Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Amster-Damn

• Start Topic

So, here's my rant.  It's a rant because numerous posters have said this all already.  Bare with me or ignore.

Watching Brandi at the cafe:  Buzz kill.  Eileen said the same thing in her blog.  I'm liking her.

Everyone talks about Brandi....according to Brandi.  Note to Brandi:  There's a difference between what you do in public and on camera and what you do in private.  She's too immature to get that.

The only one that is embarrassing Kim is Kim.  Lisa R is only talking about behavior that is on screen as seen by the public.  And if Kim doesn't want to face that fact, and she doesn't, she needs help.  Well, we all know that.  No, it wasn't ok for Lisa to throw the wine glass but I can forgive her because Kim's behavior was so much worse.  And, I get why Lisa apologized to keep peace.  I wouldn't have been able to do that.

I don't know why Kim is the way she is or that she became an alcoholic and a probably drug addict.  There are a 1001 reasons.  We don't know.  Addicts come from every background.  I don't think anyone is in a position to blame her mother, her childhood stardom or whatever.  There are many great parents with kids that screw up.  There are many good siblings that get blamed by their addicted siblings as well.  Kim is an adult. She is responsible for her behavior.  Not Kyle.  And it was nice to see Lisa P defend Kyle to Kim.

I really liked seeing Amsterdam.  Funny, I thought Yolanda grew up in a house in the country.  I don't why.  Her mom seemed very nice.  And yes, Gigi looks a lot like her. 

• Love 13

Well, the previews for next week look amazing as well.

And it looks like we are indeed going to see Brandi slapping Lisa.  

I'm glad whatever this bullshit about Harry is will be brought to the forefront at the reunion.

Certainly not to give Kim any satisfaction but just so it will stop all of the public speculation about what it could be.  

• Love 6

Kyle called in to WWHL. She said the dope on HH is revealed during the reunion.

Not really. She didn't say any "secret" would be "revealed." She said it would be addressed again at the reunion, and more shit goes down. It was similar to the Access Hollywood interview where she was asked to spill, and she said she couldn't because you have to "watch what happens." It's the game they play to promote the show.

Frankly, LisaR is taking advantage of it, too. She's been hash-tagging #WhatdidHarrydo? (and other jokes and references) all day. I don't think she'd make jokes about it if there was any kind of secret spilled. Just my guess, but I think LisaR goes after Kim hard at the reunion for implying "trouble at home." I bet that's the shit that goes down.

• Love 12

Something hit me, why was Kim in her convo with Lisa R and her confessionals kept bringing her up kids so much?  I wonder has her children finally have had enough of her addiction.  Or she was using that to pull at Lisa's heartstrings her typical manipulative way.

• Love 4

At the dinner, Kim didn't get "all Kim-like" until Lisa R told her drugs/alcohol story and looked at Kim and apologized for trying to help her.  

That bitch!

Heh, I never knew that apologies were so incendiary.  Only with these women, man.

"I'm sorry."

"What did you just say to me, bitch?!"  "Them's fightin words."     

You are killing it tonight.

• Love 12

It 'twas a bitch move.  Many of these HWs think they are sly and hate getting called out on it.   The only one who got away with it that night was Brandi.  She was the slickest slick.

• Love 2

It's on again now* and as soon as Kim brings up Harry, Eileen says, "Shame on you" and keeps on in the background. Part of it may have been standing up for Lisa R. in general, but I think Eileen knew what Kim was referencing.

Others have mentioned the closed-captioning for Kyle, there are also captions for Kim's "jabbering mockingly" when imitating Eileen. I love it when the captions talk smack.

*I have no life.

ETA: You'll love Rotterdam, panthergirl.

Hey now...since when is dissecting pop culture indicative of one having no life?  This is our culture!  What else are we supposed to do with it?

All I can really say about this episode:

• I was thrilled that Bravo had this happen at the beginning of an episode and not in the last five minutes.  
  • I kind of agreed with Brandi about Kyle.  I also agreed with Kyle.  I think Brandi has a different perception of what "reality" television is and where boundaries should be (she seems to think there are none), and I'm not sure this is the show for her (maybe VH-1?).  And, one day, I'm hopeful she'll have a secret for someone to spill because I don't think she quite gets it.
  • Also on the Brandi tip, I appreciated the irony of her telling others they don't know when to stop.  Since, y'know, the cease and desist letter that sort-of-was.
  • I love Eileen, because I don't get how something that big gets swept away in a matter of minutes either.

