Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 (Kaitlyn) Spoilers

• Start Topic

I remember the show hammering us with Josh's former career in baseball, but not him referring to it much.  And aside from a conversation with Andi about his failure at it and his return to college, I felt the producers showcased it for him in many different ways.  And we all know that they can decide "who" they want the contestants to be.

I agree Ben needs to really bring something out personality-wise, and quickly, if he's looking for the Bachelor gig.  He's a financial services guy, so nothing really sexy there.  Though as we all know, the producers could be hiding most of his personality the way they did with Chris Soules. 

I think Tanner has a lot more personality than Ben, and I find him more attractive physically.  But he's credit guy at a car dealership, so that's even less compelling than Ben's job.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Tanner has a lot more personality than Ben, and I find him more attractive physically. But he's credit guy at a car dealership, so that's even less compelling than Ben's job.

I really like what I see of Tanner so far. He doesn't have much of an edit and obviously doesn't have a connection with Kaitlyn but I always enjoyed his talking heads. He's articulate and not as much of a dramalama compared to the other guys. And he was one of the ones unhappy about Nick coming in but now seemed to have gotten over it.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 5
(edited)

I hope it's not Josh. It may seem now like he's not that bad but I vividly remember his time on the show and he was even more self-absorbed than Andi. And that's saying something. He spent all his time talking about his past pro ball career and he was the type of guy that will relate everything back to his sports endeavour. So unattractive.

Oh don't worry, I also remember it well. That's why I predicted that Andi and Josh would either have a long tumultuous relationship or they would implode very quickly because they always came across as two domineering personalities who always want things to be about them. How was that going to work? And color me not hopeful about Shawn and Kaitlyn if they even are still together by the ATFR if his whole he-man/territorial behavior on the show is anything to go by. 

But he's credit guy at a car dealership, so that's even less compelling than Ben's job.

Not that I think Tanner has a shot of being The Bachelor but does the lead's job title really matter? Other than a handful of people who had legitimate, solid careers (and as we saw with  Andi, those careers quickly went away in favor of chasing fame) many of these people barely have real jobs or careers. What exactly is Kaitlyn's job? And many were rooting for Shawn as the lead if Kaitlyn didn't pick him and he's admittedly unemployed. So....

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

The actual job status has played prominently in some seasons (Andy Baldwin, Travis, Andrew for a few), but I think it doesn't matter much anymore (Fleiss & Co. shape the story to suit their needs), and I think it tends to matter less when the lead is a rejectee from the previous Bach/ette season (Bob, Mesnick, Sean, etc.) because the producers have other angles to work.

CH brought up how jealous and controlling JP seemed on Ashley's season and she just said she had to stick with her man, knew it was tough for him etc. 

They are married with a 1 yr old now and have largely stayed out of the spotlight aside from participating in Bachelor Nation things (ultrasound on TV, some ATFR's etc.)

Maybe the same will be the case for Shawn and Kaitlyn-except Ashley and JP had school/actual jobs to get back to after the show ended. She went to UPenn in 2011, finishing up a dental degree and I'd always try to see if I saw her but I never did. 

I don't know any of these people personally but from what I have observed onscreen,  JP and Ashley seem VASTLY different than Shawn and Kaitlyn.  Hey, anything is possible. I mean look at all the flack poor Des and Chris got and how many jokes were made about him being sloppy seconds and they made it. I'm just saying I would not be the least bit surprised if the inevitable breakup announcement comes soon after the season, just as I wasn't for Andi and Josh and Chris and Whitney. 

• Love 1

If RS is sayng Britt and Brady are done, I'm going to assume the opposite especially when she's taking trips to Nashville. 

In the column he says that the trips to Nashville and everything else that we've seen either on or off the show has been fake.  They're just carrying out their contract and making the relationship look like it's still on.

• Love 2

Regardless of how their relationship ended, B & B looked like they got along really well and had some fun together.  Sometimes that's all people can ask for.  I thought they'd have an awesome romance, but at least neither of them can say "but, what if....?"

• Love 1

I don't know any of these people personally but from what I have observed onscreen,  JP and Ashley seem VASTLY different than Shawn and Kaitlyn.  Hey, anything is possible. I mean look at all the flack poor Des and Chris got and how many jokes were made about him being sloppy seconds and they made it. I'm just saying I would not be the least bit surprised if the inevitable breakup announcement comes soon after the season, just as I wasn't for Andi and Josh and Chris and Whitney. 

Yes. I can't imagine Ashley getting really close with JP (even if not sleeping with him--as I would think both of them would say no to, actually, though I don't know for certain) and then having an overnight romp with another bachelor, much less so late that he goes back and others, including JP, were just waking up.  Then again, I liked Ashley and I don't like Kaitlyn, but I just don't see Ashley doing that (Shawn seems a bit like JP--whom I also liked--in having made his deep feelings known and already expressing commitment).  

