeff how excited she was to be there at Tribal.

Nina did shoot herself in the foot tonight and I think the young ones felt they could get rid of her at any time and tonight was the night to get rid of Vince.  I'm so happy he's gone   Usually annoying people like him last a long time and give me agida (Italian for heartburn).

• Love 11
(edited)

Nine is a horrible player, but dang she looks great for 51 - if that's really her age.  Boy, did she jack that up - it really was in Will's best interest to get rid of Jen...good going Nina!

Yay - the peacock is gone, but not without being acknowledged and validated first...everyone wins!

Edited by lyric
  • Love 9
(edited)

Perfect vote. Wow Nina, you suck at this game. Your whinging was bad enough (sorry, I didn't buy that the two other women were being mean to her or shutting her out. It really looked like she was just feeling sorry for herself) but who the hell tells someone in their alliance, that's already so small because it's a six person tribe, that the other person thinks they are weak and may be a liability in the game. And this BEFORE the vote.

The minute they showed that conversation, I knew Vince was gone because Will would vote with Joe and company. Also Vince screwed himself with his stupid obsession and made up war in his own head with Joe. His desperation to be alpha-male made him crazed and turned off Hali and Jenn. But if it weren't for Nina's big mouth and suckiness, he might have actually pulled off his plan to get rid of Jenn. 

I got the impression Will went against the plan though to split the votes and just voted for Vince knowing the other two women would, which would make it three. Also because I imagine he knew for a fact that neither Nina or Vince had an idol. I guess he didn't give Joe a heads up judging by Joe's vote for Nina. I actually didn't think Joe's plan to split the vote made sense, especially because he admitted he was wary of Will. I get the argument that Nina or Vince might have an idol but that was just a risk they had to take because splitting the votes made no sense if Will wasn't with them because then it would be 2 votes from the women, 1 from him and 3 for someone else who automatically goes home. At least if he and the two women voted the same, if there is no idol,  they get a 3-3 tie and have to re-vote. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9

Nina is a bad player. She should have shut up and not told Will that Vince was talking about Will being weak. She was on her way to getting out Jen. Instead she lost an ally and is now stuck on the losing end of the vote. She probably doesn't even realize it. Will was just scared and voted against Vince because of what Nina told him..........

Over on the white collar tribe an expert at Survivor should know that going off alone is not a smart move.

• Love 12

Well that was fun.  Glad Vince is gone.  He just had a gigantic douche vibe to him.  Also glad that Joe is safe.

I bet Nina didn't even realize she caused that to happen.  I'm divided on whether it was actually a good vote for Will or not.  The other three really don't need his vote now.I want to be sympathetic to Nina, but it's very easy to see that she is super annoying.

Yeah, Vince was easily going to turn into (Tocantins) Coach 2.0 if left unchecked.  Glad that was nipped in the bud.  And yeah, I like Joe for now, so I'm glad he was spared.

Nina's such a poor player that no, @vb68, I don't think she realizes at all that she caused Vince's boot.  And Will?  I like him, but . . . Joe, Jenn, and Hali pretty much control the votes now, assuming they see each other as the core group.  Will and Nina have become easy vote-offs whenever they get around to it, if they get around to them before a swap.

• Love 7
(edited)

Oh, good job, Nina.  Make one of your alliance-mates worry that the other alliance-mate is thinking about getting rid of him.  That always goes well.  Enjoy your new alliance of one.

Did Jenn write "Vincelot"?

Joaquin did a nice job at that challenge.  

Edited by ElleryAnne
  • Love 11

I'm not happy when I think basically everyone is stupid both times people went to tribal council.

Arrogant young jerkwads are dumb because a risky maneuver like vote splitting when no one has demonstrated any reliability is... well it's pretty stupid.

Vince is dumb for even thinking about going after Joe in the first vote.  Plus all the other reasons.

Nina is dumb because that was a truly atrocious play that cemented Will getting rid of Vince.

And Will is dumb because he thought short term instead of long term on the first vote.  Now he's the fourth guy in a five person tribe.  But he got rid of Vince, who he couldn't trust.  Hooray!

At least Will has a likable personality, unlike every other person on that tribe.

Plus side: it appears that Sierra is the hot young tall girl who actually played basketball (rare for this show, which doesn't cast athletic women much) and her team knew and respected that and then she came through.  So well done, team Blue Collar.  I think I might like some of you.

• Love 11

Oh, good job, Nina.  Make one of your alliance-mates worry that the other alliance-mate is thinking about getting rid of him.  That always goes well.  Enjoy your new alliance of one.

No that was Hali.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think Will played a smart game.  Plus he is likeable and drew a huge laugh from Jenn with his "Water is kryptonite for the black man!"  comment.

