Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

Best of the Bachelor: Favorite Contestants, Episodes, Seasons


regardez
  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts


On 8/5/2020 at 12:21 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Didn't get to see Ali's season when it first aired, but yes, Roberto was hot in the recap!  Seemed like a dream guy.

my recollection was that she giggled everytime she saw him because in her words he was "so hot", I never ever got the falling in love. but i did think it was nice that she refused to go to final 2 and humiliate Chris. I still burn when I see Deanna letting Jason get through the whole proposal. ugh.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

I would actually love to see Juan Pablo's season again as he just didn't care and the women were trying to appear to be oh so serious about everything.  I remember that there were many "WHAT?!?" moments while watching that.

  • Love 6
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 7:19 AM, seacliffsal said:

I would actually love to see Juan Pablo's season again as he just didn't care and the women were trying to appear to be oh so serious about everything.  I remember that there were many "WHAT?!?" moments while watching that.

My DVR says Juan Pablo's season will be recapped next after Ick Vile's.

  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Wow!  No comments on Nick’s GOAT season?  I actually don’t mind Nick when he’s not doing Bach Nation things (his podcasts are usually interesting) but his season was pretty dumb and he was/is more of a puppet to Fleiss and company than even Ben Higgins.  I forgot how much I didn’t like Taylor with her EQ shenanigans and her update didn’t change that for me. Corrine got huge implants on her lips and breasts but she seemed happy.  She always seemed in on the joke about the whole show and I liked that.  

I can’t wait for Juan Pablo’s roast next week.  They hate him.  He hates them.  It’s going to be good!

  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Wow!  No comments on Nick’s GOAT season?  I actually don’t mind Nick when he’s not doing Bach Nation things (his podcasts are usually interesting) but his season was pretty dumb and he was/is more of a puppet to Fleiss and company than even Ben Higgins.  I forgot how much I didn’t like Taylor with her EQ shenanigans and her update didn’t change that for me. Corrine got huge implants on her lips and breasts but she seemed happy.  She always seemed in on the joke about the whole show and I liked that.  

I can’t wait for Juan Pablo’s roast next week.  They hate him.  He hates them.  It’s going to be good!

Link to comment

I don't mind Nick but his season wasn't exciting.  Corrine was a garden variety attention whore...  I fast forwarded through the whole recap of her shenanigans.  Taylor only looked good by comparison.  The best thing about Nick's season is it brought us Rachel. But that segment with Tayshia and Natasha was painful.  This franchise just fails miserably in making their efforts regarding diversity seem even remotely sincere. 

  • Love 4
Link to comment

I only saw the last hour (because ANW) so am happy I missed Corrine and Taylor. I don't remember them being on Nick's season, they are just bad memories that don't need to be refreshed.

Raven's hair was so fakety fake jet black, it really was apparent on my now-HDTV. She looks so much better now. Go figure. I never liked her much and had forgotten she was runner up. I know I watched, but I totally forgot Nick's engagement episode or even where they were for the final episode. It was a place after my heart though, those log/wood cabins are just my style, more than cabana beach sweaty places ... like where poor Roberto sweated out his proposal to Ali.

I don't remember Raven or Adam from BIP, and I watch every season. I guess that speaks to how important these shows are to me.

I do remember Nick putting Raven down on her back in that muddy water because all I could think at the time was SNAKES! I didn't notice Nick's tighty whities showing so much back then as I did last night. I have different priorities now I guess.

It would have been funny if Raven's coat was still hanging on that hook where Chris hung Vanessa's fur. (I hope that was a fake fur.) It would have made sense since Raven was walked out and driven away w/o her coat.

Nick's snot-sucking proposal has to be one of the most disgusting in Bach history. "I want to (snot suck) spend the rest (snot suck) of my (snot suck) life with (snot suck) you." Nasty.

Vanessa was so pretty during that season. She didn't age as well as Raven, whatever that means. I know, shallow, but hey, these people sign up for our snark, right?

Interesting Nick said Rachel and Vanessa stood out from the first. Poor Raven!

I never thought much about Nick one way or the other, and supported him speaking up about getting dumped after having sex the night before in the FS. But I hope TPTB are now done with promoting him. Bye Nick. Not sorry to see you go.

