Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Amster-Damn

• Start Topic

Was it my imagination or did Yolanda break away from angry Brandi after her temper tantrum?  Brandi is just a bad actress.  The "I can't stand the hypocrisy," is just so phony.  When she was using pot with Kyle was it filmed, was it in front of her children or Kyle's children?  Brandi little hissy fit was pretty funny as she screamed for no apparent reason about the other women talking about her drunkenness and anger.  How very manipulative to say she needs her A game to interact with these women so she didn't partake in the pot sampling-why does she need a game at all unless she intended on stirring up trouble?  I noticed not one woman even attempted to sway Brandi into have a bite of cake.  So Brandi is pretty much admitting she just went along to screw with everyone else's evening?

The scene at the end with Brandi's tantrum, walking away from and at a distance from the other ladies reminded me of Nene from Atlanta (and other HoWives from other franchises) who are at an event or on a trip without their allies, alone. Classic bullies. True social misfits. They need their allies, whether it's a fellow HW or booze, to enable their existence, and when they don't have it, they're uncomfortable and out of sorts, almost unable to function. So what do they do? They either leave the party (Nene did this once when her troops were MIA), or walk away after throwing a tantrum (Brandi), or roll their eyes and insult the others in a TH about nonsense (again, Brandi, both tonight in Amsterdam, and at Lisa's b-day party, where she was w/o her friend, alcohol). All the ladies were having fun, but Brandi, without her bff Kim, or a high from a space cake, couldn't seem to function, so she invented trouble out of nothing.

• Love 13

Panthergirl13,

Enjoy all that life brings to you. It's the journey and not the destination after all is said and done.

Thanks! Once it's official I'm going to document my experience moving from the US to the Netherlands with a blog called "Orange is the New Red White and Blue"

In preparation, I've been reading a lot about Dutch culture. They don't like public displays of emotion of any kind, which makes these outbursts even MORE appalling. Where do they think they are? Italy??

• Love 19
(edited)

That was me! Thanks!! Hahahahahaha

No problem.

I think Kyle is far more attractive than Brandi, and I felt that way even before Brandi's looks started deteriorating. I think Kyle has exactly the kind of life that Brandi wants: a husband, well-adjusted children, a beautiful home, no financial worries, lots of friends, etc. Brandi is green with envy, and feels that she deserves all of that. So she's resentful of Kyle and takes it out on her.

Exactly. Kyle could had helped her be less trashy but she prefers to be trashy and a hot mess. Thats not Kyle's doing. Brandi needs to look herself in a mirror why her life might suck at this stage of her life. Not everything is Eddie's fault. Leann's. Schenna Marie's. Kyle's.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 11
(edited)

I'm disappointed Kim apologized to LisaR, but not to Eileen. I'm even more disappointed LisaR didn't tell Kim that Eileen deserved an apology as well.

Eileen seems very grounded to me, so I'm sure she doesn't need or want an apology from a trashy Richards sister to move forward, but I have a feeling some of these women will turn on/abandon Eileen at some point. (Next week?)

I like LisaR a lot. She even made my husband laugh a few times, especially when she made that comment about her children knowing she never turns down cake. But I hate the way she handles herself with Kim and Brandi. I've always said "Never say never!" When LisaR told Kyle she would never speak to Kim again, I looked at my husband and said she will be talking to Kim after the commercial break. I bet those two are friends now. I don't respect that kind of behavior. 

Maybe Eileen will learn why it's a big mistake to defend someone you don't know well (LisaR). In my opinion, Eileen did even less to Kim than LisaR, but Eileen's still in the doghouse and LisaR and Kim have talked it out. 

I think Kim's vitriol toward Eileen has a lot to do with the fact that Kim knows Eileen is a strong individual who will always see through her. LisaR clearly can be "trained" and is a follower. Kim apologized to the housewife she believes she can eventually control.

Kim is a vile, disgusting person and always will be.

Kyle was so silly at the coffeeshop. Unfortunately, I understood Brandi's annoyance because Kyle is a total hypocrite. But Brandi is also a hypocrite. She said she was going to remain silent and stay calm, but she couldn't take not being part of the drama. I think she hated that the other housewives were moving on and managing to have fun after she had crafted that Kim drama so carefully.

All I can take away from this episode is that, once again, I'm rooting for a new housewife to leave the show. Eileen's too good for this. The other housewives know it. If she doesn't need the money, she should walk away. Sadly, with the fall of so many soaps, she may need something like this to keep her working.

Edited by slade3
  • Love 5

The train wreck that is Kim Richards went off the rails last night. She is truly filled with hate and anger. Just despicable.

Lisa Rinna did not deserve that. No way.  She was trying to explain where she was coming from (Yolanda was the one that started the go around the table and tell us something thing, which is never a good idea anyway).   All Kim needed to say was "Yes, you did get into my business but I see where you were coming from and I accept your apology".

As much as Lisa Rinna didn't deserve it, Kyle and Eileen (especially Eileen) did not deserve it either. (I think Kim may be jealous of Eileen's success).

And then Kim and Brandi make it all about Lisa Rinna throwing the wine glass and trying to "choke" Kim.  Because of course, Kim didn't deserve that, because she can never take responsibility for any of her actions.  Kyle was right - you can't defend it anymore.  

And then for Kim to go off of Kyle for not speaking up - Does Kim remember how she kept quiet during the Camille/Kyle incident.  (In all honestly, she probably doesn't).

Ugh - my dislike for Kim has reached a new high, and why in the world are we continually treated to her talking heads?  She is the least interesting person on the show. 

As for Brandi, who never lets me down, she had no business bringing up the pot smoking with Kyle.   It's one thing to say it among friends, it's another thing to say it when cameras are rolling.  That's not hypocrisy.  That's not wanting to make something private public.  Just because Brandi runs around drunk, with her tampon string hanging out and generally doesn't care what she looks like, doesn't mean the rest of the world has to follow suit. 

Thank you Bravo for ruining this show.  I said I was going to stop last week, but I wanted to see the Kim/Lisa Rinna scene play out. Now I'll likely finish the season, but if Brandi and Kim are back again next season,  I won't be . 

• Love 9

Thanks! Once it's official I'm going to document my experience moving from the US to the Netherlands with a blog called "Orange is the New Red White and Blue"

In preparation, I've been reading a lot about Dutch culture. They don't like public displays of emotion of any kind, which makes these outbursts even MORE appalling. Where do they think they are? Italy??

