Type keyword(s) to search

Best of the Bachelor: Favorite Contestants, Episodes, Seasons

regardez
  • Start Topic

What channel are you finding these on? I wanna watch too!

Whitney has NOT set the women's movement back!  She knows what she wants.  For some women that's a career.  For others it's marriage and family.  If that's what she truly wants then what's wrong with that?  Didn't we fight all these years so women could make choices and NOT to tell them what their choices SHOULD be?

• Love 3

That sucks. I would give anything to rewatch Meredith, Andrew and Charlie's seaons.

Do you by any chance have an old vcr machine that still works? I have some old Meredith/Ian tapes you could have.

I never watched Jason Mesnick's season, but I have seen his big balcony scene, and I saw the ATFR clip of him breaking it off with Melissa. I suppose I could watch the season to get to the bottom of it, but why did he pick Melissa first? (There's been a lot of talk about Chris being torn, etc., and it put me in mind of Jason's choice.)

I know he said that on the day he proposed, Melissa was everything he wanted...and then she changed (or rather, he changed his mind). Was there more going on? After the cry on the balcony, it seemed odd for him to turn around and propose to someone else.

Thanks!

I think it was a combination of Melissa being perfect on paper (sweet, bubbly, wanted to become a teacher, got along well with his son) and a trophy (she was a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader at the time). Jason mentioned several times how bizarre he found it that a woman like Melissa would be interested in a guy like him. His connection with Molly always seemed more genuine, but she didn't hit it off with his son, and IIRC his parents and brother were in favor of Melissa. 

• Love 2

Thanks, Chocolatine. I guess I can see why Jason did what he did, especially if his family - and especially his son - preferred Melissa. (It must have been a very interesting family gathering when Jason brought Molly home post-ATFR!) I guess I should take the plunge and watch the season :)

RS denies it now(possibly because of his friendship with Jason and Molly) but I've been reading RS's spoilers since Jason's season, and at the time RS claimed that production asked Jason to choose Melissa and dump her at the ATFR because they wanted to have the most dramatic ATRF ever.  Melissa supposedly was in on it.

• Love 1

Oh man, I would give anything to see Season 2 with Aaron Buerge again. I was in college that year and was the only one of my friends with cable.  A bunch of us would get together and just heckle the show mercilessly, so it has a special place in my heart. Also my favorite contestant ever Christi, who cried over/to/about Aaron CONSTANTLY and was batshit beyond belief. The New York Times snippet about that season sums it up so well:

Best of all, there was Christi, Fatal Attraction Barbie, backbiting and stirring up emotional drama, sobbing in the Bachelor's arms because the other girls were mean to her. After the Bachelor rejected her -- even he said, ''I think Christi had a 'Fatal Attraction' thing'' -- she could barely keep her hysteria under control as she cried and said, ''I was supposed to have another opportunity to show Aaron that I'm not an emotional basket case.''

Ahh, memories. 

• Love 2

Oh yes! I still remember that group date to an amusement park, where Aaron issued a skeeball challenge: he'd go on the ferris wheel with the woman who got the most points in skeeball. Turns out, Christi was a skeeball demon and handily beat the other women. So then Aaron laughs and says, "well, why don't we do another round?" The look on Christi's face was priceless. Aaron soooo did not want to be alone with her and she just didn't get it.

I was curious to see where Christi landed. It looks like she's gotten married, lives in Boise and has a young daughter. She still has that intense look in her eye. I'd totally forgotten that she was Miss Idaho. Didn't some of the other girls make fun of her pageant background?

Chiming in as loving the Ashley/JP season and so happy they are married with kid.

I also loved Jillian and watch her show on HGTV regularly.

Favorite contestants have to be Ryan (Trista's), Tessa (Andy's), Chantal and Shawntel (Brad 2.0,), Ames (Ashley), Roberto and Chris (Ali's)

Least favorite leads - Ben and Emily.  I so enjoyed the schadenfreude of watching these two show everyone how fake and obnoxious they really were.  The cheating stories which came out after their respective seasons turning out to be true were just "icing on the cake".

One thing I have always respected about Brad after his 2nd season and Roberto is that neither went on TV or appeared on the cover of People magazine crying fake tears about the demise of their respective relationships.  I think Brad made a couple of comments right before Emily's season wishing her well and that's about it.