Juan Pablo next week should be fun. "Eets okay" right? Nice set up for Clare though.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

The thing is , I think I liked Nick's season just fine.  I think it was a lot of fun, mostly because of Corinne.

I was shocked when Harrison said that Taylor was a favourite of Bachelor Nation.  WHAT????  LOL.  I thought we all agreed that she's pretentious, obnoxious, and annoying and that Corinne was fun as hell.  Guess I'm wrong!

5 hours ago, LBS said:

I can’t wait for Juan Pablo’s roast next week.  They hate him.  He hates them.  It’s going to be good!

SO HAPPY. SO EXCITED.  I NEVER SAW IT. YAYYYY

On 8/13/2020 at 10:31 AM, NaughtyKitty said:

Did anyone else think that Jillian now looks like Renee Zellweiger?  It was uncanny.  She needs to slow down on the fillers and darken her hair again. She was so pretty.

She's so adorable, but man, she likes getting that work done.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I forgot how intelligently Nick spoke about race.  He made it clear that he's not colour blind and that he knew Rachel was black and he wasn't going to pretend that she wasn't, or that it wasn't an interracial relationship, etc. The way he spoke about things was pretty sensitive and great.

I remember not liking Vanessa, but I did really like Rachel.  I think most of the contestants were okay minus Taylor, but I barely remember.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I was shocked when Harrison said that Taylor was a favourite of Bachelor Nation.  WHAT????  LOL.  I thought we all agreed that she's pretentious, obnoxious, and annoying and that Corinne was fun as hell.  Guess I'm wrong!

I'm right there with you.  And frankly the fact that having been sent home she was still going on the limousine about how she couldn't believe he didn't pick her when she had so much more emotional intelligence that she didn't imagine that he might pick Corrine was pretty striking.  I was over Corrine too but there was really no way that Taylor came out ahead on that one.  And I thought that the whole "not only am I emotionally intelligent but I'm transgressive" spiel on the reunion was a bit much.

Of course I couldn't remember half of the women that CH declared unforgettable last night so what do I know.

 

 

Of

  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment

I found Taylor's chat with Chris extremely awkward, I have no idea what she was talking about when she started saying "You're hot! Trans people are hot! Monogamy is hot!" Um, what? Then the vibrator talk. Yeesh.

Corinne looks...different. I'm sure some find her entertaining but I would be content never seeing her on TV again. 

I really liked Vanessa but I knew this was doomed from the start. 

Edited by thejuicer
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Dear hubby really liked Krystina and, while he didn’t watch the GOAT episode live, I had recorded it for myself and saved it so he could see it last night.  He really appreciated the story and says she is still hot, but I found it interesting that she is apparently still unattached.  It could be that her family history is enough that she doesn’t feel comfortable investing in anyone.  
 

The other part that was interesting was how Rachel and Bryan wanted no part of this.  Good on them.

Dear hubby is sincerely looking forward to Juan Pablo.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

They didn't even let Juan Pablo speak? 

These seasons are fun to watch, if they would cut out all of the Chris Harrison stuff.  None of us need him there to warn us of what's coming next. I mute him.

When have I needed Becca Kufrin's opinion on absolutely anything?  "Becca, you almost married a Nazi.  Walk us through the season of the first Puerto Rican Bachelor."  Seriously?   Whatever, I fast forwarded all of that anyway.

I wonder how Juan Pablo feels.  The show torpedoed him to promote Claire.  Ridiculous.

Claire's fake pregnancy was utterly ridiculous.  The show is acting like it's charming?

Damn, that's the last one????? No more recaps.  No more "BachelorGOAT".  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

They didn't even let Juan Pablo speak? 

These seasons are fun to watch, if they would cut out all of the Chris Harrison stuff.  None of us need him there to warn us of what's coming next. I mute him.

Claire's fake pregnancy was utterly ridiculous.  The show is acting like it's charming?

Did Clare have a fake pregnancy on the Juan Pablo season?

It was interesting to see Andi.  Apparently,  she left NYC, has settled in California, and is writing her third book.  I can't believe that people want to read that much about her.  I would like to know about the terrible thing that happened in the fantasy suite with Juan Pablo.  She seems like a drama queen so maybe it was just crappy sex.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

23 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Did Clare have a fake pregnancy on the Juan Pablo season?

