Type keyword(s) to search

Dorinda Medley: Berkshires Chic

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Taking a Massachusetts course?  Isn't Boston where Frankel and the boyfriend-du-jour have a place?

Curious.

Not really that curious. Blue Stone Manor is in Great Barrington, Massachusetts.

• Love 6

I think this tweet is interesting. At the very end, Dorinda says something like "It's a different Dorinda who sits here today".  Bravo chose to end the montage with that scene - as if they were trying to share their reasoning behind her departure in a subtle yet clear way.

• Love 7

So I asked this one before, but never got a response. Dorinda’s gesturing and flailing. I’ve never seen anyone else anywhere else do this (unless they are imitating her). Is it a regional thing? It’s so distinctive, almost like a swimming stroke. And she even did it on the phone while yelling at John for running game.

When she tilts her head, she reminds me of De Niro.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Jextella said:

I think this tweet is interesting. At the very end, Dorinda says something like "It's a different Dorinda who sits here today".  Bravo chose to end the montage with that scene - as if they were trying to share their reasoning behind her departure in a subtle yet clear way.

They seem to be massaging her psyche far more than they have any other terminated hw.  Are they afraid of her too?  lol   I hope there isn't an agenda there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 9/29/2020 at 12:28 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

So I asked this one before, but never got a response. Dorinda’s gesturing and flailing. I’ve never seen anyone else anywhere else do this (unless they are imitating her). Is it a regional thing? It’s so distinctive, almost like a swimming stroke. And she even did it on the phone while yelling at John for running game.

Good call on the De Niro likeness! 

I'd chalk Dorinda's flailing about up to genetics and cocaine.  I don't think it's a regional thing.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

They seem to be massaging her psyche far more than they have any other terminated hw.  Are they afraid of her too?  lol   I hope there isn't an agenda there.

Most of what they showed, with the exception of her exercising and the I tried to make it nice comment was Dorinda being a bitch. The clip, clip, the Jovani, the not well bitch, might make good sound bites but were all wrapped up in her being cruel/drunk/instigating to one degree or another. 

I was one who liked her initially, but around the time she blamed Kristen for John hitting on her, my thoughts about her and her motivations, but really her core character, changed.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 17

“I probably should have taken a year off,” she admitted, telling Frankel, 49, that her life was “very intense” going into season 13 due to a flood at her house in The Berkshires and her breakup with John Mahdessian. “I had a rough season, but that’s what we do as Housewives. We have good seasons, we have bad seasons. We come back, and we change it up.”

Still minimizing the vile.

• Love 12

I've been watching The Crown on Netflix and it occurs to me that Dorinda gives off a very Princess Diana vibe (look-wise).  I feel like if Princess Diana were still alive she would look very much like Dorinda

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Wicked said:

I've been watching The Crown on Netflix and it occurs to me that Dorinda gives off a very Princess Diana vibe (look-wise).  I feel like if Princess Diana were still alive she would look very much like Dorinda

I'm just waiting for the scene where Princess Diana buys pashminas from Dorinda.  That will be riveting.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

https://okmagazine.com/exclusives/bethenny-frankel-dorinda-medley-film-reality-show-big-shot/

"Medley is free to appear on Frankel’s show after getting the boot from the upcoming season of Real Housewives. And the pairing made sense for the show, since the two have been on good terms recently, according to a source. That individual also told OK! that Medley played a role in helping Frankel book Hillary Clinton for her podcast."

"Frankel’s decision to have Medley in her program is most likely because of her access to many high-powered politicians. Richard Medley was a former Capitol Hill aide who went on to work as a speechwriter for Geraldine Ferraro during her 1984 vice-presidential campaign, Chief Economist for the House Banking Committee, and Chief-of-Staff for the Democratic leadership in the U.S. Senate under Robert Byrd. He made his millions by working at private hedge funds and serving as an adviser to financier George Soros."

" . . . Richard used his connections and millions to support a number of high-profile Democrats, including Hillary. Dorinda has said her daughter, Hannah, is incredibly close to Bill and Hillary since she was just a baby when she first met the former President and secretary of state."

