Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 (Kaitlyn) Spoilers

• Start Topic

I guess this is a dumb question, but what did Kaitlyn do in the snapchat that was so bad the producers would want to give her a bad edit?  

She gave away the ending.

And what IS a snapchat?

It's a photo/video sharing app where the photos/videos you post are deleted after a short amount of time, unless someone takes a screenshot, as happened in Kaitlyn's case. You're notified if someone takes a screenshot, but there's no way for you to remove the screenshot from the other person's device. You can only post photos/videos in real time, i.e. you can't post a photo/video that's already on your camera roll.

I think the original purpose of Snapchat was to "safely" send sexts or other embarrassing pictures without worrying that they'll end up on the internet for everyone to see.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I think the editing was already a done deal before the snapchat of Kaitlyn and Shawn in bed, but I also think the episodes that had aired at he time of snapchat were not unflattering to her. So i think her snapchatting the world was a dumb mistake but not a revenge "mistake." For whatever reason the bad edit of her was already in place (and maybe BN doesn't think it's a bad edit, all in all--they are all supporting her behavior so maybe it's supposed to be a good edit. In bizarro Bachelor world).

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 2

The one argument I can sort of accept of Kaitlyn's maybe doing the snapchat deliberately is not so much revenge against the producers but the crap she was getting in comments from the many people who read RS's site and had accepted his claim that she chose no one. I skimmed social media during the early weeks of the season and she was getting a lot of shit and a lot of name-calling about her not choosing anyone, especially because the show revealed the big pre-FS sex in the first full promo of the season. 

And let's not even mention when Nick came on. There were so many comments about her being a slut and how the clip of Ian saying she was just there to make out with as many people as possible was true because she didn't even pick anyone in the end, etc. So some believe she did it deliberately to shut some people up about the fact that she chose no one. I personally don't fully buy that but I guess it's easier for some to believe that than the other option that Kaitlyn was too stupid to handle something as basic as Snapchat. 

• Love 3

I thought the snapchat thing was done for Shawn's benefit because it was right around the time Nick came on and everyone watching saw her being intimate with him. I think she posted that to show that, no, she wasn't all about Nick, but about Shawn (in other words, to try to keep the relationship and minimize the jealousy).

I doubt TB approved of her doing that. She really was a loose cannon for them. While I don't like or respect her very much, I must say I enjoy her ruffling their feathers (don't panic, Kaitlyn, it's just a metaphor, there aren't any -real- birds) and shaking things up. Everyone is always so docile about the fiction of "I'm falling in love with (a zillion) different men."  And "The FS" is somehow  supposed to be like "the marriage bed" for virgins on their wedding night.  I'm glad she didn't follow their rules on that (and their effort at a smackdown, sulking that, "Okay, if you're going to be like that, go ahead and sleep with 3 men now--we know you will anyway--and have the hometown later IF you can narrow it down in the hotel room."  CH seemed so stern with her announcing this change in "off camera time". It was funny.

(edited)

They won't sue her, because that would be admitting she did something wrong.  And ABC won't even acknowledge that the video exists, much less that Kaitlyn let it leak.  Deliberate or accidental, ABC won't punish her in court.   And the whole 5 million dollar penalty is laughable.  The most inexperienced lawyer advertised on a bus bench would get that dismissed.  

Edited by leighdear

They won't sue her, because that would be admitting she did something wrong.  And ABC won't even acknowledge that the video exists, much less that Kaitlyn let it leak.  Deliberate or accidental, ABC won't punish her in court.   And the whole 5 million dollar penalty is laughable.  The most inexperienced lawyer advertised on a bus bench would get that dismissed.  

I'm not understanding this.  Why would it be a problem for ABC to admit she did something wrong?  She gave away the ending..correct?     It ruins the show if it's allowed to be done, Can't imagine the lawsuit is only a paper tiger.   

• Love 1
(edited)

ABC would have to spend a lot of time and money to prove that Kaitlyn's actions damaged the show in some way.  I believe the release of that video had zero negative impact on anything.  Viewership is as high as it's ever been, people are watching and advertisers are raking in the money.

