Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 (Kaitlyn) Spoilers

• Start Topic

(edited)

Well, it turns out that Kaitlyn picked up ONE fan or booster in recent weeks.

This headline caught my eye (and I'm sure others have seen the reported tweets but I haven't seen that they've been mentioned it here yet) :
  'Huh? Brady Toops Thinks Kaitlyn Bristowe Is The "Most Real" Bachelorette'

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2015/06/30/huh-brady-toops-thinks-kaitlyn-bristowe-is-the-most-real-bachelorette/

So I checked the links to see if they were making this up or misreading the tweets (to Kaitlyn) by Brady Toops, Britt's now-long-distance boyfriend or former beau (depending on the article), and I saw these on his social media feeds.

On his Instagram, where he posted a photo of Kaitlyn and himself on the show:
June 22  Brady Toops

https://instagram.com/p/4QIAq-B1xq/
=====

"Tonight I'm rooting on @KaitlynBristowe.. anyone else tuning in to "The Bachelorette" on ABC? [This pic was from Night 1 when, for the fun of it, we pretended to dance like awkward middle schoolers cuz of my comment getting out of the limo.]  I still obviously stand by my decision to leave, but Kaitlyn really is such a beautiful person! And c'mon guys, @brittkarolina is obviously amazing as well! No haters please.. "
=====

To the uproar seen from some in the 200+ comments, Brady commented:

=====
  "bradytoops@belovedchild66 I guess you've never encountered the love, kindness & compassion of God. It changes how you look at people.. not counting their sins against them."

=====

[ That does match the philosophy he presented DURING the show. So, this is consistent. ]

On Twitter:

1. June 29

"I think Kaitlyn could be the most real bachelorette yet.. Props your way @kaitlynbristowe "

https://twitter.com/bradytoops/status/615717977309102080

2. July 6

"Props to @kaitlynbristowe for being honest.. that had to be super hard."

https://twitter.com/bradytoops/status/618221219301593089

The announcement of the long distance break between Britt and Brady was dated July 7.

Maybe Britt's mother was correct that she was seeing a 'friendship' and the show was trying to make more of it.

Edited by pitchy
  • Love 1

People mag has the latest up on their website that Britt/Brady broke up TWO months ago.  those of us that follow Reality Steve knew that back then as he had been reporting their demise for a long time now. 

As for Kaitlyn bringing Nick to the final 2 over her "real" final 2 choice, Ben, I can see her or someone in her camp leaking that to the tabloid press in order to please Shawn.  But I guess we'll never know what she really wanted besides having lots of guys fight over her.     I actually give her and Shawn a decent chance of lasting at least 6 months, just cause they both seem to love the drama attached to their relationship.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think it mattered who she brought as final two because he was never, ever going to be final one. That was Shawn's spot from the first impression rose on. There's no other reason for her putting up with all his baby dramatics. If I wasn't 100% sure he was the one, I'd have cut him as soon as he started acting like my only boyfriend and getting all jealous about Nick. But he's her first choice and the producers would clearly want his arch-nemesis Nick there for the whole ride, and given how much Kaitlyn thrives on the jealousy she was all for it.

I really kind of hate this season. And I sort of hate myself for watching. Oh, the shame!

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 5

Britt never fails to make me sick.

brittkarolina Yes, it is true--@bradytoops and i are no longer together. We had a wonderful, sweet, and life-giving relationship that I appreciated, learned from, and thoroughly enjoyed. Brady is one of the most genuine, godly, encouraging, generous, kind, intelligent, and all-around amazing men on the planet. We broke up a few months ago, after about two months of dating, but still remain very close friends. I couldn't be more blessed by who he is as a person--I will forever respect and adore him. We feel that God brought us into each other's lives for a purpose so we continue to support one another in all we do. Thank you for being so kind and caring as our journey unfolded on tv. We love you guys, and appreciate your investment in our relationship. Just because we didn't work out romantically doesn't mean we don't continue to value and love each other as brother and sister in Christ! We communicate candidly & frequently and will remain in each others lives as great friends. It was always a beautiful, honest, and valuable relationship, and continues to be. I believe that everything happens for a reason and our relationship made us both stronger! He is an incredible man of faith who gives great advice, loves God and people well, and blesses everyone around him just by being himself. I truly can't wait to see all the great things in store for him! I will ALWAYS be #teambrady! So, thank you for your support and encouragement, continued prayers, and mostly for respecting our private decisions and the (finally) public outcome! LOVE YOU GUYS! : @anthonyromanstudio via RELEVANT Mag

https://instagram.com/p/5PnuYekjvn/?taken-by=brittkarolina

• Love 5

Shut up Brady, you doofus  pantsed moron.   You too, Britt.  No one cares.   Now go down to the Y and see if they won't let the two of you finally shower off your accumulated grime and famewhore desperation stank. 

