Type keyword(s) to search

Best of the Bachelor: Favorite Contestants, Episodes, Seasons

regardez
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I didn't like the slap either and thought it got too much attention. 

The scene with Brad in the chair and Michelle Money ordering him around... it was just as awkward on second watch LOL. Brad's body language showed how uncomfortable he was with the whole thing. I think MM was a bit too much for Brad. He struck me as the pursuer type, which played well with Emily as she stayed a few steps back in the beginning while the other women were clamoring for him.

I remember Brad doing an impromptu picnic for her during a group activity. It took everyone by surprise and showed me he how interested he was in Emily. 

I know he has moved on but when he mentioned the "200 voicemails" or hang-ups (something like that) he left there was a note in his voice that made me think he's holding onto some feelings for her. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

I didn't like the slap either and thought it got too much attention. 

The scene with Brad in the chair and Michelle Money ordering him around... it was just as awkward on second watch LOL. Brad's body language showed how uncomfortable he was with the whole thing. I think MM was a bit too much for Brad. He struck me as the pursuer type, which played well with Emily as she stayed a few steps back in the beginning while the other women were clamoring for him.

I remember Brad doing an impromptu picnic for her during a group activity. It took everyone by surprise and showed me he how interested he was in Emily. 

I know he has moved on but when he mentioned the "200 voicemails" or hang-ups (something like that) he left there was a note in his voice that made me think he's holding onto some feelings for her. 

Well the good thing is that Michelle cringed when watching herself back in her interview with Chris.  She has grown up quite a bit and is kind of refreshingly normal now I think, lol.  But def that was a weird scene for sure!

The slap was super annoying, but thankfully she said in her interview she didn't mean for it to be like that or that hard--she just got really nervous and it came out different than she planned.  I didn't like it either or that people celebrated the slap at the time--because Brad was never a bad guy to begin with.  He had more morals than most people that have ever been on that show.  Anyway...it sounds like she feels she didn't mean for it to be such a thing or so hard.

I am guessing his comments about Emily were more to stress that he really did fall for her.  I think if he sounds like he has feelings now, it is more of that cringe-y type thing you feel about your past behavior--knowing how vulnerable you were and you feel kind of weird about it.

• Love 1

I have really enjoyed the past 2 recap episodes, but it's also been a painful reminder that this show is far from what it once was.  The Bachelor & Bachelorette were always must-watch-live TV for me, but I actually skipped Peter's season altogether.  My interest really started to drop during Colton and Hannah's seasons.  When the leads and the majority of the contestants started being younger than me and only there for Instagram fame, I started to check out.  I'm cautiously optimistic about Clare's season since she's older and they re-casted with more men over 30. 

The producers ought to be thanking Brad for his decision to not pick anyone.   That decision has been fodder for them for years.  And I still don't understand why Deanna got all the attention as if she was the only one he didn't pick.  He rejected both Jenni and Deanna.   Kudos to Jenni & Chantal for staying away from Bachelor Nation.  

Going back to the recap of Trista's season, I was so glad to see Charlie again.  I had such a crush on him & thought Trista should've picked him.  I'm never into the guys who sing or write poems for the leads, so Ryan didn't do much for me.  But it was quickly apparent that Trista  & Ryan were the real deal, and I'm happy they have lasted.  She made the right decision for her.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I have really enjoyed the past 2 recap episodes, but it's also been a painful reminder that this show is far from what it once was.  The Bachelor & Bachelorette were always must-watch-live TV for me, but I actually skipped Peter's season altogether.  My interest really started to drop during Colton and Hannah's seasons.  When the leads and the majority of the contestants started being younger than me and only there for Instagram fame, I started to check out.  I'm cautiously optimistic about Clare's season since she's older and they re-casted with more men over 30. 

It's like I wrote the above since that describes me exactly. It was no fun to watch Colton, and Hannah was even worse, so Peter's season didn't even exist in my world. I even quit watching DWTS because of Hannah. Found out some weeks after that season ended that she won. Eh.

Hoping for a return to the old days with Clare.