Yes.  We just watched it.  She came out of the limo with a fake pregnant belly and then spent the entire day like that, I don't know when she finally took off the stomach.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I wonder how Juan Pablo feels.  The show torpedoed him to promote Claire.  Ridiculous.

I imagine Juan Pablo feels the same as he did during and after the show. He wouldn't play by their silly rules and they gave him the absolutely worst edit ever. I always wondered what Juan Pablo did that made them hate him so much. I remember reading some gossip about how he wouldn't sit and bs with Chris Harrison for hours and generally wouldn't kiss anyone's ass the way Sean and other bachelors did so they said fine, screw you, we'll get you in the end. It wasn't only the edit on the show, they gave him horrible publicity to turn the viewing public against him. They did a very good job of that.

Personally, I always liked Juan Pablo even though I was in the very distinct minority on various blogs and forums. I thought he was a scamp and didn't take himself or the bachelor franchise all that seriously. That whole thing with Andi, for instance. What a witch she was at the best of times and JP was ok with her leaving but she was so bitchy she couldn't believe he wouldn't beg her to stay. He was simply straight up with her and said fine, I can't make you love me but I wish you well and thank you for being honest. It's ok. And sure as shit Andi freaked. I thought it was funny as hell instead of scandalous. 🤷‍♂️

I do have some sympathy for Nikki. I think she was completely sincere and fell in love with JP and wasn't treated as well as she should have been, both by JP and by the show which was really pissed off at her because she sided with JP instead of them. Glad to hear she's happy and doing well.

  • Love 7
Link to comment

I am not sure I feel badly for Juan Pablo.  Though it is true he didn’t do what they asked of him, and that part is okay, he really wasn’t very respectful to women.  He didn’t really care about anyone.  Not even Nikki, who really tried to stand up for him.  And he used his language barrier as an excuse to not have a proper conversation with anyone that tried to talk to him.  The reality is he had nothing to say, not that he couldn’t say it.  I didn’t hate him, but I wasn’t a fan.  Watching it back helped me to see even more of his not so great behavior.  

  • Love 2
Link to comment
8 hours ago, shok said:

I imagine Juan Pablo feels the same as he did during and after the show.

Thanks for explaining, as I never saw his original season, so I had to ask what was going on.

It's not exactly Juan Pablo's fault that he was chosen to be The Bachelor anyway.  Does anyone know how or why he was chosen in the first place?

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Thanks for explaining, as I never saw his original season, so I had to ask what was going on.

It's not exactly Juan Pablo's fault that he was chosen to be The Bachelor anyway.  Does anyone know how or why he was chosen in the first place?

I don't remember why, but if he didn't really want to do it, he could have said no.  Personally I am glad he wasn't on last night--he doesn't interview very well.  It was bad enough seeing his season again, lol.  

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 9/8/2020 at 10:38 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Does anyone know how or why he was chosen in the first place?

He was wildly popular on the Bachelorette season he was on. I don't remember whose it was, but someone here will know. He was funny and handsome and popular with the other guys. I remember they did a western-movie (fake) shoot and JP was so funny in it. The other guys ribbed him about his accent and he was just so cool playing along with the jokes. TPTB picked him as Bach (I'm guessing) because he was a fan favorite, hot, plus OMG not a white dude from middle America so look how progressing Fleiss is. His accent is appealing, one has to admit.

I had forgotten Andi was on his season. I try to forget Andi whenever possible. So thanks a lot show for bringing her back into my memory bank. Ugh.

I didn't remember how beautiful Sharlene was/is. I kinda thought she was not "all that" on JP's season, but I remember her leaving because, while JP was her idea of hotness in bed, once that wore off, there was nothing to talk about. I can sympathize with her on that fact.

I never hated JP and liked his season, although I did feel sorry for Nikki, who appeared so head over heels about him. JP is exactly like so many men I know ... their favorite line is, "You have the most beautiful eyes, I can see myself in them." JP has gotten through life by never having to do anything with women but cock his head like a puppy when they speak, to show he is listening (while not listening), using the tried-and-true hands-on-her-face seduction technique, being a good kisser, and telling all women "Ees okay" to make them feel it really IS okay. Because they want it to be.