So maybe a few thousand very devoted/interested/obsessive fans even know about the video, versus the millions that don't bother with spoilers, Internet chatter, Twitter or Instagram.  Most viewers really don't give a crap.   

I can't see how that video has ruined anything.   And Disney & ABC would have to find some judge that would rule that Kaitlyn's little stunt cost them money.  That's extremely unlikely and almost the definition of a frivolous lawsuit.  I say It's an empty threat to intimidate candidates into compliance.  She's nothing to them in the long run.

NOTE: I am not a lawyer, nor can I state anything with absolute legal certainty.  These are strictly my views as a rational being.

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 6

Reality Steve has a short blog up about the Men Tell All taping.  For those that don't read his site, the basics are:

-Nothing really happened, all the guys are over Kaitlyn except for Jared.   More on that in the Bachelor in Paradise spoiler thread.

-Four guys on the "hot seat" are Jared, Ben Z, Ben H and JJ.   I guess they brought up Ben Z, to keep him in the running for the Bachelor, in case things with Ben H don't work out.  Gotta have a back up.

-Britt/Brady weren't there and were never mentioned

-Ian got down on his knees (literally) and begged forgiveness for acting like a jerk to not only the other guys but to Kailtyn

• Love 6

Also from RS: Bens asks K why she told Shawn about sex with Nick but not him. She gives standard "relationships move at different speeds"  answer. Ben H slept on a cot while Shawn had king bed in their room. Kaitlyn hung out with Shawn there and Ben felt like a third wheel.

(edited)

Also from RS: Bens asks K why she told Shawn about sex with Nick but not him. She gives standard "relationships move at different speeds"  answer. Ben H slept on a cot while Shawn had king bed in their room. Kaitlyn hung out with Shawn there and Ben felt like a third wheel.

Wow. Well first I blame the show because wtf, why not give them a double bed hotel room? That reminds me of Britt sleeping on what looked like a cot too when Chris came in to get her for their date and as I recall there did seem to only be a king bed too that Carly and one of the other women were sharing. You'd think this show could spring for better rooms.

Two, just how many damn times was Kaitlyn down in Shawn and Ben H.'s room? So was she genuinely even trying to connect with the other guys - well save for making out with them because well she made out with everyone. Yeah it's definitely seeming more likely that they encouraged Nick to come on because Kaitlyn clearly gave zero fucks in her Shawn obsessing. Well I guess after all that it works out for them. I'm not exactly holding my breath though. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Why would 2 guys sharing a room have 1 king bed to begin with? No double room?  Also if there was no more double bed rooms, shouldn't the guys have just switched everyone other night so they could share the king?

Why would 2 guys sharing a room have 1 king bed to begin with? No double room?  Also if there was no more double bed rooms, shouldn't the guys have just switched everyone other night so they could share the king?

Seriously but like I said I remember being confused when Chris came to Britt and Carly and company's room because I remember many wondering why Britt was on a cot and two women were in the bed. I don't get it either. How much difference could it possibly be money wise?

(edited)

I heard that Nikki was given a suite while the rest of the girls had to bunk with each other. RS claims that the lead's favorites get special treatment. That's bad enough- but to make the special treatment in the same room with another guy on a cot is so rude. How awkward for Ben to have Kaitlyn hanging out on Shawn's bed while he sits there on his cot. He probably left to take a shower to get away- or he knew S & K wanted privacy (gag)

Edited by mingming
  • Love 4
(edited)
He probably left to take a shower to get away- or he knew S & K wanted privacy (gag)

This. And now I'm definitely thinking there was enough time for something to really happen with Shawn and Kaitlyn because Ben probably dragged the shower out as long as possible to avoid dealing with them. Well it certainly adds pieces to the puzzle. I mean I still think Shawn is a possessive, creepy tool but it explains why he was so territorial and loathed Nick as much as he did because how dare Nick not just accept that he, Shawn, was clearly the guy for Kaitlyn.

