Type keyword(s) to search

Best of the Bachelor: Favorite Contestants, Episodes, Seasons

regardez
  • Start Topic

21 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Just a few observations from the show tonight.... 

Cassie’s interview- if you don’t want to talk about the Colton breakup, maybe don’t agree to an interview. It is literally the only thing anyone wants to ask you about. 

This franchise really commits to a narrative, all facts to the contrary notwithstanding. For example, Chris kept trying to sell the heartbreak and devastation of Trista in Season 1 and Charlie in Trista’s season despite the fact the neither of them seemed anything more than a bit disappointed. It was kind of nice to see adults react normally to a breakup instead of the histrionics we are subject to now. 

In such a sucker . I really thought she might pick Charlie but true he didn’t look that upset . Ryan was a great pick. And yeah Cassie - ugh. Yeah don’t agree to an interview and be all coy < eyeroll> .

• Love 1

I think Charlie would have been a fantastic Bachelor if back then they were picking the leads from the reject pile like they do now. I remember being absolutely gobsmacked when Charlie got out of the limo first because 1) he was such a catch 2) I did not "get" Ryan at all. Back then, I honestly thought Ryan was a little slow--my apologies to Ryan who turned out to be a good guy.   It was good to see Charlie again and his wife is a lucky lady.  

I laugh when I think about how horrified Alex Michel must be to have attached his Harvard/Stanford persona to a show that is generally considered trash by those who don't see the intrinsic human comedy in it like we all do! No wonder he has ghosted it.  I was very disappointed that they did not show the very tender moment when Alex asked Amanda point blank what was the deal with her boobs. Were they real? That was so awkward yet all these years later, very memorable. Watching back, his final rose ceremony pronouncement to Trista that she was not the "winner" was so odd. He said his piece, she smiled and was quietly led away.  Did Trista get an award for being the first to cry in the limo?

What is Cassie doing to her face? She is starting to look very plastic and doll-like. I heard she was upset with the edit of her interview because they focused on her breakup with Colton. Did she think we wanted an update on her friendship with Caelynn?  Sadly, I do not think Cassie is going to be the breakout star of Bachelor Nation.  

Very excited that Brad Womack is next. Looking forward to seeing if we get updates from Deanna, MIchele Money, Emily Maynard and also Chantal, who was Brad's runner up.  

• Love 8

Cassie was upset because they didn’t ask about other aspects of her life , such as her new tattoo . That’s actually what she said .  Yes Cassie , because your tattoo is so important to the world . No . One. Cares . 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

I kinda want a train wreck episode.  Give us Jake and Vienna.  Don Pablo and his asshole and the elderly season with the fisherman, whoever it was that chose Courtney. . . .

But that might be glorifying domestic violence for a couple of them though.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, meatball77 said:

I kinda want a train wreck episode.  Give us Jake and Vienna. 

That was the first season i\I watched closely and I was riveted by Vienna.  She just didn't, er, look like the other women, and I thought the producers had made some sort of mistake.  Then she proceeded to be very pushy and made a fool of herself every week so I was sorry and  embarrassed for her the whole time.  Imagine my surprise at the outcome.  Of course Jake himself was idiotic, great big proud  smile immediately after every kiss, as though he had accomplished something amazing.

9 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Very excited that Brad Womack is next. Looking forward to seeing if we get updates from Deanna, MIchele Money, Emily Maynard and also Chantal, who was Brad's runner up.  

Brad had a group of gorgeous women.  Chantal was breath taking.  My best memory from his season was Brad walking up with a best of date rose while Ashley and some others were sitting in the hot tub.  Ashley groaned, and said, "I hate this part," and he got mad and sort of broke the third wall talking about how she knew he had no choice but to do that stuff and she was making it harder.  Heh.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Cassie was upset because they didn’t ask about other aspects of her life , such as her new tattoo . That’s actually what she said .  Yes Cassie , because your tattoo is so important to the world . No . One. Cares . 

What an awful person.  Why does Chris feel the need to kiss her ass?  She was using Colton and the show 100% and everyone knew it but Colton.  I don't get it!!!!!  