I have a friend who grew up in Colorado with Trista's Ryan, went to school with him all the way through college and they are still friends to this day. What people don't know, it was never stated in the news or online, was that Ryan was drafted by a pro football team out of college. His first day of practice as a rookie, he was tackled by a regular team member while they were on the way to the field and was so badly injured he could never play. His payout from NFL made him a millionaire. So all the spec at the time about Trista settling for a volunteer fireman's salary made me smile. My friend's parents were at the Trista/Ryan pink wedding.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

It's like I wrote the above since that describes me exactly. It was no fun to watch Colton, and Hannah was even worse, so Peter's season didn't even exist in my world. I even quit watching DWTS because of Hannah. Found out some weeks after that season ended that she won. Eh.

Hoping for a return to the old days with Clare.

I have a friend who grew up in Colorado with Trista's Ryan, went to school with him all the way through college and they are still friends to this day. What people don't know, it was never stated in the news or online, was that Ryan was drafted by a pro football team out of college. His first day of practice as a rookie, he was tackled by a regular team member while they were on the way to the field and was so badly injured he could never play. His payout from NFL made him a millionaire. So all the spec at the time about Trista settling for a volunteer fireman's salary made me smile. My friend's parents were at the Trista/Ryan pink wedding.

Wow, that is interesting!  I figured their extra money was just from bachelorette stuff.  Interesting....

I loved Brad. I feel for him that he took so much heat for picking no one, blamed himself and that he felt he needed therapy.  That was possibly one of the smartest moves in Bachelor history. 

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Fable said:

I loved Brad. I feel for him that he took so much heat for picking no one

I loved him for picking no one because he could easily have just picked one for the sake of it and done the whole publicity run like the rest of them before breaking up with her. Instead, he actually followed his heart, which told him none of them were the right woman for me. Good for him! 

I hate that anyone made him feel wrong for that. The expectations of this show are absurd. I wouldn't want some guy I just met to propose to me after dumping his other 25 girlfriends. 

• Love 8

I heard CH ask Brad about buying the engagement ring and then not giving it to anyone after he spent all that money. Then when he proposed to Emily, he held up a ring box with no ads on it. Meaning, no Neil Lane. Does anyone know when Neil Lane came on board and started giving rings away? (I know, I know, they only get to keep the ring if the engagement pans out.) And where and how the Bachelor bought the rings in these early seasons? Neil Lane is such an institution now, we all laugh about the great vacations he gets so he can show his box of rings on camera.

• Love 2

I remember the big thing with Brad picking no one wasn't so much that he didn't choose, but that he couldn't articulate his reasoning. I think that was what Chris was referring to with his narrative. He kept saying he loved them. It was a frustrating circular conversation. 

I thought it was great didn't pick anyone if he didn't feel it. However, I did find him frustrating afterwards. I also understood why Deanna was ticked. He really needed to just come out and say something about loving her, but not being in love with her or just not feeling this could last -- something to give her closure, but he didn't.

• Love 2

I never was a Sean Lowe fan and was disappointed when he was chosen as TB. Last night's recap was pretty good though, maybe because it was not mentioned once his hook of being a "born again virgin." We got pounded with that during his season. After the televised wedding, they also skipped reshowing the train blasting through the tunnel when the camera focused on the outside window of their wedding-night room when its lights went off.

This show has never been subtle or less than tacky.

I always thought Sean was dippy looking, although I have to say he still looks the same today, half dippy, half handsome, and now he seems like a nice guy. Perhaps he always was, and comparing him to the JOs that are on this franchise now, he was one of the reals.

I remember during his season Catherine was barely seen, and she was a shocker to be chosen at the end. Other posters (on TWoP then) figured she was the one because she got the best "she's it" music. But editing did not let us consider her. Which made us think Sean knew he was choosing her from the get-go so editing had to hide her from us.

I swear they rode off on an elephant after the engagement, but maybe not or for sure CH would have shown that.

I remember being so "WTH" about Tiara. When she's so "freeing cold" from being in the lake, she has one hand sticking out of the blanket like a frozen claw when if it were real, she would have put that hand in her armpit to warm it up. She might have been one of the early producer plants. Who knows.