• Love 2
(edited)

Not sure about Ben but a few months after Emily's season, US Weekly released a bombshell, that she was apparently caught by Jef sexting with another guy while on a family trip with him and his family at the family's vacation home. She and Jef publicly denied it but it later came out that US Weekly's source for the story was Jef's own brother who was present at the time. Emily and Jef eventually ended obviously and to his credit he never spoke ill about so she was able to continue maintaining her innocent, southern belle act, even though most people now believe with certainty that the story was true.

Edited by truthaboutluv

US Weekly also published several photos of Ben with another gal and when he tried to claim that they are a year old, they published confirmation from the designer of the outfit she was wearing that it was from the most recent season.

Reality Steve  published a series of emails from Jef's alleged girlfriend/FOB at the time he went on the show.  She had contacted him shortly after filming started  and he was trying to get her to go on the record about him.  RS says that this is one of the reasons why he held off on publishing Jef as F1. She stopped contact with RS and the season concluded. 

Fast forward to the Emily cheating story breaking and lo and behold Jef contacts old girlfriend/FOB and wants to hook-up.  She claims that Jef told her that story was true and that he demanded money from Emily to throw his brother under the bus and keep up the happy couple facade.  Jef and Emily broke up after fromer girlfriend/FOB eventually went to US with her story.  Since the Emily fanatics wouldn't believe that their sweet, naive, super special snowflake would ever cheat on her man, Jef bore the brunt of the breakup blame.  Jef did eventually confirm that both stories were true but most of Bachelor Nation had moved on and Jef had already showed his ass in other ways.

BTW - the guy Emily was sexting allegedly was Matt Leinart, Heisman Trophy winner and washout as an NFL QB.  His personal life is another story altogether.

• Useful 1

Not sure about Ben but a few months after Emily's season, US Weekly released a bombshell, that she was apparently caught by Jef sexting with another guy while on a family trip with him and his family at the family's vacation home. She and Jef publicly denied it but it later came out that US Weekly's source for the story was Jef's own brother who was present at the time. Emily and Jef eventually ended obviously and to his credit he never spoke ill about so she was able to continue maintaining her innocent, southern belle act, even though most people now believe with certainty that the story was true.

Jef and Emily were a MESS. She was such a non factor during Brad's season that I was utterly shocked how much fans loved her since she was so plastic and fake. I know Chantal was an emotional mess but I really thought she had a connection with Brad and he would pick her. The BTS gossip during her season was so good. I totally believe she slept with both Jef and Arie even though the show made it seem she sent them off to their rooms just like I totally believe this story.

• Love 1
She was such a non factor during Brad's season that I was utterly shocked how much fans loved her since she was so plastic and fake.

I don't know if I'd say she was a non-factor during Brad's season since he ended up picking her and in fact, that's how many figured out Reality Steve had to be wrong with his spoiler that Chantal was F1 because it was pretty obvious, and I thought so too, that Brad was totally enamored by Emily. What I will say is that I did find her damn boring and couldn't understand why Brad was so clearly enamored by her and yeah I was really surprised to later find out she had all these fans after the season. I think Emily at one point and maybe even still does, had the most twitter followers of any lead. Again, I thought she was duller than dishwater but whatever. 

As for her and Jef, yeah what a hot mess that turned out to be. I don't know about the above, with Jef confirming everything since honestly, I haven't seen or heard anything from Jef in forever. He seems completely removed from the Bachelor world and good for him I say. I mean once they broke up I think everyone pretty much knew the US Weekly bombshell was true. The only thing I called bullshit on was the whole thing about Emily paying Jef because that made no sense to me with how loaded his family is. Jef is as much a rich, privileged trust fund baby as Emily is. 

• Love 1

What a fun thread.  Bringing back so many memories ( and some I still don't recall).  I should  be cleaning and getting ready for a weekend trip but this is a good excuse to take a break.

That navy doctor  Andy?  (who?? yeah exactly) dullest.  Jesse football player.. dumbest  (going Tubbing not tubing and calling the wrong name at TR ceremony. etc just a dunderhead overall. .  Blob:  Excited at first thinking he was down-to -earth real guy..boy was THAT not the truth.  I believed he picked Helene(name?) rather than Kelly Jo? (sorry it's been a long time) because she had  little family to piss off (just her mom at the hometown, and I believe she lived in LA where Blob wanted to be to hawk his 'talent'.  A conceited self-serving ass-hole. 