Hard to believe anyone "so close" to the Clintons and all of Richard Medley's power people would ever be on a housewife show. She must be close to them only in her head, especially after her last season on RHONY.

https://www.facebook.com/dorindamedleyofficial/

Like Life,

Once you write it

then you Edit, Edit, Edit!

#makieitnice #edit #memoircomingtogether

Oh goody-Dorinda's life story.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

https://okmagazine.com/exclusives/bethenny-frankel-dorinda-medley-film-reality-show-big-shot/

"Medley is free to appear on Frankel’s show after getting the boot from the upcoming season of Real Housewives. And the pairing made sense for the show, since the two have been on good terms recently, according to a source. That individual also told OK! that Medley played a role in helping Frankel book Hillary Clinton for her podcast."

"Frankel’s decision to have Medley in her program is most likely because of her access to many high-powered politicians. Richard Medley was a former Capitol Hill aide who went on to work as a speechwriter for Geraldine Ferraro during her 1984 vice-presidential campaign, Chief Economist for the House Banking Committee, and Chief-of-Staff for the Democratic leadership in the U.S. Senate under Robert Byrd. He made his millions by working at private hedge funds and serving as an adviser to financier George Soros."

" . . . Richard used his connections and millions to support a number of high-profile Democrats, including Hillary. Dorinda has said her daughter, Hannah, is incredibly close to Bill and Hillary since she was just a baby when she first met the former President and secretary of state."

Hard to believe anyone "so close" to the Clintons and all of Richard Medley's power people would ever be on a housewife show. She must be close to them only in her head, especially after her last season on RHONY.

https://www.facebook.com/dorindamedleyofficial/

Like Life,

Once you write it

then you Edit, Edit, Edit!

#makieitnice #edit #memoircomingtogether

Oh goody-Dorinda's life story.

I wonder if Dorinda thinks Frankel thanked her sufficiently for helping her book HRC.

She’s had to lower prices on her wares. The image on the coaster is not flattering. Dorinda, please insert a comma on your lip balm packaging.

I have to admit that I have always coveted that red plaid sleeveless dress with animal print trim.

• Love 4

Has anyone else checked out Dorinda's Instagram lately? There's something uniquely pathetic about it. I'm no fan, but it makes me sad for her. It's a study in loneliness somehow. Very try hard, oh, and she has a bathing suit with her face all over it. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 3/28/2021 at 5:12 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

Has anyone else checked out Dorinda's Instagram lately? There's something uniquely payhetic about it. I'm no fan, but it makes me sad for her. It's a study in loneliness somehow. Very try hard, oh, and she has a bathing suit with her face all over it. 

Yeah, and no sign of Leah or BFF BF for that matter.

"A study in lonliness" vibe is what I've gotten from Dorinda's IG and Twitter accounts for a long time (not that I visit either of them very often, though). 

It is so sad that at one point I posted on one of her SM accounts (can't recall which) that she consider volunteering somewhere, e.g. with veterans or a hospital rather than spend her time on things like decorating her mansion for just a handful of rich friends. 

I know she talks a lot about Richard but I wonder what she was like prior to him. I read online they were separated when he fell ill.

I think one reason I've been somewhat of a supporter of Luanne, Sonja, and Ramona over the years is that they fought to stay in the game when their worlds shifted. Ramona started dating and found 50 new friends. Sonja tried starting businesses, Luanne started a new cabaret gig and so on. They've gone through big ups and downs a long the way - especially Sonja and Luanne, but they keep on going and they keep on trying. These 3 are tough and they are fighters.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 13

I’m not a Dorinda fan after her last season on Real Housewives however, I do occasionally look at her Instagram.  I totally agree that there have been some pathetic posts in recent months.  The comments from her minions are equally disturbing: 

“Beautiful, Queen, Where did you get this or that, can I come to blue stone manor”

D13AF9C5-6465-4C00-9D2C-143D598045EC.jpeg

• Love 5

It seems she's still drinking heavily.

