Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, VMepicgrl said:

People have commented on her being in movies with the "older" Hallmark guys lately. I wonder if they have pushed for her to have shorter hair so she'd look more age appropriate in the movies. I was actually thinking similar before you posted - how much more youthful she looked with her longer hair. I don't think she looks quite as old as you do, though.

Well, I’m being perhaps a bit hyperbolic 😆 But I was thinking it might be because she was paired with the older men lately. It also didn’t help that I just watch A Country Wedding and, although Jesse Metcalfe is 2 years older than her, they both had a younger vibe in that movie. 

• Love 2

I still can’t believe that Jesse Metcalfe is 41- he still looks exactly like he did in the John Tucker movie where he played a teenager. I think he makes a good lead so am looking forward to his upcoming movie with Autumn since they were great together in the Country Wedding movie.

• Love 5
On 8/23/2019 at 10:58 AM, Jenniferbug said:

I also liked that the little girl was her half sister (I think? A later in life baby for her dad and stepmom?) instead of being her daughter. It gets tiresome having the lead have a child with a (usually deceased) former spouse.

If we're talking about A Summer Romance, the little girl was the daughter of the two caretakers.  No relation to Erin's character. 

• Love 2

First an admission - I know nothing about sailing, boats, being the captain or crew on a vessel, etc.

Now the question - Why didn't the owners, captain take the boat out for a shake-down cruise before opening night? They seemed to indicate that the chef (& perhaps the servers) hadn't cooked on a moving boat - wouldn't you make sure all parts were in working order before allowing your passengers on board? Too expensive to do that?

These are the silly questions that go through my mind when watching many of the Hallmark movies! Why didn't they & then fill in the blank for what seems like common sense but somehow never happens in these movies  

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, ehall1052 said:

Where has Paul Greene been? I think he would have been a better fit for Erin Krakow in A Summer Romance. Paul makes any movie better. I can look at him all day.  😉

He was taking a break from making Hallmark movies.  I can't recall in which interview he stated it, but he pointed out that he had done a lot of movies in his first couple of years with Hallmark, and he was kind of stepping back for a bit and waiting for the right project (not counting his work on When Calls the Heart).

So I guess he decided that the right movie to bring him back would be the upcoming 3rd installment in the Christmas in Evergreen series, as that is the next non-WCTH movie he's doing.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Marathonrunner said:

First an admission - I know nothing about sailing, boats, being the captain or crew on a vessel, etc.

Now the question - Why didn't the owners, captain take the boat out for a shake-down cruise before opening night? They seemed to indicate that the chef (& perhaps the servers) hadn't cooked on a moving boat - wouldn't you make sure all parts were in working order before allowing your passengers on board? Too expensive to do that?

These are the silly questions that go through my mind when watching many of the Hallmark movies! Why didn't they & then fill in the blank for what seems like common sense but somehow never happens in these movies  

Building on your great point. Why would you hire an engineer without checking his quals? How did the lead get experience running a boat that size? Can you take a wooden hulled boat to the ocean carrying passengers? Why would you waste rentable cabin space so she could live aboard? Why did they make her look old?

• Love 3

And... exactly how old were uncle Roland and Julie? They looked more like peers to Tia, than to her dad... who looked like their grandfather. 

And actually it sounded like SHE did the heartbreaking more so than he previously, or at least it was more mutual. 

Was that the same dude that plays Lacey Chabert's fiancé in those bed and breakfast movie and sequels? He looked different. I like him though. I didn't quite buy that he would abandon his 5-star restaurant for a tiny old boat that may literally sink, but okay. 

Overall, it was pleasant.

Believe it or not, Love Under the Stars was my first exposure to Erin Krakow and I didn't think she was that bad, besides having typical attitude in the beginning. She's certainly miles better than half the Hallmark actresses, but admittedly it's a low bar.

Edited by sistersledge
  • Love 1

Does Sam Page have something wrong with his mouth?  An underbite or something?  He seems delightful, but there is something about the way he moves his mouth when he speaks that throws me off.  Does he clench his jaws?  Anyone else notice it?  When he is just smiling it’s fine.  Then he goes to say something and my brows furrow.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

Does Sam Page have something wrong with his mouth?  An underbite or something?  He seems delightful, but there is something about the way he moves his mouth when he speaks that throws me off.  Does he clench his jaws?  Anyone else notice it?  When he is just smiling it’s fine.  Then he goes to say something and my brows furrow.