Dr. Travis Stork.  a stuck-up,  stick-up-the-butt .  Hated how he treated Orange peel-for-teeth girl although he did apologize.(still he lost me) The hideous female Dr. (my eggs are rotting..what's wrong with me?? my boobs not big enough) moments were great..  So stand-offish as though he doesn't like people. I don't know how he treats patients.

Jake.  What a geek.  I may have originally been on board with him being TB .   I thought he actually might look for a regular girl who had nice down-to-earth qualities.  (thought the same about Ben Flapjack)  instead..Vienna.  

However that did give me one of my most treasured and delicious moments on the show-- their fight hosted by CH.  My show-watching gf missed so we watched together (me again) the next night.  I told her she would sympathize with V in the end--she was like NO WAY!!   But in the end we did.  Amazing for how much we could not STAND Vienna. Jake was a major dope and I was glad he got what he got for being so immature.  Gawd that was good!

I like Charlie.  He was fun--had a great personality and admired going for Sarah? as she wasn't the 'hottest' but the most real.  

I liked Andy Firestone but like others,  I enjoyed the family having to tell him his gf was a phony (and also quite stupid.) I lost respect for him with that choice.  But the choice fascinated me because he came from smarts, was smart, came from class, had class.I know his family is intelligent and he's used to intelligent conversation.   I know they say men think with their d**k.. and I hate that simplistic statement-- it still didn't make sense. Maybe what they say about the  attraction to people who are emotionally unavailable. Small minded girl who never put two thoughts together. The chasm in their maturity and intelligence ..idk.  

Yeah..but then Jen.. Dry. boring.stick -in the-mud .      Jillian my favorite.  I thought her group of men were bad.  I loved her look..she wasn't 'hollywood' pretty', but very attractive in her own unique way.  Now she got a nose job and is indistinguishable from other women on tv.  A shame to me.  

I could go on.. have to get back to work!!  I may reread the posts later and post again.  Very fun 

• Love 4

Rereading and commenting--too much to quote. Enjoying all the posts above..

Byron.... there was a creep factor there.   And there was a big red flag having to do with his ex.  He would get very hyped up when he talked about her--she was a stripper or something..wild child at least.   That told the story for me with him.  The first shiny object..no depth, runs for the unavailable crazy bitch.  Mary ended up getting arrested for battery with him or something.  I think he likes crazy and i suspect too much booze and drugs.   Loser

Was it Ali who was in love with Frankie who lived in his bedroom in his parents' Chicago apt after going to France to write a book or something??   That was odd.  (was it Ali??)  That nebishy guy..  Whoever the bachette was I didn't get it.  (Frankeeeee!!  clean up your room!!" )  

Can barely remember the first 2 Bachelor seasons.  I recall Trista really pushing the guy to say she was the one.   Wish I could see them again.  I think on the first season a couple girls walked out of the rose ceremony feeling like it was demeaning or something.  I know I'd enjoy the innocence of it now.

Not a fan of Tina Fabulous.  I admire the rare few that don't throw themselves pathetically and she held her own there but she was too into her image of 'me the Tina fabulous' .  She was a cold fish.  

Still pissed at Emily.  What a phony baloney.  I was a big fan of hers..and was duped like other fans were.  Picking Jef gave me the impression she was really in it, but guess not.   I don't think it had anything to do with Jef.  (But I don't keep up with afterstories much, other than her sexting thing)   Arie's family esp. the mom..weren't they a little "Addams family" if I recall??  

Deanna (and Graham).  what a disaster.   Didn't his mom say his 'relationships' last less than a month??  I am very curious what's with him.  He seems very disinterested in dating and women yet I don't think he's gay. just odd.  Was annoyed to see him on BiP and again just taking up space till the show was over.  Again with the 'emotionally unavailable' .  Don't get it.

I wasn't on a forum until this season so i have lots of bottled up thoughts and opinions uncorked here!!   Back to work for now.

I don't remember his girls  .I vaguely recall he had a two on one date and I believe Tessa was on that date? And that kind of showed he was very into her if I recall.  Think it was her. At least he had the sense to pick an awesome girl.. 

Not a fan of Tina Fabulous.  I admire the rare few that don't throw themselves pathetically and she held her own there but she was too into her image of 'me the Tina fabulous' .  She was a cold fish.