Good luck with that.  I moved to the US in the early 80s.  My friends said "walnutqueen, you've become SO RUDE since you moved to The States".  Guilty as charged.  :~)

• Love 5

Thoughts:

I love the Dutch and I love the Netherlands. And how hot is Yo's brother? My husband is a 6'7" Dutchie fresh off the boat (windmill?) so maybe I'm biased but I love me some tall Dutchmen.

They were so ridiculous abou the cakes. Just eat one and shut up! And I totally believe that Brandy smoked some spliffs with Kyle, but Kyle is a pearl-clutcher on TV.

Were I Lisa Rinna, I'd slam the door in Kim's face but I'm glad they made their peace I guess. I don't particularly like watching drama on TV and I don't like Kim at all, though.

I'm liking Eileen and Lisa Rinna more and more.

• Love 4

Did Kim actually say I'm sorry or apologize to Lisar in the hotel room the next AM? I hv to rewatch but I don't think she did.

No. She went to Lisa's room to receive an apology, not offer one.

She's a sly one, that Kim. Not only did she manipulate Lisa into feeling sorry for her and apologizing for the audacity to talk about her own sister's o.d., but she (Kim) has seemingly tricked people into thinking that she was the one that apologized!

Stop talking about me! You are hurting my kids!

LOL!!

• Love 14
(edited)

Brandi no doubt thinks Kyle is a total hypocrite for wearing tampons but not showing the string to photographers. What is she trying to hide anyway?

Bahahahahaha! One of the best comments, evahhhhhhh! Spot on!

Brandi outs herself and expects other parents to do the same, although in most cases, they don't come close to the Queen of hypocrisy known as Brandi.

I have 2 kids that are just over 21 years old and a 19 year old. Most of us here know how difficult it is to raise teens, in the age of social media and I can't imagine how much worse it can be to have that task when you are in the frying pan of Hollywood. Fortunately, my husband & I are pretty boring so we don't have anything to hide from our children. However, just because you make certain adult choices...ahem...I'm talking to you Brandi...it is not hypocritical to want to set a good example for your children. Brandi is so stunted it is mind blowing to me! (See, You don't need to be high as a kite to feel your mind blowing!)

As a parent, Kyle has a right to model as she sees fit and no one, like Brandi of all people, should out her or trash her on camera. Brandi, that's what we call discretion. Look it up in a dictionary. Just because your hippy parents raised you that way doesn't mean all other parents have to model for their children using them as an example. I can only wonder what was going through Yolanda's mind knowing how raw the Bella incident was to her.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 7
(edited)

Rinna to Kim:  "It's not ok to talk to your sister or anyone like that.It's not ok to talk to anyone like that, Kim. Your behavior is not ok". 

Really Rinna? I guess it's ok to try to lunge at a co-worker while in public at a fancy restaurant, try to choke them, threaten them saying "Don't you ever go near my husband, don't you touch him", throw a glass of wine at them,  smash the wine glass into thousand pieces, make a spectacle of oneself and co-workers in a foreign country.

Lisa Rinna. Civility personified. HA!  The irony.

One second Rinna is pontificating to Kim about appropriate behavior, teaching Kim about how not to talk to ANYONE, the next she is doing exactly the SAME  and FAR WORSE. Do these people not hear/see themselves? And Rinna is supposed to be one of the saner ones on the show? 

I suppose Rinna(Do as I say, not as I do) thinks her behavior is Ok. 

I have read many posts here saying "I don't condone what Lisar did, but I understand it". Hmmm. Isn't "understanding it" same as approving, forgiving, regarding  it as acceptable, in other words, condoning it? 

Edited by jjbjjbh
  • Love 15
(edited)

When trying to justify going after Lisa R's family by throwing Lisa R's marriage on the table by saying that going after Kim was the same as going after her kids, I guffawed. Way to twist it around Kim. Kim says she has been clean and sober for 3 years, then in the next breath said that her family would turn their backs if she started using. Well, yeah, I'm sure that during one of many many interventions, her kids told her she had to get help or they were walking away. But I am having a hard time believing that Lisa R supposedly talking about Kim  after 3 years of DEMONSTRATED sobriety  would have her kids saying yep we are done, UNLESS there have been other incidents or relapses along the way. Bottom line the person who will suffer by Kim's denials is Kim. Also I don't know what kind of program Kim is/was in,   but most are based to a certain extent on 12 step. And one of the tenents of 12 step is to make amends to those who they have harmed. Humility, honesty, forgiveness are all part of 12 step. Kim displays NONE of these and doesn't appear to live her life by the 12 steps.   

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 6

A tad off topic but bringing up the relationship of Kathy and Kim...

If I recall correctly, way back in season 1 when Kyle was planning Farrah's graduatoin party, wasn't there a scene with Kyle and Kim working out at the park and, during their break, Kim informed Kyle that Kathy and clan wouldn't be coming to Farrah's party because they had gone off somewhere else instead?

I thought it odd even back then. Why the fresh hell didn't Kathy inform Kyle herself? Why share that seemingly important piece of information with Kim, but not bother to tell the hostess, Kyle?

If I recall correctly, Kathy sent some godawful hideous plant and a check. Hopefully the check was big enough to make up for the atrocity that was the plant.

I may be way off, but even back then I got the feeling Kyle isn't very close to Kathy. At least not nearly as close as Kim seems to be to her.

The Richards' sisters dynamics are beyond dysfunctional, of that much I'm convinced.

Youre not off. Kyle even said in one episode, god, I wish I could remember the name that Kathy/Kim are closer than she/Kim and she feels like the odd woman out between them those two. Correct me if im wrong but Kathy didnt go to Alexia's graduation but she went to Kimberly's.

Maybe there is more to Kathy that we dont know about. Like I mentioned in a previous post Kathy is probably the HBIC what she says goes no matter what. Kyle probably is sick of being barked these orders even especially when it comes to being Kim's caretaker. Lisa V even backed up Kyle this episode that if Kyle doesnt defend, back or care for Kim enough she gets shit from the family.

• Love 5

Yeah, I'm shocked no one pointed that out to her, even after they cooled down. Not only did she throw the wine at Kim, she also smashed it against the table in anger, sending shards everywhere. I recall Ramona on RHONY doing something similar and getting a shitload of criticism for it.