Yes, I have always thought the same thing. It’s like he has a little mouth and reminds  me of this emoji: 😮

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Yes!  Was he in the movie about the doctor trying to get a fellowship and help her best friend plan her wedding?  I think he was the friend’s groom who kept sneaking off for dance lessons.  Maybe?!?

ETA: Peter Benson from My Favorite Wedding (I think)

Edited by Crs97
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Happywatcher said:

How did the lead get experience running a boat that size? Can you take a wooden hulled boat to the ocean carrying passengers? Why would you waste rentable cabin space so she could live aboard?

She said she had a captain's license, so there must be a process and requirements for that.

As for her cabin, this was a floating restaurant, so they did not rent out cabins.  It was probably a private yacht in the beginning, so there would have been a cabin for the owners, which she moved into.

Any time I see those "wish lanterns" I wonder what the environmental impact of them is.  What are they made of?  Where do they come down?  Is this more pollution going into the ocean?

I liked the story, but did not find the male lead at all attractive.  I liked the other guy much better.

• Love 2
On 8/24/2019 at 6:24 PM, dreadfulLeigh said:

Ok, am I the only one fundamentally bothered by Autumn Reeser’s hair cut??

I find it interesting that people focus on her hair.  I noticed her plastic face right away.  Her cheeks don’t move anymore.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, kirinan said:

Help me, fellow Hallmark watchers! I know this is a commercial, but do I know this guy from a Hallmark movie? It’s driving me nuts.

Life Cereal picky eater ad.

5 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Yes!  Was he in the movie about the doctor trying to get a fellowship and help her best friend plan her wedding?  I think he was the friend’s groom who kept sneaking off for dance lessons.  Maybe?!?

ETA: Peter Benson from My Favorite Wedding (I think)

3 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1193045/ 

he is Arthur in the Aurora Teagarden Movies also. Plus he is a regular Hallmark costar. Never the lead but in many movies. 

Ha! That is him! He seems to usually play the jerky boyfriend or ex-boyfriend characters like in Falling for Vermont.

3 hours ago, Woopwoopkitty said:

I find it interesting that people focus on her hair.  I noticed her plastic face right away.  Her cheeks don’t move anymore.

Why are all these Hallmark actresses getting early "re-freshening" when they don't need it. Jill Wagner freaked me out when I saw her last because she didn't look anything like herself. Her face is much more pillowy now, too. Both her and Autumn looked great as they were.

In other news, more older movies are moving to the app to make way for more new movies to be shown repeatedly on the channels.

Gone are:

The Wedding March movies

Hello, It's Me

The Darrow & Darrow movies (as mentioned in the mystery thread)

Undercover Bridesmaid (which may still be shown on Pixl)

Wedding Planner Mystery

Wendie Malick's After All These Years

Edited by MissyPoo
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

Ha! That is him! He seems to usually play the jerky boyfriend or ex-boyfriend characters like in Falling for Vermont.

Why are all these Hallmark actresses getting early "re-freshening" when they don't need it. Jill Wagner freaked me out when I saw her last because she didn't look anything like herself. Her face is much more pillowy now, too. Both her and Autumn looked great as they were.

In other news, more older movies are moving to the app to make way for more new movies to be shown repeatedly on the channels.

Gone are:

The Wedding March movies

Hello, It's Me

The Darrow & Darrow movies (as mentioned in the mystery thread)

Undercover Bridesmaid (which may still be shown on Pixl)

Wedding Planner Mystery

Wendie Malick's After All These Years

Which app are you talking about?

7 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Any time I see those "wish lanterns" I wonder what the environmental impact of them is.  What are they made of?  Where do they come down?  Is this more pollution going into the ocean?

I liked the story, but did not find the male lead at all attractive.  I liked the other guy much better.

We were at a large park out of town this weekend and people were launching these, we had much the same conversation.

Ditto about liking the yacht owner more.

• Love 1

Which is the one (I do remember it had Summer in the title) where their male romantic lead, fresh from Big Bad Keto City, is invited to a ranch family meal, and, looking down at their dinner which includes mashed potatoes and corn on the same plate, mutters "So.....carbs....."

Don't you just love the subtle way all these fish-out-of-water characters are depicted?

On 8/18/2019 at 12:38 AM, Irlandesa said:

I just can't with Ryan Paevy.  He's handsome but I just can't get into any character he plays.  The scenery was beautiful but I had to give up when he said "carbs" at the table or when he had to dress up as a cowboy for some reason.  Oh, and work at the ranch and all the other dumbery they have them do in these Hallmark movies.