Please don't tell me she went out in public looking like that intentionally. She's never going to weasel her way back on to the best dressed housewives show looking like that. She might as well join Jersey and sit next to Marge.

• LOL 11

Dorinda's groundbreaking memoir will be released August 17, 2021. I wonder who she and Simon & Schuster thinks are interested in her life story?

"The proud mom told us that her daughter was critical in helping her piece together her memoir and getting her through the parts she didn’t want to discuss — like the chapter about her anorexia battle when she was younger."

"She explained that she “was very honest and forthright” in the memoir, which she started writing in November. “People kind of see me that way, sort of the voice of reason, tell it like it is, like me don’t like me,” she said. “Sometimes it serves you and sometimes it doesn’t, but it always teaches you something and I really wanted to speak about that coming from [humble beginnings].”

https://pagesix.com/2021/03/31/dorinda-medley-wants-rhony-fans-to-see-new-side-of-her-in-book-make-it-nice/

• LOL 4
On 4/7/2021 at 10:23 AM, Emmeline said:

I’m not a Dorinda fan after her last season on Real Housewives however, I do occasionally look at her Instagram.  I totally agree that there have been some pathetic posts in recent months.  The comments from her minions are equally disturbing: 

“Beautiful, Queen, Where did you get this or that, can I come to blue stone manor”

D13AF9C5-6465-4C00-9D2C-143D598045EC.jpeg

Oh, dear. I'm getting Baby Jane Hudson vibes from this picture. Someone snapped this when she was in the middle of "I've Written a Letter to Daddy."

• LOL 15
On 8/29/2020 at 4:25 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

hear ya...seems like adter a few seasons all these women with few exceptions are phoning it in and doing it solely for the purpose of promoting some product they re hawking or some some company they own.

I started watching Jersey again from boredom.  Their faces are all puffed and cut up from Botox and surgery.  Not a good look either.  Theresa is now selling gigantic colored vibrators with Joe in Italy.  She’s so proud.  Anything to make more money.  They are all fugley imo, and still wearing outfits that are too revealing and sexy for their ages.  Everything is still F this and F that.  Classy.

• Love 9
On 9/29/2020 at 1:28 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

More like a gangster thing.  Btw, hi !.   As soon as N.Y. Housewives went off, I forgot about this thread.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

More like a gangster thing.  Btw, hi !.   As soon as N.Y. Housewives went off, I forgot about this thread.

Hi! I usually don’t visit threads unless they are airing new episodes, but these housewives are always up to some odd shenanigans, and I love reading everyone’s reactions!

• Love 7
On 5/13/2021 at 11:22 PM, stcroix said:

and began watching Season 7 when Dorinda first came on as a regular.  I miss this Dorinda!! 

Me too, I loved that Dorinda. However she lost me a couple of seasons ago because her funny wit turned into meanness against others (much like Bethenny and Nene from RHOA).

She really ruined last season for me, because she was so vile, vicious and the opposite of funny. If she had come back I wouldn’t have watched. That being said the current season is not very entertaining as of yet, however none of the RH shows have been very enjoyable in the last few years. I think this has a lot to do with producer manipulation and “scripted” storylines. I also think using the comments of the very few people who post on Twitter as market research instead of doing actual market research has had an undo influence on decision making, which is disturbing.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/08/02/10-facts-about-americans-and-twitter/

My hope for Dorinda is that she finds herself and deals with her inner demons. 

• Love 15
(edited)

I’ll take Dorinda back if Leah goes. Tinsley is gone so maybe she would be better. Doubtful I guess but anything is better then Leah.

I liked Dorinda when she first came on but she could be mean when she first came on too. I guess she hid it better back then maybe because she was drinking lots back then too. I just watched her drunken speech at Luanne and Toms engagement party lol.

Maybe if she’s not with John anymore she’s not doing as much blow so she’s not as mean? Because drinking and coke made her really mean. She’s obv the type of person who gets mean when she’s doing blow.