Overall, I think this was better than the Atlanta dinner brawl last night- much more commitment from the participants here.  But, it wasn't really on par with the infamous table flip, or even NYC's leg.  They'll have to try again.

• Love 8

These women are ridiculous with their prudishness about weed. It it legal there, and they are adults. Do they hide their drinking from their kids? No! I don't smoke it but the weird way they are acting about it just bugs me.

I don't blame Kyle for not partaking because of her kids.  Teenagers take things they see their parents do and use it against them every chance they get.  I know from experience.  My sister laughingly (to my dismay) told my kids about a time when I was a teenager and got stoned and acted crazy at a party.  Ever since that time they would throw it in my face whenever I had to get after them for underaged drinking or pot smoking.  They felt they had a right to do it since I did it.  They never let me live it down either.  It doesn't matter that it was legal in Amsterdam.  If they see you doing it they think it gives them a pass to experiment also.

• Love 24
(edited)

I wonder if (little) Kathy has replaced (big) Kathy in Kim's eyes.   Kathy might "back her up" but I doubt she puts up with any shit either.  I mean look at how she was at the bridal shop.  If Kyle had been like that, I'm sure Kim would have blown a gasket. I'm also sure she does whatever it takes to make the problem "go away" instead of talking it out like Kyle tries to do.

Kyle seems like the "sensitive" one in the family and after watching Kim mock her, I'm betting that Kyle was mocked a lot as a child or teen for not being "strong" like the Kathys.  That's a horrible place to be in, where because you're a generally sensitive, emotional person, you are deemed weak or a baby by your family, who'd rather hide their feelings with drink, dugs, fame, men, etc.  Kyle seems so stuck in childhood, I actually do feel bad for her.  Sometimes she's all feelings and not enough logic. 

When they were on the bus heading back and everyone was crying, LVP said outright, "I know how she (Kyle) feels.  She been going through this all her life. She feels responsible for Kim, if she doesn't defend Kim, shes a bad person to the rest of the family." Something to effect.  And how Kim said that blow the belt comment Kim made it seem like Kyle couldn't even shine Kathy's shoes right.  It was sad.

I don't blame Kyle for not partaking because of her kids.  Teenagers take things they see their parents do and use it against them every chance they get.  I know from experience.  My sister laughingly (to my dismay) told my kids about a time when I was a teenager and got stoned and acted crazy at a party.  Ever since that time they would throw it in my face whenever I had to get after them for underaged drinking or pot smoking.  They felt they had a right to do it since I did it.  They never let me live it down either.  It doesn't matter that it was legal in Amsterdam.  If they see you doing it they think it gives them a pass to experiment also.

Brandi was pissed because she knew was gonna parktake in doing hash.  She just didn't want Kyle to come off as the "good parent" plus she didn't succumb to Brandi's peer pressure.  It just riled up Brandi, which was great.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 13

I suppose throw drinks and break glasses?   In RHoNJ, no one wanted to film with Danielle anymore and she was gone.   It's not impossible to not sink to others behavior.

At the dinner, Kim didn't get "all Kim-like" until Lisa R told her drugs/alcohol story and looked at Kim and apologized for trying to help her.  Poke poke poke.

Danielle quit, she was not fired. Andy even admitted to it when he had her on WWHL last year. The HWs can impact another HW's bad behavior by not feeding into it but it could cost them their job not just the 1 they are trying to ice out. Kim, with help from BF Brandi, made her addictions THE storyline this season, not the other HWs.  And, NO, no one needs to get to that point that they throw wine/water on someone, throw down and break a glass on a dinner table or try and grab someone's face but no one should have ever been driven to that point either.

• Love 6

From Lisa Rinna's Twitter just a couple of minutes ago:

lisa rinna @lisarinna  ·  19m 19 minutes ago
Hey guys ask @KimRichards11 #WhatDidHarryDo
0 replies 10 retweets 19 favorites
Reply  Retweet10  Favorite19
More

Maybe someone will give her a heads up that Kim has apparently been out of the Twittersphere for over a week now.  

• Love 3

That bitch!

You are killing it tonight.

Hope you’re not being sincere with that.  It just really pisses me off when people are typing about me behind my computer screen.  My posts are none of your business!

I think I’ve cycled right on passed feeling irritated about Kim to a yummy space-cake delirium.  Thanks, Kyle. 

