Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I started watching when The Good Witch first came out. I followed the lead from Army Wives. Loved the first several movies. HATE the series. Hallmark took out the "magic" right out of it.

Amen to that.  Couldn't pay me to watch that claptrap.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I started watching when The Good Witch first came out. I followed the lead from Army Wives. Loved the first several movies. HATE the series. Hallmark took out the "magic" right out of it.

I never understood what they did to that series. I watched the movies, forced myself to finish season 1, & then dumped it. Why are they still calling it "The Good Witch"? At least in the movies there was a hint of magic, but they took it (and her husband) all out for the series & it made no sense to me.

• Love 3

I finally got around to watching the latest Aurora Teagarden and was so pissed when Aurora looked up the last person to check out a book was. Libraries can't give law enforcement that information because they don't save it. My sister has worked for two different libraries in different states and neither kept those records.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, GaT said:

I never understood what they did to that series. I watched the movies, forced myself to finish season 1, & then dumped it. Why are they still calling it "The Good Witch"? At least in the movies there was a hint of magic, but they took it (and her husband) all out for the series & it made no sense to me.

I believe I read in this thread the original writer sold her rights to Hallmark to flesh into the vanilla bullshit. It’s a bummer because I really enjoyed the movies for a while. I actually worked in my community back then selling and teaching others how to use pendulums, oils, read cards and all that. My wheelhouse.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I believe I read in this thread the original writer sold her rights to Hallmark to flesh into the vanilla bullshit.

This is standard in the industry. Hollywood can do anything they want once they've purchased the rights. The end product need look nothing like the original, and unless the (extremely rare) contract gives the original writer creative control, there's nothing he or she can do about it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Guessing they anticipated this, but by showing the latest Aurora Teagarden movie on both Hallmark Channel and HMM Channel at the same time, Hallmark Channel got it's lowest rating for new movie this year and HMM got one of it's lowest, since the audience was split (1.34 million on Hallmark Channel and 0.96 million on HMM).  The combined total was in range that new non-Christmas movies have been getting on just Hallmark Channel alone, which is much higher than HMM-only new movies.

Edited by mikeb
  • Love 4
On 8/9/2019 at 12:06 AM, MSterling said:

I finally got around to watching the latest Aurora Teagarden and was so pissed when Aurora looked up the last person to check out a book was. Libraries can't give law enforcement that information because they don't save it. My sister has worked for two different libraries in different states and neither kept those records.

We had this fight in the late 80s, when the ALA voted to not keep records after the book comes back just to avoid this. That is why folks in libraries are so upset about overdrive letting their library borrow records get requested by the FBI on BS non warrant "requests", plus Jeff Bezos giving up amazon book records to the FBI on request

Edited by Happywatcher
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

A Taste of Summer. I wouldn't have guessed the leads were married in real life. They were cute, though, and showed growing chemistry on screen during the movie.

Roselyn's accent could have been overplayed, but the director and writers stayed way short of imitating the Modern Family stereotype.

I didn't buy the 9.95 bottomless wings pricing. I have seen some bars do 50 cent wings, and they are losing money to keep selling beer at $5 a craft beer and $3 a bud draft

Her classy restaurant set should have been placed in a bigger room. After they jammed the cameras in, it looked like her seating area was a 1990s McMansion combo living and dining room

• Love 1

I'll comment on a few different Hallmark-related things in one swoop....

(1) Regarding A Taste of Summer --  I still think that I ultimately prefer the summer-themed destination movies that take place in more exotic or interesting locations, because, even if the movies turn out to not be great, at least I can enjoy the lovely new scenery.    That said, although this movie was not my favorite summer installment, I think that the chemistry between Roselyn Sanchez and Eric Winter translated fairly well from real-life to this movie.  I believed that they were interested in each other throughout the movie because of the way they looked at each other, even though nothing romantic really happened until the last few seconds.    I believe that Eric was better at conveying interest in Roselyn's character (with his eyes) than he was in conveying interest in Jodie Sweetin's character in Finding Santa.  

Also, it's always good to see Alvin Sanders in a Hallmark movie -- I can never get enough of his friendly, kind face, jovial demeanor and pleasant personality!

(2)  Summer Nights launch? -- In a press release from this past week, Hallmark/Crown Media was explaining the ratings for the Danica McKellar--Mark Deklin movie Love and Sunshine.... which they referred to as the "launch" of the annual Summer Nights event.   But... I am confused, because Rome in Love aired before Love and Sunshine did, so wasn't Rome in Love the actual launch of Summer Nights 2019?   

