Type keyword(s) to search

Best of the Bachelor: Favorite Contestants, Episodes, Seasons

regardez
  • Start Topic

So, Jojo next.  Never saw her season either, but most of my IRL friends who follow this insane franchise put her at the top of their lists of favorite bachelorettes.

I actually saw Jordan play in college once.  So that makes me... how many degrees of separation?... well, Jojo is basically family is my point.

From this last recap, I kinda see what my friends see.  When Ben told her he loved her, she had this plaintive little "what?" that was super endearing. 

Seeing Wells and Derek will be fun, but mostly I want to see Chad in all his asshole glory.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, phlebas said:

Seeing Wells and Derek will be fun, but mostly I want to see Chad in all his asshole glory.

Do you think they will show him?  I know he’s person non grata in the Bachelor world (and should be in the real world) and has been accused of domestic abuse.  But then to counterpoint my own point, they have to.  He was such a villain.  I’m not looking forward to seeing the fights between him and that Alex dude.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, LBS said:

Do you think they will show him?  I know he’s person non grata in the Bachelor world (and should be in the real world) and has been accused of domestic abuse.  But then to counterpoint my own point, they have to.  He was such a villain.  I’m not looking forward to seeing the fights between him and that Alex dude.

Surely they'll show him, but no way they talk to him. They may edit him to be even worse than he was.

Shame they won't mention BiP either 🙂

ch.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Okay get your pics in: which rando Bachelor duo with no connection to Jojo will Chris talk to?

My chip is on Dylan and Hannah G. 

But I can see them bringing on Ashley I and Jared. Or maybe Hannah B by herself.

And they will all give lame advice for Clare

• Love 3

Wells is gorgeous.  He's like a Penn Badgley type, which I'm sure we all said at the time.  Wells saying he "almost died" in the firefighting challenge.  LOL!!  God, he's hot.  

I make fun of Jojo and Ben's seasons for being boring, but damn, I have been really liking these recaps every Monday.  Also, I am very bored.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 6/25/2020 at 7:20 PM, chocolatine said:

My favorite scene in all of Bachelor/ette history is Daniel telling Chad to be less like Hitler and more like Mussolini. I hope they show that scene again.

They did, in the introduction!!!   I only watched the beginning so I'll finish the episode tomorrow while I "work".

On 6/25/2020 at 9:23 AM, phlebas said:

So, Jojo next.  Never saw her season either, but most of my IRL friends who follow this insane franchise put her at the top of their lists of favorite bachelorettes.

I have nothing against her - she was INCREDIBLY gorgeous - I would have never picked the guy she picked, but hey more power to her - but her season ended up so boring!  When she was on Ben's season she was the sexy, vivacious one.  On her own season it was so clear who she wanted from Day 1 so there wasn't much drama!

However, I'm finding these "entire seasons compressed into 3 hours" recaps really fun.  

I have to admit, I'm really excited for Matt James's season.  Who knows when we will actually get it.  But god, he's hot.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
(edited)

Going into the recap last night, all I knew about Jojo was her face and her surprisingly raspy voice and that she seemed really nice.  Not to put too fine a point on it, but the scenes of her in a bikini added another, shallower level of appreciation. My compliments, Jojo.

i guess I’m not used to seeing leads with curves and hips and God knows what else. I guess I better get used to it when Clare shows up.

The guys on her season didn’t seem as bad as I thought. Except Chad, who might have been worse.

Wells and Sarah seem well matched. Maybe someday they’ll love each other with the same passion as Tyler and Matt.

Edited by phlebas
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I'm excited for next week.  Alex and Trista's season.

Will they be able to interview former bachelor/ettes from that season?  They have been trying to get Alex on the show for years.  He went dark on media.

• Love 1
(edited)

My favorite scene in all of Bachelor/ette history is Daniel telling Chad to be less like Hitler and more like Mussolini. I hope they show that scene again.