Sure Jared was all "so in love" with Kaitlyn but he probably just saw Jared as this poor, dumb, nice guy - like the nerd in love with the popular girl he has no shot with. So he could tolerate him versus Nick. Because not only was Nick not going to act like Kaitlyn belonged to Shawn, he wasn't going to treat Shawn like Kaitlyn was his and he needed to just step aside and respect that. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

The double room is bad enough week after week, but the cot? And wouldn't a decent roommate agree to take turns having the bed each night?  And having to share a bed with your roommate on a show making this much money is just, yes, a mind game.

I didn't read that Nikki had a suite before, but if its true (and it makes sense with this show that it is), that's pretty messed up, too.  CH has been saying for 2 seasons, basically, "no rules! you want 'intimacy' go for it!" Kaitlyn gave them what they were asking for and then they got all pissy about it. Maybe it would have been better for them if Shawn had gone to her room (with its hidden mikes?) but they didn't like the initiative she showed in pursuing him.

Luckily, I'm pretty indifferent to either of them so I hope they wind up together since that seems, per past shows, what they both really, really want.

• Love 2

Padma, you have a point.  The producers want the fantasy of all the men pursuing the Bachelorette, so they would want the men "sneaking off"  and trying to get alone time with her - which she could then accept or reject..  They did NOT want her pursuing the guys.  

• Love 1
(edited)

CH has been saying for 2 seasons, basically, "no rules! you want 'intimacy' go for it!" Kaitlyn gave them what they were asking for and then they got all pissy about it.

I think they wanted her to be "sneaky" to the viewers, but not production.  Make sure it gets on film, then anything goes.  Skulking around in the shadows and snaking time with guys is great!  As long as the camera crew is hiding in the shadows with them.  Breaking the rules is fabulous!  Provided everybody behind the scenes knows what's going on. 

I think they were A-OK with Kaitlyn sexing it up, lying and deceiving the GUYS behind each other's backs.  Just don't tamper with the filming, sweetie.

And any guy who's going to let his roommate roll around on a king-size with the woman they're both competing for, while he's crouching in the corner on a cot has got no 'nads whatsoever.  So Ben's response to Shawn basically peeing on Kaitlyn to establish his dominance, is to go hide in the shower?   Nice choice, Ben.  Did you also help Shawn get the condom out of the package?

But I'm sure he's very nice. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 6

I (still) don't mind Nick, but I think bringing him on the show gypped viewers out of a love at first sight type of story...BUT I know that's not what this show is about, so TPTB couldn't have that!

Shawn's hate toward Nick soured me on him, which is too bad because it was so much more enjoyable to see him having fun golfing (and streaking) with Kaitlyn and introducing her to his family. Wish we got more of that side of him throughout the season.

I feel worse that Bella had to go through her brother ending up runner-up again than I do for Nick. I seem to recall her telling Andi not to hurt her brother, aw. We know how that turned out. I think it's a plus that they only had two families involved and not four this season.

• Love 1

So here's my working hypothesis for a Grand Unified Theory of Fleiss-dom, and how it means that Ben is the next Bachelor:

The decision on who to cast as the Lead is, IMO, largely influenced by the perceived flaws (as decided by TPTB and/or "Bachelor Nation") in the Lead from the prior season.

Juan Pablo didn't take "the process" seriously.  So the cast Andi, whom they though would come across as a mature, serious, professional woman who "believed in the process".  They didn't realize she was just a jersey-chaser with a huge sense of entitlement.

IIRC, while Chris S. was always part of the discussion about future Bachelors, he wasn't actually selected until the last minute, after the backlash against Andi's treatment of Nick.  Chris' perceived "wholesome-ness" was a reaction to Andi "sleeping around" with Nick after she'd chosen Josh.

However, Chris turned out to be really dull.  So they had to get the drama from the female contestants.  And while I've heard that, going into the season, Britt was TPTB's favorite for the next Bachelorette, I think that once they realized how boring the season was, they needed to cast someone whom they thought would be a fun, party girl.  

Enter Kaitlyn.  They certainly got more than they bargained for on that count.  Which makes me think they'll go with Ben as a relative "gentleman" who'll "behave himself."