• Love 7

I kinda want a train wreck episode.  Give us Jake and Vienna. 

I was riveted by Vienna.  She just didn't, er, look like the other women, and I thought the producers had made some sort of mistake.  Then she proceeded to be very pushy and made a fool of herself every week so I was sorry and  embarrassed for her the whole time.  Imagine my surprise at the outcome.  

That was the first season I was "spoiled" and I could not believe that Vienna was the winner. Jake's On the Wings of Love season was nothing compared to the breakup special with Jake and Vienna. Watch it on YouTube -- it's amazing.  

• Love 4
(edited)
21 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

In such a sucker . I really thought she might pick Charlie but true he didn’t look that upset . Ryan was a great pick. And yeah Cassie - ugh. Yeah don’t agree to an interview and be all coy < eyeroll> .

I remember how much chemistry she had with Charlie. When I watched it all those years ago, I was surprised she didn't pick Charlie. I also cracked up then and now at her reaction to the one guy's postage stamp apartment in NYC. It was so clear by her expression that she has horrified.  It did not bode well for him! And I still think Jamie is hot! 

Charlie looks ok now but needs to ease up on the hair dye. Yikes. Very obvious. 

Trish looked really good in the update. Ryan... gosh. What happened to his hair? 

Agree about Cassie. I don't understand why she did the interview. It seemed like a waste and Chris Harrison didn't really know what to do with her. 

I got the impression the Alex/Amanda connection was mostly sexual attraction. Not surprised it didn't last.

I wonder what Alex has been up to? Has he ever married? Had children? I'm kind of impressed he has stayed under the radar this long. 

I'm looking forward to seeing Brad's season(s) again. I watched both and liked him as the Bachelor. 

I wish they'd do Aaron from the second season because I never watched that one. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I remember thinking Trista picked Ryan because she really wanted to get married.  She knew Ryan would marry her.  I don't know if she was as sure of Charlie.  They just had this great sexual chemistry.  I preferred Charlie.  But I was sick of Ryan's poems.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 7/7/2020 at 4:29 PM, sioux21 said:

I remember Trista being raked over the coals for always baby-talking. "For her part, Trista talked in that baby-talk coo more frequently as the previous weeks — and the last show — went on. " Article from EW 2003

I remember that too and i do remember at the time i did think she had a baby talk voice . Still do . But she was an awesome. Bachelorette .

19 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

I think Charlie would have been a fantastic Bachelor if back then they were picking the leads from the reject pile like they do now. I remember being absolutely gobsmacked when Charlie got out of the limo first because 1) he was such a catch 2) I did not "get" Ryan at all. Back then, I honestly thought Ryan was a little slow--my apologies to Ryan who turned out to be a good guy.   It was good to see Charlie again and his wife is a lucky lady.  

I laugh when I think about how horrified Alex Michel must be to have attached his Harvard/Stanford persona to a show that is generally considered trash by those who don't see the intrinsic human comedy in it like we all do! No wonder he has ghosted it.  I was very disappointed that they did not show the very tender moment when Alex asked Amanda point blank what was the deal with her boobs. Were they real? That was so awkward yet all these years later, very memorable. Watching back, his final rose ceremony pronouncement to Trista that she was not the "winner" was so odd. He said his piece, she smiled and was quietly led away.  Did Trista get an award for being the first to cry in the limo?

What is Cassie doing to her face? She is starting to look very plastic and doll-like. I heard she was upset with the edit of her interview because they focused on her breakup with Colton. Did she think we wanted an update on her friendship with Caelynn?  Sadly, I do not think Cassie is going to be the breakout star of Bachelor Nation.  

Notable that Chantal got a new boyfriend almost immediately . I thought she was stunning .

• Love 3
8 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

That was the first season I was "spoiled" and I could not believe that Vienna was the winner. Jake's On the Wings of Love season was nothing compared to the breakup special with Jake and Vienna. Watch it on YouTube -- it's amazing.  