BlackMamba, I agree, it's sad.  Kyle is the scapegoat (as someone upthread mentioned) in that family.  And she still takes it, which is the saddest part. 

• Love 18

Danielle quit, she was not fired. Andy even admitted to it when he had her on WWHL last year. The HWs can impact another HW's bad behavior by not feeding into it but it could cost them their job not just the 1 they are trying to ice out. Kim, with help from BF Brandi, made her addictions THE storyline this season, not the other HWs.  And, NO, no one needs to get to that point that they throw wine/water on someone, throw down and break a glass on a dinner table or try and grab someone's face but no one should have ever been driven to that point either.

Danielle was indeed let go, and the "to-do" with Andy on WWHL was over whether or not he said she was fired in a print interview (he said he didn't, Danielle challenged him, blah, blah, blah...). It was just stupid Danielle's pride in action. But more on topic to this episode, it's spot-on advice to tell people to not poke the bear, walk away from the crazy.... But not on Real Housewives. It's a job, after all. They get paid to engage, stir up drama, etc... Just look at what started the whole Restaurant Rumble (TM Rhetorica) -- Yolanda bringing up Bella's DUI! Again! If you think she did that all on her own, I've got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn...

• Love 9

Danielle was indeed let go, and the "to-do" with Andy on WWHL was over whether or not he said she was fired in a print interview (he said he didn't, Danielle challenged him, blah, blah, blah...). It was just stupid Danielle's pride in action. But more on topic to this episode, it's spot-on advice to tell people to not poke the bear, walk away from the crazy.... But not on Real Housewives. It's a job, after all. They get paid to engage, stir up drama, etc... Just look at what started the whole Restaurant Rumble (TM Rhetorica) -- Yolanda bringing up Bella's DUI! Again! If you think she did that all on her own, I've got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn...

Oh, I could have sworn it was about her not being fired but my memory is not always as sharp as I want it to be and tonight is one of those nights! lol Yes, they do get paid to talk to and about each other and I believe that her line producer suggested she talk about Bella/DUI at dinner. There is a good chance that Lisa R's line producer suggested she talk about her deceased sister to help Kim understand where she was coming from. Of course, I think Kim was told by her BF/helper, Brandi, to go let them have it because Kim is such a poor, poor victim. lol

• Love 3

This episode sealed it for me that Brandi is sooooo jealous of Kyle she can't stand it.  I don't know if she's ever had it in for anyone the way she has it in for Kyle except for Adrienne and Joyce.  I think she hated Adrienne for her wealth, Joyce for her beauty and Kyle for both.  She wants to bring down and discredit Kyle every chance she gets.  She wants to break up Kyle's relationship with her own sister in order to punish her for having wealth, beauty and a loving husband and gorgeous kids.  Now she wants to discredit Kyle to her own kids by bringing up the pot smoking.  It's really pathetic how Brandi wants to constantly try to ruin others' happiness for the sake of her own jealousy issues.  What a despicable fucktard she is.

You're so right, and it was on full display tonight. She couldn't have made it more obvious. Next, she'll criticized Kyle for breathing. She really, really needs to work with a therapist to get a handle on her jealousy issues. Apparently, next week she goes after Eileen and calls her a home-wrecker. Another beautiful and successful HW in a happy, loving marriage.

Hope you’re not being sincere with that.  It just really pisses me off when people are typing about me behind my computer screen.  My posts are none of your business!

LOL! Too good!

• Love 11
(edited)

lulu:

Nobody ever knocks all the petty comments everyone makes about Brandi and Kim behind their backs, but because Brandi and Kim are direct in their criticisms, they're crazy and trashy.  Hmmmm.....

Not sure who is "nobody" and who is "everyone". Do you mean the board?

Kathy Hilton is not on the RHOBH.  Kyle and Kim signed up for this;  Kathy did not.

But Kathy has appeared a few times on the show including the bridal dress shopping scene and the recent surprise party for Lisa V. As to why Kathy does not deal with Kim and her issues, that is really hard to know since the few times Kathy has appeared, it had nothing to do with Kim and her drama. Kathy was in her daughter's (Paris) reality show, where she was seen helping Charlie Sheen's ex wife, Brooke, with her relapse including a scene where Brooke showed up in the middle of the night to the Hilton home where Kathy talked to her about rehab.

Brandi's "annoyance" and later her yelling like a banshee in the street, brought back memories of her reaction to Adrienne in Ojai. It was a déjà vu moment for me. How many of these "annoying" moments has Brandi had on the show?