I don't know why Clare didn't leave after he said whatever it was to her in the helicopter. WTH Clare. That's on you.

I did actually LOL when Clare left in a huff at the not-proposal (because he didn't choose her? After she was dissing him so badly, she still wanted that Neil Lane ring? WTH Clare.) and JP said, "Hooo, I'm glad I didn't pick HER." Then he tells Nikki "Don't get cranky" after he professes his like for her. Yeah, I know plenty of men like JP. This was one of the best seasons ever.

So the recaps are ended and we don't get to see Chris Soules? I understand his season was KILLER.

I thought Clare's season was already half done being filmed. Yet CH said they are going to start taping soon? What's up with that.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 3
Link to comment

18 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

He was wildly popular on the Bachelorette season he was on. I don't remember whose it was, but someone here will know.

Juan Pablo was on Desiree's season. Personally I never bought the wildly popular excuse for why he was chosen as The Bachelor. Was he liked, sure. But this narrative the show tried to create that there was this mass swell of support and love for him was b.s. in my opinion. This wasn't a Grocery Joe situation. 

YMMV but I always believed Juan Pablo was picked because one, the producers did not have much to choose from., owing to the fact that some viewers were pissed at Brooks for choosing to self-eliminate, Desiree ended up with Chris, Michael, the F4 was kind of blah and the guy who was Final 2, whose name I can barely remember was also kind of meh. Meanwhile, the lawsuit against the show for lack of diversity was picking up steam. 

So with no real fan favorite to choose from Desiree's season, they went with an unconventional choice who they probably saw as meeting the "diversity" quota. And as messy as Juan Pablo was, the producers were to blame as well because they knew what they were getting. Desiree later said that Juan Pablo was just as uninterested in anything she had to say and stuck on himself during her season, as he was on his season. Which was one of the main reasons she eliminated him. 

  • Love 4
Link to comment

I just watched the Juan Pablo season recap on The Greatest Seasons Ever. I think the world decided to dislike this fellow, when in reality he was actually honest. I have always thought that the contestants being strung along to the very end was ruthless. And it sounds like those are the rules. I am not saying it is not completely justified for the one not picked to be furious, confused, humiliated, etc. I do not think the bachelor / ettes are allowed to commit to anyone openly until the very end. 

So Chris Harrison, really calling  him out for not proposing, when those proposals are almost always, completely premature and insincere, is ridiculous. 

  • Useful 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I did actually LOL when Clare left in a huff at the not-proposal (because he didn't choose her? After she was dissing him so badly, she still wanted that Neil Lane ring? WTH Clare)

Yeah, I guess I never really got why that exit was supposed to be empowering. I thought she just came off as a sore loser. With two women left, the show would never let the lead give away that he wasn’t going to pick a certain person before the finale, so her “Why did you lead me to believe it was me?!” argument rings false. She was all set to happily accept him and his inappropriate helicopter comment and behavior until she found out she wasn’t the chosen one. 

  • Love 7
Link to comment
9 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I didn't remember how beautiful Sharlene was/is. I kinda thought she was not "all that" on JP's season, but I remember her leaving because, while JP was her idea of hotness in bed, once that wore off, there was nothing to talk about. I can sympathize with her on that fact.

I thought it was amazing to hear her do her opera singing.  She's gorgeous.

9 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

This wasn't a Grocery Joe situation. 

Grocery Joe and Peter from Rachel's season are two of the hottest guys I've ever seen.  Not even on The Bachelor, just in general.  LOL.  I'd like to see THOSE seasons.

  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

I still don’t understand the Andi hate. I think her losing it on him was more of a buildup of him just not giving anything to the process and her being frustrated. She is probably my favorite Bachelorette, although her taste in men wasn’t great (Josh suuuucked). 

Loved seeing Sharleen. She just handles herself well. 

I forgot how much of a jerk Harrison was trying to force a declaration of love out of Juan Pablo on AFTR. Sorry Chris you just didn’t get to close out the show with your usual trite b.s. about a love story. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment

On 9/7/2020 at 9:55 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

They didn't even let Juan Pablo speak? 