I was surprised too but I think it had to do with how venomous and hateful Kim was to Lisa R, Eileen and Kyle - she was so despicable to all 3 of them that Lisa's response was irrelevant (to the rest of them).  I'm not saying it's ok, just that I think the others gave her a pass because of how awful Kim was.  IIRC, Ramona's glass throwing was in response to something that could not even be remotely provoking, as was Brandi's toss of wine in Eileen's face, so they caught criticism.

Kim came in to the dinner loaded for bear. She was looking for a fight as she is in almost every scene she is in.   Kyle especially never really knows which Kim is going to show up.  I would be so done with her.  Let Good Sister Kathy handle her.  And news flash for Kim:  Lisa Rinna is not ever going to ever be the reason your children are embarrassed by you.  You've seen to that yourself.  Over and over again. 

One more thing - kudos to Yolanda for trying to keep it together and keep the trip fun. It would have been a great episode in Holland except for Kim and Brandi.

Correct me if im wrong but Kathy didnt go to Alexia's graduation but she went to Kimberly's.

You're right - IIRC Kyle mentioned at the time that the Hiltons were traveling - I think they called though.

• Love 6

That guy dated Yolanda? He looked my age or younger.

I'm no Kyle fan, but I sympathize with her. She's got a family member with an illness and she feels responsible for her. And every time that family member does something, everyone turns to Kyle and says, "your sister is doing XYZ!" And then expect Kyle to scold, control, or console Kim. I remember in season one, people would say, "Why would Kyle have her sister on this show?" As if Kyle is Kim's mother. Kyle is not only Kim's sister, she's her little sister. And it's really difficult to try to help a family member with a volatile disease like this, while not making them feel like you're trying to parent them. I know this first hand.

And Brandi. Okay I know she's vile, but just stay with me here. Brandi is the only member of this cast who is not a professional actress. So maybe, just maybe, that explains her outburst at Kyle and her accusations of everyone being hypocrites. Maybe Brandi doesn't know when everyone is "on" and when they're not. She clearly doesn't know what is socially acceptable and is known to have sudden outbursts. Maybe she has some type of undiagnosed problem. I know people, I know. It's a stretch.

• Love 5
(edited)

Kyle wasn't being hypocritical at the weed shop but she was being fucking annoying. I 100% believe Brandi has smoked pot around Kyle. I do not believe it was 'the last time she smoked pot' but whatever, I can see where she would completely annoyed by Kyle's little innocent act.

Brandy was embarrassed that these grown women were acting like 12 year old girls who just found their daddy's stash...but in public, in an actual establishment meant for adults, where it legal, when she knows first hand it's not their first rodeo.

I would have been mortified and very embarrassed to have been there with them, difference between me and Brandi is that Brandi is a bitch and doesn't know when to speak or when to shut her ugly joker mouth.

I love Yolanda's mom.

All of the bike riding making me horny shit reminds me of this little skank I used to work with. She said the vibration of the sander (woodworking) made her cum 4 times between lunch and break, she said this in front of a dozen men and myself. I just looked at her in disgust and walked away. Tonight I looked at my tv in disgust and wished I could just walk away, but I won't, the reunion should be soon. :)

I can understand this.

I might also be annoyed at the silly act. I guess.

The other women were being silly but just having fun and sometimes that's what happens with friends you get a little more silly (shrugs).

For me Brandi has lost the authority to bitch about being embarrassed by the other women. After all the embarrassing things she has done she can stfu.

One more thing about Brandi, she had throw out the smoking weed with Kyle because she knew Kyle didn't want it out there. She is such a bitch.

Kyle didn't want to smoke or talk about it. Like the other women because, sometimes just because grownups do stuff privately, they might not want their kids to know about it.

Unlike Brandi, who tells us about all her coke use and drinking till she slurring and we can't understand her, and she does this on camera, be damned what her kids might think.

Yo's mom looked good.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7

Holy Shit, already eight pages!

So leave it to Kim to take a nice dinner where people are opening up, sharing their hurts, even apologizing - into a complete clusterfuck. Yes, she had told Lisar to drop the subject. But I didn't see what Lisa was saying as her trying to bring it back up again. Yo had just been talking about Bella's DUI, and it seemed like Lisa was building off of that to explain why the whole alcohol subject effects her so deeply. I didn't think she wanted to rehash KIM's issues, but just give a background on the subject, and really stress that she was coming from a good place and was sorry if she had upset Kim. But Kim just couldn't take it for what it was and be gracious. She had to roll her eyes and get all snippy, and basically be a complete bitch. 

I'm with Kyle. Kim's behavior was completely indefensible. She compares Kyle to Kathy, and basically says Kyle isn't a "real sister". Who does that??? What a bitch. And then the shit about Harry. Obviously I can't say for certain what that was all about, but I'm guessing there are cheating rumors. Way to be a total bitch and bring up some topic that has NOTHING to do with the subject at hand. Just to hurt her! That was all it was. Lisar may have been in the wrong, pursuing the whole "Get Kim Help" thing, but she was not trying to hurt Kim. Quite the opposite. But Kim is too obtuse to see that, and figures she'll throw some personal shit out there and deflect things off of herself. She really is a good match for Brandi. 

Now, did Lisar handle it correctly, by raising her hand to Kim and throwing the glass? Of course not. But Lisar has behaved quite diplomatically this entire season, even when Kim was being a complete, raving loon. How she held her composure as long as she did was beyond me. I guess she finally met her breaking point. What I find ridiculous, however, is Brandi (of all people) declaring how wrong it is to throw things! Does she have amnesia? Did she conveniently forget that SHE threw wine at Eileen just a few weeks back? For no reason whatsoever???

I did have to laugh at Kyle running out of the restaurant. She looked like she was fleeing a burning building. I know she was really hurt, what Kim said was atrocious. But she does have a flair for the dramatic, doesn't she? 

And Kim can just lose me with this whole, "It's about my kids" crap. That thought never even entered her mind until Yolanda mentioned what Kim had said about Lisar effecting HER kids. Then Kim was like a dog with a bone. "Yes! My kids! It's going to hurt my kids!" Bitch, please. You've exhibited enough drunken, crazy behavior on this show to fill three lifetimes of embarrassment for your kids. I'm pretty sure Lisar asking if you are okay isn't going to do any more damage. Sheesh. 

