Type keyword(s) to search

Dorinda Medley: Berkshires Chic

• Start Topic

On 9/9/2020 at 5:53 PM, itsadryheat said:

"Cohen then confirmed that he’d be happy to welcome Medley back into the fold once she’s been “renewed and refreshed.”

Renewed and refreshed?  You mean rehab?  Cause that’s how I’m reading it!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

Instead of going HAM on Tinsley, Dorinda should have thanked her for telling her about the money that Scott gave Big John. And apologized for her grifter boyfriend that went behind her back to a coworker’s man and begged money. Tinsley probably would never have mentioned it again, and no one would know. 

Dorinda is so prideful and self involved that she ruined her career out of pride. At least now she has something new to be angry/bitter/jealous/grieving about. She made her bed and now she gets to lay in it. 

• Love 10
Just now, Juliegirlj said:

. And apologized for her grifter boyfriend that went behind her back to a coworker’s man and begged money. Tinsley probably would never have mentioned it again, and no one would know. 

But why should she apologize? Tinsley didn’t seem to think there was anything wrong with Scott giving him the money. We have absolutely no idea the circumstances around it. Dorinda is just a delusional raging asshole. 

• Love 9

It struck me during the reunion that Leah and Dorinda are actually a lot alike.  It's their way or the highway and both are super judgmental. I know Ramona and Sonja are a little too high-brow at times, but Leah and Dorinda are far worse.

Dorinda throws punches in one's face while Leah throws her punches on social media. 

Dorinda needs an outlet for the anger seething through her veins ... I think a trip to Martin's gym with Leah would do her well.  She needs a good fistfight to get it all out.

Edited by Jextella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Instead of going HAM on Tinsley, Dorinda should have thanked her for telling her about the money that Scott gave Big John. And apologized for her grifter boyfriend that went behind her back to a coworker’s man and begged money. Tinsley probably would never have mentioned it again, and no one would know. 

Dorinda is so prideful and self involved that she ruined her career out of pride. At least now she has something new to be angry/bitter/jealous/grieving about. She made her bed and now she gets to lay in it. 

That’s a very good point. Unlike Sonja or Ramona, Tinsley respected her coworker’s privacy. She said nothing for months and months. But Dorinda kept attacking, attacking, attacking, until Tinsley finally felt she had no choice but to explain why Dorinda was trying to humiliate her. 
It’s kind of hilarious that we learned about Dorinda’s shameful, deep, dark, terrible, horrible, no good, very bad secret this way. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
On 9/7/2020 at 5:37 PM, Stats Queen said:

I would love to see a show like Unreal, which was a drama around the behind the scenes of “The Bachelor” show, that focuses the behind the scenes of a Real Housewives show. 

You can take all my money now.  Great idea.  Start producing!  LOL!

• Love 9
On 9/11/2020 at 6:33 PM, Chicklet said:

I wonder if Tinsley had security to walk out of that reunion. I know I would because Dorinda is a raging bitch and that kind of anger is really scary.

You could tell that it took everything inside of Dorinda not to go postal during that reunion. Her face told it all. I'm so glad Tinsley finally unloaded.

• Love 20

I'm struggling to figure out why Dorinda went to Richard's grave site with his daughter and her new husband. I'd rather slit my throat than go anywhere with my step-mother let alone go to a cemetery on my wedding day? It sort of seems like something Dorinda set up.

Why yes, I do despise her, why do you ask?

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

I'm struggling to figure out why Dorinda went to Richard's grave site with his daughter and her new husband. I'd rather slit my throat than go anywhere with my step-mother let alone go to a cemetery on my wedding day? It sort of seems like something Dorinda set up.

Why yes, I do despise her, why do you ask?