• Love 9

Enter Kaitlyn.  They certainly got more than they bargained for on that count.  Which makes me think they'll go with Ben as a relative "gentleman" who'll "behave himself."

You're spot on with the entire post. But I fear that a generation stuck in perpetual adolescence due to economic and social factors will rarely, if ever, provide a convincing 'starting a life together' narrative sought by the producers.  The cast members seem more and more narcissistic (despite many of them with very average looks) and, as has been noted with Kaitlyn many times, are lost at sea when it comes to building relationships and have substituted the Hookup Culture, thus subverting the indoctrination efforts of both the Professional Disapprovers and the Girl Power Brigade.

That's a long way of saying Ben is probably their best hope for traditional courtship rituals but he may not have it in him.

I know they intentionally cast the crazies for Bachelor In Paradise but some of these women are racing towards Old Maid status...which may be why they're participating again.  I suppose I will never understand the appeal of the clutching, desperate Clare except there may be many like her watching.

(edited)

And while I've heard that, going into the season, Britt was TPTB's favorite for the next Bachelorette, I think that once they realized how boring the season was, they needed to cast someone whom they thought would be a fun, party girl.

It was the backlash/outrage over the dueling-Bachelorettes things that made TPTB change their minds. That twist, after all, was their way to cast Britt over the popular favorite, Kaitlyn. ("Let the guys choose Britt! Then the audience won't be mad at us.") They had no idea the reaction they got would be so negative that even non-viewers tweeted/blogged their objections.

Besides, it's not the lead's job to be charismatic and entertaining. They're supposed to be such a catch that it brings out the competitive fire in the contestants.

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 2

My coworker said that she read on some sleazy site (don't know which one) that Shawn and Kaitlyn broke up because he was so jealous watching this season that he couldn't handle it. Has anyone heard/read that?

It was the backlash/outrage over the dueling-Bachelorettes things that made TPTB change their minds. That twist, after all, was their way to cast Britt over the popular favorite, Kaitlyn. ("Let the guys choose Britt! Then the audience won't be mad at us.") They had no idea the reaction they got would be so negative that even non-viewers tweeted/blogged their objections.

IMO, they wanted Britt from the beginning, but she handled herself so poorly from about mid-season on that they felt they might need to go with a Plan B.  I think they were still hopeful they could "make Britt happen" when they announced the "dual Bachelorettes" (which was itself a lame attempt to pump some life into the franchise after "prince farming" put everyone to sleep).  Ultimately I think they concluded that Britt would be too much of a drama queen and that Kaitlyn would be more "fun" (and possibly more "control-able"), and so they went with her.

My coworker said that she read on some sleazy site (don't know which one) that Shawn and Kaitlyn broke up because he was so jealous watching this season that he couldn't handle it. Has anyone heard/read that?

Well, that's what "the jackasses in my own head" have been saying since this crew got to Ireland.  So it wouldn't surprise me.  At the same time, no one has ever gone broke betting against these couples staying together.  So it's not exactly a risky story for a sleaze-site to run even if they have absolutely no inside information.

• Love 3

I wouldn't be surprised ifKaitlyn and Shawn have a 2015 expiration date, but most couples have have break-up rumors prior to the finale and hung on as a couple for at least the media rounds afterward.

Sorry that these two lines came to me immediately upon reading this:

Did you also help Shawn get the condom out of the package?

1. We don't use no steenkin' condoms!

2. No...that's part of Chris Harrison's job.

Mea culpa....

• Love 3
(edited)

I wouldn't be surprised ifKaitlyn and Shawn have a 2015 expiration date, but most couples have have break-up rumors prior to the finale and hung on as a couple for at least the media rounds afterward.

I agree as I can't see Kaitlyn and Shawn giving up till the last of the publicity goes away as you know they want at least their People Magazine cover.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1

I agree as I can't see Kaitlyn and Shawn giving up till the last of the publicity goes away as you know they want at least their People Magazine cover.

It depends.  If DWTS decides to pass on Kaitlyn, then the "break-up" might commence as soon as they leave the studio from the ATFR.

