Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 (Kaitlyn) Spoilers

• Start Topic

(edited)

He did...news to me. I thought the only thing RS said about the pre-FS sex was that it was definitely Nick and that Kaitlyn doesn't tell the other guys about it like it's implied in the season long promo. 

As for the information in In Touch, I'm well aware that tabloids aren't bastions of truth. That said, it doesn't mean they NEVER print something that is the truth, especially when the sources come directly from the source, i.e. the show. Not saying necessarily the producers themselves but this show is not exactly on the level of A-List celebrities wanting to protect their image and brand and with millions and millions of dollars to do it (and even then people talk sometimes). 

Let's be frank, it's a two bit reality show attracting many people seeking some D-List fame. In other words, the same way RS can wrangle sources that gives him information about the season that so many seem to accept as absolute fact, why is it impossible that In Touch and others spoke to someone who let them in on something that happened during the season that wasn't shown?

This season with the pre-FS Nick and Kaitlyn sex has brought out comments on discussion boards, that many people who didn't follow the show and former contestants may not have known. Like as sleazy as it was always reported Bob was during his season as the lead, how many knew he apparently hooked up with one contestant before the FS just like Kaitlyn and that apparently one gave him a blow job and there were other hook-ups throughout the seasons. But those weren't exactly shown on the show or talked about?

Like I noted above, this is just speculation on my part as I've been doing since the first spoilers. I didn't pay much attention to the In Touch article when I first heard about it, but watching and listening to Shawn's behavior last night just made me wonder if there is some possibility of truth to it especially as I've been saying from day one something about the spoilers just never fully added up to me.

Unless Shawn is just completely batshit crazy and delusional (entirely possible of course), then he really believes that Kaitlyn said to him he was the one in some private time together and they spent 6-7 hours alone together after their one on one date. Now I'm not trying to slut shame Kaitlyn but seeing what we have of her, anyone really believe if there was that much time between those two away from the cameras that NOTHING happened? 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

She mostly said a lot of nothing. When asked if she regretted it, she repeated twice that she's a "live in the moment kind of person." They asked about Shawn's feelings, and she answered more generally, basically saying, did they forget what show they're on? She does wonder if she had waited 10 days until the FS if public reaction would be the same. That was pretty much it.

What I found most interesting is that she was wearing the same white lace dress she had on in those interviews at the beginning of last night's show, which many are speculating were recorded recently. I rewatched them and her hair is definitely shorter in those interviews than the rest of the show, very similar to how it was on GMA this morning.

• Love 4

As for the information in In Touch, I'm well aware that tabloids aren't bastions of truth. That said, it doesn't mean they NEVER print something that is the truth, especially when the sources come directly from the source, i.e. the show.

The show is very likely an actual "unnamed source" for US Weekly and People, which are generally more reputable when it comes to celebrity stuff. The others (In Touch, Star and OK!) are basically fan fiction.

• Love 1
(edited)

So we see in the preview that CH is telling the men that the season will be shorter and only 2 home town dates and 2 fantasy suites. 

I now understand why they had to do this.  Way too many balls in the air. 

I think production told her to give Jared the rose last night to keep up the appearance of some sort of contest.  I think she fell for Shawn early on, slept with him in San Antonio during their 5 hour talk.  They have to keep that from showing. Sleeping with Nick threw them off but they loved it.  They have to keep Jared in the mix so there are at least 3 contenders.  

Thank you producers of UnReal.  I see so much more now! 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

Can any of the Bachelor/ette historians remind me which seasons had to be edited to hide the fact that the F1 was "it" from early on? I think I remember Meredith/Ian and Andy/Tessa being among those couples, but there have been more recent examples, right?

Thanks!

I think they hid JP as Ashley's final 1 with the whole Bentley leaving and coming back.   And some think Roberto was obvious for Ali and had to be hidden but I still think to this day Frank was her real final 1.

• Love 2

Can any of the Bachelor/ette historians remind me which seasons had to be edited to hide the fact that the F1 was "it" from early on? I think I remember Meredith/Ian and Andy/Tessa being among those couples, but there have been more recent examples, right?

I would say Ben and Courtney, but they didn't try to hide it. Same with Matt Grant and Shane Lamas.