They showed the full scene at the 50 minute mark!  (If you're watching full with commercials)

I always make the joke that on the Bachelor, all the women fight, but on the Bachelorette, all the men just want to hang out with each other and become friends.  The scene where Wells holds a "funeral" for Chad after Jojo finally makes him leave is a good example of that.  After Chad is removed all the men are happy and Wells throws a "funeral", the singer guy plays music, and all the men (some on the balcony, some on the ground floor, LOL) all "spread Chad's ashes" by blowing his protein power everywhere.  "Farewell sweet Prince".  LOL!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

They showed the full scene at the 50 minute mark!  (If you're watching full with commercials)

I always make the joke that on the Bachelor, all the women fight, but on the Bachelorette, all the men just want to hang out with each other and become friends.  The scene where Wells holds a "funeral" for Chad after Jojo finally makes him leave is a good example of that.  After Chad is removed all the men are happy and Wells throws a "funeral", the singer guy plays music, and all the men (some on the balcony, some on the ground floor, LOL) all "spread Chad's ashes" by blowing his protein power everywhere.  "Farewell sweet Prince".  LOL!

This all seems so innocent and fun now, doesn't it?  How these shows have changed, and not for the better!

Hilarious!  And all the scenes with Daniel and Evan--OMG--too funny!

• Love 6

Daniel: Let's just pretend you're Hitler.
Chad: Let's not pretend I'm Hitler.
Daniel: Let's just say.
Chad: Let's not say.
Daniel: Ok well let's say you're Donald Trump or something like that.
Chad: ...

Daniel:  So let's like, be not so much like Hitler (hand up here), be more like Mussolini you know (hand lower), or Bush, right? So I mean, just maybe take it down a notch, right?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, meatball77 said:

I'm excited for next week.  Alex and Trista's season.

Will they be able to interview former bachelor/ettes from that season?  They have been trying to get Alex on the show for years.  He went dark on media.

Omg, FINALLY!!!!  I have not seen a lot of seasons, including Alex's!

I have vague recollections of Trista's.  Very vague.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

Wow, I had forgotten about Chases's dickish declaration of love, after which, when JoJo couldn't reciprocate his feelings, he proceeded to gaslight her about how hard it was for him to say ILY, as if his bravery meant that she owed him the same feelings back.

Dude. She wasn't in love with you. That happens.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Wells and Sarah Hyland are an adorable couple. 

The Chad cocktail Wells and Evan made was so funny, and the funeral for Chad with the protein powder was just one of the best moments.

I’m excited for the older seasons as I started watching during Farmer Chris’ season and only saw Mesnick’s season because Netflix aired it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Daniel:  So let's like, be not so much like Hitler (hand up here), be more like Mussolini you know (hand lower), or Bush, right? So I mean, just maybe take it down a notch, right?

I forgot about the implied comparison between Mussolini and Bush. I don't know whether Daniel was referring to George H. W. or George W., but it's a hilarious comparison either way. I want an entire show of Daniel stack-ranking historical heads of state.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

The show kind of presented Daniel as a joke, and well Daniel kind of did that himself - I don't remember seeing one minute of him being interested in Jojo last night - but the way he quietly and a little fearfully observed Chad, and tried to pull him aside to reason with him was really fascinating.  And you can't say that "be less like Hitler" isn't good advice.  You add the fact that he's Canadian like myself and whew.  I'm so glad they showed these clips.  Too funny.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 11
On 6/30/2020 at 2:06 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Omg, FINALLY!!!!  I have not seen a lot of seasons, including Alex's!

I have vague recollections of Trista's.  Very vague.

I only started watching these shows after channel surfing one night and coming upon the final night of Trista's season.  Co-workers would talk about the show prior to that and the concept sounded so ridiculous to me!  But unfortunately, I got hooked.  So it will be interesting to see Alex's run.

If only we could get some glimpses of Paradise shows, though.  I am craving a tropical escape to offset this lockdown!

• Love 3

The most interesting thing about these shows is something that many of us have long suspected: you can fit entire seasons into 3 hours and not miss anything important.  Too bad ABC will never understand that and stop all the filler.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11

I am looking forward to the first two seasons.  It will be such a refreshing change to see it how it was meant to be.  Not saying there isn't some crazy stuff happening--but seeing the process with the intentions of trying to find love versus trying to find instagram followers.  I haven't seen them since they were on TV.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/23/2020 at 10:31 AM, TheFinalRose said:

I also think they should rerun Chris Soules' season. I need to see an update with that crazy Kelsey Poe and also watch a bunch of Hollywood-wannabees wander around a dead Iowa town and pretend that they could live there. Becca Tilly's deadpan appearance as the Number 2 was a thing of beauty--no fake tears from that girl!  Then Chris Harrison can do an interview with Soules and Victoria F and tease an engagement with them as well. 