-Four guys on the "hot seat" are Jared, Ben Z, Ben H and JJ.   I guess they brought up Ben Z, to keep him in the running for the Bachelor, in case things with Ben H don't work out.  Gotta have a back up.

I hope it's not Benzie. When Kaitlyn, in front of the other guys, ordered Joshua to tell her who wasn't happy with Nick being there, Joshua said Benzie was one of them, and Benzie threw him under the bus. Yeah, I'm holding that against him :)

Also from RS: Bens asks K why she told Shawn about sex with Nick but not him.

Am I misreading, or does this mean she also had sex with Ben? A threesome?

Better call Saul! :)
  • Love 2
Also from RS: Bens asks K why she told Shawn about sex with Nick but not him

Am I misreading, or does this mean she also had sex with Ben? A threesome?

I think that's just a sloppy pronoun usage by the OP.  I take it to mean Ben asks Kaitlyn why she didn't tell him that she'd slept with Nick, while she did tell Shawn that she'd slept with Nick.  As in "The Rooster goes with the Chicken, so who's having sex with the Hen?"

Deliberate or accidental, ABC won't punish her in court.   And the whole 5 million dollar penalty is laughable.  The most inexperienced lawyer advertised on a bus bench would get that dismissed.

I'm an experienced lawyer, although I don't have a bus bench.  But I think liquidated damages clauses like this can hold up.  Liquidated damages, even seemingly excessive and punitive ones, are a recognized element of contract for situations in which the losses a party might suffer from a breach of the contract are intangible.  And the contract also no doubts requires the case to be brought in a jurisdiction favorable to the production company.

Nevertheless, I doubt any production company would ever seek to actual collect on it.  Few former contestants would have enough assets to cover the judgment.  And the clause serves its purpose by deterring most people from breaching, and giving the production company a huge hammer to yield in settlement negotiations. (See: Stacy Stillman's suit against Survivor)

• Love 2

EEk- that was me with the sloppy pronoun usage. Sorry, I meant that Kaitlyn is asked why she told Shawn about the sex with Nick but didn't give Ben the same consideration. Regarding the MTA- CH is saying in an interview with tv guide that Ben heard the conversation where K told S he's 'the one'. I don't know why he revealed that with Ben being the new Bachelor and I don't know if they will show it but apparently Ben stayed after hearing her tell Shawn that.

• Love 1
Regarding the MTA- CH is saying in an interview with tv guide that Ben heard the conversation where K told S he's 'the one'. I don't know why he revealed that with Ben being the new Bachelor and I don't know if they will show it but apparently Ben stayed after hearing her tell Shawn that.

It sounds like they were more concerned with throwing Kaitlyn under the bus than they are worried about how it makes Ben look.  Although they may think it makes Ben look more sympathetic in the sense of making some women (again, in Fleiss' perception of the female mind) feel sorry for him and thus become attracted to him.

(edited)

I don't think Ben actually heard Kaitlyn say that to Shawn. How stupid would Kaitlyn be to actually say that in front of him. Reality Steve's sources said Ben talked about feeling like a 3rd wheel when Kaitlyn came down to their room.

I hope it's not Benzie. When Kaitlyn, in front of the other guys, ordered Joshua to tell her who wasn't happy with Nick being there, Joshua said Benzie was one of them, and Benzie threw him under the bus. Yeah, I'm holding that against him :)

Oh yeah. I didn't like that either. That was callous.

Edited by ElectricCityy

EEk- that was me with the sloppy pronoun usage. Sorry, I meant that Kaitlyn is asked why she told Shawn about the sex with Nick but didn't give Ben the same consideration.

No need to be sorry...except that now I'm disappointed that there wasn't even more drama in the most dramatic season evah!!! :)

I'm thinking that the rest of the guys - except for the final 2 - are watching this on TV at home with their girlfriends and laughing their asses off at how they had been convinced to compete for a girl who is just so ordinary. 