It's still weird to me if Kaitlyn and Shawn were such a couple, early on, that as CH said the show had to bring in Nick to try to keep it interesting.  That would never have worked if they couldn't accurately predict Kaitlyn's behavior though. Not a compliment.

• Love 6

then again, I liked Ashley and I don't like Kaitlyn, but I just don't see Ashley doing that

I feel the same way.  I'll admit it, I'll give more leeway to people I like.  I see the main difference is that Ashley's behavior was more conservative and I BELIEVED her when she said she wanted a husband.  She was pursuing her education with an actual goal of being a dentist.  She asked the guys specific questions instead of just locking lips and laughing uproariously at everything.  She was affectionate with the guys, but it wasn't her main focus.  

No matter my comments of Kaitlyn & her behavior, I don't think she's a bad person and undeserving of love.  I just don't think she wants what this show is supposed to be about.  

• Love 4

The actual job status has played prominently in some seasons (Andy Baldwin, Travis, Andrew for a few), but I think it doesn't matter much anymore (Fleiss & Co. shape the story to suit their needs), and I think it tends to matter less when the lead is a rejectee from the previous Bach/ette season (Bob, Mesnick, Sean, etc.) because the producers have other angles to work.

God, how depressing that the job status was important for the Bachelors but not the Bacherorettes.  Says a lot about out society, no? Women chase after men with good jobs, men may not likely do the same. (Or, at least, ABC has not chosen to put on a woman with a good job status as the Bachelorette. Ashley was only in dental school, had not yet become a dentist. Or maybe women with a good job maybe have not chosen to go on the Bachelorette.) 

Anyhu, Kaitlyn is a different kind of person.  And if she and Shawn are really are together now, maybe he sees that and can comes to terms that whiles she was dating him, she was dating others. And test driving.  And that he should be flattered that she took a lot of cars out for a drive before picking his model (so to speak).  I mean, there is the fantasy of being "the only one" for somebody and then there is the fantasy/flattery of someone searching far and wide and then finally selecting you as the best (a la Amal Clooney for George Clooney). Once you get over the fact that their body parts are coming slightly used.  But then you know that they work!

• Love 4

I think that women with good jobs often have worked hard to get where they are and don't want to jeopardize it by going on reality television. Andi was a lawyer, which most would consider a pretty good job, but I don't know many women lawyers who would go on The Bachelor - it's hard enough being taken seriously by some people without that. I would imagine women in finance or medical or whatever would feel similarly.

Men get more leeway with this, I think. They don't face the same credibility issues women sometimes do.

• Love 6
(edited)

The issue with someone who "lives in the moment"  and uses that as an excuse for their behavior is  - when does it stop?  How can you have a relationship or marriage with someone who has that kind of poor impulse control?  If I dated someone who had the attitude that "it's just sex"  or "I live in the moment, it felt right", I would not feel like I could get a commitment from that person to be faithful. 

I'm not saying Kaitlyn is WRONG for whatever choices she makes.  I'm just saying that the philosophy of "living in the moment"  does not bode well for Happy-ever-after with one person. 

Because "moments"  will keep happening.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 14

I think that "good job" might be relevant for the next Bachelor because Shawn and Nick have sucked up major airtime. In a normal season, the Bens, Tanner, or someone else would have been featured more. How will they "sell" the Bens, Tanner, etc. to the casual viewer who isn't following Reality Steve or posting on message boards? That's why I think Cupcake still has a chance but suspect we'll get Josh.

Based on Steve's webcast last night, Josh as Bachelor is looking less likely.  Chris Harrison is basically now saying they love Josh, but aren't talking to him about being the lead.  So it would probably fall to baby Ben H.  

• Love 2

Didn't Ben H. mention that he was involved in a charity for Honduran or Nicaraguan or Ecuadorian children, or some such? I believe a commenter on the episode threads, whose son knows Ben H., also said that he's involved in several charities. So maybe they'll sell him to the audience as a philanthropist, de-emphasizing his actual day job. And maybe Britt will show up again as a contestant because she sponsors children.

• Love 1
(edited)

^Like, except for the suggestion of Britt returning, although Fleiss would probably love it. He'd probably love to mainly have a cast of recurring "all-stars" with some new folks added to spice things up occasionally, and the only way to get off the "wheel" would be to get married to someone else.

Edited by lulee

Man that Men Tell All is going to be a doozy. I think it's definitely looking likelier and likelier that production had to change things up to that 6-3 in no time and practically no home town dates because the producers were having trouble convincing many of the guys to stay. I mean it does seem like Chris is still sort of invested and so is Jared but then you have Tanner who clearly realizes he's just sort of there, I can't get a full read on Ben Z., now there's Ben H. questioning Kaitlyn and Joe is another one that's sort of a question mark. And if the promo isn't b.s.'ing and she really does come clean about the Nick sex, then yeah I can see many of the guys having to be talked down to stick around which is why things got changed so much. 