I'm glad for Yolanda's sake they were able to smooth things over and enjoy the next adventure. But surely it's not over. 

Bike riding around her old haunts looked so fun! I had to laugh, because I have not ridden a bike in years and I'm sure I'd look just like the lot of them, careening into things and struggling to stay upright. And how cute were those windmills? And Peter Paul?!! Where did he come from??? Just some random ex-boyfriend pops out of a windmill? That was crazy. 

So Brandi the truth-cannon is back. Outing Kyle and her pot smoking. Lovely. I don't know how she can call anyone a hypocrite. No one, that I recall, has ever addressed any of Brandi's offscreen behavior. Well, okay Paul and Adrienne said something about her sleeping to three. But other than that, I can't think of anything. No one mentioned Tampongate, that's for sure. So why did she feel the need to mention that she's smoked pot with Kyle? I mean, I don't really see it as a big deal. But if it's something Kyle didn't want her kids knowing and Brandi knew that, why couldn't she just respect that? I get that when you go on reality tv, everything's up for grabs. But it does seem like certain people will honor one's wish to keep certain things private....and then there's Brandi. And that was her totally sober. 

Imagine how much fun they'd have if they'd let Wet Blanket 1 and 2 at home?

• Love 12

Good luck with that.  I moved to the US in the early 80s.  My friends said "walnutqueen, you've become SO RUDE since you moved to The States".  Guilty as charged.  :~)

You guys are making me laugh this a.m. 

I still haven't watched and the forecast doesn't look good for any time today. But I need to know:

Did whatever apologies/non-apologies that happened last night make every thing all better and next week we see them tra-la-la-ing through the countryside?  Were Kyle and Kim talking?  Kim and Eileen?

• Love 2

I watched the episode last night and needed time to process it.  I think this episode showed how aware all of these women are of the camera and that they are being filmed.

Full disclosure here, I've been sober almost 28 years, I've seen a lot of people get sober, go out, come back, etc.  Saying that, I really am not sure about Kim, whether she's sober or not.  Kim drank and took drugs for years, that could have done serious damage to her brain; also she could have been using the alcohol to self medicate, so when she stopped she went coo coo bananas, I've seen that a lot.  Kim was acting strange and I have a feeling it wasn't because of one pain pill.  But who knows?  Her sobriety is her business.

My issue with Lisa is that Kim's sobriety is her business and she really had no right to keep questioning Kim about it, in the guise that she just cared about her.  Someone in recovery would not have done that, question Kim's sobriety in front of others and the camera; that's why Kim went batshit crazy, she didn't like Lisa asking her on camera, about her recovery and for some reason it bothered me too; if Kim isn't really sober, that is not Lisa's business.

Now, I think Kim was seriously wrong when she started in on Lisa at the restaurant, I've seen shit like that from people who are getting sober, especially people who either drank for a long time, they say inappropriate stuff and you have to call them on it, but Lisa breaking the glass was a bit much.  I wonder if Kim called her sponsor after all that mess and the sponsor told her to apologize.  

I think Bravo should take Kim off the show, because either she's not sober and needs help, or she is sober and needs mental help.  At any rate, the woman needs help and she's not going to get it from a reality show.

• Love 19

Ugh, call me naive, but I really don't want to think about HH cheating. I love him and I really like the two of them together. Seems like they've made a nice life for themselves and their daughters. Harry's been doing some of his best work in recent years too -- Shameless, Mad Men, and I'm forgetting what else. If he is, I don't need to know about it. 

Yes, but Harry is hardly an 'A' list celebrity and most people don't care about cheating, drug abuse or whatever in celebrities' lives.  We all read this stuff, laugh/sigh, and turn away.  The days when cheating, homosexuality, drug abuse, etc., affect the box office are long over.

To wit, Justin Bieber.  There is no shame with his behavior or pretty much any other's behavior.  These are personal issues that should be handled out of the spotlight.  It is hypocritical of Kim or anyone else to reveal this information and just makes Kim an even less likable or rootable individual.

With any bit of luck, this will be the last we see of Kim.  She needs more help than Brandi or any other non-professional can give her.  Until Kim acknowledges her problem(s) and decides she wants to change, she will continue down the road she is on.  Kyle has to watch the oncoming trainwreck, as she has most of her adult life, possibly to the premature end of Kim's life.  None of this is fun to watch.

• Love 2

Pretty sure that's a no, and a no. I think Kyle even mentioned that Kim wouldn't look at her. 

When looking at the Amsterdam pics on Bravo (worth a look) they all look so happy.  Happier, prettier and more relaxed than I've seen any of them in a long time,  Kim included.  In the preview the bike ride looked so amazing and fun.  Got me thinking about getting my own bike ready for spring.  It all just looks so perfect and impossible considering the physicality of that fight.

• Love 4

Full disclosure here, I've been sober almost 28 years, I've seen a lot of people get sober, go out, come back, etc.  Saying that, I really am not sure about Kim, whether she's sober or not.  Kim drank and took drugs for years, that could have done serious damage to her brain; also she could have been using the alcohol to self medicate, so when she stopped she went coo coo bananas, I've seen that a lot.  Kim was acting strange and I have a feeling it wasn't because of one pain pill.  But who knows?  Her sobriety is her business.

My issue with Lisa is that Kim's sobriety is her business and she really had no right to keep questioning Kim about it, in the guise that she just cared about her.  Someone in recovery would not have done that, question Kim's sobriety in front of others and the camera; that's why Kim went batshit crazy, she didn't like Lisa asking her on camera, about her recovery and for some reason it bothered me too; if Kim isn't really sober, that is not Lisa's business.

Even putting aside that Lisa didn't bring up the subject of Kim's sobriety at the dinner (she got emotional talking about her own family's struggle with drugs and alcohol), it's not like Lisa brought the subject up other times with the other ladies randomly, but rather because Kim fell off the wagon - in front of her and in front of all of them. And the problem is obviously recurrent and serious enough to be a concern. So my honest question is this - what is a friend/co-worker supposed to do in this situation? Ignore it? Even if the drunken or "ornery" behavior is getting thrown your way?