Hahahah that was crazy . However the best was Aaron and helenes breakup special !

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Hahahah that was crazy . However the best was Aaron and helenes breakup special !

What happened with them? Did Aaron dump her? I can't remember the details. I think I saw part of the breakup show but I missed the regular season. 

I wonder if they've tried to reach Aaron. 

Back then, in those early seasons there was total secrecy and i think they rarely got happy couple visits . But the break up show she basically cried and Aaron came off as a “ himbo” his season is famous for “ crazy Christy 😂

On 7/7/2020 at 2:39 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I swear, I also heard that woman say that somebody else was "not there for the right reasons" when she was eliminated.  I thought that the show would touch on that as well.  Shouldn't one of those women get credit for coining that phrase also?  Or maybe "The Bachelor" doesn't like that phrase?

I think she said: "I'm not here to join a sorority" but it was run together like 30 Rock's "rural juror" and hard to make out. 

Trista and Ryan had a real sweetness together that relly made her season. I couldn't understand her infatuation with Charlie when the season was airing originally, but he doesn't seem bad compared to what came later. Mainly I suppose I disliked his long, greasy hair.

Ryan looked like he could barely keep his eyes open during the remote interview. Wonder why he is changing jobs at this late date? Firemen are sometimes eligible for pensions after 20 years, and he might have had enough years with the Vail fire department to retire and get a new job double-dipping.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 7/7/2020 at 11:46 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

When did she say that?

Until proven otherwise, I will believe that the breakup was due to Colton's realization that he is gay.  Or Cassie's realization that Colton is gay.  Or she is gay.  Something like that.  Otherwise, why all the secrecy and tip-toeing?

• Love 3
On 7/8/2020 at 10:21 PM, Shadow Wave said:

Ryan looked like he could barely keep his eyes open during the remote interview. Wonder why he is changing jobs at this late date? Firemen are sometimes eligible for pensions after 20 years, and he might have had enough years with the Vail fire department to retire and get a new job double-dipping.

Vail to Denver is one hour and 40 minutes by car.  Far, but not too far to commute.  Course, I don't know Ryan's hours, but it seems like he could be home more often, especially as Trista says that his new job is such a strain on the family.  Are fires better in Denver?    Wildfires that he is getting the chance to lead a crew?

Regarding Ryan's being sleepy during the interview: I had assumed those interviews are pre-taped at a time that works for the interviewees.  There should be no reason to make someone stay awake for this.  If done "live" from LA, it would have been about 6pm in Denver, so I am totally confused.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Just Carol said:

Until proven otherwise, I will believe that the breakup was due to Colton's realization that he is gay.  Or Cassie's realization that Colton is gay.  Or she is gay.  Something like that.  Otherwise, why all the secrecy and tip-toeing?

I think the tip-toeing, at least on Cassie's side, is because she was never really into Colton. She felt backed into a corner after he hopped the fence for her and agreed to date him because she didn't want to look like a villain on national television, but their time together didn't change the way she feels about him.

21 minutes ago, Just Carol said:

Regarding Ryan's being sleepy during the interview: I had assumed those interviews are pre-taped at a time that works for the interviewees.  There should be no reason to make someone stay awake for this.  If done "live" from LA, it would have been about 6pm in Denver, so I am totally confused.

Denver is an hour ahead of LA, and the interview with Trista and Ryan was towards the end of the show, so if it was done live, it was close to 11pm for Ryan. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Denver is an hour ahead of LA, and the interview with Trista and Ryan was towards the end of the show, so if it was done live, it was close to 11pm for Ryan. 

It was close to 11pm on the east coast, so would have been 9pm in Denver.  Either way, it seems rude to make Ryan stay up late.  It could have been recorded at a more convenient time.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Just Carol said:

When did she say that?

I think Colton is gay . His interview where he said that he looked up on google “ am I gay ?” Just seems weird . If you’re straight , you know it . Maybe he’s confused , but him having to look it up just pings something . 
I usually don’t care about the virgin stirylines , but I do wonder if him and Cassie ever had sex . I picture him not being able to get it up . Ok I’ll stop now lol . 

that being said , I dont think Cassie was ever that into him . It seemed like she felt it was the right thing to do to be with him but she didn’t really want it . 