Photos of Lisa and YoFo in Amsterdam coffee shop, La Tertulia, which happened to note on their website that the show filmed at their business:

http://coffeeshoptertulia.com/html/beverlyhills.htm

An October 2014 story, with photos, of the cast returning from Amsterdam:

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/10/07/photos-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-cast-returns-amsterdam-drama-went/

Marijuana smoking is legal in Amsterdam.  So is prostitution.   I agree up above with swankie, I believe, who commented that she agreed with Kyle about her reluctance to ingest any marijuana, especially on camera.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

This episode sealed it for me that Brandi is sooooo jealous of Kyle she can't stand it.  I don't know if she's ever had it in for anyone the way she has it in for Kyle except for Adrienne and Joyce.  I think she hated Adrienne for her wealth, Joyce for her beauty and Kyle for both.  She wants to bring down and discredit Kyle every chance she gets.  She wants to break up Kyle's relationship with her own sister in order to punish her for having wealth, beauty and a loving husband and gorgeous kids.  Now she wants to discredit Kyle to her own kids by bringing up the pot smoking.  It's really pathetic how Brandi wants to constantly try to ruin others' happiness for the sake of her own jealousy issues.  What a despicable fucktard she is.

Don't forget, Brandi wants to punish Kyle because Lisa V forgave Kyle but not her and Kyle chose Lisa V over her. She, Brandi, knows her future on the show lies in being a friend with 1 of them and both are done with her. The next thing we will hear from her is that Lisa V/Kyle are stopping her from making money, money she needs to support her kids. She will use her kids just like Kim did tonight with Lisa R.

• Love 17

I don't get it.

These women are ridiculous with their prudishness about weed. It it legal there, and they are adults. Do they hide their drinking from their kids? No! I don't smoke it but the weird way they are acting about it just bugs me.

Some moms aren't comfortable with telling their children these things.  My cousin was caught off guard when her daughter asked how old she was when she first had sex.  She was so flustered that she named an age that was at least a year after she was married!

• Love 6
(edited)

Fuckin' Americans, dude. The Netherlands did nothing to deserve this spectacle.

We embarrass ourselves everywhere we go don't we?

I agree with you.  Brandi wasn't wrong about that.  It's not something they'll ever face or admit so they brush it off as another Brandism.  

Brandi is the wrong messenger.  You cannot be a walking hypocrite and call others hypocrites....well I guess that is what hypocrites do.

I am going to need Kyle to stop crying and acting out when Kim acts like a fool.  She has seen this shit before and she should be immune to it by now......well mostly.  I get that she just wanted to get the fuck out, but she needs to get a hold of herself.

Lisar restrained herself from going after Kim's throat so I will give her a pass on that action.  She should not have broken the glass, but I absolutely understand.  I wanted to slap the shit out of Kim myself.

I know this is producer driven so they have to continue sitting there, but it would have been fantastic if the other ladies decided to ask for a different table and moved away from Kim and her bogus/tiresome rant.  I do think Lisar was trying to indirectly bring up a discussion about Kim's addiction, but Kim's reaction was uncalled for.  She was rude and abusive.  She also lied.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 9
(edited)

Don't forget, Brandi wants to punish Kyle because Lisa V forgave Kyle but not her and Kyle chose Lisa V over her. She, Brandi, knows her future on the show lies in being a friend with 1 of them and both are done with her. The next thing we will hear from her is that Lisa V/Kyle are stopping her from making money, money she needs to support her kids. She will use her kids just like Kim did tonight with Lisa R.

Yeah, I agree.

I think the Lisa thing has way more to do with Brandi's issues with Kyle than her being "jealous" of Kyle's "beauty" and "wealth." I actually laughed when typing that out. Sure there's jealousy there, but I think it's so silly to say that the jealousy stems from insecurity over Kyle's looks or wealth. Not that Kyle isn't an attractive woman, but let's not pull a Brandi and twist the truth to suit an agenda here.

I think Brandi isn't all that different from the other women in their issues with each other. It all stems from wanting to cement their status on the show (and thus their fame/popularity/access/etc). It's not a beauty contest; she's pissed that Kyle and Lisa (the two anchors of the show) have iced her out, and that more than anything else could determine her longevity on the show.