Was nice to see AshLee but no mention of what her life is like now. Like everyone is suppose to be happily married with a ton load of kids and you're a failure if that's not it.

Was a hoot to see Des's tatted up brother. That was quite the event at the time, lots of discussion about tat bro back then. He was a real high (low?) point of Sean's season.

I thought for sure Sean/Catherine were going to announce baby four was on its way.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Tierra was one of the best villains.

So funny, thanks for correctly spelling her name. I kept wanting Sean to say, "Tiara, you mean like the diamond crown?" when they were together. I guess I thought "tiara" was where her sparkle came from.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I had forgotten how lawyer Craig R annoyed me on Ali's season.  He was really trying out to be the next Bachelor on the Men Tell All.

I am enjoying Ali's season.  She had a lot of entertaining guys on her season.  They were not all entertaining for the right reason.  

• Love 4

Ali's season is one of my favorites.  Lots of great guys that are still friends today.  Has a final 2 ever been as close as Chris and Roberto!?

I still think 10 years later that Frank was her true final 1.

And lawyer Craig grew on me after the fact, especially how he reacted to Gia's suicide. 

• Love 3

I LOVED watching Ali's season.  Holy shit!!!!!!  That was amazing, it was like it was all scripted.  it was like a Hollywood movie.  It was so exciting.  So many ups and downs.  I truly, really enjoyed it.  The best part of it all it was that one rare season that WAS NOT spoiled for me!  99% of these seasons are spoiled for me and it's so awful!  I hate being spoiled.

Ali and Roberto were so sexy!  So passionate. They looked like a celebrity couple like Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias.  The whole thing was so hot!

Frank seemed really cute too and he came off as so intelligent.  

Ali's husband is so cute.  I wish Chris spoke to him.

How many times did Chris say MAN DRAMA?  He said it every commercial break and I was getting so upset I finally muted him.  His commentary between clips is so fucking pointless and ruins or spoils things anyway.  MAN DRAMA is a sexist, redundant phrase, assuming that all drama is inherently female.  It really really angered me.  I suggest muting Chris from here on out.

Also, why would Chris endorse what Rated R did by having him back on the show?!

I'm so excited to see Chris Mesnick's season.  JILLIAN!  I LOVE HER!  Oh god, Oh god, I hope they show Jillian's season!!!!!!!!  

• Love 4

I never saw Ali’s season and I really enjoyed it! I knew of it on a surface level (the glacier 2 on 1, the tattoo, Rated R) since those are pretty much Bachelorette folklore now and I liked seeing it fleshed out. Can’t wait for next week!

Also the double tank top look of the aught 10s. I owned SO many tank tops.  Old Navy took all my money that year.  😂

• Love 5

I never watched Ali’s season so I appreciated this recap show. I can now see why people like her so much. And is it just me or are these older seasons not so mired in Bachelor-speak? It seems like people had actual conversations about real things. Now it is all just word salad with the occasional tragic backstory mixed in. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I LOVED watching Ali's season.  Holy shit!!!!!!  That was amazing, it was like it was all scripted.  it was like a Hollywood movie.  It was so exciting.  So many ups and downs.  I truly, really enjoyed it.  The best part of it all it was that one rare season that WAS NOT spoiled for me!  99% of these seasons are spoiled for me and it's so awful!  I hate being spoiled.

Ali and Roberto were so sexy!  So passionate. They looked like a celebrity couple like Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias.  The whole thing was so hot!

Frank seemed really cute too and he came off as so intelligent.  

Ali's husband is so cute.  I wish Chris spoke to him.

How many times did Chris say MAN DRAMA?  He said it every commercial break and I was getting so upset I finally muted him.  His commentary between clips is so fucking pointless and ruins or spoils things anyway.  MAN DRAMA is a sexist, redundant phrase, assuming that all drama is inherently female.  It really really angered me.  I suggest muting Chris from here on out.

Also, why would Chris endorse what Rated R did by having him back on the show?!