• Love 1

I have no idea where to post this, but Sean's season and Juan Pablo's season are both available in full on Hulu, both of which I've never seen. I watched Ashley H's 'ette season and Sean was...fine. Sorta oatmeal-ish, like it's not a bad meal but nobody is like "OMG my death row last meal would absolutely be a big bowl of oatmeal!" He was a nice guy but not particularly exciting, so is his season worth watching? Is Juan Pablo's?

I watched Mesnick's season on Netflix, and I enjoyed watching it, knowing what ended up happening with Melissa and Molly and looking for cues throughout of how Jason really felt. 

Jillian and Andi's 'ette seasons are also on Hulu. I loved Jillian on Mesnick's season so I'm planning on watching that. How's Andi's season? I actually don't know/remember how either season ends, so those will be like brand new seasons for me.

Also, I haven't been watching the GOAT clips show thing they're currently airing, so have these four seasons been covered on there? I'm wondering if the plan is to release the corresponding season to each GOAT episode, which I would be ALL ABOUT as I was a latecomer, and, even then, an on-and-off watcher, of the franchise.

• Love 2

@dvr devotee Sean was on Emily's season, not Ashley's. Ben Flapjack was the guy on Ashley's season who ended up being a Bachelor, and he was the worst one ever IMO. I've only been watching since Brad 1.0, so there may have been worse ones before him (I've heard bad things about Bob and Lorenzo). Juan Pablo was also considered one of the worst, but I found it somewhat entertaining how little he cared about "the process." Plus, Clare was on his season, so if you want to know more about her before her own upcoming Bachelorette season, this is a good opportunity (she truly "shone" on BIP though).

Jillian was on of my favorite Bachelorettes, she was super fun and had a great group of guys (including dreamy Reid), and who can forget the Wes antics. Andi's season was the opposite, she was a wet blanket and her season had Josh Murray, Ick Vile, and Farmer Chris.

• Love 2

I don’t understand why Chris keeps saying Brad blew it in his narrative. Just because he didn’t follow the usual script and pick someone, doesn’t mean he did the wrong thing. You have to do what’s right for you and he wasn’t ok choosing either one of them. Tells me he was serious about finding the real thing. I’d rather not choose than have a fake engagement that would end soon after. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, dizzyd said:

I don’t understand why Chris keeps saying Brad blew it in his narrative. Just because he didn’t follow the usual script and pick someone, doesn’t mean he did the wrong thing. You have to do what’s right for you and he wasn’t ok choosing either one of them. Tells me he was serious about finding the real thing. I’d rather not choose than have a fake engagement that would end soon after. 

Especially after all of the failed relationships this show had anyway.  I never understood why he didn’t get more respect for what he was brave enough to do.  I love seeing it again because he handled it so respectfully and honestly.  It always made me mad how mean Deanna was about it for so long.  Would she rather be with someone that pretended they were ready to marry?  

• Love 13
(edited)

I’d forgotten that 3 of Brad’s women became the B’ette: Deanna, Emily, Ashley. It’s been so long, was his 1st season so uneventful besides the end that none of the other women made it to the recap?

Anyone know how many more of these “GOAT” episodes there’ll be? I’d like to see Firestone, Emily and Jason. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I’d forgotten that 3 of Brad’s women became the B’ette: Deanna, Emily, Ashley. It’s been so long, was his 1st season so uneventful besides the end that none of the other women made it to the recap?

Anyone know how many more of these “GOAT” episodes there’ll be? I’d like to see Firestone, Emily and Jason. 

When they are showing two seasons they feature the last two people to save time.  They did similar for Alex and Trista’s seasons.  

