Type keyword(s) to search

Best of the Bachelor: Favorite Contestants, Episodes, Seasons

regardez
  • Start Topic

On 3/22/2017 at 9:14 PM, chocolatine said:

Yes, Bettina. Her family was part of the DC elite, and her father was super-condescending to Brad for being "just" a bar owner (never mind that Brad was already a multimillionaire at that time).

Not only that, but he disparaged Brad for "handling money" or some such, like Brad was some hillbilly Mafiosa instead of a guy who owned a business he probably worked hard at.  

I always liked Brad.  And drunken Firestone.  And the Hugh Grant looking guy.  Tina fabulous didn't vex me much.  I remember her wearing a halter top that had belonged to her Mother.  She did have some style to her.  

• Love 5
On 3/30/2017 at 6:33 AM, Armchair Critic said:

The only two men I've found bangable (LOL) were Lanny from Meredith's season and Arie from Emily's. Most of the men to me were either too rehearsed or cheezy.

I would love to know what happened to Lanny--he was sooooo cute. never liked Arie. I also liked charlie from tristas season

I just saw a really sexy picture of Peter, and it got me thinking. What Bachelor leads were really sexy? To me, Brad was the most sexy of all of them. A lot were cute, I do not know who else I would describe as sexy though. 

To refresh your memory.....

(thank you Wikipedia).
How sad is it that I have watched every one!

Alex Michel
Aaron Buerge
Andrew Firestone
Bob Guiney
Jesse Palmer
Byron Velvick
Charlie O'Connell
Travis Stork
Lorenzo Borghese
Andy Baldwin
Brad Womack x 2
Matt Grant
Jason Mesnick
Jake Pavelka
Ben Flank
Sean Lowe
Juan Pablo
Chris Soules
Ben Higgins
Nick Viall

• Love 3

I think Juan Pablo was supposed to be sexy but he turned out to be a bit more slimy than sexy. lol Nick is sexy as hell to me. The rest are a bit too "boy next door" for me, but then, the show tends towards the "next door" concept. I'd say the Bachelorette's also ran more toward pretty and cute than sexy and hot. I assume the "brand" is All American.

Honestly, I would maybe date Nick, Ben Higgins and Jesse Palmer. The rest I wouldn't give my number to, unless I was really drunk. lol

• Love 1
18 hours ago, nutty1 said:

To me, Brad was the most sexy of all of them.

Yep, Brad was the only Bachelor I found sexy. I thought Ben H was good looking but too young and needy to be sexy. Nick, I've never been a fan of.

• Love 4

I liked Matt Grant, Brad and Nick. I thought Ben Flank had a different last name, isn't he the guy that picked Courtney? I didn't watch that season because I found definitely unromantic and unsexy. Ben H is nice but too me he seems soft physically and in features.

5 minutes ago, mistygracie said:

Wow, I don't get the hate people have towards Nick, he's my favorite and the best out of all the 'Bachelors' out there!

It's not hate. Some of us just don't think he's anything special.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

It's not hate. Some of us just don't think he's anything special.

That's ok, nobody has to like the same people,  I feel the exact same way about most people that are listed as their favorites here too!

On 8/13/2017 at 2:14 PM, chocolatine said:

Yep, Brad was the only Bachelor I found sexy. I thought Ben H was good looking but too young and needy to be sexy. Nick, I've never been a fan of.

You forgot Christ-y.  Nothing against it, it just doesnt up the sexy factor.  

Brad, Nick, Juan Pabs (though I would have to tell him no talking - too dumb), Andrew Firestone, Andy Baldwin, Travis.  

Apparently I like blondes.  

Some of the others are cute, but wow, they really arent a sexy bunch compared to the contestants.  

• Love 2

My fav person of all time is Reid Rosenthal. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. Jillian should have picked him. He is a real estate agent in philly. I am tempted to buy a house there just to have him as my agent. He could sell me anything!;)

• Love 3

Reid would have been a great match for Jillian. I loved Matt Grant, except what he did to chelesea in the end just turned me off...but he was so handsome!!

my favorite bachelor and season of all time was andrew firestone, because it was before social media and the girls truly had no idea who their bachelor was and it added to the charm of it all.

oh and my favorite contestant was Lanny from Merdeiths season!! OMG he was sooo cute and nice. too bad his Mom was so scary!!

• Love 2

Jason Mesnick’s season is on Netflix. I just started watching it. Jason looks so young. He was quite handsome. Chris H looks young too. Even the quality of the show is different. No hi def back then. And I forgot this season brought us Jillian!