Hallmark moved the Summer Nights Preview show to a slot on the night after Rome in Love premiered, and 6 days before Love and Sunshine premiered, so that fits with what they said in the press release about Love and Sunshine launching Summer Nights.  But if they didn't want Rome in Love to launch the event, why didn't they just move it to a later slot in August?   

If I were the cast and crew of Rome in Love, I would feel a bit slighted over being basically ignored (in that release) as the technical kickoff to the annual Summer Nights movie event.   Hallmark certainly did not ignore Lacey Chabert's Love on Safari, which "launched" Summer Nights  in late July last year -- they very clearly promoted that as the kickoff to the event.  So I wonder why they are now pretending that Rome in Love was not the kickoff this year?   So strange!   And...

(3)  Christmas movie line-up -- I was recently wondering why Hallmark had not yet announced the full line-up of all 40 new Christmas movies coming this year, especially since the TCA event took place a couple of weeks ago. 

While I am pretty sure that there have been some changes to their originally planned line-up and there have likely been some delays in premiere dates..... just based on what has already been filmed, what is scheduled to film soon, and what has been re-announced or announced since the TCA event 2 weeks ago, most of the 40 movies are known.   There are really only approx 4-6 more question marks -- or 4-6 titles/movies left to be revealed and confirmed to meet that "40" number.

There is a 2019 Christmas: A Second Look Preview Special airing in September, so they will show clips from other movies that were left out of the First Look special in July, and we will probably get the full list of all 40 titles right around the time that Second Look special airs.

Edited by TVFan17
Typos, as always!
  • Love 4
On 8/7/2019 at 6:53 PM, Happywatcher said:

I don't want to sound bitchy, so I will say it straight.  Jewel didn't even have chemistry with herself in her series

Actually, Jewel is the reason that I found out about all the Hallmark Mysteries.  I used to be a fan of home makeover shows, so somehow I found out about the Fixer Upper mysteries (can't remember how...maybe a random TV listing that featured it?), and then I learned that there was a whole world of Hallmark mysteries!  

• Love 2
23 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

If I were the cast and crew of Rome in Love, I would feel a bit slighted over being basically ignored (in that release) as the technical kickoff to the annual Summer Nights movie event. 

It was such a crappy movie they probably don't care.  They don't want their names associated with it anyway.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, AAEBoiler said:

I think you just described 99.9% of all Hallmark movies! 😄

lol    True, but that's fine!  I don't mind.  I watch because I am a fan and I enjoy the movies, so I know the general formula and patterns to expect and I am OK with them.   If I wanted something different, I wouldn't be watching and wasting my time.   

• Love 3

Re: Taste of Love - would kitchen staff really wear huge hoop earrings?  I feel sort of like that would be a no-no.  Gabby seemed bitchy the whole movie to me.  

The Sunshine dog movie - I spent a lot of the movie being annoyed that they painted the sister out to be so man-needy.  Sheesh - let a single person be happy and fulfilled with their lives!

• Love 3

We have started a separate Hallmark Channel Mystery Movies topic that you can find here. Please note, this is a trial run - we are reserving the right to return to one all Hallmark Movie Channel topic. We're not going to be spending time moving posts; it will be okay to civilly re-direct your fellow posters if they have an errant post.

If it becomes too difficult for posters to go between topics, we will go back to one overall topic. Please PM the forum mods, @Athena and @saoirse with any questions. Thank you!

• Love 12

Roselyn Sanchez is stunning. I didn’t think her character was too bad and I loved the NE scenery and yummy food. Plus I likes the chemistry between the two leads and they must have been thrilled working together. I think Eric Winter is a great Hallmark lead and have wondered why he’s not in more Hallmark movies. Plus diversity hiring an actress with an accent- Hallmark is slowly progressing. 

• Love 4

Summer Romance with Erin Krakow had beautiful scenery.  I also thought she and Ryan has great chemistry but there were at least 3 instances where the characters should’ve naturally kissed and didn’t.  It was really awkward.  And then the actual kiss at the end was awkward.  Dear Hallmark, we’re adults watching a romance, it’s ok for characters to kiss more than once in your movies without being engaged first.