I feel for Nina,  I,too,am deaf as a fucking post.  OTOH, I would never go on Survivor and then whine that I was being excluded from conversations,

I stick to my posted opinion from last week--Joaquin is hawt.

Edited by susannot
  • Love 9

Hail wrote "Vincealot"

• Love 3

Did anybody else expect Probst to chide the No Collars, ripping up the votes for Vince? I mean, it's probably better for Coach Lite to go too soon than too late, but it looks like another identifiable member of this season's herd is gone. He'll get a little time at the Reunion, especially if he wears feathers.

Nina, Nina, Nina. You gotta have thicker skin when dealing with others who aren't like you. I'm not ready to lump Jenn and Hali as "Mean Girls," but I understood where Nina was coming from. In other news: do I suck for thinking about Nina having implants, especially because they're in her ears?

It's still tough to tell these people apart. For every Dan and Max (facial hair), you have somebody who doesn't make much of an impact. Speaking of Max . .. I don't want the Survivor scholar to walk around naked. It's probably the best time to do it, since there are fewer people (four) to horrify (not counting crew members), but channeling Richard Hatch isn't a good idea.

ETA: Which "No Collar" girl talked about seeing the show when she was eight? Way to make me feel old.

• Love 6

I thought Nina said she was 54? Because I'm 55 and I was thinking... OK, I could possibly do that, because I don't carry grudges and I get along easily with all kinds of people.

Oh, 54?  Damn, she really looks much younger.

I get the comparisons of Vince to Coach, but I really think Coach was half serious, half playing up the crazy, whereas Vince is just that guy.  Glad to be rid of the second hand embarrassment I felt watching him...bless his heart.

• Love 2

Sure, Vince was the glue on his tribe..the Crazy Glue!

I was surprised that Vince was voted off..I thought we would see days and days of his Joe envy and paranoia.

Nina is not winning my sympathy. Does one really need an invitation to go swimming in a public ocean?  I guess that Nina can hear if you speak to her directly, but she misses the peripheral talking around her. It must be frustrating, but it doesn't help to whine about being left out of conversations. She might have to make more of an effort to get into the loop, but she can't expect people to make an effort FOR her. In real life , maybe, but not on a dog eat dog game like Survivor.

• Love 16
(edited)

I honestly really felt for Nina.  One thing that looked really bad on her is when Hali very genuinely, I thought, tried to console her.  Or comfort her.  And then Nina very forcefully brushed her off.  Then it was like ummmm.... What exactly do you want, here?

I didn't like Jenn at all this episode.  Sorry.  She's so goddamn smug.  She was almost proud of the fact that she was excluding Nina and did not care at all about the communication issues.  Very high school chick in my opinion.

Hali I don't think meant to at all.  She said something like "I honestly didn't think she'd be into it?"  And I believed her.  I find her beautiful and quite appealing so far.

I love Will!  He's almost a perfect type of player for me.  I loved his whole poker-faced attitude at Tribal, and all the little jokes he made.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 14

Didn't expect Vince to be voted out because in the beginning you would want to keep your tribe strong in the beginning, but Vince kind of proved that he's really not that strong, and he was nothing but a creepy jealous person. Joe should have told him to get the hell on somewhere with that whole, "I need you to acknowledge crap".  Vince can't shoot a ball to save his life, he was always coming up short. He was so jealous of Joe, can't blame him though Joe is definitely a cutie and the eyecandy of this season. Joaquin is cute too, but not feeling him for now.

Count me in as another person laughing when Nina told Will about Vince doubting his health. That was the nail in Vince's coffin. Will may have a target on his back because swing votes never make it that far except for Jaclyn and Jon of last season. We don't have couples here though so Will might be seen to be not trustworthy.

The Scorpion Eater (name not memorized yet) it's not wise to be telling your tribe to get up and do something. I understand he's the type that likes to stay busy and doing something but you can't push that philosophy on your tribe, cause that gets them to hate you.

White Collar for those that want to be naked, it's nice and your prerogative but I wouldn't keep flashing my nudity in front of my tribe.

I'm in the mindset that you never want to weaken your tribe in the beginning. You keep your strongest players until the tribes merge and then you get rid of the threats.

• Love 3

I haven't heard Nina explain how much she can actually hear. Certainly if you have implants they are doing something. There is one scene in this ep where she and Will are sitting on the beach looking at the sea and Will asks something like 'How can I help?', and Nina hears him fine, so I'm stumped.

Tribal was the first time I've seen Joe's hair unbound, and I have to say: I want it. That is all.

• Love 6

Joaquin is cute too, but not feeling him for now.