I'm so excited to see Chris Mesnick's season.  JILLIAN!  I LOVE HER!  Oh god, Oh god, I hope they show Jillian's season!!!!!!!!  

I must not have paid much attention to the man drama parts, but I would take it more that he is saying they are just as able to do drama as women are--not something against women.

As for Rated R coming on for the interview, it has been 10 years and like everyone else they bring back, they grow up.  I love seeing interviews with the contestants from many years back to see how much they have changed and grown up, etc.  I especially love when they can talk about what happened and you can tell they are well past that stage.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

JILLIAN!  I LOVE HER!  Oh god, Oh god, I hope they show Jillian's season!!!!!!!!  

I loved her season! She was so fun! I doubt they will air it, though.

How many more weeks of this are left?

• Love 2

I never liked Ali and I did not like her season one bit, but the recap cut all the stuff out that made me dislike her, so I very much enjoyed the recap and now like her. Funny what editing can do! Also proves this show would be better if it were condensed down to one episode per person. Heh.

The image of Kasey on the glacier, getting smaller and smaller, alone in the great white frozen expanse as the helicopter flew higher is an image that stuck in my mind all these years later as the most brutal good bye in Bach history. I just didn't remember it was All's season and the two-on-one with Rated R. I thought it was Jillian's and he was kicked off the train in the BC mountains. Although I guess the end was the same.

Nice to know Kasey finally found a heart to love and protect. He'd be a great partner for the right person.

I didn't remember Chris being on the show much less Ali's second one standing. But I did know he went on to have his own HGTV show with some other Bach woman so he recovered nicely.

I did remember the proposal, with Roberto being all sweaty and wearing a suit too small. Although today, 10 years later, the tiny suits are in style so he looked okay last night.

I didn't remember Roberto being so smoking HOT and smart and everything else. Wowza, he was some catch. Probably the best Bach contestant ever for looks and resume. Although JP is right up there too.

I was disappointed they did not show Kirk's hometown, the guy from Green Bay whose dad had a basement freezer full of dead animals to taxidermy. I think after HTs, Kirk was the one sent home because of dad. Kirk was one of my favorites, handsome and seemed a nice guy. I remember he was a runner, marathons or something. We got a couple glimpses of him last night.

They also didn't show Ali's meltdowns in the hotel when she fake collapsed in the hotel hallway after some emotional trauma. She got made fun of a lot for that, and when some future B-ette did the same, she got called "Ali."

Which reminds me, CH made me laugh when announcing next week he said Jason did a "Full Mesnick." Ya'll will get to see where that term originated, although no one since has done it as well as the person it was named for.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Didn't Ali collapse in the hallway on Jake the pilot's season before she left?  I thought I remembered that.  Or did she collapse on her own season too?  I am probably getting all the seasons mixed up.  But I thought she left on Jake's season because of her job.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

Didn't Ali collapse in the hallway on Jake the pilot's season before she left?  I thought I remembered that.  Or did she collapse on her own season too?  I am probably getting all the seasons mixed up.  But I thought she left on Jake's season because of her job.

You are probably correct. I totally forgot Ali left someone's season for her job. We all wondered if that was a bogus excuse at the time. Maybe that's why she made such a big deal about having left EVERYTHING, including her job, last night.

I was thinking Jake's Wings of Love season should be one of the recaps. His split with Vienna was epic!

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Didn't Ali collapse in the hallway on Jake the pilot's season before she left?

You are correct. I disliked Ali on Jake the fake's season b/c she was a mean girl. Although for the life of me I cannot remember to whom. Maybe Vienna? Anyway that "melt down " in the hallway was so fake and calculated. I always thought it was her Bachelorette audition. I disliked her even more after that.

ROBERTO!!!😍🔥 Smoking hot! Ay papi! Ali was lucky to have him. He was so kind and loving, too. But who knows what goes on behind closed doors. Ali said they were just too different .  I wish Chris H had done a catch up with Roberto...my most favorite contestant ever! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

ROBERTO!!!😍🔥 Smoking hot! Ay papi! Ali was lucky to have him. He was so kind and loving, too. But who knows what goes on behind closed doors. Ali said they were just too different .  I wish Chris H had done a catch up with Roberto...my most favorite contestant ever! 