Edited by scenicbyway
  • Love 10

I just can't with Ryan Paevy.  He's handsome but I just can't get into any character he plays.  The scenery was beautiful but I had to give up when he said "carbs" at the table or when he had to dress up as a cowboy for some reason.  Oh, and work at the ranch and all the other dumbery they have them do in these Hallmark movies.

• Love 5

In the kitchen trying grated butter for biscuits. Love in Design, a Danica McKellar movie, is on.

I notice that during a scene where the lead and supporting couple go to play trivia at the bar, the set people gave both woman the same wine in the same wine glasses, both men got the same beers in the same pint glasses, but with each scene cut they drained a little of each out. Why so much effort for continuity, but not beverage diversity?

I know they have these figured out down to an exact formula, but...

10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I just can't with Ryan Paevy.  He's handsome but I just can't get into any character he plays.  The scenery was beautiful but I had to give up when he said "carbs" at the table or when he had to dress up as a cowboy for some reason.  Oh, and work at the ranch and all the other dumbery they have them do in these Hallmark movies.

He cant act worth a damn. I mean its easy for Hallmark since hes mostly always free for their projects.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Summer Romance with Erin Krakow had beautiful scenery.  I also thought she and Ryan has great chemistry but there were at least 3 instances where the characters should’ve naturally kissed and didn’t.  It was really awkward.  And then the actual kiss at the end was awkward.  Dear Hallmark, we’re adults watching a romance, it’s ok for characters to kiss more than once in your movies without being engaged first.

I won't go so far as to say that I loved A Summer Romance, but I guess it's safe to say that I liked it much more than I expected to -- because I truly did not expect to like it very much.  In other words, I am not angry that I spent 2 hours watching it, but I don't know if I would make a point of watching it again this year (maybe next year).

I thought that Erin Krakow and Ryan Paevey had better chemistry than I anticipated -- or maybe it's just that they had a modicum of chemistry when I figured there would be absolutely none.

Erin K. has never been at the top of my list of favorite Hallmark actresses, but I liked her better in this movie than in others I have seen.  She tends to have a sort of low-key demeanor that can translate to low energy onscreen (for me), and Ryan Paevey is a bit subdued as well.  So I was thinking this movie could be a snoozefest due to an overall laid back, non-playful vibe from the two leads.  But it was better than what I expected.

I do wish that Sarah Strange had been given more of a chance to show off her comedic side, as she has such a fun personality and dry wit.

I want to be excited for next weekend's All Summer Long premiere, as I love both Autumn Reeser and Brennan Elliott individually.  But I just don't know if they are going to be a good match together.   All 3 of Autumn's most recent leading men in Hallmark movies (Brennan, Kavan Smith, Marc Blucas) have seemed older than I would have preferred for a leading man for her, even if they are not that much older than she is in real life.  She's not even 40 years old -- why hasn't she been paired up with Andrew Walker, like everyone else has?   Why not Autumn and Paul Campbell?    Autumn and Kristoffer Polaha?  Maybe Hallmark thinks that Autumn seems older than she is, and therefore needs a male lead who seems older too? 

All I know is that I hope the Brennan-Autumn combo is not a disaster, and I am glad that she is being re-teamed with Jesse Metcalfe for Christmas Under the Stars because they were good together in their previous Hallmark movie.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

I do wish that Sarah Strange had been given more of a chance to show off her comedic side, as she has such a fun personality and dry wit.

It was at least good to see her and the actor who played the police detective Frank on Garage Sale Mysteries working again.  Hopefully Hallmark will continue to find parts for them and the other actors who lost steady jobs due to the Lori Loughlin scandal.

Edited by mikeb
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, mikeb said:

It was at least good to see her and the actor who played the police detective Frank on Garage Sale Mysteries working again.  Hopefully Hallmark will continue to find parts for them and the other actors who lost steady jobs due to the Lori Loughlin scandal.

Sarah was so great in A Christmas Detour.   That role alone should get her lots of other work!   As you said, hopefully Hallmark will continue to find roles (non-mystery too) for her and for Kevin.

It would be fun if they could move Sarah's character and Kevin's character out of the Garage Sale series and into one of the other mystery series -- same characters; just a different series.   It would make more sense for him -- being a detective -- to end up in a different location, doing the same work.  It might be more of a stretch for Sarah's character to move to a different place  and play the same role in a different series -- especially in an established series that she was not part of from the beginning.  But I'd love to see it happen!