• Love 1
(edited)

Reality Steve has his new blog up. Nothing really important except:

1. Kaitlyn & Shawn are still engaged and not to believe tabloid reports of Shawn hooking up with random chicks in Nashville

2. Tanner, Joe, and Joshua have all done well in Paradise; Jared not so much (still hung up on Kaitlyn)

3.  That the exodus from the show goes like this:

9 to 6 in Dublin;  JJ on the one  on one date, Tanner & Ben Z at the rose ceremony

6 to 3 in Killarney; Dr. Cupcake on his one on one date (must be when he pulls his Mesnick), Joe and Jared at the rose ceremony

Then Ben H at final 3 for the most obvious final 2 in the show's history, Nick vs Shawn

One more thing:

Dr. Cupcake has been eliminated from the running of the next Bachelor.    I think he's still going with it being a Ben H vs Josh Murray contest but I guess who knows at this point, since Fleiss and company can pull another random Juan Pablo at the last minute.  

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 3

Why was Cupcake eliminated? He would've made a great Bachelor! He has a great job and he's actually successful. Reminds me of the early Bachelors, where they were rich, goodlooking men looking to find love.

Ben H is incredibly boring, no real personality to dominate 25 women. I can already see next season bombing if it's not Josh Murray.

Why was Cupcake eliminated? He would've made a great Bachelor! He has a great job and he's actually successful. Reminds me of the early Bachelors, where they were rich, goodlooking men looking to find love.

Ben H is incredibly boring, no real personality to dominate 25 women. I can already see next season bombing if it's not Josh Murray.

That's just coming from Reality Steve.  No idea if Dr. Cupcake has been eliminated for real or not as sometimes Steve's info on who the next lead isn't always the best--I don't think he ever had Juan Pablo as a candidate.  Or maybe Cupcake eliminated himself as maybe he wants to concentrate on his practice.   

Thank you producers of UnReal.  I see so much more now!

When I saw Shawn talking to that worker on the show, saying how he trusted him it totally made me think of Unreal and how the girls are assigned to their handler/Producer. 

• Love 6

I'd much rather watch Peter Brady as the bach than meathead Josh Murray. Can't get anymore boring than Chris Soules. To each their own I suppose.

Since you put it that way,   I  guess Pete isn't the worst thing that could happen.   Chris Soules should make youtube videos about anything, because they would be the perfect antidote for insomnia.  Most boring lead of all time.   

Tanner could be  dark horse.    He knows a lot of stuff about the show, it seems. 

Ugh, it'll be another shit season if Josh is the next Bachelor.  This season is turning in to a shitfest.  Hated Chris.  Hated Andi.  Hated Juan Pablo.  I can't remember the last season I really enjoyed.  I really wish that they would just get some new blood.

• Love 8
(edited)

Thanks!

One was definitely Meredith and Ian. Everyone knew she had no interest in Matt, so they had to edit in some fake conflict.

I'd like to see Josh or Ben Z as the next bachelor. They are both really cute (good reason, right?).

Edited by Kloie
  • Love 1

Please not Josh, with the drinking game-level reminisces of his pro baseball days and his blinding white smile framed by a distractingly sweaty face. I don't recall much in terms of conversation, interesting or otherwise. zzz

Ben H seems too decent to be TB, I'd hate to see him saddled with the usual crop of [fill in the blank with an array of less than stellar descriptors] women that are cast.

Arie seems a distant memory, but I still think he would've made for an entertaining season (especially in light of more recent Bachelor/ette history).

• Love 6
(edited)

I liked Josh, but really couldn't stand a season about baseball, business and his failed relationship with Andi.

Please show. Get someone new who's a good conversationalist (no more like Chris Soules), someone fun, who relates well to women and has a variety of interests.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 3

The show is very likely an actual "unnamed source" for US Weekly and People, which are generally more reputable when it comes to celebrity stuff. The others (In Touch, Star and OK!) are basically fan fiction.

Definitely agree about the others being fan fiction but US Weekly isn't in the same category as People. Most of the US stuff is made up junk too. The only one that gets stuff directly from the show is People and usually their blurbs are fluff p.r. pieces that the show is trying to sell.

• Love 1

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but I think they are setting up Jared as the next Bach.  He's cute and likable and also featured as a talking head.  I personally would enjoy a season with him, unless of course, TPTB, as they do, turn him into a total drip! 