These seasons are fun to watch, if they would cut out all of the Chris Harrison stuff.  None of us need him there to warn us of what's coming next. I mute him.

When have I needed Becca Kufrin's opinion on absolutely anything?  "Becca, you almost married a Nazi.  Walk us through the season of the first Puerto Rican Bachelor."  Seriously?   Whatever, I fast forwarded all of that anyway.

I wonder how Juan Pablo feels.  The show torpedoed him to promote Claire.  Ridiculous.

Claire's fake pregnancy was utterly ridiculous.  The show is acting like it's charming?

Damn, that's the last one????? No more recaps.  No more "BachelorGOAT".  

Yep! The producers obviously hate Juan Pablo. I wonder if they even asked him to appear? Or maybe they did and he told them to pound sand. He can't be happy about the original edit he got on the show. It was actually worse on the recap. They were driving the bus over him, backing up and driving over him again. (I never found him attractive but can understand why many woman did. Brad was more my speed.)

OK did I miss something or did they edit out the infamous ocean romp between Clare and Juan Pablo? She shows up at his door in the wee hours and asked him to go into the ocean with her. It was rumored they had sex in the ocean. 

Isn't that what she gets really upset about later? He basically tells her she's fun to boink but not wife or mother material for his "dotter." They left it all out! Shocking! I wonder if Clare asked for it not to be included. Whatever the case, the break-up scene lost a lot of impact without the earlier footage. 

I was so distracted by Kaitlin's face. Yikes! She has Instagram face! I had seen it before but it really apparent in the two-shot with Trista, who looked so naturally lovely. I don't understand it. I thought Kaitlin was adorable before what procedures she's had. It seems everyone wants to look like a Kardashian. 

And I'm still wondering what Juan said to Clare in the limo. 

One other thing: the "ees ok" scene with Andi didn't read as badly to me this time as last. I don't know why. Editing? Yes, he was a bit dismissive but I also saw it more as him trying to just move on and not complicate matters. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
Edited because I just watched the scene with Deanna and Becca. Didn't recognize Becca!
  • Love 5
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I was so distracted by Kaitlin's face. Yikes! She has Instagram face! I had seen it before but it really apparent in the two-shot with Trista, who looked so naturally lovely. I don't understand it. I thought Kaitlin was adorable before what procedures she's had. It seems everyone wants to look like a Kardashian. 

Yup.  Her lips look like two balloons.

58 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

One other thing: the "ees ok" scene with Andi didn't read as badly to me this time as last. I don't know why. Editing? Yes, he was a bit dismissive but I also saw it more as him trying to just move on and not complicate matters. 

I agree.  He was in a can't win position.  When someone's leaving, you're supposed to make it easy for them - not hard.

Juan Pablo was actually live tweeting the episode yesterday:

https://twitter.com/JuanPaGalavis

Sharleen had a nice tweet in defense of him:

 

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Whit and Ry on You Tube had an interview with Juan Pablo and I think he came across well. He talked about how the producers were pushing him to tell the ladies he loved them and he wasn't going to do it.  Plus he said he was very conscious of his daughter watching.  Emily Maynard also had a daughter she was concerned about - in that her behavior would affect the daughter.  She got a pass for that, but Juan Pablo didn't.  

He did sideline the questions about what he said to Clare though. If I recall correctly, Clare said it was during the LCD and they got into the helicopter without mikes.  Juan Pablo whispered to Clare that he loved f...ing her in the ocean.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

OK did I miss something or did they edit out the infamous ocean romp between Clare and Juan Pablo? She shows up at his door in the wee hours and asked him to go into the ocean with her. It was rumored they had sex in the ocean. 

I either missed that or had forgotten about it. Or both, ha ha. I thought ocean sex originated with Ben Flapjack and that model chick whom he chose, but whose name I've forgotten. But maybe Flapjack's season was after JP's.

Agree that this show hated JP, he got a cr*p edit during his season and a worse one the other night.