They may not want to give him much attention after the fatal car crash he was involved in and got probation for: https://globalnews.ca/news/5819227/chris-soules-2-years-probation-for-fatal-hit-and-run-crash/

I barely recognized Jordan this week; he looked like Jojo's other contestant Chase when on Zoom. Did he gain a bunch of weight in his face?

Edited by Ciarrai
  • Love 2

I am already enjoying this so much more than the recent seasons.  It reminds me how much fun the show used to be.  Much simpler and not so over the top.

• Love 8

I don't like how they show Trista's season and show who she picked BEFORE the season starts.  I know that it was 100 years ago, but please let's make believe that nobody knows anything about this season and air it the way it was so the audience can go along with her on her "journey".  

• Love 2

Wow.....these women were actual adults!!!!  They had real figures, knew how to put a sentence together, and were adults!!!!!  I wish it would go back to first kisses being saved for first one on ones.  I really hate the sticking your tongue down everyones throat in a 3 day period.  Please let Clare NOT kiss anyone the first night.  Let me amend that to all leads!  Did I mention I love that the contestants were adults?

i

• Love 10

Trista - what a class act!!! I was SOOO invested the first season of the Bachelor that when I heard Alex & Amanda broke up (what  - like a  month or two later?) I was devastated!! 😭  LOL - I vowed never to watch again! And I didn't watch season 2. BUT! Then they had Trista as the Bachlorette & I was hooked again. I haven't watched for many seasons, but I was very addicted for a LOT of years. 

• Love 6

I think it is impressive that Alex has kept his distance and kept to his own life.  I always kind of liked the guy.  He seemed nice and normal.  And Amanda seems a lot less controversial now years later.  Lol!  

19 minutes ago, Ripley68 said:

Wow.....these women were actual adults!!!!  They had real figures, knew how to put a sentence together, and were adults!!!!!  I wish it would go back to first kisses being saved for first one on ones.  I really hate the sticking your tongue down everyones throat in a 3 day period.  Please let Clare NOT kiss anyone the first night.  Let me amend that to all leads!  Did I mention I love that the contestants were adults?

I totally agree.  The kissing thing is so annoying now,

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't like how they show Trista's season and show who she picked BEFORE the season starts.  I know that it was 100 years ago, but please let's make believe that nobody knows anything about this season and air it the way it was so the audience can go along with her on her "journey".  

See, I just watched Alex's season and I had no idea who won.  I've never seen that women before in my life.  And when she came on the show in "present day" she had a completely different face.  That was so weird.

Watching Trista's season now.  It's so weird to hear one of these women who don't have vocal fry or a baby voice.  She has a real adult woman's voice.  It's so rare.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

I loved seeing Trista’s season again, and that was nice Chris surprised her with Ryan showing up.  

Oh, Brad season coming up....that should be fun...

• Love 3

Yayyyy!!!   Brad Womack next week!  I don't even know who that is!!!!!

2 hours ago, 4merBachAddict said:

Trista - what a class act!!! I was SOOO invested the first season of the Bachelor that when I heard Alex & Amanda broke up (what  - like a  month or two later?) I was devastated!! 😭  LOL - I vowed never to watch again! And I didn't watch season 2. BUT! Then they had Trista as the Bachlorette & I was hooked again. I haven't watched for many seasons, but I was very addicted for a LOT of years. 

Trista is so natural!   So real, so cool, so adult.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Brad was the Bachelor twice; the first time he didn't pick anyone. Did they say which of his seasons they'll be airing?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Just a few observations from the show tonight.... 

Cassie’s interview- if you don’t want to talk about the Colton breakup, maybe don’t agree to an interview. It is literally the only thing anyone wants to ask you about. 

This franchise really commits to a narrative, all facts to the contrary notwithstanding. For example, Chris kept trying to sell the heartbreak and devastation of Trista in Season 1 and Charlie in Trista’s season despite the fact the neither of them seemed anything more than a bit disappointed. It was kind of nice to see adults react normally to a breakup instead of the histrionics we are subject to now. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Brad was the Bachelor twice; the first time he didn't pick anyone. Did they say which of his seasons they'll be airing?

Both of them!  Should be fun...