I rolled my eyes so hard when I saw that. If I were step-daughter's bio mom I'd cut that bitch. She's acting like she's there mom for the arrention and residual widow pity, which she clearly needs as much as she needs her next drink to calm the shakes 

• Love 9

I mean I don’t like Dorinda but her stepdaughter seems happy to be there and didn’t have an obligation to do it. There is also no indication it was part of the ceremony or even on the same day because everyone is in different clothes. And Richard’s connection to the Berkshires appears to be through Dorinda, so if she decided to have her wedding in the Berkshires so that they were close enough to his grave during the week or weekend she probably is fairly tight with her.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Maybe it's the natural progression of the casual trends of society. First jeans (or "dungarees" as my father called them) became everyday wear, then sweatsuits became "athleisure wear", flip-flops are worn Everywhere all year long, the Uggs that look like slippers, the designer pajamas, and now the standards have relaxed so much, people are just wearing their bedding. For those days you just don't feel like leaving your bed/the couch; now you can take it with you! I'm frightened at the thought of what might be next.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
On 9/10/2020 at 2:09 PM, Jextella said:

This is just me reading between the lines, but what I sensed from Andy's words and tone are that:

• he sounded sincere about having an open door for Dorinda
  • he also sounded sincere in his requirement that Dorinda will have to do an about-face
  • if/when Dorinda comes back, they'll be watching; I wouldn't be surprised if they invoke some sort of policy such that if she messes up, even mid-season, she's out. I feel she was THAT bad, and Andy wasn't having it
  • no single cast member is bigger than the show; this should send a message to all Bravo cast members - including those who have inflated egos, e.g. Nene, Jax, etc. 
  • These shows are all about making a buck (they aren't non-profits!), and Dorinda was popular.  She must have been REALLY, REALLY bad for them to have gotten rid of her - AND to have announced it prior to the reunion.
  • Andy didn't sound sad or regretful in the slightest. It was almost as if he's glad to be rid of her.

I truly hope you are correct about your last bullet point.  I know people say Andy no longer has say, but I find that hard to believe that Bravo is not heavily influenced by Andy.  At the very beginning of reunion part 1, he was fawning over Leah.  He said Sarah Paulson gave her a 25 and John Oliver loved her.  So what.  How about what all the majority of viewers want?  He didn’t read any comments from the many who weren’t thrilled with her antics. I could take her or leave her, but it sure sounds like Andy is more influenced by his famous peers, than the general audience perception.  

That scene of Dorinda on the phone blowing blood vessels at John was psycho.  I’m sure Sonja was afraid, and probably tip toes around her so the wrath stays on Tinsley and Ramona.  If some producers felt so strongly that they refused to come back while Dorinda was there last season, that should have taken precedence over her return. We have all seen such strong outbursts since the beginning.   

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Chicklet said:

The world is coming to an end, that's all. I just cannot take those granny squares as fashion. I mean the Connors- that afghan was kind of always there and might be considered iconic but jeez not as a garment.

Oh.My.God. I said with an Elle Woods accent when I saw Dorinda’s pants.  Geebus!  I have this cute pic of myself when I was 3 or 4, circa 1970, with a vest with quilt squares!  I like my picture and absolutely loathe that get up!  In my defense, I did not dress myself for that portrait! I tell my kids that was my Austin Powers phase. 😎 NEVER is this a good look, not even on Giselle or the “it” girl of today!  YIKES!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I’m watching the Bra Party. I don’t trust Frankel. She exaggerates more often than not, but she’s saying, “You were telling me at the jewelry store about, John does everything in front of your face, he doesn’t do it behind your back.... This summer in my house in the Hamptons, John comes in and starts pitching me business ideas when you’re not there.”

”Well, I [stammering] think people pitch people ideas....”

Dorinda eventually says sarcastically, “If he crossed over a line, I will certainly have him apologize to you, and I will certainly have him never do it again.”

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Dorinda eventually says sarcastically, “If he crossed over a line, I will certainly have him apologize to you, and I will certainly have him never do it again.”

Until we meet a guy named Scott🤣🤣🤣

Thanks hoodooznoodooz for watching. It's amazing what my deep subconcious keeps in the vault.  John reminds me of a relative that tried selling amway once, never met a person he wouldn't bore out of a room.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I just came across this article

https://realityblurb.com/2020/09/15/did-bravo-offer-to-pay-for-dorinda-medley-to-go-to-rehab-before-firing-sources-share-why-dorinda-allegedly-refused-and-if-shes-open-to-returning-to-rhony/

I really wish we knew the full set of circumstances surrounding the demise of Dorinda's friendship with Tinsley and her own departure from the show. I'm feeling as if there is more to it than her just being a mean drunk.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Jextella said:

I just came across this article

https://realityblurb.com/2020/09/15/did-bravo-offer-to-pay-for-dorinda-medley-to-go-to-rehab-before-firing-sources-share-why-dorinda-allegedly-refused-and-if-shes-open-to-returning-to-rhony/

I really wish we knew the full set of circumstances surrounding the demise of Dorinda's friendship with Tinsley and her own departure from the show. I'm feeling as if there is more to it than her just being a mean drunk.