He reminds me of one of the sub-players on Melrose Place. You know.... the guy cleaning the pool, the guy tending bar. He doesn't strike me as very bright, but he can shoot some hoops! The Blue team would be in trouble if they ever challenged White to a game.

Joe is adorable. I hope he sticks around.

• Love 5

Thanks to the Survivor Gods for bathing suits being provided. How convenient that the manties got eaten by a wave.

The ladies must have been devastated to learn he wouldn't be running around camp in his speedo like manties.

I predict the sea will find them repulsive and spit them back out.

• Love 9
(edited)

Well the entertainment quota just got whacked down a few notches with Vince out. He was great TV and with him goes two truncated storylines....his interest and then turn around on Jenn and his power struggle with Joe.

Then we have Nina who totally "Gilliganed" the plan by telling Will what Vince said and that apparently turned the tide and she managed to blow up her own alliance. I felt sorry for her up until that point but that was really, really dumb.

The young women were extremely vile this episode. It never ceased to amaze me that twenty something women think they are hot s@#t just because they look good. They fail to realize time goes by quicker than they think and 20 years from now when they are in their mini van looking at their thunderthighs while popping prozac they will be wondering how they got to that place. Shoe meet the other foot.

Allegedly there is a state trooper on this show but somebody better put out a BOLO to find her. Quick notes...less Joachim is good. Max is very, very skeevy. Tyler is kind of bland. Post Office guy really is a Rupert wannabe.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 13

I haven't heard Nina explain how much she can actually hear. Certainly if you have implants they are doing something. There is one scene in this ep where she and Will are sitting on the beach looking at the sea and Will asks something like 'How can I help?', and Nina hears him fine, so I'm stumped.

Tribal was the first time I've seen Joe's hair unbound, and I have to say: I want it. That is all.

I observed the same thing about her hearing. Maybe she hears better on the side with the device?

Joe is too adorable. So glad creepy Vince was the one to go! Much rather see Joe and those locks any day.

• Love 1

I just don't like Jenn. I can't put a reason to it yet, but she irks.

When No Collar loses again.I think Nina is next to go. She may be a bit annoying, but she committed the ultimate unforgivable crime of being over 25. Same thing for Dan on Blue. Why does Survivor even bother to cast "older" contestants? Probst's BS line about bringing together people "from all walks of life" made my eyes roll out of my head and under the couch.

Shocked Vince left! I figured he'd be around for Coach-like drama. He was uber creepy with stalker tendencies, so I guess it's a good thing he's gone, but not gonna lie...it would have been entertaining to hear him expound more of his pseudo free spirit drivel. He looked like a live action incarnation of Disney's Tarzan cartoon!

The Blue Collar guy who isn't Dan or obnoxious Boston dude is setting himself up for a boot. The guy (or girl) who works hard and lets everyone in the tribe know it, is a goner.

• Love 9

The Blue Collar guy who isn't Dan or obnoxious Boston dude is setting himself up for a boot. The guy (or girl) who works hard and lets everyone in the tribe know it, is a goner.

That was Mike, whom I knew from his stupid scorpion-eating stunt last week would be a really bad player.  Not surprised he's proving me right along with Dan.

• Love 2
Allegedly there is a state trooper on this show but somebody better put out a BOLO to find her. Quick notes...less Joachim is good. Max is very, very skeevy. Tyler is kind of bland. Post Office guy really is a Rupert wannabe.

I think she was the blue collar team woman who shot nothing but net.  She is really tall.  Don't know her name,but she is awesome.

• Love 1

I think she was the blue collar team woman who shot nothing but net.  She is really tall.  Don't know her name,but she is awesome.

Nope, that was Sierra.  Kelly is the State Trooper.

• Love 1

I cannot not see Joe as a woman.  I get the impression that he, and the tribe, fancy him as a sexy, buff, ladies' man, but I can't see him as anything other than a middle aged lady with a perm.

I cannot not see Vince as Coach 2.0 .  Sorry to see him go, actually.  the younger kids on the tribe are supremely annoying and I would have loved to see one of them go over Vince, who at least seems to have some depth.  

Also, I agree that Max is a creep, and is quite pleased with his own cleverness (the beard itself tells me he's trying too hard) and the blue-collar guy who lost his manties- I wish he'd stop harping on being a "fat guy".  I wouldn't have even thought it, except that he mentions it in every sentence.

• Love 8

Did Vince say he is 32? I would like some proof of that, please.

I must not have been paying very much attention last week because I didn't realize how fine Will is. I hope he can stick around.

Max SAYS he is a teacher and student of Survivor, but he sure doesn't show it.