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/19/2020 at 11:15 AM, dvr devotee said:

I have no idea where to post this, but Sean's season and Juan Pablo's season are both available in full on Hulu, both of which I've never seen. I watched Ashley H's 'ette season and Sean was...fine. Sorta oatmeal-ish, like it's not a bad meal but nobody is like "OMG my death row last meal would absolutely be a big bowl of oatmeal!" He was a nice guy but not particularly exciting, so is his season worth watching? Is Juan Pablo's?

I watched Mesnick's season on Netflix, and I enjoyed watching it, knowing what ended up happening with Melissa and Molly and looking for cues throughout of how Jason really felt. 

Jillian and Andi's 'ette seasons are also on Hulu. I loved Jillian on Mesnick's season so I'm planning on watching that. How's Andi's season? I actually don't know/remember how either season ends, so those will be like brand new seasons for me.

Also, I haven't been watching the GOAT clips show thing they're currently airing, so have these four seasons been covered on there? I'm wondering if the plan is to release the corresponding season to each GOAT episode, which I would be ALL ABOUT as I was a latecomer, and, even then, an on-and-off watcher, of the franchise.

Ugh!!!!  No Hulu in Canada.  I wish I could see these.  I don't think anything is on Canadian Netflix either.  Canadian Netflix is so much more limited than American.

So far on the "Bachelor GOAT" seasons we have seen:

Alex Michel, Sean Lowe, Brad Womack
Trista Sutter, Kaitlyn Bristowe, JoJo Fletcher

Sorry if I have missed any?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
(edited)
50 minutes ago, alexa said:

Brad was great.  He is such a nice guy and has really handled all of his experiences well.  I enjoyed his interviews tonight.

He is looking SO HOT in quarantine 

Emily and Chantal are so beautiful.  Sometimes Chantal looks like Marion Cotillard.  When Emily and Brad were hanging out I was like OMG this is so hot LOL

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I’m going to pass on Ali’s season. I like her but her guys and her season were rubbish. And I can’t believe there’s 3h worth to show. 

I never saw it so I'm into it.

Apparently next week there's no show ☹️  ☹️  ☹️  ☹️

9 hours ago, alexa said:

Mistake?  They popped up a message that Sean Lowe’s season is on next week.  Um...it was on the first week?  

No mistake.  Next week is a rerun of Sean's season.

I've always liked Brad and was so glad to see him last night. He is so kind and respectful and fully acknowledges his own faults. Although I never saw a problem with him not choosing Deanna or Jenni in his first season. It was sad to see Deanna still hasn't accepted it - she was still wondering why he didn't choose anyone. I know it must hurt but she should look at how he was with Emily and his proposal to her - he just fell more in love with another woman, and didn't feel that way for her. 

I must be a big loser, because when I saw him bring out his new "lady love", it hurt a bit, not gonna lie LOL. She is one lucky woman. They don't cast men like him anymore. I wish them well.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, thejuicer said:

I've always liked Brad and was so glad to see him last night. He is so kind and respectful and fully acknowledges his own faults. Although I never saw a problem with him not choosing Deanna or Jenni in his first season. It was sad to see Deanna still hasn't accepted it - she was still wondering why he didn't choose anyone. I know it must hurt but she should look at how he was with Emily and his proposal to her - he just fell more in love with another woman, and didn't feel that way for her. 

I must be a big loser, because when I saw him bring out his new "lady love", it hurt a bit, not gonna lie LOL. She is one lucky woman. They don't cast men like him anymore. I wish them well.

I agree about Deanna, as she is married and has kids with the right person for her.  And she had a failed relationship in her stint as the bachelorette...it should be obvious he made the right choice--in the end she got what she wanted with another person.  And she is older now and should be able to see this. 

He is very nice and describes his feelings well, and I think in any of the rewatches of his shows--it is clear he went through a lot after not choosing any of them.  He went to therapy, he took time to learn about himself, he went back to be the bachelor, fell in love with Emily.  It didn't work out, but he tried, and he still went on to have a good life and learn from his experiences.  I have never liked Deanna for this reason.  I thought she had finally grown up but nope, she is still a little bitter over a love that wasn't going to work out anyway.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, alexa said:

Well, that is stupid, lol. 