One was definitely Meredith and Ian. Everyone knew she had no interest in Matt, so they had to edit in some fake conflict.

Like when she told Matt that she would be honored to accept his engagement ring, knowing that the very next day she was going to break his heart.  This is why I never got all the "Meredith love".  I think what she did to Matt was beyond cruel.  Because of that, she is one of my least favorite Bachelorettes. 

• Love 3

Reality Steve has a new blog up.

Anyway, repeated once again that its down to Ben H and Josh Murray for Bachelor and he's now hearing that Ben H is the lead contender.   But feels like that Ben's edit needs to really change in the coming weeks if he is going to really connect with the general watching public.  Getting to the final 3 should help his case.

Britt & Brady are done as a couple and have been for awhile.

The rest was about Bachelor in Paradise so I'll put that info in the appropriate thread in that forum.

• Love 1

Kaitlyn seemed to have two "regrets" after the Nick sleepover (or at least the show was edited to portray that).

1.  She expressed concern that Nick would reveal that they'd had sex while the show as still taping.  Which, if you're seriously worried about, ought to be a Red Flag if not a Dealbreaker; and

2.  She expressed concern that sleeping with Nick would cause he problems "long-term".  

The "long-term" problem I interpret as "once the episode airs" (as opposed to while they were still filming).  If she picks Nick as F1, no harm no foul.  (unless she's worried about getting buried by the other guys at the MTA and/or the ATFR.  But, more likely I think, is that she ends up with someone else (i.e. Shawn) and is worried how he'll react to seeing that episode.

I'd much rather watch Peter Brady as the bach than meathead Josh Murray. Can't get anymore boring than Chris Soules. To each their own I suppose.

Much rather have Ben H. than Josh (who I cannot stomach). That said, I think Ben H. is too good for the Bachelor family of fools.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

Seriously...

Okay, I'm a little lost - who is Peter Brady, is that Ben H.? Because I guess I can sort of see the resemblance but not really if that makes sense. I will agree with RS on one thing, that if they are considering Ben H,, his edit will definitely have to shift a little in the upcoming episodes. So far he's sort of just there and this week he was guilty of joining the "focusing on Nick" brigade rather than talking about Kaitlyn and his own feelings.

Jared is the only one so far who seems to get that he just has to focus on himself and his feelings with Kaitlyn and whatever Nick is or isn't doing and what she's doing with anyone else has nothing to do with him. I'll be interested to see how his elimination is played out because maybe he can build enough support from viewers that they might consider him even though he physically does nothing for me but as I've said,  I don't think I've ever been attracted to a Bachelor lead...ever. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

Britt & Brady are done as a couple and have been for awhile.

Brady seems to be a decent guy, but Britt can and will do better.  Given that for whatever reason Bachelor Nation hates her, she was wise to turn down the offer to join BIP.   In my opinion, the sooner she leaves this franchise behind, the better. 

• Love 6

The whole Britt/Brady thing seemed contrived and scripted from the first episode. While it seemed possible that it was real when we got the pre-broadcast spoilers, I no longer bought it after the first episode aired. Plus there was that photo of them a few weeks before the show began to air in which they were near each other, but not touching and not appearing interested in each other. That was a red flag. This whole thing with them was a bone that Fleiss tossed in the direction of the romantics IMO.

It would have been nice had it been true. It would have been nice for both of them, and many of the rest of us would have had an "aww, isn't that sweet!" moment. But no, it wasn't real.

• Love 5

Like when she told Matt that she would be honored to accept his engagement ring, knowing that the very next day she was going to break his heart.  This is why I never got all the "Meredith love".  I think what she did to Matt was beyond cruel.  Because of that, she is one of my least favorite Bachelorettes. 

Good to know someone else feels this way about Meredith, too. I know the pairing of her + Ian was very appealing but what she did to Matt--and telling his family she'd be looking forward to Xmas with them--was so unnecessary and so hurtful. I never understand why some of them do this kind of thing (Andi's another one).

Kaitlyn seems to be leading them on, too, probably for the same reason as Meredith and Andi,  to look desirable by having an F2 who both want you and want to propose to you.  I know that's the premise of the show (though engagement is not required), but I hate it when the leads say more than they have to in order to cruelly mislead a suitor/lead someone on.