• Love 1

Vince really did end up doing himself in. He encouraged Nina to feel out Will about his "health" and seemed to revel in giving the "order". Nina seemed to be expressing genuine concern but it is hard to blame Will for being paranoid.

Nina seemed so desperate to align with Vince and do his bidding that she either didn't realize how loaded questions about his "health" would seem or she didn't think ahead in putting the blame on Vince. Either way, she seems a bit clueless and far too sensitive (and honest?) for this game.

• Love 3

Great episode but I am kinda bummed that Vince is gone this soon, I know he was kinda a wacko but I think he could have helped them win a few more challenges to keep them safe from tribal. Will was awful at that swimming challenge as I figured he wasnt a strong swimmer just by looking at him.  I kinda wish Nina went home, not to sound mean to anyone with a disability but I really dont think that Jenn and Hali were trying to be mean to her this was only the second episode and Nina is already this emotional??? How is she going to last 39 days.....  

• Love 2
(edited)

Pretty good episode.  I was laughing at the two guys not knowing where to look when Shrin? was walking around bottomless.

I really like Will.  Hope he gets to the end.

I thought Vince expressed to Nina that he was concerned for Will's health and asked her to enquire about it because he might open up to her.  She turns it around and makes it sound like Vince wanted to vote out Will because he wasn't up to it.  Good job Nina.   Way to dismember your alliance.

Edited by EverCat
  • Love 6

Max SAYS he is a teacher and student of Survivor, but he sure doesn't show it.

He might be the first Professor (ala Gilligan's Island) who flunks his own course.

Nina is starting to remind me of the woman who cried all the time and lost her teeth in the lagoon.

• Love 7

It never ceased to amaze me that twenty something women think they are hot s@#t just because they look good. They fail to realize time goes by quicker than they think and 20 years from now when they are in their mini van looking at their thunderthighs while popping prozac they will be wondering how they got to that place. Shoe meet the other foot.

Oh my.  

• Love 4

Joaquin made the episode for me tonight.

The conversation between him, Tyler and Shirin on the beach was pure comedy gold. The visual of the three of them was hilarious- Tyler in a pair of jeans and plaid shirt; Shirin "ass-naked", clad only in a bikini top; and Joaquin in a white Brooks Brothers button-down neatly tucked into his tailored pants with a nice belt on.  Then there's ass-naked Shirin bending this way and that way discussing what pot or cups need to be cleaned with poor Tyler uncomfortably doing his best to avert his eyes without being offensive and Joaquin just focusing on something/ anything just so he doesn't have to look at her naughty bits (he first focused on a pot on the beach while she was bending over and then just stared off into the distance when she got up).  Awesome.

Also loved how he kicked butt in the challenge but didn't come off as a raging alpha male.  In fact, even though his tribe was in third place, he just sat there calmly waiting on the platform for his turn to come up while the other teams were doing the requisite "we're still in this!", "we got this!" type screaming. And when his turn comes up, he kicks ass during the swimming portion and then shoots all five baskets for the win without acting like a total douche.

I'm officially a fan.

• Love 21

Vince is so mature now, he isn't ruled by hormones.  No sirrree... His whole "I need some acknowledgement" and "I felt that you were driven by ego" to Joe was possibly the most hilarious, hypocritical, and self unaware thing I have ever heard. 

I am pretty sure that Jenn has no idea what "compassion" means.  I'm no expert, but I don't think it is in any way related to "get over it."  And her mouth at tribal - is trying to Keith it?  I was disappointed with her tonight because I liked her in the premiere.  

I'm a little confused about what happened with the vote.  Even knowing who voted for whom, I cannot figure it out.  Did someone change votes at the last minute?  Why was Joe the only one to vote for Nina - is he out of the loop?

I like Nina, and I understand why she got so upset.  The younger women were being kind of shitty to her, and being marginalized is tough.  I think people tend to struggle in the first few days (her, Will) because they haven't really adjusted to the setting yet and so they're hungry and tired and stressed but aren't "used to it" like they may be later in the season.  I've always that days 4 through 10 would be the hardest to me.

No that was Hali.

Oh, so that's her name!  Probably just me, but she was only one who's name I couldn't remember.

When they are sitting side by side, his mouth is in direct line to her ear/ implant, and there isn't a lot of ambient noise, especially in between them.  In those circumstances, the implants should make it relatively easy for her to understand him.  In the other settings, people were behind her or they were walking and possibly making noise with stepping on sticks and such or it was in a group setting (or all three).  Background noise makes it tough to hear an individual voice, and not having a direct line between speaker's mouth and listener's implants also complicates it.  It's also possible that she turned them down on occasion when ambient noise was too loud, and I thought that at one point she had them out altogether, possibly because she'd been swimming.  

• Love 4