Didn't get to see Ali's season when it first aired, but yes, Roberto was hot in the recap!  Seemed like a dream guy.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I disliked Ali on Jake the fake's season b/c she was a mean girl. Although for the life of me I cannot remember to whom. Maybe Vienna? Anyway that "melt down " in the hallway was so fake and calculated. I always thought it was her Bachelorette audition. I disliked her even more after that.

Thanks for reminding me why I disliked Ali so much and disliked her season even more. I was not happy when she got the B-ette role. I didn't even pay attention to how smokin' Rubber Toe was back then! The recap really cleaned up her reputation and made her look good.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Thanks for reminding me why I disliked Ali so much and disliked her season even more.

Same.  The only part of her season I really liked was when she met Roberto's father and he made it pretty clear he thought his handsome son could do better.  She was always so much more into Roberto than he was into her.  One time she was kissing all over him and he told her not to do it so much, he seemed really smothered by her.

• Love 2
On 8/4/2020 at 7:05 PM, saber5055 said:

You are probably correct. I totally forgot Ali left someone's season for her job. We all wondered if that was a bogus excuse at the time. Maybe that's why she made such a big deal about having left EVERYTHING, including her job, last night.

I was thinking Jake's Wings of Love season should be one of the recaps. His split with Vienna was epic!

The show didn't say, but Ali's job back then was at Facebook! At the time, I remember people joking that it wasn't much of a choice.

• Love 2

OMG, watching Brad Womack castigate himself for refusing to pretend to be in love when he wasn't makes me cringe.

Brad's "sin" at the end of his first season, was refusing to play along with the fantasy -- that he'd found everlasting love -- even though he knew he hadn't. We all know most of the leads don't find their spouses on this show, but they're supposed to pretend they did until the cameras stop rolling.

He refused to lie. What a jackass.

Seriously. Apparently producers would've preferred he looked one of two women the eye and proposed dishonestly.

What am I saying? Of course they would've preferred that. 

• Love 4

Jason’s was truly one of the best seasons. It was imo the most memorable at the time and I’ve enjoyed it the best of all the best seasons series so far. Glad it had a happy ending. The best part of this series is seeing where they are now of all the interviewed contestants. 

• Love 4

I see Melissa is still sticking to the victim script and not admitting she'd gone back to her boyfriend.  And ugh, I'd forgotten how she referred to herself in the third person.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Omg not the Vile season! Ugh!!!

Damn!  One I've already seen.  Too bad.  I honestly think that it was a fun season but I'd like to see all the old schoolers first, like Jillian etc.  I've never seen Andi's season, any of the seasons before Kaitlyn's.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Regarding Melissa and the AFTR I thought it was widely known that they had already broken up before filming AFTR. Am I not remembering that correctly?

I was thinking they just weren’t quite clicking but hadn’t officially done anything about it.  But I am not sure.

• Love 2

My big takeaway is that I still don't like Jason.

What the hell did Jillian do to her hair and eyebrows? Black eyebrows with blond hair is a pet peeve of mine.

I couldn't figure out who that stranger was talking about the "club" of bachelorettes.  And didn't figure it out until Chris Harrison said her name.

Jillian would look a lot better if she went back to the dark hair and got rid of the botox and fillers.

• Love 3

I don't remember much from the original season but watching it back, it seemed so scripted. The chat between Jason and Chris with all the pauses and looks...ugh. Jason was definitely coached. And all the 'you're making a mistake' from Molly really rubbed me the wrong way.

Filming the break up was in poor taste. Didn't like it here and didn't like it with the race car driver guy. There's no way that Molly didn't know what was going on ahead of time. 

I tend not to believe the love stories that are shown during the season because so much is manipulated for ratings. It's a fun show to laugh at but I have to agree with @nittanycougar in that I don't like Jason. And, yeah, Jillian has to really tone down the eyebrows.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I felt a little let down that we didn’t get to see teenage Ty since we saw so much of little Ty.  Guess you can’t coax a teen to do something he really doesn’t want to do.