I don’t know why I’m putting this much thought into Dorinda lol but I was rewatching early seasons.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 8
On 12/3/2020 at 9:07 PM, Wicked said:

When she first came on the show and I was so enamoured with her beauty I said that she's like Princess Diana mixed with Cameron Diaz.  High praise for sure.  But her personality turned so ugly :( 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I just saw that Dorinda is appearing on Million Dollar Listing tonight. Previewed scene of her with Steve or Fredrik. 

Thanks.  There's a rerun here in Canada on Slice at 7 PM EST.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I just saw that Dorinda is appearing on Million Dollar Listing tonight. Previewed scene of her with Steve or Fredrik. 

I saw her last night.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

She was with Steve.

Kind of a weird storyline.  

Steve is using Dorinda and her publicist to promote one of his sales which is in the Berkshires.

Dorinda was fine, but both Steve and Dorinda referred to her as the "Queen of the Berkshires" way too many times.

• LOL 6

lol just rewatched season 7s episode when they go to Atlantic City for Mona’s birthday and Sonja is drunk off her ass screaming about parting with John John Kennedy and hands down the best line uttered after was Dorinda “well he’s dead so that’s gonna he difficult’ I gotta pee … she used to be so fun before she lost it 

• Love 10
On 9/29/2020 at 1:28 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yep.  It’s a New York City gangster thing.  And Jersey and Long Island.  These people gesture with their whole body.  Not all gangsters tho.  Lol

• Love 3

People Mag has an article that Dorinda is renting out her house end of August (Air B&B) for a couple of weekends while she travels promoting her new book “Make it Nice” coming out August 17.   Although that house is crazy inside, I absolutely LOVE it.  I hope she never sells.  I’m sure it isn’t mortgaged, as Richard gave it to her.  I’d love to go in that house, but husband has zero interest.  Unless there’s a golf course in the backyard.  I’ll pay to read the book.

• Love 3
On 6/21/2021 at 4:59 PM, Marley said:

I’ll take Dorinda back if Leah goes. Tinsley is gone so maybe she would be better. Doubtful I guess but anything is better then Leah.

I liked Dorinda when she first came on but she could be mean when she first came on too. I guess she hid it better back then maybe because she was drinking lots back then too. I just watched her drunken speech at Luanne and Toms engagement party lol.

Maybe if she’s not with John anymore she’s not doing as much blow so she’s not as mean? Because drinking and coke made her really mean. She’s obv the type of person who gets mean when she’s doing blow.

I don’t know why I’m putting this much thought into Dorinda lol but I was rewatching early seasons.

I wish she was back too.  Sober tho.  She was funny and has the house we love.

• Love 6

Yes, I really miss Blue Stone Manor.  It’s only on 2 dates and $100 a night.  She is doing some video that she will offer with proceeds going for Ronald McDonald House.  So I think that’s what is behind it.  That’s a great cause!

9817B564-6F52-468D-9AC5-926926E76E08.png

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

So I think that’s what is behind it.

As it says in the announcement she is promoting the release of her memoir. If only she hadn’t redone the fish room she might have gotten more $$. 

• LOL 7
7 minutes ago, Marley said:

$100 a night is nothing! That’s a really good deal. If I lived around there I would stay there lol.

Considering she is donating the proceeds she could have charged much more.  I have been tempted to book Airbnb but the cleaning fee always gets me, sure I'll pay $100 for one night but then they hit you with a $100 cleaning, no thanks I'll go to a hotel.  What do we think the cleaning fee would be at Bluestone Manor?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

As it says in the announcement she is promoting the release of her memoir. If only she hadn’t redone the fish room she might have gotten more $$. 

I would guess that is per bedroom.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, sheshark said:

I would guess that is per bedroom.

I imagine it is but since it’s for charity it’s still a very low number but the ** says not including taxes and fees and I imagine @Baltimore Betty is right and there is going to be a large “cleaning fee” that I doubt will go Charity. 

• Love 4