Agreed.   All I can figure is they didn't get Chris H to do as many episodes as they wanted before he had to go into quarantine for Clare's filming.  I have a feeling we will be getting new GOAT's sporadically.

• Love 5
(edited)

I totally would have watched a third season with Brad. He looks so good, quarin-beard and all. Glad he’s found happiness though. He definitely seems like one of the nicest, and most real, of the bunch. 

Edited by Lsk02
  • Love 11
(edited)

I really enjoyed Brad's recap last night. It was refreshing to see a lead who could speak English sentences and have them make sense, something that's lacking in the franchise these days. He was also so good looking! I didn't recognize him today, might be the beard. But he's still as articulate and genuine, so IMO the guy is real. Although after showing two rejections in a row, then a third, I wanted to ask my teevee if he had those rejection speeches pre-recorded. I remember him choosing Emily but didn't remember his second choice. I also remember how much chatter went on about the Emily/Brad breakup. Brad was so gentlemanly about it last night, but seems to me it was Emily who was pretty much a shrew who wanted everything her way.

I didn't like Emily on her season, in fact I strongly disliked her. But she was good on Brad's season and I liked her last night, so I guess I've mellowed over the years of watching cr*p contestants ruin this franchise. Her teeth really glowed white though, now that I have a HD tv.

It was refreshing to see Emily refrain from telling Brad about Ricky and Little Ricki until well into the season, unlike today's players who dump a heart-breaking sob story on the lead the first night so they get a pity rose.

It was fun to see some old favs now that I know them, like Michelle Money and Ashley. I had forgotten they came from Brad's season. Michelle really set the standard for villain, a role that is a required SOP these days.

I thought Brad's "bombshell" news would be he got married or engaged or something, not just that he has a girlfriend after 10 years. I wish the BIG NEWS would be he was coming back to be the The Bachelor. I could totally watch a third season of a smart, well-spoken real person man.

I noticed very few "likes" in any of the conversations last night. WTH is wrong with people today that they can't string a sentence together without gluing all the words to each other with a bunch of "likes."

Next episode is Ali, so we'll see lots of Rubber Toe. And Rated R making his escape through the hotel bushes. Those were some good times even if Ali wasn't ... "all that" ... as the B-ette. Was hers the season where "Protect Your Heart" Casey was left on the snowbank after being kicked off the train?

Loved seeing Ashley and JP. I was crazy about JP on her season, and I'm happy to see he (and she) are both the real people they were on the show. Unlike the Insta Shills that make up the cast these days.

Also thought Emily's husband was good looking. I knew they met at church but had never seen a pic before. Good on him for being able to tolerate her!

ETA: Didn't Chantal put Brad on an embalming table during her hometown? I wish they would have shown that part!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I really enjoyed Brad's recap last night. It was refreshing to see a lead who could speak English sentences and have them make sense, something that's lacking in the franchise these days. He was also so good looking! I didn't recognize him today, might be the beard. But he's still as articulate and genuine, so IMO the guy is real. Although after showing two rejections in a row, then a third, I wanted to ask my teevee if he had those rejection speeches pre-recorded. I remember him choosing Emily but didn't remember his second choice. I also remember how much chatter went on about the Emily/Brad breakup. Brad was so gentlemanly about it last night, but seems to me it was Emily who was pretty much a shrew who wanted everything her way.

I didn't like Emily on her season, in fact I strongly disliked her. But she was good on Brad's season and I liked her last night, so I guess I've mellowed over the years of watching cr*p contestants ruin this franchise. Her teeth really glowed white though, now that I have a HD tv.

It was refreshing to see Emily refrain from telling Brad about Ricky and Little Ricki until well into the season, unlike today's players who dump a heart-breaking sob story on the lead the first night so they get a pity rose.

It was fun to see some old favs now that I know them, like Michelle Money and Ashley. I had forgotten they came from Brad's season. Michelle really set the standard for villain, a role that is a required SOP these days.