Just saw your post! GMTA!

10 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

She said she had a captain's license, so there must be a process and requirements for that.

As for her cabin, this was a floating restaurant, so they did not rent out cabins.  It was probably a private yacht in the beginning, so there would have been a cabin for the owners, which she moved into.

I watched this one because I find Autumn Reeser very charming and I think Brennan Elliot is charming and hot.  The moment they showed the other guy on screen (Christopher Russell), I said "Oh, not THIS guy!"  There is just something about his face that bothers me.  He always has this big, white, pearly grin on his face, and it reads unintelligent and almost maniacal to me.  I thought he was just going to play the dumb sidekick to Brennan's character, but then when I realized he was going to be "Other-love-interest-that-she-doesn't-end-up-with", I couldn't roll my eyes back far enough.  He didn't bother me as much in this movie as he has in others, like in Merry Matrimony, but his scenes were still hard for me to watch.

9 hours ago, Woopwoopkitty said:

I'm going to have to pay more attention, because her face hasn't bothered me.  That hair though!  I didn't mind it in Season For Love, which I watched right before I watched All Summer Long.  It was styled much better in SFL.  In ASL, it was so big and convex.  I live in Lancaster County PA, and it reminded me of the bowl cuts the Amish men wear!  Not great, Autumn!  Do better!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Any time I see those "wish lanterns" I wonder what the environmental impact of them is.  What are they made of? 

Aren’t they made of rice? Maybe they disintegrate upon hitting water. I don’t know what happens when you let them off over land.

On 8/24/2019 at 9:24 PM, dreadfulLeigh said:

Ok, am I the only one fundamentally bothered by Autumn Reeser’s hair cut?? I had to google her age because she went from cute, early-mid-30’s to looking like she’s pushing 50. Then I realized she was probably my age when she filmed this and had to look in the mirror to make sure that I, too, do not look like I’m in my late 40’s. #vainandpetty #apparently

Hey now. I'm pushing 50 (less than 5 weeks to go!) and my hair looks nothing like hers did in that movie. I thought she looked cute, but Hallmark has a way of pushing matronly hairstyles/wigs on its female leads.

On 8/25/2019 at 8:00 AM, Marathonrunner said:

For that matter, we never saw Autumn's character take her out for a spin prior to their maiden dinner cruise. And yet...she was prepared to throw away her law career on the off chance that the dinner cruise business MIGHT pan out...after an unsuccessful cruise and one party.

• Love 2

I, too, think Erin Krakow is painful to watch. She doesn't have what it takes to be a romantic heroine -- she just doesn't have that relaxed, playful, flirty vibe that some of the others do. She always seems uptight, tense, wooden. I saw her on Army Wives, too, and she was much the same there. I think she's miscast as part of Hallmark's stable of romantic heroines.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

I've wondered the same. I saw someone else say they thought it was rice. I hope it is something environmentally friendly for sure.

22 hours ago, sistersledge said:

Believe it or not, Love Under the Stars was my first exposure to Erin Krakow and I didn't think she was that bad, besides having typical attitude in the beginning. She's certainly miles better than half the Hallmark actresses, but admittedly it's a low bar.

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong movie, but I don't think that was Erin Krakow in Love Under the Stars. I think it was Ashley Newbrough.

3 minutes ago, VMepicgrl said:
18 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

I've wondered the same. I saw someone else say they thought it was rice. I hope it is something environmentally friendly for sure.

I did some research.  One source says:

"They are often marketed as “biodegradable” or “earth- friendly,” both untrue. Sky lanterns are made with treated paper, wires and/or a bamboo ring. They can travel for miles and always land as dangerous litter. Sky lanterns have caused huge structure fires and wildfires."

There are some brands that advertise as eco friendly that say they are made of rice paper, a bamboo ring, and fire-resistant string, all bio-degradable.  But when they land, until they biodegrade, they are litter.  How long does it take for bamboo to biodegrade?  How is the string made fire-resistant - with chemicals?  And what is the fuel source?

I would think that people who have a ship like that in the movie would care about the ocean.  Those lanterns are going to come down and while the rice paper might melt in the water, the bamboo rings would last a long time, and the string is a danger to ocean life. 