• Love 5

Even putting aside that Lisa didn't bring up the subject of Kim's sobriety at the dinner (she got emotional talking about her own family's struggle with drugs and alcohol), it's not like Lisa brought the subject up other times with the other ladies randomly, but rather because Kim fell off the wagon - in front of her and in front of all of them. And the problem is obviously recurrent and serious enough to be a concern. So my honest question is this - what is a friend/co-worker supposed to do in this situation? Ignore it? Even if the drunken or "ornery" behavior is getting thrown your way?

Good question.  Here's the thing.  Someone else's sobriety is their business, even if it affects you (that's why there's Al-Anon).  The truth is you can't force someone to get sober, you can't force someone into rehab; you can do an intervention and Lisa sort of did that, but once you do that and nothing happens, that's all you can do.  That's what happens in real life.  

However, when you do an intervention, the addict has to know there will be consequences.  In the case of this show, since they have to work together,  I think all of them, including Kyle,  should go to the producers and tell them they refuse to film with Kim.  Brandi is the only one who wouldn't do that because Kim makes her look good.  Yolanda would probably do it if it were explained to her.  

• Love 12

I think Brandi's outburst was partially annoyance at Kyle acting like shs'd never smoked but moreso how her and Lisa were laughing and joking the whole time. It must suck to be stuck with the junkie and see your ex fab friend being friends with someone you thought you'd destroyed. I could see the jealousy in her swollen face.

Also side note I've smoked pot maybe 5 times my whole life, last year when we went to amsterdam I was giddy about trying it there. I can understand the women maybe excited to do it in Amsterdam, somaybe I'm immature but I was laughing at that whole scene. I really doubt Kyle lights up all the time anyway.

Brandi has looked horrible this trip.

• Love 15

Brandy was embarrassed that these grown women were acting like 12 year old girls

It takes THIS to embarrass Brandi?  How about when she is drunk and her tampon string is dangling, or so drunk that she has to be carried out of a restaurant/bar/club? 

Although I agree that LisaR was out of line for glassgate, she had more of a reason to go off the rails than Brandi, who threw wine in Eileen's face for no reason at all.  And from the previews, it looks like she does something else that's a totally WTF moment.

• Love 8

Good question.  Here's the thing.  Someone else's sobriety is their business, even if it affects you (that's why there's Al-Anon).  The truth is you can't force someone to get sober, you can't force someone into rehab; you can do an intervention and Lisa sort of did that, but once you do that and nothing happens, that's all you can do.  That's what happens in real life.  

However, when you do an intervention, the addict has to know there will be consequences.  In the case of this show, since they have to work together,  I think all of them, including Kyle,  should go to the producers and tell them they refuse to film with Kim.  Brandi is the only one who wouldn't do that because Kim makes her look good.  Yolanda would probably do it if it were explained to her.

I'm so glad you wrote the 2nd paragraph, because after the first, I was thinking - yes, you're 100% right, but this is a reality show! And then you offered the perfect solution in graph #2! I agree with you. Sadly, I don't think they'll do it, though. . They seem to take a don't-look, it's-not-our-problem attitude, and Kyle's psyche and family dynamics have her so screwed up re: Kim. But I hope I'm wrong.

• Love 4

So basically all of the women admitted to having smoked at least once, right? Interesting. I totally think Eileen and Vince have a stash at home! I laughed out loud when LisaR talked about how she never passes up a piece of cake. Given Kim's stupid bread comment I was glad to have that little comment included.

I think Yolanda's brother is kind of hot.

Brandi should have been forced to stay in and babysit Kim. They were having a fun time and of course Brandi had to fuck it all up. 

• Love 7

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but why do we think that Lisar hasn't outed Brandi as the source for her amped up concern regarding Kim and her issues? When Kim came to her room and made it clear that none of this was her business, I expected for Lisar to fill her in on the fact that Brandi had made Kim's whole situation sound very dire. That Brandi was saying things like "it's worse than anyone knows" and shit like that. Or that it was Brandi who recommended that Lisar talk with Kyle and the others to stage an intervention? Lisar is aware that Brandi didn't keep the conversation private and told Kim that Lisar was asking questions, so why not talk about that conversation? I'm sure it will be a major point of contention at the reunion.

• Love 5
(edited)

I have read many posts here saying "I don't condone what Lisar did, but I understand it". Hmmm. Isn't "understanding it" same as approving, forgiving, regarding  it as acceptable, in other words, condoning it?

It does not mean the same thing to me.  Lisa got viscerally upset and she needed to let go of that energy.  This has happened to me so I understand how angry Lisa was.  However, she should have excused herself and walked a way instead of breaking the glass.  No one was hurt and she did not mean for the glass to hit anyone.  I think context and intent come in to play as well.  Lisa has not been aggressive toward anyone so I think she gets a pass for a one-time incident.  If it turns out that she flies into rages regularly, then I will probably change my mind about her.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 14

Here's a thumbnail sketch of bosawks toking it up:  prolonged inhale, bone jarring cough and exhale, three or four slow blinks and then this pearl of wisdom "Hey, anyone want to get a pizza".

I AM fascinating when high........

• Love 12

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but why do we think that Lisar hasn't outed Brandi as the source for her amped up concern regarding Kim and her issues? When Kim came to her room and made it clear that none of this was her business, I expected for Lisar to fill her in on the fact that Brandi had made Kim's whole situation sound very dire. That Brandi was saying things like "it's worse than anyone knows" and shit like that. Or that it was Brandi who recommended that Lisar talk with Kyle and the others to stage an intervention? Lisar is aware that Brandi didn't keep the conversation private and told Kim that Lisar was asking questions, so why not talk about that conversation? I'm sure it will be a major point of contention at the reunion.

During the heated exchange at the dinner, I noticed LisaR at one point asking: "who told you that?" or "no, I haven't" when Kim accused her of talking about her sobriety behind her back. So I think the conversation was heading in that direction (outing Brandi), but then some outburst veered the talk in a different direction. But I think you're right - it will likely be discussed at the reunion. Plus, hasn't there been rumors that Kim is "mad" at Brandi or currently not on speaking terms with her after she saw the latest episodes?

• Love 7

No. She went to Lisa's room to receive an apology, not offer one.

She's a sly one, that Kim. Not only did she manipulate Lisa into feeling sorry for her and apologizing for the audacity to talk about her own sister's o.d., but she (Kim) has seemingly tricked people into thinking that she was the one that apologized!