• Love 5
(edited)

I hadn't seen the Alex nor the Trista seasons so I loved all that. 

What a contrast in types Alex had, high maintenance Shannon with her "no kissing on the first date" rule, sexy Amanda and classy Trista.  Interesting. 

Trista turned out to be the best B'ette ever as some of you had always said.  I really liked her and she obviously made a great choice with her man, they reminded me a little of Ashley and her pick. 

I'm thinking Instagram ruined this show, now we have men who are models  instead of firemen and women who are influencers instead of nurses.  No wonder none of it seems sincere. 

Edited by JudyObscure
Edited to remove spoiler.
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

It was kind of nice to see adults react normally to a breakup instead of the histrionics we are subject to now. 

For sure.   Now the limo interviews all seem like auditions to be the next Bachelor/ette. 

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

What a contrast in types Alex had, high maintenance Shannon with her "no kissing on the first date" rule, sexy Amanda and classy Trista.  Interesting. 

Trista turned out to be the best B'ette ever as some of you had always said.  I really liked her and she obviously made a great choice with her man, they reminded me a little of Ashley and JP. 

I'm thinking Instagram ruined this show, now we have men who are models  instead of firemen and women who are influencers instead of nurses.  No wonder none of it seems sincere. 

I completely agree.  I think the change just happened over the years so it was hard to see exactly what was tainting the show, but seeing the older seasons reminded me why I liked it so much (and not as much now).  I love how subtle it all was, and how so many of the people on the show were pretty decent people.  I know even Amanda seemed controversial at the time, but she was actually quite nice--she was just very open about who she was.  Compared to some of today's contestants, she is an angel.  And I loved seeing Trista with her final two guys--she handled that so well, as did they.  It was great seeing Charlie again in present time.  He is such a nice guy.  Obviously she chose the right one for her, but she had great options to choose from.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Cassie’s interview- if you don’t want to talk about the Colton breakup, maybe don’t agree to an interview. It is literally the only thing anyone wants to ask you about. 

Totally agree. What else did she think he was going to ask her about? "Please Cassie, tell us your theory on quantum physics"? Seriously, get over yourself.

I am not sure how unpopular this opinion this, but I loooooove Brad and think he's by far the most handsome Bachelor this series has had. So looking forward to next week. 

I remember watching the original series with Alex, can anyone tell me why Amanda was controversial? All I remember was she was young, and Trista was more liked for some reason. There is something refreshing about Alex refusing to do any more interview with this show I must say.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
46 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

Totally agree. What else did she think he was going to ask her about? "Please Cassie, tell us your theory on quantum physics"? Seriously, get over yourself.

I am not sure how unpopular this opinion this, but I loooooove Brad and think he's by far the most handsome Bachelor this series has had. So looking forward to next week. 

I remember watching the original series with Alex, can anyone tell me why Amanda was controversial? All I remember was she was young, and Trista was more liked for some reason. There is something refreshing about Alex refusing to do any more interview with this show I must say.

Yes, the Cassie thing was stupid.. She should have just declined.  Noone really cared about her anyway.  

I liked Brad too!  I think a lot of people did in the end when they realized that he made the smart choice by not choosing anyone (after seeing how things usually play out for the couples on this show).  

Amanda was very openly sexual, and this was the first Bachelor show, so it really stood out against Trista.  But she was very sweet and fun...so nothing really controversial about her, she just stood out in that Bachelor run.  I agree about Alex completely--so awesome that he just left to do his own thing.

• Love 6
(edited)

Can we not spoil the old seasons for the people who haven't seen them yet, when we know that a season recap is about to air in the next week?  Some of us are desperate for enjoyment during quarantine.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Sorry if I spoiled anyone.

I could have done without Demi, judging everyone's clothes while wearing an ugly, low cut gown  in her living room.  True the men in 2002 looked like they were wearing their Daddy's clothes, but now they all look like they're wearing their little brother's suits.  We should keep an eye out for which year they hit "normal."

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
(edited)

Got a kick out of Trista and Ryan's son. That boy wanted nothing to do with the show. . Smart kid! Alex, too. After 18 years he no doubt has no interest being reminded of his Bachelor stint. Amanda has undergone some serious face altering procedure. She was cute before and now looks great. Not much older than on the show. The women cast in that first season were, it seemed, genuinely interested in meeting someone. Now, most are there to boost their social media following. The show has suffered as a result. I live near the Bachelor mansion and pass by frequently. TV lights are now permanently affixed, even when not filming. Will be interesting to see how the new more landlocked season plays out. 