• Love 4

Hey, she may be fake, but she at least was classy with that announcement.

I'm embarrassed to say that was my reaction, too. Because I don't believe there was ever anything real about Britt and Brady as a couple and I think she's totally fake. However, fake or genuine, she always seems composed and classy in her reactions to others (if I've forgotten something bad from CS season, forgive me, I've tried to forget it completely). This announcement is at least a sweet and classy way to "break-up" with someone (i.e. she's not Andi). I give her credit for that, at least.

And, whatever nice things she says about Brady, he still seems like a grungy doofus to me. I'm sure Bachelor reunions will offer her a much better selection.

• Love 1
(edited)

I would say that Britt & Brady gave it a fair shot.  They tried it out for a few months, the way normal people do.  They decided they still like & respect each other and parted friends, like normal people do.  They aren't trashing each other, nor are they inflating their connection.  The way they met just happens to be outside of normal. 

At least they aren't faking an engagement to get further attention.  Neither seem to be looking for anything more than what they currently have. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 9

"Life-giving"? Did he get her pregnant?

That's exactly what I thought, too! Jeez, that was pretty over-the-top for dating for 2 months--most of it long distance, right? I also feel like she was evangelicalizing. No, I'm not interested in joining your religion and discussing whether I have Christ in my heart; you can keep your pamphlets for the next house (closes door). Maybe she would have been a good match for Sean.

• Love 6

I would say that Britt & Brady gave it a fair shot.  They tried it out for a few months, the way normal people do.  They decided they still like & respect each other and parted friends, like normal people do.  They aren't trashing each other, nor are they inflating their connection.  The way they met just happens to be outside of normal. 

At least they aren't faking an engagement to get further attention.  Neither seem to be looking for anything more than what they currently have. 

That's nice for anyone who felt there was something genuine about this. I felt it was just set up by the show, for the show, with very little genuine about it other than Brady's crush (in the beginning) and Britt's desire to spin something positive to the fans after losing out to Kaitlyn.

I didn't believe for one moment that they actually had a real relationship beyond going for coffee, then walking on the beach together, maybe going out for a dinner, to please the Bachelor producers.  We don't know what really took place though, so one guess is as good as another.

• Love 5
(edited)

Brittbrady is no less genuine than the franchise itself. Seemed like he was set up with her (like many IRL dates), they hung out, they are friends.

Indeed. It was sort of like matchmaking, which sometimes works out and often doesn't. Maybe if they'd lived in the same place, they would have lasted longer - or shorter.

What were were shown of them together had a veneer of Bachelor-ness that they wouldn't have had if they'd just met through friends. When my now-husband and I were dating a matter of weeks, we just went on dates and spent more and more time together. We talked about his work, my grad school, sports, movies, family, topics often too boring for the show -- we didn't  talk about how our relationship was developing and how we felt about our feelings.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 4

As much as I'm really hoping that the Men Tell All will be a spectacular trainwreck, I am now thinking that it may be really boring as several of the men went on to Bachelor In Paradise and a couple may be holding out to be the Bachelor. In that case I think they will edit themselves so as to not get on the wrong side of the producers and try to keep on the Bachelor fame train. When I thought of this it really made me sad as I want fireworks tomorrow night.

• Love 3

As much as I'm really hoping that the Men Tell All will be a spectacular trainwreck, I am now thinking that it may be really boring as several of the men went on to Bachelor In Paradise and a couple may be holding out to be the Bachelor. In that case I think they will edit themselves so as to not get on the wrong side of the producers and try to keep on the Bachelor fame train. When I thought of this it really made me sad as I want fireworks tomorrow night.