• Love 1

Josh Murray got a lot farther with Andi than he ever did in his pro baseball career.

As a former minor league baseball writer from the era during which all of the Bach/B'ette alum played, trust me, this guy does NOT want to go there. Right now he can still play the "I played pro baseball" card but once he's in the spotlight, people will finally catch on that, despite his second-round status, he pretty much was a flop.

Yes, only a small fraction of young baseball wannabes even make it as far as the minor leagues, but even Brady Toops had a better career than Josh did. (And Chris Siegfried had, by a slim margin, the best career of the three recent minor league alum ... and I don't count Roberto because he did not play in the minors). 

Josh played a grand total of 34 games above low-A and stunk up the joint. He IS, however, the cutest of the three.

• Love 4

He IS, however, the cutest of the three.

Agree to disagree, but I much prefer Chris Siegfried's wholesome guy-next-door look to Josh's big teeth and muscles. I will only agree that Josh is cuter than Brady.

• Love 3
(edited)

Agree to disagree, but I much prefer Chris Siegfried's wholesome guy-next-door look to Josh's big teeth and muscles. I will only agree that Josh is cuter than Brady.

Totally agree. I always liked Chris Siegfried and it was one of the reasons, despite my usual cynicism about this show and the couples that come out of it, I was really rooting for him and Des. I just thought they were both genuinely nice people who shockingly, especially for this show, were really looking for someone to spend the rest of their life with. 

That's funny though that apparently Chris' baseball career, such as it was, was more impressive than Josh's since that wasn't even really something they focused on during Chris' time on the show. I always felt like it was something brought up in passing whereas with Josh it pretty much defined his entire appearance on Andi's season. Which by the way, speaking of, 

As a former minor league baseball writer from the era during which all of the Bach/B'ette alum played, trust me, this guy does NOT want to go there. Right now he can still play the "I played pro baseball" card but once he's in the spotlight, people will finally catch on that, despite his second-round status, he pretty much was a flop.

Wait, there are people who still have not figured that out? I feel like the running joke during Andi's season about Josh's constant baseball talk is the fact that most people knew he couldn't hack it and that's why he eventually left the sport rather than that b.s. they were trying to sell of him giving up the game because he wanted to support his brother and start a family or whatever the spiel was. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

Reality Steve has good sources but I think this is a case where there's a different front runner every week to drive page views. If ABC thought they could get a quasi-celebrity and felt they could convince America the relationship with the winner was even remotely real, they'd jump at the chance. You'd think they'd squeeze the ESPN connections, but maybe they felt burnt by how lackluster Jesse Palmer was.

They own Lifetime. Maybe Freddie Stroma as Bachelor after playing the Bachelor on unREAL

• Love 2

I can't even remember the season - Andi's maybe - but there was the "pantsapreneur."  Worst job title ever (in my opinion and all). I figure most of the "entrepreneurs" are more like "doing the best they can with independent ideas" but the pants one just cracked me up.

• Love 1

I can't even remember the season - Andi's maybe - but there was the "pantsapreneur." Worst job title ever (in my opinion and all). I figure most of the "entrepreneurs" are more like "doing the best they can with independent ideas" but the pants one just cracked me up.

JJ! I liked him a lot - funny, and possibly a Grade A shit stirrer. Kept the show interesting. He stopped with the pants company and branched out to a full clothing company, I think?

• Love 1

This is a very interesting preview. I thought about putting it in the media thread but it's kind of spoilerish and it goes with the Ben H discussion so I'll put it here:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/bachelorette-kaitlyn-sneak-peek/

I don't like what is being implied here. So Ben and Shawn are rooming together and Kaitlyn came down to hangout with them? Did Kaitlyn and Shawn have some sexual encounters when Ben left the room? Is she that stupid. Blah. Yeah, she is.

• Love 2

I just feel like they aren't really showcasing him because it's all about Nick and Shawn with Jared being the other guy she is clearly into. They chose Juan Pablo and what statement did he make on the show? People will watch regardless of who it is.

• Love 1

What excuse did they have for Soules? Compared to him, Ben Brady is a hot ticket. I guess my standards are quite low, but clean, employed, and erudite are amazing to have in one guy.

• Love 2

Chris Soules was 'Prince Farming' but neither he or Juan Pablo made any kind of an impact on their seasons of The Bachelorette. Juan Pablo never even got a 1-on1 date. So I'm not sure what exactly Ben needs to do to make himself appear to be a viable candidate other than have a decent job. If he is who they want then he will get it.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm actually kinda surprised that Josh isn't the lead contender to be the Bachelor as I thought he'd be a shoo in once he and Andi broke up.    