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think his movies are some of the few I like.  I really liked the one on Saturday night...I watched the whole thing which is rare.  I had never seen him in anything until the Mr Darcy movie so I was otherwise unfamiliar with him.

• Love 1

Slowly watching movies that are on the DVR and surprised at how much I enjoyed  Love and Sunshine. The dog was gorgeous and the leads had very nice chemistry. I also loved the fact that they got together and were allowed to date and enjoy themselves, so I was wondering where they were going with the storyline and didn’t see the deployment coming at all. I admit that I cried more than I should have, but it was refreshing to see a plot that we rarely see on Hallmark. Plus the ex wasn’t a conniving person and actually encouraged the two of them to get together.

I feel bad for the other ex because the actor tends to play the “other guy” a lot and hope one day he can get the girl.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, twoods said:

I feel bad for the other ex because the actor tends to play the “other guy” a lot and hope one day he can get the girl.

Peter Benson.  I laugh every time I see this guy.  He frequently plays the schlubby boyfriend or sometimes husband of the female lead’s sister or the like.  Casting must have him on speed dial he’s been in a ton of these movies.  Aaron Craven is another one who’s in a lot of these, usually playing a jerk.

• Love 1

Peter Benson is definitely one of the most prolific supporting actors in Hallmark movies of all themes, on both the regular channel and on HMM.   Sometimes I even see him pop up in Lifetime movies (the usual stalker/killer/gaslight/adulterer fare;  not the Christmas movies as much).

Peter was finally given a new Hallmark job.  He is going to direct the next Aurora Teagarden movie -- it will be #13 in the series, airing sometime next year.   One of the producers of the Aurora movies mentioned Peter's new directorial role on Twitter last week or the week before.

• Love 1

I though A Summer Romance was an "ok" movie but I was bugged by two things. First, they really wrapped this movie up quick. It would've been nice to see how Ryan Paevey's character was going to fix thing besides just saying, "It's not going to happen." But the think that bothered me the most was the mother telling the little girl that it was time to go to bed when the scene lighting made it like like it was noon! I know it stays sunny later in Montana during the summer but that was ridiculous!

• Love 2

Rome in Love was decent. The storyline was a bit of a bore, but the scenery was amazing and I liked both leads. Was wondering why it didn’t show her filming the movie at all (probably budget constraints) which is why she was just doing photos and then has all the time to go sightsee. They could have done a lot more with the storyline and the actors having good chemistry that it was a bit of a letdown. Don’t get me started on the misunderstanding with her throwing a fit without reading the article. She’s in a movie- there are going to be articles about her. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, AAEBoiler said:

I though A Summer Romance was an "ok" movie but I was bugged by two things. First, they really wrapped this movie up quick. It would've been nice to see how Ryan Paevey's character was going to fix thing besides just saying, "It's not going to happen." But the think that bothered me the most was the mother telling the little girl that it was time to go to bed when the scene lighting made it like like it was noon! I know it stays sunny later in Montana during the summer but that was ridiculous!

lol  I thought the same thing when the girl was told to go to bed.  I was thinking "Exactly how late is it? How can she sleep when it's still so light outside?"

2 hours ago, twoods said:

Rome in Love was decent. The storyline was a bit of a bore, but the scenery was amazing and I liked both leads. Was wondering why it didn’t show her filming the movie at all (probably budget constraints) which is why she was just doing photos and then has all the time to go sightsee. They could have done a lot more with the storyline and the actors having good chemistry that it was a bit of a letdown. Don’t get me started on the misunderstanding with her throwing a fit without reading the article. She’s in a movie- there are going to be articles about her. 

I agree that the movie had some good points (scenery and pleasant leads), but somehow it just didn't all work together in the way I hoped it would.  It had potential, but it somehow missed the mark a bit.  And it felt like it was moving slowly, whereas I think Jen Lilley's Paris movie in May kept up a better pace.  Rome in Love wasn't as breezy and lighthearted as I hoped it would be.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, AAEBoiler said:

Hello, fellow Hallmark lovers/haters!  lol    I've been lurking a while, but this is my first time posting on this thread. 

Just wanted to add that I thought the same thing!  It was at least twice in the movie, too!  And then she wouldn't even give the little girl 5 minutes longer, when it wasn't even close to dark.  Also found it annoying when the two leads camped out, and neither took their boots off to go to sleep.