It is disappointing that a movie like this would feature the lanterns without giving thought to the environmental consequences of sending all those lanterns up into the sky.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, VMepicgrl said:

aybe I'm thinking of the wrong movie, but I don't think that was Erin Krakow in Love Under the Stars. I think it was Ashley Newbrough

Oh the one that aired two weeks ago with Ryan Paevy (?)... Montana ranch owner... a summer romance? I can't be bothered to figure out what the name was, under the stars sounded right to me lol!!

On 8/24/2019 at 8:24 PM, dreadfulLeigh said:

Ok, am I the only one fundamentally bothered by Autumn Reeser’s hair cut

I love it.

3 hours ago, VMepicgrl said:
21 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Some of them are made of biodegradable paper but they also have metal and plastic parts which are obviously not.  They are a blight in the water and can cause fires on land.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.

• Love 1

Erin Krakow always looks very self conscious to me.  I don’t like being photographed so look very uncomfortable on video because I know there’s a camera on me.  Erin looks the same.

I am surprised Hallmark hasn’t done a push for Kelli Williams.  Yes, she is approaching 50, but she is a natural who has chemistry with everyone she acts with.  She was in the Christmas one years ago.  She could be the anchor in one of their series and be terrific!

• Love 5

You know what movie I want Hallmark to make? Girl gets engaged to seemingly nice guy at the beginning, then goes home to the small town that she grew up and left years ago. She runs into her high school boyfriend at the town fair/celebration/picnic/festival and realizes . . . that she is making the right decision!  Her seemingly nice fiancé is actually nice and awesome and perfect for her.  Her high school boyfriend was a great first love, but they have totally grown apart to live the lives they are meant to have.  Crazy, I know!

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
5 hours ago, Crs97 said:

You know what movie I want Hallmark to make? Girl gets engaged to seemingly nice guy at the beginning, then goes home to the small town that she grew up and left years ago. She runs into her high school boyfriend at the town fair/celebration/picnic/festival and realizes . . . that she is making the right decision!  Her seemingly nice fiancé is actually nice and awesome and perfect for her.  Her high school boyfriend was a great first love, but they have totally grown apart to live the lives they are meant to have.  Crazy, I know!

Great idea. My twist...

The lead goes to (awesome beach or mtn resort) with her city fiance. He gets stuck working hard due to the work emergency for 4 days of the week and she ends up going around doing fun activities in super photogenic locations with her old male friend from high school.

On day 5 her guy gets done, so she thanks the old guy for being a great friend, and takes fiance to the coolest stuff she did, and they leave even closer.

• Love 8

And when the well-meaning friends warn fiance that she is getting too close to high school boyfriend and he should be really jealous, he just smiles and says he trusts her.  And when he walks in on them hugging goodbye, he just smiles and thanks high school boyfriend for spending so much time with her and invites him to join them for dinner.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Crs97 said:

I read a short story whose title I can’t remember with that sort of plot.  A woman goes home for a reunion and runs into the ex boyfriend she had always wondered about.  She discovers as she gets to know him again that she’d been romanticizing him and realizes the break up was the right thing.  They both achieved goals separately that they couldn’t have if they stayed together.   It ends with her and her ex agreeing to keep it in touch but only as friends.  

The Hallmark Hall of Fame movie Back When we were Grownups takes the reconnecting with the old boyfriend plot and does something really interesting and unexpected with it.  It’s one of my all time favorite movies.

I wonder if Hallmark is capable of making a movie anymore where the lead ends up single and content.  

Edited by Luckylyn
  • Love 7
On 8/26/2019 at 6:25 PM, treeofdreams said:

I did some research.  One source says:

"They are often marketed as “biodegradable” or “earth- friendly,” both untrue. Sky lanterns are made with treated paper, wires and/or a bamboo ring. They can travel for miles and always land as dangerous litter. Sky lanterns have caused huge structure fires and wildfires."

There are some brands that advertise as eco friendly that say they are made of rice paper, a bamboo ring, and fire-resistant string, all bio-degradable.  But when they land, until they biodegrade, they are litter.  How long does it take for bamboo to biodegrade?  How is the string made fire-resistant - with chemicals?  And what is the fuel source?

I would think that people who have a ship like that in the movie would care about the ocean.  Those lanterns are going to come down and while the rice paper might melt in the water, the bamboo rings would last a long time, and the string is a danger to ocean life. 

It is disappointing that a movie like this would feature the lanterns without giving thought to the environmental consequences of sending all those lanterns up into the sky.