Link to comment
On 9/8/2020 at 1:39 AM, shok said:

I imagine Juan Pablo feels the same as he did during and after the show. He wouldn't play by their silly rules and they gave him the absolutely worst edit ever. I always wondered what Juan Pablo did that made them hate him so much. I remember reading some gossip about how he wouldn't sit and bs with Chris Harrison for hours and generally wouldn't kiss anyone's ass the way Sean and other bachelors did so they said fine, screw you, we'll get you in the end. It wasn't only the edit on the show, they gave him horrible publicity to turn the viewing public against him. They did a very good job of that.

So I never watched his season but I remember seeing things back then about how terrible he was so I was looking forward to this recap to see what all the fuss was about. And my husband and I just couldn't see it. Neither of us understood all the vitriol based on what they showed in this episode. I kept telling him throughout the show, "Well, let's just wait, they must show us why everyone hated him so much." And there was just. . . nothing there. He did come across a bit cold at points but I mean, honestly I thought Arie was worse than what I saw here.

On 9/8/2020 at 12:11 PM, saber5055 said:

I don't know why Clare didn't leave after he said whatever it was to her in the helicopter. WTH Clare. That's on you.

I did actually LOL when Clare left in a huff at the not-proposal (because he didn't choose her? After she was dissing him so badly, she still wanted that Neil Lane ring? WTH Clare.) and JP said, "Hooo, I'm glad I didn't pick HER."

Mr. Lily and I said the same thing. If it offended her that much, why did she stay? It's not like his response was so smooth and charming when she confronted him about it for her to just let it go that easily. I cracked up, too, when JP said that after she walked away. 😂

19 hours ago, SHD said:

Yeah, I guess I never really got why that exit was supposed to be empowering. I thought she just came off as a sore loser. With two women left, the show would never let the lead give away that he wasn’t going to pick a certain person before the finale, so her “Why did you lead me to believe it was me?!” argument rings false. She was all set to happily accept him and his inappropriate helicopter comment and behavior until she found out she wasn’t the chosen one. 

All of this!!! With the way they were promoting the hell out of Clare and her big moment, when it finally came we were like, "Huh?" She would've accepted his proposal in a second had he done it so to try and sell that she did something special by getting pissed off that he *didn't* was a bit disingenuous on the show's part. That narrative just doesn't work for me. I don't mind that she did it, by the way. I've always wanted to see someone let the Bachelor/ette have it when they "lose", but I certainly don't think it was like a giant step forward for women or something.

14 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

I forgot how much of a jerk Harrison was trying to force a declaration of love out of Juan Pablo on AFTR. Sorry Chris you just didn’t get to close out the show with your usual trite b.s. about a love story. 

That was a bad look on CH, that's for sure. He clearly didn't like that Juan Pablo wasn't playing the game, it was written all over his face.

  • Love 7
Link to comment
44 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I either missed that or had forgotten about it. Or both, ha ha. I thought ocean sex originated with Ben Flapjack and that model chick whom he chose, but whose name I've forgotten. But maybe Flapjack's season was after JP's.

Agree that this show hated JP, he got a cr*p edit during his season and a worse one the other night.

I forgot about Ben and Courtney! Thanks for the reminder. I couldn't stand Ben as the Bachelor. Still remember the "tread lightly" controlling behavior. 

The Clare/JP ocean tryst was a big story that season. Clare later tried to walk it back by saying they didn’t have sex. (I think it was when she was on BIP or during one of the interviews promoting it.) That’s probably why it was edited out of the recap. It’s obviously a sensitive issue for her.

Even though I didn’t like JP, I didn't blame him for how he reacted. Clare showed up at his door in the middle of the night, tipsy and amorous. She suggested the “swim” in the ocean. He eagerly complied, but what burned her was how he later treated her like a sex toy and not much else.

Another scene they didn't show was when he basically told her because of what had happened in the ocean, she wasn't a good choice as a mother figure for his daughter. That's why Clare's anger at the ending doesn't make sense to us now, because much of it (I think) was due to this statement, which was edited out. 

I understand they left all this out probably at Clare's request, but it's a big hole in the recap IMO.

And yes, JP was a sexist jerk but he wasn't shown pressuring her to have sex. It struck me as Clare had one of those "I was drunk, he was hot and it seemed like a good idea at the time" moments and later regretted it. 

