Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 (Kaitlyn) Spoilers

• Start Topic

(edited)

MY razor says it's both. CWSwap will be Mesnick's fourth Reality show, including a 2-hour special of his wedding. It will be Lowe's SIXTH.

One of Sean's was DWTS.

"Well, back in 2010 The Hollywood Reporter said that the pay works like this: '$125,000 for signing, three weeks of rehearsal before the premiere and competing in the first two episodes, even if the cast member is cut after the first dance." After that, they get "$10,000 an episode for Weeks 3 and 4, $20,000 an episode for Weeks 5 and 6, $30,000 an episode for Weeks 7 and 8, and $50,000 an episode for the final two weeks.'"

Source.

And of course, he was paid to be The Bachelor, perhaps $90,000.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3
They either love the fame and attention or it pays a lot of money!

...and it pays quite a bit of money for those who claim to be personal trainers, account "executives," restaurant managers (probably a server)...but who are former models and wannabe actors.  It's a regular gig with money they can count on.

• Love 3

Only the lead gets paid, not the contestants.  So Kaitlyn wasn't paid for Chris's season, but definitely this season as lead.  Plus all the extras.   I'm betting they paid Ick, though.  His part in this trainwreck was so non-standard, I'm thinking he was compensated in some way the usual contestants aren't. 

Chris Soules is in a celeb cooking show coming up, so that will be #4 for him.  Great gig if you can get it!

I'd say it's not too much of an attention grab. To me, Jason & Shawn haven't seemed to always be in the public eye except for right after their seasons. Jason & Molly/Shawn & Catherine live realitively quiet normal lives now. Like Trista & Ryan.

Interesting that the same 4 who will be on Marriage Boot Camp all appeared together (with Kaitlyn) on Celebrity Family Feud. I think that they don't so much want relatively quiet lives as that they aren't in that much demand. In reality, I wish them all well and would hope they have long, lasting, and loving relationships.

Sean and Cat will be on Marriage Boot Camp too, apparently talking about their crappy sex life. So dignified! 

Thanks, must have missed that which considering how little attention I pay to these people makes sense. So wait...they will be sharing that what, after waiting to have sex after they were married, the sex has sucked? The hell? I'd suggest why not go to sex therapist but let's face it, unless it's done on television, they won't get paid for it so never mind. 

• Love 1

The Sean/Catherine fame-seeking activities might go best in the Media thread in the forum for The Bachelor.

This thread is for Kaitlyn season spoilers. People who come to this thread expect to see discussion of Kaitlyn and the Season 11 guys, not Sean and Catherine.

Thanks!

• Love 3

I admit, I will be relieved when tonight is over and we're all put out of our misery from this season. 

Obviously the producers got what they wanted in terms of ratings, social media conversations and viewers.  But I sincerely hope that next season they bring back a little more class and romance to the show.  Ultimately they produce the show that THEY want, but I know I'd enjoy it more if they remember that pretty people in pretty places doing pretty things can produce good ratings too!    

• Love 5
I admit, I will be relieved when tonight is over and we're all put out of our misery from this season.

It is sad that I am looking forward to the finale, not because I will finally find out who she chooses, since that was obvious from day one and, I just don't care, but because it means this torture will finally be over.

• Love 3

Any idea why they're doing the proposal back at the mansion? Damn, Kaitlyn won't even have the memory of getting proposed to on top of the mountain, or cliffside overlooking the beach or city, or some other exotic locale even though that engagement will only last six months. She got really shafted this season - if TPTB didn't like her this much, why even get her as the lead?

• Love 2
She got really shafted this season - if TPTB didn't like her this much, why even get her as the lead?

I go back to my theory - the girl likes to drink, and once she's under the influence, they can't control her.   

They realized halfway through the season they needed to keep a tight rein on her. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I think she got off easy.  She only had 2 "hometown" dates, and both were in a neutral location.  All other Bachelorettes had to look FOUR mamas in the eye and say they weren't gonna hurt their baby boys, knowing it was a lie to 3 of those mamas.    

Kaitlyn barely had to deal with 2 families, and not even on their own turf.   Minimum stress and guilt for her.    For that alone, they should have made her final rose ceremony take place at in Interstate rest stop.  That she deserves. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5
(edited)

Well per the usual, with the end blessedly near, the tabloids are out with all their stories. Good news for all the ones scared of that "crazy stalker" Nick, per US Weekly who we all know gets their information from the show itself, Kaitlyn and her F2 has had no contact since filming ended and the F2 is fine and has moved on. So I guess we won't be hearing about any so called attempts to get in contact with Kaitlyn.

Speaking of US Weekly though, interestingly, they have an article about Nick and Kaitlyn which further confirms what many already know about their relationship prior to filming of the show. It basically reiterates the gossip that things were very intense and even sexual between them, as in some not so Rated PG phone conversations, texts, etc. The article also states that they had sex even more than was shown on the show (I can believe it since the suspicion is more went on with her and Shawn that viewers didn't see) and, what I found especially interesting, was that they apparently exchanged I love you's while filming was happening and possibly even before he came on the show.

The last part is especially surprising to me since that's been the whole crux of Shawn's insanity - that apparently Kaitlyn told him he was the one. I guess despite everything with Nick, whatever Shawn was selling she was really buying. I myself don't know what that is but hey, there's no accounting for taste. 

Meanwhile, one of the less reliable sources is reporting that Kaitlyn and Shawn are already done but they'll play their parts for the cameras and press, at least for a few months. US Weekly and In Touch both say they're still together though and RS, amusingly, is reporting that they're absolutely together and giddy in love. Of course this coming from the guy who swore when this started that Kaitlyn chose no one. It doesn't matter though because let's face it, the expiration date on that pairing is very close. 

eta: Btw, about the final proposal at the mansion, interestingly, the one other time they did the dual leads thing with Byron, that's where the final rose ceremony took place as well. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

eta: Btw, about the final proposal at the mansion, interestingly, the one other time they did the dual leads thing with Byron, that's where the final rose ceremony took place as well. 

Interesting, I didn't think they did that before. 

Any idea why they're doing the proposal back at the mansion? Damn, Kaitlyn won't even have the memory of getting proposed to on top of the mountain, or cliffside overlooking the beach or city, or some other exotic locale even though that engagement will only last six months. She got really shafted this season - if TPTB didn't like her this much, why even get her as the lead?

I hope they do it at the Greyhound station.  Now that would be unprecedented.

• Love 5

Meanwhile, one of the less reliable sources is reporting that

I trust you're saying this with tongue in cheek, because there are very few tabloid LESS reliable than US Weekly. The only magazine that gets verifiable info from the show (and from all the contestants' agents and managers) is People magazine.

I trust you're saying this with tongue in cheek, because there are very few tabloid LESS reliable than US Weekly. The only magazine that gets verifiable info from the show (and from all the contestants' agents and managers) is People magazine.

Actually US Weekly is owned by the same parent company as People Magazine and often has the same sources as People. The only major difference with them and People at this point is that the latter gets the official statements and interviews from the celebrities. US Weekly has broken a lot of stories and with this franchise, most of their stuff is usually correct. And most of have figured based on their almost too accurate info in the latter part of the season that the show itself is giving it info. 

• Love 1

US Weekly has broken a lot of stories and with this franchise, most of their stuff is usually correct.

I beg to differ. US Weekly has published a lot of shit and anything that they do get right they've copied from elsewhere after the fact. US Weekly is NOT a credible source but it seems these days some people will believe almost anything. Some people think Reality Steve is always right too. He and US Weekly have a long history.