Edited by Miss Bones
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Miss Bones said:

Hello, fellow Hallmark lovers/haters!  lol    I've been lurking a while, but this is my first time posting on this thread. 

Just wanted to add that I thought the same thing!  It was at least twice in the movie, too!  And then she wouldn't even give the little girl 5 minutes longer, when it wasn't even close to dark.  Also found it annoying when the two leads camped out, and neither took their boots off to go to sleep.

Yes, the lying side by side flat on their backs with only their hands touching was bad enough.  Neither one took of their boots, unbuckled their belt, untucked their shirt?  I'm surprised Hallmark allowed them to remove their cowboy hats.  Yeesh!

• Love 3

Well, honestly, if I were sleeping in a spot where I had just heard a mountain lion, I would keep my boots on, my belt buckled, and anything else tucked in and fully fastened so I could be ready to get out of there in a hot second if I had to.    I sleep in full clothes and shoes when there is an earthquake here, for fear of  having to run outside or run somewhere at the drop of a hat.  

That said, I wouldn't go to sleep in a spot where I had just heard a mountain lion in the first place, so I would never get to that point.  lol

Edited by TVFan17
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Well, honestly, if I were sleeping in a spot where I had just heard a mountain lion, I would keep my boots on, my belt buckled, and anything else tucked in and fully fastened so I could be ready to get out of there in a hot second if I had to.    I sleep in full clothes and shoes when there is an earthquake here, for fear of  having to run outside or run somewhere at the drop of a hat.  

That said, I wouldn't go to sleep in a spot where I had just heard a mountain lion in the first place, so I would never get to that point.  lol

Before they even heard the mountain lion, I was skeptical about their camping out there!  She had just mentioned earlier in the movie about there being coyotes and wolves. 

Edited by Miss Bones
grammar
  • Love 2

I like Erin Krakow, but I continue to be mystified about how she not only got into but graduated from Juilliard. I was under the impression it's hard to get into the school. Maybe she's a great stage actress. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Stuffy said:

I like Erin Krakow, but I continue to be mystified about how she not only got into but graduated from Juilliard. I was under the impression it's hard to get into the school. Maybe she's a great stage actress. 

Maybe she was a decent actress in high school/college and simply didn't progress like most professionally trained actors.  Or, maybe the admissions team made an error and she simply didn't live up to her potential.  I agree that, while she is adequate but her acting is nothing special and her line readings often seem stilted.

For those interested in Hallmark stars appearing in other shows; Brendan Penney has a recurring role on the Beverly Hills 90210 reboot.  He appeared for the first time last night playing a body guard for Jennie Garth's character.  This show has no problems with putting characters into the sack together and I expect he and Jennie will be doing that next week.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 6

Love at Sea is on, Alexa and Carlos Penavega fall in love at sea while working on a  cruise ship. I googled to see when they had the new child because they are fairly cute together in this, and they were a little stiff in their mystery movie-- I think because she was having to hide the pregnancy on screen.

So google also told me they got a cruise ship sponsorship after this movie, and even did their gender revel party on one of the ships. Interesting

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Maybe she was a decent actress in high school/college and simply didn't progress like most professionally trained actors.  Or, maybe the admissions team made an error and she simply didn't live up to her potential.  I agree that, while she is adequate but her acting is nothing special and her line readings often seem stilted.

For those interested in Hallmark stars appearing in other shows; Brendan Penney has a recurring role on the Beverly Hills 90210 reboot.  He appeared for the first time last night playing a body guard for Jennie Garth's character.  This show has no problems with putting characters into the sack together and I expect he and Jennie will be doing that next week.

I was surprised to see Brendan on BH90210 last night -- with facial hair and all!   He is credited in the cast list as Brendan "Perry" on IMDB, which is funny -- or at least he was, as of yesterday.   Maybe it's been corrected since then.  As soon as he appeared onscreen, I thought, "Oh... he's there to take Jennie's mind off of Jason Priestley."

And then, in previous episodes, we had the Ali Liebert appearance, and the Christopher Russell (pig farmer) appearance!  There are maybe 2 or 3 episodes left, so I am wondering who else from Hallmark will show up before it ends.

Edited by TVFan17
On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:38 AM, Irlandesa said:

IMO he is way beyond handsome.  He is hot beyond belief.  I am watching the movie now and so far I think his acting has improved.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, susannot said:

IMO he is way beyond handsome.  He is hot beyond belief.  I am watching the movie now and so far I think his acting has improved.