I know that's the premise of the show (though engagement is not required), but I hate it when the leads say more than they have to in order to cruelly mislead a suitor/lead someone on.

It's possible to say absolutely nothing of substance with a lot of words.  It's a skill the best leads have.  They can convey the intent without actually lying.  

• Love 2

Shawn again said that they had hours of off-camera time.  Is this normal, or does production just not care about this season?

I think they all do this but it is rarely shown since the premise is dates only.  We saw Courtney sneak away in the ocean with Ben and that was reality gold so they showed it.  Sneaking to a hotel room when on location seems very easy to do.  I am guessing a lot to tip toeing goes on when camera and sound guys are sleeping. 

And I will add here that it was nasty of sound crew to put a mic up to the door (on floor) to catch Kaitlyn with Nick.  I bet she was horrified when she watched this episode.  

Reality Steve has said that in recent seasons, the lead can request alone time with any of the contestants, and they give it to them.  So obviously there is a lot more 1-on-1 time and private conversations being had than are filmed and shown.  

obviously there is a lot more 1-on-1 time and private conversations being had than are filmed and shown.  

I agree, and I'm sure there's LOTS more that isn't shown.
  • Love 1

And I will add here that it was nasty of sound crew to put a mic up to the door (on floor) to catch Kaitlyn with Nick.  I bet she was horrified when she watched this episode.

That really was a mean thing to do!

Good to know someone else feels this way about Meredith, too. I know the pairing of her + Ian was very appealing but what she did to Matt--and telling his family she'd be looking forward to Xmas with them--was so unnecessary and so hurtful. I never understand why some of them do this kind of thing (Andi's another one).

Kaitlyn seems to be leading them on, too, probably for the same reason as Meredith and Andi,  to look desirable by having an F2 who both want you and want to propose to you.  I know that's the premise of the show (though engagement is not required), but I hate it when the leads say more than they have to in order to cruelly mislead a suitor/lead someone on.

In Meredith's defense, she didn't tell Matt she would be honored to get an engagement ring from him she said she would be honored to get an engagement ring from someone like him. I am certain producers were very much at play and in her head. But yeah, it was Ian from day 1. And Matt didn't fare too badly since he met his wife thanks to Lanny and the show.

Topic? If Kaitlyn was so worried about the long term effects of sleeping with Nick on camera, maybe she shouldn't have. 

I want to say I really liked Chris Soules on Andi's season. He really seemed to balance her out. She had a lot of energy and he was mellow and helped her calm down. And then Chris was cardboard in own season. So Ben H could have a lot of personality yet to be revealed. It's hard to tell. I dislike Josh Murray, he had very little to say, little going on, and living in the past. If he is the next Bachelor, he would have to become future-oriented.

I initially came here to say I read an article that say Britt and Brady broke up. Not surprised. 

The only thing that surprised me about Britt and Brady is that they couldn't keep up the charade for a few more weeks, at least until ATFR. After all, they've probably had little to do with each other in what looked like a "fairy tale" (as in "pretend") romance from the beginning.

But my guess is that Britt might have actually started dating someone and the whole Brady thing was getting to be a drag, rather than a way to stay in the public view in a positive "romantic" way.

• Love 4

I completely agree that if the next Bachelor is Josh there needs to be a ban on baseball talk. No one else has gotten a strong enough edit this season except Shawn (winner) and Nick (they'd have to be insane). Jared might be the one addition but from what I see on SM his looks are polarizing. At least, Cupcake's profession is sellable (pearls of love, maybe even white roses for the RCs).

I hope it's not Josh. It may seem now like he's not that bad but I vividly remember his time on the show and he was even more self-absorbed than Andi. And that's saying something. He spent all his time talking about his past pro ball career and he was the type of guy that will relate everything back to his sports endeavour. So unattractive.

• Love 2

I hope it's not Josh. It may seem now like he's not that bad but I vividly remember his time on the show and he was even more self-absorbed than Andi. And that's saying something. He spent all his time talking about his past pro ball career and he was the type of guy that will relate everything back to his sports endeavour. So unattractive.

I couldn't stand his monotone, fast-talking!  I don't think I would watch an entire season of him.