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Can we not spoil the old seasons for the people who haven't seen them yet, when we know that a season recap is about to air in the next week?  Some of us are desperate for enjoyment during quarantine.  

I think it is hard not to discuss it, as part of the reason the Bachelor isn't really hiding it on their promos either is because they are marketing those that have seen the show for years (assuming that is what the audience will be).  But I will try to refrain too.... 🙂  I also think they highlighted the ending for Trista so much is because her wedding had 20 million viewers so they figured that having that in the promo would garner more viewers for the rewatch.  Versus trying to gain new viewers for a season in an episode show...

• Love 6
(edited)

I enjoyed the Alex recap show.  It was cool to get a glimpse of the show when the girls seemed fresh and not as jaded.  Even the makeup was simpler.  If anything last night emphasized how Instagram has ruined this show.

I enjoyed the interview with the one who coined the term "not here to make friends."   She looks happy, and her husband and kids were really cute.  What a refreshing change from Bachelor nation lifers!

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 6

I enjoyed the rewatch of Alex & Trista's seasons.  I remember that Trista's mom preferred Charlie.  She just adored him.  Then Trista picks Ryan.  That had to be interesting when Ryan watched and saw how Trista's mom liked Charlie better.  

(edited)
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

I enjoyed the interview with the one who coined the term "not here to make friends."   She looks happy, and her husband and kids were really cute.  What a refreshing change from Bachelor nation lifers!

I swear, I also heard that woman say that somebody else was "not there for the right reasons" when she was eliminated.  I thought that the show would touch on that as well.  Shouldn't one of those women get credit for coining that phrase also?  Or maybe "The Bachelor" doesn't like that phrase?

48 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I enjoyed the rewatch of Alex & Trista's seasons.  I remember that Trista's mom preferred Charlie.  She just adored him.  Then Trista picks Ryan.  That had to be interesting when Ryan watched and saw how Trista's mom liked Charlie better.  

Charlie was pretty hot....   Alex, the first Bachelor wasn't really my type but I liked his personality.  Ryan, I don't really feel like I got to know through this recap.  I didn't really get it.  But he looks a lot better now with the shaved head.

Nobody on planet Earth actually believes that Cassie was interested in Colton at all, ever, do they?  I mean, come on.  And Chris says she "graciously" agreed to come on the show.  No shit she did?  All she's interested in is fame, that's always been the case?  And then she came on and played coy and said absolutely nothing.  Just wasting everyone's time and hoping to get more Instagram followers.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, sioux21 said:

I remember Trista being raked over the coals for always baby-talking. "For her part, Trista talked in that baby-talk coo more frequently as the previous weeks — and the last show — went on. " Article from EW 2003

That's weird because I feel like her voice doesn't match what I expected from her face.  It sounds so deep and adult compared to other women on TV.  I did hear the babytalk when she was rejecting Charlie's proposal, but I totally get that because she must have been so emotional and nervous.  But in the recap, I don't know, I didn't hear that.

Maybe she used the baby voice when being alone with Ryan because she was so happy and felt coupley?  Who knows.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Trista turned out to be the best B'ette ever as some of you had always said.  I really liked her and she obviously made a great choice with her man, they reminded me a little of Ashley and her pick. 

I loved Shannon’s reaction to the fantasy suite card . So awesome 

I remember being shocked that he picked Amanda because for that time , she came across as a little trashy . I didn’t watch last nite because i remember this season so clearly .

6 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

I enjoyed the Alex recap show.  It was cool to get a glimpse of the show when the girls seemed fresh and not as jaded.  Even the makeup was simpler.  If anything last night emphasized how Instagram has ruined this show.

(edited)
21 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Trista is so natural!   So real, so cool, so adult.

Ok so i just watched it in 29 min😂. So trista had had a lot of work but holy cow Amanda looks like a different person. The fashions cracked me up and Chris Harrison looks so young . I loved Charlie and Jamie from tristas season and i remember bob Guineay and Jamie were on Oprah . Good times . Oh and Demi please ugh!!! Can’t stand her !!!

Edited by nlkm9
Error
  • Love 3