While I do think Brandi brought a lot of this on herself, I can't say I'm surprised that she'd be rankled that Kyle gets a pass from Lisa that she doesn't. But what did she expect? A truly observant HW would have recognized that pissing off Lisa V. is the surest way for your popularity to plummet. I can't stand Lisa, but if I were a HW, she'd be the last one I'd want to have as an adversary. Kyle was wise to make nice with Lisa, even if I still think those two probably are only doing it for the sake of the show.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, I agree.

I think the Lisa thing has way more to do with Brandi's issues with Kyle than her being "jealous" of Kyle's "beauty" and "wealth." I actually laughed when typing that out. Sure there's jealousy there, but I think it's so silly to say that the jealousy stems from insecurity over Kyle's looks or wealth. Not that Kyle isn't an attractive woman, but let's not pull a Brandi and twist the truth to suit an agenda here.

I think Brandi isn't all that different from the other women in their issues with each other. It all stems from wanting to cement their status on the show (and thus their fame/popularity/access/etc). It's not a beauty contest; she's pissed that Kyle and Lisa (the two anchors of the show) have iced her out, and that more than anything else could determine her longevity on the show.

While I do think Brandi brought a lot of this on herself, I can't say I'm surprised that she'd be rankled that Kyle gets a pass from Lisa that she doesn't. But what did she expect? A truly observant HW would have recognized that pissing off Lisa V. is the surest way for your popularity to plummet. I can't stand Lisa, but if I were a HW, she'd be the last one I'd want to have as an adversary. Kyle was wise to make nice with Lisa, even if I still think those two probably are only doing it for the sake of the show.

I like Lisa V, she is not a saint and I like her despite her flaws. I was once a fan of Brandi's but the lawsuit lies then the attacks on Joyce left a bitter taste in my mouth and made me rethink what I was seeing/hearing. Although Kyle hurt Lisa, she did not betray her like Brandi did and Brandi fails to recognize that there is a difference between hurting someone's feelings and betraying them.

So now this season, Brandi is using Kim to hurt/destroy Kyle as pay back because Lisa will not play that game with her. Kyle is an easy target, especially when it comes to Kim and their sister relationship. Brandi can announce it all she wants, she is not the "friend" she claims she is to Kim and is selling her down the river in an attempt to hurt Kyle out of jealously. Kim is even parroting the "Kathy would have my back" line almost word for word the way Brandi says it. It is despicable that an adult woman would use someone like Brandi is Kim just to hurt her sister/Kyle.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 10

Kim has once again lost touch with reality. Yolanda asks everyone to share something personal to become closer with each other, and begins by talking about Bella's DUI. Then LisaV says you can't control your children no matter how hard you try. They notice LisaR crying and ask her about it and she says it's very emotional for her because of her tragic experience with her sister's death. In Kim's world "You started on me again." But all Lisa said to Kim was "if I ever come across too strong on it, it's because of my fear of it, for my children and for others. I'm sorry if I've ever gotten into your business."  How does that idiot turn a heartfelt story and sincere apology into, "She started into me again?" What a freaking loon.

Not to be outdone, her bestie, Brandi, decides that Kyle's discretion towards what her kids will see and hear is simply "hypocrisy." No, idiot, it is discretion. A word and behavior you need to learn because the rest of the world is sick of seeing your drunken rear, literally and figuratively, spread out everywhere, and you should stop to think for at least one tiny second how your kids are going to feel when they are old enough to hear and understand about your completely irresponsible behavior.

I want to take these two and knock their heads together as they used to say, "To knock some sense into you." Won't work, of course, but it seems like nothing ever will. How exasperating are these two clowns?

Well, at least we heard an actual apology from Kim to LisaR. It's good of Lisa to forgive her, but, well,I wouldn't be so quick to forgive.

• Love 17

I watched the dinner scene earlier tonight and the West Coast rerun just came on and I thought "Oh I'll put Housewives on in the background while I answer emails". Kim is so toxic and so just NASTY in that dinner scene I couldn't take it. The way she just lets loose all this venom on a dime is really scary. And the way she went after Kyle was pure emotional abuse. She hit her where she knew it would hurt the most. If I were any of those women - Eileen, Lisa V, Lisa R - I would rather leave the show than ever be put in any situation where I would have to interact with Kim again. I don't blame Kyle for bolting one bit. That's a rational response when someone is just hurtling poison at you and everyone near you. 