Those things need to be banned!  American Housewife had an episode in which they released a ton of those things - it's so irresponsible for television and movies to promote such a horrible thing.  How can anybody think that's an acceptable thing to do?  Geez, people are so idiotic these days!

Edited to Add:  I Googled to make sure "wish lanterns" were the same thing I was thinking of, and found this news story.  So ridiculous!

2 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

I read a short story whose title I can’t remember with that sort of plot.  A woman goes home for a reunion and runs into the ex boyfriend she had always wondered about.  She discovers as she gets to know him again that she’d been romanticizing him and realizes the break up was the right thing.  They both achieved goals separately that they couldn’t have if they stayed together.   It ends with her and her ex agreeing to keep it in touch but only as friends.  

The Hallmark Hall of Fame movie Back When we were Grownups takes the reconnecting with the old boyfriend plot and does something really interesting and unexpected with it.  It’s one of my all time favorite movies.

I wonder if Hallmark is capable of making a movie anymore where the lead ends up single and content.  

I doubt they are capable of producing a movie like that, but it's one I would very much enjoy watching!

Speaking of enjoyable... The Birthday Wish with Jessy Schram and Luke MacFarlane was on tonight, and I got sucked into watching it again.  It's such a cute movie.  Jessy and Luke have a wonderful, easy chemistry, and the relationship between them develops in a very believable way.  (Well, except that Jessy's character doesn't dump her narcissistic boyfriend much earlier, since Luke's character is so awesome... that part was difficult to understand.)  

Looking at his IMDB page, I think I've liked Luke MacFarlane in every Hallmark movie he's starred in... but for some reason I tend to forget about him when I think of my favorite Hallmark leading men.  He's definitely high on the list though.

PS:  Why does my browser spellcheck think "movie" is not a word??  Then again, it doesn't think "favorite" is either.

Edited by AnnaRose
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, AnnaRose said:

Those things need to be banned!  American Housewife had an episode in which they released a ton of those things - it's so irresponsible for television and movies to promote such a horrible thing.  How can anybody think that's an acceptable thing to do?  Geez, people are so idiotic these days!

Edited to Add:  I Googled to make sure "wish lanterns" were the same thing I was thinking of, and found this news story.  So ridiculous!

I doubt they are capable of producing a movie like that, but it's one I would very much enjoy watching!

Speaking of enjoyable... The Birthday Wish with Jessy Schram and Luke MacFarlane was on tonight, and I got sucked into watching it again.  It's such a cute movie.  Jessy and Luke have a wonderful, easy chemistry, and the relationship between them develops in a very believable way.  (Well, except that Jessy's character doesn't dump her narcissistic boyfriend much earlier, since Luke's character is so awesome... that part was difficult to understand.)  

Looking at his IMDB page, I think I've liked Luke MacFarlane in every Hallmark movie he's starred in... but for some reason I tend to forget about him when I think of my favorite Hallmark leading men.  He's definitely high on the list though.

PS:  Why does my browser spellcheck think "movie" is not a word??  Then again, it doesn't think "favorite" is either.

That made me laugh out loud -- I don't think it was here, but on one of the social media platforms I was typing a legitimate, daily, common word and the red underline would not go away, although it was not misspelled and not wrong!   It's not as though I was typing some crazy word that no one knew, but that red would not go away.

Without double checking IMDB to see if I am forgetting anything, I think that most of Jessy's Hallmark movies have been pretty good, with the possible exception of the Sam Page movie in which he was using that silly accent.   Jessy usually seems to make pretty good movie choices -- or she gets asked to do some of the good movies.

Not only do we have Jessy's new Hallmark Fall Harvest movie coming up (tentatively titled Country at Heart), and we will be treated to both Jessy and Niall Matter singing in it, she also did a movie about a snow maze earlier this year (A Mazing Winter Romance, with Marshall Williams) -- and I have to believe that it will end up as part of Hallmark's Winterfest event in January, although it has not been officially announced as being their movie.  Seeing that they aired a movie about a wedding at an ice hotel this year, a snow maze romance movie seems like the next logical step in their Winterfest fare, right?

Luke Macfarlane is currently filming Match Up with Bethany Joy Lenz for Hallmark's next Valentine event in February, which I am looking forward to seeing, and of course he will also be in Sense, Sensibility & Snowmen with Erin Krakow during the holidays.  