I never warmed to Sharleen but could relate to her inner conflict of being physically attracted to JP but not having an intellectual/emotional connection. 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 5
Link to comment

40 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

The Clare/JP ocean tryst was a big story that season. Clare later tried to walk it back by saying they didn’t have sex. (I think it was when she was on BIP or during one of the interviews promoting it.) That’s probably why it was edited out of the recap. It’s obviously a sensitive issue for her.

Even though I didn’t like JP, I didn't blame him for how he reacted. Clare showed up at his door in the middle of the night, tipsy and amorous. She suggested the “swim” in the ocean. He eagerly complied, but what burned her was how he later treated her like a sex toy and not much else.

Another scene they didn't show was when he basically told her because of what had happened in the ocean, she wasn't a good choice as a mother figure for his daughter. That's why Clare's anger at the ending doesn't make sense to us now, because much of it (I think) was due to this statement, which was edited out. 

Thank you for the reminder on this. I thought I remembered something about sex in the ocean but when it didn't come up, I figured it happened on someone else's season that I didn't watch. Makes sense that they'd leave all that out though, what with Clare being the new Bachelorette. I still don't really hold with it justifying her anger though. She was ready to marry him despite him saying that. Or wait, did he say that to her earlier, or did he say that right then as the reason why he wasn't proposing?

  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Another scene they didn't show was when he basically told her because of what had happened in the ocean, she wasn't a good choice as a mother figure for his daughter. That's why Clare's anger at the ending doesn't make sense to us now, because much of it (I think) was due to this statement, which was edited out. 

I didn’t see JP’s season, and I didn’t find him offensive during this recap, but if it is true that he told Claire she wouldn’t make an appropriate stepmother due to their romp in the ocean, that is pretty damn hypocritical. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
31 minutes ago, Fable said:

I didn’t see JP’s season, and I didn’t find him offensive during this recap, but if it is true that he told Claire she wouldn’t make an appropriate stepmother due to their romp in the ocean, that is pretty damn hypocritical. 

He didn't come right out and say that but he implied bad things. It was really insulting and nasty. He basically shamed Clare for having sex with him and said he couldn't abide that kind of person, that he had to think of his daughter. As if he had nothing to do with it! I can't remember when he told her this but I want to say it was shortly after, maybe the next day? I believe Clare was simmering with rage and that's why she let him have it at the end. I don't know why she didn't just leave when he told her except perhaps she wanted to finish the show. Stay on tv? 

There was a big to-do in the media about it after with many people siding with Clare given how he treated her. I'm kind of surprised they agreed to leave it out because it was big time drama. 

Found a clip of it. There were still several women left when he and Clare had sex and when he told her this, so again don't know why she stayed around! Anyway, this is 8 minutes and includes commentary. Recommend watching the whole thing so you can see how he builds up to his message, but if you want to skip the first part he starts talking about his daughter around 5:30. 

 

Edited by Sweet-tea
Added clip
  • Love 3
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yup.  Her lips look like two balloons.

I agree.  He was in a can't win position.  When someone's leaving, you're supposed to make it easy for them - not hard.

Juan Pablo was actually live tweeting the episode yesterday:

https://twitter.com/JuanPaGalavis

Sharleen had a nice tweet in defense of him:

 

I am not as wowed by Sharleen as many are.  I think it is easy for her to chime in and say something nice because she left.  Which was smart on her part.  I still don’t think JP has gotten such a bad rap.  He really wasn’t a very caring Bachelor.  I still say that just because he refused to say I love you, it doesn’t make him a hero.  It is fine for any of them not to say it....he just didn’t seem to actually have feelings for anyone at all.  And if he was so honest he could have just saved Nikki her time and sent her home along with Clare.  

  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
11 hours ago, alexa said:

I am not as wowed by Sharleen as many are.  I think it is easy for her to chime in and say something nice because she left.  Which was smart on her part.  I still don’t think JP has gotten such a bad rap.  He really wasn’t a very caring Bachelor.  I still say that just because he refused to say I love you, it doesn’t make him a hero.  It is fine for any of them not to say it....he just didn’t seem to actually have feelings for anyone at all.  And if he was so honest he could have just saved Nikki her time and sent her home along with Clare.  