I really felt bad for Kyle tonight and I feel like I understand her in a new way. I have a close family member that can go off like Kim did and hits below the belt in the same way. And my family member is not an addict. She's just a mean, cruel and paranoid person. And so is Kim.

• Love 22

Unless I missed it and just as I predicted in the now locked First Look thread, not one of them said anything to LisaR about throwing a glass that could have seriously hurt one of them.  I'm not sure what I would have done in the same situation but in my book, that wasn't OK.

Yeah, I'm shocked no one pointed that out to her, even after they cooled down. Not only did she throw the wine at Kim, she also smashed it against the table in anger, sending shards everywhere. I recall Ramona on RHONY doing something similar and getting a shitload of criticism for it.

The funniest thing was Brandi's talking head, she claims it's not about her for once so she's not in trouble!  Girlfriend, you master manipulated the whole bs with Kim and Lisa R!  You definitely are busted!

What kills me about Brandi's comment, beside the fact that she's orchestrated this whole 'intervention,' is that she's 100% to blame for her behavior. Sure, she's not in the hot seat now, but when she is, it's absolutely her fault. Stop stirring the shit and maybe people won't be shocked when you occasionally behave yourself.

The season of Intervention .... oops I mean RHOBH, has been less than enthralling. Sure there has been high drama but the fact that it revolves around Kim and her sobriety or lack thereof bothers me.

I am gonna say my peace. I am not as enamored of Lisar or Eileen as many seem to be. I think they are potentially good additions to the show but I just can't with the handling of the KIm situation. If all are so concerned about Kim, they should consult with an addiction specialist or go to Al-Anon and learn how best to deal with a person whom they believe to have fallen off the wagon. All these convos back and forth and attempts to confront at gatherings with a full cast and crew present strike me as insincere. Fuck! This is how the HW handle books that expose a cast member as a hooker or confront them about going to Bass Lake or cheating on their soon to be incarcerated husband with some African named Mr. Chocolate. It should hardly be the same way to confront someone with a true world problem. Lisar for all her purported experience with addiction in her own family and Harry's seems as ill-equipped as everyone else. Kim is nasty and mean but she is also undoubtedly an addict. All this heavy handed fumbling and grand standing isn't helping.

I pretty much cosign on everything you've said. The 'intervention' shtick isn't cute, it's not entertaining, and it's highly uncomfortable. I hear LisaR and Eileen have been asked back and I'm less than thrilled. As far as I'm concerned, they have served as accomplices in the Brandi/Kim show. All they do is press on and on about Kim's sobriety or lack thereof. I don't know their motives, but it comes off as if they're trying to insert themselves in the drama for RHOBH longevity. It's sad that they can't come up with a better way to incorporate themselves in the show, and frankly it makes me sick.

Super unpopular opinion time, but I have someone in my family like Kim who is constantly falling off the wagon. Obviously, I'm not in a position to put her on a reality show and I never would, but geez, if I was in Kyle's position, I'd be the biggest enabler ever. I prefer a sleepy/sleeping drunk to the rage-filled tirades. If only Kim would sleep through the rest of the Amsterdam trip, like she did in Paris, Hawaii, etc.

Also, did anyone notice how much cake was in this episode? Color me shocked that Yolanda didn't go into sugar shock just inhaling the scent.

• Love 3

I felt bad for the windmill people when LisaVP commented to Yolanda to the effect that, had Yo stayed in Holland, she could have had "all this".  That windmill was f'ing cool! 

I also didn't get Kyle's overly perplexed face when LisaVP said Kim wasn't going to the pot shop.  That might have been Kim's wisest decision on the whole trip.

• Love 12

Someone remind me why this junkie bitch Kim is on the show?  What exactly does she bring to it?  If she's asked to return next year, I'm done.  She's been a vicious drunk/pill popper since the damn show began and I'm done watching it.  She never apologized to Eileen or Kyle.  What a fucking cunt.

Brandi needs to go as well.  Why do the other women film with her?  You can tell even Yolanda is tired of her, just based on her tone when she speaks to her.  Just freeze Kim and Brandi out and be done with it.

• Love 18

Was LisaR going for Kim's throat or was it Kim's big mouth she was trying to cover?

I at first thought she went for her throat, but I replayed it a couple of times in slow-mo, and she kind of swiped at her a couple of quick times, as if to slap her, but her hand was near Kim's throat.