LOL!!

Oh, gosh! I thought Kim apologized, too! I know LisaR did, but I thought Kim slipped in a "I'm sorry, too." See what she did there? This is what I meant about Kim choosing to hate Eileen. Eileen would never be manipulated into an apology. Makes me hate Kim even more.

• Love 3

Kim saying that LisaR was spreading lies about her is a lie in itself.   LisaR just expressed concern. She didn't spread any lies.  Kim admitted herself that she took one of Monty's pain pills.  Normal people don't do that.  Especially a pain pill so strong it's prescribed to a dying cancer patient.   It's also against the law to take other people's meds.  That's a RELAPSE Kim whether you admit it or not.  Then at the dinner table she says she took the pill, it didn't agree with her (hahaha...what a joke), and because of that she was admitted into the hospital for 5 days.  Uh....I thought you said earlier you were in the hospital for bronchitis and a cracked rib.  Nevermind that she keeps changing how many days she was in the hospital but she can't even keep her story straight as to WHY she was in the hospital. And if you take someone else's pain meds and get admitted in the hospital for 5 days that is some serious business right there.  Yes....you absolutely relapsed.

Besides that, LisaR does annoy me, lol.  She's talks too much and she's way too hyper!  But Kim is still a lying, mean, nasty asshole no matter what!

• Love 12

I think Brandi's outburst was partially annoyance at Kyle acting like shs'd never smoked but moreso how her and Lisa were laughing and joking the whole time. It must suck to be stuck with the junkie and see your ex fab friend being friends with someone you thought you'd destroyed. I could see the jealousy in her swollen face.

Also side note I've smoked pot maybe 5 times my whole life, last year when we went to amsterdam I was giddy about trying it there. I can understand the women maybe excited to do it in Amsterdam, somaybe I'm immature but I was laughing at that whole scene. I really doubt Kyle lights up all the time anyway.

Brandi has looked horrible this trip.

She as good as said that she feels left out. At Yo's Mom's, she and Kim huddled together on a loveseat while the others laughed together. She had no bestie at the pot bar. So, everybody having a placebo high from one bite of cake that she refused was too much for her. There she was, towering, yet small; loud, but not really heard; they've moved on, Brandi. You should too.

Courtesy is all you'll receive. Only poor dimwitted Kyle took up trying to answer your rants with sense. Soon even she will turn away and you'll have only the cobblestones to berate.

• Love 7

Kim has once again lost touch with reality. Yolanda asks everyone to share something personal to become closer with each other, and begins by talking about Bella's DUI. Then LisaV says you can't control your children no matter how hard you try. They notice LisaR crying and ask her about it and she says it's very emotional for her because of her tragic experience with her sister's death. In Kim's world "You started on me again." But all Lisa said to Kim was "if I ever come across too strong on it, it's because of my fear of it, for my children and for others. I'm sorry if I've ever gotten into your business."  How does that idiot turn a heartfelt story and sincere apology into, "She started into me again?" What a freaking loon.

Not to be outdone, her bestie, Brandi, decides that Kyle's discretion towards what her kids will see and hear is simply "hypocrisy." No, idiot, it is discretion. A word and behavior you need to learn because the rest of the world is sick of seeing your drunken rear, literally and figuratively, spread out everywhere, and you should stop to think for at least one tiny second how your kids are going to feel when they are old enough to hear and understand about your completely irresponsible behavior.

I want to take these two and knock their heads together as they used to say, "To knock some sense into you." Won't work, of course, but it seems like nothing ever will. How exasperating are these two clowns?

Well, at least we heard an actual apology from Kim to LisaR. It's good of Lisa to forgive her, but, well,I wouldn't be so quick to forgive.

This is perfection. (Except just the end, and others have already addressed Kim's non-apology.)

• Love 4

Kim is a vile loony little hobbit who cannot stand for anyone to be happy or take responsibility for anything.  I want to punch her in the cooch.

And if she's even remotely sober or has been for 3 years, I'm the fucking Queen of England.

Every one of these ladies needs to cut her off, and that includes Kyle.  There is nothing redeemable about her and there is zero reward in having any type of relationship with her. 

For the record, I'm sure her kids know darn well she's a hot mess, regardless of what anyone says. 

• Love 14

Ugh, call me naive, but I really don't want to think about HH cheating. I love him and I really like the two of them together. Seems like they've made a nice life for themselves and their daughters. Harry's been doing some of his best work in recent years too -- Shameless, Mad Men, and I'm forgetting what else. If he is, I don't need to know about it.

Nor do I (need to know about it).  They seem happy, that's enough for me.  What happens in their private life, whatever obstacles they've overcome, should not be fodder for a reality tv show.  They're still together, good for them.

• Love 7
(edited)

Did Kim actually say I'm sorry or apologize to Lisar in the hotel room the next AM? I hv to rewatch but I don't think she did.

No but she said she forgave her. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

From Lisa Rinna's Twitter just a couple of minutes ago:

Maybe someone will give her a heads up that Kim has apparently been out of the Twittersphere for over a week now.  

See this is why I don't think that Lisa R was bringing up her sister's death only to join in Yolanda's Sharing Time.  Lisa R is an old pro at getting any job. She knows what it takes to stay on the RHBH. She needs screen time. She wasn't talking about her sister's death primarily to share her past. She was talking about it to poke Kim. IMO all her talk of "concern" is secondary to having a storyline.  Just MO.  This tweet is just not becoming.  Making light of the nonsense that went down.  She acted like a prison-yard thug, poked a mentally ill addict (IMO) and is now poking her again.  Lisa R find the fucking high road.  But she is a great addition to the cast of the show.  Pot-stirrer extraordinaire.  Get ready for a bad edit.  I say she gets one more season before the producers go after her.  

Sure Kim was out of line.  Made for a great reality show moment. 

I think Brandi freaked out because Lisa R went apeshit and threw wine, tried to choke someone and smashed a glass and was the darling of the day.  She didn't get called an alcoholic or a shit stirrer or called to task for throwing wine.  I think that was the underlying resentment for the hypocrite comment.  Then to have Kyle all giggly and innocent about pot/hash just put Brandi over the edge and she got nasty again.