I thought Brad's "bombshell" news would be he got married or engaged or something, not just that he has a girlfriend after 10 years. I wish the BIG NEWS would be he was coming back to be the The Bachelor. I could totally watch a third season of a smart, well-spoken real person man.

I noticed very few "likes" in any of the conversations last night. WTH is wrong with people today that they can't string a sentence together without gluing all the words to each other with a bunch of "likes."

Next episode is Ali, so we'll see lots of Rubber Toe. And Rated R making his escape through the hotel bushes. Those were some good times even if Ali wasn't ... "all that" ... as the B-ette. Was hers the season where "Protect Your Heart" Casey was left on the snowbank after being kicked off the train?

Loved seeing Ashley and JP. I was crazy about JP on her season, and I'm happy to see he (and she) are both the real people they were on the show. Unlike the Insta Shills that make up the cast these days.

Also thought Emily's husband was good looking. I knew they met at church but had never seen a pic before. Good on him for being able to tolerate her!

ETA: Didn't Chantal put Brad on an embalming table during her hometown? I wish they would have shown that part!

WORD to your entire post!!! It was so wonderful to see a lead who could actually converse. Anyone know how old Brad is now? Mid 40s? His gf is pretty but looks too young for him. I wonder if he will ever settle down.

It was SHAWNTEL , not Chantal, who put Brad on an embalming table. I loved, loved, loved Chantal and cried when Brad didn't pick her. Was very happy to see her looking so lovely, married with children, and happy. She vanished from Bachelor Nation. Good for her!

Emily was just alright for me on Brad's season but I hated her as the lead. I didn't know about this site back then but I got some pushback from folks who thought I was mean for ragging on her appearance. To me she's not the great beauty everyone thinks...with her giant veneers and bleached blond hair. She had a very high opinion of herself. Yes, it was sad about Ricky but many others have suffered equally sad losses in their lives. She just came off as superior and entitled to me. I did appreciate her telling off that jackass who said that little Ricki was baggage. Kids are off limits.

• Love 5
(edited)
21 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Emily was just alright for me on Brad's season but I hated her as the lead. I didn't know about this site back then but I got some pushback from folks who thought I was mean for ragging on her appearance. To me she's not the great beauty everyone thinks...with her giant veneers and bleached blond hair. She had a very high opinion of herself. Yes, it was sad about Ricky but many others have suffered equally sad losses in their lives. She just came off as superior and entitled to me. I did appreciate her telling off that jackass who said that little Ricki was baggage. Kids are off limits.

21 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

It was SHAWNTEL , not Chantal, who put Brad on an embalming table. I loved, loved, loved Chantal and cried when Brad didn't pick her. Was very happy to see her looking so lovely, married with children, and happy. She vanished from Bachelor Nation. Good for her!

Thanks for clearing up my Shawntel/Chantal confusion. I thought Chantal's TH said she was a funeral director, but maybe that too was Shawntel. I remember that HT date being almost as good as the Wisconsin dad's taxidermy animals in the basement freezer, whatever season that was. I remember liking that guy but the B-ette was too freaked by dad's dead animals for him to go further.

I agree wholeheartedly about Emily's season. I remember her holding out for more $ and she got it, being the highest-paid B-ette in history. That might still stand. Because of her not being able to close her lips over the veneers, I paid attention to that last night so noticed how the room lit up by her glowing teeth when she spoke/smiled at Brad.

I remember that scene with all Emily's guys in the swimming pool and the discussion/fight over Little Ricki being baggage. I just don't remember what guys were involved. Not that I need to!

And yeay to Chantal still looking gorgeous and not having to pimp herself in Bachelor Nation. I also thought Jenni stayed true to herself. I didn't watch Deanna's season for some reason. Looking back, now I'm glad I did not!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 5

I always liked Jenni more than Deanna.  Deanna acted like she was so much more hurt than Jenni.  He sent both of them home the same night.  Why did she think it was all so much worse for her?

I liked Chantal more than Emily.  Emily was always kind of fake to me.  Fake teeth, hair, tan, boobs and whatever else.