I could not STAND her, and I didn't find her remotely fabulous!
  • Love 1

Just watched a couple of minutes of Emily's After the Final Rose show. Man, Jef and Arie ... Why oh why can they not get one of them for the bachelor instead of always casting the dullest guy from the previous season. Maybe I'm getting old, but I was in awe of how young and pretty Arie and Jef looked. And probably still do. It wasn't that long ago, was it?

My favorite bachelor is still Andrew Firestone. He knew how to behave himself, was well spoken and had a good sense of humour - or so I seem to remember from the bloopers.

I kind of liked the british bachelor, but i don't think I've ever hated a pick more than I did Shayne Lamas. She was just a terrible, fake person.

Favorite bachelorette is definitly Jillian. Fun and nice. I like her, even though she picked idiot Ed and ruined her face with plastic surgery.

But at the end of the day I'm here for the wrong reasons, and the people who have given me most joy in that department are Jake Pavelka, his dear Vienna and Jason Mesnick. Honorable mention to Tierra, Chris Bukowski, Kelsey Poe and bachelor Ben. Kasey Kahl gave me the best laughs. I'll never forget the look on Ali's face when he sang to her about their helicopter ride over a drink of champagne.

• Love 5

Can barely remember the first 2 Bachelor seasons.  I recall Trista really pushing the guy to say she was the one.   Wish I could see them again.  I think on the first season a couple girls walked out of the rose ceremony feeling like it was demeaning or something.  I know I'd enjoy the innocence of it now.

My husband recently found a copy of Best of The Bachelor at a thrift store and bought it for me - it's a condensed version of the very first season, and it is CRAZY to watch back! Although I would not call it "innocent": they actually have a camera in one of the fantasy suites at one point, and there were several moments where I felt like it was even raunchier than it is these days. Good stuff. You can find it on Amazon (or at a thrift store, if you're lucky)! I think it's the only DVD "season" out there.

• Love 1

The video resolution is shitty but I found Travis's season on a Chinese site called tudou.com. Susan was one of the most beautiful contestants ever, but because that season was prehistoric I'd never read about her on boards or seen her on clip shows. Preternaturally pretty. After the show she worked at a few dot-coms (incl. Facebook) and recently founded women.com.

On 2/27/2015 at 10:14 AM, Adeejay said:

I don’t care for Sharleen.  She seems to have an inflated sense of self.  I don’t think she is as intelligent and clever as she would have others believe.

Same. She bought into her own hype as being the most intelligent, interesting, insightful person The Bachelor has had the privilege of casting.

On 1/21/2016 at 6:49 PM, musingbella said:

My husband recently found a copy of Best of The Bachelor at a thrift store and bought it for me - it's a condensed version of the very first season, and it is CRAZY to watch back! Although I would not call it "innocent": they actually have a camera in one of the fantasy suites at one point, and there were several moments where I felt like it was even raunchier than it is these days.

It was. Trista talked about her orgasms! Btw, the first Bachelor and Bachelorette seasons are currently on abc.com.

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 1
On 1/21/2016 at 3:49 PM, musingbella said:

My husband recently found a copy of Best of The Bachelor at a thrift store and bought it for me - it's a condensed version of the very first season, and it is CRAZY to watch back! Although I would not call it "innocent": they actually have a camera in one of the fantasy suites at one point, and there were several moments where I felt like it was even raunchier than it is these days. Good stuff. You can find it on Amazon (or at a thrift store, if you're lucky)! I think it's the only DVD "season" out there.

Ha! Are you talking about Amanda Marsh pouring chocolate syrup or something on Alex Michel? I haven't seen that since it aired, but I still remember thinking, "Wait, what?" Like, producers had to get her the syrup, and then she had to agree to do it on camera. This was in the early years of reality TV, so that was a pretty bold move.

In contrast, Trista talked about how she'd never had an orgasm during sex, and Alex replied, "We'll have to do something about that."

(Guess who got picked.)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Bugs Meany said:

Btw, the first Bachelor and Bachelorette seasons are currently on abc.com.

I watched the entire Bachelor season 1 last Saturday, I can't believe how different it was.  The girls were nowhere near as catty (IMO), and I completely forgot about the deliberation room with the photos and the video messages.  "Trista's cackle" should have been a separate contestant...I thought I remembered the baby voice being the worst thing about her, but yikes that laugh was horrible!  