Luke seems to kind of fly under the radar, for some reason, but he is one of Hallmark's solid, reliable leading men.     He doesn't use social media, so he maintains a bit of mystery about himself because we don't all know what he is doing every minute of the day.  In fact, if Bethany and Erin had not specifically mentioned him as being in their Valentine and Christmas movies, respectively, I would not have known he was there on the set with them.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 4

Taste of Romance is on while I am doing other things. Teri Polo is so good in this I checked IMDB to see why she isn't a queen of Hallmark. Looks like the last Hallmark she did was 2015 and then she bounced back to doing episodes of broadcast TV.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Happywatcher said:

Taste of Romance is on while I am doing other things. Teri Polo is so good in this I checked IMDB to see why she isn't a queen of Hallmark. Looks like the last Hallmark she did was 2015 and then she bounced back to doing episodes of broadcast TV.

I love Taste of Romance!  I saw it was on halfway through, but I still have my previous recording of it... so I decided to give it another rewatch.  I was already crying during the first scene when young Hannah met Sarah.  Bailey and Teri were both so great in this movie.  I liked the lead actor too.  (I'm too lazy to look up his name right now, but I'm pretty sure he was Elaine's "Desperado" boyfriend in Seinfeld.)  I wish Teri Polo would do more of these.  She deserves a script worthy of her talents though.

TVFan17, thanks for the info about the upcoming movies.  I will keep an eye out for Luke Macfarlane!

Edited by AnnaRose
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Happywatcher said:

I'm not sure why Teri is no longer a leading lady in Hallmark rom coms (I liked her movie The Christmas Shepherd a lot), but I have to imagine that there are reasons why we don't see certain people more often, or see them at all anymore, etc.    There are things that go on behind the scenes, which could range from actors simply getting too busy, to actors tiring of doing those kinds of movies and wanting to move on to other work, to actors wanting more money, to actors' behavior on or off the set, etc.   Maybe some of them had a bad experience on the set of one movie and then decided to not return for another one.  

Who knows what goes on, and whether it's the choice of the actors or the choice of Hallmark to not do more movies?

I don't think Teri has even appeared on Home & Family in several years.  I could be very wrong on that, as I don't watch the show regularly, but I don't remember seeing any promotion for her being on that show in a long time -- like way back when Mark Steines and Cristina Ferrare were still there!

JL Ranch is a Hallmark movie that Teri was in a few years ago, and she is also in the JL Family Ranch 2 sequel to that movie which is airing on the Hallmark Drama channel next year.  But that one features Jon Voight, James Caan and Bo Derek, so I can see why that would be the Hallmark movie to bring Teri back.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Useful 1
On 8/27/2019 at 9:55 PM, Luckylyn said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh, you are serious?

Hallmark and their viewers think the only happy woman is married or widowed/divorced with kids.  Single or childless equates to sad, worthless, unworthy of notice.

• Love 1

Hallmark has plenty of characters who are single and/or childless that aren't about to slit their wrists. They're usually secondary characters but they exist.

That said, what Hallmark airs, they bill as romcoms.  I have issues with some of their tropes (weighted heavily towards people giving up standard careers for more creative careers or moving to a small town vs. big city) but the comfort in romcoms is that the boy and girl find one another and end up happily ever after. 

• Love 5

Here's some Luke Macfarlane for you, AnnaRose!   The director, Christie Will Wolf, of his Valentine movie Match Up (w/ Bethany Joy Lenz) posted this photo...

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
On 8/29/2019 at 1:21 AM, TVFan17 said:

I'm not sure why Teri is no longer a leading lady in Hallmark rom coms (I liked her movie The Christmas Shepherd a lot), but I have to imagine that there are reasons why we don't see certain people more often, or see them at all anymore, etc.    There are things that go on behind the scenes, which could range from actors simply getting too busy, to actors tiring of doing those kinds of movies and wanting to move on to other work, to actors wanting more money, to actors' behavior on or off the set, etc.   Maybe some of them had a bad experience on the set of one movie and then decided to not return for another one.  

Who knows what goes on, and whether it's the choice of the actors or the choice of Hallmark to not do more movies?

A friend has been an actress in several Hallmarks and other movies, mostly DTV. She says Hallmarks pay the best, and they treat the lower ranking actors the best. 

She was in one with Dean Cain and one with Kevin Sarbo, and says they are nice to everyone involved, no matter who they are

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Happywatcher said:

A friend has been an actress in several Hallmarks and other movies, mostly DTV. She says Hallmarks pay the best, and they treat the lower ranking actors the best. 