No fireworks from the ones TB can still get mileage from as TB or through BiP. But, villains are often welcome at BiP so Chris Harrison may bait a few of them. And for the ones who have no chance of doing either (my guess--like Clint and Ian, who were both trainwrecks)--he'll go after them for some embarrassing moments and dirt. Plus, the producers still seem PO'd at Kaitlyn and might not care about bachelors wanting to bad-mouth her.

I may be wrong, but I think this has awesome trainwreck potential.

Ugh to Britt's announcement.  Let me say, I have no problem with people sharing their Christianity, as I think that is something to celebrate for those of us that share those same feelings.  But there is something about how some people say these things--it is as if they have their own language, and feel they must always talk just like that to exclaim their love for Christ/Christianity.  And I find it comes across as not very sincere or real....  I know a few people that have a similar writing style when it comes to things like this, and they are great, loving people, but I just can't relate to how they say it.  It is as if they think Christ can't relate to them as a normal speaking person and will only love them if they speak in this flowery way of speaking.  

• Love 8

The preview I saw last night has Chris Harrison scolding people for making nasty comments about poor wittle Kaitlyn and boohooing from her. Um, hello, Show, did you not present this Bachelorette in the worst possible light and from the getgo alienate half of your audience by having a second candidate? Please fall off your high horses asap.

• Love 9

The preview I saw last night has Chris Harrison scolding people for making nasty comments about poor wittle Kaitlyn and boohooing from her. Um, hello, Show, did you not present this Bachelorette in the worst possible light and from the getgo alienate half of your audience by having a second candidate? Please fall off your high horses asap.

Well it's what they did with Britt. They edited her as fake, someone who just said what she thought Chris wanted to hear, etc. and yet acted shocked that the viewers were not as in love with and rooting for her when the season ended. 

We had a wonderful, sweet, and life-giving relationship that I appreciated, learned from, and thoroughly enjoyed.

"Life-giving"? Did he get her pregnant?

She doesn't know what life-giving means.  She's just trying to use words with a lot of syllables in them to sound like a deep thinker.

• Love 1
I didn't believe for one moment that they actually had a real relationship beyond going for coffee, then walking on the beach together, maybe going out for a dinner, to please the Bachelor producers.

...and probably organized and PAID for by the producers.

Ugh to Britt's announcement.  Let me say, I have no problem with people sharing their Christianity, as I think that is something to celebrate for those of us that share those same feelings.  But there is something about how some people say these things--it is as if they have their own language, and feel they must always talk just like that to exclaim their love for Christ/Christianity.  And I find it comes across as not very sincere or real....  I know a few people that have a similar writing style when it comes to things like this, and they are great, loving people, but I just can't relate to how they say it.  It is as if they think Christ can't relate to them as a normal speaking person and will only love them if they speak in this flowery way of speaking.

That kind of over-the-top gushing seems to come with Christianity-As-Latest-Addiction Syndrome.
  • Love 2

Yeah, somehow,  I tend to react badly to people who were on a TV dating show where they make out with others they barely know, crawl into bed with a "bachelor farmer",  compete with other women to get attention, and then do the "Christian"  act.    This is not a chaste, blessed, TV version of "Christian Mingle.com", it's the freaking Bachelor/ette, with makeout sessions, overnight dates, guys having sex with one woman, then proposing to another.  Don't bring Jesus into it when it's over, because you didn't bring him into it when you were ON  the show. 

• Love 6

Don't bring Jesus into it when it's over, because you didn't bring him into it when you were ON  the show. 

Many leads and contestants (Desiree Hartsock comes to mind--I've noticed plenty of others) are much more religious than you could tell from what was broadcast. We don't know what conversations are edited out to keep the show away from topics like religion and politics.

• Love 4

I wonder if this is coming out now because they're planning to bring Brady on tonight for "the most dramatic rose ceremony ever" and revisit their "blessed" (two week) "relationship" so want to have them both spinning the breakup beforehand.

Yahoo has an article about her final dress https://www.yahoo.com/style/exclusive-see-what-bachelorette-kaitlyn-124331393978.html

It's a beautiful dress, but would have looked a lot better, imo, before they "tarted it up" by making the slit longer than the original (which -she- apparently was perfectly happy with) so that it almost reaches her crotch.  No elegance for Kaitlyn, show!!