28 minutes ago, huahaha said:

Ha! Are you talking about Amanda Marsh pouring chocolate syrup or something on Alex Michel? I haven't seen that since it aired, but I still remember thinking, "Wait, what?" Like, producers had to get her the syrup, and then she had to agree to do it on camera. This was in the early years of reality TV, so that was a pretty bold move.

Yuck, I couldn't stand Amanda.  Did you know that she's very sexually open, she has a sex swing, she looks so innocent but she loves sex sex sex and more sex!!!  At least, I think she may have mentioned that once or twice ;-)  I could be wrong, but I pretty much feel like people who brag like she does are usually the ones who aren't getting any.

• Love 1
On 9/23/2015 at 0:52 PM, seasick said:

What a fun thread.  Bringing back so many memories ( and some I still don't recall).  I should  be cleaning and getting ready for a weekend trip but this is a good excuse to take a break.

That navy doctor  Andy?  (who?? yeah exactly) dullest.  Jesse football player.. dumbest  (going Tubbing not tubing and calling the wrong name at TR ceremony. etc just a dunderhead overall. .  Blob:  Excited at first thinking he was down-to -earth real guy..boy was THAT not the truth.  I believed he picked Helene(name?) rather than Kelly Jo? (sorry it's been a long time) because she had  little family to piss off (just her mom at the hometown, and I believe she lived in LA where Blob wanted to be to hawk his 'talent'.  A conceited self-serving ass-hole. 

Dr. Travis Stork.  a stuck-up,  stick-up-the-butt .  Hated how he treated Orange peel-for-teeth girl although he did apologize.(still he lost me) The hideous female Dr. (my eggs are rotting..what's wrong with me?? my boobs not big enough) moments were great..  So stand-offish as though he doesn't like people. I don't know how he treats patients.

Jake.  What a geek.  I may have originally been on board with him being TB .   I thought he actually might look for a regular girl who had nice down-to-earth qualities.  (thought the same about Ben Flapjack)  instead..Vienna.  

However that did give me one of my most treasured and delicious moments on the show-- their fight hosted by CH.  My show-watching gf missed so we watched together (me again) the next night.  I told her she would sympathize with V in the end--she was like NO WAY!!   But in the end we did.  Amazing for how much we could not STAND Vienna. Jake was a major dope and I was glad he got what he got for being so immature.  Gawd that was good!

I like Charlie.  He was fun--had a great personality and admired going for Sarah? as she wasn't the 'hottest' but the most real.  

I liked Andy Firestone but like others,  I enjoyed the family having to tell him his gf was a phony (and also quite stupid.) I lost respect for him with that choice.  But the choice fascinated me because he came from smarts, was smart, came from class, had class.I know his family is intelligent and he's used to intelligent conversation.   I know they say men think with their d**k.. and I hate that simplistic statement-- it still didn't make sense. Maybe what they say about the  attraction to people who are emotionally unavailable. Small minded girl who never put two thoughts together. The chasm in their maturity and intelligence ..idk.  

Yeah..but then Jen.. Dry. boring.stick -in the-mud .      Jillian my favorite.  I thought her group of men were bad.  I loved her look..she wasn't 'hollywood' pretty', but very attractive in her own unique way.  Now she got a nose job and is indistinguishable from other women on tv.  A shame to me.  

I could go on.. have to get back to work!!  I may reread the posts later and post again.  Very fun 

almost as cringeworthy as Jake and Vienna, does anyone remember the aftr with Helene and Aaron when she cried the whole time?? How embarassing! Aaron was so dumb,lol

• Love 1

Brad 1.0 is the greatest of all time for me. I shall never forget Brad fidgeting and stalking around that garden, gathering his nerve, while Deanna is standing there blinkingly heated.  And not to mention, the TWOP forum meltdown. I cannot imagine the scope of the outrage if social media such as Facebook and Twitter were ubiquitous as they are today.  It was glorious.  I may need to hit up Youtube to watch it again.

• Love 8

I went to ABC on my Roku and saw that Alex Michel's season is streaming! Very excited to see Shannon and Trista again.

I'd forgotten how different the setup used to be. "Alex was the homecoming king..." LOL!

I just binged my way through this thread like a cokehead at a ski resort.  So fun reliving all the moments. 