But since I watch the Bachelor for all the crazies, bad hair/make up/clothes, etc I guess it really doesn't matter who the lead is.   One thing we do know is Ben H will be getting a decent amount of air time in the coming weeks since pretty much everyone else hits the road.  Well that's if the editors can be bothered to tell us something about him between all the Nick/Shawn drama.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 2

I know we don't see everything but it seems this season that there is a ton happening off screen that they aren't showing up. Visits with Shawn and Ben etc. Every week it comes up that there is a lot being left out.

• Love 2

This is a very interesting preview. I thought about putting it in the media thread but it's kind of spoilerish and it goes with the Ben H discussion so I'll put it here:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/bachelorette-kaitlyn-sneak-peek/

Thanks for sharing that. I think he expressed himself very well, "and when I came back from my shower, the vibe in the room had changed and Shawn was .... happier." The way he said it you could tell what he thought "happier" meant.

I wonder if production is throwing extra cash at these remaining guys to get them to stay? Because, seriously, at this point I think all but Nick and Shawn would (should) just say good-bye to her. (And if I were one of those two, the way she's acted, I'd leave, too.)

I guess I'm not the "free spirit" I thought, because I think Kaitlyn is crass, sleazy, tacky and stupid. There's nothing appealing about her, imo, for a long term relationship (but for guys who want a short term fling, she's telegraphing "I'm available" in a way I've never see the lead--male or female--do before.)  I'm embarrassed for her, because I think she's stupid, but not too stupid to understand all the criticism. It's not pretty and from all indications, it's only going to get worse.

At this point, I dont' know how anyone but Nick and Shawn can stay on and successfully pretend they're still there for Kaitlyn and not for the travel experience or the fun of hanging out with the others. 

• Love 8

All of these spoilers make me SO excited for TMTA. I've never seen so many people confronting the lead or leaving the show like this. 

Juan Pablo.

I like both Bens and Tanner so will be happy either way. I think Tanner looks like a smaller framed Maks. But I'll take Ben H.

I’ll keep checking here.  I can’t do it anymore, I can’t go back to that major spoiler website. Too much junk and ads and useless info and it clogs and crashes my computer.

So now we know why Kaitlyn asked Cupcake if he liked Nashville and why he was there.  She's going to need a good dentist once she moves there to shack up with Shawn, until their breakup.   And hey, she can also call Brady when she needs a keyboard player to accompany her "rap" stylings.  

• Love 1

So now we know why Kaitlyn asked Cupcake if he liked Nashville and why he was there.  She's going to need a good dentist once she moves there to shack up with Shawn, until their breakup.   And hey, she can also call Brady when she needs a keyboard player to accompany her "rap" stylings.  

For a dentist, a mouth like Kaitlyn's is the kind you name your yacht after.

• Love 13

Are we to believe the rumor that Shawn is F1?  What does she see in him is the question.  He is not attractive and the edit is not showing any compelling personality. Does RS still say she chooses no one or is he on the Shawn bandwagon.  I have been very busy packing for a move and having trouble keeping up.  

• Love 2

Are we to believe the rumor that Shawn is F1?  What does she see in him is the question.  He is not attractive and the edit is not showing any compelling personality. Does RS still say she chooses no one or is he on the Shawn bandwagon.  I have been very busy packing for a move and having trouble keeping up.  

He is a strange looking guy, isn't he?   every once in a while, he's shown at an angle where I think"yeah, I get it, he's kind of handsome".  and then in the next shot - NOPE!   he needs a hair style makeover, because that wet look isn't doing him any favors.  And he has the widest part I've ever seen on a guy his age. 

And, yeah, he seems like what we used to call a stray puppy.   Show him the least bit of attention, and he'll follow you around, begging for scraps, forever.  

• Love 3

Shawn's looks kind of remind me of Nicholas Cage, the kind of look where personality makes all the difference. (Unfortunately, I hate Nicholas Cage and Shawn is so far unbelievably boring. But that makes him much like Kaitlyn so they may very well be a good match.)

I like Gosling, but don't see the similarities. Nick at least seems like someone you could have fun with, who brings some energy and initiative to the table. Shawn seems nice enough but like little is going on upstairs.

Again, much like Kaitlyn. I hope he "wins" and they are happy together, at least for the short time it will last. What they have shown us so far seems, at best, to have potential for a fling, not for a long relationship.

• Love 2

Shawn's looks kind of remind me of Nicholas Cage, the kind of look where personality makes all the difference.

Yep, I've always seen Nicholas Cage in him, too.  And just like Nicholas, how I perceive him is proportionate to how much I like his look.  He's either "average" or "Uck" to me.

Still, even an Uck person could find a nice mate when the other person falls for their personality.  I've seen it happen.

• Love 1