(edited)

I think it looks hideous in that photo.  The color blends into her skin, it makes her arms look like they're sticking out of her neck and makes her thighs look twice as wide as they are.  She's been looking frail as it is, but that dress just sucks every bit of life out of that girl.   Every single other dress she's worn has been better. 

I hope for her sake it looks better in motion.

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

Cut the crap, Britt.. you may have a lot of Instagram followers but you weren't Brad and Angie so the over the top announcement was eye roll worthy. Especially after a mere 2 months of dating. Has this girl ever had a serious relationship? She seems really immature particularly about dating. And I suspect it's likely because she can't be bothered to put energy into liking someone nearly as much as she is enamored with herself.

• Love 3

Cut the crap, Britt.. you may have a lot of Instagram followers but you weren't Brad and Angie so the over the top announcement was eye roll worthy. Especially after a mere 2 months of dating. Has this girl ever had a serious relationship? She seems really immature particularly about dating. And I suspect it's likely because she can't be bothered to put energy into liking someone nearly as much as she is enamored with herself.

I think the article said two weeks so it was over before the show even began. (And personally I don't think it ever "started" beyond the chance for both of them to get a bit more camera time and fan interest.) So contrived. 

(edited)

I love the final dress. And jeez, the comments on that article are harsh. I do think she'd look great with her hair up, like how she had it during her elimination last season.

That final dress is the usual crap with the illusion and the bedazzling. I liked it better when I first saw it on Marlene Dietrich. In the 1950s. Marlene had the figure for it. K doesn't.

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 2

I think Kaitlyn slipped up and gave away the F1 on tonight's show. She was talking about going too far with Nick and telling Shawn about it, and she said, "He knows I feel guilty about it." Present tense, not past tense. I think it was a dead giveaway. Anyone else notice this?

• Love 1

I thought she gave it away twice, first by explaining to Ben H and us that she had to tell Shawn he was the one because she was afraid he was going home (why would she care if he weren't "the one") and then with her half-assed reason for telling only Shawn about her "off-camera" time with Nick (again, why bother if he's not "the one").

• Love 1

she had to tell Shawn he was the one because she was afraid he was going home (why would she care if he weren't "the one")

I didn't see this yet.  So she admitted she told someone a lie just to keep him there?  Keeping it classy there, Kaitlyn..

(edited)

Well it wasn't really a lie was it, considering she did pick him. I think it's more that she realized how arrogant, possessive and territorial Shawn was, which she probably found a turn on instead of creepy as I would, and told him he was the one to ensure that he didn't think about leaving and stuck around. Basically she knew he would need that kind of reassurance. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

I thought on the reunion it seemed like they weren't even trying to hide that she picked Shawn. Both Kaitlyn and Chris Harrison were just acting like it was a done deal. Maybe my perception was colored because I read spoilers...but it seemed so obvious. 

• Love 3

Maybe, but after last night's MRA, Mr MML turned to me and said he doesn't want thoroughly spoiled me to tell him who Kaitlyn picks, but he is going to be so mad if she picks that creep Nick. So maybe it is not obvious to the unspoiled (or to the totally clueless, like Mr MML).

That's funny because I had the opposite situation. My unspoiled friend who knows I'm totally spoiled said to me that Kaitlyn could not possibly have chosen that sweaty, greasy, possessive guy - i.e. Shawn. I don't have the heart to disappoint her. 

• Love 3

I think Kaitlyn slipped up and gave away the F1 on tonight's show. She was talking about going too far with Nick and telling Shawn about it, and she said, "He knows I feel guilty about it." Present tense, not past tense. I think it was a dead giveaway. Anyone else notice this?

Yeah, she definitely gave it away. She said the sex with Nick was a mistake, even though this far she's been claiming she doesn't regret it, just the timing of it. Now she plain called it a mistake, then said that "Shawn knows I feel that way". Can't really make it any more obvious. Chris Harrison even made a face like "oh here we go again". She's such a ditz.

• Love 5

Of course Show could easily have edited out or retaped any spoiling Kaitlyn might have done on the MTA (unlike her snapchatting or whatever she might say on the live ATFR) so it must have been okay with tptb.

• Love 2

I think the "tell" was when Ben H. asked Kaitlyn why she hadn't told him that she'd slept with Nick, when she told Shawn.  