I HATE the seaons where the producers seem intent on hurting the (usually already insecure) lead.  The main ones that come to mind are Ashley (the Bentley disaster), Desiree (Brooks.  Ugh), and Kaitlyn (the slut shaming wasnt necessary At. All.). 

I kinda like the seasons where I dont like the lead and they get some comeuppance.  Deanna (moping over Graham and having all the guys hate her when she was clearly NOT OVE Brad/being rejected on TV). And Jason (I think Jason was the first to famewhore out his kid for the show, which I didnt like.  So when America turned on him, I evilly enjoyed it.  Poor guy.  Needed an independent PR consultant more than anyone I've ever seen.  (Even if Melissa knew it wasnt working and knew she was being dumped, he didnt have to kiss Molly literally minutes later in the same seat.  Not that this needs to be rehashed.) 

I like the seasons when the group of suitors are an appealing bunch.  Ben Flajnik, as odious as he was, had a great group of girls (or to some extent they seemed to Bond in their Courtney hatred in a way that I enjoyed). And Emily - she had an amazing group of suitors who were all fun to watch.  Jef, Arie, Chris Bukowski when he was a ridiculous goof, that ridiculous football guy. I liked that she gave guys chances and cut them immediately when she realized she wasnt interested on a one-on-one.  

But ultimately the best seasons are when the lead is not insecure.  The insecure ones (Deanna, Ben F, Ashley, Matt Grant, and Desiree) make for too much cringeworthy tv.  The ones who unabashedly know who they are or who they want to present to the world (Emily, Brad 1 & 2, Trista, Meredith, Jillian, Andy Baldwin, & Sean Lowe) are more enjoyable for me, even if I don't like the lead, I generally don't hete watch quite as much.  

• Love 3

OMG!!! anyone remember Lanny from Merediths season?? he was soooooooo cute but his mother was SOOO awful and when she sent him home she told him how she adored him. I think lanny was one of my favorite contestants ever:).

I also remember on season one Shannons reaction to the fantasy suite card--back then it was a big shock!!

• Love 1

@catrice2 started an interesting discussion about past seasons.  When it comes to finding certain leads attractive, as has been said a million times before, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I personally didn't think there was anything "wrong" with any of them.  That being said, I didn't find anything special about Ben F (although a decent haircut may have improved him immensely).  And then there's Bob.  Bob came across as such a cute teddy-bear type on Trista's season, but he turned out to be SUCH a player that his personality made him the most unattractive lead in Bachelor history, IMO.

On 1/3/2017 at 9:54 PM, fib said:

I like the seasons when the group of suitors are an appealing bunch.  Ben Flajnik, as odious as he was, had a great group of girls (or to some extent they seemed to Bond in their Courtney hatred in a way that I enjoyed).

For real? The odious Jaclyn and Rachel loom large in my memory of that season. And the law student with the lip tattoo who said Shawntel from Brad 2.0 had thick thighs. And Blakely and Nutty Nurse Jamie.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Bugs Meany said:

For real? The odious Jaclyn and Rachel loom large in my memory of that season. And the law student with the lip tattoo who said Shawntel from Brad 2.0 had thick thighs. And Blakely and Nutty Nurse Jamie.

Oh yes.  They have turned out to all be pieces of work, but i remember liking lindzi (worst spelling ever), who went on to date Kalon. Emily, the public health doctoral student, and KacieB, long before she jumped the shark on Sean's season.  But yes. Rachel was ok - or seemed that way at the time. She obviouslyturned out to be horrid on Bachelor Pad.  

• Love 2

Hey everyone, I need some  help. I'm trying to remember the order of seasons since I started watching, which was the Matt from London season (2009?). So here's my faulty recollection:

• Matt from London
  • Deanna
  • Jason Meznick
  • Jillian
  • Jake
  • Ashley??
  • Ben F?? (did not watch, thought he was ugly)
  • ??
  • Brad W.
  • ??
  • Someone
  • Emily
  • Sean (did not watch)
  • Desiree?
  • Juan Pablo
  • Andi
  • Chris
  • Kaitlyn
  • Ben
  • JoJo
  • Nick

oh you just made me remember how Matt was all over chelsea the last nite, even pulling her back in the room to kiss, and then ditched her the next nite--she was so devestated. and then Jeremy, who was devestated beyond belief to be dumped by Deanna, I later heard a rumor that Chelsea and Jeremy ended up dating.