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Jason Mesnick’s season is on Netflix. I just started watching it. Jason looks so young. He was quite handsome. Chris H looks young too. Even the quality of the show is different. No hi def back then. And I forgot this season brought us Jillian!

And the contestants had jobs besides "influencer" back then

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

I didn’t start watching until Farmer Chris’s season (so why I have continued to watch - well, lots of surgeries hopped up on pain meds - the rest of the time, I have no defense).

I watched the Jason Mesnick’s season on Netflix - wow has the show changed. It was so much organic back then and the contestants looked like normal, natural women, it was refreshing

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

And Jason beget Jillian, which was one of the most fun seasons ever.

Jillian is a blast!  Did you see the show when all the Bachelorettes came back?  She and Ali were laughing about what a horrible kisser Jake was.  Priceless!

• Love 2

I'm about halfway through Juan Pablo's season, and...wow, he can't handle emotions at all, can he? "I don't want you to cry." "Everything is fine." "It's okay." Are those pat phrases really supposed to make the "girls" feel better?

• Love 2
16 hours ago, SassyCat said:

"Eats ok, eats ok"

Hahaha! 

You don't know yet how funny that is and how eats a very prominent part of this season 🙂

I'm watching the hometown episode now.

He won't quit saying it! "It's okay. It's okay." That doesn't mean anything! Clearly it isn't okay!

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Then you're not too far away from the overnights episode, that's the best one IMO.

I'm salivating over that one. I just watched the previews for it (I'm unspoiled), and I'm dying to find out what the hell went wrong.

(edited)

They showed the truncated version of Sean Lowe's season on ABC tonight!  I really enjoyed myself.  I had never seen it before.  Even in the truncated version, Tierra was very annoying and took up A LOT OF time!  AshLee was very very beautiful!

Next week will be Kaitlyn's season.  I'm kind of disappointed because that's the season that got me into this show, so I've obviously seen it!  I want to see Jillian's season or something I haven't seen before 😞.  I've seen Ben H. (most boring season of all time), Jojo (also fucking boring), Arie's, and I really don't want to relive those.

I'm realizing I'm using Bach and Bachelorette here interchangeably, so forgive me.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

They showed the truncated version of Sean Lowe's season on ABC tonight!  I really enjoyed myself.  I had never seen it before.  Even in the truncated version, Tierra was very annoying and took up A LOT OF time!  AshLee was very very beautiful!

Next week will be Kaitlyn's season.  I'm kind of disappointed because that's the season that got me into this show, so I've obviously seen it!  I want to see Jillian's season or something I haven't seen before 😞.  I've seen Ben H. (most boring season of all time), Jojo (also fucking boring), Arie's, and I really don't want to relive those.

I'm realizing I'm using Bach and Bachelorette here interchangeably, so forgive me.

Yes I would prefer some of the older seasons too.  I am surprised they are doing Kaitlyn and Ben.  There are so many better seasons than that.  But I did like Sean’s now that I have had a long break from him.  Also I liked the interviews they did with some of the cast.

Edited by alexa
  • Love 5

I never watched Sean’s season but a lot of the women from his season where on subsequent shows. I didn’t remember Desiree was on his season. For the most part I liked seeing the little catch up interviews. Catherine looks absolutely miserable. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I never watched Sean’s season but a lot of the women from his season where on subsequent shows. I didn’t remember Desiree was on his season. For the most part I liked seeing the little catch up interviews. Catherine looks absolutely miserable. 

She seems different than she did, but is that more about just having a hectic life with kids?  I am sure many parents come across as a little less joyous at times because of the busy days, but I do get the sense that they are enjoying their family.  I am not a big Sean and Catherine fan, but it does seem like this is what they wanted to do--have kids, etc.  That said, it was nice to see her younger, energetic self and see some of her original personality in the rewatch of the show.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, alexa said:

She seems different than she did, but is that more about just having a hectic life with kids?  I am sure many parents come across as a little less joyous at times because of the busy days, but I do get the sense that they are enjoying their family.  I am not a big Sean and Catherine fan, but it does seem like this is what they wanted to do--have kids, etc.  That said, it was nice to see her younger, energetic self and see some of her original personality in the rewatch of the show.

it was pathetic when he sent Desiree home, she begged and pleaded for him not send her, it was sad. anyone else rememeber....?

• Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

it was pathetic when he sent Desiree home, she begged and pleaded for him not send her, it was sad. anyone else rememeber....?