• Love 2

I am so sorry for Kyle. The Richards family dysfunction runs so deep and Big Kathy is the cause. Just looking at the Hilton's problems, Paris, Barron, Kim marrying into yhe Davis family, Jason and Brandon Davis hanging with Paris, Barron and Conrad Hilton, Kim's children having mental/ legal issues. Good God. Kyle is the co dependent scapegoat through triangulation, mean girl tactics, the keep family business quiet. They have her trained /groomed to the hilt and know exactly how to shame her and shun her which in turn hurts her because of her children. When it came out about Paris being a raging racist, drug addled mean girl whore that got others hooked shunned ruined lives etc she learned that from Kathy and probably Kim. Thry are all the same person. I will never again believe the sweet innocent Kim Richards. She was mellow when high and we arr seeing the true face now. The pathology runs deep.

Kyle run away from your sisters they are toxic, spiteful, vindictive evil women. They will never want the best got you, your husband or children. They want you to be as miserable and soulless ad they are. What miserable existences.

• Love 5

Was LisaR going for Kim's throat or was it Kim's big mouth she was trying to cover?

I watched that scene closely tonight, I saw first look so I wanted to see it better, and IMO, Lisa tried to grab Kim's face/chin then Kim turned and pulled her face back and Lisa's hand was then at Kim's throat. I do not think she was trying to choke or even grab Kim's throat despite how Kim/Brandi claimed she did. JMO

• Love 8

Well, at least we heard an actual apology from Kim to LisaR. It's good of Lisa to forgive her, but, well,I wouldn't be so quick to forgive.

What? I think you got it mixed up. Kim forced/manipulated LisaR to apologize to her, not the other way around. Remember - Kim is a victim. Always. In her warped mind, she doesn't give apologies, she is owed them.

• Love 18

What? I think you got it mixed up. Kim forced/manipulated LisaR to apologize to her, not the other way around. Remember - Kim is a victim. Always. In her warped mind, she doesn't give apologies, she is owed them.

Yes, Kim does not apologize.  Ever.

She is very good at acting outraged and defensive.  She is often ungracious and rude.  She's great at lying, deflecting, and she does all kinds of other things.  But apologizing is definitely not one of them.

Eileen was absolutely right when she said that Kim's relationship with Kyle is an abusive one.  And I think that Kyle's quick dash out of the restaurant was a fight-or-flight response, not any actual conscious decision to do so.  I don't think she feared physical harm, but rather it was that emotionally she just couldn't deal with any of it anymore.  I do feel for her.  Watching Kim one hour each week for a just a few weeks each year is exhausting.  I can't imagine what a lifetime being her sister must be like.

• Love 18
(edited)

Not to be outdone, her bestie, Brandi, decides that Kyle's discretion towards what her kids will see and hear is simply "hypocrisy." No, idiot, it is discretion. A word and behavior you need to learn because the rest of the world is sick of seeing your drunken rear, literally and figuratively, spread out everywhere, and you should stop to think for at least one tiny second how your kids are going to feel when they are old enough to hear and understand about your completely irresponsible behavior.

You're absolutely right.  Brandi really seems to believe that her "let it all hang out" philosophy is a good one even though most of us started learning as toddlers that there are some things that are best kept private.  "Discretion" is the perfect word for what she not only lacks, but apparently mocks.

It seems to me that (other than the unfortunate Kim situation), Kyle's life is pretty good.  And Brandi's is a piece of crap.  Neither woman is perfect, but there's no comparison in the level of embarrassment between what Brandi has done publicly vs. what Kyle has done publicly.  So I'll stick with Kyle's judgement in these kinds of situations over Brandi's any day.

And, sad to say, I think Brandi's boys are already old enough to know.  Mason is nearly 12 y.o. and Jake is nearly 8.  There is not any way that at least Mason hasn't already had an eye and earful, and I bet Jake knows way more than any of us would be comfortable with too.  So yes, Brandi would have done well to have taken a page from Kyle's book and practiced some discretion, but it's too late now.  Too bad she wasn't thinking of her children (although she claims she lives her life for them), and shame on her for mocking those who authentically do.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 18

Look at their lives and it's easy to see how Brandi would be green with envy.  Kyle has a loving husband and family, a beautiful home, money for days, a secure place on the show, and is probably paid more.  Brandi is some skank who celebrates moving into a rental home and has to share her kids with Leann Rimes.