1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Hey everyone, I need some  help. I'm trying to remember the order of seasons since I started watching, which was the Matt from London season (2009?). So here's my faulty recollection:

• Matt from London
  • Deanna
  • Jason Meznick
  • Jillian
  • Jake
  • Brad W.
  • Ashley
  • Ben F??
  • Emily
  • Sean 
  • Desiree?
  • Juan Pablo
  • Andi
  • Chris
  • Kaitlyn
  • Ben
  • JoJo
  • Nick

Ive tweaked your list, but wikipedia should help:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bachelor_(U.S._TV_series)

• Love 1

There's been some discussion in the episode threads about which Bachelors are attractive.  Eye of the beholder, yada yada, but going on just physical attractiveness, my list would be Nick, Brad, Jesse Palmer (though I didn't watch his season).

I'll never understand how Bob Guiney became a lead - he always looked greasy to me. 

I'm probably one of the few (only?) who liked Chris Soules.  His season was boring, but something about his personality appealed to me.  

• Love 2

In the "little b" bachelor/bachelorette category using Mr. Peabody's WayBack Machine: I liked Jamie on Trista's season, super cute--apparently he was recruited to be on the show in order to be a future Bachelor but anxiety disorder did him in. I also liked Tina Fabulous (Andrew Firestone's season?)--she was fun.

9 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Thanks, fib! I see, so Jake and Brad were back-to-back and I had Ashley with the wrong bachelor.

Oooh - good call - we were missing Ali.  I've slotted he in between Jake and Brad. I think the rest is correct!

• Matt from London
  • Deanna
  • Jason Meznick
  • Jillian
  • Jake
  • Brad W.
  • Ashley
  • Ben F (ugh)
  • Emily
  • Sean 
  • Desiree?
  • Juan Pablo
  • Andi
  • Chris
  • Kaitlyn
  • Ben
  • JoJo
  • Nick
  • Love 1
On 1/10/2017 at 2:55 PM, ribboninthesky1 said:

I'm probably one of the few (only?) who liked Chris Soules.  His season was boring, but something about his personality appealed to me.  

People in BachelorWorld really like him, so you're not the only one. That's why he shows up to give "advice" when he's single.

I totally forgot about Ali, fig! I didn't care for her on Jake's season so I didn't watch her season.

Speaking of cute Bachelors, I thought Matt from London was cute even though I can't remember what he looks like anymore.

IMO, the most physically attractive leads have been Jake, Aaron, Charlie, and Chris (purely on looks). Factor in personality, and I'd say Charlie, Andrew, and Matt from the U.K. For the B'ette's,  Deanna for looks alone, but personality, Jillian. I wanted to like Ashley, but she definitely came off as too insecure, needy and I don't ever recall her saying anything of substance (though I realize that bar is set low on this show).

My favorite season to watch was probably Andrew's. Likeable lead, there was the added story of his wealth, the girls were fun to watch, I loved to hate Jen, and it just felt like a good time. Also, I was a sucker for Tina Fabulous, though all these years later I can't remember what made her so special. Can anyone remind me?

Least favorite was Juan Pablo's season - not because he sucked (I loved hate-watching him), but because I thought his girls were very "meh" and not nearly catty/interesting enough for my liking.

I really can't stand Sean,have zero opinion on Catherine, but I find that couple very creepy, weird, and just wrong in some way. It could just be the religion thing. I feel like we're all supposed to adore them, but I just don't :(

I definitely preferred the earlier seasons when you COULD joke about/refer to the absurdity of the whole situation, and while there was some talk of The Right Reasons, the vibe was way more lighthearted. Now, we get cutaways every 2.5 minutes to the lead giving talking head confessionals about how person X could be their husband/wife, they can imagine themselves growing old with them, and how important it was that they learned about <insert family tragedy here> because now they REALLY know them. For that reason, I don't like Nick, because while others see him being more "real" about the process, to me he's the biggest, most self-important blow-hard I've seen on this show. Every time I hear him speak, it's as if he's talking about the most.important.thing.in.the.world. Just say you want to get laid and be famous - you're not fooling anyone with that false sincerity.
And that is why I can't hate Juan Pablo - because he made this ridiculous show even more ridiculous, and as a Wrong Reasons viewer (clearly), that's what I want to see!

• Love 3