Yo pulled it back together.  She told Kim she behaved poorly right away.  Brandi was  silent except for the glass throwing/throat grabbing comments.  The other group in Kyle's room really went after Kim, but also Brandi who just sat there at dinner.  Eileen especially.  Eileen and her crocodile tears.  The soap actress has come to play.  Her breathy, "Did you call me a beast!?!"  Now her tears.  And she's all geared up to confront Kim and ruin what's left of the trip despite seeing what just happened. Maybe she's worth $750K.

Oh Kyle, Lisa V defended you again - 2x - once at the dinner table and again in the bus.  She has your back!  You better get ready to have hers!

• Love 10

A woman throws a glass at me?  She better damn well be the one to try to apologize to me, not the other way around.  I feel like we are in some alternate universe where physical violence is better than words.  What?

Kim deserved it. She deserves worse. I agree it was a bad move but only because someone besides her or Brandi might have been hurt.

Kim is a vile, delusional bitch. I loved how she kept ranting about how one woman, Lisa R in her drugged up brain, is spreading the story that she isn't sober. You got it half right, idiot. It's one woman spreading the story. YOU. You are on TV, you stupid cow. We have all seen it. We all know it. Oh and BTW, you may not want to lose that excuse because if you aren't using, you are every bit as pathetic as your skank friend Brandi, and we all know she's abusing alcohol at the very least.

Loved how the druggie mentioned what she'd learned "in treatment off and on". Not being an addict myself, I can't say for sure, but I don't think treatment works when it's off and on. Kim would be living proof.

I have never been a Kyle fan, but I hope she is really getting over her idiot sister. Leave the stupid bitch to her skank friend Brandi. Let them get high, drunk, whatever, and hopefully they will take all their severe anger issues out on each other. 

I just hope they do it outside of this show. I have already stopped watching New Jersey and Atlanta, I really don't want to give up Beverly Hills because there are actually women on there I still like, which is becoming a novelty in this franchise. But, they need to lose these two losers . 

I officially could not care less what happens to Kim. I just don't want to watch her or Brandi. Crazy, evil and stupid is just not entertaining. Add substance abuse and it gets even more offensive.

• Love 15

When Kim went off about her kids not forgiving her if she failed to maintain her sobriety I began to wonder was Kim's 5,7,9 day hospital stay was in fact a detox event. Amazing Kim's children are allowed to throw out the "will not enable card" but Kyle can't. I think Kim began reaching for reasons she was such a vicious bitch and no one ever won a defense of others homicide case claiming they didn't want unfounded rumors to reach their children's (especially adult) ears.  Far more disturbing would be Kim's documented behavior and words over the past five years.  No one is trying to hurt Kim's children other than Brandi and Kim.

Kim really showed off her manipulation skills when she brought up her kids.  She started off with her real concern that her kids have probably discussed her sobriety and their united plan to disengage if she can't maintain it.  I'm sure her kids suffered a lot of emotional distress growing up with an addict and they probably said enough is enough when they became adults.  She should have kept the conversation on this path - "I'm so worried if my kids hear or see any reference to falling off the wagon, I'll lose them.  That would kill me and I need you to stop talking about this in public."  But no.  Instead she twisted Lisa's concern/on going discussions of addiction into Lisa R going after Kim's kids directly.  Lisa never said one word about any of Kim's children, but the way Kim flipped it Lisa "went after" them. Nope.  Did not happen. KIM, however DID make direct personal attacks on Lisa R & Eileen.

If Kim is truly sober (and I have my doubts), then her sober brain is damaged and she has mental illness issues.  Whether it's physiological side effects from substance abuse or psychological damage inflicted by her Godzilla of a stage mom, Kim Richards is not OK mentally.  Remember when Lisa R asked everyone "Why is everyone afraid of Kim Richards?" Well, I think Lisa R found out the answer.  Kim is bat shit crazy and she is vicious. Someone in an earlier post said maybe all the pills and alcohol quieted down Kim's rage. So in "non sober" seasons she came off as a turtle loving, over sleeping, plane missing, free spirit ditz. Now that she's sober (again, doubts), her real personality has come exploding to the surface.  I used to worry about the damage Brandi could cause Kim with their 'friendship'.  Now that Kim the "Supposedly Sober" Kracken has been released, Brandi may be the one needing to seek shelter from her wrath.

Not to say Brandi wouldn't deserve a lot of comeuppance.  She is a vile, jealous petty person.  Her "truth bombs" are aimed to cause maximum damage or embarrassment and certainly do not come from a place of honesty or full disclosure.  She's insecure and so out of place in this group.  I don't mean just financially or "class" wise either.. She attacks from a place of fear and discontent with her own situation.  I'm sick of her plastic face trying to squeeze out a facsimile of a smile as she proclaims how "happy" she is with her life. She'd trade her kids to Leeanne & Eddie in a New York minute for a life like ANY of the women on this show.

Kyle is no saint and has done her share of shady things.  However, she needs to quit enabling Kim and cut ties until she (Kyle) gets professional help on dealing with Kim. Kyle is to blame for how Kim treats Kyle IMO. Kyle can't play martyr or punching bag or emotional/financial supporter forever. She needs to learn how to stop running away from uncomfortable situations or curling up in the fetal position when Kim starts up. Put an end to it by withdrawing support of all kinds.  If Kim thinks her big sister is a better supporter of her BS, then go hang at the Hilton's house. See how long Kathy tolerates the bullshit.

Lisa R was wrong to keep poking the issue with Kim.  I kind of get where she was coming from, but if your message isn't being heard after X many attempts, the person is not receptive and probably never will be.  Choosing to seek help has to come from the individual, not by force of  a committee. Lisa was also completely wrong breaking the glass and lunging for Kim.  No excuse for losing your shit or reacting violently like that anywhere, any time.  Unfortunately for her, that one moment of complete freak out has given power to Kim and Brandi to hold over her head forever (even though Brandi tossed wine at Eileen & has said/done other passive- and not-so-passive aggressive shit herself).

I can only hope this episode has finally shown Yolanda what she's dealing with re. Kim & Brandi.  I highly doubt King David will want to keep socializing with those two, at least publicly or in his own home.  They have shown themselves to be disrespectful guests on a few occasions. Brandi is a shit-stirrer and will sell Yo out if the price is right.