• Love 20

Was it my imagination or did Yolanda break away from angry Brandi after her temper tantrum?  Brandi is just a bad actress.  The "I can't stand the hypocrisy," is just so phony.  When she was using pot with Kyle was it filmed, was it in front of her children or Kyle's children?  Brandi little hissy fit was pretty funny as she screamed for no apparent reason about the other women talking about her drunkenness and anger.  How very manipulative to say she needs her A game to interact with these women so she didn't partake in the pot sampling-why does she need a game at all unless she intended on stirring up trouble?  I noticed not one woman even attempted to sway Brandi into have a bite of cake.  So Brandi is pretty much admitting she just went along to screw with everyone else's evening? 

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't think it's silly at all or twisting the truth as you say because I happen to think Kyle is very beautiful.  I'm not alone in this opinion, on the very first episode of this franchise, Kyle was voted the most beautiful of the cast.  I've always agreed with that.  The only thing Brandi has over Kyle is height and is a few years younger.  Kyle has long beautiful hair and Brandi's mop is so damaged, even her weather worn extensions don't do any good.  I believe Brandi covets everything Kyle has and resents the fact that Kyle is considered a mainstay on this franchise.  I also don't have an "agenda" as you stated.  I just post my opinion like everyone else.

I agree with all of this.

I think Kyle is far more attractive than Brandi, and I felt that way even before Brandi's looks started deteriorating.  I think Kyle has exactly the kind of life that Brandi wants:  a husband, well-adjusted children, a beautiful home, no financial worries, lots of friends, etc.  Brandi is green with envy, and feels that she deserves all of that.  So she's resentful of Kyle and takes it out on her.  

I've always thought that Brandi is very insecure and extremely envious of all the HW's who were wealthy, but especially Kyle because she has so many other things in her favor too.

eta:  LilaFowler, I posted before reading all the replies and just saw that you and I posted something very similar.  I didn't deliberately steal your words, and I apologize if it looks that way!

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 10
(edited)

OK

So, usually, I don't really care about the women in this show.  They give me an opportunity to think about the genre, the camera, the location and north american fantasy.

Nonetheless, the BH housewives occasionally pierce through my go-to critical-posture.

And, it has been awhile since I've really felt for these assholes. But last night's episode was just upsetting. It was like watching a room full of wounded children. Between, what I think are real tears from Kyle and Lisa, to Lisa V's onset of passive fear, to Eileen's genuine attempt to stick up for herself TO EVEN Brandi's decision to keep her mouth closed (initally) and Yo's tragically ideological attempt at ego-bonding  - All under a thick layer of camera-noting and that weird thing that probably happens to "actors" that are trying to be real but are actually real but know that you know, and all that other Birdman shit, etc...Despite what came off as histrionic and fake, I actually believe this idiots were shaken up.

I even felt bad for Kim. YEAH. 

So I think Kim has no excuses for acting like a child. I think that because "reasons" will probably make her drink again.  And I care more about Kim's sobriety than I care about Kim.  But the thing is, assuming Kim is sober (which Im going to have to), I also know full well, regardless of the particulars, those first few years are an unflattering bunch of years. In no way does this make Kim less culpable.  It makes her entirely culpable.  But it would not be the first time a person recovering from addiction had no idea what to do with her feelings, her boundaries, her professional life, her family and her anger.

Don't get me wrong, Kim sucks, but Kim's sobriety, for whatever its worth, is responsible, wholly and solely.

What did I see? Kim trying and failing; Kim, again, taking what she perceives to be the Easy way out but is in fact another long and winding Hard trail of self-obsession; Kyle's own conflict between rage at her sister and her own desire for attention; LisaV's early onset dementia; Yolanda Doing the Best She Can With the Brain She Gotz; Eileen calling her Agent; Lisa R's asking for abuse because I'm guessing she WAS abused (I have no idea); and Brandi almost remembering for an entire episode that this need not be about her.

By the time the show fake-got to Brandi, I just didn't care.

That shit was sad

Edited by runforcover
  • Love 3
(edited)

When Kim went off about her kids not forgiving her if she failed to maintain her sobriety I began to wonder was Kim's 5,7,9 day hospital stay was in fact a detox event. Amazing Kim's children are allowed to throw out the "will not enable card" but Kyle can't. I think Kim began reaching for reasons she was such a vicious bitch and no one ever won a defense of others homicide case claiming they didn't want unfounded rumors to reach their children's (especially adult) ears.  Far more disturbing would be Kim's documented behavior and words over the past five years.  No one is trying to hurt Kim's children other than Brandi and Kim.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 9