I don't know who the source is for this article, but I find it hard to believe that people close to Dorinda don't believe she has a drinking problem. Even if they just saw her behavior on this show, they're ok with that? They don't think it was problematic? Come on. 

I think she refused rehab not because she doesn't want Bravo to use it for a storyline but because she's in denial.

• Love 24
11 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I don't know who the source is for this article, but I find it hard to believe that people close to Dorinda don't believe she has a drinking problem. Even if they just saw her behavior on this show, they're ok with that? They don't think it was problematic? Come on. 

I think she refused rehab not because she doesn't want Bravo to use it for a storyline but because she's in denial.

I think Bravo knew exactly how destructive and toxic Dorinda was but kept her on because they thought she drew ratings. However, just like Nene, the audience finally turned on this awfulness. The fact that they said she could come back IF she went to rehab just shows, to me, that they thought if she went to rehab the could get the non-toxic Dorinda back. No, that ship sailed and is lost at sea.

The fact that the honchos at Bravo kept her on after her behavior in Miami is disgusting- they will do anything for ratings. I don’t think they cared about Dorinda needing rehab until it impacted their bottom line. 

The people who are near to Dorinda who think she doesn’t have a problem (Who the crap are you?) - oh please, she is currently a walking nightmare who I really, really hopes gets help the help she needs - but that will only happen if she recognizes she has a problem.

At least Bravo finally realized one of their employees needed help (once it affected their bottom line). 

One thing I will say, at least the production company(s)? On RHONY and RHOA We’re brave enough to show actual raw footage without editing to achieve a storyline, unlike RHOBH were apparently the producers were trying to create their own story - they should be fired!  As should anyone associated with allowing dangerous employees to continue verbally and physically abusing people.

• Love 13
On 9/15/2020 at 11:53 PM, Jextella said:

I really wish we knew the full set of circumstances surrounding the demise of Dorinda's friendship with Tinsley and her own departure from the show.

I don't need more information than what I saw of Dorinda and Tinsley on the shows (and I didn't watch many of them). Dorinda is basically a mean/cruel drunk and/or addict.  Bring in a YOUNG (11yrs younger), pretty, former "socialite" (real socialite-by-marriage) well known in the Fashion world, and Dorinda's jealousy is on full throttle.  There was never a "friendship," just encounters where Dorinda could whip out that sharp tongue.   Andy Cohen is to blame.  He'll get his comeuppance one day.

• Love 5
On 9/13/2020 at 4:17 PM, itsadryheat said:

Not surprised Dorinda went after two dumpy guys with money.   Dorinda was a real estate agent until she married rich and got her husband to finance a business for her in cashmere sweaters.  No better than Sonja, just smarter. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

Dorinda was a real estate agent until she married rich and got her husband to finance a business for her in cashmere sweaters.  No better than Sonja, just smarter. 

She was working at Liz Claiborne when she met her Hannah’s father who helped with the cashmere business. She got her real estate license after their divorce and that’s how she met Richard.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She was working at Liz Claiborne when she met her Hannah’s father who helped with the cashmere business. She got her real estate license after their divorce and that’s how she met Richard.

Do you now what kind of job did she have at Liz Clairborne?

Wasn't Ramona a buyer at Macy's?

Did Sonja do anything along these lines?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Did Sonja do anything along these lines?

Ramona worked at Macy's when she was at FIT and then she started her wholesale clothing company. I think (but not 100% sure) she would buy huge lots of clothing and then resell them to stores like TJ Maxx. I think that's how it worked. 

I mean kadooze to her, right?

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Jextella said:

Yes. After graduating from FIT,  she entered Macy's exec training & became a buyer, and then started her own wholesale biz at age thirty - despite her many flaws, when it came to her education and career, Ramona hit the ground running and never looked back. 