• Love 7

Someone remind me why this junkie bitch Kim is on the show?  What exactly does she bring to it?  If she's asked to return next year, I'm done.  She's been a vicious drunk/pill popper since the damn show began and I'm done watching it.  She never apologized to Eileen or Kyle.  What a fucking cunt.

Brandi needs to go as well.  Why do the other women film with her?  You can tell even Yolanda is tired of her, just based on her tone when she speaks to her.  Just freeze Kim and Brandi out and be done with it.

THANK YOU! Because just hitting the thank you is not enough.

• Love 9

I just can't figure Brandi out.  She seems to want to create drama every time things are going well and people are enjoying themselves.  First, sitting at a table where people are having a normal conversation and deciding to throw wine in someone's face for no reason at all.  Then, watching the others having fun at the pot place and deciding its a good time to out Kyle regarding pot smoking.  And last, again watching the others laughing and enjoying the walk back to the hotel and feeling the need to lash out about everyone saying things about her but her not being able to say anything......where did that come from?  And in the next episode she gets physical by slapping someone's face.  Added to her behavior off screen, she has to be stupid not to realize why none of these people want to be friends with her.  

• Love 9
(edited)
If Kim is truly sober (and I have my doubts), then her sober brain is damaged and she has mental illness issues.  Whether it's physiological side effects from substance abuse or psychological damage inflicted by her Godzilla of a stage mom, Kim Richards is not OK mentally.  Remember when Lisa R asked everyone "Why is everyone afraid of Kim Richards?" Well, I think Lisa R found out the answer.  Kim is bat shit crazy and she is vicious. Someone in an earlier post said maybe all the pills and alcohol quieted down Kim's rage. So in "non sober" seasons she came off as a turtle loving, over sleeping, plane missing, free spirit ditz. Now that she's sober (again, doubts), her real personality has come exploding to the surface.  I used to worry about the damage Brandi could cause Kim with their 'friendship'.  Now that Kim the "Supposedly Sober" Kracken has been released, Brandi may be the one needing to seek shelter from her wrath.

I agree with this.  I think something is seriously wrong with Kim, but here's the thing.  One of the reasons people don't get sober is because of the shame.  They know they fucked up, they really do but what they do about it is keep using, then the family gets pissed, then the addict feels ashamed and keeps using, and it becomes a vicious cycle.  That's why families of addicts need treatment themselves, to teach them how to detach from the addict and not get caught up in their bullshit.  I think that's what Kyle should do, but then again, Kyle might be addicted to Kim's craziness.  Maybe Kyle feels she'd be a hole in the doughnut if Kim were sober and sane.

I don't like to use the words, "junkie bitch" because saying that really doesn't help anybody.

As for Brandi, she's addicted to the drama and craziness.  If she didn't start trouble, who would she be?  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 16

Kim is going to make sure that no one talks about alcoholism, drugs or anything associated with those taboo subjects ever again. Yolonda started a conversation about sharing something personal, and it just so happened that she, Lisa R and Eileen all had similar stories. That set Kim off. And it shouldn't have, if she's truly sober and in some type of counseling.

Let's say you have a bad habit of picking your nose. You know you shouldn't, but you do it anyway. Any chance you get. Hiding in corners, or in the bathroom stall. Then a bunch of people start talking about family members who pick their nose and how bad that is. You feel defensive, you get your hackles up and you blow snot all over everyone at the party, claiming "I don't pick my nose!!! See???"

This is why Kim goes nutso anytime the subject comes up. She is in deep, deep denial. In my own personal opinion.

Yes! yes and yes! Kim brought it to such a riduclous level that no one will ever speak of it again. Mission accomplished. It's emotional black mail to keep everyone quiet and it worked. That why she hates Lisa R and Elieen so much, they dared to speak the truth and didn't buy into her "pain pill that didn't agree with me" excuse. No one believes it but they are all too afraid to say it out loud. That is the level she will take it too to continue to hide her addiction. That is how powerful addiction is. And like someone posted yesterday Kim is delusional enough to beleive that if her cast mates wouldn't talk about it we all wouldn't notice. How crazy is that? I'm sure her kids are on the verge of walking out, maybe that is what it will take because every bottom she has hit doesn't seem to be enough.

As far as Brandi goes , strip away all of the Beverly hills bs and she is just not a decent person. If she were living in flyover state usa she would be the PTA mom making everyone's life miserable. She just got lucky enough to live in a place where she could earn money for doing it.

• Love 16

I fist pumped and cheered when Lisa threw the wine at Kim. Kim and the Vacant Parasite deserved exactly what they got. They begged for it. They deserved worse.

Someone should smack Vacant Parasite across the mouth. Hard. I can't believe she slaps Lisa V. next week. Oh man, how much hell I hope there is to pay from that one.

Kim is a junkie bitch whose shit is all over TV. Eileen was right - she's pure evil. I'm elated that someone finally called her on her abuse to Kyle. She owes Kyle and Eileen HUGE apologies.

Also, watching Vacant Parasite's sad act is thrilling and well deserved. No Kim to spout your venom and distract from your crap? No one paying attention to you? Start a fight with Kyle! Call everyone hypocrites! Out someone's (most likely recreational) use of a drug that's now legal many places on TV! 

Vacant Parasite has been planting these seeds of distrust and mayhem for months now. And so they've detonated. Make no mistake, the key players might be Lisa R. and Kim, but this is VP's show. She orchestrated it and is now sulking for attention. I loved the pow-wow where they waxed philosophical about how wonderful it was for those to addicts to find each other. Like I said weeks ago, a match made in Hades.

And because it can't be said enough, no one is more hypocritical than VP and Kim. Kim wants Kyle to defend her?! Hey love, where was that sisterly defense as VP assaulted your sister and said vile things to her about your relationship? You never spoke up and said she was there for you while VP shouted otherwise. You sat silent as VP told your sister her own husband didn't want her. You've allowed VP to treat your sister horribly. Why the fuck should she stand up for you now? How does it feel?

Oh and yeah, I'm 150% Team Eileen. I loved how she calmly called Kim out and just left it there. She's so right, the behavior is disgusting and shouldn't be excused. Just because class and dignity are rarities on this franchise does it make it something to look down upon. Keep Eileen, the Lisas, Kyle, and Yo. Dump the trash. Bring back Joyce! 

• Love 17