She said something to the effect "if I'd have gotten to that point with you, I would have told you."  Assuming the spoiler is correct, then I think she meant, "if I'd decided that you were the F1 (as I did with Shawn) I would've told you instead."  

I'm not sure someone who's unspoiled would've picked up on that, though.

Frankly, I think her talk during the season about not wanting her sex with Nick to ruin things for her "long term" was the major giveaway.  She was obviously referring to things being ruined after the season starts airing and her sex with Nick is revealed that way.  Should wouldn't be concerned about that if she ended up choosing Nick.  

• Love 4

Frankly, I think her talk during the season about not wanting her sex with Nick to ruin things for her "long term" was the major giveaway.  She was obviously referring to things being ruined after the season starts airing and her sex with Nick is revealed that way.  Should wouldn't be concerned about that if she ended up choosing Nick.

I agree.  And I also think, as I have from the minute he showed up, that Kaitlyn and Nick have hooked up prior to him being on the show.  

The way she greeted him was NOT the way you greet someone you've never met in person before. 

• Love 5
(edited)

The headline "CH Says Kaitlyn Bristowe 'Deeply Loves' Shawn Boothe" and article makes me feel, reading between the lines, that Shawn is PO'd about what he's seen on this season (also my thought about why she posted the Snapchat image) and that CH is afraid they're not even going to still be together by the time of ATFR.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/bachelorettes-chris-harrison-kaitlyn-bristowe-deeply-loves-shawn-000605842-us-weekly.html

I don't like Shawn, but I wouldn't blame him if he decided to breakup after seeing the show. If that's how someone acts when they tell you you're "the one" and even when they know you have "trust issues", why think you can have a committed relationship together? Obviously Kaitlyn has more feelings for Shawn than the other men but I don't think they are very deep at all. Why -not- find someone else? After you've been on television, there are even more chances for hot bar hookups than with "famous country singers" (See Soules, Chris). 

It may be the ATFR that's the "most shocking" of all, especially if the "happy couple" isn't even speaking to each other any more.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 3
(edited)

I don't like Shawn, but I wouldn't blame him if he decided to breakup after seeing the show. If that's how someone acts when they tell you you're "the one" and even when they know you have "trust issues", why think you can have a committed relationship together? Obviously Kaitlyn has more feelings for Shawn than the other men but I don't think they are very deep at all. Why -not- find someone else? After you've been on television, there are even more chances for hot bar hookups than with "famous country singers" (See Soules, Chris). 

It may be the ATFR that's the "most shocking" of all, especially if the "happy couple" isn't even speaking to each other any more.

Reality Steve claims they are happily together but since he has been off this season, I'm not sure if I believe that or not.   So them showing up at the After the final rose show not so happily together won't surprise me.   

Shawn has to have serious doubts after watching back this season plus he's been out of the bubble for a couple of months now so he could have a clearer head.  

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 2

I don't care about them as a couple, but as a spoiler tracker, I'll say I can buy it that they're currently doing well (which does not imply any long-term success). She seems like a cat who can't resist a treat dangled in front of her, like on the show, but maybe she can tone it down or doesn't have the impulse to stray when she's in a more normal environment. And maybe that would make him not so insecure.

• Love 1
(edited)

I just wonder if, outside of Bachelor Stockholm Syndrome-ville, Kaitlyn would no longer seem like such a prize to Shawn, especially after seeing the season and also now that he gets to have all the extra female attention from being a "celebrity".  She's cute and apparently sexy, but there are an awful lot of women in any LA bar who are better looking and with how easily it sounds like -he- hooks up (too), I'll actually be surprised if they're still "committed" much less (supposedly) "in love" by ATFR.

Maybe they'll both get what they came in for from this show--especially if its a better selection of one-night stands. (Yes, I'm really no fan of either one of them. Nothing wrong with people who want casual sex, but these two just seem so mind-numbingly dumb, and not in an endearing, kind or charming way. Just in a self-centered selfish way. I don't feel that way about Nick, but these two? Ugh.)

Edited by Padma
  • Love 2

I just read that two former Bachelors (now married...not to each other) will be on Celebrity Wife Swap.  Sean Lowe and Jason Mesnick.   So...these Bachelor/Bachelorette participants now have THIRTY minutes of famewhoredom instead of the traditional fifteen.

• Love 1