Saleswoman: "It turns out that Dorinda and I worked at Liz Claiborne at the same time back in the glory days of Seventh Avenue when Liz was the go-to designer for working women everywhere.... We’d crossed paths in the showroom many times — Dorinda was a saleswoman and I headed up Liz’s public relations.."

A bit more info about the cashmere business,  Princess Di, her life in London, etc (the site ends access before the end of the article):

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QyGT4iYkfI8J:https://www.adweek.com/digital/rhnyc-dorinda-medley-housewives-werent-as-scary-as-i-expected/3/+&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, film noire said:

Yes. After graduating from FIT,  she entered Macy's exec training & became a buyer, and then started her own wholesale biz at age thirty - despite her many flaws, when it came to her education and career, Ramona hit the ground running and never looked back. 

Saleswoman: "It turns out that Dorinda and I worked at Liz Claiborne at the same time back in the glory days of Seventh Avenue when Liz was the go-to designer for working women everywhere.... We’d crossed paths in the showroom many times — Dorinda was a saleswoman and I headed up Liz’s public relations.."

More info about the cashmere business,  Princess Di, her life in London, etc:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QyGT4iYkfI8J:https://www.adweek.com/digital/rhnyc-dorinda-medley-housewives-werent-as-scary-as-i-expected/3/+&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Thank you for sharing this.  Some have asked how it is that Dorinda could latch on to two very wealthy men. It sounds like she was pretty charismatic.  She still is, on her good days.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 9/7/2020 at 4:25 PM, SweetieDarling said:

Now I want a tell-all from the production people. Do they sign NDAs? I'm curious to know who treats the crew like humans, who treats them like the hired help, and who treats them like gum on the bottom of their shoe.  They should secretly be taping the treatment of the crew by the "talent" and create a special or new series. I imagine some of the HWs would be livid at how they "are portrayed" 😉, but I would FLOVE this. 

Like Ramona, Nene or Vicki? 

• Love 5
On 9/11/2020 at 10:42 AM, Jextella said:

It struck me during the reunion that Leah and Dorinda are actually a lot alike.  It's their way or the highway and both are super judgmental. I know Ramona and Sonja are a little too high-brow at times, but Leah and Dorinda are far worse.

Dorinda throws punches in one's face while Leah throws her punches on social media. 

Dorinda needs an outlet for the anger seething through her veins ... I think a trip to Martin's gym with Leah would do her well.  She needs a good fistfight to get it all out.

Both Dorinda and Leah never really listen to anything anyone has to say.  They are just so incredibly stubborn in clinging to their position come hell or high water that they have done actual damage to their own financial situations.  Witness Dorinda's firing because of her refusal to seek help and Leah's refusal to accept the pay offer to appear in the show next season.  So now they both get what they deserve -- zero. 

• Love 5
On 9/18/2020 at 7:25 AM, Happy Camper said:

Amy played Dorinda way too cheerful to be on target.  I would have enjoyed her imitation much better if she had focused more on nasty slurring drunk than what we saw.  Maybe she has reason to be afraid to piss off Dorinda the same way the "source" for the RealityBlurb article obviously was.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 3

This popped in my Twitter and my first thought was, ah sweet, Dorinda's still a witch  And then it was confusion, were those hadow fingers at Hannah's neck? I had to look for a while to realize it was simply extra skin bizarrely shadowed. It's weird that someone that young, and who I don't think ever had a weight problem, would have that much skin. Or are they tendons?

Screenshot_20200920-205757_Twitter.jpg

Edited by ShawnaLanne
5 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Tendons.

Dorinda stop trying to make your daughter happen. Not going to work.

Same for Ramon and Avery!  I like Ramona on the show, but there is too much negative stuff about Avery in the media to ever want to see her "happen".

• Love 4

I just read on a Twitter post that it is rumored that Dorinda was separated from Richard at the time he passed away.  Does anyone know anything about this?   I can't find any sort of article that talks about it.

The same poster said Dorinda was a coke user and that John was her dealer.

I also read a post on Reddit that someone saw Luanne and Leah dancing it up at a bar and doing lines of coke in the bathroom. I'm not sure I can believe this one given Covid and bar closures but I suppose you never know.  Or maybe they did it prior to everything closing.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3