• Love 7

I'm not really feeling any of Kaitlyn's guys as the next Bachelor. In my dream world Chris Bukowski would be the pick & he would out sleaze Juan Pablo & Bob the Blob combined in what would be known as the trashiest season ever. They should cast blatent screen hogs & model/actress wannabes all begging for their share of the Bachelor 15 minutes. I picture much drama, crying & cat-fights as the grown ass man looks on in glee knowing he does not in any way believe his wife is "someone in that room."

My second choice would be Nick Ick & it would be the quickest season ever as each girl that spent any time with him would remove herself from the journey. I can picture group dates with two or three leaving each time, the dreaded two on one date would be fun as both girls rejected the rose. Soon the producers would be scrambling to keep Nick from spending any length of time with anyone.

Obviously I am a wrong reasons viewer.

• Love 9

I think Kaitlyn and Shawn are both narcissists and there's no way either one of them could not watch the whole season. (I don't think Whitney B. didn't watch either, but it was the smart answer. When you break up, at least you know the show to rewatch and feel better about it.)

I'm curious if Shawn, seeing himself, will share my opinion that he came across as a jerk. That's about all that could save him--some self awareness (and an apology to Nick)--at this point, imo. Not holding my breath though.

• Love 2

According to new issue of "Life and Style" who are such an "authority", have a headline where Kaitlyn says she picked the wrong guy and the producers made her pick him. 

But reading the article (yes, and I even bought the damned rag), it is the runner up that is being referenced.

• Love 1

So just so I understand, Life & Style is saying that Kaitlyn chose Nick who she feels was the wrong guy and who the producers made her pick? I find it odd that Life & Style would have such an obvious fake story with the Snapchat video floating around. Like that pretty much solidified who she picked so how could they still think it was Nick?

Makes sense, because they wanted Ben for The Bachelor.  They couldn't have let him be in the final 2, he had to be eliminated.  

Ick was the right guy to be dumped, so he deserved to be final 2.    

• Love 1

So just so I understand, Life & Style is saying that Kaitlyn chose Nick who she feels was the wrong guy and who the producers made her pick? I find it odd that Life & Style would have such an obvious fake story with the Snapchat video floating around. Like that pretty much solidified who she picked so how could they still think it was Nick?

But she -could- have picked Nick, then changed her mind (like Mesnick and Molly) then switched to Shawn even before the season aired. That said, it seems a strange and untrue story since no-one--not RS, not the snapchat video, etc. has said that Nick "wins".

But she -could- have picked Nick, then changed her mind (like Mesnick and Molly) then switched to Shawn even before the season aired. That said, it seems a strange and untrue story since no-one--not RS, not the snapchat video, etc. has said that Nick "wins".

Yeah that came to my mind right after I posted. Well wouldn't that make for a "shocking" ATFR if the spoilers aren't fully accurate and she actually chose Nick and then left him for Shawn. Although Mesnick can always boast that he did it first. 

• Love 1

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.  The headline made it seem like she was forced by the producers to pick a guy she didn't want as F1

But the article made it clear she gets her first choice as F1, however, they made her take another guy to F2 when she wanted to bring Ben H.  The article said she was also pressured to make it seem like she liked F2 guy a lot more than she did for drama since it was clear that she was crazy about F1 guy.

• Love 3

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.  The headline made it seem like she was forced by the producers to pick a guy she didn't want as F1

But the article made it clear she gets her first choice as F1, however, they made her take another guy to F2 when she wanted to bring Ben H.  The article said she was also pressured to make it seem like she liked F2 guy a lot more than she did for drama since it was clear that she was crazy about F1 guy.

When you put it like that, it sounds plausible.... especially to a girl who slept with her F2 as well as her F1 and now is trying to make believe she "really" wasn't that interested in the other one, just following producers' orders, adding the drama, etc.

Good cover, if true, but I don't know if Kaitlyn is quick enough to figure out at this late date how to weasel out of sleeping with Nick after she'd already slept with Shawn and that she "really wasn't into him as F2". (imo. she slept with Shawn in San Antonio. Because that twosome no-way, no-how could hold a six hour conversation). And, seriously, at that point when F1 is watching all this, what else can you say to make F1 feel you were really "in love" with him all along?

• Love 2