I think so too.  He is the kind of good-looking that has to be paired with an equally attractive co-star for me to find it believable.  Like in From Friend to Fiancé... Jocelyn Hudon was a great match for him.  If the leads are not equally attractive or at least pretty close, they need more build up and a better story for me to buy into it, usually... and that is not Hallmark's strong suit.

Sometimes if the match is way off, it can feel like they're pandering to the large female segment of their audience.  Especially when they cast those wooden male model types that weren't hired for their acting skills. 

I also tend to dislike their dog/puppy-related movies too, because they feel very calculated to me.  Same with military deployment storylines, etc. 

I may be overly cynical, but Hallmark movies are usually so contrived and "by the numbers" anyway... certain elements feel too manipulative and immediately elicit a hard-pass from me.  (Sorry, Hallmark.  I need you to try harder!)

Edited by AnnaRose
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I have seen her pop up in some other television shows and think she is better in the guest roles that I have seen her in than what she does on Hallmark. I think she is better when she does not have to deliver the standard Hallmark syrupy lines. There are some shows I have watched that are so horribly written and directed that when I see the actors in other roles I realized they can act after all. 

• Love 2

I also think that Ryan has improved and have liked him the best in his newest movie. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be and kept my interest. My expectations get lower year by year- looking back my favorite Hallmark movies are way better than anything I find remotely enjoyable nowadays. The best movie (by far) the past year has been the dog movie with Nikki DeLoach and Michael  Rady. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 8

I watched A Summer Romance, and I really liked it! I am partial to Ryan Paevey so I'm sure that helps. He's kind of low key but so is Erin Krakow. Normally I wouldn't think that would work well, but their low key energies seemed to match each nicely and I thought they had good chemistry. I wouldn't mind seeing them paired again in the future. 

I also liked that the little girl was her half sister (I think? A later in life baby for her dad and stepmom?) instead of being her daughter. It gets tiresome having the lead have a child with a (usually deceased) former spouse.

• Love 4

While we are on the subject of Ryan Paevey, two things come to mind:

1) His upcoming Christmas movie (Christmas at the Plaza is the title for right now) starts filming soon, and I wonder who has been cast as his leading lady; and

2) The Deck the Hallmark podcast guys just did an interview with Ryan (after watching A Summer Romance), and I think that was the most I have ever heard Ryan speak!   I never think of him as being a big talker -- at least, he hasn't been very chatty when I've seen him in other interviews.    He seemed a lot less low-key and more animated than I am used to from him, so it was surprising.   It's pretty entertaining.  They started out with Ryan on video, live from his car, and I guess the video failed and they continued the interview on audio --

• Love 3
On 8/21/2019 at 3:37 PM, Stuffy said:

I can't really address how *good* an actress she is - she seems okay to me -- but a dear friend of mine was in her class at Juilliard, and following him and the class, I think she is absolutely the most successful member of that class.  She was in the series about Army Wives before this, and I know she did one show on stage at The Guthrie Theatre in Minneapolis ("Importance of Being Earnest").  As an acting career goes, she has one.  I read that an alarming number of Juilliard grads (in acting and the other disciplines, dance, music etc) do not end up making a living in their fields.  (If anybody knows anything about other Juilliard grads from that period who are also making a living, it would be interesting to hear.)   (Other note, she not only got into Juilliard, she got in as a high school graduate and not having gone to any college, or so I recall.)  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Ok, am I the only one fundamentally bothered by Autumn Reeser’s hair cut?? I had to google her age because she went from cute, early-mid-30’s to looking like she’s pushing 50. Then I realized she was probably my age when she filmed this and had to look in the mirror to make sure that I, too, do not look like I’m in my late 40’s. #vainandpetty #apparently

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Ok, am I the only one fundamentally bothered by Autumn Reeser’s hair cut?? I had to google her age because she went from cute, early-mid-30’s to looking like she’s pushing 50. Then I realized she was probably my age when she filmed this and had to look in the mirror to make sure that I, too, do not look like I’m in my late 40’s. #vainandpetty #apparently

People have commented on her being in movies with the "older" Hallmark guys lately. I wonder if they have pushed for her to have shorter hair so she'd look more age appropriate in the movies. I was actually thinking similar before you posted - how much more youthful she looked with her longer hair. I don't think she looks quite as old as you do, though.

• Love 4