If that did happen, they definitely cut it out of the truncated show last night.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
42 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Whatever they showed last night, it actually seemed like a decent goodbye.  She definitely wanted to stay and thought they had something, and he was really receptive to what she had to say.  Maybe there was something else at another time?  Either way, she seemed very sweet.  

• Love 4

Sean's season was not a favorite of mine but I have to say that watching the recap last night made me realize how far this franchise has fallen.  What began as simple entertainment and a mindless escape from reality is now driven by producers who annoyingly manipulate and incite and a franchise that has allowed itself to become mired in social controversy. 

• Love 9
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

Sean's season was not a favorite of mine but I have to say that watching the recap last night made me realize how far this franchise has fallen.  What began as simple entertainment and a mindless escape from reality is now driven by producers who annoyingly manipulate and incite and a franchise that has allowed itself to become mired in social controversy. 

It was weird seeing women like Catherine who don't have extensive plastic surgery.  I'm of the opinion that the Kardashians have changed North American culture significantly.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I started watching during Farmer Chris’s season, so I enjoyed Watching the Sean Lowe’s “season“.

What I didn’t enjoy was seeing Mama Weber (aka Babs Weber and some other personal names I have for her.

Seriously, I thought a couple of months ago that one good thing about Coronavirus was that she would fade into the sunset. 

Chris Harrison, please stop trying to make fetch happen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

What I didn’t enjoy was seeing Mama Weber (aka Babs Weber and some other personal names I have for her.

😄😄😄😄😄

1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Seriously, I thought a couple of months ago that one good thing about Coronavirus was that she would fade into the sunset. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/9/2020 at 6:38 AM, mostlylurking said:

I wish they would do the first two or three seasons to highlight how different the show was then. It was before social media became so huge and people began coming on the show to be influencers/celebrities, promote themselves and their products, go on Dancing with the Stars, etc. 

I started watching season 3 (Andrew Firestone, sigh). I've seen an abbreviated version on DVD of season 1 but have never seen season 2 (Aaron). I would like to see that one. I've seen every other season but Rachel's. I skipped hers because I need a break from it at that time. 

Gosh, Chris Harrison looked so young on one of the clips they showed. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 8

You know what’s so funny, I watched the first season on the Bachelorette and I remember thinking it was So Scandalous.  Like, meeting your spouse on national television show?!  That just sounded crazy to me.  And look at all these shows now.  Ahh....to be young and naive again....

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

My favorite Bachelor was Juan Pablo because it was evident from the beginning that he wasn't serious about finding a mate.  He just went along with the program and had fun with it. 

I did wonder though how he would have reacted if he'd been selected by whoever the Bachelorette was (don't remember her name) when he was on that show.  He probably would have said "Oh shit! How do I get out of this mess?!" LOL

9 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I did wonder though how he would have reacted if he'd been selected by whoever the Bachelorette was (don't remember her name) when he was on that show.  He probably would have said "Oh shit! How do I get out of this mess?!" LOL

He'd have *thought* "Oh shit! How do get out of this mess?!"  But he'd have said "It's ok!"😀

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Listen...

Peter...

Dude...

Just ask your mom to ask Kelley to marry you. If Kelley doesn't make her wait three hours for the answer, you will all be very happy together.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Ohwell said:

My favorite Bachelor was Juan Pablo because it was evident from the beginning that he wasn't serious about finding a mate.  He just went along with the program and had fun with it. 

Wasn't his bachelorette Desiree? The young woman from Sean's season who's brother came at Sean hard during Hometowns?

Desiree deserves better than JP 🙂 Seems like she got it too

• Love 1
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

Wasn't his bachelorette Desiree? The young woman from Sean's season who's brother came at Sean hard during Hometowns?

Desiree deserves better than JP 🙂 Seems like she got it too

My point was that he was probably relieved that he wasn't chosen.

On 6/9/2020 at 1:29 PM, alexa said:

Whatever they showed last night, it actually seemed like a decent goodbye.  She definitely wanted to stay and thought they had something, and he was really receptive to what she had to say.  Maybe there was something else at another time?  Either way, she seemed very sweet.  

She was a doll, i have always loved her . I also wish they weren’t showing katelyns season - yuk- and Ben- yawn. Ashlee was gorgeous , but seemed a bit crazy on subsequent shows . 

Ok so i tried to watch . I tried really hard .. but Tierra ... ugh . Was nice to see some of the ladies again, but i definitely cannot sit through Tierra. I loved Sarah Herron 

If i was Catherine , i would hate watching my husband being intimate with others even 8 years later .

• Love 3