Stephanie’s daughter seemed more than willing to take her shot at social media “fame” but I’m guessing Ty just isn’t interested in the attention. 

1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

I felt a little let down that we didn’t get to see teenage Ty since we saw so much of little Ty.  Guess you can’t coax a teen to do something he really doesn’t want to do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I noticed Jason lied to Chris about not talking to Molly.  Melissa came on and said Jillian had told her that Molly said her and Jason had talked.  Molly seemed determined to get Jason.  I had visions of her making love potions to make Jason come back to her.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

My big takeaway is that I still don't like Jason.

What the hell did Jillian do to her hair and eyebrows? Black eyebrows with blond hair is a pet peeve of mine.

I couldn't figure out who that stranger was talking about the "club" of bachelorettes.  And didn't figure it out until Chris Harrison said her name.

Jillian would look a lot better if she went back to the dark hair and got rid of the botox and fillers.

It’s sad really . Jillian is one of the most unrecognizable people from the franchise . She looks almost as bad as Amanda from the very first season. I thought Botox , fillers and the like we’re supposed to enhance a persons looks , not make them look like a freak! Two women who were very pretty before . 

20 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Regarding Melissa and the AFTR I thought it was widely known that they had already broken up before filming AFTR. Am I not remembering that correctly?

Yes that is my recollection as well. It came out that he regretted letting molly go and they were in touch shortly after the season ended . The other rumor is that melissa agreed to be humiliated and say “ I’m so mad at you “ because she knew it would lead to dancing on the stars . I tend to beleive it,

• Love 1
On 8/9/2020 at 6:23 PM, the-grey-lady said:

OMG, watching Brad Womack castigate himself for refusing to pretend to be in love when he wasn't makes me cringe.

Brad's "sin" at the end of his first season, was refusing to play along with the fantasy -- that he'd found everlasting love -- even though he knew he hadn't. We all know most of the leads don't find their spouses on this show, but they're supposed to pretend they did until the cameras stop rolling.

He refused to lie. What a jackass.

Seriously. Apparently producers would've preferred he looked one of two women the eye and proposed dishonestly.

What am I saying? Of course they would've preferred that. 

True but ( and this is a big but ) as much as i disliked Deanna , he really led her one by speaking to her father and also telling her it was going to be a great day . I really felt absolutely terrible for her because the dumping came out of left field , and she clearly wasn’t over him at the aftr when she asked if he would reconsider ( he said no which was so humiliating )and on her season she talked non stop about brad . It was hard to watch. He shouldn’t have said anything to her that would make her assume he was proposing . I’m just playing devils advocate here because i thought she was irritating . But as a woman who has been led on, i felt her feelings of heartbreak were very real .

• Love 1
10 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

It’s sad really . Jillian is one of the most unrecognizable people from the franchise . She looks almost as bad as Amanda from the very first season. I thought Botox , fillers and the like we’re supposed to enhance a persons looks , not make them look like a freak! Two women who were very pretty before . 

Yes that is my recollection as well. It came out that he regretted letting molly go and they were in touch shortly after the season ended . The other rumor is that melissa agreed to be humiliated and say “ I’m so mad at you “ because she knew it would lead to dancing on the stars . I tend to beleive it,

What is strange is that Jillian looked normal on her HGTV show so this look is fairly new.  I am not sure why she looks so different either.

• Love 2

One thing I found refreshing is that Jason and Molly just had one child of their own, and kept their family focused on them, Ty, and not multiple other children.  I have no knowledge on their decision on that, and I also want to be clear that I have nothing against large families.  It just seems like some of the other bachelor/ette women have so many children, and I just found it nice that despite their tough beginning, they seem focused on their relationship and keeping a manageable family size for them.  I wasn't a fan of them getting together in the first place, but I do agree they seem like a balanced and happy couple now.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, NaughtyKitty said:

Did anyone else think that Jillian now looks like Renee Zellweiger?  It was uncanny.  She needs to slow down on the fillers and darken her hair again. She was so pretty.

I totally thought the same thing!