I wish they could find more bachelors like Brad. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Thanks for clearing up my Shawntel/Chantal confusion. I thought Chantal's TH said she was a funeral director, but maybe that too was Shawntel. I remember that HT date being almost as good as the Wisconsin dad's taxidermy animals in the basement freezer, whatever season that was. I remember liking that guy but the B-ette was too freaked by dad's dead animals for him to go further.

Shawntel was/is the funeral director. Chantal helped her stepdad run his car dealerships before going on the show; I don't know if she still works now that she has kids. Her stepdad used to pay for the Seahawks so he's a minor celebrity in the Seattle area.

The taxidermy HTD was on Ali's season, so hopefully we'll get to see it again when they recap her season. It was hilarious.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
20 hours ago, alexa said:

Brad was great.  He is such a nice guy and has really handled all of his experiences well.  I enjoyed his interviews tonight.

I've always liked him. I also think he's the best-looking bachelor of all, a real hunk! He still looks good although I don't like the beard. I never understood all the flack and hate he got for not picking either of them first season. So is it better to pick someone you aren't really in love with only to break up with them weeks/months later? Yes, I guess so according to the producers and The Bachelor Nation. 

Anyway, he isn't the only one not to pick someone is he? Didn't Jen not pick anyone as Bachelorette? I can't remember if there was anyone else. 

Brad was really into Emily. It was apparent even at the start of the season. I remember how he kind of chased her and she was this demure southern belle type. She had it down pat. I liked Chantal better but figured Brad would pick Emily. It was clear he was smitten with Emily. 

I remember when they did ATFR there was a lot of tension between them. Some of it was Emily still being really angry after watching him with Chantal during the airing of the show, especially the treehouse. They didn't get into it during the update but back then they said that caused a big rift between them. Emily would call him furious after an episode of the show had aired. IIRC, she also didn't want to leave Charlotte and move to Austin, which was another problem for them as a couple. 

Emily is stunning but I was surprised when she said she was 34. I thought she was older than that. 

Michelle and Chantel both looked really good, as did Ashley. Actually, all of them looked good. Was there a filter over the camera LOL? 

I'm glad Brad found someone but I wouldn't call the fact that he's dating someone a "stunning announcement." Typical hyperbole from CH. 

thejuicer, I'm right there with you! I feel a little guilty because I'm married, but I guess I still have a little crush on Brad LOL. (It's also depressing because I'm older than Brad and his girlfriend looks like she's 15 years younger than him.) 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Emily is stunning but I was surprised when she said she was 34. I thought she was older than that. 

Yeah, me too. So she was 24 when she went on Brad's season. She always seemed older. That also meant she got pregnant when she was a teen, but nowhere did I ever see her ranked on or criticized for that, it was never mentioned. I would not have recognized her today, it's like her bright yellow hair was white/grey.

I don't blame anyone for crushing on Brad. I'm right there with you.

• Love 4

I was so pro-Chantal and was really wishing Brad would pick her, but saw the writing on the wall with Emily, who was just alright.  I did love Emily's season, however, because she had really fun guys and the Jef/Arie/Sean bromance was so fun.  

Pilot Pete should have done what Brad did and pick no one, but PP doesn't have the balls to be honest. It took guts for Brad to be completely honest and watching him get slapped for it on the first night of the next season didn't feel right.  

I'm glad Brad has a new girlfriend, although with the way Chris Harrison led up to the announcement I half expected the new love of Brad's life to be a dog.  And, having watched all these Goat episodes, I'm wondering does every single ex-Bachelor peep live in a totally updated kitchen?  

]

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

thejuicer, I'm right there with you! I feel a little guilty because I'm married, but I guess I still have a little crush on Brad LOL. (It's also depressing because I'm older than Brad and his girlfriend looks like she's 15 years younger than him.) 

Ha I am also married but my poor husband will have to deal with it. 

I never liked Chantel because I didn't like her slapping Brad on the first night. I know it was meant to be a joke but I found it distasteful.  Imagine if a man had walked up and slapped a bachelorette on the first night!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7