She was in one with Dean Cain and one with Kevin Sarbo, and says they are nice to everyone involved, no matter who they are

That's good to hear!   I never know what is true and what is not true in any facet of the entertainment industry, because so much of it is designed to be an illusion or to make us think that things are more wonderful than they are.    I generally take anything coming from any actors or networks of any sort (not just Hallmark) with a nice dose of salt, so it's refreshing to hear positive things about the general cast and crew experience.  

I still think that there are all kinds of things that go on behind the scenes --  on or off a set -- and all kinds of reasons why we might not see certain actors at all anymore, or why their appearances in Hallmark projects have dwindled.    The reasons could be very innocuous and simple or very complex and multi-layered, and sometimes it's the actor's choice to turn down offers or just flat out leave (for example, Daniel Lissing), or sometimes it's likely Hallmark's choice to not use certain people anymore.   I think that's just the nature of the business.

But Teri Polo has certainly been gone for a while -- as I mentioned in a previous comment, I don't think she has even been a guest on Home & Family for a while, though I could be wrong on that -- so who knows what happened there?   She might have just wanted to focus on other projects.   But at least she will be in something new coming up, even though it's on the Hallmark Drama channel -- which is still not available to a lot of people.   I don't know how many people were interested enough in the first JL Ranch movie to want to see a sequel to it... but at least it's something new with Teri! 

• Love 1

Speaking of Hallmark Drama, I saw a notice on my latest Xfinity bill that it's being added to my package in October. I don't know which packages it will be on, but I'm on Digital Preferred (also don't know if it may differ by region). Just a heads-up for anyone else who might want to check at some point in October.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

But Teri Polo has certainly been gone for a while -- as I mentioned in a previous comment, I don't think she has even been a guest on Home & Family for a while, though I could be wrong on that -- so who knows what happened there  She might have just wanted to focus on other projects.   But at least she will be in something new coming up, even though it's on the Hallmark Drama channel -- which is still not available to a lot of people.   I don't know how many people were interested enough in the first JL Ranch movie to want to see a sequel to it... but at least it's something new with Teri! 

She’s been the lead on a freeform drama for most of that time so it might have been an availability issue. That show ended last year so hopefully the JL Ranch movie is the beginning of her return to Hallmark. 

1 hour ago, Dani said:

She’s been the lead on a freeform drama for most of that time so it might have been an availability issue. That show ended last year so hopefully the JL Ranch movie is the beginning of her return to Hallmark. 

That makes a lot of sense.  Some of those series are in production for much longer than I had ever imagined, and it must be next to impossible for a lot of the actors to break free for a few weeks to shoot a movie..   They'd be exhausted, at best, but also might not have the time to do it.

I think that Julie Gonzalo is on Supergirl, and that is supposedly filming now and all the way up to April of next year.  I don't know how big of a role she has on the show, but if it's substantial she probably won't be doing anything for Hallmark for a while either.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

During tonight's new movie (My One & Only -- the last Summer Nights premiere of the season), a promo for next Saturday popped up.  There is no new movie next Saturday night, but instead they are repeating Lacey Chabert's Belgium movie, Love, Romance & Chocolate.

Lacey appeared in the promo to say that, during the repeat of her movie next Saturday night, she will be announcing ALL of the new Christmas movies coming up on both the Hallmark Channel and the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel.  She even said "every single one."

The majority of the new Christmas movies are known, but there are still a few left to be announced, and there are some leading ladies/leading men to be announced.  Some of the working titles could have changed by now too.

I think that there should be a full list of movies published by Entertainment Weekly too, but I'm not sure if it will precede Lacey's announcement next Saturday, or be published right after her announcement.

Either way, the full, complete list of all 40 of Hallmark's new Christmas movies will supposedly be known one week from now, if not sooner... that is, until they suddenly decide to add in a new movie in the middle of the season, out of the blue (as they did last year).  lol

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

I think that Julie Gonzalo is on Supergirl, and that is supposedly filming now and all the way up to April of next year.  I don't know how big of a role she has on the show, but if it's substantial she probably won't be doing anything for Hallmark for a while either.

She’s a series regular but Supergirl has a very large cast and the supporting cast doesn’t get much screen time. She still might be able to fit in some movies if she wants. Andrea Brooks has been able to do several movies even though she is a regular on both Supergirl and When Calls the Heart.