I’ve wondered why Brad was able to stay on good terms with the producers but JP wasn’t. Perhaps it was because Brad did what the producers wanted: he was contrite, went to therapy and then did another season in which he got a better edit. But I also think Brad seemed like a much nicer guy overall. JP didn’t seem that interested in any of the woman outside of the physical. 

Agree he was horrible to Nikki. I was embarrassed for her. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

I’ve wondered why Brad was able to stay on good terms with the producers but JP wasn’t. Perhaps it was because Brad did what the producers wanted: he was contrite, went to therapy and then did another season in which he got a better edit. But I also think Brad seemed like a much nicer guy overall. JP didn’t seem that interested in any of the woman outside of the physical. 

Agree he was horrible to Nikki. I was embarrassed for her. 

They weren't very nice to Brad at first at all, and they really catered to Deanna as the victim of such atrocities, lol!  But you are right, they gave him another chance probably because he actually cared about everyone involved and did the best he could--and tried to figure out what he could do to better himself (not that I think he needed to better himself simply for saying no to two women he didn't want to marry).   And as you said he wasn't just as shallow as JP.  And I think a lot of people did think Brad was a super nice guy, me included 🙂

  • Love 4
Link to comment

7 hours ago, alexa said:

They weren't very nice to Brad at first at all, and they really catered to Deanna as the victim of such atrocities, lol!  But you are right, they gave him another chance probably because he actually cared about everyone involved and did the best he could--and tried to figure out what he could do to better himself (not that I think he needed to better himself simply for saying no to two women he didn't want to marry).   And as you said he wasn't just as shallow as JP.  And I think a lot of people did think Brad was a super nice guy, me included 🙂

And a hunk! Tall, fit, beautiful eyes, etc.... Sigh. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment

I never saw Juan Pablo's season. Watching this recap, I learned four things:

  • JP is a doofus
  • Andi is cool
  • Clare is basically drama condensed into human form (I actually knew that one)
  • We were robbed not getting a Bachelorette season with Sharleen as the lead
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Here Here and Thank You!

I rarely comment on my reality show viewing but I just watched Andy grill Juan Pablo just before she left.   Say What?

Juan Pablo was patient, he listened, he did not get defensive, he said he respected her opinion and that he did not want her to feel bad.  She was complaining that he did not take enough interest in her in the manner she needed and wanted.   OK, fine ... that is what you want ... fair enough, now you know that is not his style so leave and find what you are looking for.  But instead she criticized and judged him for being perhaps a simpler person who does not dig as deep as her.  I felt like she berated him out of her own anger and frustration about not finding what she needed.  That was NOT his fault.  Andy did not take responsibility for her predicament and instead took out her frustration on someone who did not deserve it.

Later in her interview with Chris, Andy said JP should not have "it's OK".   He meant it is OK if you need to do what you need to do and don't feel bad about it!  Then he said, "Am I going to die over it, no ... but I will feel SAD about it"  What more do you want?   Andy seemed to say she regretted dumping on JP like that  ... glad she finally realized she needed to take responsibility for her being there and investing her time and realizing he wasn't the right guy.  JP is an easy going guy who clearly isn't into going to deep.  Live and let live Andy.   He seemed sincere and his heart was involved.

I am still watching so I have not seen the end yet, but so far I think he has been a  nice guy to all of these women.

[edit] OK, just watched the remainder ... Caitlin and Trista bashing JP, helicopter and night before ring ceremony, etc.  Perhaps in the helicopter he was trying to say off camera that although they had great chemistry he felt they did not know each other well enough for an engagement, to prep her for the let down.  In those early seasons very few broke the shows protocol and told the people in advance they were not going to be picked.  Ben H told both that he loved them, and that was true.  Clare and all the others have seen the show.  They know it is set up so that the viewers get to watch some poor soul get completely emotionally blindsided,  Thus it astonishes me that everyone is berating JP just because he said what so many others have said, I do not choose you.  This is crowd bullying at its worst.

Sorry Chris Harrison, (love you as a host), and everyone else, but you have got it wrong this time for going along with demonizing Juan Pablo.  

andy.jpg

Edited by NvrMissedASeason
Updated after watching more
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...